The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default GA GET TOGETHER July 28th - Christmas in July!!! LOTS OF STUFF TO SWAP - see last pos

Maybe I'm stealing Chocomare's thunder...but we're hoping to arrange a get together the last weekend in July (Saturday the 28th?). I'll be staying with Lori at Sunkissed Acres, where I understand I will be introduced to the joys of brush hogging - after all, I can't hurt anyone with the tractor if there's nothing but dirt and weeds in the way, right? I think.

All I ask is that there be some visit to a tack store so I can bring back something for Ted, the underprivledged.

We're thinking of a dish to pass - I know that unless things change drastically, there can be no barbecueing. Chocomare mentione dsomething about reserving a park area?

So - who's up for a BIG party?
    Last edited by DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"; Jul. 27, 2007 at 09:24 PM.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Sounds like fun. There are lots of good tack stores in the N atlanta area.

Default Can I invite myself?

I'm somewhat new and haven't met everyone. I really don't ride anymore, but my daughter does. If it's a closed group, I'll understand.

Im up for it if its not in Alpharetta/Roswell on a weeknight...

We need to have something a little more central to everyone. One year it was way south, and the next it was on a weeknight in the early evening.

Heck, thats the same day as my 10 year High School reunion...so this would give me a GOOD reason not to go!
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

Dark Secret: No, no closed group here. If you live in Jawja, you're in! Welcome to COTH!

Trying to find someplace "in the middle" is not very easy but I will do my best. I'm considering a park up in the Kennesaw/Acworth area. I just need to find one that has picnic pavillions you can reserve. Then it'd be a "You Want to Eat/Drink It, You Bring It" deal with everyone invited plus their extended family, if desired.

Gimme about a week to poke around and see what I can dig up.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Hate to do this to y'all, but it's just too far for me (and I'll probably have to work anyway).

But if anyone happens to drive thru Athens on their way to or from & wants to stop in for a visit, let me know!
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

I'll be there! Just give me a concrete day so I can get it off work. And let me know if I need to bring food...I can't really cook, but I make a DAMN good chocolate pie!

Would you like to have it at my farm?

I would be happy to have an eating and drinking gathering at Belhaven.

I DO have a gas grill-would that work for cooking out?

It isn't a park but I have 2 minis and a blue heron-surely that counts as wildlife!

I vote LMH's place. I heard it's lovely and I want to come over and nose around- plus, it is no more than 10 minutes from my house.

Ahem. Presumeably, living in Jawja isn't an absolute requirement? Actually, it sounds like you'll be settling a bit far for me, but you never know how inspired I might get ...
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Hey, I'm from Missouri, transplanted from Lawn Guyland by way of Boston...so being a Jawja resident is NOT a requirement.

And Lori's Canadian. What the heck she's doing in Jawja is anyone's guess.
    www.specialhorses.org

I am a Jawja transplant via: Illinois, New Jersey, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania & Florida. How did I end up here? Who knows? Anything is possible.

And WA - we will do what we can to include you. We'll figure something out.

Heck - free food, right? The first thing I teach all my students: Go Where There Is Free Food (and BRING SOME BACK TO THE HEAD OF THE LAB).
    www.specialhorses.org

Hey - y'all can always stop by my place for a BBQ and pool party - plus, my new house is supposed to be finished in 3 weeks!!!

Bummer, I've got a mare to take to the RPSI Inspection on that day. It's in Rome, but if the times work out maybe I can stop by for a bit on my way home.

Well there is Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield in Kennesaw, and just north of that is Red Top Mountain. I believe both are State Parks, and they both have picnic areas available. If it's a weekend...we're game There is also horseback riding ( I think ) available at Kennesaw Mtn. (bring your own). We live about 10 min from there.

LMH's place is a dream!! If my place wasnt in the crappy state it is in, since I got NOTHING done last summer with the back injury, we could do it here...maybe next year.

I'm pretty handy at a grille and could probably manage burgers and dogs for a decent size crowd.
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

I really would love to host a gathering

Heck bring your horses if you want!

If people are interested in tack shopping we could always meet first, do the tack shop tour and then gather back at the farm for food and adult beverages!

Well LMH if you truly are ok with it, my vote would be for your place. It's central enough for all the north Georgia, S. Tennessee & even Eastern N. Carolina (Monstrpony ) folks to come over to.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Are boys invited? Freebird has already met the pony-disliking fiance' I've been successful in making him a horse-addict as well.