How long do you wait to call the vet???
I get home from work today only to find that two of my three horses had busted through my fence (electric rope.) My mother rounded them up and put them in another pen but now my mare is limping.
There is a very small lacerations and small lump on the very top of her leg close to her shoulder which I probably would not have noticed had she not been limping prompting a thorough once over. When I brought them up to the barn this afternoon she cantered with the rest of the horses and I didn't notice anything unusual. When I went to feed several hours later I noticed she was walking gingerly in the stall. Took her out and walked her around. She was not wanting to lift the leg and appeared to drag it as she walked.
She does not appear to be sore to the touch. I gave her asprin the evening and did not lock her in her stall but separated her from the others. I thought it would be better for her to move around if it is muscle soreness. Just checked on her and the asprin seemed to help a little but she is still limping. I will give her bute in the morning to and see how she does.
Vet is already coming thursday to float her teeth if she does not worsen would you wait or go ahead and call the vet????