**PSA - Carbon Monoxide Detectors **
Do you have them? Have you replaced the batteries recently? Today I got home from doing some errands and BOTH my detectors (the one in the basement and the one upstairs) were going off full-blast. I opened all the doors and windows and called 911, which promptly sent over the fire department. There were elevated levels throughout the house and basement. Fire department got the furnace guy out, who checked everything very thoroughly. He couldn't find anything but told us to call a chimney sweep this week. I suspect the carpet-cleaning truck which had been running in my driveway for an hour before I went out - I think the exhaust got sucked into the basement somehow.
CHECK YOUR CO DETECTORS. THEY WORK. If you have tractors, snowblowers, or other machinery operating in/near your closed barn, MAKE SURE they are working.
*And* - the firefighter said I need to replace them immediately, because once they are activated by actual CO, their sensitivity isn't as accurate anymore.