The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default The big horse

is chestnut.My sister and I are redheads, each with a sable corgi. Mr Stonebroke is blond. And since you can see our farm from I-75, we can put up a nice sign on the freeway side of the fence that says "Home of the $700 Pony". And friends. So you see RR, I'm quite sure that on High Holy Weeks, such as Rolex, the Cother's would make the pilgrimage, on the way to the KHP (since we're only 40 minutes north) to see the Most Revered $700 Pony, and pay homage, bringing incense and myrrh. Ok, Stud Muffins and carrot treats, but you get the idea. Perhaps we could even organize book signings and photo opportunities for HRH the $700. Yes, I see this being a Very Good Thing for all concerned. Just the thing, as when the sad day comes that you return from afar to reclaim your love, well then... the fat Haffie will have to get ANOTHER buddy, as his buddy now will already have a new friend. This could really work, I have twelve stalls, and only two horses. And you know there's just something wrong about having all this SPACE and only two lovely heads looking over the stalls. Of course, due to the magnificence of Stonebroke Farm, and the undivided attention she will no doubt receive, she may return to you a bit spoiled. Oh, and not only do we have lots and lots of really lovely grass, WE HAVE HAY!!!

Default Small tiny insubstantial world...

I was on a pay-to-ride trail ride out in PA today and the lovely trail guide was a fellow COTH'r. And I mentioned the $700 pony to her, and she might be interested or know someone... So hopefully RR you will here from her! And I can say she has a strong seat and the farm looked safe and clean! All the horses were in good weight and appropriate jobs etc.
    Do not take anything to heart. Do not hanker after signs of progress. Founder of the Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Hippotamus View Post
    Holy crap! jump on this one RR. You guys are are some kind of soul sisters. I ran out of breath just reading that post. Haffie and pony together with big horse, I would need pictures. All that blonde in the barn sounds deadly tho. What color is big horse? I really have to form this image in my mind.
    Yes. And if I drive the $700 Pony down to KY, what are the odds my trailer ramp will fall off when we arrive?

Edited to clarify: Just about last time I saw FH, my trailer ramp fell off and she had to help dig me out of that little hole.
    Last edited by Reynard Ridge; Nov. 6, 2007 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard Ridge View Post
    Yes. And if I drive the $700 Pony down to KY, what are the odds my trailer ramp will fall off when we arrive?
    Just means your trailer wants to stay, too

So, alas, the $700 Pony is not going to KY. At least not yet. So, we're still looking. Beth, I PMed you looking for a little more info. A PA locale would be nice, particularly given that if it doesn't work out and I am 10k miles away, I have local friends I can send to pick her up.