Make it your idea her idea
Hey Dr. D! I look forward to the update. My suggestion is only slightly varied: make it her idea. She needs to feel in control. Her dogs, her money, her time, and well it's Nova.
Has she kept a dog in this yard successfully?
In these convos, their pups are "Fifi" stranger pups are "Fido".
- "I want this to be safe and successful for your whole family. I'm a mom and a dog owner and I'm worried about your kids & their pups. Do you have worries? I worry a little one will run after Fifi into the road or reach a hand into a dog fight to save Fifi."
- Use a different dog outside the fence that will breach it...say when her kids are outside making lots of exciting squeals and fast movements playing with their new puppies.
- "We have two safe, humane, reasonable options: long lines or fencing. Which option do you like?"
- Ask "how will you contain the dogs when the doorbell rings as your neighbor walks Fido by?"
- "You have a great yard; these pups are lucky! Would you like them to use the yard without you standing outside holding muddy long lines and bear mace?" ...for out of control dogs that breach fence
Something to give her control and options.