Type: Posts; User: Essie
I talked to my small animal vet this am (he is also an equine vet).
He said that the tests that need to be run will take around 5 days. Based on that, I should have something next week.
Well, I called CSU instead of waiting until tomorrow. I got a very nice person on the phone. I expressed my frustration at having to wait for so long. It turns out the original doctor is out of...
Well, nothing today. If I don't here anything tomorrow, I will call CSU again on Wednesday.
Thank you, I have wonderful memories of Stella. They make me teary. I'm sure they will make me smile in time.
We are still waiting on CSU. I called this afternoon and I was told that they are releasing the necropsy information early next week. Markel must of called them, because CSU was aware of the...
Well, I called CSU and still nothing. My vet has also called them at least twice.
Okay Markel, it's now in your court.........
I had the person account finished, saved and my computer sent it to cyberspace. :( I had to redo it. I did, but not after a good cry.
I'm hanging in there. I have been working on the insurance paperwork. :(
Nothing, I'm going to call CSU on Monday and ask when the histopathology will be finished.
I am hanging in there. I am taking one day at a time. Each day is a little better than the one before it.
As far as other cases. I have heard rumors of another in north El Paso County. ...
Nothing that I'm aware of. I'm keeping in touch with barn and it sounds like the clean up is going very well.
EHV1 is negative
No, it's different. There is a corona for dogs, cats, pigs, cattle, humans and horses (foal and now adult).
Thank you Ghazzu. Stella was a stunning mover. The more we worked under saddle the more talent and try she showed us.
I removed the link. I will put it back later. It was too soon for me.
Yes, do talk to your farrier. I believe both barns up in your area are now okay.
Put a couple of gallons of Chlorox with a pan of some type in your trailer. That way you can decontaminate as...
not ready; maybe later
Thank you AKB. I keep telling myself that it will get better.
Thank you keysfins. I could use every single positive that people send. This is a hard loss.
Where are your horses boarded in Elizabeth? I know a couple of facilities in that area.
No worries, I was going to start a thread, but could not quite manage it.
Thank you, IPEsq.
In light of the Coronavirus thread, I thought I would update this one.
It's all good. Leia comes off antibiotics this evening. The swelling is almost gone. Leia had her first run yesterday...
I thought I would give more info on Stella.
She was a 5 year old OLD/GOV mare in dressage training and doing very well. She was at home until December. At that time I moved her to a boarding...
Thank you, Larbear. Mine is in shreds.......
There were possibly 2. Both were untested. The first had clear symptoms, but they were mild and the horse was okay in a couple of days. The second was not as clear, but the thinking was ECoV. ...
Please excuse any poor writing. I'm having a hard time absorbing this. Stella was an awesome mare. :cry: If there are any questions I will be more than happy to give more information.