PDA

View Full Version : Roll call for Difficult Run

Dr. Doolittle
Mar. 20, 2007, 10:00 AM
So, are "the usual suspects" planning to be there? :D

I just entered at evententries (FYI, and they have listed a "Grounds Fee" of $40, which Steve Symansky assures me is a mistake...)

I'm thinking that this will be the first HT for many of us in Northern VA, between the weather and the Herpes Virus outbreak...:yes:

eventmom
Mar. 20, 2007, 10:02 AM
Dr. D.... put our entry in the mail this am.

B Street Tango
Mar. 20, 2007, 10:11 AM
I'll be there with my camera. Money/minor horsey health issues will keep us from competing until a little later in the season. Hoping for great weather for those that will be competing! Peepers are the first sign of Spring and Difficult Run opening day is the SECOND! :D

Dr. Doolittle
Mar. 20, 2007, 10:17 AM
Yes, indeed--I agree!

(It looks like temps close to *70* later this week...Woo Hoo! A reason to live! :D)

Ride Irish
Mar. 20, 2007, 10:27 AM
Hi Dr. D-

Sent in my entry this morning! Also entered Redlands. Hopefully that will go well and I will be happily galloping (ok, with Silver lopping) around the BN course at Frying Pan. Two years ago we were eliminated at the old BN water. Maybe the new water will be more inviting. I am not schooling it dry because I know Silver, when water is in it he'll say "WHAT? That's not how it looked last time. I don't think so!"

So wish us luck so one day I can actually say we completed a rec HT, even if it is only BN!

See ya there!!! And good luck to everyone.

Mar. 20, 2007, 10:27 AM
Im going as well. I love the event, spending the whole weekend, everything run really well, good restaurants. Oh and I guess my goal is NOT to get eliminated at the 2nd water on the training course like last spring!!!!

B Street Tango
Mar. 20, 2007, 10:37 AM
at Frying Pan. Two years ago we were eliminated at the old BN water. Maybe the new water will be more inviting. I am not schooling it dry because I know Silver, when water is in it he'll say "WHAT? That's not how it looked last time. I don't think so!"

So wish us luck so one day I can actually say we completed a rec HT, even if it is only BN!

A tip my trainer gave me is make sure you are concentrating on the out so your horse understands the question. For a horse that might be a little sticky at the water, the "new" water can be a little tough because the out is so small.

Good luck!

Ride Irish
Mar. 20, 2007, 10:39 AM
B Street -

Great advice! I think what also makes it tough is all the other jumps around the water...but I do always worry and think only about the in - not the out.

Thanks!

B Street Tango
Mar. 20, 2007, 10:49 AM
Irish, absolutely, those two roll tops before the water can make for a little confusion, too!

Dr. Doolittle
Mar. 20, 2007, 11:00 AM
I just wanted to add for eventmom (though we have already discussed this ;)), your daughter will have a *blast*--this is SUCH a well-run event! :D

RideIrish, that's great that you're entering! :)
How has Silver been doing lately? (I haven't seen you--or him--in action since the first Morven schooling jumper show...seems like a million years ago! :p)

Yeah, the "dreaded water complex for BN"...since it's never filled between HTs, it's impossible to school it as an actual "water jump or cross-through"; andwhen she was brand-new to eventing, I made the mistake of schooling it dry with The Princess, and then taking her to her first HT there (at BN). She came up to it on course, said "something's wrong with this picture--I've been through here before, and there was no WATER in there!! :eek:"; gathered herself in an attempt to jump *the* *whole* *thing*; thought better of it; :D and proceeded to do the little "I will NOT be getting my tootsies damp today cha cha cha dance", at which point we were (ahem) eliminated. :sigh: (I had schooled her over a number of water complexes prior to this, but re-doubled my efforts, and spent the rest of that spring schooling water; after we had a "Come to Jesus meeting" at the Foxcroft water in June, she has never had a single problem since...:))

Anyway, good advice from BStreet--a little tricky in this particular case, since there is so much in front of you--but just try to keep your eye trained right (on the small trot out, beside the Training and Prelim logs...)

We should have some sort of informal get-together on Saturday night, since so many of us always wind up going--either as volunteers or to compete! :)

Ride Irish
Mar. 20, 2007, 11:15 AM
Dr. D -

First and foremost a get together sounds like a fabulous idea! No matter what happens I will need a cocktail!

Silver is doing well. Although we had to take a break from riding for about 3 weeks because of weather (no indoor)and the EHV outbreak. He has had Pied Pipers chiro working on him and just visited Dr. Allen's for our Spring juice up!). We will be schooling as much XC between now and Difficult Run which will include lots of water, though in the past year it hasn't been a problem when schooling at Foxcroft, Rubicon and Frying Pan's other water. I hear that Redland's BN water is not very inviting so that will be a good test since we have never schooled there. I am hoping to get to Gordonsdale and anywhere else we can come up with for some schooling.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my thoughts positive that the water issue is behind us cause it sure stinks to enter and pay the money to get eliminated because your 1300lb horse from a place with lots of rain, bogs and water doesn't want to get his size 3 tootsies wet! Ah, but I still love him like my luggage!

FrittSkritt
Mar. 20, 2007, 11:43 AM
I'll be there most likely volunteering... might be bringing some beverages along with me if I end up jump judging... ;)

Janet
Mar. 20, 2007, 11:53 AM
Sent mine in this morning- will be postmarked Prague.

Does anyone knw the status of the Trakehner for schooling? 8-(

Dr. Doolittle
Mar. 20, 2007, 01:02 PM
I just stopped by FP about 20 minutes ago, actually--I wanted to check out the footing after all this "moisture" :rolleyes: we've had lately...it doesn't look too bad (I'm planning to go out there on Saturday and school around some, with a few students--jump around a few courses at the hunter show while there...*that* should be interesting! :D) It looks like they've already aerated the main field, though there are still some really muddy areas where it's lower lying. The cow field (with the Trakehners) is open--no snow fence or any other sort of barrier. The old water complex is also open, and pretty full! The Irish bank no longer has snow fence around it, but they do still have it "roped off"...(I'm glad I got a chance to school it when it was still open earlier last fall :))

So, Janet--planning to get Belle over that dratted Trakehner come he** or high water? :p

RideIrish:

"I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my thoughts positive that the water issue is behind us cause it sure stinks to enter and pay the money to get eliminated because your 1300lb horse from a place with lots of rain, bogs and water doesn't want to get his size 3 tootsies wet! Ah, but I still love him like my luggage!"

:lol: :lol: Yes, I can see the irony (and pain) relating to this issue! ;)

(Though I would venture to say that your horse weighs a bit more than 1,300#...I weighed my last horse on the scale at Morven; he was all TB, and weighed close to 1,400#! :eek:...he was long, tall, and substantial--but was nowhere near as ginormous as your boy is! That's a lot of horse to "keep in front of your leg"! :winkgrin:)

Janet
Mar. 20, 2007, 01:35 PM
So, Janet--planning to get Belle over that dratted Trakehner come he** or high water? :p
YEP!

Ride Irish
Mar. 20, 2007, 01:40 PM
Dr D-

Yes, you are right...I just didn't want to embarrass the big boy...he can be so sensitive sometimes :-)

Did I understand correctly that the BN water is full? If so, I may have to make a trip over to give it a whirl.

Ride Irish
Mar. 20, 2007, 01:42 PM
never mind...re-read your post Dr. D...BN water still empty :-(

artienallie
Mar. 20, 2007, 02:10 PM
I'll be there - Novice.

Now, I've got a month to get some jumping under our belts.

alphaxi
Mar. 20, 2007, 02:12 PM
Hows the Prelim course ride there? It might be my young horse's first. Haven't decided whether to enter yet or not.

Is the park usually open for schooling? Maybe I can take her for a run around soon.

Speedy
Mar. 20, 2007, 04:55 PM
I think I am going to take Smidgeon there for her *first* event! Exciting!

I think I need more information about the "dreaded" BN water, though. Is it a run through, or is it a run in and jump up and out thing? If there is a jump out, is it small enough to trot? I've ridden what I think is now described as the "old" water before, and it's been ages since I've been over there, so I don't think I know the "new" water. TIA for any information you can provide!

Mar. 20, 2007, 05:16 PM
Here is a pic of the new beg novice water. However, there are usually other obstacles for training and I think prelim that are not shown
http://drpc.ponyclub.org/jumps/newsomebn.htm

Please someone correct me if im wrong

Dr. Doolittle
Mar. 20, 2007, 05:39 PM
Yes, 2869, you are correct...

There are two logs on the far side of the complex; one's the Prelim side and one's the Training side--they are jumped from the other direction (dropping into the water down over the logs...) At the HT, both T and P also have big (portable) rolltops set at the *opposite* end of the complex (the side where BN enters), to be jumped coming *out* of the water.

BN has a simple "pass through" the complex, with the entry being (as I recall, but maybe I should go back and check my pix from GRC! ;)) between the two rolltops--you then trot through the water (maybe 20 or 30 feet across), and exit is up a slight incline, to the right of the drop-in logs. It's all bluestone and gravel, so the traction is good. :)

(Please tell me this isn't "clear as mud", Speedy! :p)

alphaxi, yes the park is open for schooling--they close it down the Sunday three or so weeks before the HT. If it's your horse's first Prelim, I would advise schooling there first. (I've jumped about 3/4 of the Prelim jumps there--some are shared with Training--they aren't too daunting by themselves, but a lot of people seem to have problems with the course at the HT--there are usually very few clears! Keep in mind also that it's not an "open, galloping" kind of course; I'm thinking you really have to kick on bigtime to have a chance of making the time...)

artienallie--are you entering your own barn's CT, or is that verboten? (I sent my entry in today, and will have at least 4 students going too--I think it will be a good prep--and lots of fun; Dawn is *SO* incredibly nice and accomodating! :))

Speedy
Mar. 20, 2007, 06:10 PM
2869 and Dr. D - thanks so much for the photo and information! Thank god I asked - that is definitely not the water in the woods that I have jumped with my other horse. I was afraid little Smidgie would be nervous about that - this looks so much more inviting for a baby! Yay! I am so relieved! Now just please say a prayer that the steering and brakes are working that day or we will end up accidentally over the prelim log on the left :)

drjuliea
Mar. 20, 2007, 08:54 PM
If all goes well at Redland, Tex and me will be there going BN. We schooled there last Monday and the footing wasn't bad even then. He was a rock star, so hopefully he'll remember everything he went over come May!

PiedPiper
Mar. 20, 2007, 09:47 PM
Got Matt's entry in today but need to get Hero in as well. Need to get some things cleared up before I do that but given the all clear I am going to have two horses running. :eek: :) Both probably BN due to the limited amount of jumping both have had though Hero should move up quickly.:D My fear is what he will be like cross country but I found a trainer that rehabbed him from his injury so going to have her do a few rides and get some insight.

B Street Tango
Mar. 20, 2007, 09:48 PM
Pics of my "greenie" trotting through the BN water last August. In them, you can see the 2 rolltops that you have go between in order to get to the water. And notice, I'm NOT looking at the exit, like I told Ride Irish to do. Could have sworn I followed that advice! Ooops. :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/two2tango/Jay/TLH06-616784.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/two2tango/Jay/TLH06-616785.jpg

We're all the way in!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/two2tango/Jay/TLH06-616787.jpg

artienallie
Mar. 21, 2007, 09:59 AM
artienallie--are you entering your own barn's CT, or is that verboten? (I sent my entry in today, and will have at least 4 students going too--I think it will be a good prep--and lots of fun; Dawn is *SO* incredibly nice and accomodating! :))

Yeah, I'm entering. I might do BN and tack on a novice jumping round as well.

Dr. Doolittle
Mar. 21, 2007, 04:24 PM
Artienallie--Cool, I guess I shall see you there! :)

PP--it sounds like you will have a busy weekend, competing both horses! :D
(That's great that you found a trainer who knows Hero *and* who has worked with him; that should really help!)

And B Street-those pix are *adorable*; he's so attractive, and what a great expression! Thanks for sharing (and the pix really made the "entry to the water complex" easy to see--I'm glad to see that my middle-aged memory was accurate, for once...:p)

(I look forward to seeing you and Jay out there at some point this year; I think you both deserve a chance to put a whole season together, and have some fun! :yes:)

Catalina
Mar. 22, 2007, 11:16 AM
I am having the world's hardest time motivating to enter anything mainly because I rode Ty a handfull of times this past winter and I don't feel like spending the money to take him to an event if we aren't ready. Sigh ....

built on glass
Mar. 23, 2007, 12:02 AM
[completely new here]

I'll be sending my entry form in this weekend! I hope to take a new pony out on her first BN.

Hope everything works out.. last year when I entered, the mare I had contracted strangles and I had to withdraw. :(

Dr. Doolittle
Mar. 23, 2007, 10:01 AM
Welcome, built on glass :)

You (and your pone) will have a great time doing BN there...this is such a well-run HT, and they almost always have great weather (knock wood, I don't want to jinx things! :uhoh:)

Fingers crossed that your mare stays healthy this year, and you're able to compete!

B Street Tango
Mar. 23, 2007, 12:29 PM
Welcome, built on glass :)

You (and your pone) will have a great time doing BN there...this is such a well-run HT, and they almost always have great weather (knock wood, I don't want to jinx things! :uhoh:)

Fingers crossed that your mare stays healthy this year, and you're able to compete!

Ditto, welcome! And no worries, Dr D, I'm not competing so it's SURE to be beautiful...just like Rolex was last year since I wasn't there. :winkgrin:

Knocking wood that all ponies stay healthy and sound for anyone looking forward to this event!

Invested1
Mar. 24, 2007, 07:04 PM
Well, I *think* we'll be there--sent in our entry for Training level but at the rate we're going, I'm not sure we'll be ready at all--though perhaps we'll just knock back down to Novice.

It was bad enough with the weather and the EHV crap going around, but then I left for Ireland for over a week; turns out my boy is a spoiled-rotten mama's boy who pitched a fit that I had left him--he pulled a shoe and got an abscess!! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! Thankfully it has popped and is draining well but the last abscess he had (probably 2 years ago) took 6 weeks for him to be completely back to 100%. :sigh: I had also sent in our entry for the 4/14 Elysian Hills (Novice) but we'll see if we're ready for that even....
Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery!!

FrittSkritt
Mar. 24, 2007, 08:01 PM
Man! Your horse must love throwing shoes, seems like he's always losing one! :winkgrin:

My lifesaver with Cody's abscesses was Animalintex - sucks all the crap out and keeps it infection-free. :)

flyingtails
Mar. 24, 2007, 09:47 PM
You can find a picture of most of the jumps including I believe, the "new" water jump on difficult runs webpage. I found it very useful :)

flyingtails
Mar. 24, 2007, 10:00 PM
Dr D.
being you are my trainer and handy guru...
Well you already know I'm going... However I have to wait a few more days to send the entry in so I can get my member number from the good ole' United States Eventing Association.... Unless you think I can go ahead and send it in and have them correct the math later... Either way its going in the mail this week. Thanks again for Sat!

flyingtails
Mar. 24, 2007, 10:04 PM
Man! Your horse must love throwing shoes, seems like he's always losing one! :winkgrin:

My lifesaver with Cody's abscesses was Animalintex - sucks all the crap out and keeps it infection-free. :)

Cool,
Where do you get that stuff?

flyingtails
Mar. 24, 2007, 10:10 PM
I LOVE the fact that I'm only 20 minutes away!!! Wohoooo!
Wishing everyone a fun, safe and healthy season!

Dr. Doolittle
Mar. 24, 2007, 10:31 PM
flyingtails--SEND THE ENTRY IN NOW!!! (as in this Monday...) :eek: The sooner the better, and just put a note in with it telling Steve that your USEA number is "pending"--this will be fine (and will give you an advantage over the BN competitors who enter late who have *not* joined USEA...including my BM! :p) BTW, really good job today (flyingtails got Reserve in the Working Hunter divison at the FPP schooling hunter show, then afterward she and I and two of my other students schooled some cross country, and her horse was the most relaxed of the bunch! :) I feel like she and her mare are really ready for Redlands *and* DRHT!)

Animalintex is great--a poultice that keeps drawing after you leave it on--available at most tack shops (probably Dover :))

My last horse (deseased :() had typical TB feet, and I became "all too familiar" with the abscess routine...:sigh:

And yes, poor Invested's horse is famous for "shoe throwing"...(In fact, we "don't mention upcoming shows in his presence", lest he figure that's a *perfect* time to throw a shoe. He once pulled one off *in the trailer* on the way to FPP for a cross country school! :p)

Poor Invested! :( Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for Tedi!

Oh, and B Street--thanks for insuring the good weather! :lol: (Are you going to be jump judging again this year? You'lle have to come over to *our* party and have a beer--if you can tear yourself away from the volunteer's party--I'm sure their food will be better :p)

Invested1
Mar. 25, 2007, 11:12 AM

Yes, yes he is. :sigh:

Though he hadn't pulled a shoe in MONTHS and hadn't had to see the vet for something physical (he had a cold last spring) in probably two years. Guess he was due but I wish he had waited till I got back into the country! :lol:

Invested1
Mar. 25, 2007, 11:17 AM
And yes, poor Invested's horse is famous for "shoe throwing"...(In fact, we "don't mention upcoming shows in his presence", lest he figure that's a *perfect* time to throw a shoe. He once pulled one off *in the trailer* on the way to FPP for a cross country school! :p)

Poor Invested! :( Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for Tedi!

Man, wasn't that a trick?! :lol:

It has been awhile but I was really liking the streak we were on!! :D

And this is the first abscess he has had pop at his band--the other two popped out his sole. Hopefully that means he'll recover faster.....

Dr. Doolittle
Mar. 25, 2007, 11:27 AM
Yoiks!

Well at least it popped out, which is the first (and most essential) step to healing/resolving...let's hope we get a little spell of dry weather, which should help! (Spring always seems to be the toughest season for these things...:sigh:)

(BTW, flyingtails, sorry for *shouting*--I just don't want you to get shut out; this is a very popular HT, and it fills fast! :p)

flyingtails
Mar. 25, 2007, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=Dr. Doolittle;2314840]flyingtails--SEND THE ENTRY IN NOW!!! (as in this Monday...) :eek: The sooner the better, and just put a note in with it telling Steve that your USEA number is "pending"--this will be fine (and will give you an advantage over the BN competitors who enter late who have *not* joined USEA...including my BM!

Its in the mail as of this morning! :D

Dr. Doolittle
Mar. 26, 2007, 10:01 AM
Good for you! (I forwarded you an e-mail from Steve--he said you should be fine in terms of getting in...:))

B Street Tango
Mar. 26, 2007, 11:50 AM
Oh, and B Street--thanks for insuring the good weather! :lol: (Are you going to be jump judging again this year? You'lle have to come over to *our* party and have a beer--if you can tear yourself away from the volunteer's party--I'm sure their food will be better :p)

I'm probably going to be a little selfish this year and just go watch and be official photographer for a few friends. I'd be happy to join your party and will bring a cooler and my Colorado friend that just relocated here. She can't wait to run at Difficult Run. She's been laughing/confused about the name for a couple of years...last year I bought her a t-shirt, so she HAS to come participate now that she's here! :lol: She's Ishi from the BB and is shooting for Prelim and Training with two of hers, though I fear she hasn't sent in her forms yet!

Dr. Doolittle
Mar. 26, 2007, 04:38 PM
Cool, that'll be great! :D

I *just* got that..."Difficult Run"...:lol: :lol:

Why had that never occured to me before? :p

Invested1
Apr. 5, 2007, 11:15 AM
I just got my entry confirmation email--yay!!

Now, someone please point me to the explanations of all the divisions--AR vs. R vs. SR, etc? I need to double check that I filled out my entry correctly!
THanks!!

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 5, 2007, 11:25 AM
I just got mine, too :D

Invested--you may want to check out the thread about "competitor's responsibilities"; they discuss the divisions (and the abbreviations) pretty comprehensively...

Invested1
Apr. 5, 2007, 11:27 AM
Perfect, I'll head over there now--thanks!

Invested1
Apr. 5, 2007, 12:05 PM
I just got mine, too :D

Invested--you may want to check out the thread about "competitor's responsibilities"; they discuss the divisions (and the abbreviations) pretty comprehensively...

The thread mostly helped but I'm not seeing explanations for SR....

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 5, 2007, 12:59 PM
Senior simply means "over 21", if I'm not mistaken (someone correct me if I am) IOW, to differentiate you from the "Junior Young Riders".

I *think* it's as simple as that! I hope so! (It was 3rd division choice, anyway :p)

Invested1
Apr. 5, 2007, 01:04 PM
Senior simply means "over 21", if I'm not mistaken (someone correct me if I am) IOW, to differentiate you from the "Junior Young Riders".

I *think* it's as simple as that! I hope so! (It was 3rd division choice, anyway :p)

But is it anyone over 21, regardless of what divisions they've competed in? Like an Open over 21? Pros and all?

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 5, 2007, 01:08 PM
Yes, I believe so...

Help, Janet? Anyone? :D

Janet
Apr. 5, 2007, 01:34 PM
But is it anyone over 21, regardless of what divisions they've competed in? Like an Open over 21? Pros and all?
SENIOR (S) - Open to competitors from the beginning of the calendar year of their 19th birthday..
So
Yes, the only restriction is age.

But no, it is "over 18",not "over 21"

If you are 20, you are elegible for both Young Rider AND Senior.

Janet
Apr. 5, 2007, 01:48 PM
I have NOT yet got a confirmation email.

Invested1
Apr. 5, 2007, 02:07 PM
So
Yes, the only restriction is age..

Crap, I need to change to R, then AR, then SR.

steves
Apr. 5, 2007, 05:37 PM
You can see how much I like the new entry forms. This has all of you confused and it will make my setting up divisions quite difficult. I will try to set up divisions based on your requests but not sure how much I can do. Compunding this is that most of you did not fill in the forms correctly.

1) Sr, Jr, and YR are ages and nothing more. SR does not mean Senior Rider. It means just senior. But even here it is confusing since Jr is under 18 ; YR 16 to 21; SR is greater than 18. This means YR overlaps with both JR and (16-18) and Sr (19-21). But if you sign up for just age you could be placed with Open division and maybe rider but sicne rider is restricted, unless you designate rider, I will probably have to put you in an open division.. Thus I strongly suggest you designate an age. If you are a senior and an amateur, you can add AR (Amateur Adult rider)

2) You also should designate a tye of division (Rider, Horse, Young Horse, and/or Open). Put these in order of perference.

However the reality is that even after you do all this, based on my numbers, I will probably not have any YH or H divisions. I will also need to lump all my Trainings and Prelims together and they will be Open. I will see what I can do with N and BN. I might be able to offer an AR division but I doubt it. It will probably be a Sr division and Junior and and open divisions. I will not know for a few weeks.

Janet
Apr. 5, 2007, 05:46 PM
Steve,

You can put me ANYWHERE that makes it easy for you.

Invested1
Apr. 6, 2007, 08:57 AM
Steve,
Thanks so much for your hard work--if it's this hard for us filling out the entry forms, I can't even imagine how hard it is for you to try to decipher them!!
We appreciate your efforts!! :D

Janet
Apr. 7, 2007, 05:26 PM
Did it !!!:) :lol: :D :winkgrin:

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 7, 2007, 09:56 PM
Oh, YAY!!!! :D

Congrats! :)...Now I *know* you will kick my butt in the OT Division (unless they put us both in the SR division...:p) That is unless Belle does her "crow hopping" in the dressage ring; hopefully the anti-ulcer meds will fix that...;)

S4zeus
Apr. 7, 2007, 11:09 PM
Sent mine in this morning- will be postmarked Prague.

Does anyone knw the status of the Trakehner for schooling? 8-(

I know how you feel Janet. I will not be attending DRPC this year. I don't feel like its fair to ask my horse to do Three HT's in a row. We will be doign Redlands and Loudoun. Then taking most of May off then a full June.

Janet
Apr. 9, 2007, 12:45 PM
I am not doing either Redlands or Loudon. I'm doing HITS Culpeper, then Difficult Run, then a bunch in June.

Invested1
Apr. 9, 2007, 12:51 PM
I just finished putting together my spreadsheet of potential 2007 competitions (yes, I know I'm a nerd!). Not all of them are definites but it's nice to know which ones are coming up--I also put opening/closing dates on the spreadsheet. :D

Synrgystyk
Apr. 9, 2007, 02:16 PM
I just finished putting together my spreadsheet of potential 2007 competitions (yes, I know I'm a nerd!). Not all of them are definites but it's nice to know which ones are coming up--I also put opening/closing dates on the spreadsheet. :D

I'll match that "nerd" and up you one "obsessive compulsive control freak." :D My spreadsheet has competition date(s), open/close dates, event name, event location, level to enter, entry fee, and a comment section (for stuff like stabling, anything known about the venue, schooling potential, etc.). I gave a copy to my competition buddy about two months ago -- plans go through the fall season.

So far we're headed for Redland Hunt, DRPC, Surefire, and Maryland HT I and II. Might toss Waredaca in there too, depending on how we do at Redland and DRPC. Oh, and we're planning on volunteering at Rubicon (and may drag several of the barn's students along on that adventure).

We both want to qualify for the T3D in October. *fingers crossed* :yes:

Lorree

FrittSkritt
Apr. 9, 2007, 03:03 PM
Well, I can't say I have a spreadsheet, but I print blank calendars (month per page) and list the opening, closing, and event dates, then color-code/highlight them - yellow for open, pink for close, and green for the actual event! Oh yeah, and orange for all those miscellaneous things like clinics and stuff. ;)

Nerds unite!

Invested1
Apr. 9, 2007, 03:17 PM
Ah, does my heart good to see the level of nerdness on here! :lol:

My spreadsheet is pretty basic. Name of the event (starred if it's recognized), date of the event, opening date, closing date, and a column to check if I've sent in my entry. :D

Synrgystyk
Apr. 9, 2007, 09:36 PM
... and a column to check if I've sent in my entry. :D

Oooh! I don't have that! I *knew* there was something else I could add!

I'll bet I can even add columns for "Coggins," "USEA Card," "Stabling Form," "Entry Form," and "Complete Entry Sent"! (I think I have now gone way beyond the "deep end." :lol: ) Please, no else give me any more ideas. :uhoh:

Lorree

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 9, 2007, 10:38 PM
Holy cow, you guys are thorough! :eek:

I figure I've "done good" when I put everything on my calendar--and then check it regularly (and turn to the new month, when appropriate...:p)

Invested1
Apr. 10, 2007, 09:24 AM
Oooh! I don't have that! I *knew* there was something else I could add!

I'll bet I can even add columns for "Coggins," "USEA Card," "Stabling Form," "Entry Form," and "Complete Entry Sent"! (I think I have now gone way beyond the "deep end." :lol: ) Please, no else give me any more ideas. :uhoh:

Lorree

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 10, 2007, 10:07 AM
Entries are posted on the website! :)

Invested1
Apr. 10, 2007, 02:38 PM
YAY!! Can't wait! :D

GreyTrakehner92
Apr. 10, 2007, 07:27 PM
i just entered at BN! woot! first event of the season! im taking my anglo trakehner that when i bought, was 200 pounds underweight, and everyone said would probably end up being a pasture horse. this was a year and a half ago, and he is now jumping 2'6" and fat! yay! this will be my third event, and his first event. im not too worried though because he did hunters for quiet a few years, and jumps anything i put infront of him in the pasture, and LOVES water, so that shouldnt be a problem.:D :D :D

im so excited!!

WNT
Apr. 10, 2007, 09:13 PM
Nothing like entry Russian Roulette. Will I get in at the last minute, or not? Luck was on my side today, as I got into both Loudoun and Difficult Run in the Prelim. They will be our first two Prelims after an injury last summer. We run Training at the Fork this weekend, so I hope that starts us off on a good note...

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 10, 2007, 11:34 PM
Yes, we are certainly lucky (some would say "spoiled" :p) in this area! :D

B Street Tango
Apr. 11, 2007, 09:36 AM
Anyone know if they are going to open up the banks for a brief time before the whole course closes, like they have in the past?

I have a couple of friends that are interested in getting that in, if possible.

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 11, 2007, 09:45 AM
My feeling would be "no", but e-mail Steve to find out for sure (and then please PM me RIGHT AWAY) if the answer is yes! :D My student with the ditchy mare would love to take advantage of the opportunity--we are planning to take her down to Wingreen the week before Loudoun to work her butt off over the ditches down there, but if she were to be able to school over the bank one more time, it would be *great*! :p)

I've already bothered Steve enough with requests :uhoh:, or I would do it myself...at least I've offered him some volunteers in exchange! ;)

Invested1
Apr. 11, 2007, 09:55 AM
My feeling would be "no", but e-mail Steve to find out for sure (and then please PM me RIGHT AWAY) if the answer is yes! :D

No way man--you need to "post" the answer!! :D

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 11, 2007, 10:14 AM
Yeah, that'll work too! :)

pvcjumper
Apr. 11, 2007, 01:42 PM
oooo, ooooh! Someone take me too!

Invested1 - curse you for coming to my barn! I have been bitten by the eventing bug and i dont even event yet! I even picked colors and started accumulating stuff!

I want to go to something too! *anything*... :(

Probably would help if i find out if this particular horse will even GO xcountry! He is still learning from the ground up and will do small stuff in the arena and goes around without his head in the air *most* of the time... but he is OTTB and a little gung-ho when i take him out in the fields... gets very race horsey on me throwing his head around if i even touch his mouth and just wants to run... so we are just working on walking and trotting right now :( ...(tried cantering twice, didnt work well...turned into an "I want to try to run away" gallop ending in circles.)

...*sigh*... SOOO bored staying on the farm! And hunting season is over :cry:

Invested1
Apr. 11, 2007, 01:45 PM
Invested1 - curse you for coming to my barn! I have been bitten by the eventing bug and i dont even event yet! I even picked colors and started accumulating stuff!

woohoo!! My work here is done. :lol:

steves
Apr. 11, 2007, 01:56 PM
oooo, ooooh! Someone take me too!

I want to go to something too! *anything*... :(

...*sigh*... SOOO bored staying on the farm! And hunting season is over :cry:

Sounds as if you are the perfect candidate to work at the Difficult Run HT. Just let me know and we will sign you up as a jump judge

pvcjumper
Apr. 11, 2007, 02:07 PM
Sounds as if you are the perfect candidate to work at the Difficult Run HT. Just let me know and we will sign you up as a jump judge

I tried volunteering for the little combined training thing in March but #1 i never got info after requesting it and #2 it got cancelled :(

Maybe volunteering would be a good idea for me to get to see more about eventing.... when did you say it was? First weekend of May??

Also, is there anyway to pay to do the event, and just not do xcountry if he isnt ready (which is 100% the case i am sure.) I am just getting bored sitting on my tush. And to add insult to injury, I have not even been able to ride for 2 weeks due to bed rest :( ... thinking of not going to class (school) tonight so i can finally get out to the barn! 2 weeks is TOO long!

Any event trainers with a school horse already ready to introduce a newbie to the (first timer/beginner novice level) sport so i dont have to wait to bring a horse up to speed!?:D Is that even the right name of the level?!:lol:

artienallie
Apr. 11, 2007, 02:31 PM
Maybe volunteering would be a good idea for me to get to see more about eventing.... when did you say it was? First weekend of May??

First weekend in May, and the jump judge coordinator has already sent out the first request for judges! I'm sure she'd LOVE to have someone as gung-ho as you on her team!

Also, is there anyway to pay to do the event, and just not do xcountry if he isnt ready (which is 100% the case i am sure.) I am just getting bored sitting on my tush. And to add insult to injury, I have not even been able to ride for 2 weeks due to bed rest :( ... thinking of not going to class (school) tonight so i can finally get out to the barn! 2 weeks is TOO long!

Well, you can withdraw after stadium (if they run stadium before XC), but the cost to enter a recognized HT is a bit much (IMHO, of course) to spend if you're not sure you and your horse are ready for XC.

Your better bet is to research the unrecognized HTs and Combined Tests (dressage and stadium, no XC) in this area. We are LUCKY - there are so many options out there.

pvcjumper
Apr. 11, 2007, 02:36 PM
another question for Steve or whoever:

How do i request information for volunteering to be a jump judge? The only reason I am not committing myself at this moment is because I was also considering going to the Gold Cup and I believe its the 1st Saturday in May...so I would have to make a decision.

artienallie
Apr. 11, 2007, 02:40 PM
How do i request information for volunteering to be a jump judge? The only reason I am not committing myself at this moment is because I was also considering going to the Gold Cup and I believe its the 1st Saturday in May...so I would have to make a decision.

First, don't forget, DRHT runs over both Saturday AND Sunday. You can't get away that easily. ;)

Second, Nancy Holliday is the Jump Judge Coordinator for DRHT. I can send you her email address via PM, if you like.

pvcjumper
Apr. 11, 2007, 02:58 PM
Absolutely, PM away!

said horses trainer just nixed his (or my) debute in eventing this month :(
Exact words were "Are you not in enough pain yet? Get better first..."
I had some weird unexplained brain swelling, followed by 2 nice weeks of bedrest due to a spinal tap gone wrong (still having headaches)...and I think i just got "benched" via email for the next few weeks :( Looks like all i may be able to do is volunteer and watch whether i like it or not :(

artienallie
Apr. 11, 2007, 03:35 PM
Absolutely, PM away!

And... sent! :cool:

CamsMom
Apr. 11, 2007, 06:20 PM
Steves, I can volunteer if you still need help. I have jump judged in the past. :)

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 11, 2007, 09:32 PM
My husband and daughter are volunteering on Saturday (which will make it a bit hectic, considering that I'm competing--though just doing dressage, luckily ;)), so I will be "hanging out" with some volunteers myself; I hope to get a chance to meet some of you whom I have yet to meet! (Either at the volunteer's party, or maybe at my party, which will be in whatever barn aisle I've stabled my horse--I'll be sure to let all the COTHers know where to come...:D)

pvcjumper--I hope you are feeling better by the HT; yikes! :eek: (Of course being a "typical horseperson", you are probably just counting the days until you can ride again, and becoming impatient...:p)

steves
Apr. 12, 2007, 08:15 AM
[QUOTE=pvcjumper;2357333]I tried volunteering for the little combined training thing in March but #1 i never got info after requesting it and #2 it got cancelled :(

QUOTE]

Difficult Run had nothing to do with the the Combined Test in March. We run two recognized horse trials - one the 1st weekend in May and the other the 4th weekend in August. Although I have said it before, I will repeat it here, the Difficult Run Pony Club has built every jump in Frying Pan with the profits from our horse trials. We get no financial help from the county. Thus, when you volunteer, you are helping maintain FPP and support eventing in northern Virginia. We also have used our money for footing and to build the judges stands. We greatly appreciate any help we can get from volunteers. Also if anyone wants to help prepare the course in the two weeks leading up to the horse trial, let me know

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 12, 2007, 05:58 PM
DRPC does a *GREAT* job both running/organizing its HTs, and also keeping the course and footing up to standards--which is particularly difficult (no pun intended :p) when your cross country course is in a public park, and open to every Tom, Dick, and Harry 361 days a year...

So kudos to Steve and Co. for all your hard work--and thank you, from *all* of us! :yes: I've volunteered at their HTs when I could, but when I am unable to, I "offer up" family members. ;)

As for "help preparing the course", what would that involve? Could one help if one doesn't have a tractor or backhoe? Let us know, since maybe I could scare up some more volunteering if there were some things that "average folks" could do to help...:)

steves
Apr. 13, 2007, 07:58 AM
all you need to volunteer is a shovel, rake, weed whacker or a lawn mower (the latter to trim around the jumps). We tend to work on saturdays and sundays. Here is our attached work list:

WORK PARTIES:
Sunday, April 15 AM - meet at 9:00 at the upper ring
We will be weed whacking and trimming shrubs Bring gas powered weed whackers and hedge trimmers We will also be clearing the galloping paths through the woods. Bring trash bags and leaf rakes

Saturday or Sunday (depending on responses), April 21 or 22 Weed whacking (need gas-powered weed whackers) Raking groundlines (bring heavy rakes and gloves) Trimming shrubs (need shrub trimmers)

Saturday and Sunday, April 28 and 29 9:00 am (pick-up trucks needed)
Distributing and spreading mulch (bring rakes and gloves) Raking ground lines Distributing straw bales Distributing cedars Installing fencing Assembling flags Cleaning water complexes

Also we need people to drive our tractor that has the aerator attached: 2 - 3 hour shift (or more) on Fri 4/27 from noon - 6pm, and Sat 4/28 & Sun 4/29 from 8 am - 6 pm. (but it can also be during the week)

Also, if anyone has any carpentry skills our course mainternance person (this is different from our USEA licensed course builder) needs some assistance. In fact we are looking for a permanent person for this job and this is a paying job. The PC father who has been doing this is moving on.

If interested or planning to help (and we would greatly appreciate the help), contact me directly at ssymansky@imf.org .

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 13, 2007, 09:11 AM
Thanks Steve--I will pass this on to the hubby (since I have competitions and or coaching responsibilities over both of those two weekends, not including this one) He has a weed whacker, and enjoys using it! :)

Considering the weather forecast for this upcoming Sunday, though :(, I'm doubting much will get done then!

Synrgystyk
Apr. 14, 2007, 10:23 AM
We got in. After getting a bit of a late start on entries this year, we managed to squeeze in to both Redland and DRPC. I'm generally pretty prompt with entries, but this year things just seemed to keep piling up and taking care of paperwork got pushed aside.

Anyway...there'll be two of us running Training. We'll be driving a grey 3/4 horse van and I ride a 17h+ mostly-white (I hope) pinto. My competition partner rides a dark bay TB mare, who's cute but then so are most dark bay TB mares. My horse, on the other hand, is rather easy to pick out of a crowd.:lol:

If you spot us, come say hello. I'd love to put faces with screen names.

Lorree

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 14, 2007, 07:57 PM
Cool, Synrgystyk--I'll keep an eye out for you! (that's hard to spell, BTW! :lol:)

I am doing Training as well, and have a flashy, pretty (and knows it! :p) Dutch/TB chestnut mare, a hair under 16 H, with a huge slightly diamond-shaped star and diagonal whites. (and a HUGE booty! :D)

I am short, blonde, and middle-aged (if I plan to live to 100 :p), and have a very loud laugh (which is how people find me at HTs! :D)

When I get my stall assignment, I will post it so that people know where to go to find beer, revelry, and irreverence on Saturday night...

(I have 5 students competing, and 3 of them are BN newbies--I will *need* a beer by then! :eek:)

CamsMom
Apr. 14, 2007, 08:14 PM
We got in too! My daughter will be riding her 16.1 flea bitten grey Anglo-Trakehner in BN. My daughter hyper-extended her left knee about a week ago and managed to strain her MCL. The orthopedist said NO riding for 6 weeks.....so what was she doing today? Riding. No jumping, just lots of no stirrup work. She's determined not to scratch for her first event of the year.

GreyTrakehner92
Apr. 14, 2007, 10:06 PM
We got in too! My daughter will be riding her 16.1 flea bitten grey Anglo-Trakehner in BN. My daughter hyper-extended her left knee about a week ago and managed to strain her MCL. The orthopedist said NO riding for 6 weeks.....so what was she doing today? Riding. No jumping, just lots of no stirrup work. She's determined not to scratch for her first event of the year.

haha.. sorry mom, but... its gonna be hard to keep me off my horse! ^.^ darn that no stirrup work though... my legs are sore! oh the joys of being completely horse crazy!:D

Synrgystyk
Apr. 14, 2007, 10:39 PM
...When I get my stall assignment, I will post it so that people know where to go to find beer, revelry, and irreverence on Saturday night....

Ummm...that wouldn't happen to include Bud Light would it?? :cool: I'll be posting our stall assignments as well. Since we're bringing the van there'll be plenty of room for other *necessary* stuff. :lol:

I'm sure that after our dressage test on Saturday we'll be in desperate need of both revelry and irreverence.

Lorree

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 15, 2007, 09:58 AM
Hey Lorree, (SO much easier to spell! :p)

Well, I don't know about Bud Light (I'm more of a Corona gal myself ;)), but I can *promise* that there will be revelry and irreverence! :D

Once everyone gets ride times, we can figure out an "approximate get-together time frame"...

You go, GreyTrakehner92! Keep working, and I'm sure you'lle be plenty ready in time for the HT (And what eventer listens to doctors, anyway?? :lol:)
Remember, CamsMom--where there's a will, there's a way...;)

Invested1
Apr. 15, 2007, 11:15 AM
There are pix of me and my boy in my signature line--if you see us, come say hi! I LOFF meeting COTHers! :D

Synrgystyk
Apr. 15, 2007, 06:27 PM
Well, I don't know about Bud Light (I'm more of a Corona gal myself ;)), but I can *promise* that there will be revelry and irreverence! :D

Hey, I'll bring my own Bud Light, and a few lemons and limes! (Is there anyone who doesn't enjoy a Corona now and then?) Since we're bringing two vehicles (we'll leave the van), I won't have to drive home on Saturday. (Hmm...better mention to Beth that she's being designated the evening driver. :lol: )

Oh, and GT92? You should have plenty of time between now and then to get your knee in shape. Shhh...don't tell your mom, but I rode the day after dislocating my shoulder in a motorcycle accident -- did trot and canter sets in the field. If nothing else, having a painful knee might give you something to distract you from being nervous. :cool:

Lorree

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 15, 2007, 07:26 PM
Excellentay! :D

FrittSkritt
Apr. 15, 2007, 07:39 PM

Corona: the official beer of the United States Eventing Association.

Seriously! I think 99.5% of eventers prefer it. ;) (The 0.5% being beer wimps such as myself, who go for the girly malt drinks and occasionally snobby white wine.)

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 15, 2007, 07:53 PM
Well, Fritt (and thanks for the eventer's beer stat, BTW! :D), I'm kind of primarily a wine drinker myself (am quaffing a glass of Chardonnay as we speak :p), but when outdoors, doing athletic things, and especially when it's "warm out", there's nothing like a beer!

(During my "hiatus from horses", I crewed on racing sailboats...talk about a buncha inveterate beer drinkers!!! :eek: And this was *during* the race! :lol:)

GreyTrakehner92
Apr. 15, 2007, 08:40 PM
yay! i just finished getting everything i need for the event! as far as my knee.. its sore, but its for some reason, less swollen after i ride. (coincidence?) OH! and it looks like the weather is getting warmer! woot woot!! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THATS COMPETEING ON MAY 5-6TH! Look for me! ill be on a grey trakehner with his little fleckley spots starting to show cuz he's losing his thick white winter coat! he'll probably be alert w. ears perked! first show in ..5 years? but hes ready. im rider 234 and ill be in green and black for XC! come say hi!:D

here we are so you can get an idea of what to look for
(the first one is of my friend on him.. but still. its cute!)
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/CamnGreyson/041407067.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/CamnGreyson/031307017.jpg

kgeorge172
Apr. 15, 2007, 09:47 PM
Hi all,
This is going to be a big weekend for me, my first RECOGNIZED event!!!! I'll be going BNR and we're hauling down from Ohio in hopes of better weather/footing. Anything to know about the area? Mapquest makes the drive look fairly straight forward. Do many people camp? The facility looks smaller and I know there aren't any hook ups, so I figured that I'd rough it for a weekend. Is there any good places to eat nearby?
Thanks!

B Street Tango
Apr. 15, 2007, 10:41 PM
Hey kgeorge! I'm not sure how many/if people camp or not. I think the majority of competitors are local enough to be able to travel home...but maybe I'm making a big assumption! Lot's a places to eat nearby. Just turn turn right out of the park and turn right at the light and head north. Several places to choose from, both Fast Food and sit down restaurants within 1-2 miles.

Definitely no hookups or showers and bring water as I think most spouts are non-potable.

At least you'll be finished competing on Saturday so you can hang out, sleep in and leave when you feel like it on Sunday. What's your "rig" look like. We'll have to keep an eye out for you and make sure to share a beverage or two. ;)

PiedPiper
Apr. 16, 2007, 07:13 AM
I am in as well. :D Didn't want to post anything before b/c our jumping was a little iffy and wasn't sure things were looking but after schooling with Dr. D on Friday I am definitely confident that things are going to go pretty well.

Oh, Dr. D - Only problem at that show on Saturday, apparently we have lost our right lead again. It must be a me thing b/c I haven't had trouble with the right lead canter for months and suddenly BAM it is rearing its ugly head. Oh well.

Looking forward to it. I will be in a beige Chevy 2500HD with a gooseneck Hawk. :)

Will there be a group course walk? Hmm, Dr. D? :winkgrin:

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 16, 2007, 09:35 AM
We will definitely have to post more details once we get our times and stall assignments, that way we can find each other and/or pick a time to meet up! :)

Pied Piper and Matt looked *great* doing X-country last Friday--smooth, relaxed, and in the groove--:D I think he's really turned a corner (and "taking over the alpha role" with him makes a big difference, methinks...:p)

As for the right lead thing, just don't forget to prepare with half-halts and bending *well* before asking for the transition, keep him off his right shoulder, and stay tall; (we know he is "bi-leadal", since he picked up right lead once last Friday when you asked for left! :lol:)

As for a course walk, I will probably be doing one on Friday afternoon (with as many of my students as can make it.) I think most of us have all been over so much of the course at this point, that the course walk becomes a mere formality. ;)

If anyone wants to join in, they are more than welcome--I don't think I will be coming up with too many "unique flashes of revelation"; their course at the lower levels is pretty straightforward!...;)

Invested1
Apr. 30, 2007, 08:56 AM
Tentative times are up!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 30, 2007, 09:34 AM
Yes, and everyone needs to check in again so that we can met up with each other at some point! ;)

Synrgystyk
Apr. 30, 2007, 09:39 AM
We'll be arriving *early* on Saturday; my (tentative) dressage time is 7:51. So I might be starting out with Irish Coffee instead of Bud Light.:lol:

On the other had, we'll have lots of time to clean tack, spot-clean horses, walk the XC course, look at the stadium course, wander around, cause trouble (the fun kind), meet people, set up our stalls, etc.

So when is everyone else arriving??

Lorree

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 30, 2007, 09:56 AM
Hey Lorree!

Ouch! :D

My dressage time is (mercifally!) 9:15, but then I have *FIVE* students who I will have to warm up, starting with the one who rides her dressage at 10:30 (3 of them--the BN first-timers--will need hand-holding, guidance, and support, one will need "intensive tweaking", and then there's PP, who is self-sufficient and experienced, so who may just need a few encouraging words or an "observation or two" sent in her genral direction ;)) Basically I will be on my feet helping them ALL DAY; the last one rides stadium at 6:15! :eek: (I may be watching her with beer in hand, at that point...:p)

And then I will have to take my horse home, and will have a 9:00 X-country ride time the next day...

As soon as we get stall assignments, I'll let everyone know where I'll be.
We will also be out walking the course on Friday late afternoon, and the hubby has the day off (he will be jump judging all day Saturday), so is planning to bring some food and cook out there on one of the grills...Anyone who is there will have an easy time finding us, so come say Hi! :D

artienallie
Apr. 30, 2007, 10:16 AM
Well, although I said I could ride over both days, it looks like they fit me all in Sunday morning - dressage at 8:30, XC at 11:30 and Stadium at 12:50.

Whee! It'll be nice not to have to haul in both days.

Janet
Apr. 30, 2007, 10:58 AM
We'll be arriving *early* on Saturday; my (tentative) dressage time is 7:51. So I might be starting out with Irish Coffee instead of Bud Light.:lol:

On the other had, we'll have lots of time to clean tack, spot-clean horses, walk the XC course, look at the stadium course, wander around, cause trouble (the fun kind), meet people, set up our stalls, etc.

So when is everyone else arriving??

Lorree
You are even earlier than I am. 8:27 Sat and 8:44 Sunday.

flyingtails
May. 1, 2007, 02:48 AM
Dr. D is the da bomb Coach ever!!! See you tues, fri and Sat, love those ride times!

B Street Tango
May. 1, 2007, 07:23 AM

You ride right after Ishi, she goes at 7:45 so we'll be arriving before the crack of dawn, too!

She'll be on a cute little flea bitten gray and I'll be the one wiping off her boots. :D

PiedPiper
May. 1, 2007, 07:43 AM
Aw, thanks Dr. D, I try and give that impression. :D I am feeling quite good about this and, as my barn owner stressed to me, I better be there to compete since we are more than competitive at BN. :lol: So for this will be my first event with Matt that I am actually gunning for a ribbon. Dressage is going to make or break us. I really need to be "on" and have my head in the game on Saturday.

Now if this darn cold would clear up that might be possible.

Dr. D- Did FPP on Saturday and we placed again, lol! We got third place in one of our three rounds. lol. AAAAAANNNNDDDDDD we got the right lead EACH time I asked! :eek: :cool: My mantra is weight the inside, DON'T lean, brush with the outside, don't lock elbows. Repeat. :winkgrin:

My times are nice but will be there extra early to hand walk Matt around so he will be very calm and quiet. I am going to do my best to have him super relax going into dressage. So I have 12:33, 3:somethign and then 4:something.

Synrgystyk
May. 1, 2007, 08:56 AM
You ride right after Ishi....She'll be on a cute little flea bitten gray and I'll be the one wiping off her boots. :D

Well, gee, if you're already on boot duty.... :D

I'm sure Ishi and I will be able to commiserate on the hardships of getting (and *keeping*) the horse clean for an early morning dressage test. If only they'd invent a "stain-x" that worked as well as Rain-X.

Lorree

artienallie
May. 1, 2007, 09:28 AM
Well, they changed my times on me.

I'm now doing Dressage Saturday at 6:05, XC Sunday at 1:09 and Stadium at 2:30.

Dr. Doolittle
May. 1, 2007, 09:54 AM
:eek:

I had to go back and re-check the times after artienallie's post!

I think they just changed the Novice times around, since that's the only division where they have to juggle people--some of whom will be riding over two days, some just one...

artinallie--you will be riding your dressage at the same time that flyingtails will be doing stadium--that's a long-a$$ day for yours truly, since I do dressage at 9:15 :p

PP--that's ecellent! :D It sounds like Matt is really ready to roll, and is getting "in the groove" with this jumping courses thing...;)

Now if you can get over your cold by the weekend, and get a really good dressage warmup, you will be in business. :)

Good luck with "detailing" the two grays, Lorree and Ishi! At least it's not going to be muddy this week, which helps! (The temps are only supposed to be in the 60's on Friday, which will mean that I will be able to clean up and braid my horse the day before, and put her hood slinky and sheet on her before turning her out overnight--with every expectation that I will have a clean horse Saturday morning. :))

As for those of you with nerves, I had a great thought; maybe Steve could include samples of Xanax or Valium in the packets, instead of samples of horse products! :D

Synrgystyk
May. 1, 2007, 10:18 AM
Good luck with "detailing" the two grays, Lorree and Ishi!

Grey?! I wish! Nothing like 17+ hands of mostly-white (or supposed to be) chestnut/white pinto who apparently views becoming solid chestnut as a religious calling. :rolleyes: :sigh:

Lorree

Dr. Doolittle
May. 1, 2007, 10:44 AM
:lol: :lol:

You have my sympathies! ;)

GreyTrakehner92
May. 1, 2007, 01:35 PM
Im taking my greenie instead of my "been there done that" old guy. He's lame again, so i've decided... he's going to be retired. He's 18, and did the biggggg hunter jumper stuff when he was younger, so he deserves to be a pasture buddy, and light trail horse.

Now.. the greenie... will probably bomb dressage (shakes her head, and canters wayy fast... but getting better!!!!!!) but stadium, and XC will be good! Shes so willing.. we'll see how it all goes!

ACK! my times are 3 hours in between each phase.

dressage-11:57 Stadium- 3:41 XC- 6:16 WOOTT!!

here's a pic of the two of us (my horse and i) come say hello! i'd LOVE to meet some of you!! wish me luck......:D
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/CamnGreyson/xcountryschooling033.jpg

Invested1
May. 1, 2007, 04:52 PM
As for those of you with nerves, I had a great thought; maybe Steve could include samples of Xanax or Valium in the packets, instead of samples of horse products! :D

LOVE THAT IDEA!!! :D

Dr. Doolittle
May. 1, 2007, 06:38 PM
:lol:

I'm afraid Corona will have to suffice for now...:p

Welcome to the dark side, GreyTrakehner92--we'll keep an eye out for ya! You are probably in the same division with at least one of my BN students, so you will see me running around, harried, trying to calm nerves and warm up multiple riders--I'm a short middle-aged blonde with a very loud laugh. :D

Good luck to you and your greenie! :)

I'll be there on Friday night, as mentioned, eating, drinking, and walking the course with students...probably from around 5-7 or so.

Ishi
May. 2, 2007, 01:36 PM
Anyone want my Prelim spot? LOL I have kinda odd times, too close together for me (and my horse, he is 'special' about Stadium) so I think my Prelim horse is staying home. No biggie, just not enough time to get it all done.

BUT, it's Mikey's big Training debut as well as his first HT on the East :D He did Training dressage and stadium in NM this fall, but I had to withdraw him before XC, that same darn red headed Prelim horse had an opps on XC, I took a really good digger into the Prelim water jump, and so Mikey didn't get to go XC :(

Anyway, I'll be there, my dressage time is 7:45 Saturday AM. That grey sucker better remain SPOT FREE overnight, no one wants a bath at 5am :lol: Sunday I think I'm the first rider out on XC at 8:30

We are hauling back and forth, if anyone wants to stop by, the trailer still has Colorado plates and it's a new Chevy dually pulling it. Ya can't miss us :D and I'd love to meet up with more CoTHers!

Good luck everyone!

Synrgystyk
May. 2, 2007, 02:01 PM
...my dressage time is 7:45 Saturday AM. That grey sucker better remain SPOT FREE overnight, no one wants a bath at 5am :lol: Sunday I think I'm the first rider out on XC at 8:30

Ishi,

I'll literally be following in your footsteps. :lol: (7:51, 8:32, 9:57)

Lorree

B Street Tango
May. 2, 2007, 02:03 PM
Ishi,

I'll literally be following in your footsteps. :lol: (7:51, 8:32, 9:57)

Lorree

Well you better hope she doesn't get lost on course then! LOL!! :winkgrin:

Synrgystyk
May. 2, 2007, 02:48 PM
Well you better hope she doesn't get lost on course then! LOL!! :winkgrin:

If she does, guess who we're going to blame!! :lol:

Lorree

Dr. Doolittle
May. 2, 2007, 04:07 PM
It will be impossible for you guys to *miss* meeting each other, in any case :)

Ishi
May. 2, 2007, 04:49 PM
LOL don't blame me, I may just get lost, I just moved here, and I get lost driving all over this state, so I can't promise any better on XC :lol: Lorree, you have a grey horse too? It will be like Attack Of The Greys at The Crack Of Dawn! Pretty cool. I'll go walk the course Friday afternoon, B Street took me there twice now to school, but I have no idea what the course is. Man, the pressure of going first, hahahahaha!

Dr. Doolittle
May. 2, 2007, 05:45 PM
Don't worry, Ishi--the course is really pretty simple--out the start box, bear right through the woods (you will jump the "produce stand"; a table with veggies on top :)), then a big log on your right, continue to a big log (center of three) followed by a leg vertical about 5-6 strides after--a bending line to the left which will take you out of the woods), a Helsinki next to the upper ring fence, down a slight hill to a Chevron (right next to the T Chevron; I saw Stephen Bradley take the wrong one one year and get the big E :p), left to a stone wall (slight drop), down through the left side of the water complex, continue to the right, go down a gravel road that winds around to the left, staighten out, Weldon's Wall, straight ahead through the woods over a cabin, pop through the fence into the cow field to your right, gallop along the left fenceline to the cow catcher (in the fenceline) which jumps you into the corn field, continue dead ahead along the fenceline in the corn field to a log/ditch combo, a park bench, up the left side of the Irish Bank, over a skinny *directly* after, and then continue down the fenceline, jumping everything in your path (except the Training picnic table--you have your own ;)), which will consist of a house and a corner/two verticals option fence, after which you turn right to a big creosote log oxer, continue straight ahead, and the re-enter the *other* side of the corn field, jump the big log to your right (Paul Bunyon's Revenge), other water complex will then be slightly to your right and right in front of you (you jump the right side), drop into the water, couple strides in the water, jump out over right-hand rolltop, turn left, go into cow field again through gate in left-hand side of cow field, go up a man-made hill with a small log on top, steep downhill to a bending line to a big corn feeder, back into main field over the right-hand Trakehner in the fenceline, finish over the sheepshed on the left. :)

See? Simple! :D

Synrgystyk
May. 2, 2007, 06:19 PM
LOL don't blame me, I may just get lost, I just moved here, and I get lost driving all over this state, so I can't promise any better on XC :lol: Lorree, you have a grey horse too? It will be like Attack Of The Greys at The Crack Of Dawn! Pretty cool. I'll go walk the course Friday afternoon, B Street took me there twice now to school, but I have no idea what the course is. Man, the pressure of going first, hahahahaha!

Nope...worse than a grey. I have a big mostly-white (I hope) pinto. :cool:

Lorree

Ishi
May. 2, 2007, 07:21 PM
Dr D, someone filled my Prelim spot, so I'm off the hook for that one :D It's too bad, but just wasn't going to work, so he'll (hopefully) do his next one at the Virginia Horse Trials. Thanks for the walk through of the Prelim course, wanna do the Training one :lol:

So, I'm only going Training, which will be so much fun on my little guy. I can't wait to meet everyone, Lorree, I guess it would be hard to miss you! See you there!

Dr. Doolittle
May. 2, 2007, 09:22 PM
Hey, Ishi--well the Training course is a bit simpler yet--I promise you won't get lost! :D (You're probably in my division, but I don't ride until 9:00...)

I agree; with Lorree's description of her horse, she should be easy to "spot"...;)

B Street Tango
May. 2, 2007, 11:01 PM
Ishi, probably the easiest place to get lost (based on my observations jump judging there) is to miss the entry into the cow field. I've seen a couple of people trotting around on the wrong side of the fence trying to figure out how they missed it. So pay attention to that little detail when walking the course and you should be good to go...and there aren't any "options" on this course so just make sure you're jumping the fences with the right colors and you're all set! :lol:

Invested1
May. 3, 2007, 08:46 AM
Ishi,
I'd be happy to share my nerdness with you. I made a powerpoint of the Training course---including the course map and pictures of all the jumps....in order. :D
Now, someone just tell me how to attach a powerpoint?

LexInVA
May. 3, 2007, 09:00 AM
There is supposed to be a "Manage Attachment" button available on the posting composition controls but it has to be enabled by the moderator/admins. I can't post attachments but that's how it works.

Invested1
May. 3, 2007, 09:04 AM
Well, I'm happy to email it to anyone who wants it. :D

Ishi
May. 3, 2007, 10:16 AM
Invested1 you are awesome! Wow! OK my email is Flynantucket@earthlink.net and I would love to see it. Thanks so much!

I get all weird about getting lost on XC. At Area IX Championships last year I would have won Novice by 9 points, on my dressage score...but, I jumped a regular Novice fence and not the Championship one. So stupid, I couldn't believe I did it, and I just cantered around, finished the course, all happy, within time, just tickled. Until I saw the scoreboard, I had no idea. The two jumps were right next to each other. I felt a little silly :D So now, I am a course walking fool!!!

I can't wait to meet everyone, I met Dr D at Morven and know a few other CoTHers but this should be a lot of fun!

Invested1
May. 3, 2007, 10:34 AM
Ok, just sent it! :D

You really won't get lost on this course--it's fairly straightforward... :yes:

Invested1 you are awesome! Wow! OK my email is Flynantucket@earthlink.net and I would love to see it. Thanks so much!

I get all weird about getting lost on XC. At Area IX Championships last year I would have won Novice by 9 points, on my dressage score...but, I jumped a regular Novice fence and not the Championship one. So stupid, I couldn't believe I did it, and I just cantered around, finished the course, all happy, within time, just tickled. Until I saw the scoreboard, I had no idea. The two jumps were right next to each other. I felt a little silly :D So now, I am a course walking fool!!!

I can't wait to meet everyone, I met Dr D at Morven and know a few other CoTHers but this should be a lot of fun!

Janet
May. 5, 2007, 07:09 PM
Since a couple of people asked me to report back- I measured the Training course, and I got a distance within 30 m of the stated length.

Dr. Doolittle
May. 5, 2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks Janet! :)

I was thinking, I never got a chance to see Janet after I spied her wheeling the course, and asked her to tell me what length she found it to be...;)

GreyTrakehner92
May. 5, 2007, 09:20 PM
here's how my day went.. oh! im so happy!!

dressage- i was expecting to come out last because she doesnt quite grasp the concept of getting round, or accepting the bit.. but improving verrrrrry quickly (btw.. any suggestions on soft bits for a head tosser??) so we were 11 out of 13 after dressage.. i was literally in tears with happines

XC- AMAZING! only one refusal at a rather large box coop. it was... IMO much too big for BN, but she went over it the second time, no problems with the water, flowers, anything, just go go go. this moved us up to 9th

Stadium- REALLY REALLY REALLY colorful jumps.. not good, as she has only really been doing plain white, with a few colors. Suprisingly though, with my spurs,crop, and a whoooole lot of leg, she didnt refuse, knock a rail, or get time faults. she went double clear! wooTTT! but... because all the other horses did equally well in stadium (with the exeption of two horses) we stayed in 9th.

This is definately the proudest i've ever been in my entire life. i went with a goal of just getting through the day with out getting eliminated. She went far beyond anybody's expectations, and im so proud of her. Shes definately improving.. and hey, its only uphill from here right?:D

Dr. Doolittle
May. 5, 2007, 09:58 PM
Good for you, GreyTrakener! :D

It sounds like you had a great, confidence-building experience, which will just set the stage for more success down the road :yes:

(This sport is addictive, isn't it? I'm just regretting that I'm getting just too old and broken-down to be doing it for much longer, so will have to stick to "just coaching"...which is, in itself, pretty gratifying...:))

A big congrats to RideIrish, who finished 3rd in her division--and Pied Piper, who finished 8th in hers! :D

I didn't get to actually meet Synrgystc, but we left notes and voice mails, and I *finally* got to actually talk to her (via cell phone), as I was getting a ride home from one of my students (I left my rig at FP, and my jump-judging husband went home in his other car...luckily for us, we live only about 4 miles from Frying Pan!)

We will be able to give you our report(s) after tomorrow. :)

PiedPiper
May. 6, 2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks Dr. D! :D

It was an interesting day to say the least. First dressage warm up started off by being yelled at twice by a "professional" that apparently doesn't know her left from her right while she is accusing me of the same thing. ;) Then apparently wanting to get to dressage SO fast that I skip over the person who is suppose to go before me and go in out of order. :eek: I am pulled out before I get into the ring and sit sheepishly there while until my real time. :cool:

Dressage - Frankly felt like a disaster. Matt has come so far at home and in general that I was expecting a much better ride. I knew the indoor would be a problem but was worse than expected. I left the ring very shaken and frustrated with myself in regards to this horse. He is SO difficult to ride. One professional has already told me that he is the most responsive and sensitive horse they have ever sat on. My disappointment was with myself and my lack of focus on each step of the test. I should be able to finesse a better ride from this horse than I do and it is upsetting when I don't. Anyway, after a good crying jag in the dressing room we moved on to the next phase. :sadsmile:

Stadium - We have been working A LOT on stadium and going to many many tedious hunter shows to work on our fluidity and the scary plastic flowers. He warmed up superbly and waited by the ring till our turn. Went into the ring and did a nice lap around to sneak a look at the jumps. ;) He was a little "looky" but as soon as we picked up our canter he was spot on. I at talked to my barn owner (who wonderfully came out to help me warm up and give me multiple pep talks with a 4 year old in tow. The 4 year old was AMAZING under the circumstances and a real trooper.) Anyway, the BO asked me about my song preference to help keep our rhythm. THis horse, above all else, wants you to rhythmic in your jumping. He will handle everything as long as you flow with him. Anyway I said "Mary Had A Little Lamb" which the BO thought would be too slow. She suggested "Jingle Bells" which I counter with "Jingle Bell Rock". So that was settled.

Well I spent the time in there going between doing a regular count of strides, to Mary Had a Little Lamb, to Jingle Bells! Couldn't keep a song straight in my head! :eek: Seriously only I can't pick a damn song and instead engage in a inner argument. :winkgrin: But Matt did great and we were double clear.

Cross Country - I was worried about the footing being slick due to the rain. (What the hell happened to the suny and 70's they were calling for!?!) He is barefoot now in the back so less concerned than last year where we had glue ons all the way around.

Did very little warm up since it was right after stadium. I was surprised by the number of people I saw in my division doing a "real" warm up though they had just jumped around stadium not 30 minutes before. :confused: The footing was slick in warm up and the jumps were on a slight hill so we popped over one jump and called it ready.

Matt was spot on again and calm and quiet. Left the start box wondefully and locked on to the first jump. I watched my turns due to the footing but other than that this horse new his job out there and was rearing to go. Lost a stirrup over the jump before the water so went to stick as a reminder since we were a little "unorganized" coming to it and knew it was causing problems. Matt did great and didn't break stride. Circled when we went back into the cow field and called a warning to FrittSkitts (who was bundled up there jump judging. A big thanks to all those who volunteered especially yesterday. That weather was very unpleasant!) and we headed home.

He was careful about the footing, never slipping, popped over the last jump and galloped through the finish flags. Thanks for all those that cheered for us, we could hear you loud and clear!:D

It was an interesting day to say the least but a good day. We were in a good size division and ended well though we definitely have room to improve. Nice to see all lots of friends there especially ones I haven't seen in a while. :D We finally pulled out of there around 6 with a nice brown ribbon and Matt munching away on his dinner. Need to get Hero out cross country schooling and then sign him up for some HTs.

I always want to say what an AMAZING husband I have for giving up his birthday to come support and groom for me yesterday. I made a Peanut Butter Silk pie late last night since we were celebrating with brunch today but I can't say enough how much I appreciate everything this man does for me. :D Also should plug my parents (who endlessly support myself and my sibling whenever we need it) and my inlaws who don't understand why on earth I do this but come out to see me ride nevertheless. And my MIL who still doesn't understand that a BIG RED golf umbrella is not the best thing to have around lots of horses. :eek: :cool:

Ride Irish
May. 6, 2007, 03:41 PM
Thanks Dr. D. I couldn't be more pleased with my giant pony!

Dressage was probably one of our best test. Although, all is remeber is trying to ride deep into my corners, have accurate figures and hit the marks. Something my trainer really wanted me to work on. We were tied for fourth with a 31.1. Someone in my division got a 20! I would have loved to seen that test, I bet it was beautiful.

XC was a blast. However, while warming up the rain got to me. I was soaked and like Pided Piper really worried about the footing and for a moment wanted to go back to the trailer and call it a day (I am a former hunter jumper princess and do not like rain or slippery footing :-) Silver, however, could have cared a less and jumped around like a pro. Though he did give 9 a very strong look because, of course, that jump is not suppose to be there! I gave a tap on his rump and over he went. It wasn't pretty but we got the job done! B Street your advice for the water was dead on. He cantered right in, trotted through without hesitation (2 years ago before the water we had 3 stops and got eliminated at the water...he has come a long way!). I was worried about making time and almost ran over the poor girl before me at the last 3 jumps. I had to really hold him back since I really didn't want to add jumping another horse to the list! We finished under op time!

Stadium was also one of his best rounds. He was forward, happy and didn't back off at a thing. We even made 2 in the 2 stride (which when going away from the in gate is an accomplishment). The course was so much fun to ride. Gigi really sets great courses.

So we finished tied for 2nd, but the other rider was 3 seconds within op time. That's the way to work the clock! We ened 3rd and I am so incredibly happy. Last year was tough for us. A lot of reschooling and learning to trust and believe in one another, but it appears it has paid off!

Pied Piper, GreyT (we met at Gordonsdale last weekend) and everyone else a big congrats! Dr. D let us know how today went.

Hopefully we will be at Rubicon, however, I may be leading my 5 year old niece and her beautiful new pony at Upperville. So if not Rubicon maybe CDCTA.

I love the darkside and all you eventers. It's such a nice supportive group of people!

Dr. Doolittle
May. 6, 2007, 07:05 PM
if you can get someone ELSE to haul you there and groom for you :lol:

PP, I need to call you back; when you called my cell phone, I was screening my video footage from this weekend, and then *frantically* getting a VHS tape ready to record Rolex at 5:00. :p

It sounds like you had a great day yesterday (not counting dressage...argh! Dressage in that indoor is *always* tough--which is why since I have a choice, I would rather get up really early on Saturday, and get that outdoor ring! ;)) Your horse is definitely a "complicated fellow", and not an easy ride--kudos to you for hanging in there with him through "the learning curve", and taking your time--it's *always* worth it in the long run! ;)) And kudos to the hubby--and to MY hubby also, who jump judged IN the rain--with no raincoat :sigh:, and also helped me out ALL weekend--as well as hosting a BBcue on Friday night for students and friends..:) He never takes a day off from work, and here he takes ONE day off--Friday--and I say: do you mind helping me prepare for the HT? And helping me clean tack and pack the car--and then grill some burgers?? (THAT part he didn't mind, :lol:) They are polshing these guys' halos in heaven :yes:

RideIrish--I am SO pleased that you had such a great weekend--you PROFOUNDLY deserve it! :yes: It tickles me no end that the "S Man" seems to *finally* be coming around and getting with the program, O/F. (It's always been him and *not* you, but I think sometimes you have blamed yourself--most of the time it *is* the rider's fault, but NOT always! :p) Anyway, a huge congrats to you, and look forward to seeing you guys at Rubicon :)

Okay, on to *my* report...After last week at Loudoun (where I got a dressage score that had me scratching my head a bit--it put me in 17th after dressage, which is pretty unusual for my pretty Princess :eek:--after which I managed to climb up to 5th in the final standings, to my pleased astonishment :p); this weekend I think I got "gifted" (must be that karma thing ;)), because I really didn't think my test was that great, but for some reason, Heidi Berry gave me a 33% :confused: (Hey, I'll take it...right?!? :))

So then I spend ALL day Saturday (after my dressage test) coaching, hand-holding, warming up 4 students for all their phases, running from one warmup area to another, chaecking on my horse periodically (who was in a stall, thank goodness), and otherwise exhausting myself...My legs/hips/back were lead/jello/wood after an entire day of this--not to mention running myself ragged the 4-5 *preceding* days (of course I didn't feel it last night, after several beers, but I felt it this morning, believe me :rolleyes:: 40 minutes of stretching after I got out of bed, 3 Ibuprofen, Mineral Ice, ThermaCare heatpacks, etc.) At least my students ALL completed, most of them were *just* barely out of the ribbons, though the one with the ditchy mare went around CLEAN today X-country :D, plus got a decent dressage score yesterday: she wound up with a couple rails in stadium, and was 7th--would've been 4th, but a pin is a pin--and in her case, this makes TWO HTs in a row where her mare has sailed over ditches and Trakehners without a peek--plus, as of today, she is now qualified for Prelim! :D

Okay, on to me...the Princess was a rockstar today--cruised over X-country like a pro, and it was *just* what I needed, since I was in bad shape beforehand (muscle spasms in my back and hip, quadriceps full of lactic acid :sigh:), but she did her job and was wonderfully rideable; I had to throttle back at the end since I wanted be as close to the optimum time as possible (I was tied for 3rd after dressage), and wound up about 17 seconds under--but she came back to me smoothly and easily every time I asked, with no fighting whatsoever, and went around the whole course *stepping* over everything, out of stride :D Like a damn pro event horse, and ready for Prelim (IF my body doesn't fall apart first! :lol:)

In stadium, everyone was having rails--only 3 clear rounds in my divison of around 20! (The course looked--after walking it--nicely flowing and rideable, with a few of the "typical GeGi tricks" thrown in there ;)) I figured: I can move up, since my mare NEVER has rails (except for at her Training debut, where her brain went AWOL, and she literally *crashed through* the Surefire panel :rolleyes:); otherwise, she's always WAY up over everything. How wrong I was! :p She was mostly very smooth, and I rode it exactly as I had planned to, but she came down to the Swedish oxer, and just "skimmed" the front rail with a front toe--and down it came! :sigh: (Apparently, according to onlookers, I said the "S word" :lol:) Otherwise we were clear and within the time, so we now had a total of 37.0; I thought, Hmmm: since so many people were having rails, maybe I didn't move down after all!?! (But impossible to know, of course, until the scores are up...)

Fortunately, DRPC is WICKED fast with the scores, so they were announcing my division's results as I had just finished helping my student in the very next division after mine! We wound up second! :D (Would have been first without the rail, but I'll take it--especially after the "gift of a dressage score" :))

Whew! :D (I was so VERY pleased with the girl--LOTS of kisses and horse treats for "Her Majesty", who took good care of her battered old mom today, and was simply a *pleasure* to ride...:yes:)

Among the other "aforementioned COTHers", I saw B Street Tango--who took a good pic of me going through the second water complex, apparently; (thanks B Street! ;)); and Ishi, who was in street clothes, so I guess wasn't riding after all?? (didn't find out what was up there, but I'm sure we will ;)); Invested, who came to cheer me on (among others), Invested's friend, who was competing in BN (and who I *think* is on the board?); artienallie, who came to our BBque on Friday--she can tell you what happened with *her* pretty chestnut mare today!; Synrgystic, whom I *finally* got a chance to meet--and had a nice chat with :); and Janet, who was with her sister Gillian (and in street clothes), and who after checking the board, I realized she had retired after dressage! :confused:; I'm sure she will fill us in on what happened with Belle!

And lest I forget, my COTHer students: the "most determined" flyingtails, and "uber groom" Aspiretojump higher (who makes ALL other grooms and helpers look bad--and "pale in comparison"--with her efficiency and cheerfullness--God bless the woman, she was indispensible to me this weekend...:yes:)

Anyway, AECs here we come?? Hmmm...Have to think about that one! :p

Dr. Doolittle
May. 6, 2007, 07:14 PM
And another thing: the hubby, who was JJing the mushroom jump, was very complimentary of Pied Piper: he said "when she came in through the gate to jump 11, she made a good decision to circle--she didn't wait for him to screw up, but instead made a smart schooling decision--and took her time"...(Good job PP--and see how well I've trained the hubby?? :D)

B Street Tango
May. 6, 2007, 07:24 PM
I had so much fun yesterday and today watching/cheering on all my friends and acquaintances. I just started eventing about 3 years ago and once upon a time didn't know anyone...now I feel like a little social butterfly running from ring to ring to XC to Stadium trying to see everyone that I know go! :D

Congrats to ALL who made it around and an extra big cheer to those who came home with a pretty, colorful piece of polyester!

Ishi did ride but she was first in the division so finished up and did the quick change! I'll let her fill in actual details but she and her horse looked great.

I just want to give an extra little plug to PiedPiper because she's been SUCH a trooper, working so hard with Matt and they looked amazing in Stadium and XC. They are going to be serious competitors once they get it put it together!

Synrgystic, I have some pictures of you, if you'd like me to email them just PM me with your addy.

Dr. Doolittle
May. 6, 2007, 07:34 PM
B Street--thanks for the *great* pic!! :D (Really nice work; perhaps you can "moonlight" for GRC if you want to pick up some extra $$$ :p)

B Street Tango
May. 6, 2007, 07:35 PM
OH, I know what else I wanted to say...well, actually ask, Where the HECK do y'all find these UBER supportive husbands? PP, I already thought your hubby was a saint for all the schooling/shows he comes to and is your official horse holder/photographer...but on his BIRTHDAY?! And Dr. D, you have yours JJing, too?! Okay, if you can't tell me where to find one, can I at least send him to your bootcamp to train him properly when I DO finally find him?! :lol:

B Street Tango
May. 6, 2007, 07:37 PM
B Street--thanks for the *great* pic!! :D (Really nice work; perhaps you can "moonlight" for GRC if you want to pick up some extra $$$ :p)

Funny you should say that, the lady that was shooting stadium today asked me if I'd like to make a little extra money with my camera. :) Said she could here my shutter and seemed like I had pretty good timing. I tried to find Gary to talk to but he was a wee bit busy. I'll try emailing him instead.

Ishi
May. 6, 2007, 07:57 PM
It wasn't our best HT to date, but it was one of the most fun! Had a not great dressage test (rode the first half missing one stirrup!) and still managed a 35, which is not good for that horse. All I can say is that at 7:45 in the morning, he was a saint with me hanging on his mouth trying to be all graceful about finding my stirrup for about 2 minutes :D

Today was great. I had to pull up almost to a halt in front jump #2 in avoid some people walking. The volunteers were trying to get them to move (I could hear them) but I was wondering being first on XC if maybe they didn't know I was on course yet? Anyway, it was my boy's first Training, I was 7 strides from jump #2 (bigish table into woods) and I thought it best to circle, get him back together (he was flustered at the massive half halt to almost walk!) and go on. I was really happy though, he jumped everything great, the faster speed wasn't an issue and man, that Irish bank thing was fun!!!

Stadium was fun. Seemed like it was hard. Mikey is still green there too, jumped 5 great, 6A great, and looked HARD at 6B, I hard to ride it pretty hard and we had a hind rail. Other then a that and a green moment between 1 and 2 he was solid.

Here are some pictures B Street took of Mikey and I. She is a wonderful photographer!!!

Dressage:
"Look Ma, no stirrup!" :lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/FlyACK/Mikey/IMG_5298.jpg

To the Irish Bank
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/FlyACK/Mikey/IMG_5453-1.jpg
and up it
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/FlyACK/Mikey/IMG_5457.jpg

Stadium:
Whistling Dixie ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/FlyACK/Mikey/IMG_5487A.jpg
5A
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/FlyACK/Mikey/IMG_5491.jpg
and 9
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/FlyACK/Mikey/IMG_5492.jpg

It was really, really, really a fun HT. I'm a little sad my Prelim horse didn't go this weekend, but glad too, I NEVER would have made my time this morning! I met Lorree, who's horse was really big, especially walking next to my shorty this morning!

Janet
May. 6, 2007, 08:25 PM
and Janet, who was with her sister Gillian (and in street clothes), and who after checking the board, I realized she had retired after dressage! :confused:; I'm sure she will fill us in on what happened with Belle!
Three guesses, and the first two don't count. (I retired ON cross country, not after Dressage)

OneDaySoon
May. 6, 2007, 09:56 PM
Hi everyone,

I had a big fall from grace today (1st to 5th after stadium), but was really, really pleased with our 2nd Training run. There was a really good group at DRHT today and although I didn't meet any COTHs I kept asking everyone "are you a COTH?" and getting bewildered looks! What a great group of volunteers too...although I hear there were a couple of problems at XC jumps.

I was so glad we went clear on XC and will try to forgive my boy for doing a lovely looking stadium but reminding me not once, but three times, that he is still 6 and he will do with his long legs :eek: what he likes and that 1st place should never come that easy. Back to the drawing board.

Congrats to everyone who had a successful and sunny day.

steves
May. 6, 2007, 10:02 PM
results are posted

Dr. Doolittle
May. 6, 2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks, Steve! :)

As usual, you ran a *terrific* HT, which puts others to shame, regularly...:D

Wow, Ishi--your guy is *fabulous*! :) (Damn, that B Street is truly a gifted photographer--and should seriously consider AT LEAST moonlighting, if not changing careers! ;))

Okay, Janet--so what's the story?? (You're keeping us in suspense, here...)

OneDaySoon--sounds like you had a great day, stadium notwithstanding! (It's always great to pin, especially in a big division--but to lose 1st after X-C must have been frustrating! :sigh:)

I too have asked people whether they were "COTHers", and have received puzzled looks in response :uhoh: Don't let it stop you, though--there are a lot of us out there! ;)

NRB
May. 6, 2007, 10:46 PM
Three guesses, and the first two don't count. (I retired ON cross country, not after Dressage)

My guess, at the trakaner?

Janet
May. 6, 2007, 10:56 PM
My guess, at the trakaner?You got it.

The course rode absolutely PERFECTLY up to that point.

Dr. Doolittle
May. 7, 2007, 09:33 AM
Well, CRAP! :(

That sucks...so sorry! (And the next to last fence, too...:sigh:)

Are you going to go back and try to school it again, just to get her over it?

(Who knows, if you go to the AECs, they may have a similar one on the T course, but apparently Belle is "Trakehner particular", goes over others, but just doesn't like the one at FP--yes?)

artienallie
May. 7, 2007, 10:14 AM
Allie and I were not in the game this weekend. :sigh:

We had a surprisingly competent dressage ride on Saturday. It was our first time in the indoor, and Allie was convinced everything was going to eat her. Even with her heart pounding so hard I could feel it, we rode an accurate, steady test. Four 7's, one on our first center line! We've never done that before.

Sunday was just not happening. Both of us were off mentally, and it showed. She refused fence 1 XC, and stopped about 7 strides from fence 2. When I presented her again, she refused again. At that point I realized I wasn't up to fighting my horse over an entire course, and retired.

I'm still puzzling over what was going on with both of us yesterday.

Invested1
May. 7, 2007, 10:19 AM
I too have asked people whether they were "COTHers", and have received puzzled looks in response :uhoh: Don't let it stop you, though--there are a lot of us out there! ;)

And now I'll be easier to spot! My sister (bless her heart for trying to get into this stuff!) bought me a windbreaker in my colors! The coat is hunter green, then over the left breast is an embroidered bit, with "Invested" over top and "Interest" underneath--both in burgundy--our other color. I love it! :D

Dr. Doolittle
May. 7, 2007, 10:55 AM
Yes, what a nice gift!

(I got to see the jacket "in person" on Saturday, and was envious...hmmm, I don't have a B-Day for awhile, but Mother's Day is coming up! :winkgrin: Of course I don't have "colors"; my colors *used* to be red and black when I had bays, but now that I have an orange horse, I have had to switch to boring navy blue and white...:sigh:)

artienallie--even though you had a bad day, it's good that you were able to re-group, and "live to fight again" (as we were discussing after the fact...) With these dratted chestnut mares, nuthin' is ever just "easy"...:rolleyes: :D)

With luck, you can get into Rubicon, and have a good experience with her there (and then there's Elysian in a few weeks, too...)

In any case, it was great to see you all there, and it makes me think we should try to schedule another COTHer's get-together--so tough to do, alas, with everyone's busy schedules! :sigh:

PiedPiper
May. 7, 2007, 11:36 AM
Allie and I were not in the game this weekend. :sigh:

We had a surprisingly competent dressage ride on Saturday. It was our first time in the indoor, and Allie was convinced everything was going to eat her. Even with her heart pounding so hard I could feel it, we rode an accurate, steady test. Four 7's, one on our first center line! We've never done that before.

Sunday was just not happening. Both of us were off mentally, and it showed. She refused fence 1 XC, and stopped about 7 strides from fence 2. When I presented her again, she refused again. At that point I realized I wasn't up to fighting my horse over an entire course, and retired.

I'm still puzzling over what was going on with both of us yesterday.

I am so sorry to hear that but did want to say it was great meeting you! :D

artienallie
May. 7, 2007, 01:20 PM
I am so sorry to hear that but did want to say it was great meeting you! :D

Eh - I think I figured out what was going on. It's tough to make a horse do something you're not really sure you want to be doing. I got away with it in dressage, but I'm not at all surprised I didn't get away with it XC.

As you can tell, I'm not too burned up about it. I just wish I'd known earlier that my head wasn't going to be there - I would've scratched, because I know there were at least 2 folks on the waiting list.

It was great to meet you too! :D

May. 7, 2007, 01:33 PM
I had an interesting weekend. My dressage warm up was the best flat work I have ever had to date w/my horse. I was very very excited that we would most likely not be in the bottom 3rd, like usual. But enter indoor and my horse went bezerk! Like big time. Bucking, leaping thru the air, trying to go out the door. The only thing I could do was be as quite as possible and try to do the movements. He bucked and leapted thru the beginning of the training test and cantered SIDEWAYS down the long side before the circle at B. I was sweating bullets and hoping to stay on. The judge told me that she thought my horse was borderline dangerous and she was concerned about me jumping him. I explained to her that he has behaved this way 2times in his life. both times at DRPc and both times when he had to go in the indoor. So needless to say, we were 23rd out of 23.
Last year we got eliminated at the 2nd water on the training course so I was determined to not this year. Unfortunately, I overrode the vertical before the bank and he climbed over it, I became discombobulated and he stopped at the bank up ( he cantered up it last yr no prob but there was no veritcal). Represented and he jumped. We had a stop at the 2nd water, so i trotted down the side and let him get his feet wet. Represented and he stopped again. This time he got a whack and he jumped in. The trak rode really really well. Probably the best fence that day for us.
Show jumping was challenging. I did have a stop at fence 1 (rolltop) but on 2nd approach he jumped it. He was one of a few that kept all the rails up. We ended up finishing 15th.
So some disappointing stuff and some good stuff.
Thanks to all the volunteers and for an effeciently run event.
Also, I met Janet while she was wheeling the course at the tiger trap.

Dr. Doolittle
May. 7, 2007, 04:45 PM
2869, were you in the Training Rider division? On a big dark bay? Doing your test at around 3:45?

If so, I think you went shortly before one of my students in the indoor (she has a cute little grey mare with black points), because I remember seeing some similar "antics" from a horse with the above description--and thinking "Wow, that poor rider is certainly going through it!" :p (If that wasn't you, then you "were not alone"! ;))

It sounds like you got through it all, though--some snafus along the way notwithstanding. (And even moved up 8 places!) Are you coming back in August? If you enter OT, you will have a chance to ride in the outdoor ring--early in the day. (In your case, it might be a good idea! My mare is just *really tense* in there, which is why I always request dressage in the outdoor, even if I have to ride early in the AM...)

flyingtails
May. 7, 2007, 05:07 PM
This was our second Recongnized outing. And I was determined that unlike Redlands we get to finish. Wich we did. For whatever reason, my usually steady mare has decied she has had it with this wee crap, and a adopted a "screw you" attitude.

We warmed up beutifully for dressage, but put in a so so performance. Again she knows the test, and deems simply going through the movents at the appropriate letters as "sufficient." Nevermind being round and listening. The judge was fair in weighting our good moments, as she is lovely when she listens.

We were a disaster in warmp up for X country. She deciced she wasn't not going to take the jump if she was not allowed to run at it full speed. We proceeded to come out of the start box sideways and half up in the air, not even sure if we were going to make the first jump. But she locked on to it, charged it, made me pray and was fine the rest of the course, xcept at the water where she peaked hard, goint to walk from canter in two strides an putting her head WAAAYY down to it. I thought I was going to come sliding down her neck 4sure. But I managed to pull myself up with every bit of core muscle strength that I had and give her a wack at the same time behing the leg, and of she went, with me this time getting WAAAY left in the back seat.... oops. Thats what I get for getting all gung ho and trying to canter through the water instead of trotting. But I couldn't help myself. We just did the biggest jump on the BN, and the one I was very worried about beautifully, and landed in such a nice, easy, forward canter.....:yes: :yes: She sure as hell wasn't stopping in front of anything, and she was not really charging, though she did take a bit of strong hold toward the end, she could feel me get tired.

Same disaster warm up for stadium. But Dr D (trainer extrodinaire) intervened and sent us back to chill at elementary school by walking over the cross rail. We finally graduated to trotting in quietly and put in a good stadium though we did have two rails, both the second half of the combos, more my fault for not packaging her better. And we got one very awkward spot, again totally my fault, and left from Cleveland.

But I remembered the course and had a very game mare for 95% of Cross country, did our test accureately, (will work on the pretty later). And I'm happy overall, a positive experience and a complete Reconized HT under our belt. I'm sure by the end of the season once Ms. Big Britches (hmmm... might have to consider changing her show nameto that) gets over herlself, we will be super stars. On to Rubicon. Thanks Dr. D and Aspire2jumphigher for all your TREMENDOUS help. Mr, Dr. D and little D for all their awesome help and support of Dr D, the sport, and all of Dr D's students, and the juicy burgers and esp the coffee. And all those great Cothers cheering on on the board and on the HT grounds. I heard you all coming over the park bench btw! Ha ha. Cant wait for the pix to go up on GRC

Dr. Doolittle
May. 7, 2007, 05:27 PM
Yes, a great time was had by all, I think--at least in spite of the fact that unexpected rainshowers came in to "dampen the mood" on Saturday. :p

You're welcome, flyingtails, and though we have some things to work on re: your mare's "new and suddenly more take-charge attitude"--something which we have been addressing over the past several weeks--I think you will be able to "master" these issues (and your horse), and come away from this "training challenge" a better, wiser, and more "thinking horseman" than ever ;)...(I'm just glad I'm able to be there to help :))

On to Rubicon! :D

Janet
May. 7, 2007, 06:02 PM
Does anyone know what led to the "dangerous riding" penalty listed on the results?

kgeorge172
May. 7, 2007, 06:07 PM
Wow what fun. It was my first recognized, and now I can't wait for the next! My mare gave me a gift of a day on Saturday and carried me around like she's done this forever. Got a surprizingly low Dressage score and went double clear in XC and Stadium. Even if I had to run XC in the rain, this still counts as the best horse show ever!!!

drjuliea
May. 7, 2007, 07:28 PM
Invested, cool jacket! It was great seeing you again!

Apparently the indoor had boogey men for all of us! We warmed up well, but he was very looky, something that he normally is not, so I didn't quite know what to expect when we went inside. He had no problems with the judge, but apparently there were goblins in the white cones with letters! He spooked at A, spooked at M, and decided the white thing around him was meant to be jumped at the canter! Zoiks! The second half of the test was better, he started to settle and we got a pretty decent score.

We had a stop at #2 in the woods, he was so busy looking at all the people and the jump judges that it surprized him and I was simply a passenger and did nothing to prevent it. Doh, stupid rider. He bopped over easy the second time (oh, okay, mom, I get it!) and we had a great go. The rain started when we stepped into the start box and finished when we came across the finish. He was jumping (over-jumping) like a champ.

Stadium was PERFECT, truly! I keep watching the video over and over! I'm a proud mama.

Bambam, you rock as a groom and videographer, and yes, the magic stadium gloves will go with me to every event if I can smuggle them!

Janet, please tell your sister thank you for all the kind words about the Tex-she was talking to my coach in both XC and St warm up and said what an elegant boy he was and how she could see him learning with every jump, and even from XC to stadium. The fastest way to my heart is to compliment my horse!

PiedPiper
May. 8, 2007, 07:15 AM
Does anyone know what led to the "dangerous riding" penalty listed on the results?

I know, from talking to some jump judges, about one competitor and not sure if it is this person , who was completely out of controll. Her horse was refusing multiple BN jumps, rearing up, and she was hitting the horse (what was thought to be excessively), but continuing on. She was suppose to have been eliminated before jump 7 (where a friend was jj) but had continued on. She had a refusal, she hit the horse, the horse reared up and started coming down on top of the j.j who ran out of the way. I believe the rider was stopped at the next jump.

Anyway not sure if it was the same horse/rider but apparently there was alot of talk over the radios about this one.

Janet
May. 8, 2007, 09:03 AM
I know, from talking to some jump judges, about one competitor and not sure if it is this person , who was completely out of controll. Her horse was refusing multiple BN jumps, rearing up, and she was hitting the horse (what was thought to be excessively), but continuing on. She was suppose to have been eliminated before jump 7 (where a friend was jj) but had continued on. She had a refusal, she hit the horse, the horse reared up and started coming down on top of the j.j who ran out of the way. I believe the rider was stopped at the next jump.

Anyway not sure if it was the same horse/rider but apparently there was alot of talk over the radios about this one.
The actual score for Dangerous riding was in Training Rider.
http://drpc.ponyclub.org/may07results.html?section=calendar&event=13415

May. 8, 2007, 09:03 AM
Dr d: yup that was me! i was happy to stay on:) Last year I rode training in the outdoor ring. I was pretty disappointed to learn I was in the indoor cause he had the same reaction 2 yrs ago. I probably wont be back til next spring. I was there in Aug 2 yrs ago and the ground was very hard and it was brutally hot. I heard last year it was 102 degrees.

Off to Plantation this weekend and then to Rubicon. Hope to see your there. (your students grey was adorable!)

Ride Irish
May. 8, 2007, 09:27 AM
Congrats Flyingtails!!! I'm sorry I didn't get to see you and others like Piped Piper go. I thought with all the time between phases I could catch some rides, but for some reason I never seemed to have long periods of down time and when I did I just needed to chill.

Piped Piper - Matt looks fabulous!

I was hoping to go to Rubicon but I think I am scratching since neither Gillian or Yvonne will be there. We are doing well, but I need their help and support to keep me confident. Too bad because I love the XC. So I entered CDCTA. Does anyone know about the BN course? I am thinking this is the first year they are having BN, but I could be wrong.

FrittSkritt
May. 8, 2007, 09:52 AM
The actual score for Dangerous riding was in Training Rider.
http://drpc.ponyclub.org/may07results.html?section=calendar&event=13415

Hmmm... not sure if I can recall any standout performances in TR for "dang riding," I was at the table thingie after the Irish Bank. Of course, I was also so bundled up that I looked very much like Kenny from South Park with my hoodie closed up to my eyes, so I was only able to see so much. :winkgrin:

May. 8, 2007, 10:12 AM
Does anyone know when the photos will be posted on the web?

Dr. Doolittle
May. 8, 2007, 10:23 AM
Gary said Tuesday (today), but probably later in the day...

Janet
May. 8, 2007, 11:00 AM
So I entered CDCTA. Does anyone know about the BN course? I am thinking this is the first year they are having BN, but I could be wrong. CDCTA is running BN for the first time this year. It is intended to be very straightforward and inviting. I may know more after the meeting tonight. But I think it will, inevitably, be hilly.

Synrgystyk
May. 8, 2007, 11:31 AM
Synrgystic, I have some pictures of you, if you'd like me to email them just PM me with your addy.

Consider yourself PM'd! :D

Lorree

CamsMom
May. 8, 2007, 12:00 PM
My daughter and I (GT 92) were jj on Sunday at jump 10 and got a few photos. The links to the photos are below. If anyone would like their photo, PM me and I will e-mail it to you.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/CamnGreyson/xcountryschooling055.jpg?t=1178639448

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/CamnGreyson/xcountryschooling054.jpg?t=1178639745

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/CamnGreyson/xcountryschooling053.jpg?t=1178639767

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/CamnGreyson/xcountryschooling052.jpg?t=1178639802

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/CamnGreyson/xcountryschooling051.jpg?t=1178639825

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/CamnGreyson/xcountryschooling050.jpg?t=1178639851

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/CamnGreyson/xcountryschooling049.jpg?t=1178639873

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/CamnGreyson/xcountryschooling048.jpg?t=1178639898

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/CamnGreyson/xcountryschooling047.jpg?t=1178639925

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/CamnGreyson/xcountryschooling046.jpg?t=1178639948

Synrgystyk
May. 8, 2007, 01:30 PM
I don't know if *all* of them are up...I didn't check beyond mine. But if they're not all up now, it shouldn't be too long.

Lorree

Dr. Doolittle
May. 8, 2007, 01:33 PM
Cool, thanks Lorree! ;)

May. 8, 2007, 01:54 PM
What is the website?

GreyTrakehner92
May. 8, 2007, 03:11 PM
WOOOT!! oh my goodness! this is just what i needed for a little pick-me-up. My greenie looks so good! i was so proud of her! first show... place 9th, but hey!!! thats good for a first show! heres the link to my pics, let me know what you think of her!

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=0EBK00443E&b=0&t=-1&start=0&password=

PiedPiper
May. 9, 2007, 06:52 AM
Well I must say that BStreets definitely rival these! :D

Definitely happy with the monster. :D

Oh, and can I tell you I have now damned myself by riding in the barn owner's Deavecoux!?! I now realize that my swinging leg, yep my saddle, my inability to keep my butt out of the saddle in two point, yep my saddle again. :eek:

I tooled around in her saddle yesterday to see Matt's reaction to new equipment (he had a mental breakdown last week and we weren't sure if it was bc of her putting her saddle on or if it was just that all the hamsters jumped off their wheels again ;) ) and popped over some jumps at home.

Ugh, it was great. Just superb and I was right "there" instead of all over the place. So that now clinches that I need two new saddles.

damn

B Street Tango
May. 9, 2007, 08:19 AM
Well I must say that BStreets definitely rival these! :D

Definitely happy with the monster. :D

Oh, and can I tell you I have now damned myself by riding in the barn owner's Deavecoux!?! I now realize that my swinging leg, yep my saddle, my inability to keep my butt out of the saddle in two point, yep my saddle again. :eek:

I tooled around in her saddle yesterday to see Matt's reaction to new equipment (he had a mental breakdown last week and we weren't sure if it was bc of her putting her saddle on or if it was just that all the hamsters jumped off their wheels again ;) ) and popped over some jumps at home.

Ugh, it was great. Just superb and I was right "there" instead of all over the place. So that now clinches that I need two new saddles.

damn

Aw, thanks PP!

I should have warned about her saddle! She hates my saddle, which as you know, is the same as YOUR saddle. ;) She's the devil, she wants everyone in one of those! LOL. I had hers on loan a couple of times for lessons and it's dreamy. You wanna go halvesies on a jumping saddle, too?! :winkgrin:

Janet
May. 9, 2007, 09:17 AM
My guess, at the trakaner?
If you want to SEE it-
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=0EBK00440O&b=0&t=-1&start=0&password=
pictures 4 - 7

Invested1
May. 9, 2007, 10:31 AM
If you want to SEE it-
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=0EBK00440O&b=0&t=-1&start=0&password=
pictures 4 - 7

Link doesn't work....

LexInVA
May. 9, 2007, 10:35 AM
This should be the correct link. (http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=0EBK00440E&b=0&t=-1&start=0&password=) :)

Janet
May. 9, 2007, 10:42 AM
This should be the correct link. (http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=0EBK00440E&b=0&t=-1&start=0&password=) :)
Except that isn't me. I am number 28.

You can get to me from there by clicking on "back to main event" and then on "028"

Or I will try the direct link again
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=0EBK00440O&b=0&t=-1&start=0&password= (http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=0EBK00440O&b=0&t=-1&start=0&password=0)

LexInVA
May. 9, 2007, 11:22 AM
Oops. I forgot to put the zero in where it belonged. :lol:

Invested1
May. 9, 2007, 11:40 AM
Janet--LOVE your salute picture in your dressage test! :yes:

B Street Tango
May. 9, 2007, 03:51 PM
Janet, I love the picture over the picnic table!

And sorry, I'm the person in the way of your up-bank photo. ooops. I looked at where the photographer was and thought I was far enough to the side so as not to obstruct the actual picture.

Dr. Doolittle
May. 9, 2007, 04:25 PM
Yes, Janet has some NICE pix there! (And some really good ones of your dressage--looks to me like you may have gotten a bit ripped off on your score...:sigh:)

As for the Trakehner, she sure did say no! (You did a good job of staying on...!)

I actually e-mailed Gary last week and suggested that he take pix of the picnic table and the Trakehner on the Training course (sorry, Janet :uhoh:); apparently he took my advice! :p (At Loudoun at Morven, they took pix over some of the smaller and less interesting X-country jumps, for some reason...I thought I would put a "bug in his ear" about getting shots of everyone over some of the more "challenging" stuff, since that's what we tend to want to see. ;))

Janet
May. 9, 2007, 04:36 PM
As for the Trakehner, she sure did say no! (You did a good job of staying on...!) Actually, I didn't. but they didn't show that bit. Just couldn't quite work my way back into the saddle.

GreyTrakehner92
May. 9, 2007, 07:52 PM
These are my three favorite of me and my horse.. 1 from each phase.. we only did BN, but she sure was a superstar considering it was her first event!!

Fav. stadium pic
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?EventOrderZoom?i=0EBK00443E0009&a=F6352FCA938AF6E423FDB35737B8A82DC70E415959B0AE39 64824239A74F4A50&w=800&h=528
Fav. XC pic
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?EventOrderZoom?i=0EBK00443E0017&a=F6352FCA938AF6E423FDB35737B8A82DE751867D5DDF795A DE7A7565F9ACF091&w=800&h=528
annddd!! Fav dressage pic.
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?EventOrderZoom?i=0EBK00443E0045&a=F6352FCA938AF6E423FDB35737B8A82D4DBF14E439A99552 5040AE03553B004B&w=800&h=524

take a look and tell me what you think!:D

artienallie
May. 9, 2007, 11:55 PM
When I'm not sure I'm really ready for XC, Allie can tell:

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK00445I0002&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

And although I can bluff my way a bit:

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK00445I0005&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

The results tend to be a bit ugly:

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK00445I0006&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Ah well.

OneDaySoon
May. 10, 2007, 04:25 PM
Except that isn't me. I am number 28.

You can get to me from there by clicking on "back to main event" and then on "028"

Or I will try the direct link again
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=0EBK00440O&b=0&t=-1&start=0&password= (http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=0EBK00440O&b=0&t=-1&start=0&password=0)

Wow - Janet how much did you pay Gary for all those extra photos :D ?!!! I am impressed and you and your horse look great.

Here's my little slideshow. This was our 2nd time Training and I am (errr...maybe my horse is) the bozzo :mad: that tried to take all the rails home (versus leaving them in their cups), after being in 1st place after dressage and cross country. He's a baby and I am old enough to be his great great great great great grandmother. Hopefully the link will work.

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?adisp?a=381451&t=1&b=30002