Ug... one of those late nights yes vet, no vet?
We came home about 8PM tonight to find one of our cats (Twilight) limping on one hind leg. If she were a horse I'd say she wacked her stifle a good one. Weight bearing, stable, no obvious injuries, not sensitive to pressure, no heat, no swelling. Wanted her dinner, wanted to drink from the shower, wanted to go outside, wacked at some bugs, wanted treats. Obviously lame, but no "this is an *emergency* red flags. Resting comfortably in her cat bed as I type.
Clearly, she needs to go to the vet to get checked out. But go NOW or go in 8 hours when she can have her usual vet? I wish she could talk!
So... out of curiosity, how does everyone else decide between waiting until sunrise vs going to the ER?