Need Advice-Lyme Titer Results Came In
When Stanley got his fall vacinations at the end of October, the vet drew a Lyme titer and when the results came in from the lab, it was found that Stanley had the highest titer a horse can get. I can't remember the number but it was really really high.
Stanley was given 50 Doxycycline pills AM and PM for 30 days. The vet wanted to draw another Lyme titer when he was done with the Doxy.
The vet waited a month and a couple of weeks ago weeks ago he drew another Lyme titer and I called the vet's office today and I got the results. His Lyme titer dropped by half but is still high.
The person whom I spoke to on the phone said in the spring I can have the vet give Stanley a canine Lyme vaccine and this may help him. Has anyone heard about this?
Also I am not sure what to do next. I left a message for the vet to call me but he hasn't yet called.
Any advice, thoughts or opinions? Should Stanley be given more Doxy or should I wait until the spring?