PDA

View Full Version : Catherine Haddad might be upon us...:)

Pages : 1 [2]

ridgeback
Apr. 29, 2007, 10:55 AM
How could making it tougher to qualify change the outcome of the WC?

Maybe more prepared horses and riders. I think it's hard to take riders and horses who have given their horses months off to be in tip top(no pun) shape. If I'm not mistaken Tuny and Leslie both gave their horses a significiant amount of time off before Burbank and the WC. I think it puts the rider in a different place mentally if they can compete more often against some of the best in the world. I know the American's live on different coasts from each other which makes it difficult.

Defeinerstar
Apr. 29, 2007, 08:40 PM
Perhaps thats why Europeans seem to always do better. Our System needs a little adjusting. Plus the Europeans work together.

P.R.E.
Apr. 29, 2007, 09:24 PM
Exactly... I guess the European way of qualifing is a bit different then the U.S. I think the U.S. should be a bit tougher to qualify for the WC or Weg we may do better next time:)

It can only be as tough as the competition!! The Country is granted a number of spots for the World Cup, doesn't matter the toughnes of the system, the better riders are going to take those spots. If the competition is mediocre, the best of those mediocre riders are going to take those spots, if the competition is of a high level, the best of those high level riders are going to take those spots!!!!

The system doesn't need to change, the quality of the ridign is what needs to improve

Sabine
Apr. 29, 2007, 11:11 PM
It can only be as tough as the competition!! The Country is granted a number of spots for the World Cup, doesn't matter the toughnes of the system, the better riders are going to take those spots. If the competition is mediocre, the best of those mediocre riders are going to take those spots, if the competition is of a high level, the best of those high level riders are going to take those spots!!!!

The system doesn't need to change, the quality of the ridign is what needs to improve

Good point PRE- it is the quality of riding and I am thinking that we are at a relative 'low' right now of top riders with top horses...(well mind you I am not talking about Isabel or Anky (god bless her- when she gets back)...but I think there has been some kind of upset in the Dutch camp- where training and methods are being revisited, there is a definite low in the German camp right now- the good ol' campers are all retirement age- and some of the hot new style horses have not made it to be 13 and 14 yr old veterans- they were fried before their time, maybe trained wrong, maybe to fragile- etc, whatever- it should be interesting to see what the next big competition will bring- me think the BRits will finally take a stab at it...

ridgeback
Apr. 30, 2007, 07:15 AM
Good point PRE- it is the quality of riding and I am thinking that we are at a relative 'low' right now of top riders with top horses...(well mind you I am not talking about Isabel or Anky (god bless her- when she gets back)...but I think there has been some kind of upset in the Dutch camp- where training and methods are being revisited, there is a definite low in the German camp right now- the good ol' campers are all retirement age- and some of the hot new style horses have not made it to be 13 and 14 yr old veterans- they were fried before their time, maybe trained wrong, maybe to fragile- etc, whatever- it should be interesting to see what the next big competition will bring- me think the BRits will finally take a stab at it...

Well I guess we will agree to disagree.

pinecone
Apr. 30, 2007, 09:02 AM
Now the Dutch are supposedly rethinking their training and methods (I don't even know here if you are alluding to rider fitness and 110% dedication as per Sjef's system, or hyperflexion?), and the Germans are burning out their horses due to bad training and fragility?

Yeah, sure, whatever, not really. :no:

I wish people would think, and check their Facts (not innuendo and potstirring) before posting things on the internet, this is how rumors etc get started and then blown all out of proportion. You've made some pretty big unsubstantiated claims. Before I said something that inflammatory, I'd want to be darn sure I had my facts straight 100%. (Perhaps you didn't mean it as it sounded either, but that is how it comes off.)

For anyone worried about the US team, I wouldn't. We've got Steffen still, and he's got another horse in the wings once a few final kinks are worked out, and Leslie still has Kingston too when his injury recovery is complete, we also have Jan Ebeling with an exciting new horse, and who knows we may see Kristina Harrison Naness again with her PRE from WC, there is also still Wild One who was a close contender for WC (and Wild One is only 11), we've also got Courtney King, and then of course Catherine, who could still be a solid contributing member of a US team. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lisa Wilcox get the ride on something exciting too, and there are others as well. So I wouldn't get too depressed about the future of the US Dressage Team.:D

canyonoak
Apr. 30, 2007, 09:04 AM
As of 2008, the U.S. will use the exact same qualifying system as Europe: ie, rankings based on points representing placings in approved CDI*** and other shows.

Actually-that should say all of North America will do this--both the US and Canada are now part of the 'North American League', just as Europe has Western and Central European,etc.

So it will be interesting to see how this affects what shows--as well as how many--horses and riders decide to attend.

pinecone
Apr. 30, 2007, 09:06 AM
So it will be interesting to see how this affects what shows--as well as how many--horses and riders decide to attend.

Agree.

ridgeback
Apr. 30, 2007, 09:30 AM
As of 2008, the U.S. will use the exact same qualifying system as Europe: ie, rankings based on points representing placings in approved CDI*** and other shows.

Actually-that should say all of North America will do this--both the US and Canada are now part of the 'North American League', just as Europe has Western and Central European,etc.

That is great to hear:)

Defeinerstar
Apr. 30, 2007, 12:45 PM
The Europeans have many more venues bigger and better shows! Less travel so the Horses and riders in Europe already have an advantage over the US riders who cant just fly all over the palce with there Horses. Plus they have very well planned programs for there new talent young Horses and young riders to succeed. All the various disiplines work together to get the most beneficial results. Its a lot more developed the System in Europe thats why the success rate is higher.

ridgeback
Apr. 30, 2007, 01:56 PM
The Europeans have many more venues bigger and better shows! Less travel so the Horses and riders in Europe already have an advantage over the US riders who cant just fly all over the palce with there Horses. Plus they have very well planned programs for there new talent young Horses and young riders to succeed. All the various disiplines work together to get the most beneficial results. Its a lot more developed the System in Europe thats why the success rate is higher.

100% agreed...Wow we are on the same page:D