Goals for next year.....exciting!
1) sell one of my two horses....
2) tell my husband after one sells, that I had owned two horses....but sold one, and made us a tidy profit! (or didn't lose any money...depending on which horse sells)
3) If horse A sells, work on horse B dressage, sj and XC with lessons and do some schooling shows for dressage, sj and a few schooling ht.....
If horse B sells, move up to Novice on horse A, show a few rated shows, try to qualify for area championships
4) No matter what, continue to trail ride, take dressage lessons and have my dressage trainer ride my horse once a week as she is so amazing!
5) Try to deeply enjoy the journey of learning, make new horsey friends, and be a good friend to my old horsey friends
6) Go to Rolex.....buy something fabulous! oh, and watch the awesome rides!
7) Sell my narrow saddle or wide one, depending on which horse sells
8) continue to work on my own fitness by going to the gym, doing breathing exercises, and yoga,
9) go to acupuncture and chiropractor, get massage for horse
10) not buy another horse!:lol:
I bookmarked it for later reading. Thanks for sharing.
(And PS, I've never changed my signature line, thanks for that too!)
1. Have healthy filly foal, except I forget the due date, maybe April?
2. Successful Prelim move-ups for mares.
3. Get Mick out to his first HTs, maybe YEH if he's ready.
4. Continue to have fun with personal riding pony. Continue to attempt to make him more svelte-looking. (The latter is not a realistic goal, I know.)
5. Keep senior horses healthy. Every year they're still with me is a good year.
Submit my Level 1 audition
Find a good barn back home (moving in May)
Find an instructor
Put 30 days on Rigsby, under saddle (well, under bareback pad).
Submit my Level 2 audition
Put Rigsby back out to pasture, to grow for another year.
I chuckle every time I read your sig and marvel that you have not changed it.
Originally Posted by Blugal
This. My old man will be 18 or 19 next year, and we're thrilled every day he's happy to do his job.
Originally Posted by JER
Loved Gry's goal-setting list. The suggestion about making goals positive and ensuring that goals fit my "real world" are right-on (says one who regularly worships at the alter of "don't chip, don't chip, don't chip").
Sorry to offend :)
Originally Posted by Gry2Yng
So my goal is still the CCI2* at Fair Hill. I am planning to go to Fair Hill in April to do the CIC1* and then look at Virginia for the CIC2* and then for a a CIC2* later in the year... maybe Richlands or Plantation?
I am not planning anything... his highness has very acute hearing and if he hears the word, "plans," he makes haste to find some issue to foil such plans! :sadsmile:
This morning, I begin a new job working 9-5 and it is pitch black out there. I will be home by 5:30 and will ride in the dark. Southern Pines is nine weeks away, and Mick has a lovely layer of subcutaneous fat underneath his abundant fur. I have a similar issue, minus the fur of course.
Originally Posted by Divine Comedy