My family cat, 10yrs old, has developed this hitch in her getalong that has gradually gotten worse (over maybe month and a half). Today I finally took her to the vet because I could tell she needed intervention. Same vet practice I've been using for my small animals for 20 years. Vet considered Lyme- bloodwork came back fine. Halfway through exam she begins palpating her spine and we got a HUGE response to the 3rd vertabrae thoracic region. I mean screaming, scratching kitty. Obviously, thats whats causing her pain in the hind end and also inability to "clean" herself properly (which we weren't sure was from pain or from the weight gain from the pain). Vet agreed to run more bloodwork, gave me Cosequin, an antibiotic, and an anti-inflammatory and sent me on my way. I asked "what about xrays?" (I don't think she knows I am a horseperson, so I am WELL AWARE of spinal/joint injuries LOL). Vet assured me its most likely soft tissue/muscle damage around the spine, most likely not the spine itself. She assured me that if the meds don't work, we could seek other options including xrays. She is right that its probably a lot harder to do on a cat than a horse!! Now, I've used these vets happily and confidently for many years. But, today I walked out of there not feeling like this is right. What if there really is compression of the spine? Or a chip? What would you do in this situation? Go back to the vet and demand more? Wait it out? Or seek another vet's opinion? Obviously I'm not looking to throw money out the door, but if she's in serious pain I want to help her!