The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Aww I wish I could take her! She is such a fun pony..but I am stuck down here at school. Maybe she and Maxwell could share a stall and become best friends
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86

Hey! Interesting idea though, TTM - would the school consider a free lease for a year or two? I know they don't like ponies so much, but she is a large pony. Hmmm, I'll email you.

I wish we were closer..I'd make room for her for our pony clubbers. Have you tried local pony clubbers in your area?

Cool Oh no my barn is empty!

I just returned my freebie Halflinger. Her owner decided the give up on her arab dream horse and go back to driving. Obviously don't need another horse since Viggo is still pushing to be the first Equine on Prozac (But I got my ESDCTA bronze medal - cool huh?) . Anyway if you get stuck I could be foster home or something. Is she still in Doylestown? I was down that way and was thinking about her the other day.

It is impossible for me to keep the barn empty for long. But horses are a money pit, I was thinking about trying alpacas. The bonus is I know nothing about them.

Where are you in china? Just in case I want to drop in. Really though is it city or rural?

So I mentioned it to my coach but the problem is that we don't have our own barn or horses, so we would have to pay for the board out of our funding and we just don't have that much money. If you think you might want to go that route though, you could contact Delaware Valley College and see if they could use her for a year or two. I don't know if they would be interested but it's worth a shot. They have some very nice riders and I have a few friends who go there who could make sure she was well taken care of. Plus my boyfriend goes there so I visit every once and a while. Probably not as good of a situation as finding her one person, but she will be in a constant program with some nice riders.
    Just a thought
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86

I second the pony club idea.... when I was trying to free lease my guy I e-mailed a few local pony club members who were kind enough to pass my info, horse's info, and some pics along to all the regional members.

I had a TON of responses! And geez a lot of those PC kids are awesome little riders, many don't mind a bit of a project either. Now's the time too, they'd have all winter to get her back in shape.

Good luck and glad you are enjoying china...
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

I'm tellin' you - you need to send her to California. Niece has been high-point Junior several dressage shows running...including the rated ones. Or she'd be driving her about if Miss Pony has any aptitude for it. Or taking her to Pony Club. Who knows with that kid.

Enjoy China. I know you'll find a spot for her in your neck of the woods!
    Don't tell me about what you can't do. That's boring. Show me what you can do. - Mom

Just to butt in for a moment. I think the $700 dollar pony would not like being at Delaware Valley College. While I liked the equine program the poor pony would not get much turnout. None of the horses get much time out.

Just thinking about how to keep the $700 dollar pony happy!

Default She looks lovely.

I would find it too upsetting to give her back after 1 or 2 years.
    \"I have lived my life-it is nearly done-.I have played the game all round;But I freely admit that the best of my fun I owe it to Horse and Hound\".

Quote Originally Posted by LD1129 View Post
    Just thinking about how to keep the $700 dollar pony happy!
    You're right - and she's really too small for their program. I was out there a couple of times this summer watching a few lessons and I have a hard time imagining my pony really fitting into that program.

I think she should come stay with the $700 horse . Really, I got chestnut mare at the same time you got the pony and we payed the same amount for them. I've always felt they are kindred spirits (especially after reading the book!)

Sadly the $700 mare keeps me pretty busy but if all else fails I'd be happy to mess around with her a bit on weekends . I'm 5'5 105lbs so I'd probably fit her fine.
    Proud Member of the 'Irrelevent Posters Clique'
    The sun on your withers, the wind in your mane....

would the 700 dollar pony be happy in KY?
    Kelly
    It is rare to see a rider who is truly passionate about the horse and his training, taking a profound interest in dressage with self-abnegation, and making this extraordinarily subtle work one of the dominant motivations of his life.\"

Quote Originally Posted by tempichange View Post
    would the 700 dollar pony be happy in KY?
    I dunno about you K, but I believe the $700 Pony would love to live out with your May and my bunch I mean, what Pony wouldn't love 20 acres of the best of the bluegrass???
    ~ Shannon Hayden ~

I really think the Pony would prefer California.
    Don't tell me about what you can't do. That's boring. Show me what you can do. - Mom

Has the $700 pony found a home for a bit? I've got a $700 pony myself who's starting the green pony hunters in December. I love him more every time I ride him. I have a little girl who's been learning to train, and her dad built her a barn, so I feasibly have stalls... I'm in east PA, just north of Doylestown.

Emryss, the $700 Pony would LOVE to come to Cali. She's blond for heavens sake! But a bit far for me to haul. The gas would cost more than she is worth by a long, long shot. Not to mention that if your niece tried to stick her in the back of a mini-van, well, .

I've PMed everyone else interested. KY is a little far, but if it's the right situation, I'd haul her down. Just east of Doylestown? PERFECT!! But, she ain't no type-y pony hunter type. Like I said, I PMed, so we can discuss her pluses and minuses in great depth.

She has NOT found a place to go yet - but just a reminder - she has a home for life with me and will just live (happily) out in a field if I can't find a rider who wants her.

Now, my niece would never stick her in the back of a minivan. That is reserved for, well, Minis. We do have access to a trailer, after all. Said niece is not suffering for lack of horses to bring along anyway - she has her projects in driving and her little warmblood/TB that she's bringing up the levels. She does like ponies very much, though, and wouldn't turn down your nice little gal anyway.

All in good fun. Seems there are some very nice horses/ponies in the East/Midwest/South/NOT California and I feel a tad left out.

Best of luck to finding a good spot for Miss Mare. If I were a gajillionaire I'd help somehow. Otherwise, I'll just tease gently now and again.

Love your China website, BTW. It kind of makes me think I'd do exactly the same types of things, myself.

Default Yes, the $700 pony needs to come to KY.

Because my twin sister, who is 5'2" and weighs 115lbs is horseless. Worse yet, she is ponyless, and worse still, penniless. Now, we at Stonebroke Farm, have a lovely facility, with lush pastures, huge stalls, room to ride out on 40+ acres and a indoor. And, it so happens that my sister is a good little rider, has lots of free time, and best of all, Ralph Hill's niece, Michelle, is my trainer and comes up here and gives me lessons. Ok, not really lessons, since we're the same age and I ride really well, more like she yells while I jump around. But I digress. My corgi owning, recently divorced twin sister, who only lives 10 minutes away, loves my horse, aka, "the big horse", but won't ride him as he's almost 18hands and well, big. She wants a pony. I have promised to buy her a pony IF I hit the powerball, but have been forbidden by Mr. Stonebroke to ever BUY another pony as the two I bought for school horses did not ever exactly pay for themselves. One is in Ohio doing PC with a bunch of kids, the other would rather pull than carry (Haffie) so all he does is get driven occassionally. Mostly, he eats and hangs out with the big horse. Who is out all day, and often nights. But the fat haffie does not need to be out eating that much grass, but if he's in and the big horse is out, it gets a bit noisy and if he hollers enough, the big horse simply jumps out. So.....if the fat Haffie had a little $700 buddy, then well, I'd have to get another HORSE to hang out with the big horse. So, you can see this would work out really, really well, (especially for ME) and when you return, your baby will have been well loved, well ridden and well cared for. And, since my husband is indulgent, we can even come and pick the $700 pony up in the big horse's trailer. (and see if sis and $700 get along well. ) Let me know if this interests you.

Holy crap! jump on this one RR. You guys are are some kind of soul sisters. I ran out of breath just reading that post. Haffie and pony together with big horse, I would need pictures. All that blonde in the barn sounds deadly tho. What color is big horse? I really have to form this image in my mind.

Just saw the thread, and while I go to DVC I wouldn't advocate sending your pony there. We have many wonderful schoolies, but even if I was in the position of having a horse of my own, leasing him to the school would be the last thing I consider.

Oh wait, I was supposed to say our program is absolutely wonderful and doesn't have any issues with an absent minded barn manager and our horses most definitely get more than 3 hours of t/o a day.

woops.

hope you find a good home for da pony!
    Worry, doubt, fear and despair are the enemies which slowly bring us down to the ground and turn us to dust before we die.

~ Douglas MacArthur