The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Stallions going to the 100 Day Test this year??

I have not seen a list of the stallions who will be attending the 100 Day Test this year, or the 30 Day Test for that matter. Anyone know?? Please share as I am curious.
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Do any of the breed associations post this info?
    Owner of ATA and Verband-Approved Trakehner stallion, Tzigane *Pb*, breeder of ATA-approved Semper Fidelis

www.twingates.com

I believe 17 stallions are attending and started about 10 days ago. As soon as I find a list I will post it.
    www.immunallusa.com
    www.rainbowequus.com Home of stallions that actually produced champion hunter, jumper and dressage offspring and now also champion eventers

I know of 4 or 5 that are there, but I'm waiting for an official list to be released before saying anything. I think that after all the controversy after the last testing, they are trying to stay kind of "low key" with this one.

Do they ever host a stallion testing in the SE part of the country. Is it ever open to spectators? Thanks
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

Paxton is just east of Cincinnatti....better that CA for those in the SE.Peg

Vinca's owner posted here that he was going. Beyond that I don't know.

I believe Saracen (Scimitar) is there as well as Wamburto (Rousseau).

RBA Guest

There are some stallions from the province of Quebec that were inspected with the Old/ISR in 2005 and 2006: Royal T, Aliano, Bratt Z and Sir Wanabi that should be going.....but I think three of them Royal T, Aliano and Bratt Z are still in Canada?

Can someone elaborate on that? If they don't go, won't they lose their approval with the Old/ISR?

Also, does anyone know what happened with the "Young Horse" session that was advertisied before the test?
    "It's not how good you ride, It's how good your horse covers for you." -Kristan
    Magic Rose Farm- home of Beste Gold & Hot Shot
    Beste Gold & Offspring on Facebook
    Magic Rose Farm Warmbloods on FB

Paxton Farm's events calendar mentions something along those line MagicRose:
    http://www.paxtonfarm.com/Events/calendar.htm

But it was for the mid-term.

I am not aware of anything like that at the start of the test.

Vinca is there, he's stabled next to my stallion. I have to say I didn't take note of who else was there. Saracen is also there. It was good to see En Avant. She's been holding my hand. Actually, several people have been holding my hand.

I got a big sense of relief when Edgar noted that we are 10 days into the test. One tenth the way there! I need to install one of those countdown clocks on my computer.
    "No matter how cynical I get its just not enough to keep up." Lily Tomlin

ahf,

Best wishes with your boy. I am not there but will hold your cyber hand.

I was just looking at the calendar link ahf posted. Can anyone tell me or point me to information on what the Hunter Stallion test is?

ahf--Good luck with your boy!
    www.heartofgoldfarm.com

RIP "Rio" (BW-Clarion) 2000-2009. Bright Spirit, Brave Heart, Loving Soul. I'll love and miss you forever.

Red face Gatsby there!

My guy is there and boy am I nervous! My husband and I agonized for months before we finally made the decision, but in the end, we decided that it would be the best thing for him if he can get through it successfully (fingers crossed). I will be on pins and needles until it's over, but I'm excited about how it will hopefully mature him and give him lots of great training.

Lori
    www.foxdalefarm.us

I can give a rough list from what I remember. I have forgotten some names and some pedigrees. As said Saracen is there as is AHF's Fielding, Vinca and Gatsby. There is Angela Barilar's Fuerst Heinrich son, Fuerst Impression, A Hohenstein son, Highlife, Rapture R. by Rotspon, another black Rotspon that I can't remember the name of, Sir Wanabe who I believe is a Sandro Hit grandson, a chestnut Waikiki son from California, Bravo who is by Bugatti Hilltop, a Regazoni, an Argosy and a beautiful brown Conteur son called Confetti. Wamberto wasn't there yet as he was still in quarantine but, he may have arrived by now. I may have forgotten someone but, as I said this is just what I remember from one day.

The AHS office released a list of the enrolled stallions for me yesterday to post on the website. Go to http://www.hanoverian.org/Stallions/...lts/2007.shtml for more info.
    "If a horse has a "warm" back—loose, supple and oscillating—he can lift the rider...on a "cold" back—low and stiff—the rider achieves nothing other than growing old sitting on it." —Charles de Kunffy

I dont think Sir Wanabi is a SH grandson... he is by Santorini (Sunlight/Dirk) out of a mare by Lortzing/ Leibwaechter... he has been bougth at the RCMP auction as a 2yo or 3yo if my memory is right.

He is a very nice stallion btw. No that much advertized, but I was positively impressed by is appearance at the Old/Na licencing.

Les Écuries d'Automne, Québec, Canada
    Visit EdA's Facebook page!

How is it fair to have a 7yr old and an 8 year old stallion competing with the 3 and 4 year olds? one stallion born in 1999 is there, one born in 2000 is there! *sigh* I thought they didn't allow stallions older than a certain age, which I thought was 6?

Does GOV accept the horses that pass the test at Paxton? or will they then have to be presented at a GOV inspection site? How doesthat work?

Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com

Letter posted on the AHS website from Suzanne Quarles:

100 days test -- Letter of Introduction

Hello Stallion Owners!

I was very glad to meet some of you at Paxton Farm and sorry that some of you were unable to be at the start of the 100 Days Test. For those of you who were at Paxton Farm on August 2nd and 3rd, I hope you had a safe trip home and for those of you who were not there, I'd like to explain a little about my "job" as the Technical Delegate of this Testing.

I am the current Chairperson of the American Hanoverian Society Mare and Stallion Committee, licensed to inspect mares and stallions. I have stood stallions for over 25 years, breeding both by live cover for Thoroughbreds and by transported semen for warmbloods. I feel that I am well qualified to be a voice on behalf of the stallion owners and to stick up for those concerns that I would have if one of the stallions in the testing were mine. I can assure you that I will always put myself in your place when questions come up or decisions have to be made. I have also been a USEF licensed Dressage and Eventing Judge and Technical Delegate for some 30 years and have always considered myself as a fair and impartial judge, an excellent upholder of the rules and a fair arbitrator. I was asked by Doug Leatherdale and Ekhhard Brysch if I could make myself available.

I am doing this "job" and I am taking time out of my farm schedule for the benefit of the horses participating in the testing. I am not the employee of the Testing, Paxton farm, the AHS or the Oldenburg N/A. I am not getting paid, only reimbursed for food, lodging and travel. I want to see that the testing is conducted on a level playing field and that each horse gets to train and exhibit his strengths to the best of his ability out of the best of the ability of the training staff. I hope I can be of some assistance and that I don't disappoint you. I will be available by e-mail for you to voice your concerns or to ask questions anonymously. Unless you request that the e-mail not be forwarded to all, I will send everyone your questions/concerns and my reply.

While at Paxton Farm, I met with Helmut Schrant, the Testing's Training Leader, Dr. Christian Schacht, the Oldenburg N/A representative, Hugh Bellis-Jones, the Executive Director of the AHS, Dr. Scott Strosneider, the Testing's veterinarian and Helmut's staff of riders. We tried to anticipate questions and circumstances that might arise, and in that vein, have set some policies.

We first addressed the policy of visiting. Visitors' day is Friday, and is open to the owners and the public alike to watch the stallions in training. Helmut will allow other, occasional visits when owners are unable to come on a Friday, but he wanted it to be known that calling beforehand would allow him to schedule your horse to be ridden while you are there. Otherwise, it is possible that your stallion would already have been ridden, and Helmut is adamant that he will not bring the horse out again. Secondly, we agreed that supplements that are required by your stallion must be accompanied by a letter of need from your local veterinarian and these supplements can only arrive packaged by Smart Pak. In the past, the feed room looked like a supplement warehouse with baggies, twist ties, big and small buckets and scoops of every size and shape imaginable. Adequan and Legend will be available to all stallions through Dr. Strosneider. Please contact him directly to see that this is done on whatever schedule is needed. No medications of any kind will be allowed to be given by the owner. Moreover, in an effort to uphold the level playing field concept, drug testing will be conducted randomly during the 100 days.

We also discussed what to do about owners that want to take on some sort of hands on approach, big or small, with their stallion during the testing. We discussed this at great length, and agreed that these stallions were first and foremost in a testing situation to determine how they can deal with trials and tribulations and how adaptable they are. The concern is that all stallions should get the same handling and 'perks'. We felt that it wouldn't be fair to have some get hand grazed, or massaged or receive any extra care, if not all could have those same opportunities. It is that level playing field idea again. So, we will adopt a policy that owners will not be allowed to handle their stallions, ride them, longe them, graze them or groom them for the 100 days of testing. I hope you can all see that this policy is about fairness.

I will be going to Paxton Farm two more times before the final testing. I will be there Tuesday and Wednesday September 4 and 5 and Friday and Saturday October 1 and 2. If you send me an individual e-mail after these times, I'd be glad to pass along what I had observed.

All the best.

Sincerely,
    Suzanne Quarles