The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

there was some huge brawl on here or catchride about her photo on the grey pony with the bows because people were apperantly claiming that she was "digging" the pony with the spurs....shes a great little rider and deserves all that she won.

People just want to find faults in her because she's such a good rider and they're jealous. Congrats on all your accomplishments Lillie!

Quote Originally Posted by Lou-Lou View Post
    I know. I wish all kids worked so hard. Maybe then there'd be more like her, although perhaps she's a special breed.

Congrats again Lillie!!!!
    I'm from eventing land, but this kid sounds amazing. And she's so cute. There are many young kids like that in the eventing world at least (know this by being a kid myself; I'm 15) so I wouldn't lose hope!

In the eventing world, Harley Austin who is 13, is a very, very talented rider who rides very difficult ponies. Her newest horse that I saw at an event in an hot little OTTB that she has done most of the training on, and she is completely responsible for his care at home.

I certainly wish I could ride as well as some of these little kids in the hunter/dresssage/eventing worlds!
    T3DE Pact

Congrats to Lillie! I loved reading the article on PF's in last months Equestrian! What a little star in the making oh and I love her hair ribbons! So cute!

DominoEffect6 Guest

Smile

Lillie has gone on to sweep a ton of other pony divisions... at places like the penn. National and Devon... on DIFFERENT ponies. So its not like those 3 are her only good rides, she can make alot of ponies look good! Congrats to her!!!

I certainly give her a lot of congradulations on a job very well done. But let's not jump down the throats of those who aren't spinning circles of joy for this little girl. The opportunity she has to ride so many ponies at such a high level is definitely something to be envied. She's TEN for christsake, and just one day decided she wanted to ride a pony, so she hopped on and eventually went to pony finals? Forgive me for sounding jerkish, but at the age of ten I (and a LOT of others) begged and begged for lessons, cried so hard everytime it rained on lesson day, and spent just as much time "mucking stalls, cleaning tack and ponies" but without all the payoff.
    So, yes. I'm sure she put down amazing rounds and I do not doubt that she's an awesome rider... it's not how good she is what we're jealous of. It's the luck that she was born into and the opportunites she has had that made her so good.

So, yes. I think being bitter, within consideration, is pretty okay.
    Last edited by The Big Bay Mare; Jul. 22, 2008 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Clicker happy
    THE NUMBER ONE REASON HORSES ARE BETTER THAN BOYS:
    a horse will love you forever!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Bay Mare View Post
    I certainly give her a lot of congradulations on a job very well done. But let's not jump down the throats of those who aren't spinning circles of joy for this little girl. The opportunity she has to ride so many ponies at such a high level is definitely something to be envied. She's TEN for christsake, and just one day decided she wanted to ride a pony, so she hopped on and eventually went to pony finals? Forgive me for sounding jerkish, but at the age of ten I (and a LOT of others) begged and begged for lessons, cried so hard everytime it rained on lesson day, and spent just as much time "mucking stalls, cleaning tack and ponies" but without all the payoff.
    So, yes. I'm sure she put down amazing rounds and I do not doubt that she's an awesome rider... it's not how good she is what we're jealous of. It's the luck that she was born into and the opportunites she has had that made her so good.

So, yes. I think being bitter, within consideration, is pretty okay.
    Not in my world. The adult thing to do (and really should be possible for anyone over the age of say, 12) is to be happy for her and work on yourself. Not be bitter and whine. Work hard. Life is full of people who get things handed to them. You might as well get used to it. It's not going away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazednconfused View Post
    Not in my world. The adult thing to do (and really should be possible for anyone over the age of say, 12) is to be happy for her and work on yourself. Not be bitter and whine. Work hard. Life is full of people who get things handed to them. You might as well get used to it. It's not going away.
    Looking back at my first post, I believe I stated how happy I am for her. I'm pretty sure it's there? Oh wait. It is.
    It just puts thing into perspective. When I was ten (that was seven years ago, mind you.), things were so much different. This little girl is living what I dreamed every night in bed. Forgive me for being "bitter" about not being the lucky one pulled from the hat and pushed into perfection, but I don't think I'm wasting away with envy, pulling my hair out and sweating rather than working on myself. I am. I'm pretty sure we all are.
    I'm just being an advocate for those that might sit back and go, "damn. it would be pretty awesome to be that little girl. lucky kid."
    Forgive me?
    THE NUMBER ONE REASON HORSES ARE BETTER THAN BOYS:
    a horse will love you forever!