PDA

View Full Version : Rolex Entries Posted!!!

Shrapnel
Mar. 19, 2007, 02:05 PM
Rolex Entries are out! Only 25 so far....

www.rk3de.org

"2007 event"

Ja Da Dee
Mar. 19, 2007, 02:47 PM
WHOHOOO!!! Go Becky and Comet!!

shea'smom
Mar. 19, 2007, 04:37 PM
I hope there are somemore entries winging their way there after this weekend. Karen and Teddy aren't even on there. I know she will make the right decision, but I hope the go! And I hope there are some International entries.

deltawave
Mar. 19, 2007, 05:51 PM
Where's Ralph Hill?? Rolex without Ralph winging his way around with a song and a grin (and really bad socks at the Sunday jog) is...unthinkable.

But I'll be rooting for Sara and Tony, as usual. :yes:

polo3day
Mar. 19, 2007, 05:58 PM
Whatever happened to Sara and Tony last year at Blenheim? I must have missed the thread - I was all excited to see them compete and then I don't think they did... I presume it was minor injury or strain? Since they are back at it now! Wow, Rolex three years in a row - what an accomplishment.

lstevenson
Mar. 19, 2007, 06:08 PM
Where's Ralph Hill?? Rolex without Ralph winging his way around with a song and a grin (and really bad socks at the Sunday jog) is...unthinkable.

I agree! I just talked to him 2 weeks ago, and he said he was planning on going. He probably just doesn't want to jinx himself by entering this early. So lets keep our fingers crossed that Billy is "good to go", as Rolex definitely would not be the same without Ralph! :)

bhrunner06
Mar. 19, 2007, 06:08 PM
Go Ursula and BRU!

Shrapnel
Mar. 19, 2007, 09:48 PM
He probably just doesn't want to jinx himself by entering this early.

I'm sure many riders are that way. I know Jan Byyny is hoping to take Waterfront. Karen is hoping to take Teddy. I would assume Darren would be wanting to take Windfall or Better I do It.

Didn't see any British entries. I know William Fox-Pitt won't be there. Rolex isn't on his 2007 schedule. Is Leslie Law still riding Another Garrison?? Do you think they would run Rolex?

Great to see Clayton Fredricks on there!! I hope all goes well for him between now and then and is able to make the trip over to compete.

Let's hope there are MANY more entries to come...

maxxtrot
Mar. 19, 2007, 09:54 PM
no ralph this year as i hear from this weekend. can't give a reason but he is a no go with billy, sorry guys. i was planning on going to see him again this year, but just not the same without him there.;(

lstevenson
Mar. 19, 2007, 10:09 PM
no ralph this year as i hear from this weekend. can't give a reason but he is a no go with billy, sorry guys. i was planning on going to see him again this year, but just not the same without him there.;(

Oh NO! :(

VTHokie
Mar. 19, 2007, 10:21 PM
Go Melissa and Just Fun Stuff!!
Xpress and I will be cheering for you. :cool:

Equa
Mar. 19, 2007, 11:11 PM
And I hope there are some International entries.[/QUOTE]

There already ARE some international entries::
Boyd Martin and Ying Yang Yo
Clayton Fredericks and Benalong Time
Ryan Wood and Koyuna Azgard (go Woodzy & Garfield!)
Hopefully we'll also send over Heath Ryan and Flame, and I think Emily Anker and Balmoral Cavalier are thinking about making the trip again.

eks
Mar. 19, 2007, 11:14 PM
Nice to see Phillip listed as a USA rider!

Still hoping there is a way Ralph will go...

I would love to see JAM jump around Rolex.

Speedy
Mar. 20, 2007, 10:05 AM
Another one here cheering for Melissa and Fun!!! YAY MELISSA!!! YAY FUN!!!

asterix
Mar. 20, 2007, 10:39 AM
Boyd Martin and Ying Yang Yo were QUITE the pair to watch last year -- I am looking forward to seeing them this year for sure!!!

snoopy
Mar. 20, 2007, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=Shrapnel;2300902] Is Leslie Law still riding Another Garrison?? Do you think they would run Rolex?

George was sold so I do not think he will be riding him at rolex.

bambam
Mar. 20, 2007, 10:45 AM
I am bummed to hear there will be no Ralph or William FP this year. LOVE watching them both go.
I would not worry too much about the number of entries at this point. My recollection is that the first posting has been a bit paltry at least for the last few years although I do not remember whether 25 is particularly low or not. Entries were low in 2005 (40 range maybe) but there were identifiable reasons for it.

InVA
Mar. 20, 2007, 11:59 AM
I hope this is the year Philip Dutton WINS!!

AppJumpr08
Mar. 20, 2007, 12:46 PM
I can't wait to see Jammy jump around this year She is a super mare! :D

Impromptu
Mar. 20, 2007, 01:45 PM
Go Ursula and BRU!

Ursula isn't entered this year is she? I couldn't see her name on the entry list.

bwills2
Mar. 20, 2007, 01:58 PM
Way to go Jane Sleeper and UN!! :D Best of luck!

bambam
Mar. 20, 2007, 02:00 PM
Ursula isn't entered this year is she? I couldn't see her name on the entry list.
This is not the final entry list and she is one of the "featured riders" so Rolex was at least on her planned schedule although obviously things happen so it may not be anymore.

circusponydreams
Mar. 20, 2007, 03:45 PM
This is a good short list, and I would like to see more riders and some internationals on the list too. I agree that Phillip Dutton deserves a win, but I'll also be rooting for Jam. :yes:

Equibrit
Mar. 20, 2007, 04:42 PM
Isn't Badminton the following weekend?
They aren't taking any more entries.
http://www.badminton-horse.co.uk/

bambam
Mar. 20, 2007, 04:46 PM
Don't know about entires at Badminton but closing date for Rolex is next week so entries are not closed.

mythical84
Mar. 20, 2007, 04:49 PM
I saw Jam for the first time at Fair Hill last year ... what a cool cool mare.

Pictob
Mar. 20, 2007, 05:47 PM
I hope the list gets bigger, only one Canadian on there so far :(

Flower's Girl
Mar. 20, 2007, 06:10 PM
Yet another for Melis and Fun!!! I remember me and her Dad chasing her around the Prelim course on her craaaazy black mare Diamond!! She's come so far! And her chestnut mare, Expedience, is Quin's big sister! :D Have to root for Cahir too - I was his groom when he was a Novice and Training horse!

bhrunner06
Mar. 20, 2007, 06:44 PM

She is planning to go this year. She is a featured rider and unless something happens to her or Bru, she will be there! and lots of people from our barn will be there cheering her on!!!

maxxtrot
Mar. 20, 2007, 10:04 PM
i was just thinking about ralph not going and, did you know this will be the first rolex he has not ridden at in 25 yrs! he has had a ride every year till now.just not sure it will be the same without him:(

LessonLearned
Mar. 20, 2007, 10:14 PM
Last year was my first Rolex and I have to say, Ralph Hill was my favorite rider by far. It really seemed like he was enjoying himself out on the course -- he was great! I will miss seeing him (and his interesting socks) this year! :(

AppJumpr08
Mar. 20, 2007, 10:17 PM
I still have pictures somewhere of Jam doing one of her first XC schools with Buck in Ocala - she was sold to a woman in Maine as a baby, but was way too much horse for her... so eventually Bruce bought her back, and she's been a superstar ever since! It was cool to see her attack those XC fences as a baby though... just a glimmer of what was to come! :D:D

MyMare
Mar. 20, 2007, 11:47 PM
Here's one more GREAT BIG cheer for Melissa and Fun!!!!!!!!!!

Gracington
Mar. 21, 2007, 01:02 PM
a few more entries were added, the number of entries is now up to 28

QHEventr
Mar. 21, 2007, 02:53 PM
So happy to see Werner Geven back this year! He had a amazing ride last year on Esker and we can't wait to see what he has in store with his new ride!
I will absolutly be there to chear them on!

Johanna

olympicdreams04
Mar. 21, 2007, 03:19 PM
According to dear ol' bruce, Jam is the 'Perfect Horse'. I have my doubts, but she is an amazing mare. I am certainly rooting for them. I know that back last month there was a little talk of Scally (Reprint) going to Rolex this year, as he has come back nicely. Maybe there's a chance Ralph will still make it. *fingers, toes crossed*

MNP
Mar. 21, 2007, 06:03 PM
Where are Stephen Bradley and Leslie Law?

Shrapnel
Mar. 21, 2007, 09:52 PM
Where are Stephen Bradley and Leslie Law?

Leslie Law doesn't have a CCI4* horse anymore. Shear L'eau was retired last year.

I dont know about Stephen Bradley. I haven't seen him entered anywhere with Brandenburg's Joshua this year.

LessonLearned
Mar. 21, 2007, 09:57 PM
Here's to hoping for more entries! Any ideas why the numbers are so low?

ivy62
Mar. 21, 2007, 09:59 PM
where is Windfall 2 and Darren? They are awesome to watch in the dressage...small field anyone know why?

AffirmedHope
Mar. 21, 2007, 10:17 PM
No Kim Severson? :(

Shrapnel
Mar. 21, 2007, 10:20 PM
No Kim Severson? :(

Nope - She's going to Badminton instead.

REMEMBER - this is NOT the final entry list! I'm sure over the next week or so we will see more entries. Including Darren and Windfall (I hope! :) ).

BigMick
Mar. 22, 2007, 10:32 AM
I spoke to Hannah Burnett yesterday. She and Ben have entered. Hannah and her horse, Keep The Faith (Ben), finished 10th in the World Cup division at Red Hills this year.

You might remember this article published a few weeks ago.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070223/SPORTS08/702230492/1002/SPORTS

Everyone needs to cheer on this talented young rider!!!

*Battle Worthy*
Mar. 22, 2007, 12:30 PM
We're now up to 31!! Karen is entered with Woody, but where is Teddy? Also, Hannah is now on the list! I'm so excited to root on these young kids this year! :D

pwynnnorman
Mar. 22, 2007, 01:04 PM
So this is why all the emails.

To those inquiring about Teddy, I don't know why he isn't entered. I seem to be the last one informed, much less involved, lately.

gr8fulrider
Mar. 22, 2007, 02:05 PM
I check for him about every 13 seconds.

Noctis
Mar. 22, 2007, 02:17 PM
*chants* Teddy, Teddy, Teddy! (checking often as well)

pwynnnorman
Mar. 22, 2007, 05:09 PM
Oh, you guys (gals?)! My heart is like near-broke with the stress over this, but you made me smile. Thank you.

beeblebrox
Mar. 22, 2007, 05:31 PM
spoke to Gina Miles and one other and they are all headed OVER the pond and skipping ROLEX

Hmmm a bit thin this year to be sure but always a fabulous event and of course the SHOPPING is amazing!

LessonLearned
Mar. 22, 2007, 05:40 PM
I understand the need to represent internationally, but I have to say, that I am disappointed to see so few riders competing at our country's biggest event. I have been excited about going again since I got back from last year! :no: Although I suppose that with such a short list, I will have more time for shopping!

eventrider
Mar. 22, 2007, 06:11 PM
I want to see Connor (er Teddy) compete at Rolex as much as anyone, but I am sure that Karen will make the right decision and not run him if he is not ready. Remember that he does not have THAT much experience at this level and he has had some bobbles this season at Advanced x-c....that is not something you want to take a chance at going to Rolex. If he doesn't go this year I am sure we will see him next year when he is stellar at this level, not still learning. And to help Wynn, you know if he doesn't go it will be better to KNOW he can be solid next year than worry or take a chance at him getting hurt this year. No one wants to see him have stops or retire etc at Rolex. Again, Karen will make the right decision and I am sure she will not let everyone's opinion effect her decision. Three cheers!

Christan

Gunnar
Mar. 22, 2007, 06:54 PM
How many started last year? I went to the XC last year and I recall not as many of the original list did the XC. I cannot remember the actual numbers. If we have so few starting than how many will actually finish?

????????????

LessonLearned
Mar. 22, 2007, 07:00 PM
I just counted 56 on the scoreboard for last year -- this could make for a very short xc day! :(

Eventer13
Mar. 22, 2007, 07:47 PM
Up to 36.

pwynnnorman
Mar. 22, 2007, 09:06 PM
You're right, Christan--and you've got more right than most to point stuff out, too: he isn't having a great season. But his "bobbles" have never even hinted at being stops, much less anything retire-worthy (that's Seinfeldspeak--like "sponge-worthy"). And he's done four of the toughest three-stars (and I may have forgotten one or two--USEA's horse search is down right now), finishing in the top ten in two and never having more than one, single glance off or miscommunication issue anywhere, ever.

Personally--although I'm open to debate (and think it would be fun to mull over: I may own him, more or less, but I still reserve the right to armchair quarterback with him like anyone else would their favorite team)--I'd run him just for the experience, provided he could do the x-c safely. And that's especially since he gets so tense in dressage and with crowds, as happened at Red Hills. There just aren't that many venues with those kinds of crowds, so I'd worry that getting him used to them will continue to be problematic if he doesn't actually get to experience that atmosphere much.

Indeed, I can't help but think back to all the eventer personalities of the past and their pre-Rolex histories, issues and quirks--and in doing so, I find myself wishing, sometimes, that Teddy's size didn't have to be what makes his situation so different from others, such as those who go around just for the experience. (And, yeah, talk about trying to have your cake and eat it, too: Did I really write "size"? :winkgrin: )

eventrider
Mar. 22, 2007, 10:10 PM
Well...I don't think he is having a bad season at all. I think it is only natural to have bobbles the first season at that level (meaning a true advanced 4 star level),and I don't think it reflects on his overall performance or potential (of course I may be biased because I have ridden him around an advanced course) but I have NO DOUBT that he can and will do Rolex and do it well. But all I was trying to point out was that if he doesn't go around Rolex this year it is not the end of the world, nor a reflection on his ability. And I didn't mean to imply that he couldn't do it and would have to retire....I was just saying it is better as an owner to have your horse be really stellar and jump around Rolex like a walk in the park, than to have something happen (and we all know that even the most experienced horse can have problems for various reasons NOT related to ability). I know he can do it and for all the naysayers I have talked to recently....I know he can "make the distances", "jump the width" etc. So if Karen decides not to go this year, it has nothing to do with ability, or skill, but I would look at it as a very intelligent rider making the decision to have Connor get a little more experience and work out their communication issues, to quote Karen. And I am sure all his fans will understand and agree. Then again, Karen may say let's go...and if she does, I have full confidence in her decision. I know he can do it.
Whew....I was simply trying to point out that the decision to not go is not a reflection on his ability to jump around a 4 star course...that is all. Oh, and to give you some encouragement in case that is the decision. If he goes, I will give you the same encourgement too! I am rooting for you both, forever! Not sure this was much encouragement as it was meant to be in the first post...but oh well!

Christan

CookiePony
Mar. 22, 2007, 10:20 PM
Did anyone mention yet that Teddy's second installment is up on the Featured Riders page? Also Sara's and Jonathan Holling's third ones. :)
http://www.rk3de.org/featured_rider.php?id=11&pid=2

The bottom line is that the entries are an outstanding group, with even more sure to be added, and I am thrilled to be going!!

Shrapnel
Mar. 22, 2007, 10:20 PM
Well...I was totally wrong!

William Fox-Pitt is coming with Ballincoola!!!! :D

Also, Polly Stockton, Mary King :D AND Ian Stark!!!

AND another British rider I haven't heard of before! This is getting exciting!!!

For those of you who seem worried....RELAX! :yes:
I'm sure there are more U.S. entries to come don't worry!

riddlepadiddle
Mar. 22, 2007, 10:36 PM
Big cheers for Kristin Schmolze and Cavaldi! I'm such a big fan of hers (and Joey's) ever since I read an article about her. Good luck to them!

Oh and Melissa and Fun Stuff!

And hopefully we'll be seeing both O'Connor's together on this list (as in Karen and Teddy) because I'm such a fan of his as well!

Regal Grace
Mar. 22, 2007, 10:37 PM
I read in Eventing (April U.K. Edition) last week that Willliam, Mary and Polly were planning on coming to Rolex. Happy to see it was true!

Mary King is one of my all time favorites. Fingers crossed that she and Apache Sauce make it "across the pond" next month.

Noctis
Mar. 22, 2007, 11:52 PM
pwynnnorman: I hope Teddy goes, at least for the experience too! He is one HECK of a horse. I have not gotten to meet him in "person" yet, but have been following him for a while (I had a GREAT eventing pony when I was younger), and he's a doll!

Duramax
Mar. 23, 2007, 12:02 AM
From the first KOC Rolex installment:

"And guys…the dressage is coming. His flying changes are fairly solid, and he's very supple in his lateral work. The test has also improved a lot recently. By teaching him half steps for increased engagement, he can then transition into a pretty good medium trot. It is great fun for me to feel him start to understand what I am looking for in our work. Hopefully by Rolex, he will have a competitive test for all to see."

Ok, what are "half steps"? :confused:

I thought this was well written: :yes:

During this season, I will be very careful with Teddy to cover all the bases in his preparation, and I hope that we’ll be ready. However, I won’t start him at Rolex unless I am sure he can finish. I’m not ever in the business of proving to a horse what he can’t do; only to show him through education what he can do. Teddy could be my most profound candidate of this philosophy.

Eventer13
Mar. 23, 2007, 12:06 AM
Half-steps of Piaffe, I believe.

pwynnnorman
Mar. 23, 2007, 11:28 AM
Christan, don't worry: I didn't take your first post the wrong way. I really jsut wanted to discuss it a bit! (It helps to be able to let it out, sometimes :) .)

FYI, ya'll, Karen said the entry is just late, although the decision is NOT final.

Oh, and he's also doing a passage these days, too--the idea being that it might elevate his trot more, and perhaps produce a more brilliant extended trot. Er...that is, when he actually gets an extended trot (he doesn't really have one yet, impatient little firecracker that he is).

The entries look absolutely top class to me, I must admit. It's like a 2006 WEG/WEG selection trials re-match, except minus Poggio, :( .

kcooper
Mar. 23, 2007, 11:42 AM
I am sure there will be more entries in upcoming days. Remember, unlike most of us, they don't have to get it mailed in on opening day just to get in!

Lexington
Mar. 23, 2007, 12:12 PM
Kim and Dan are now listed on the entries. Back up plan?

Eventer13
Mar. 23, 2007, 12:54 PM
Anyone know when Badminton entries will be up? If they're already closed, I'd think it would be soon. Or are they on the site and I cant find them?

Impromptu
Mar. 23, 2007, 12:54 PM
AND another British rider I haven't heard of before! This is getting exciting!!!

Cressy Clague-Reading's website:
http://www.ccreventing.co.uk/about_me.html

eventrider
Mar. 23, 2007, 01:15 PM
I think it is interesting to discuss just for the 'fun of it" whether a person would run their horse at Rolex or not. I guess I am torn because I have two thoughts. One being that it is always good to just get the experience, have a run, and come back after that to do well, or, if you have a horse that you do not think will ever be good enough to actually win, just get the name out there so you can say they ran around Rolex. On the other hand, if you had a super horse that you thought would be a team candidate a some point, but was not ready to be really stellar that year, you might wait so that you did not have anything negative on their record......not sure that my choice would be and of course it would depend on the horse and rider, whether they were an "old timer" rider who has already made a name for themselves. Of course this is all hypothetical.

Shrapnel
Mar. 23, 2007, 05:07 PM
Wow! Look at all of the Aussie entries! :)

I'm sure Kim has entered with Dan "just in case"...but is aiming to go across the pond...

I really hope she ends up skipping Rolex and ends up going to Badminton...honestly...what does she have to prove in Kentucky with Dan?

pwynnnorman
Mar. 23, 2007, 06:33 PM
I see your point, C, and think "torn" is a very good way to describe the feelings!

PhoenixFarm
Mar. 23, 2007, 07:15 PM
GO SHARON GO SHARON GO SHARON GO SHARON!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(And Bobby, er, Ronaldo, of course!)

She has worked so hard with him, I am so prooud of both of them for getting there. Fingers crossed for a great weekend.

DLee
Mar. 23, 2007, 08:14 PM
So Woody is not going to Badminton? I thought that is what I had read on their site.

Does anyone know if Cathy Weischoff is planning on riding?

I'm keeping fingers crossed that Teddy gets to go, I'd so love to see him! Diana

NRB
Mar. 23, 2007, 11:51 PM
Oh man! the one year that I decide NOT to go to Rolex and I might miss Mary King and Teddy the wonder pony.

3dazey
Mar. 24, 2007, 09:41 AM
THE FLYING SCOT (IAN) IS COMING!!! :D WOOHOO!

(Can you tell I'm excited?)

LAZ
Mar. 24, 2007, 10:41 AM
3dayzee--he's going to be here doing a clinic the weekend before Rolex (April 20-22). I think it'll be big fun to get to cheer him on the weekend right after a clinic!

eventerwannabe
Mar. 24, 2007, 11:21 AM
I just checked the site and Kim and Dan are on it now!! I'm sooooo excited!!:D

RunForIt
Mar. 24, 2007, 11:53 AM
:D OK - now who all's going to bring along their laptops to keep us all "stay-at-homes" updated on the gossip, the behind the scene "details", and all the glory of Ian out competing again! WOW! Hubby does love the Flying Scot, he'll be glued to the computer streaming all day too! :cool:

Blugal
Mar. 24, 2007, 12:15 PM
I thought Ian had retired from 4* level... does anyone know the story there?

CookiePony
Mar. 24, 2007, 12:46 PM
:D OK - now who all's going to bring along their laptops to keep us all "stay-at-homes" updated on the gossip, the behind the scene "details", and all the glory of Ian out competing again!

I'll bring my laptop, but I'm not sure if the Motel 6 has wireless! :lol: But I can call you and give you a report... :D

For that matter, why aren't you coming?

QHEventr
Mar. 24, 2007, 01:09 PM
Well....I will be there and can repoert from HOME! Our first year living in KY for both Rolex and the derby. How exciting! So, if anyone wants updates on riders, let me know, I'll do my best to post them.

Johanna

RunForIt
Mar. 24, 2007, 01:19 PM
...:D Have to act while there's a stall vacant with Bessie - they don't last but a split second. Would've LOVED to be at Rolex BUT, I make most of my "horse money" during the summer, and have just enough to cover expenses til June. Rasta goes This coming weekend. Witchy will be going over for a couple of months come June, and Rasta will come home; will trailer over several times a week with Rasta for lessons and tuneups as needed. Buddy's getting legged up to be leased - have now comfortably jumped all the BN stuff here on our weekend rides (he stays minimally fit thanks to Rasta INSISTING that he walk/trot/canter all day when the prince deems its time to do something besides eat! :lol: ) The two young horses will alternate living here with living with the gang over at Triple Creek. And I GET TO HAVE A REALLY GREAT GROUP of folks to ride with all the time - something I've missed terribly the past two years. Couldn't have gotten through the "drought" without the COTH BB! :yes: :cool:

ss3777
Mar. 24, 2007, 06:25 PM
Hi all,

I am thinking of organizing a "Rolex Pool" at my barn. Does anyone have any ideas? I am thinking of doing the names across the top and where they place along the vertical side. What do you think?

LAZ
Mar. 24, 2007, 06:27 PM
Blugal--Ian retired from the team aspect of things a couple of years ago, but not necessarily 4*. He's been shooting for Rolex with Full Circle for awhile but hasn't gotten there. He kept his qualified status by doing Luemullen (I think that was it) last October and has been aiming for Rolex.

JustTheTicket
Mar. 25, 2007, 06:11 PM
I was just checking the entries today and I noticed that both Stuart Black and Kristen Bond have a horse named Fleeceworks. Is that correct or is it a typo? Just curious...:)

Clear Blue
Mar. 25, 2007, 06:17 PM
I think Kristin bought her horse from Stuart Black.

Sometimes I see him listed as just Blackout - other times as FW Blackout.

They were recently on the back cover of the COTH - huge jumping effort down a bank at Rolex.

Shrapnel
Mar. 26, 2007, 04:35 PM
40 entries so far....keep your fingers crossed for more!

flutie1
Mar. 26, 2007, 05:22 PM
I was just checking the entries today and I noticed that both Stuart Black and Kristen Bond have a horse named Fleeceworks. Is that correct or is it a typo? Just curious...:)

Fleeceworks is the sponsor of both horses.

LessonLearned
Mar. 26, 2007, 06:47 PM
Okay, now that the Badminton entries are posted, I am even more depressed about the Rolex field -- I would imagine that some of the field is going to fall away since several of the horses are entered at both events.

Rolex entries close tomorrow -- here's to hoping for more riders! I don't necessarily need THAT much shopping time ;)

JustTheTicket
Mar. 26, 2007, 06:57 PM
Fleeceworks is the sponsor of both horses.

ohhhh. I thought that I just misunderstood that. thanks!

Sannois
Mar. 26, 2007, 07:37 PM
for me now that it is the shortened format. I saw it for many many years in its full glory, I have no desire to go back. The biggest one I will go to will be this fall right in my own state. :yes:

Shrapnel
Mar. 26, 2007, 09:55 PM
Okay, now that the Badminton entries are posted, I am even more depressed about the Rolex field -- I would imagine that some of the field is going to fall away since several of the horses are entered at both events.

Rolex entries close tomorrow -- here's to hoping for more riders! I don't necessarily need THAT much shopping time ;)

Lesson don't worry! Badminton ALWAYS has a lot more riders than Rolex does. It's always been that way unfortunatly.

I'm hoping for atleast 50 riders at Rolex this year. Thats not far off from what they already have (41 entries now). I know of several riders whose entries probably haven't arrived yet.

I'm also thinking that Janie Atkinson (VP of EEI) might let a few entries be late considering the somewhat low amount of entries.

Also, The Brits will bring their horses to Rolex even though they have them entered at Badminton -- UNLESS one of their OTHER horses gets hurt or something. Then they will withdraw from Rolex so that they will be able to ride something around Badminton. But, usually that's not the case and they are able to come over (they have such huge #'s of 4* horses over there).

Anyways, don't worry! Let's just keep our fingers crossed! :yes:

slp2
Mar. 27, 2007, 10:15 AM
Seems like the entries have been a little slim the past few years at Rolex. It's a shame because it brings in the most spectators of any US event. Does anyone remember (not too many years ago) when they offered a *** and a **** during Rolex? It seems like with 2 divisions, they were able to have enough entries and the riders who are aiming at the *** aren't going to be considering Badminton. It certainly added to the amount of entries and gave the spectators enough action to make the trip worthwhile. I wonder if they would consider adding a *** back in the future?

ivy62
Mar. 27, 2007, 10:33 AM
the first year I went to Rolex they had the long format and the modified track..for those already on the olympic team I think and there were so many entires! It is sad that Rolex and Badminton are a week a part so they have to make a choice, but I would hope that alot of Americans with more then one horse could they do both?
I am hoping for a nice turnout this year, my friends from England are coming! Want to show them that we, Americans, can put on a good show....
Where is Darren and Windfall 2? Is Andrew Hoyt going to Badminton? Let's hope for at least 50 entires.....and SUNSHINE! HAHA!

eventerwannabe
Mar. 27, 2007, 12:10 PM
It looks like 50 might be possible. I just counted 47 including Teddy who I've been watching out for. :winkgrin: I can't wait to get to KY!!!

gr8fulrider
Mar. 27, 2007, 12:37 PM
I was so excited to see that he's finally on the entries site!!!

Go Pony Go!

asterix
Mar. 27, 2007, 12:50 PM
Yay Teddy!!
You know, every year, we look at the entries and think, oh, is this a little slim? Will I be bored? Forced to shop too much (as if!)? Disappointed??

And then we get there, and there are so many gorgeous, eye-popping rides and wonderful pairs, we just don't care what the count is....

lstevenson
Mar. 27, 2007, 05:17 PM
Seems like the entries have been a little slim the past few years at Rolex. It's a shame because it brings in the most spectators of any US event. Does anyone remember (not too many years ago) when they offered a *** and a **** during Rolex? It seems like with 2 divisions, they were able to have enough entries and the riders who are aiming at the *** aren't going to be considering Badminton. It certainly added to the amount of entries and gave the spectators enough action to make the trip worthwhile. I wonder if they would consider adding a *** back in the future?

This is a great idea. They should definitely add the *** back to the competition. If they don't keep entries up they may find that both the number of spectators and the amount of sponsorship goes down.

Shrapnel
Mar. 27, 2007, 06:13 PM
Up to 48 now! :D A rider from France has entered...

Eventer13
Mar. 27, 2007, 10:31 PM
Looks like Ursula Brush posted her third part, and she's decided not to go :( Must me disappointed.

eventamy
Mar. 28, 2007, 11:11 AM
Yah Teddy! I'm so bummed I can't go this year! Oh well, I'll just have to bring the new baby next year and introduce her to eventing like I did her sister!

Jazzy Lady
Mar. 28, 2007, 02:05 PM
Up to 51. We'll see how many end up competing.

Regal Grace
Mar. 29, 2007, 08:53 PM
http://www.rk3de.org/entry_list.php

Great article last week in COTH on Julia Steinberg and Mr. Big. It's wonderful to see their taking a shot at Rolex.

Good Luck : )

Eventer13
Mar. 29, 2007, 09:31 PM
Karen's third response is up: http://www.rk3de.org/featured_rider.php?id=11&pid=3

Glad to see she's still shooting for Rolex w/ Teddy!

ivy62
Mar. 29, 2007, 10:19 PM
Anyone know where Darren and Windfall are? In England or is he taking the year off!

Shrapnel
Mar. 29, 2007, 10:31 PM
Anyone know where Darren and Windfall are? In England or is he taking the year off!

I have no idea. Maybe their entry was late?

I was thinking he would take Windfall and Better I do It.

Who knows...

CookiePony
Mar. 29, 2007, 10:33 PM
Karen's third response is up: http://www.rk3de.org/featured_rider.php?id=11&pid=3

Glad to see she's still shooting for Rolex w/ Teddy!

I really enjoy reading her updates-- she's a good writer and I like hearing about her decision process. Go Teddy!

Gracington
Apr. 2, 2007, 10:53 PM
Are the entries listed on RK3DE the final list now?

pinkngreen
Apr. 3, 2007, 07:16 AM
This was only done the first few years that Rolex offered the 4*. They were waiting for Foxhall to get started so there wouldn't be a void left in 3* competitions.

Shrapnel
Apr. 4, 2007, 10:30 PM
52 total entries now. Looks like William Fox-Pitt (GBR) and Pascal Leroy (FRA) have backed out. Their names aren't on the entry list anymore...

As for the others I was expecting to enter, who knows... :confused:

bhrunner06
Apr. 4, 2007, 11:42 PM
Looks like Ursula Brush posted her third part, and she's decided not to go :( Must me disappointed.

very disappointing!! :( we were gonna go to watch her (rides with us) but now we decided not to go and save the money! such a big bummer!