PDA

View Full Version : Amanda Bader May you Rest in Peace

ponygirl
Feb. 18, 2007, 10:33 AM
I've changed the title of the thread so it was easier to find for those who want to pay tribute/respects to Amanda.

Lori T
Feb. 18, 2007, 11:13 AM
Oh, no. Jingles for whoever it is.
I checked out the website and alot of the results are up. There seems to be a pretty high number of eliminations, retirements and withdrawals...and a MR..what is that? Mandatory retirement? Guess I need to go get the rule book out.

ponygirl
Feb. 18, 2007, 12:38 PM
I don't know what MR means either but I looked at that rider's xc time and that was around time frame. I have all my fingers crossed that everything is okay.

There were a lot of eliminations in stadium on Friday morning. There were some hair raising rides then. Ralph Hill commented on how scary a lot of the prelim rides were. I walked the training course yesterday and witnessed some very good prelim x-c runs and some that made me very afraid. One girl about flipped her horse and I don't think she knew it. She just ran at the fences without any setup/preparation at all. The trainer I was walking with started yelling for a jump judge. I was hoping that rider made it safely around as she had a refusal at fence 9 and then was flung up the neck of her horse at fence 10 (almost coming off). The fence she about flipped her horse was 3 fences later. Trainer said she had no business out there at that level. It was very unsettling to me to watch that.

It was my very first event as I'm a jumper rider. I was so impressed with how well organized it was considering there were over 500 horses entered. It was really refreshing to see and feel the camaraderie amongst everyone. So very different than at the shows I normally ride.

LAZ
Feb. 18, 2007, 12:46 PM
MR=mandatory retirement.

It means the horse fell in conjunction with a fence.

ponygirl
Feb. 18, 2007, 01:00 PM
Thank-you LAZ. Oh I hope both horse and rider are okay.

FrittSkritt
Feb. 18, 2007, 02:33 PM
http://www.useventing.com/start.php?id=746

ponygirl
Feb. 18, 2007, 02:42 PM
She's in critical condition. Family is being flown in. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

Loves to ride
Feb. 18, 2007, 06:33 PM
Jingling madly for Amanda from Mass!

eks
Feb. 18, 2007, 06:35 PM
Praying and thinking of Amanda and her family. Does anyone have any updates on her condition?

Painted Wings
Feb. 18, 2007, 06:38 PM
http://www.useventing.com/competitions.php?id=747

Sounds like a rough weekend.

Very sad!

My heart goes out to all of them.

RiverBendPol
Feb. 18, 2007, 07:02 PM
Good grief. Ocala is jinxed this winter.
Very best wishes to Amanda..........I'm speechless................

Lori T
Feb. 18, 2007, 07:26 PM
That is so sad. Among all the eliminations, retirements and withdrawals, I noticed one score with HC...anyone know what that is? It will save me going out to my truck to get my rulebook! I will be courious to know what the reasons are (if any) as to why so many incidents? Even the BN division had alot of issues it seems. It is too bad, because I know that the trials were heavily advertised all week in the Orlando Sentinel..I would hate to see new spectators get a bad impression. Guess I'm glad we stayed home afterall.

http://www.useventing.com/competitions.php?id=747

Sounds like a rough weekend.

Very sad!

My heart goes out to all of them.

maxxtrot
Feb. 18, 2007, 07:38 PM
all in all it was not a great weekend for sure. there were a lot of riders and some not so pretty rides. the fall of horse and rider on sat. was very scary to see. seems that the horse just never left the ground and just flipped over onto his rider. not sure how the horse is. my prayers and thoughts are with amanda and her family. as for erik's horse, i was not out on c.c but heard it was a pretty bad deal, also my thoughts are with him and his wife sara. it seemed that the show was a bit unoriganized to me, as too stabling and ride times. but with 550 entries and 150 stalls i guess that was to be expected. we love competing there and hope everything works out for the next show:) i do agree with ralph, there were some really scary rides on c.c and in stadium. at all levels too. hope this coming weekend at rocking horse will hold better rides for all involved.

Caroline Weber
Feb. 18, 2007, 07:46 PM
That is so sad. Among all the eliminations, retirements and withdrawals, I noticed one score with HC...anyone know what that is? It will save me going out to my truck to get my rulebook!

HC stands for "hors concours". It essentially means that the rider is competing but "off the record", if that makes any sense. The score will be listed on the horse's record but the ride cannot be placed, and cannot count as a qualifying score for anything.

A ride is usually HC if there is a conflict or interest; for example, if I really wanted to do a particular event to begin the season, but my trainer was the dressage judge or the TD (both are situations I've run into), I would go to the event but I would ride HC.

eks
Feb. 18, 2007, 08:00 PM
Out of respect for Amanda and her family, I think it would be best if people want to talk about all of the bad riding out on cross country yesterday, they start a new thread to talk about the Horse Trials/Riding in general.

This thread is about Amanda and her condition.

maxxtrot
Feb. 18, 2007, 08:07 PM
eks- i was not saying that amanda rode badly, i just commented on what someone else had said. i feel really bad for what happened to her. it is a very dangerous sport and we all know that. we all were just commenting on the show in general. but we will be glad to start another thread if i or anyone else have offened you or amanda in anyway.

vacreekfarm
Feb. 18, 2007, 08:17 PM
Prayers for Amanda and her family.

eks
Feb. 18, 2007, 08:23 PM
maxxtrot and everyone else, I know you aren't talking about Amanda when you are talking about the bad riding this weekend...but I guess I just think it should be not part of this thread. I guess I'm feeling especially emotional about this since I saw the accident happen. Prayers for Amanda and her family.

dunthat
Feb. 19, 2007, 07:28 AM
Does anyone have an update on Amanda's conditions.

Prayers

brightskyfarm
Feb. 19, 2007, 07:47 AM
Prayers for Amanda and her family

gillenwaterfarm
Feb. 19, 2007, 08:55 AM
My prayers are with Amanda and her family.

Dressage62
Feb. 19, 2007, 09:20 AM
Prayers and jingling....Lighting a candle on www.Gratefulness.org Groups: "Evntr"

austin
Feb. 19, 2007, 09:27 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with Amanda. Hope she makes a full recovery.

RiverBendPol
Feb. 19, 2007, 10:37 AM
Oh woe, doesn't aaaaaaaanybody have an update? I am getting quite frantic.
Very best thoughts to Amanda.

4Martini
Feb. 19, 2007, 11:25 AM
Prayers and jingles! I hope her condition improves quickly!

Does anyone know what level Amanda was competing at?

olympicdreams04
Feb. 19, 2007, 11:51 AM
From a friend of the family I have been told that, as of yesterday, they were waiting for Amanda's family to arrive in FL before they took her off life support. I believe she broke he neck in five places and would not be expected to have any quality of life. Terribly sad news and my heart goes out to all involved. For those interested, the horse was not injured.

austin
Feb. 19, 2007, 11:53 AM
I'm so sorry for her and her family and her friends.

Invested1
Feb. 19, 2007, 12:01 PM
From a friend of the family I have been told that, as of yesterday, they were waiting for Amanda's family to arrive in FL before they took her off life support. I believe she broke he neck in five places and would not be expected to have any quality of life. Terribly sad news and my heart goes out to all involved. For those interested, the horse was not injured.

Oh my gosh, that is awful!! What even happened? How old is she?
It's just so sad.....my thoughts are with her and her family......

frugalannie
Feb. 19, 2007, 12:06 PM
My heart goes out to Amanda, her family and her friends.

wannabegifted
Feb. 19, 2007, 12:11 PM
I would assume it was her preliminary horse, Samira

TBKate
Feb. 19, 2007, 12:12 PM
Does anyone know what level Amanda was competing at?

Results show she was in the Prelim Rider division. She was placed fourth going into cross country.

Jingles like crazy for her family--this is terrible :(

Jazzy Lady
Feb. 19, 2007, 12:17 PM
OMG - Jingles and prayers to her family in this time.

Auburn
Feb. 19, 2007, 12:17 PM
Sending jingles and prayers for Amanda and her family. AUBURN

maxxtrot
Feb. 19, 2007, 12:28 PM
oh god! i am so sorry for her and her family. my prayers are with her. she was riding at the prelim level in the prelim rider division. wow, this really touches close to home as i had a very similar fall several years ago. thankfully i was just sore,brusied and a little scared. i hope that the next day or two shows any signs of improvement for amanda and her family. let me know if there is anything i can do for her family as i am only about 25 minutes from shands.

clivers
Feb. 19, 2007, 12:30 PM
jingles for Amanda and everyone touched by this tragedy.

Debbie
Feb. 19, 2007, 12:35 PM
Prayers for Amanda and her family.

Jazzy Lady
Feb. 19, 2007, 12:50 PM
Not that it's very significant, but does anyone know how old Amanda is?

bambam
Feb. 19, 2007, 01:04 PM
That is awful
Jingling for Amanda and her family

bccalhoun
I believe I read she was only 32 yrs. old.

Lori T
Oh, this is such terrible news. With RH coming up next week, I don't think I will tell Jen...I feel terrible for the family.

Jazzy Lady
Feb. 19, 2007, 01:09 PM
I believe I read she was only 32 yrs. old.

What a tragedy :(

monstrpony
Feb. 19, 2007, 01:13 PM
So very, very sad. :no: :no: :cry:

hey101
Feb. 19, 2007, 01:34 PM
I"m so incredibly sorry to hear this. My stomach twisted up into a tight little knot when I saw the thread of this title and got even worse when I saw the current prognosis.

There have been far too many times we have all had to send jingles in the past few months. :( :cry: Is it truly the incidents are ocurring more often, or just that by being plugged into COTH, we are all hearing about ALL of them now, instead of perhaps the ones more local to our own location.

I truly hope there is a chance Amanda will recover. Sending as many good thoughts and jingles as I can to her and her family. :cry:

Ja Da Dee
Feb. 19, 2007, 01:52 PM
Oh, how sad. My heart goes out to her and her family.

RunForIt
Feb. 19, 2007, 01:56 PM
:( prayers for Amanda and her family and friends.

RAyers
Feb. 19, 2007, 02:36 PM
This, and every situation like this, is a terrible tragedy. I can say that what has happened to Amanda and others continually pushes me to refine and improve my training and fitness. I will honor these folks by being the best rider/horseman I can.

If anything positive can be taken away from this is a reminder how dangerous this sport really is and each one of us has a responsibility to be the best we can, be it through training or conditioning. We can all honor those who have been killed or hurt by simply being good horsemen.

Reed

clivers
Feb. 19, 2007, 02:56 PM
This, and every situation like this, is a terrible tragedy. I can say that what has happened to Amanda and others continually pushes me to refine and improve my training and fitness. I will honor these folks by being the best rider/horseman I can.

If anything positive can be taken away from this is a reminder how dangerous this sport really is and each one of us has a responsibility to be the best we can, be it through training or conditioning. We can all honor those who have been killed or hurt by simply being good horsemen.

Reed

Well said Reed,

I typed up a long "I agree" post about how it's disrespectful to deal with things like this by just shoving it out of our minds (as I have been instructed to do at times). Somehow, though, I'd reather just say I agree with you Reed, and I'm so sad about the news regarding Amanda.

Hony
Feb. 19, 2007, 03:02 PM
I am soo sorry for her family. Sending jingles

Carol Ames
Feb. 19, 2007, 03:03 PM
:cry: I know only what I read in "breaking news:( " It sounds like it was a rough day there, any word on how it happened? Is there a link somewhere? Certainly jingling away.:yes:

AppJumpr08
Feb. 19, 2007, 03:07 PM
I'll second what Clivers and Reed said. What a sad weekend for the eventing world.
Jingles for all involved :(

Carol Ames
Feb. 19, 2007, 03:09 PM
Prayers and support for her family, and her :yes: , too, May she make a swift, easy :yes: ;) and painfree transition across the rainbow bridge where I am certain many loved ones will greet her.:yes:

Carol Ames
Feb. 19, 2007, 03:21 PM
Personally i think we could best honor her by completing a living will aka advanced directives" also setting up trusts for our animals

Carol Ames
Feb. 19, 2007, 03:23 PM
Personally i think we could best honor her by completing a living will aka advanced directives" also setting up trusts for our animals:yes:
:(

Carol Ames
Feb. 19, 2007, 03:57 PM
I've never done any of the Florida events,can someone please tell me what the courses are like, :confused: beyond sandy and flat, sorry if that is stereotyping, but the winter I spent inOcala i looked in vain for a hill or grass to work on:no:

bccalhoun
Feb. 19, 2007, 04:20 PM
there can be hills in Ocala, of course I am a Floridian so in Ocala they are hills to me. But Ocala Horse park is pretty flat. Rocking Horse has more inclilnes.

circusponydreams
Feb. 19, 2007, 04:21 PM
How awful. I'm very sorry for her family.

FoxChaser
Feb. 19, 2007, 06:04 PM
What an awful tragedy :( It does seem like this year has taken its toll on those with whom we share our sport. I too agree with Reed. Jingles for Amanda's family.

CookiePony
Feb. 19, 2007, 06:11 PM
I'm so sad to hear about this. :cry: My heart is with her family.

Platinum Equestrian
Feb. 19, 2007, 07:38 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of Amanda's fall... and the death of the other rider's horse. How sad.

Platinum Equestrian
Feb. 19, 2007, 07:41 PM

This makes me sick to my stomach... her poor family, to have to make such a decision. I will keep Amanda and her family in my prayers.

For those of us who don't know Amanda, would someone like to give us a brief look at who she is/was?

Again, sending prayers.

ss3777
Feb. 19, 2007, 08:44 PM
Jingles from NY. I rode in a clinic with Amanda and Samira about 3 years ago and I was hugely impressed with the pair. It was an honor to be in the same group. My thoughts are with her and her family.

One Star
Feb. 19, 2007, 10:50 PM
This makes me sick to my stomach... her poor family, to have to make such a decision. I will keep Amanda and her family in my prayers.

For those of us who don't know Amanda, would someone like to give us a brief look at who she is/was?

Again, sending prayers.

Amanda is a lovely woman, and the embodiment of what this sport is about for the vast majority of amateur competitors. She has always been a gracious and friendly competitor, and a role model for the rest of us. Her partnership with Samira was inspiring, and they had achieved a great deal of success together in recent years.

Amanda is also a gifted writer and web designer. Examples of Amanda's journalism work can be found online at www.chronogram.com (http://www.chronogram.com), a lifestyle publication of the Hudson Valley in New York, as well as in New York House. She has written extensively about equestrian sport and other horse-related topics. In addition, she desiged the website for Darrah Alexander and Louise Meryman's Tree Line Farm www.treelinefarm.com (http://www.treelinefarm.com).

Those of us who were at the Horse Park that Saturday were stunned and devastated by this terrible accident. Amanda had been riding beautifully, and she and Samira seemed to be flowing through the course easily when this freak mishap occurred.

Also, to the poster who stated the somewhat erroneous "information" as to Amanda's current medical status and speculations as to the decisions faced by her family, those comments would be best left for private topics and not this open forum. Thank you for your consideration.

Carol Ames
Feb. 19, 2007, 11:08 PM
If you are "lucky(?) enough to be thrown free /clear :eek: from the horse tuck and roll is fine , but when the horse also goes down, options are very limited, :sadsmile: and things happen very fast, though afterwards it seems like in slow motion

kcooper
Feb. 20, 2007, 08:07 AM
Best wishes to Amanda, her family and her horse.

PBHORSES
Feb. 20, 2007, 09:45 AM
Dear One Star,

Just wanted to say thank you for some great words on Amanda. She is a dear friend of mine and has been a great inspiration to me for many years now. If everyone could just keep positive thoughts coming her way it would be great for her family and friends during this difficult time.

maxxtrot
Feb. 20, 2007, 10:33 AM
does anyone have an update as to her present condition? i was there and am very hopeful that she will have a mircle recovery.
one star- thanks for the info on amanda, she seems to be a wonderful person. please keep us updated as to how she and her family are doing.

One Star
Feb. 20, 2007, 10:55 AM
Dear One Star,

Just wanted to say thank you for some great words on Amanda. She is a dear friend of mine and has been a great inspiration to me for many years now. If everyone could just keep positive thoughts coming her way it would be great for her family and friends during this difficult time.

Agreed PBHORSES. I don't like the way these threads devolve into the rampant speculation/rumor mill direction. Positive and encouraging thoughts will keep everyone hoping and praying for the best possible outcome. Amanda deserves nothing less.

By the way, that picture of her was from Stuart in 2005 when she and Samira won their Training Division. She looks so happy. I just want to think about that kind of thing right now.

PBHORSES
Feb. 20, 2007, 11:15 AM
There are no updates on Amanda's condition as of now. When something changes, I will be happy to post it. It is a wait and see situation right now and we can only send the positive energy along.

One Star, the picture is wonderful from Stuart. I often travelled to the events in the Northeast with her and Stuart was definitely one of her favorites!! I do remember her calling me when en route home from that event with the full report of her successes...they were many!!

RiverBendPol
Feb. 20, 2007, 11:27 AM
PB and One Star. Thank you for any and all updates you feel you can post.
I think we are all horrified, shocked and desperately saddened to learn of Amanda's accident. I don't think eventers in general want to be rumor mongers nor rampant speculators. I think we all just frantically want for it not to have ever happened or for her to be well NOW. Being out in cyberspace knowing a comrade, one of our OWN, has fallen and not having the means to be there, to learn first hand what's happened or is happening, is very hard and frustrating. Please know we are all pulling for the swift recovery of your friend. Although we may not have known her personally, Amanda is a friend to all eventers, especially those of us in Area 1 who have spent time in stabling and warm-ups with her. Best thoughts coming her way from the snowy fields of Maine.

monstrpony
Feb. 20, 2007, 12:33 PM
I recall on one of the earlier injured rider threads that someone made the observation that it was easier to get information about Barbaro than it was about the injured rider. I would remind people that medical issues are private and are protected by law, and everyone should be very careful that anything they say has the approval of the individuals involved. It's frustrating not knowing more, but in a very real way, it's not our business until Amanda and her family decide that it is.

I wish Amanda and her family the best, and hope they know that our thoughts are with them at this difficult time.

RiverBendPol
Feb. 21, 2007, 07:33 AM
Amanda, we're still out here pulling for you........

CJ4ME
Feb. 21, 2007, 07:57 AM
While I don't know Amanda, I have seen her event here in NY and I was saddened to hear the news of her accident.

Prayers and fingers crossed for Amanda!

eks
Feb. 21, 2007, 09:28 AM
Praying for you Amanda...

StefffiC
Feb. 21, 2007, 11:49 AM
Continued Jingles, any news?

Steph

ponygirl
Feb. 22, 2007, 08:52 AM
Amanda, you've been in my daily thoughts. Prayers to you and yours.

shea'smom
Feb. 22, 2007, 09:24 AM
I'm checking in on Amanda this morning, hoping for some good news.
Jingles from North Carolina.

Carol Ames
Feb. 22, 2007, 04:11 PM
How about doing something for Amandas' family as they sit with her?; Would they possibly want to be"relieved " of their vigil by someone sitting with Amanda while they attend to their personal affairs, possibly someone familiar with the area could give them some needed information, how t get to a particular church or store?Is Amandas' horse back in inN.Y. ?? or does that need to be arranged?how about bringing them( herfamily) some fresh fruit or,my personal favorite chocolate?:winkgrin: to know that they have someone there to answer such "trivial; "/pedestrian questions can be a blessing, also bring something for the nurses there, some like cookies,and others like fried chicken, Popeyes' is a big hit with the nurses:yes: here, also Mrs. Fields' cookies Are there any ofAmandas' belongings, tack, etc. which should be cared for?Think of all the "little " tings Amanda would have planned to do , ando them for her. You can talk to her about having done them; I'm sure she would be glad tto io :yes: that hear that her horse was being cared for , groomed 6turned out with a buddy.Whether she acknowledges you or not she can hear you

RunForIt
Feb. 22, 2007, 04:15 PM
If someone could update with information regarding Amanda, I'm sure all of us would appreciate "just knowing" - my heart and my prayers are with her and her family.

showmom4u
Feb. 22, 2007, 04:55 PM
Carol,

What a wonderful idea! I don't know Amanda or her family, but have them in my daily prayers. Count me in on doing something for them. We never know when tragedy will strike, and they must be suffering terribly during this time.

One Star
Feb. 22, 2007, 08:35 PM
How about doing something for Amandas' family as they sit with her?; Would they possibly want to be"relieved " of their vigil by someone sitting with Amanda while they attend to their personal affairs, possibly someone familiar with the area could give them some needed information, how t get to a particular church or store?Is Amandas' horse back in inN.Y. ?? or does that need to be arranged?how about bringing them( herfamily) some fresh fruit or,my personal favorite chocolate?:winkgrin: to know that they have someone there to answer such "trivial; "/pedestrian questions can be a blessing, also bring something for the nurses there, some like cookies,and others like fried chicken, Popeyes' is a big hit with the nurses:yes: here, also Mrs. Fields' cookies Are there any ofAmandas' belongings, tack, etc. which should be cared for?Think of all the "little " tings Amanda would have planned to do , ando them for her. You can talk to her about having done them; I'm sure she would be glad tto io :yes: that hear that her horse was being cared for , groomed 6turned out with a buddy.Whether she acknowledges you or not she can hear you

These are very lovely suggestions, CarolAmes. Amanda's horses are at Louise and Darrah's place here in Ocala, and there is a team of people at Treeline Farm to help with a lot of the little details. Amanda's husband is with her parents, but you're right -- gift/care packages for the nursing staff at Shands Trauma Unit would be very thoughtful indeed. I am hoping to get some word of current status, as well as the needs of Amanda's support team.

Let's keep the positive thought waves going... :yes:

PBHORSES
Feb. 22, 2007, 09:45 PM
I WANT TO SAY THANX TO ALL WHO ARE OFFERING POSITIVE THOUGHTS/ENERGIES/PRAYERS FOR AMANDA. SHE HAS A WONDERFUL SUPPORT TEAM AND THINGS ARE BEING TAKEN CARE OF. HER HUSBAND, PARENTS, SISTER AND BEST FRIENDS ARE WITH HER WHEN ALLOWED. THE NEWS HAS NOT CHANGED. PLEASE JUST KEEP POSITIVE THOUGHTS COMING.

HER FRIEND PATRICE...

bornfreenowexpensive
Feb. 22, 2007, 09:57 PM
sending more positive and healing thoughts!

Eventcrazy
Feb. 22, 2007, 10:18 PM
JINGLES FOR AMANDA!!!!

eks
Feb. 22, 2007, 11:05 PM
More prayers and positive thoughts for Amanda and her family.

UNCeventer
Feb. 22, 2007, 11:19 PM
Lots and Lots and Lots of prayers and jingles!

annikak
Feb. 23, 2007, 07:19 AM
Jingles for Amanda and her family....thanks for the updates- You are all in our thoughts.

Mickey87
Feb. 23, 2007, 08:30 AM
Jingles for Amanada and her family. Too much tragedy recently in the eventing world :(

subk
Feb. 23, 2007, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=PBHORSES;2238929THE NEWS HAS NOT CHANGED. [/QUOTE]
With a great deal of respect here the only news we know is that Amanda was taken to the hospital via helicopter with a possible head injury a week ago. Nothing else. For those of us who know, rode, or are connected with Debbie Atkinson and Kim Meier there is a much angst and anguish that this situation stirs up. Knowing nothing only makes it more difficult and more frightening.

I certainly understand the desire for privacy, but if someone could see fit to give us the most basic of information on Amanda's medical condition it would be appreciated.

kcooper
Feb. 23, 2007, 11:53 AM
On the Area I website, it states that she sustained a head injury and is in a coma. I have no first hand knowledge, but usually that website is accurate.

Auburn
Feb. 23, 2007, 12:39 PM
Sending more jingles and prayers for Amanda and her family. AUBURN

clivers
Feb. 23, 2007, 01:12 PM
I'm thinking about Amanda every day and hope there will be good news in the future.

One Star
Feb. 23, 2007, 01:32 PM
With a great deal of respect here the only news we know is that Amanda was taken to the hospital via helicopter with a possible head injury a week ago. Nothing else. For those of us who know, rode, or are connected with Debbie Atkinson and Kim Meier there is a much angst and anguish that this situation stirs up. Knowing nothing only makes it more difficult and more frightening.

I certainly understand the desire for privacy, but if someone could see fit to give us the most basic of information on Amanda's medical condition it would be appreciated.

Because the information regarding Amanda's condition immediately following the fall and after reaching the Trauma Unit at Shands has never been made available for the general public, those of us who have some information cannot say on this open forum as it would violate the family's wishes for privacy during these difficult days.

I can confirm that it was a rotational fall at the fence and Samira did fall on Amanda, causing head injury (as was all reported on the USEA website) and that she was flown by a Life Flight helicopter out of the Horse Park and to Shands Medical Center in Gainesville. That is the only information that is available for public awareness.

Let's keep our digits and limbs crossed for a positive outcome, and know that the excellent medical team in Gainesville is doing their utmost to help Amanda heal.

Thanks for your continued prayers and jingles.

Janet
Feb. 23, 2007, 01:40 PM
I can confirm that it was a rotational fall at the fence and Samira did fall on Amanda, Did the fence have frangible pins?

One Star
Feb. 23, 2007, 01:52 PM
Janet, it was a straightforward table, The Estero Verde Table, at fence 13 on the Preliminary course.

LAZ
Feb. 23, 2007, 03:09 PM
Jingles for Amanda.

One Star or Bust--your posts run off my computer screen because your name/location info is too long.

One Star
Feb. 23, 2007, 04:42 PM
Jingles for Amanda.

One Star or Bust--your posts run off my computer screen because your name/location info is too long.

You can reset the screen resolution if your monitor is calibrated for the higher pixel settings. That will make the information in the windows a bit smaller (not so good for our geriatric eyes sometimes :cool: ), but you will be able to see everything without using the slider bars on your browser window...

I'm afraid I can't change my username and help you out. It's a long story. :D

LAZ
Feb. 23, 2007, 07:08 PM
You can reset the screen resolution if your monitor is calibrated for the higher pixel settings. That will make the information in the windows a bit smaller (not so good for our geriatric eyes sometimes :cool: ), but you will be able to see everything without using the slider bars on your browser window...

Ha, I've always been blind and I'm getting more so as I get older--no making print any smaller than it already is! However, I want it on the record that I am NOT geriatric! :lol:

Platinum Equestrian
Feb. 23, 2007, 07:25 PM
Sending more prayers Amanda's way, for her and her family.

canyonoak
Feb. 23, 2007, 10:17 PM
sending prayers and jingles and lighting a candle.

jhusta
Feb. 23, 2007, 11:08 PM
PB has informed me of this thread on this website. I too am a very close friend of Amanda's and wanted to thank all of you for your concern, positive thoughts and prayers. Myself with another friend of Amanda's will be heading down to FL to be with her and her family on Monday. We are planning on bringing Samira back home to NY in the upcoming weeks. Your continued prayers and positive thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Carol Ames
Feb. 23, 2007, 11:53 PM
If someone will send me a picture of Amanda which I could printout,:yes: I will take it to the"healing prayer team " at my church?; I took a picture of Cynthia to the last healing prayer service, and while she is not yet totally well,medcially she is well enough to be discharged this coming week;) ; I will also take it to thechildrens' ministry :yes: , akaKidzzone , they love praying for people:yes: , and will especially like it when I mention horses :winkgrin: !None of this will hurt:no: and may help.:yes:

Loves to ride
Feb. 24, 2007, 07:28 AM
Continuing to send heartfelt prayers and jingles from Massachusetts...

eks
Feb. 24, 2007, 02:56 PM
Continued prayers for Amanda and her family and friends...

flypony74
Feb. 24, 2007, 03:59 PM
Continuing thoughts and prayers for Amanda from Tennessee.

javma
Feb. 24, 2007, 04:19 PM
More thoughts and prayers from Massachusetts...

RiverBendPol
Feb. 24, 2007, 05:41 PM
My hands are raw from wringing. Constant best thoughts continue to Amanda and her family, from Maine.

eks
Feb. 26, 2007, 10:04 AM
More prayers for Amanda and her family....

goobs
Feb. 26, 2007, 03:51 PM
Amanda's family and dear friends need your prayers more than ever now. Please pray hard for them and keep them in your thoughts - the next few days will be heartwrenching. :(

bornfreenowexpensive
Feb. 26, 2007, 03:56 PM
Makes me sad to even think about. Sending positive thoughts and prayers and what ever strength I can to Amanda and her friends and family.

ponygirl
Feb. 26, 2007, 04:57 PM
Just sending prayers to Amanda and her family.

RiverBendPol
Feb. 26, 2007, 05:33 PM
Amanda's family and dear friends need your prayers more than ever now. Please pray hard for them and keep them in your thoughts - the next few days will be heartwrenching. :(
Goobs, the last 10 have been heartwrenching, too. We are all in this together, one very big, very sad family, draped in a blanket of misery. Sending all the strength I can muster to you and yours.....

Gracington
Feb. 26, 2007, 06:06 PM
continued prayers for Amanda, her family and friends....for something positive at this very difficult time

CJ4ME
Feb. 26, 2007, 06:44 PM
Praying hard for Amanda and her loved ones.

:cry: I am so sorry this has happened.

shea'smom
Feb. 26, 2007, 06:47 PM
Bless Amanda and her family.

austin
Feb. 26, 2007, 07:42 PM
Bless Amanda, her family, and her friends. All of us who event know the excitment she felt, recently moving up to Prelim, the partnership she had with her horse. We adult amateurs know the commitment it takes to juggle work, family, and horses. I read some of her writings and she seems like a lovely person. I am glad she was doing what she loves.

drjuliea
Feb. 26, 2007, 08:14 PM
Still jingling and praying...

RunForIt
Feb. 26, 2007, 08:22 PM
Bless Amanda, her family, and her friends. All of us who event know the excitment she felt, recently moving up to Prelim, the partnership she had with her horse. We adult amateurs know the commitment it takes to juggle work, family, and horses. I read some of her writings and she seems like a lovely person. I am glad she was doing what she loves.

God speed...

Noctis
Feb. 26, 2007, 10:50 PM
More jingles hugs and prayers for amanda and her family.

canterlope
Feb. 27, 2007, 03:06 AM
Amanda's family really needs everyone's thoughts and prayers in the coming hours. It's going to be a very tough day for them and any support we can provide will mean a great deal.

asterix
Feb. 27, 2007, 08:13 AM
Thanks, canterlope. We are all thinking of them today.

petit fromage
Feb. 27, 2007, 08:28 AM
Do you have any suggestions, canterlope? Cards, letters, prayers, anything?

monstrpony
Feb. 27, 2007, 08:34 AM
Anything.

My thoughts are with them, and if the collective thoughts and wishes of a large group of remote supporters can do any good at all, it will be done. This is a situation that any of us can or could have faced in our eventing careers; we all wish it were not so, but when it has to be faced, I think we all realize that we have to share the unpleasantnesses in any way we can.

I don't know these people, but they are in my thoughts today and in the days to come. May the Power of the Jingle be at its best today.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

frugalannie
Feb. 27, 2007, 08:42 AM
Amanda, her family, and friends have been in my thoughts and prayers since I first heard about this. Especially so today...

Ja Da Dee
Feb. 27, 2007, 09:10 AM
Amanda and her family are in my thoughts, sending strength and peace to them.

Debbie
Feb. 27, 2007, 09:30 AM
Praying for Amanda and her family.

Dressage62
Feb. 27, 2007, 09:54 AM
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=evntr

I'm lighting candles for Amanda and Kim Meier.
Jingling and praying every day.

eks
Feb. 27, 2007, 10:10 AM
Thinking of, and praying for Amanda and her family constantly. Wishing there was something we could do to help her family and friends during this time.

maxxtrot
Feb. 27, 2007, 10:18 AM
prayers and jingles are with amanda and her family from me and all my critters today as well as they have been since this accident. i just wish there was something we, the people that live so close to gainesville could do for her family. if there is, please let us know.

Jazzy Lady
Feb. 27, 2007, 10:24 AM
Prayers be with Kim and her family on this very difficult day.

One Star
Feb. 27, 2007, 11:22 AM
Thought I would share a nice picture of Amanda and Samira with everyone.

Prayers, loving thoughts, and fond memories of Amanda are in the forefront of my mind today.

My best to her family and dearest friends during these difficult times.

Invested1
Feb. 27, 2007, 11:30 AM
Thought I would share a nice picture of Amanda and Samira with everyone.

Prayers, loving thoughts, and fond memories of Amanda are in the forefront of my mind today.

My best to her family and dearest friends during these difficult times.

Did she pass away? :cry:

cyberbay
Feb. 27, 2007, 12:36 PM
It is my understanding that she will be removed from life support today. I state this only in the aim of helping people focus their thoughts and prayers and help each of us in our own healing.

I am a friend of Amanda's, from Accord (sort of), and I am heartbroken.

ponymom64
Feb. 27, 2007, 12:39 PM
My deepest sympathies for her family and friends

CANTEREOIN
Feb. 27, 2007, 12:44 PM
There are no words I can offer as comfort but if I could find them I would do so. Loving what you do and being able to do it is one of God's greatest gifts. There are hundreds of eventers praying for your peace even if they haven't had the opportunity to post.

NeverTime
Feb. 27, 2007, 12:45 PM
Godspeed.

Platinum Equestrian
Feb. 27, 2007, 12:51 PM
I'm so sorry, prayers for her family at this difficult time.

Thank-you for sharing that beautiful photo of her.

austin
Feb. 27, 2007, 12:56 PM
I burn my candle at both ends,
It may not last the night,
but oh my foes and ah my friends,
it makes a lovely light.

-Edna St. Vincent Millay

LAZ
Feb. 27, 2007, 01:07 PM
Godspeed, and deep appreciation to the family for having the strength to let her go.

CookiePony
Feb. 27, 2007, 01:24 PM
Hugs and prayers for her family.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

RiverBendPol
Feb. 27, 2007, 01:43 PM
Hang on folks, I BELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE Tuesday (today) marks the day of reassessing and decision-making. Be careful here, this is a public forum. Surely we are all together in our concern but let us not be premature in our postings. It is not up to forum folks to be passing medical information along to the masses. Stand quietly now, say your prayers, jingle your curb chains but do NOT pass along information that could be misinterpreted.

cyberbay
Feb. 27, 2007, 02:23 PM
R'BendPol -- if I said something prematurely, I sincerely, sincerely apologize.

PBHORSES
Feb. 27, 2007, 08:08 PM
Thanx RiverbendPol, I agree that this is a time for all of us to jingle as hard as we can for Amanda, her family and her friends. Medical details are being kept close to the vest right now, as they should be. When that changes, we will all be able to chat but until then, lets just think positive thoughts for all...

4Martini
Feb. 27, 2007, 09:11 PM
Jingles from Colorado!

harryjohnson Aefvue Senior Gardens
Feb. 27, 2007, 09:30 PM
My thoughts are with this young woman and her family.

Longspot
Feb. 27, 2007, 09:39 PM
I've been keeping her and her loved ones in my thoughts.

RiverBendPol
Feb. 27, 2007, 09:51 PM
PBH, you have a PM.

Painted Wings
Feb. 27, 2007, 10:30 PM
She looks so lovely in that photo. Thanks for posting it. I will jingle in my heart for her. I've been thinking of her a lot. It could be any one of us adult amateurs.

Noctis
Feb. 27, 2007, 10:41 PM
so so many jingles and prayers

B Street Tango
Feb. 27, 2007, 11:01 PM
Sending peaceful, healing thoughts for all involved.

annikak
Feb. 28, 2007, 08:37 AM
jingles to everyone close to Amanda, esp Amanda....thinking good, positive thoughts.
And One *, thanks for the great picture. Lovely....

monstrpony
Feb. 28, 2007, 08:38 AM
More jingles. Amanda and her people are in my thoughts.

PBHORSES
Feb. 28, 2007, 09:07 AM
It is with deep regret that I write to let you all know that Amanda passed away very peacefully at about 5:00 am this morning. Please continue to jingle for her husband, her parents, her sister and all of her dear friends as we try to take the next step without a very special person. She sure will be missed but her legacy will live on...

Ja Da Dee
Feb. 28, 2007, 09:09 AM
Rest in peace Amanda.

my heart and thoughts go out to her family and friends.

flypony74
Feb. 28, 2007, 09:10 AM
My deepest condolences to Amanda's family and friends. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers. May the fond memories that they have of Amanda be of comfort to them during this difficult time.

Noctis
Feb. 28, 2007, 09:13 AM
RIP Amanda. And jingles and prayers for everyone who was close to her.

hey101
Feb. 28, 2007, 09:15 AM
I am so very, very sorry to hear this. I have thought of Amanda every day since I heard the news. Deepest sympathy to her family and friends.

NoGreatMischief
Feb. 28, 2007, 09:16 AM
Rest in Peace, Amanda. :cry:

horse show mom
Feb. 28, 2007, 09:20 AM
Deepest Sympathy to all of Amanda's family and friends. I hope some comfort comes from knowing she was doing what she loved. God must have needed another angel.

ponygirl
Feb. 28, 2007, 09:21 AM
Sincerest and deepest condolences to Amanda's family and loved ones.

Dressage62
Feb. 28, 2007, 09:21 AM
Lighting a candle in her memory.
Saying a prayer for the family.

monstrpony
Feb. 28, 2007, 09:31 AM
Another candle lit. So very sorry. :cry: :cry: :cry:

One Star
Feb. 28, 2007, 09:32 AM
Godspeed, Amanda.

CJ4ME
Feb. 28, 2007, 09:43 AM
My sympathies to Amanda's family and friends.

Rest In Peace.

fooler
Feb. 28, 2007, 09:48 AM
Condolences to Amanda's family and friends

Invested1
Feb. 28, 2007, 09:55 AM
So, so very sorry to hear this. :cry:
Her friends and family are in my thoughts.

Catalina
Feb. 28, 2007, 09:57 AM
I did not know Amanda, but my heart goes out to her family in this time of sadness :cry:.

ne900
Feb. 28, 2007, 10:25 AM
I did not know Amanda personally, though as a fellow adult amateur in Area I, I feel like she was a comrade. She has been in my thoughts since I heard of her accident. My deepest condolences to her husband, family, and friends.

Rest in peace Amanda.

eks
Feb. 28, 2007, 10:32 AM
Words cannot express how sad I am to hear of Amanda's passing.

I am continuing to pray for her parents, husband, sister and friends.

maxxtrot
Feb. 28, 2007, 10:45 AM
i am very sadned to hear of this news. i have had her, her family and friends in my thoughts everyday since this happened. god speed amanda.i am sure she will be deeply missed:(

gillenwaterfarm
Feb. 28, 2007, 10:48 AM
Godspeed Amanda. Continued prayers for her family and friends.

Sobriska
Feb. 28, 2007, 10:52 AM
Godspeed Amanda.
Prayers and jingles for all who love her.

conflictedlynn
Feb. 28, 2007, 10:57 AM
I did not know Amanda, but can only send my deepest sympathies to her family, friends, and all who knew and loved her. My thoughts and prayers go out to you all.

Godspeed to Amanda.

GotSpots
Feb. 28, 2007, 11:03 AM
Words fail me. So very sorry. Godspeed.

BBowen
Feb. 28, 2007, 11:05 AM
I just read this thread on Amanda's injury and now her passing. What a loss for the eventing community. My sincere condolences go out to her family and friends during this terrible time. I will remember them in my prayers. She and her horse were a lovely pair. RIP.

Stewie
Feb. 28, 2007, 11:06 AM
My deepest condolences to her family and friends.
Simply heartbreaking news.

javma
Feb. 28, 2007, 11:23 AM
Although I did not know Amanda, she has been in my thoughts and prayers each day since her accident. I have checked this thread daily, as I know many of us have, hoping for good news. It is with great sadness that I read of her passing today; she was obviously a wonderful person, lovely horsewoman, wonderful wife, daughter, sister and friend. My deepest condolences go out to her family, friends and loved ones.

ponymom64
Feb. 28, 2007, 12:03 PM
My deepest condolances to Amanda's family and friends. May God give them strength during this sad time.

Godspeed Amanda.....

Jazzy Lady
Feb. 28, 2007, 12:27 PM
My sincerest condolences to Amanda's friends and family. Rest in Peace Amanda.

clivers
Feb. 28, 2007, 12:28 PM
sincere, heartfelt condolences to Amanda's family and friends, and everybody in the eventing family who I know will genuinely suffer this loss together.

witherbee
Feb. 28, 2007, 12:30 PM
So sad and tragic.... Thoughts and prayers to her friends and family. Godspeed Amanda.

cinnabar
Feb. 28, 2007, 12:40 PM
My deepest sympathy to Amanda's family and friends. From all the lovely sentiments written here, I wish I had known her.

Auburn
Feb. 28, 2007, 12:45 PM
May God bless Amanda in her passing and give comfort to her family and friends. AUBURN

Platinum Equestrian
Feb. 28, 2007, 12:46 PM
I'm sorry to hear of her passing. My prayers are with all that lost a dear friend or family member in her.

kml84
Feb. 28, 2007, 02:38 PM
So sad.......:no:

Lori T
Feb. 28, 2007, 03:05 PM
I am truely sorry to hear this latest news. So many people were hoping for a miracle. My sympathies go out to her family.

caseyjones
Feb. 28, 2007, 03:36 PM
It is with much sadness to hear the news of Amanda's passing. Her family is in our prayers. What a lovely picture of her on her horse.

AppJumpr08
Feb. 28, 2007, 03:58 PM
HUGE HUGS to her family and friends - I never had the pleasure of meeting her.
I'm sure she's enjoying long gallops over the most beautiful cross country courses any of us have ever seen.

smk7b
Feb. 28, 2007, 04:16 PM
I pray for Amanda's family, and I hope hope we may be reminded of the light she brought to the world whenever we look at our own horses. Amanda left us prematurely, but it is comforting to know she was doing what she loved.

"Tie the strings to my Life, My Lord,
Then, I am ready to go!
Just a look at the Horses-
Rapid! That will do!"
Emily Dickinson

B Street Tango
Feb. 28, 2007, 04:23 PM
What terrible, terrible news. It saddens me that this community has lost another one of our own.

Me deepest condolenses to her family and friends.

harryjohnson Aefvue Senior Gardens
Feb. 28, 2007, 05:39 PM
My sincere sympathies to Amanda, her family, and her friends.

RunForIt
Feb. 28, 2007, 05:41 PM
Godspeed, Amanda.

Peace

retreadeventer
Feb. 28, 2007, 06:16 PM
Jingles and prayers for peaceful rest in heaven, may her family also find peace and comfort some way in knowing she did what she loved. I also pray for her horse, that she is understood and cared for, as the animals do only our bidding and are blameless.

CookiePony
Feb. 28, 2007, 06:56 PM
What a sad day. I did not know Amanda, but it sounds as if the world is a poorer place for having lost her. Peace and hugs to her family and friends.

RiverBendPol
Feb. 28, 2007, 07:22 PM
I am so saddened by this great loss. We have surely lost one of our shining lights. I hope Amanda's family can find the strength to get through this unimaginable time. Very best wishes to all who are feeling the misery.

ponybreeder
Feb. 28, 2007, 07:34 PM
Sincere condolences to all of Amanda's family and friends. This is very sad news.
I am not an eventer, but have been praying for Amanda, but was unable to find the thread. Would it be a consideration to rename it so that people who have not followed the thread could drop in and pay their respects to this amazing young woman?

hoofpix
Feb. 28, 2007, 09:12 PM
I knew Amanda mostly through my photographs. But had the pleasure of spending time with her on and off over the past 2 years. She was intelligent, energetic, and passionate about eventing. The only thought that comforts me now is that she was doing what she loved. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

I put together a small tribute to Amanda, with some of the images I have of her from the past few years... I hope many of you will pay a visit and share her passion:
http://www.hoofpix.com/amanda/index.html

Fred
Feb. 28, 2007, 09:13 PM
May God bless Amanda in her passing, and give strength and comfort to her family and friends at this very sad time.
My heartfelt condolences.

PB, well said.

Lori T
Feb. 28, 2007, 09:55 PM
Hoofpix..thanks for such a beautiful tribute.

CookiePony
Feb. 28, 2007, 09:58 PM
Beautiful, hoofpix, I've always loved your work and what a thoughtful tribute.

Chardonneigh
Feb. 28, 2007, 10:18 PM
My heart aches for Amanda and her family. May she rest in peace.....

kcooper
Mar. 1, 2007, 07:20 AM
I am so sorry this has happened. I hope Amanda's family is coping as well as they can.
Thank you Pam for posting those photos. That was very kind.

ponygirl
Mar. 1, 2007, 08:24 AM
hoofpix- this is beautiful.

sidepasser
Mar. 1, 2007, 09:10 AM
Beautiful photos of a lovely lady and her mount - sending prayers to her family and friends.

Dressage62
Mar. 1, 2007, 09:30 AM
Still lighting candles....

asterix
Mar. 1, 2007, 09:37 AM
What a sad and sobering day for all of us who do this sport.
Her family and loved ones are in our hearts today.

GreyDun
Mar. 1, 2007, 10:20 AM
For those of you who posted pictures, may I include them on the USEA website under Amanda's page in the "What's New" section? Please PM me and if you'd like I can properly credit the photographer... I think providing pictures of Amanda gives people a better sense of who she was as person and a horseman - something that words just can't do.

IQ3day14
Mar. 1, 2007, 11:08 AM
I am praying for all of her family. So sorry to hear about her passing. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.:cry:

RiverBendPol
Mar. 1, 2007, 12:00 PM
If you all want to make your appreciation of Amanda known to her family, you may donate, in her name, to Windrush, a fabulous therapeutic riding program in Boxford, MA.

This was on the USEA web page this morning:
>>...Memorial contributions may be made in c/o of Windrush Farm, Therapeutic Riding Center, 31 Brookview Rd., Boxford, MA 01921....<<

circusponydreams
Mar. 1, 2007, 12:33 PM
My heart goes out to Amanda's family and friends.

Thank you for the donation info, RiverBendPol, and thank you for the beautiful tribute, hoofpix. I remember admiring this pair's bold XC trip at Radnor last year.

copper bay farm
Mar. 1, 2007, 12:44 PM
So very sorry. :(

A favorite line from a song always comes to mind in moments like these:

Though endings are never ever happy
It's the happy moments along the way
That in the end
Make it...ok...

Godspeed Amanda.

Plumb Loco
Mar. 1, 2007, 03:50 PM
I would like to express my sincerest condolences to Amanda's family and friends.

It is quite obvious that Amanda was a very accomplished and dedicated rider. While there is nothing we can do to reverse this tragic accident, we can let the example of her passion be our inspiration.

In tribute to Amanda: follow your bliss and take your life by the reins and kick on.

May a little piece of Amanda's spirit find a place in all of our hearts.

RunForIt
Mar. 1, 2007, 04:20 PM
If you all want to make your appreciation of Amanda known to her family, you may donate, in her name, to Windrush, a fabulous therapeutic riding program in Boxford, MA.
:yes:

Thanks so much, RBP for the thoughtful post - contribution will be on its way in the morning.

In tribute to Amanda: follow your bliss and take your life by the reins and kick on.
:)

Thank you, Plumb Loco - I'm in the middle of a huge decision that involves the long range plans and education of many kids in our school system...another friend just urged me to do the very same - I'm going to need the courage that Amanda rode with to manage this decision...I'm going to be brave and kick on!

TBpalsx3
Mar. 1, 2007, 10:06 PM
Hoofpix the photo tribute was wonderful especially for those of us that did not know Amanda. My heart aches for her famliy and friends. Godspeed Amanda. I will remember her and her loved ones in my daily prayers. I am so saddened by all the tragic events in the eventing world within the past year. We all need to pray for the care and safety of all our riders and their equine companions everyday and at every competition. I hope her family and friends are held safely in God's care at this sad time in their lives.

PBHORSES
Mar. 2, 2007, 06:23 PM
THERE ARE GREAT PICTURES THAT HAVECONTRIBUTED AND I CRY LOOKING AT THEM AS I WAS AT SOME OF THE EVENTS WITH AMANDA WHERE THEY WERE TAKEN. THERE ARE MORE PICTURES POSTED ON THE USEA SITE THAT FURTHER EXEMPLIFY THE WONDERFUL PAIR THAT AMANDA AND SAMIRA WERE. HERE IS THAT LINK FOR ANYONE INTERESTED:

http://www.useventing.com/start.php?id=746

THANK YOU TO PAMELA, BRANT, ONE STAR AND PETE...ALL OF WHOM HAVE PUT PICTURES OUT THERE FOR ALL OF US TO ENJOY AND REMINISCE ABOUT AMANDA...I AM IMPRESSED AS SOME OF THOSE SAME PICTURES ADORN THE WALLS AND TABLES IN AMANDA'S HOME AND OFFICE. YOU ALL PICKED THE SAME ONES THAT AMANDA HAS CHOSEN AS HER FAVORITES!!

THANX...

CJ4ME
Mar. 2, 2007, 06:41 PM
Those pictures are lovely, Amanda looks just great and Samira is so flashy and talented! What a shame these two didn't have the chance to accomplish all they set out to do. I know they were up and coming on fast.

Again, my sympathies to everyone who knew and loved Amanda.

RunForIt
Mar. 2, 2007, 08:18 PM
shot from Radnor 2006 - GALLOPING!!!! AT RADNOR!!!!!! :) :) :) :D

Look at this picture - Amanda went into the next existence LIVING - I adore her...this day has been hard for me, had to grit my teeth and do what I knew was the right thing for a whole lot of kids for a long time - I got the resolve and GUTS to do it looking at this picture and trying to live like the young woman galloping this horse and BELIEVING...
thank you, Amanda for this day. I truly do not believe I would have done it without you.

JustEvent
Mar. 3, 2007, 10:52 AM
Rest in peace, Amanda - your inspiring personality in life and our sport will be greatly missed. My thoughts and prayers to your family and friends.

Claddagh
Mar. 3, 2007, 11:21 AM
I am not an eventer and did not know Amanda. But as a fellow horse person I feel great sadness for her and her family and friends. To lose someone is so very hard. And to have this kind of outcome from doing something that you love … well, it just shouldn’t end this way. :cry:

Godspeed Amanda. (I have a couple of lovely horses there, always ready for a hug.)