as either a companion horse or light riding...5 yrs, 16.1 and very flashy... I got Pizzazz from Penn National last fall with a fractured cannon...this horse has had xrays and vets think he will come around 100% but for now no guarantees...he will walk trot canter under saddle and goes on lunge and in side reins...awesome sweet horse...and gorgeous!! Did I forget that part? Lol...I dont feel right selling him lame and really just want him to have an awesome forever home with someone to pamper him...Does anyone have a place for Pizzazz??
Really wishing I could find a home for this boy...or even a free lease...I really dont have the time for him...and he is soooo sweet!! I think hed be perfect for a patient dedicated teen who cant really afford to buy an expensive horse but is willing to take the time on this one...he will come sound!! I can take him back if it doesnt work out!!
Horse is located in Egg Harbor NJ... I am not opposed to a long distance situation as long as there are references, and I would like a contract that if he cant be kept for any reason that I am notified he be returned to me... The vets thought his recovery would be about a year and his injury was in november of 2006...He is about 85-90% with good days and bad...I have gotten on and ridden w/t/c...and he is lightly lunged in side reins at walk and trot...Im honestly not gonna promise anything which is why hes being offered for companion or light riding but if brought back slowly and correctly he will be an amazing athlete... I would take it easy through the winter and focus on basics and it'll probably be a little longer before he can jump...but next spring he could do some dressage shows or something...like I said no guaruntees...hope this helps!!!
I have been out of riding for some time now.... a bit rusty. I would be able to give him plenty of rest through-out the winter , but was wondering if I might be able to do some light riding with him. Also ...I have never had a horse with sort of injury & was wondering how often (at this point in his recovery) should he be vet checked to see that progress is going smoothly? He is a beautiful horse & would like to perhaps be considered for his new home. I am located in Lexington KY....but he would be in Danville KY with my mother.
He could do some light riding and would probably love trails...Ive done walk and trot work in the ring and on a lunge and just give him lots of breaks...he will canter nicely under saddle with some encouragement but I wouldnt recommend it at this point...He is turned out with my other horse and they gallop around and play all day long. Pizzazz was very unhappy being cooped up on stall rest and they vets agreed turning him out would be much more beneficial to him mentally even if the healing takes a litte longer...as far as vet checks are concerned he'll probably need a set of xrays taken to see his progress and probably one down the road a little...the fracture was not very big and one vet suggested that if I were in a hurry for him to heal, we could use electromagnetic therapy but she didnt think it'd be necessary...What about the distance?? Kentucky is far...would you be able to transport him??
I was thinking he would like to be outside a lot. Most horses are that way He would be in only in the nastiest of weather. As far as riding...walking & troting are fine. As far as distance I am not sure how far I am away from you. But I can find out if you give me the local you are in.
I have no problem with the distance and yes you are right...Pizzazz loves to be outside running around. Even when hes in his stall he just stands gazing out his window Would you be trailering him yourself or hiring a transporter? He ships like a dream. Bringing him home was 2 1/2 hours and he was awesome. Do you have any references and/or photos of where he would live? Im excited!! This might be a match!!
I could have some pics & a vet reference soon. Since I live in Lexington my mom will be able to do this for me. We are two peas in a pod so to speak. She was the "horse show mom" when I was younger!!! Also what-ever contracts you wish to have drawn up for the match with Pizzazz be no problem. My mother & I would be the ones to come to pick him up personaly.
Ive been working with a potential adopter all month but its getting down to the wire...nothing is definate yet...if you are interested send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can talk...are you local? Ive been out of work a few months now due to medical issues and its getting expensive to board 2 horses with all my other expenses. I have no time to love him, and my other horse Ive had forever...I have to find a home for Pizzazz and was hoping before the 1st of October. ** Just so no one gets the wrong idea, Pizzazz wont be euthanized or sent to auction...I will wait for a proper home for him...*** Thanks for looking!!