PDA

View Full Version : Rolex on NBCSports Online

Pages : [1] 2

SparklePlenty
Apr. 24, 2007, 10:25 AM
:winkgrin: I got an email about purchasing a package through NBCsports.com that will allow me to watch all of the rolex adventures thursday-sunday i think it was like 8bucks. Is anyone going to do this? or has anyone done this before? Sounded like fun to me.. live broadcasting and everything. I dont think i would leave my computer all weekend!! Especially during Xcountry!! :yes:

deltawave
Apr. 24, 2007, 10:39 AM
There was another thread on this somewhere...I've signed up since I had to scratch my trip to Rolex this year. :sigh: Better vicarious thrills than nothing!

CookiePony
Apr. 24, 2007, 10:41 AM
Yes, here is the other thread:
http://chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=94017

Regal Grace
Apr. 24, 2007, 10:49 AM
I just purchased it even though I am attending Rolex.......
http://www.mediazone.com/channel/nbcsports/equestrian/index.jsp

because my understanding is that you can watch it "On Demand" up to 90 days after your purchase. They download the live feed approximately 24hrs after the initial live broadcast (pending any technical dificulties) Since you cannot see everything on XC day when you are at the event, I figured it would be fun to watch the rider/horses I missed at the different fence combinations.

For $7.99 it's worth giving it a shot especially if you cannot attend Rolex or want to watch the event at a later time.

pegasusmom
Apr. 24, 2007, 02:41 PM
Done it - have no desire to brave the rain or the crowds - for $8 I am willing to take a chance and see what we get!

gillenwaterfarm
Apr. 24, 2007, 03:28 PM
I'm also getting the streaming video package. I told Hubby it was either this or an airplane ride :)

War Admiral
Apr. 24, 2007, 03:39 PM
OK... My usual question about these online streaming things... Is it $7.99 and you can log in from any computer you want, or is it $7.99 per computer?

gillenwaterfarm
Apr. 24, 2007, 03:43 PM
War Admiral,
It requires a username and password so it should be available from anywhere you can log on.

Glimmerglass
Apr. 24, 2007, 03:46 PM
For the Q&A try their "Frequently Asked Questions" (http://www.mediazone.com/channel/nbcsports/equestrian/faq.jsp#1) which is actually well done.

Someone in Canada in the prior thread asked if they could get it - based upon the updated FAQ it does appear that anyone, anywhere should be able to see it

Q: Is this available all over the world? What countries can I watch from? A:This event is available worldwide.

NoGreatMischief
Apr. 24, 2007, 04:06 PM
Someone in Canada in the prior thread asked if they could get it - based upon the updated FAQ it does appear that anyone, anywhere should be able to see it

That "someone" was me :winkgrin: and I just re-tried the sign up for the service and it worked! Yahoooooo! :D

redlight
Apr. 25, 2007, 09:44 AM
Wow this is awesome!!! This will be much better to watch than NBC's one hour show. For me it's not as much fun to just watch the snippets of the cross country rides. With the 90 day on demand feature I may never leave my computer!

Ja Da Dee
Apr. 25, 2007, 10:15 AM
I'm signed up.

Thank you NBC!

JenJ
Apr. 26, 2007, 09:13 AM
I dont understand.
There is an icon for "Watch Live" for each segment with dressage starting at 9:30 a.m., but above there is a countdown clock showing some 12 hours until next online broadcast starts.
Is it live or not?

Dutch Girl
Apr. 26, 2007, 09:16 AM
I just signed up only to find out live is actually 12 hours away according to NBC...huhhhhhh?

Bensmom
Apr. 26, 2007, 09:37 AM
Is anyone getting anything on the live feed? The "watch now" button is active, but once I click it, my windows media player can't play it. Grrrr. I was so hoping to see Karen and Teddy's test!

SparklePlenty
Apr. 26, 2007, 09:37 AM
I'm watching it now.. Teddy did well for his first 4star.. :)

hookedoneventing
Apr. 26, 2007, 09:39 AM
is anyone getting sound? I am getting the feed but no sound, just wondered if there was suppose to be sound too

gillenwaterfarm
Apr. 26, 2007, 09:40 AM
This was my first time seeing Teddy. He is awesome!

SparklePlenty
Apr. 26, 2007, 09:43 AM
Its pouring there!! Oh goodness!!

Erin
Apr. 26, 2007, 09:48 AM
Crap, I got all excited and bought a pass, and then realized it doesn't support Macs. :rolleyes:

Time to drag the ancient PC laptop out of the closet.

flyingchange
Apr. 26, 2007, 09:53 AM
Who is the guy that is commentating?

Lori B
Apr. 26, 2007, 09:56 AM
Is anyone else having a total meltdown trying to get this to work? I'm a web programmer, and I keep getting Windows Media Player errors. If this doesn't start working soon, I'm going to demand a refund. Grrrrr.

FrittSkritt
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:01 AM
My media player downloaded a license thingie... what version do you have?

Fallbrook
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:02 AM
Is anyone else having a total meltdown trying to get this to work? I'm a web programmer, and I keep getting Windows Media Player errors. If this doesn't start working soon, I'm going to demand a refund. Grrrrr.

I had to upgrade my version and there was a plug-in needed. It took me 2 minutes to do it - but I didn't pay attention to the plug in - sorry :(

I'm a mac user but I have Parallels virtual machine installed, so I can run all windows software. I do think the streaming video company should have offered a quicktime version for Mac users.

I'm watching it at work - I've got a big screen so I can keep the window open in the corner :-) I love it!:D :) :)

TBpalsx3
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:02 AM
I received a message to update my media player and just clicked ok and once it was updated it worked fine. If you can do an update which I do not know how to do without the message pop you should be fine. I also got a message that said to allow the pop ups or click on the show images etc for this site. Hope you get it to work as it is assume.

FrittSkritt
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:03 AM
Also, anyone getting a lot of feedback noise in the background? I can hear the commentary but there's a distinct humming sound that's driving me a little nuts. :mad:

TBpalsx3
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:05 AM
Oh I also got the license thingy message and clicked ok on that. I think somehow you just need to update your version of media player

BigRuss1996
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:06 AM
I am getting sound and no picture!!! aghhh!!!!

Lori B
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:08 AM
I have installed WMP 11.0, and now something else is installing. I want to harm someone. How was Teddy's test? I wish he hadn't been first. Grrrrrrrr.

JenJ
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:09 AM
Mine works on the live watch
I need to do ctrl and click to activate the live watch bc my pop ups are blocked - not sure why or how.
sound has major buzzing / interference but is understandable. Picture is great.

Ja Da Dee
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:12 AM
Also, anyone getting a lot of feedback noise in the background? I can hear the commentary but there's a distinct humming sound that's driving me a little nuts. :mad:

Mine is working, but I clicked yes.

I'm getting a little hum too, but it's not too annoying.

Lori B
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:20 AM
Yep, I hear the hum. And I am finally viewing the feed. Geez, only took an hour to get straightened out.

SparklePlenty
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:25 AM
Sharon White gets an A+++ in my book.. she held that horse together very well considering the downpour she just rode in.

Loved Teddy.. gives hope to all the small horse owners of the world!!!

And i would take Phillip Dutton's horse anyday!! Soo cool...

Can you tell i'm having a busy day at work!! LOL :D

gr8fulrider
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:27 AM
1 THEODORE O'CONNOR KAREN O'CONNOR USA 62.96 62.59 62.96 -- 55.7 3 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
2 CONNAUGHT PHILLIP DUTTON USA 68.52 66.30 67.78 -- 48.7 2 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
3 WATERFRONT JAN BYYNY USA 62.22 61.11 62.59 -- 57.0 1 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
7 KILTARTAN MOLLY BULL USA 55.93 52.22 55.56 -- 68.1 4 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Shouldn't the places be 2, 1, 3, 4?

FrittSkritt
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:29 AM
I think those are their rider #s.

Too Old for Pony Club
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:29 AM
1 THEODORE O'CONNOR KAREN O'CONNOR USA 62.96 62.59 62.96 -- 55.7 3 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
2 CONNAUGHT PHILLIP DUTTON USA 68.52 66.30 67.78 -- 48.7 2 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
3 WATERFRONT JAN BYYNY USA 62.22 61.11 62.59 -- 57.0 1 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
7 KILTARTAN MOLLY BULL USA 55.93 52.22 55.56 -- 68.1 4 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Shouldn't the places be 2, 1, 3, 4?

The numbers on the left are the bridle numbers (competitor numbers) for each entry. My bigger issue is that they're listing Jan Byyny as being first right now, when the scores don't match that...

BigRuss1996
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:36 AM
I got it to work..finally!! The picture is not good at all when you enlarge it. I am just glad I got this worked out today....

I am getting sound and no picture!!! aghhh!!!!

gillenwaterfarm
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:38 AM
I hear the hum too. How do we tone it down?
M

Bensmom
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:38 AM
Unlike the other posters, I had to uninstall WMP 11 -- it never would load with the new version.

I rolled back to WMP 9 and it works fine. Weird.

Taylor vinson is the guy and Kerry Milliken is commentating with him.

SparklePlenty
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:39 AM
The hum just started for me... It was fine until a few min ago. Ughh...

His Greyness
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:48 AM
The hum is at the NBC end. They have an open audio line, partial open circuit or bad ground connection in their audio equipment which is picking up mains (60 Hz) hum.

gr8fulrider
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:50 AM
I think those are their rider #s.

Nope, I know that the numbers to the left were the bridle numbers. THe numbers under "place" on the scoreboard were originally wrong, but they've fixed them now.

gillenwaterfarm
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:51 AM
Thanks Grey.

Does it look to anyone else that Melisssa Hunsberger is bridging her reins? Why would you do that? To keep your hands steady?

FrittSkritt
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:58 AM
The hum is annoying, I'd love to e-mail them and see if they could fix it, but I also don't want to seem demanding! ;) I'd hate to look ungrateful since we finally have this wonderful video feed to watch at home. :)

LisaB
Apr. 26, 2007, 11:02 AM
Is it just my connection? I'm getting a lot of pausing and can barely see anything. It just freeze frames.

FrittSkritt
Apr. 26, 2007, 11:04 AM
LisaB - try going to Tools->Options->Performance [tab]. Under "Network Buffering," click the second radio button and enter in "60" in the box so it's "Buffer 60 seconds of content." That should help with the freezing up.

LisaB
Apr. 26, 2007, 11:14 AM
Luv you FrittSkitt!

gr8fulrider
Apr. 26, 2007, 11:15 AM
LisaB - try going to Tools->Options->Performance [tab]. Under "Network Buffering," click the second radio button and enter in "60" in the box so it's "Buffer 60 seconds of content." That should help with the freezing up.

Tools and options on Media Player? I can't find them. AAARRGHH!

kcooper
Apr. 26, 2007, 11:23 AM
Sorry you guys are having issues. I am LOVING THIS!!!!! This is so educational!

justdream2ride
Apr. 26, 2007, 11:30 AM
This is great! I was a little worried about how it would come over but its been perfect!

Not sure it'll help anyone - but I'm using Winamp insead of Media Player.....haven't had any issues.........

circusponydreams
Apr. 26, 2007, 11:44 AM
Crap, I got all excited and bought a pass, and then realized it doesn't support Macs. :rolleyes:.

Damn! I should've read the whole thread before I bought it. I'll have to get sneaky and watch it at work...better than nothing, though!

Glimmerglass
Apr. 26, 2007, 11:57 AM
Hopefully Bob Hughes will come on the BB later (as he has before) to let us know if this was a successful side offering. I'm pretty sure it is his production company Carr-Hughes which is providing the camera work, the on-site feed, editing, graphics, etc. NBC/MediaZone is the party transmitting/converting it into the internet offering.

TBpalsx3
Apr. 26, 2007, 12:05 PM
The access to media Zone and the broadcast is available for 90 days. if you cannot watch it live you can watch it "on demand' after 24 hours..like pay for view. I don't mind the humming sound. My electronic genius husband says the hum is from some type interference like from the satellite feed so not something you can e mail NBC and say fix. I think this whole idea is great and despite not being perfect I am thrilled as I had planned to go to Rolex and had to cancel due to a family function. This is my first absence from Rolex in 9 years. Now I am not getting anything done due to this video which I think is the second best thing to being there.
I hope everyone gets their bugs worked out before the afternoon

LisaB
Apr. 26, 2007, 12:11 PM
On the far upper left, there's a little windows media player icon. Right click and go into tools.

NRB
Apr. 26, 2007, 12:19 PM
Ok so I just bought the pass and nothing is happening. I've logeed on but have the same screen. The top banner just says next online whatever happens in 9 hours. What am I doing wrong?

In other words I bought the pass, but ahve no idea how to use it? I've logged on, refreshed the screen. It keeps thanking me for buying the pass. What the heck?

easyklc
Apr. 26, 2007, 12:27 PM
:confused:
I'm on the west coast, and my option still says "download available soon".
WHAT?! Why in the world did they advertise this as a live feed?! I've gotten myself up out of bed at the crack of dawn today to watch Karen and Theo only to find this. It's now 9:30 and still no feed...

Well, it is still exciting none the less. I'll sip some caffeine, settle down and wait. Next year perhaps I ought to just get myself to Lexington to see a real "live" event.

easyklc
Apr. 26, 2007, 12:31 PM
Ok so I just bought the pass and nothing is happening. I've logeed on but have the same screen. The top banner just says next online whatever happens in 9 hours. What am I doing wrong?

In other words I bought the pass, but ahve no idea how to use it? I've logged on, refreshed the screen. It keeps thanking me for buying the pass. What the heck?

Click back onto the "get it now" option and it will activate your ability to view. Mine is still not available on the west coast, but I imagine it will be soon.

TBpalsx3
Apr. 26, 2007, 12:38 PM
NRB Go back to mediazone.com.... Sign in with your email and your password. Look to the right of the screen and see a box with a list of shows and click on the Rolex one with the event dates.

A larger screen will appear with the Rolex times schedule and click on the one with April 26 dressage and on "Watch Live".. If you then get a grey box that looks like you are signing up again just click continue..

The next live video does not start until 1:30 pm eastern time so the "watch Live" will not work until then ..Of course you start watching in your time zone so for me in central time I can watch live at 12:30 Central time

right now there is nothing to watch live..Good luck. you will like it

Eventer13
Apr. 26, 2007, 12:38 PM
I'm on the east coast and I cant get it up either. I click "watch live" and nothing happens, but when I click on the "get it now" button it says I'm already signed up.

Edited to add: OK I'm wait till 1:30 and see what happens.

easyklc
Apr. 26, 2007, 12:45 PM
If anyone else is having technical issues or questions about the live feed you can get live support by going to the "customer service" option on the top right hand banner. I just had a very helpful gentleman explain to me the various issues I was having.

Essentially they are workling out some glitches. Once the live feed is complete they archive it and need to get it downloaded into the Mediazone index. Then they work on the next live feed. So, in an hour the next session should be available "live." If you miss it you have to wait up to 24 hours to watch it again.

Oh, and be sure to turn off any Pop-up blocking software you have.

TBpalsx3
Apr. 26, 2007, 12:48 PM
Easy did you get up at and sign on to watch at 6:30 am Pacific time? Remember the live video is shown using the Eastern time zone. Karen was riding at 9:30 Am Eastern time. Also the Video is on a break now and resumes at 1:30 pm Eastern time so you will need to watch at 10:30 Am Pacific. When you go to media zone and click on Rolex it shows you the times the live video will be broadcast just don't forget the difference in time zones. Hope this helps as everyone should be able to watch at the exact same moment just different times of day depending on where you live.

polo3day
Apr. 26, 2007, 12:56 PM
For those using Winamp - any suggestions? I get sound but no video. I downloaded the latest version, etc. Any other ideas?

easyklc
Apr. 26, 2007, 01:00 PM
TBpals--yes indeed I did sign on to watch at 0630. :eek: But it wouldn't load up for some reason. So after fiddling with my computer settings for a while I went back to bed. Ahhhhh, sweet slumber. Then I couldn't get the feed due to their "downloading" issues at Mediazone.

I'll be trying again at 1030 PST! :lol:

It is still worth $8 to get the coverage.

TBpalsx3
Apr. 26, 2007, 01:10 PM
Wow Easy frustrating.. I am not computer savvy at all so I hope with the live feed starts again I have no problems. I guess considering the cost of going to Rolex $7.99 is worth it just to watch for even a few hours. I watched all the dressage this am and got absolutely nothing accomplished so now on the break I am working at a fast pace so I can tell my hubby I got work done today. HA! I know how you feel about missing Teddy this AM as I have my time scheduled printed off the Rolex site and I have certain people I do not want to miss. Here's to no more problems with the feed!!!! Good Luck for the afternoon rides. Just for fun some of my friends at Rolex called during the morning rides and they were listening to Sally O'Connors live commentary and me to the video and we compared what they were seeing and hearing to my view. They were so surprised I could see so well and comparing was fun. And I was not sitting in the rain!! And I had close up shots of the riders faces which made them envious!

easyklc
Apr. 26, 2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks TBpals. As long as I don't miss Amy and Le Samurai tomorrow morning and the rest of their rides. I am really hoping they do well. She's my favorite to win. I had the opportunity to meet her recently, and what a fantastic example of work ethic and a true ambassador of the sport of eventing!!!

justdream2ride
Apr. 26, 2007, 01:27 PM
I honestly don't know what version mine is but it comes up and says Winamp Video below the normal audio screen. Not sure if there is a special download for that or not...........

Hope everyone gets their bugs worked out........ :(

cardicorgi
Apr. 26, 2007, 01:38 PM
Is anyone on the west coast getting feed yet? My clock says 10:38, but the video screen only shows the Rolex logo...? I talked to the helpful service guy a few minutes ago, he said this was normal?

LisaB
Apr. 26, 2007, 01:40 PM
okay now I'm not getting anything. You guys having trouble?

SparklePlenty
Apr. 26, 2007, 01:41 PM
I'm on east coast time and i haven't had anything yet, the time is now141pm. i just see the Rolox logo too.. ??? No idea, maybe rain delay?

Ja Da Dee
Apr. 26, 2007, 01:42 PM
All I see is the rolex logo too, and i had feed this morning.

Ja Da Dee
Apr. 26, 2007, 01:43 PM
The schedule on Rolex's website says first rider at 2:00

SparklePlenty
Apr. 26, 2007, 01:46 PM
Hmm... going point. Wonder why they have the "live feed" time posted at 130. oh well... i'll be here anyway waiting! :)

LisaB
Apr. 26, 2007, 01:47 PM
So I don't make the same mistake twice, where did you see they are starting up at 2?

SparklePlenty
Apr. 26, 2007, 01:49 PM
According to the dressage times listed on the offical rolex page the first ride of the afternoon is at 2. Its Kristen Bond on Fleeceworks Blackout.

SparklePlenty
Apr. 26, 2007, 01:51 PM
I see the ring now!!

Ja Da Dee
Apr. 26, 2007, 01:55 PM
I can see the ring, but don't have any sound yet. It sure looks cold today.

SparklePlenty
Apr. 26, 2007, 01:56 PM
Agreeded no sound and looks cold.. :) Though i would love to be there for xcountry.

cardicorgi
Apr. 26, 2007, 01:57 PM
Hey I know that girl! (Kidding, but I bet someone here does)

There are some cold-and-wet looking spectators on my screen, which is now frozen. (?)

leftbarrelsam
Apr. 26, 2007, 01:58 PM
No sound yet!! Anyone else got sound???

justdream2ride
Apr. 26, 2007, 01:59 PM
No........no sound...no movement yet either.........

SparklePlenty
Apr. 26, 2007, 01:59 PM
ughh... no sound for me

FrittSkritt
Apr. 26, 2007, 02:02 PM
yeah, me neither!!! :mad:

SparklePlenty
Apr. 26, 2007, 02:02 PM
i even closed the media player and reopneded it. didnt help at all

gillenwaterfarm
Apr. 26, 2007, 02:04 PM
I'm so sorry for complaining about the hum. Even a hum was better then nothing. NBC, please fix this soon.

gr8fulrider
Apr. 26, 2007, 02:14 PM
:(

FrittSkritt
Apr. 26, 2007, 02:19 PM
I talked with one of the agents at Media Zone and they are currently working to fix it. (I hope. ;)) I mentioned to her how wonderful it was to have the feed! ;)

Ja Da Dee
Apr. 26, 2007, 02:20 PM
NBC is aware of the sound problem and is working on it. I just live chatted with someone at the help desk.

SparklePlenty
Apr. 26, 2007, 02:21 PM
Asked the customer service about the sound.. they said they are having issues, they are aware of it and it should be corrected soon.

SparklePlenty
Apr. 26, 2007, 02:21 PM
LOL

We all contacted them!! :)

Ja Da Dee
Apr. 26, 2007, 02:22 PM
Well, at least they know that not only do we BUY the service we USE the service.

SparklePlenty
Apr. 26, 2007, 02:23 PM
Sound!! and HUMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm

His Greyness
Apr. 26, 2007, 02:24 PM
In some ways I find no sound preferable to the constant babble of commentators. Why is it that most commentators seem to be paid by the word? I can see what is happening. I have a copy of the test. I have watched the test before. I have even video'd them.

It can also take quite a time to track down extraneous interference.

Now the sound is back complete with buzz, which has now gone away.

gillenwaterfarm
Apr. 26, 2007, 02:26 PM
WAHHOO! Sound AND no hum! Thanks!

Ja Da Dee
Apr. 26, 2007, 02:27 PM
Hey His Greyness, you can always use the mute button (-:

I'm trying to work, so enjoy the commentary since I can work between rides.

gr8fulrider
Apr. 26, 2007, 02:31 PM
I had turned my speakers way up and when the sound came on it almost blasted me out of my chair!!!

SparklePlenty
Apr. 26, 2007, 02:50 PM
I loved that King Street ride!!! How much fun for a YR!! :)

Ja Da Dee
Apr. 26, 2007, 02:51 PM
I loved that King Street ride!!! How much fun for a YR!! :)

No kidding! in the pouring rain too!

snoopy
Apr. 26, 2007, 03:17 PM
I get nothing help!!!! No sound nor picture. Have installed the new version of windows as well. My screen is black!!!

NeverTime
Apr. 26, 2007, 03:34 PM
Go MISSY!!!! That was freakin' awesome!!!!! That is the nicest, most relaxed test I've ever seen her horse do, and it was so, so lovely. Good for them:D :D :D :D :D

Bob Hughes
Apr. 26, 2007, 04:18 PM
Hello:

Bob Hughes the Producer for the NBC Sports.com webcast checking in. Apologies for some tech troubles today which I hope we have sorted out, manly with the audio. We're working to get things cleared up for the big XC day.

Thanks to everyone for their patience. This is the first wall to wall webcast of a 4-star and its been both fun and a challenge.

I hope you enjoy the show and please pass the word.

Bob Hughes
Carr-Hughes Productions

pegasusmom
Apr. 26, 2007, 04:48 PM
Two enthusiastic thumbs up from the Sandhills of NC - and please keep it up!! Worked great for us!!

gillenwaterfarm
Apr. 26, 2007, 04:55 PM
Thanks Bob for all the wonderful footage and the hard work involved to get it to us LIVE.

cardicorgi
Apr. 26, 2007, 05:04 PM
Thank you! So nice to watch it "live" since I can't be there in person.

kacey'srider
Apr. 26, 2007, 05:10 PM
Y'all are all leaps and bounds ahead of me. When I click on the link to "get it now" a pop up screen pops up but then nothing happens... at all... and I have waited and waited and waited... forever... :cry:

Ahhhhh!!! Help!!!

nc_eventer
Apr. 26, 2007, 05:20 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! The coverage is the next best thing to being there! It has made my weekend much better, instead of lamenting not being in KY I can see all the action!
Thanks again so much!

west5
Apr. 26, 2007, 05:26 PM
Is it over now until tomorrow or are people still watching?

TBpalsx3
Apr. 26, 2007, 05:27 PM
Thank you Bob Hughes and NBC. I watched all day. My friends at the Rolex event called on their cell phones and we watched rides "together" and that was so much fun. My daughter who is the real rider in our family is so excited about cross country day. We are even taking the computer along to the hair salon while she gets her hair done for prom. She can watch her favorite riders and get beautiful at the same time.

NRB
Apr. 26, 2007, 07:18 PM
When I click the get it now button I get a little window that says thank you for subscribing, or something to that effect. I have signed on and entered my email password correctly. I did get to click on a watch it now and got the Windows Media blue screen with the Buffering signal at the bottom. Waited then everything froze got another error message. Sooo fustrating.

Can anyone view anythign RIght Now? It is 7:22 ET

I guess that they are done for the day? No more video until tonorrow?

pegasusmom
Apr. 26, 2007, 09:05 PM
When there is a live feed, the watch it now button is blue - right now there is nothing to see and they have not downloaded the video from today's dressage (9:04 PM EST)

TexasTB
Apr. 26, 2007, 10:12 PM
Is it taking forever for anyone else to download the dressage from this morning?
When the download screen pops up, it says it has 3 hours left in download :eek: and then eventually the download stops halfway through.
My internet connection is good, it must be an overflow of people trying to download it at once
I'm just anxious to watch what went on :D

Eventer13
Apr. 26, 2007, 11:48 PM
Is anyone here having luck downloading it? I still cant even get a connection, I just get a pop up screen with advertisements for shows.

gr8fulrider
Apr. 27, 2007, 12:01 AM
Is it taking forever for anyone else to download the dressage from this morning?
When the download screen pops up, it says it has 3 hours left in download :eek: and then eventually the download stops halfway through.
My internet connection is good, it must be an overflow of people trying to download it at once

I'm having the same problem as you. It downloads about 10% and then stops and errors out.

CJ4ME
Apr. 27, 2007, 06:29 AM
I tried to download overnight..said it was going to take 10 hours then times out!

NRB
Apr. 27, 2007, 08:38 AM
same here, set up to download overnight and this morning find a screen that said it didn't. Some sort of error. I'd just assumed that my internet connection pooped out on me. Even though I have cable every now and then the internet will just quit and I have to refresh a couple times to egt it connected again. Bummer. guess I'll have to wait and try to catch a live feed.

Winston's Mom
Apr. 27, 2007, 08:47 AM
Download doesn't work for me either, in fact I can't even get the sign on screen to come up properly. I know AOL is often the problem but I tried internet explorer also with the same results.

TBpalsx3
Apr. 27, 2007, 08:56 AM
The live feed is only available at the time stated on the mediazone schedule which for this morning is (9:30 am eastern time.) The "watch now" button will highlight and then you can click it. The live feed does not work at any other time except those shown on the mediazone schedule.

As for the download it is available only 24 hours after each phase of rides so the dressage from yesterday morning only becomes available around 8:30 am eastern time today. I do not think you can download before that 24 hours has expired so if you tried earlier it may not work. I have not downloaded completely but clicking on it it said 11 minutes to download. I am waiting to later today to to download it for my daughter to watch.
Somewhere on the mediazone sight there is a FAQ section and customer service. I think that is helpful for getting things to work. Keep at it and hopefully you can get it going. Good luck as it is really fun to watch .

wookiee
Apr. 27, 2007, 09:07 AM
My internet connection is testing as a T1. I have 3800 kbps throughput on the download. Trying to download from mediazone, I am getting maybe 4 kpbs which means it will take it 100 hours to download. :no: I tried to download overnight and it was interrupted as well.

I am a software engineer who worked on the Athens Olympic games with Vignette and Akamia. 4 million page views an hour on the Athens website. The download issue is a real problem, completely on mediazone's end. I suspect our auth token is expiring before the download can complete, or their server is really that slow.

I thank them for providing the service, but I paid my money and have yet to watch it live OR be able to download it. And I am technically competent! I do this sort of thing for a living!!

Hopefully they can get it together by XC. I canceled plans to watch it from home this weekend and I am pretty much resigned to not being able to see it.

Loves to ride
Apr. 27, 2007, 09:12 AM
Same problem here with downloads (on T1 link so shouldn't be an issue.)Managed to get 61% complete, and then poof. Failure. Server reset.

I can't watch it live so I need the download.

Has anyone been able to download successfully?

wookiee
Apr. 27, 2007, 09:16 AM
Has anyone been able to download successfully?

I contacted tech support and they are "aware of the problem and are working on it. Thanks for your patience."

I guess we need to just wait and see if we can download it later. Maybe after the event is finished they at least won't have the Live feed bandwidth to contend with (on this sport anyway).

west5
Apr. 27, 2007, 09:36 AM
ok guys let's not bash them too much ... I agree that it is frustrating BUT I am so happy that they decided to do it in the first place!! The videos that they sell of these events never cut it because you don't get to see all of it.

I also have been trying to download and have been having problems but am now watching todays dressage LIVE! YEAH!!

THANKS NBC -- and when you have a chance please fix the "download" stuff as I didn't get to see yesterdays coverage and I wanted to see Teddy go!

wookiee
Apr. 27, 2007, 09:48 AM
I am not bashing, just saying for all those people who thought it was AOL or their connection, that it is not. Plus, I guess since I have been on the inside, I know it's not rocket science, or a miracle to get this going, but all part of the job.

I caught a glimpse of some live feed just now and the quality is amazing. Kudos!!

I am sure the rest of the issues are the result of the eventing community rising up in greater numbers than anticipated and overwhelming them. In my mind, those are good growing pains to have.

In my opinion, they have really done an excellent job with their set up, their convenience (I can watch the feed on up to three computers?? Thanks so much!!), and their production values. They just need beefier servers.

Now everyone also needs to tune in for the TV broadcast to show them our numbers and they will anticipate even better next year!

FrittSkritt
Apr. 27, 2007, 10:03 AM
What would be really nice (and might lessen the load on mediazone's servers) is breaking up the downloadable feed into segments... Not even one segment per rider, but maybe 4 riders per segment?

JenJ
Apr. 27, 2007, 11:06 AM
Can those of you watching live provide some comments on the rides for those of us whose computer at work seems to have windows media player blocked?
Seems the powers that be around here prefer that I work instead of watching Rolex ...

I can watch the live scoreboard but would love some extra information.

Did they say why Ryan Wood withdrew?

I'm looking forward to spending a good chunk of the weekend glued to my computer at home.

BBowen
Apr. 27, 2007, 11:11 AM
HUGE THANK YOU to NBC and to Bob Hughes for making all of this possible. Each year the coverage gets better and Bob works hard to implement improvements. This is tremendous to be able to watch LIVE. I was unable to go to Rolex this year, so it is great to have the screen up on my computer at the office and watch. Can't wait for cross country tomorrow. Yipeee!!!!!

NRB
Apr. 27, 2007, 11:37 AM
Whoo Hoo finally got the live feed to work. THANK YOU NBC! I Loff You Bob Hughes! I had it up and running on 2 laptops, the PC can't get the sound (not my computer so probablly my fault) and the Mac gets the sound but the video will freeze from time to time. So I have set the 2 laptops next to each other and when the Mac video freezes I watch from the PC and listen to the Mac. Oddly enough, the PC has a time lag on the video feed from the Mac.......

Can't wait for tomorrow 9:30 am XC !!!!! Hope it rains here b/c I will be parked in front of the computer all morning and not getting anything done outside.

They did not say why Ryan Wood withdrew.

TBpalsx3
Apr. 27, 2007, 11:55 AM
If you have someone really talented at home you can also use a cable to connect your computer to your tv and watch it that way. My hubby has promised to try to figure that one out so we can watch on an even bigger screen tomorrow for XC. If not the computer is fine. i hope this is a huge success as I spread the word and now about 5 friends are watching and keep calling me to talk about the rides. I AM GETTING NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE DONE!!!

sparkliest
Apr. 27, 2007, 11:56 AM
I'm another huge fan of the live feed - it worked very well!
dressage was actually kinda cool to watch when you can see enough to compare the different rides. The whole thing made me want to practice my (boring) flatwork more!

I'm a h/j snob but I wish I had the nerve for eventing and so it is fun to watch all the action; not just the tv highlights. Cant wait for x/c feed !

easyklc
Apr. 27, 2007, 11:58 AM
I downloaded without issue onto my external hard drive. It took 3.5 hours, but it works. I couldn't get it to download successfully onto my internal drive (too BIG). :winkgrin: I have digital high speed, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. The Mediazone customer service has been helpful too when I've done live assistance.

I am very pleased with the coverage so far. A few glitches initially, but overall this is a step in the right direction for equestrian media coverage. I think NBC will see the overwhelming interest and take the fans more seriously in the future!!

For those not able to watch at work--good rides this morning! Amy Tryon had a great test on Sparky scoring 46.5!!!!:D A generous score considering some crookedness, but man that horse moves BIG! Very nice extended trots.

My favorite ride so far is still Tiana and King Street. That girl rode that test so well in the pouring rain, smiling, calm and relaxed. A pro and inspiration at such a young age.

Eventer13
Apr. 27, 2007, 12:02 PM
THANKS NBC & BOB HUGHES!! The live feed is great, havent been able to get the downloads, but any Rolex is better than none.

Please do this again next year!

easyklc
Apr. 27, 2007, 12:03 PM
If you have someone really talented at home you can also use a cable to connect your computer to your tv and watch it that way. My hubby has promised to try to figure that one out so we can watch on an even bigger screen tomorrow for XC. If not the computer is fine. i hope this is a huge success as I spread the word and now about 5 friends are watching and keep calling me to talk about the rides. I AM GETTING NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE DONE!!!

:lol: Watching Rolex is a constructive activity!!!
I had a lesson with my greenie yesterday afternoon and my coach and I spent half the time talking about it. She just returned from Vegas, so we had to talk about that, and then I had to give her details on the Rolex feeds. I did get a nice ride out my mare too.

His Greyness
Apr. 27, 2007, 12:24 PM
Last July I watched Amy Tryon and Le Samurai do "airs above the ground" before their dressage test at the CIC*** Barbury Castle Horse Trials in England. I just looked again at the video I took there. Today's test at Rolex was a real improvement in less than a year. Well done, Amy!

brindille
Apr. 27, 2007, 12:28 PM
i see she was supposed to go this morning according to the rk3de schedule, but i don't see her score:confused:
i hope she didn't withdraw!

Eventrgrl
Apr. 27, 2007, 12:40 PM
i see she was supposed to go this morning according to the rk3de schedule, but i don't see her score:confused:

she scored a 60.7, and at 12:40, currently 20th place

AM
Apr. 27, 2007, 12:44 PM
Look a little further down for Mary's score. According to the COTH noon report, she had some problems and is maybe 19th. I believe her score was 60 or so if my memory serves me right.

NRB
Apr. 27, 2007, 01:12 PM

Got to watch her ride. Mary had to deal with some tension in the test. think I remember a little jigging at the walk, little bit of a rear in the reinback..

CWO
Apr. 27, 2007, 02:00 PM
What is the time schedule for this afternoon?

I looked at the dressage times and it should have started at 1:30. And Bonnie Mosser was supposed to be after 1:30 but her score is already posted in the results.

I ride Gibson
Apr. 27, 2007, 02:04 PM
yeah, the live feed just started and they began with Klimax and Werner Geven. Does that mean they skipped over taping Bonnie?!?!?:mad: :mad:

FrittSkritt
Apr. 27, 2007, 02:06 PM
Bonnie went at Ryan's time as he scratched.

One Star
Apr. 27, 2007, 02:11 PM

I just went through this with someone from customer service on the live chat.

I have a super high-speed cable connection and a souped up PC with enough power for NASA, and it shut down halfway through on me.

The live support had me clear out all my cookies and restart IE and try again. It's working (albeit slowly, as the WMV file from yesterday is over 653MB) and I'm currently up to 246 MB downloaded...

Good luck! :D

BigRuss1996
Apr. 27, 2007, 02:28 PM
Courageous Comet had an AWESOME test!!

cllane1
Apr. 27, 2007, 02:35 PM
Must say, I find it reassuring that Rolex-level horses will still poop in or around the dressage arena! Makes little ole me not feel so bad that my horse does this too!

Plumcreek
Apr. 27, 2007, 03:50 PM
Nice video feed! One of the best $8. purchases I have ever made. The quality of the NBC cameras beats by far the usual videographer camera - crystal clear on full screen.

andy825
Apr. 27, 2007, 03:54 PM
Did anyone else just finish watching the end of dressage? The mic was left on, and they are talking about this thread. About how we are all having trouble signing in, and didn't they do a good job. Is this your jacket?
:lol:
I love it when that happens.

mbj
Apr. 27, 2007, 03:57 PM
It DOES SUPPORT MAC-- at least I have gotten live feed perfectly and easily. Thank-you so much, NBC. Great commentary too!Really neat to get expert commentary about the movements of each test as well as about prep, etc. Also the interesting bits like Pirate Lion having been a stakes winner.
This makes fat mare watch (foal watch) SO much better.
Great pics, great commentary. Way to go!!!!
Can't waittil tomorrow.

mbj
Apr. 27, 2007, 04:05 PM
Oops, I meant Rampant Lion, Carl's grey.

riddlepadiddle
Apr. 27, 2007, 04:23 PM
Does it take anyone else a really, really long time to load? I'm talking about a half an hour.

Bob Hughes
Apr. 27, 2007, 05:42 PM
Hello All;

I hope the feed is going well for everyone. We're setting for cross country tomorrow. You will see our work, warts and all, on cross country for sure as we will be "live".

In Kentucky we will have 3 horses on course at any given time so the coverage will move from horse to horse. All of the key obstacles are covered, Head of the Lake, Lexington Banks, The Hollw and the old Saw Mill.

I hope you hard core fans enjoy it.

Bob Hughes
Carr-Hughes Productions

Sebastian
Apr. 27, 2007, 06:11 PM
Did anyone see Ian Stark's ride? (I can't watch at work... :mad: )

I was surprised to see his score when I checked the leaderboard... What happened???

Thanks in advance!!
Seb :)

andy825
Apr. 27, 2007, 06:13 PM
I'm on the west coast, so you can be sure I'm setting my alarm so I can see Teddy tackle the course. What a great opportunity for us all to see such in depth coverage. I loved the commentary on the dressage rides that I saw, and can't wait for cross country tomorrow!
If I didn't have to go to a wedding, I'd be watching all day. Hmmm, maybe I can get someone to tape the wedding for me? Nah... ;)

pegasusmom
Apr. 27, 2007, 06:25 PM
Live feed contiues to work very well here in the Sandhills and we are looking forward to tomorrow!!

Ian Stark's horse was quite tense and he also had an error of test.

kcrubin
Apr. 27, 2007, 07:36 PM
I'm able to get the dressage I downloaded yesterday to play today. I tried to get the other dressage to download while I'm watching this one but it wouldn't work. I haven't been home to do live feed yet but will be trying it tomorrow for sure!!

Sebastian
Apr. 27, 2007, 08:08 PM
Ian Stark's horse was quite tense and he also had an error of test.

Oh, that's too bad. Thanks for the insight, pegasusmom!

Seb :)

Ja Da Dee
Apr. 27, 2007, 09:30 PM
I;m downloading this afternoon's dressage, I can't wait to see Becky Holders ride!!

FrittSkritt
Apr. 28, 2007, 10:11 AM
WOW! What a great round Teddy is having!!! GOOOO TEDDY!

west5
Apr. 28, 2007, 10:14 AM
TEDDY ROCKS!

I love the small ones!

edited to add: he was faster than Dutton's first horse! smoothest ride so far although Kiltartan is going very easily

Ja Da Dee
WOW, Teddy looked GREAT!

BigRuss1996
TEDDY was SO AWESOME!!!!!!

mbj
Apr. 28, 2007, 10:16 AM
Teddy clean magnificent jumping with some time Whoohoo really motored and looked like they belonged

mbj
Apr. 28, 2007, 10:18 AM
Philip started a bit sticky and over the time, slower than Karen
Jan a couple glance offs
Molly looks great so far

mbj
Apr. 28, 2007, 10:31 AM
Sharon had a refusal at Normandy bank and tipped off. Too bad had looked like a show hunter up til then He may have run out of steam

deltawave
Apr. 28, 2007, 10:34 AM
I am having the best time sitting here watching Rolex with one eye and my mares grazing with the other eye! :D

Teddy looked AMAZING...I had goosebumps! Congrats to pwynnnorman, Karen and all his connections. :yes:

Lori B
Apr. 28, 2007, 10:37 AM
The live feed is working well, thank god. GO TEDDY GO!!!!!

FrittSkritt
Apr. 28, 2007, 10:49 AM
Melissa had a GREAT round! What a save on the Normandy bank!

Lori B
Apr. 28, 2007, 10:54 AM
I saw! What a great first go for her. I met her last winter at a schooling show, she's such a nice woman. She's worked so hard for this. So exciting to cheer for someone I've actually met who's doing Rolex!

Tom King
Apr. 28, 2007, 11:04 AM
Anyone reading this who is undecided whether to pay the 8 bucks or not. DO IT NOW!!!!!!

FrittSkritt
Apr. 28, 2007, 11:05 AM
:D :yes:

eks
Apr. 28, 2007, 11:16 AM
Is it locked up or something? I just tried to buy it and I can't...the site seems to be frozen!!!

deltawave
Apr. 28, 2007, 11:18 AM
SARA AND TONY DOUBLE CLEAR! :D :D :D

FrittSkritt
Apr. 28, 2007, 11:32 AM
Yeouch! Hope Tiana is OK, that looked like a nasty fall.

dogchushu
Apr. 28, 2007, 11:34 AM
eks,

The live feed is still coming through, but the main site seems to be down right now (maybe overwhelmed with hits?).

Just saw Buck withdraw. Horse seemed a bit difficult. Tiana did have a nasty looking fall.

Copper
Apr. 28, 2007, 11:47 AM
Can't get the live-feed - please keep posting updates! :)

subk
Apr. 28, 2007, 11:56 AM
Anybody getting the live feed with a Mac?

west5
Apr. 28, 2007, 11:59 AM
fyi live feed should be stopping soon as last rider has finished the morning session

will start up again at 1:30

Reds-n-Greys
Apr. 28, 2007, 12:01 PM
thanks TK, glad I bought in...this is awesome!!

mcm7780
Apr. 28, 2007, 12:05 PM
The results have Tiana Coudray listed under "Eliminated Final Horse Inspection." I thought she retired after her fall...:confused: Is that just a mistake?

Editted to add that they have changed it to say that she was eliminated on cross country. That makes much more sense since the final horse inspection hasn't occured yet! I hope she and King Street are okay. Their ride looked nice up until that fence.

The coverage is nice! I can't get the picture too clear (it's a bit blurry even on a small screen) but that's okay since it's better than nothing!! :D

clivers
Apr. 28, 2007, 12:06 PM
I missed Teddy and Fun, but WOW, Sarah M. had a fantastic ride!!!! Go Tony!!! Same with Kristin Bachman - and how beautiful was Johnathan Holling's horse!

TexasTB
Apr. 28, 2007, 12:18 PM
Kristin Bachman is in 1st place at the conclusion of the morning session! Go Gryffindor!

easyklc
Apr. 28, 2007, 12:19 PM
Karen and Theodore's run was awe inspiring! I had never seen him in action, only still shots so that was quite a pleasure to watch! His gallop looked amazing and it is unbelievable how he can just clear those massive jumps. :D

I'm assuming Tiana was eliminated for not remounting in time and not calling her retirement?! Am I remembering the rules correctly? There was no direct camera shot of the fence so the feed didn't show the whole fall, but it looked pretty bad. I hope she and King Street are both OK. Her ride up to that fall was very nice.

Fantastic to see the other young riders doing well too. Sara and Hannah looked as composed as some of the veterans out there.

I about lost it when Sharon fell. :eek:

Can't wait for Amy and Sparky's run!!!

RunForIt
I started crying as Karen began to set her watch - it was so incredible to watch that game little guy walk through the starting box and then jump his heart out all the way 'round that big 'ol course. Started SCREAMING by the corners ...and crying again at the end.

Kerry and Cathy are so great together - their commentary (and "riding "through each fence and combination - LOVE Kerry's clucks!) is almost as good as watching the action! They were having big fun as Wendy Schaeffer went around! :D

Thank goodness for the break so that I can get the horses ridden! :cool:

arnika
I am SOOO glad i got this service and I'm praying they offer it every year from now on. I've been watching it on my laptop at work and it was so much fun I finally found a way to get broadband at home. Spent the morning setting it up and finished in time to watch the last few riders. Perfect connection, great pictures with lovely views. Since I couldn't be there this year, definitely the next best thing.

I'm already downloading the dressage bits i missed during work.

Even though we plan to go to Rolex next year, I'll be sure to pay for the downloading priveledges. Absolutely bloody marvelous!!!

THANKS, NBC!

His Greyness
Apr. 28, 2007, 12:26 PM
Anyone reading this who is undecided whether to pay the 8 bucks or not. DO IT NOW!!!!!!

I second this opinion! The internet feed has been working extremely well for me! I just hope the extra income from internet viewers exceeds the incremental cost of the streaming servers and equipment so that they will do it again next year.

Ja Da Dee
Apr. 28, 2007, 12:52 PM
I'm assuming Tiana was eliminated for not remounting in time and not calling her retirement?! Am I remembering the rules correctly? There was no direct camera shot of the fence so the feed didn't show the whole fall, but it looked pretty bad. I hope she and King Street are both OK. Her ride up to that fall was very nice.

It sounds like King Street got stuck in that big oxer, that's why it took so long for her to get back up.

Great rides so far today, Lots of lovely riders and horses. I'm off to ride my own so will have to download this afternoon's rides to catch Becky and Comet!! I just watched their dressage ... drool.

This was sooooooo worth the 8 bucks, I've been clapping, cheering and clucking at the computer all morning.

Of course, my husband jokingly said that I need to get a life. I asked him if I could record that and playback when he's watching hockey, or football, or baseball, or golf, or car racing or tennis...

Reds-n-Greys
Apr. 28, 2007, 01:29 PM
sounds like they are getting ready to start broadcasting the afternoon session...get the snacks ready!!!!

GO BONNIE GO!!!

mbj
Apr. 28, 2007, 01:49 PM
This is such a blast! I am on foal watch but the farm just got Fiberoptic phone in (free burying the lines up a 1/4 mile drive!) so I can watch from the barn aisle on my laptop! This is megacool for me. We haven't even had a tv hitched up to an aerial for over 10 years, so I feel like I've been catapulted into the future! High speed internet is really great for those of us in the country. And I am just so appreciative that NBC folks are doing this live feed of all the dressage, etc. not just highlights!!! And both my daughter, Maisy, and I are really enjoying the excellent commentary. She was on a horse this morning and I had my phone to her cell so she could hear some of it. She paid for it too and downloaded Thursday or yesterday's dressage as well. NBC has really gotten it right!!! What an amazing deal for $8! Kudos and thanks.

Xctrygirl
Apr. 28, 2007, 02:10 PM
Ack technical difficulties.

COme on NBC. We believe in you kick on... you can get the picture bacK!!!

~Emily

brindille
Apr. 28, 2007, 02:10 PM
is anyone getting a funny image?

Reds-n-Greys
Apr. 28, 2007, 02:24 PM
image cleared up, but now has lots of starts and stops...was it doing that much in the AM?

much better now...THANKS NBC....this is so fun!!

hb
Apr. 28, 2007, 02:46 PM
Anyone else having no sound.

Oh My Good what happend to le samurai!

Reds-n-Greys
Apr. 28, 2007, 02:48 PM
oh NO!!! le samurai...what a beautiful round...lets hope its not bad...

(yes I have sound)

Xctrygirl
Apr. 28, 2007, 02:48 PM
That looked bad

I first thought shoe, then was worried b/c she jumped the fence. Ok not criticizing Amy but man that was ugly.

Way lame at the finish. Hope its a shoe. B/c it was an amazing ride

~Emily

Debbie
Apr. 28, 2007, 02:49 PM
It looked like he took a funny step on the gallop up to the final fence and then the left front went. Hope he's going to be okay...

mcm7780
Apr. 28, 2007, 02:51 PM
I hope Le Samurai is okay...:( He didn't look good going to the last fence. Hopefully he just took a wrong step and stung himself but he looked bad.

eks
Apr. 28, 2007, 02:51 PM
What a wonderful round she was having. I am hoping he is okay

clivers
Apr. 28, 2007, 02:52 PM
Oh NO!!!! What a beautiful round they had too! God I hope it's not anything bad!!!! (despite how it looked :( )

Reds-n-Greys
Apr. 28, 2007, 02:52 PM
WAS THAT SCREENS to the side there when Mary king finished!!!

BigRuss1996
Apr. 28, 2007, 02:53 PM
I agree....I could not believe she didn't pull up. He was so lame coming to the fence I was amazed he made it. He was very painful when they pulled up....That was so painful to watch. My guess would be a tendon.... but lets hope not.

That looked bad

I first thought shoe, then was worried b/c she jumped the fence. Ok not criticizing Amy but man that was ugly.

Way lame at the finish. Hope its a shoe. B/c it was an amazing ride

~Emily

FrittSkritt
YES! I saw those, WTH is going on?!!! :(

mcm7780
WAS THAT SCREENS to the side there when Mary king finished!!!

I think it may have been....:( :eek: Hopefully due to all the frenzy of being near the finish line and not something else...I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Debbie
Apr. 28, 2007, 02:54 PM
I'd be really surprised if we saw him tomorrow which is an enormous shame considering the rest of the round, but it looked like more than just a stung leg to me. My heart was in my throat to see how he'd land off that final fence. He has a tremendous amount of heart... Fingers crossed that I'm wrong!

Reds-n-Greys
Apr. 28, 2007, 02:55 PM
I'd be really surprised if we saw him tomorrow which is an enormous shame considering the rest of the round, but it looked like more than just a stung leg to me. My heart was in my throat to see how he'd land off that final fence. He has a tremendous amount of heart... Fingers crossed that I'm wrong!

agreed

how unfortunate for Julia!!, I was really wanting to see her over the last to see what's going on

Xctrygirl
Apr. 28, 2007, 02:59 PM
Ok lemme put your minds at ease a bit.

Screens are used for many reasons, besides when a horse gets put down.

They allow a horse, who is stressed, ahve less outside elements to further his stress level. Think of it as a "quiet" space where there's nothing to look at or cause him to spook on an injury.

Additionally the vets need to do their thing without the stress of over litigious onlookers. Imagine if someone starts screaming "DON't KILL THAT HORSE" as they did at Pimlico last year. It's distracting and could cause a momentary loss of concentration thats vital.

Let's hold off judgement and wait for the reports. Charlie is there and has promised to call if he hears anything before we would.

Too bad about Julia and the extra house at the HOTL. What a neat ride she was having.

~Emily

Xctrygirl
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:01 PM
Also Rood and Riddle hospital is one of the best and its right around the corner. And Dr. Bramlage is one of the best in the industry, if it is that bad.

~Emily

FrittSkritt
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks Emily. It's a little scary to see that happen, especially since their round was so smooth.

wabadou
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:06 PM
Ok, I've never evented at that level and know the riders have to be so intense but I was really, really surprised after his big bobble and almost running on 3 legs after, to see her push him on around the corner and over the jump. He was very obviously DEAD lame coming up to the corner and coming round into the last, it looked so much like a racetrack breakdown with him still running on an obviously injured leg. I really thought she'd pull up and surprised he stayed up after that huge jumping effort on an injured leg. What a huge hearted horse!! I pray it's not serious but it didn't look good.
Trying to understand why he wasn't pulled up when so obviously hurting but much easier for me to question from the ground watching rather than being in the saddle.

mcm7780
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:07 PM
Screens are used for many reasons, besides when a horse gets put down.

They allow a horse, who is stressed, ahve less outside elements to further his stress level. Think of it as a "quiet" space where there's nothing to look at or cause him to spook on an injury.

That's one reason I thought they would use them for him in this situation since it was so close to the finish line with so many people there. But it still makes my heart jump when I see them!

4Martini
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:08 PM
what goes into the 65 faults assessed for Bonnie?

Thanks

pinkngreen
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:10 PM
Bonnie fell at the ducks before the last water.

mcm7780
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:10 PM
what goes into the 65 faults assessed for Bonnie?

Thanks

She gets 65 for falling. If the fall hadn't been related to an obstacle (ie, her horse spooks between jumps and she falls) she wouldn't get the 65 penalty points.

Xctrygirl
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:12 PM
Ok here's my take (FWIW)

You have just had the ride of your life. Nearly 11 mins of everything going right. You're within 100 yds of the finish line and the horse trips. You kick him on b/c you think he's tired and maybe pulled a shoe and is just a little foot sore. Epsom salt soak all night will fix that.

Hop the fence, things don't improve. Once at the line she pulls up asap.

In my job (Galloping race horses) I know that an average horse and rider would have pulled up in roughly the same time frame.

Reality is harder to sink in when its you on top, not watching objectively. Amy is the absolute LAST person who would knowingly injure a horse. The adrenalin is rushing and then life changes. And the processing of the change takes time.

She made her choices and I am gonna bet she will be the one beating herself up the most.

~Emily

retreadeventer
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:12 PM
I'm checking the scoreboard and didn't see that yet - what happened, as being on dialup I decided against springing for the live feed -- you guys - can anyone elaborate? And whose horse is behind the screens?

4Martini
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks - I thought a fall was less than 65 faults so I was wondering if something else was added in as well!

mcm7780
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:16 PM
I'm checking the scoreboard and didn't see that yet - what happened, as being on dialup I decided against springing for the live feed -- you guys - can anyone elaborate? And whose horse is behind the screens?

Any Tyron and Le Samurai. Xctrygirl's girl post above yours basically tells what happened.

Reds-n-Greys
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:18 PM
Amy Tryon and Le Samurai had a beautiful go, but tripped coming around to last. reorganized, jumped last clear, but was clearly lame and pulled up right after finish line. we saw screens up as next horse finished, but have since seen Amy and Le Samurai on a trailer.

clivers
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:19 PM
They just cut to Amy and Le Samurai in a trailer (I think - it was just a second) so looks like he's going to the vet... Best wishes and fingers/toes/eyes crossed...

PhoenixFarm
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:19 PM
First off, this Mac user thanks you all for the updates. I'm sitting here smacking refresh like a madwoman with one eye on the scoreboard.

What happened to Becky? One of my favorite horses!

Lori B
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:20 PM
If they don't fix the sound I'm gonna holler. Geez!! What happened to Courageous Comet, and I know this is stupid, what is 'R' again?

retreadeventer
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:20 PM
Oh dear, what happened to Becky?

mcm7780
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:21 PM
What happened to Becky Holder and Courageous Comet? It says they retired. That's too bad. I was the run out at the corners. I was hoping this would be her year after she had bad luck in stadium last year!

Lori B -- I have sound...did you accidently hit mute maybe? (Not to say you are dumb or anything! I know I've done that a few times. Whoops!)

Reds-n-Greys
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:21 PM
she retired after a second run out

clivers
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:22 PM
BTW, That Tara Zeigler just impressed the heck out of me!!! Way to earn your clean round!!!

hb
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:22 PM
If they don't fix the sound I'm gonna holler. Geez!! What happened to Courageous Comet, and I know this is stupid, what is 'R' again?

Okay so is sound out then? I was on live chat with customer service and they said there was no problem, had me reset a bunch of security options and still no sound.

I am VERY glad they put this on-line this year but not happy with the service!

Reds-n-Greys
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:23 PM
i have sound

Xctrygirl
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:25 PM
Becky and Comet just didn't have a good start to their round. They had a glance off at the corners and then a stop at the Squirrels. (Coffin)

She decided to call it a day. A wise move after two "disagreements" early on course. Things weren't gonna get better.

Ok cheering for Jam and Bruce now!!!

~Emily

pinkngreen
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:29 PM
Courageous Comet just didn't appear to be on his game today. Too bad.

Tara did do a great job, very impressed with her ability to stay on in a sticky situation!

pinkngreen
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:31 PM
I am VERY glad they put this on-line this year but not happy with the service! I haven't had any problems. I've loved this, it's almost better than being there because I can see more of the course and keep up with the scores easily.

Man Bruce just fell at the brush corner!

4Martini
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:32 PM
Bruce fell at the big brush corner - got on fine but decided to retire - beautiful ride on Jam up till then :(

Xctrygirl
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:33 PM
I guarantee that the "hospital" that they just mentioned that Amy and le Samurai are at is Rood and Riddle.

They are the premier vet hospital in that part of the world. Dr. Bramlage is an awesome doctor as well as a really nice guy.

They will be very well equipped to do everything that Le Samurai needs.

~Emily

Lori B
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:34 PM
Nothing is muted, and still no sound. Haven't had it since the video was wonky about 1 hour ago. :-( I restarted the video feed and everything. Grrrr.

mcm7780
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:36 PM
Becky and Comet just didn't have a good start to their round. They had a glance off at the corners and then a stop at the Squirrels. (Coffin)

Thanks! I missed the stop at the Squirrels. I keep trying to multi-task but I keep missing things!

mcm7780
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:37 PM
Nothing is muted, and still no sound. Haven't had it since the video was wonky about 1 hour ago. :-( I restarted the video feed and everything. Grrrr.

I'm sorry! I wish I could help, but telling you to check mute is the extent of my tech support abilities!

west5
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:38 PM

my sound has been fine ...

commentary was more interesting in the morning when Kerry & Cathy (Kathy?) were talking ... NBC guy is "nice" but it isn't "horsey" so the interaction between Kerry & him is less riveting ...if that helps

wabadou
So, who else has gotten absolutely NOTHING done today ??!!
This has been awesome, glad the initial bugs got worked out.
Poor Bruce, this stinks, he had a bad fall at my jump at Poplar Place last month with another horse in the Intermediate division. (Buck and Private Treaty were eliminated at the water at the same event.)
Bruce, Sr is an amazing rider and competitor and still going strong!

arnika
I can't complain, loving the feed. The technical picture was off earlier but once they cleared that up it's been great.

So sorry for Amy and Le Samurai, also for Bruce but thank goodness he and jam looked fine.

arnika
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:40 PM
I haven't moved from in front of the 'puter all day.:D

Go Heidi and Spy!

pinkngreen
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:41 PM
Private Treaty was totally off his game at Poplar! He came out of the woods before the water and ran back into the woods. Then he struggled through the water and ate the boat on the bank out, Buck fell off and that was the end of their day.

hb
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:42 PM
Did Heath Ryan fall?

pinkngreen
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:42 PM
I think so but I didn't see it. I only saw the horse walking about with out his rider.

mcm7780
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:43 PM
Anyone know what happened with Heath Ryan and Flame? They showed Flame walking around by himself so it looks like he fell. The results show he is eliminated.

pinkngreen
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:44 PM
They are holding on course now.

mcm7780
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:44 PM
Hold on course now.

TexasTB
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:45 PM
What a frustrating afternoon!
Bonnie was having the ride of her life only to have a fall at the ducks
Bruce had a fall at the corner
Polly Stockton had a refusal at the normandy bank
and Le Samurai pulled up lame after the last fence on course (hopefully he'll be sound to compete tomorrow!!)

All of whom were people i was rooting for to take the title!

On an optimistic note, at least cross country is playing a role in the final standings, as it should be.

Xctrygirl
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:48 PM
Too bad about Heath. But how cute is Woody (Aka Upstage) as he's looking around going, "Mom, lets go... I am rocking today!! Wasn't I clever with that corner mistake!"

~Emily

Lori B
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:49 PM
Is there news about the status of Amy Tryon and Le Samurai?

Please advise! Yes, I've been watching and working on a freelance project at the same time all day. Was on the phone w/ a customer when I saw Le Samurai take that bad step before the last fence, and just about dropped the phone.

I'm not concerned about the commentary so much as wishing I knew what the heck was going on. Sigh.

wabadou
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:49 PM
They did make an announcement a few minutes ago that Le Samurai was on his way to "the veterinary hospital", but didn't say where. Probably a safe bet that we won't be seeing him tomorrow. Fingers crossed, what a horse and an incredible heart to jump that last jump on 3 good legs!!

arnika
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:51 PM
They only said that Le Samurai has been taken to the hospital and there should be a further update later this afternoon.

Nothing further being said so far aboout Heath, I hope he is all right.

brindille
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:51 PM
i had no sound - just closed wmp and started again. now it works

west5
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:52 PM
Is there news about the status of Amy Tryon and Le Samurai?.

I'm not concerned about the commentary so much as wishing I knew what the heck was going on. Sigh.

they haven't been telling us anything important ... i promise

arnika
Apr. 28, 2007, 03:53 PM
They just started back on course!

retreadeventer
Hooray for the western US - and other points west - look at the double clears and the western riders! Sara - Kristin - Will, and I think you can include Wendy (Australian) as a "west" person! As opposed to Mary King, (British) - "east?" And Jon - "east"?.
Add Heidi to the "east" bunch! Tied! 3 east, 3 west!

pinkngreen
Oh no Karen and Upstage just had a refusal at the hallow!