The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default 110-day test stallions? Anyone?

Does anyone have a list of which stallions are attending the testing? I've searched online, including the NAFSHB site to no avail.

Spectrum.

If you mean the 100 day stallion testing being held at Paxton Farms, then here is the list:

2007 Stallion Test – Enrolled Stallions:

Amadeus/Oldenburg
    Argosy-Raja’s Ebony xx, by Rajamon xx
    Foaled 5/20/00
    Owner/Breeder: Paula Brito, Utah

Bravo/Oldenburg
    Bugatti Hilltop-Gauguin’s Idea, by Gauguin de Lully
    Foaled 5/24/04
    Owner: Chris Misita, California
    Breeder: Evelyn Morley, Oregon

Confetti/Rheinland
    Conteur-SPS Florenz/Feuerfunke xx
    Foaled 2/23/04
    Owner: Beth Vanderploeg and Dimitriy Kokoshkin, Michigan
    Breeder: Leonie and Georg Kellerwessel, Germany

Fielding/Hanoverian
    Fred Astair-Lesley/Lessing
    Foaled 3/13/04
    Owner/Breeder: Kate Palmquist, Virginia

Fuerst Impression/Hanoverian
    Fuerst Heinrich-Roxana/Regazzoni
    Foaled 3/17/03
    Owner: Angela Barilar, Maryland
    Breeder: Lueder Koepke, Germany

Gatsby/Oldenburg
    Gonzo I-Kalua Song xx/Seattle Song xx
    Foaled 2/13/99
    Owners: Bill and Lori Wilton, Oregon
    Breeder: Gumz Farms, Indiana

Highlight/Hanoverian
    His Highness-Lauria/Lauries Crusador xx
    Foaled 2/1/04
    Owner: Oak Hill Ranch, Louisiana
    Breeder: Hans-Henning Decken, Germany

Imparable/Oldenburg
    Impresario-Pizzaz/Parabol
    Foaled 4/26/04
    Owner: Sara Patterson, Idaho
    Breeder: Performance Plus Sporthorses, Idaho

Rapture R/Hanoverian
    Rotspon-EM Damaris/Donnerhall
    Foaled 1/31/01
    Owner: Ken and Roberta Falk, Virginia
    Breeder: Joachim Tobaben, Germany

Remy G. J./ Swedish
    Rubignon-Ensenada/Exlibris
    Foaled 5/3/04
    Owner/Breeder: Tisha Green, Utah

Reuben SF/Oldenburg
    Foaled 2004
    Owner: Jane Sommers, California

Richmond H. L./Hanoverian
    Rotspon-Davinia/Davignon
    Foaled 4/4/04
    Owner/Breeder: Lucile Mulky Broadley, North Carolina

Saracen/Oldenburg
    Scimitar-Damoiselle/Davignport
    Foaled 4/5/02
    Owner/Breeder: Michael and Jean Bitely, West Virginia

Sir Wanabi/Hanoverian
    Foaled 2002
    Owner: Sandra Laprise, Ontario

Vinca/NAWPN
    Metall-Perennial/Idocus
    Foaled 5/12/02
    Owner: Virginia Parker and Virginia Craley, Pennsylvania
    Breeder: Parker and Virginia Craley, Maryland

Wamberto/KWPN
    Rousseau-Olinda, by Voltaire
    Foaled 5/20/03
    Owner: Harmony Sporthorses, Colorado
    Breeder: L. Heida, Netherlands

Worthy Opponent/Hanoverian
    Waikiki-Hoheit/Hohenstein
    Foaled 3/2/03
    Owner: Dana Estes, California
    Breeder: Horst and Jeannine Peterson, Germany
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Seems like a high number coming from the West Coast.

Hope the CA stallions adjust to humidity.

It's 30% here today in SoCal and that is REALLY high for us.

Default 8YO????????????

I can't believe that they are putting an 8YO (Gatsby) next to 3 YO's and 4 YO's (and probably they will only give them the 5-point handicap). The 5 point handicap was designed in Germany to differentiate between the 3 YO's and the few 4 YO's....but here.. Andras www.prairiepinesfarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by szipi View Post
    I can't believe that they are putting an 8YO (Gatsby) next to 3 YO's and 4 YO's (and probably they will only give them the 5-point handicap). The 5 point handicap was designed in Germany to differentiate between the 3 YO's and the few 4 YO's....but here.. Andras www.prairiepinesfarm.com
    Well, you know, thanks in large part to YOU and a couple others, they weren't able to hold the testing for the past two years, so this stallion couldn't attend. What do you expect them to do with this stallion? Tell him tough sh*t. Go away?
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

OHHHH. That is the equivalent of telling the wife beater that it is the wife's fault.

You know it WAS investigated and despite numerous lawsuit threats, including one to me, it was determined that there were LOTS of problems. Get a fricking grip.

The only reason people are giving it a second chance is because of people like us who, despite the law suit threats, tried to get the word out. You ought to thank us because without us, there would not be Suzanne Quarles overseeing it on the stallion owners' behalf.

If they screw it up again, there probably won't ever be another test - because no one will send one.

tri, Why bless your heart, I absolutey refuse to believe that you are actually as clueless as you appear in your posts.

Default 110-day test

Wow! bloody.....can one or more of the individuals responding to the original post fill in a newbee as to what everyone is discussing in this public forum? I understand we are discussing the 100-day stallion test for NA, but what were the original complaints that caused the admins to add a voice for the stallion owners? I don't really care who's fault it was that it was cancelled last year. Thanks.

The main complaint was a lack of communication between the testing staff and the stallion owners. Many of the "issues" would have not existed if there had been better communication. Easy fix - appoint someone who would be the intermediary between the testing staff and the stallion owners.

It's not as dramatic as some would like it to seem.

Sonesta, you just choose to believe what you want and you haven't been "clued in" for very long either.

I know a lot of what happened at the last test.....and I know a lot of what happened at the test BEFORE that one too....you know, the one that was so successfully swept under the rug. And no, I don't even own a stallion so don't start with the sour grapes thing. But I DO KNOW a lot of what happened.

Curious though, since you are self proclaiming to know. Have you put a stallion through? Have you personally spoken to very many of the stallion owners who have put stallions through? If you have, over how many tests and how many stallion owners?

Tri wrote:
    You ought to thank us because without us, there would not be Suzanne Quarles overseeing it on the stallion owners' behalf.

No Tri, you got that all backwards, despite us would be the proper wording. There are people like Suzanne volunteering despite people like yourself.

I was in the board meetings discussing these tests and I was there when we did not take the steps needed to have our interest in the test represented and I was there when we did.

I know that Sonnesta has been in the middle of it for several years video taping the mid terms and finals and providing them for owners who were not able to make it. Quite a nice service I would say and now she has put an educational DVD together for interrested stallion owners about the test and prep.

Since this is so important to many, you as well Tri why not give it a chance, you, me, Sonnesta and many others are trying for the best in our own ways. I am pleased so far but stallions may still get hurt and some will not make it, that is what part of this test is supposed to do but we all want the best possible results which gives us a first indication of a stallions talent and possibility of a breeding career.
    www.immunallusa.com
    www.rainbowequus.com Home of stallions that actually produced champion hunter, jumper and dressage offspring and now also champion eventers

Default MAin complaint

Quote Originally Posted by Sonesta View Post
    The main complaint was a lack of communication between the testing staff and the stallion owners. Many of the "issues" would have not existed if there had been better communication. Easy fix - appoint someone who would be the intermediary between the testing staff and the stallion owners.

It's not as dramatic as some would like it to seem.
    Sonesta,

You have been a great proponent and supporter of the 100-day testing. I also support the concept, as is written down....but not the way it is actually implemented here. Unfortunately you have only attended the final 3 days of the stallion testings (which is always fun) and you have no idea what has gone on there on a day-to-day basis. It is not the lack of communication - it is the LACK OF HORSEMANSHIP what was the problem. Just read the results of the investigation by the Federation of North American Sporthorse Registries. Sincerely, Andras www.prairiepinesfarm.com

Default What is your problem? Attend math classes!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonesta View Post
    Well, you know, thanks in large part to YOU and a couple others, they weren't able to hold the testing for the past two years, so this stallion couldn't attend. What do you expect them to do with this stallion? Tell him tough sh*t. Go away?

Thanks to me, changes were prompted, after years of very bad things happening at the testing. But sticking to the subject: If my math is correct, in 2004, at the time of the last testing, Gatsby was 5 years old. At the time of the 2002 100-day testing, he was a 3 YO. He had plenty of opportunity to go. The test is DESIGNED for 3 year-olds, with the occassional 4 YO present. What they should have told himl that he should get his requirements through sport - or, if they want the owner's money that bad, they should assign handicap points for each additional year....otherwise this test has no actual meaning. Andras

Edgar, I am giving it a chance. I am waiting to see what the outcome is and if they don't mess this testing up, I will once again - as I used to be - be a proponent of the testing.

I honestly don't think it was "despite us", as you say. And, I don't believe YOU believe that either. I'm calling you on it. You wanted the changes as much as we did and you were frustrated with the inaction and the denials as much as we were. Maybe you did or did not recieve the "shut up or else" lawsuit threats that MANY of us recieved. And that was when we were NOT going public but trying to work within the system directly with the people responsible. It pissed us off and it is ONLY then that many of us got vocal regarding the problems.

I should have done it sooner. I did shut up after the test before last, thinking they would fix the problem although not acknowledge them. But then look what happened at the very next test. It was even worse but at least more people knew about it and, like me, more willing to talk about it.

Edgar, maybe you can look at yourself in the mirror and rationalize your silence as being "good for the overall registry goals". But I am here to say that I formally apologize to all the stallion owners for not speaking up sooner.

Shame on you Edgar. I thought more of you than that.

I have a very difficult time taking seriously ANYONE who hides behind an anonymous screen name. Tri, you know who I am and who Edgar is. Just who the hell are YOU?

Ok, how about the Federation of North American Sporthorse Registries? They were concerned enough to do an investigation and found a lot of problems, now didn't they? Are you taking them seriously?

Edited because I won't be drawn into a snark fest with tri. Fish below has posted a link that should somewhere on it have a copy of the letter from the Federation investigation (Hey! I posted it there!) so those interested can see for themselves that there was a lot of smoke (allegations) but very little fire.
    Last edited by Sonesta; Sep. 5, 2007 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derid View Post
    Wow! bloody.....can one or more of the individuals responding to the original post fill in a newbee as to what everyone is discussing in this public forum? I understand we are discussing the 100-day stallion test for NA, but what were the original complaints that caused the admins to add a voice for the stallion owners? I don't really care who's fault it was that it was cancelled last year. Thanks.
    I think this thread will answer your question if you want to take the time to read through it: http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum...ghlight=Paxton

Tri I think you want to look important because belittleling people who actually are part of the progress is not so effective. Everybody can sit back and wait and everybody can pick and choose things to critique. Being a loud mouth on an internet site does not do a thing positive to be part of the solution. I choose to use effective channels to improve the test. You it seems are stuck in the past with allegations which mostly did not prove anything. now we go on making it the best we can regardless and despite......
    www.immunallusa.com
    www.rainbowequus.com Home of stallions that actually produced champion hunter, jumper and dressage offspring and now also champion eventers

Ok, took a look at the thread fish mentioned above. It's educational, but should also be followed up by http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum...ad.php?t=31197
    on page 7 of which is a copy of the letter from the investigation.