When Do You Decide to Show at Recognized Shows
I'm sitting on the fence trying to decide if I want to send in my entry for the March USDF show held just down the road. The venue is very enticing as there is no hotel or travel involved. My mare is young, green, and certainly isn't finished enough to truly show off any particular level. Exposure to the show environment would be my primary objective. One of my chief issues with her is that she shuts down in the show ring and I loose all sense of forward. She's not very responsive to my request to move out until halfway through the test. It has gotten somewhat better from the first show so I'm assuming that this is her way of handling baby nerves. Thought it would be interesting and encouraging to hear when others decided to make the leap from schooling shows to recognized shows.