Schooling Show Turnout Questions
Ok, I know there have been a good number of posts on this topic, but in searching the archive I didn't really see answers to my specific question, so I hope you don't mind yet another post on this topic!
And I WILL talk to my trainer about all of this, but I sorta want to be prepared in advance..not to mention SmartPak is having an in-store 10% off sale this weekend so finding out soon if I need anything specific would be nice ;)
Anyway - it seems very likely that I'll be doing my first dressage schooling show late this fall. I'll likely be doing Into A and B on "my" schoolhorse. Yay! I'm really excited - I eventually want to event, so this is my baby step into that :) The entry form/info for the show we're looking at hasn't been posted yet, but looking at an old one I dug up, there doesn't seem to be anything stated about attire for horse or rider.
Most of my experience is in hunter/eq, so bear w/ me if any of these are really dumb questions!
1) Can I wear my dark blue w/ a very subtle plaid show jacket? It'll be late fall in New England, so the polo shirts I see mentioned in other thread probably wouldn't work. Or should I go w/ a sweater?
2) Do I need a stock tie? Or is a choker ok, especially if I'm not wearing a black coat?
3) Beige/light tan breeches - are they ok?
4) I assume I need a white square pad?
5) Is a "normal" brown snaffle bridle ok?
6) Are bell boots allowed?
7) and most importantly - can I wear the Show Bow I've had since I was 10, or are they as mocked in dressage-land as they are now in h/j-land? ;) Heheh!
Again, sorry if these are really dumb questions, or if there was someplace else I should have looked for the answers!