How do you decide to sell a 2yr old or keep til under saddle?
I am on the fence about one of my horses. Back story, horse is one I bred, did not sell as a weanling, backed off marketing him as a yearling(he had quite the yak impression going on!), so now he's a 2yr old and really starting to look like the great horse I expected him to be. I usually will wait til they shed out and then get some nice pics/video, and start marketing. However, I am kind of on the fence with this guy. On one hand I'd like to sell now so I could get working on some projects around my farm, like new fencing that sort of stuff. On the other hand, if I wait until he's going u/s I should be able to get more for him, and do more projects. I have gone through the whole, what if he gets hurt, wow he would be fun to ride, getting him off the feed bill would be nice, man I would love to see him as an adult he's going to be awesome, and so on and so on. Back and forth, back and forth. So, what are the deciding factors for you to sell now or wait? I have never been this indecisive before when selling a youngster.