PDA

View Full Version : Choo-Choo!!!!

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 26, 2006, 07:31 PM
Hi! I am new to dressage, I just bought a beautiful imported Freisan Arab TB cross (because I didn't want a pony sized horse) from Europe who has been trained to the Grand Prix level. We went to our first rated show and got all 8s and 9s in Training Level One, is that good? My trainer rode him in Grand Prix and he won the championship, so I guess that's okay. I was very worried because he was just trimmed by our Strasser guy and the footing wasn't very good.

tarragon
Oct. 26, 2006, 07:38 PM
Ooooh, Geek, you are evil. Very, very bad geek.

Or is this your scary post for Halloween? :winkgrin: :yes: :winkgrin:

fiona
Oct. 26, 2006, 07:40 PM
Wow that is sooo impressive!
Did your trainers mom judge? Or your trainers husband? It's only bad if the breeder flew in from Gronignen especially to judge your class but that's that no one will recongnise them. y'gotta be ribboned by a name.

Can you do a clinic at my farm? We got some percheron cross foundation stock for our new stud book Swaledale Sportzherde.

Reynard Ridge
Oct. 26, 2006, 07:47 PM
Geek! Too many peeps, girl! Time to lay off! :lol: :lol:

physical.energy
Oct. 26, 2006, 07:54 PM
I bet you and your trainer won because the horse was warmed up in Rollkur:winkgrin:

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 26, 2006, 08:09 PM
Was it rollkur? Or the Strasser method? or peeps? or paying off the judge?

naters
Oct. 26, 2006, 08:14 PM
Wow that is sooo impressive!
Did your trainers mom judge? Or your trainers husband? It's only bad if the breeder flew in from Gronignen especially to judge your class but that's that no one will recongnise them. y'gotta be ribboned by a name.

Can you do a clinic at my farm? We got some percheron cross foundation stock for our new stud book Swaledale Sportzherde.

Ummm.... no, I think her trainers "client" (of the other variety....) was judging ;)

Equibrit
Oct. 26, 2006, 08:15 PM
Could this by chance be you?
http://www.classical-equitation.com/index.php/classic/on_line_resources/images_photos_videos_the_galleries/gallery/andalusian

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 26, 2006, 08:30 PM
.."no input file was specified?"

equusrocks
Oct. 26, 2006, 08:39 PM
Well, *I* think it's likely the judge liked your blinged out carrot stick. I'll bet nobody else had one of those. Most DQ's just haven't found the beauty of Parellisim. :no:

Appassionato
Oct. 26, 2006, 08:47 PM
I'm thinking it was DressageGeek's newly blinged out GPA helmet that won her that class. Not to mention her new EasyBoot Bares. She brought style AND function to dressage. Refreshing, I say!

Eventer13
Oct. 26, 2006, 08:56 PM
Well, I only hope you rode in a pelham. Because you can't do any upper level moments without one :)

Appassionato
Oct. 26, 2006, 08:58 PM
Well, I only hope you rode in a pelham. Because you can't do any upper level moments without one :)

Well DUH! In the GP, wasn't it like, required??? :lol: Novices around this joint...:D

Eventer13
Oct. 26, 2006, 09:28 PM
Well DUH! In the GP, wasn't it like, required??? :lol: Novices around this joint...:D

Oops, my bad :)

I'm glad I found where to buy my next horse. I've been looking for years, and its SOOO hard to get any quality TB/Friesian/Arab crosses in the states. Are breeding programs are just so behind the europeans.

So what was your music for the freestyle? You do know that its best to get something rockin', the judges love to have something to dance to while judging your tests. I prefer yodelling myself, but I'm rather old-fashioned.

Alagirl
Oct. 26, 2006, 09:34 PM
I think the music ought to be Kenny G and John Tesh.

I just talked to my Cousin. He was all excited that he got to see David Haselhoff at one of th horseshows.

He sadi he was hanging out with the Oranje Crew and basicaly drooling over Anky

Anybody heard about that?

JSwan
Oct. 26, 2006, 09:53 PM
Well, that would explain why Salinero bolted!

I just talked to my Cousin. He was all excited that he got to see David Haselhoff at one of th horseshows.

egontoast
Oct. 26, 2006, 09:54 PM
Are you the rider in that photo "Beginning to find his feet".

here's a tip. If you install a mirror on your stomach, you may be able to find your feet.

Your horse will do the Grand Prix better if you cut the grain and get a treeless saddle.

Appassionato
Oct. 26, 2006, 09:55 PM

See? This is why you'll never be "me" in freestyle. You just don't get it. You want to rock the judges? Then you've got to be mind-blowing. Just for a gentle start, how about some Metallica? Their later stuff is very new-to-metal friendly.

egontoast
Oct. 26, 2006, 09:57 PM
It's not true that Salinero bolted. My friend was there and she said Anky was trying to run over Isabel.

Alagirl
Oct. 26, 2006, 09:58 PM
See? This is why you'll never be "me" in freestyle. You just don't get it. You want to rock the judges? Then you've got to be mind-blowing. Just for a gentle start, how about some Metallica? Their later stuff is very new-to-metal friendly.

Hell's bells?!:rolleyes:

Appassionato
Oct. 26, 2006, 10:00 PM

ONLY if you've got a horse with a strong enough presence. Otherwise, you'll just look silly. :lol:

Alagirl
Oct. 26, 2006, 10:07 PM
ONLY if you've got a horse with a strong enough presence. Otherwise, you'll just look silly. :lol:

Darnit! And I was gonna try it for my 13.6h Vanner Ayrab cross, you know the Irish Corkhorse...

appaloosalady
Oct. 26, 2006, 10:07 PM
I think you scored so high because you remembered to show off your "boozies" and sit on your "poozie". Oh wait, that really only works in hunter eq. Sorry, me bad.

Appassionato
Oct. 26, 2006, 10:16 PM
Darnit! And I was gonna try it for my 13.6h Vanner Ayrab cross, you know the Irish Corkhorse...

:lol:

Silly Alagirl, didn't you know that ponies are so passee'?

Appassionato
Oct. 26, 2006, 10:23 PM
I think you scored so high because you remembered to show off your "boozies" and sit on your "poozie". Oh wait, that really only works in hunter eq. Sorry, me bad.

I've found a whole new way of riding that's gonna smash RollKur in the dirt: The ultimate inside hand crossed over the withers to the outside. You know, so you can get the big stupid SOB horse to turn? I'm telling you, that's going to completely revolutionize dressage. Between that and practicing my freestyles via boombox-tied-to-pommel like a flask case and I've been pratcicing in a basketball court for it's unbelievable acoustics...who's gonna be able to touch this? Anky, step aside I say.

Thinking oabout blinging my dress boots into a flip flop pattern too, you know, so the judges take note? Yeah, rock on my friends!

appaloosalady
Oct. 26, 2006, 10:55 PM
Why not just bling out the flip flops and ride in them? Who really needs boots? I always thought they were just another classist fad.

horse_poor
Oct. 26, 2006, 11:31 PM
Geek, not matter how you try to talk it up, it's WTD :D

Alagirl
Oct. 26, 2006, 11:41 PM

Silly Alagirl, didn't you know that ponies are so passee'?

:eek: How DARE you, it is NOT a PONY!!!!:mad: It's a Cork Horse! Very rare and stuff.

Risk-Averse Rider
Oct. 27, 2006, 01:04 AM
:eek: How DARE you, it is NOT a PONY!!!!:mad: It's a Cork Horse! Very rare and stuff.A Cork Horse - does that mean if you get caught in a heavy rain, your horse just floats along on top of the water?

Risk-Averse Rider
Oct. 27, 2006, 01:11 AM

Anybody heard about that?Speaking of David Haselhoff... How about this for freestyle music?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-720650682163363570
You could be right on the cutting edge with vocals - and maybe you could project the video simultaneously on huge video screens at either end of the arena during your ride.

(Can you believe that this video was a huge hit in Europe? At least, that's what I was told...)

Mozart
Oct. 27, 2006, 01:19 AM
Big rip. You only got those scores because your trainer warmed your horse up for you. Then rode in the warm up ring with a big (okay, medium) woody on so as to distract the judge from your hellacious ride. Oh and another thing? I hear your horse freebases peeps.

Top that, mon cher :cool:

Alagirl
Oct. 27, 2006, 01:22 AM
A Cork Horse - does that mean if you get caught in a heavy rain, your horse just floats along on top of the water?

:yes: all 13.6h of him! and you should see his pretty hair! All over!:yes:

equusrocks
Oct. 27, 2006, 02:12 AM
Speaking of David Haselhoff... How about this for freestyle music?
You could be right on the cutting edge with vocals - and maybe you could project the video simultaneously on huge video screens at either end of the arena during your ride.

(Can you believe that this video was a huge hit in Europe? At least, that's what I was told...)

That, and Snoop's Gin and Juice, and I think you're set. Of course, you could hire at least 8 chippendales in leopardprint thongs doing the oooga ooga oooooga cha cha or whatevertheheckitis (one at each letter on the perimiter of the arena). :yes: Heck Yes!!!

JSwan
Oct. 27, 2006, 08:48 AM
Oooooo, catfight!

Wink wink nudge nudge

It's not true that Salinero bolted. My friend was there and she said Anky was trying to run over Isabel.

DairyQueen2049
Oct. 27, 2006, 10:36 AM
A Cork Horse - does that mean if you get caught in a heavy rain, your horse just floats along on top of the water?

I KNOW these famous horses in poetry

"Ride a Cork Horse
To Banbury Cross
To see a fine lady
upon a white horse...."

Very famous, these Cork horses....

Rebe
Oct. 27, 2006, 10:50 AM
Ahh, Geek, you missed me at the show... you know, I had the Big Lick TWH (rescued from the slaughter truck) in the Intro A musical freestyle. He went really well because I had him in a tack noseband (the kind with bling on the inside) and a sidepull bridle. One of our special moves was the one-rein stop I did for my final halt. I borrowed the "Pomp and Circumstance" music from the Germans at the WEG because I thought it was so, um, lyrical. Yeah, lyrical.

slc2
Oct. 27, 2006, 11:20 AM
i dont think this is funny either. do i get tortured now? (like mel gibson in south park episode?)

hey101
Oct. 27, 2006, 11:55 AM

i was thinking Ozzie's "Crazy Train" might be suitable...

Sdhaurmsmom
Oct. 27, 2006, 12:05 PM
That, and Snoop's Gin and Juice, and I think you're set. Of course, you could hire at least 8 chippendales in leopardprint thongs doing the oooga ooga oooooga cha cha or whatevertheheckitis (one at each letter on the perimiter of the arena). :yes: Heck Yes!!!

Ah, man...the best visual picture I've had in a WEEK! Thank you Equusrocks!!!:D

Rebe
Oct. 27, 2006, 12:25 PM
i dont think this is funny either.

Ahh, slc2, I've learned so quickly that I can always count on you.

My point, along with Geek, is that if you just mention one of the topics included in our posts, you can get the trainwreckers instantly rolling. What's sad is that it has to be actually pointed out to some on this board for them to understand (or not...).

We all need to be able to laugh at ourselves and our prejudices. It certainly keeps me from taking myself too seriously. :winkgrin:

Wild Oaks Farm
Oct. 27, 2006, 12:43 PM
Geek, maybe I will see you at the next show with my imported Gypsy Vanner/Friesian/American Grand cross. It is the new thing in Dressage. We are showing Intro level but schooling training. We were set back a year when I found out that my custom-made treeless saddle didn't fit properly (which is of course the reason we couldn't leg yield). Also, my trainer told me I was using the wrong boots on my horse. You really need Eskadrons to leg yield properly. I also had the wrong bit. I was riding in a snaffle but my trainer let me know that I needed a gold-plated bit handcrafted in an Swedish mountain village to get "true" connection.

slc2
Oct. 27, 2006, 12:55 PM
"Ahh, slc2, I've learned so quickly that I can always count on you....what you fail to see....laugh at ourselves....(yadda yadda yadda)"

ah, ok, thanks for the sermon.

actually, these threads are fairly obviously the so called 'laugh at ourselves' threads, and uh, yeah, they're just not something i find funny. and no, that doesn't make me disabled or mentally ill or retarded, if i don't find something funny that you do find funny.

egontoast
Oct. 27, 2006, 01:15 PM
actually, these threads are fairly obviously the so called 'laugh at ourselves' threads, and uh, yeah, they're just not something i find funny. and no, that doesn't make me disabled or mentally ill or retarded, if i don't find something funny that you do find funny.

Yeehah! Slc needs more bullwritin!

If you are missing your hairbrush I think I know where it is.
YOWCH! That must hurt.:eek:

Risk-Averse Rider
Oct. 27, 2006, 02:04 PM
actually, these threads are fairly obviously the so called 'laugh at ourselves' threads, and uh, yeah, they're just not something i find funny. and no, that doesn't make me disabled or mentally ill or retarded, if i don't find something funny that you do find funny.You clearly find this thread interesting on some level, or you wouldn't have posted on it twice. Yes, I know that "interesting" <> "funny" - but I find it amusing that you bother reading and commenting on something that you publicly denounce. You know very well that not one of the posters on this thread cares one whit whether or not you find it funny, because we are all happily entertaining ourselves. Yet you feel compelled to announce your feelings on the subject.

Now, THAT I find interesting.

Ibex
Oct. 27, 2006, 02:16 PM
Geek, maybe I will see you at the next show with my imported Gypsy Vanner/Friesian/American Grand cross. It is the new thing in Dressage. We are showing Intro level but schooling training. We were set back a year when I found out that my custom-made treeless saddle didn't fit properly (which is of course the reason we couldn't leg yield). Also, my trainer told me I was using the wrong boots on my horse. You really need Eskadrons to leg yield properly. I also had the wrong bit. I was riding in a snaffle but my trainer let me know that I needed a gold-plated bit handcrafted in an Swedish mountain village to get "true" connection.

That's awesome you're going to make it to the next show! I was going to take my 18hh GV/Friesian cross, but I've been told he's too small for me. It's too bad, because I just bought a trailer that I'm hoping to tow with my new Smart car.

Gnalli
Oct. 27, 2006, 05:47 PM
Geek! Too many peeps, girl! Time to lay off! :lol: :lol:

You are SOO not one to talk about a multitude of peeps, my dear RR. Was it or was it not you that was hiding behind the couch eating candy hiding from the wee ones? I remember.....Oh, I forgot, I have to send candy to your babies, don't I ?

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 27, 2006, 05:51 PM
*sigh* Our freestyle was done to selections from Pat Boone's "In a Metal Mood." Why do Metallica when you can go right to the source? It also helps because if the judges are hurling in their little judges' boxes, they miss when you break gait or forget your test or stuff like that.

Reynard Ridge
Oct. 27, 2006, 08:02 PM
You are SOO not one to talk about a multitude of peeps, my dear RR. Was it or was it not you that was hiding behind the couch eating candy hiding from the wee ones? I remember.....Oh, I forgot, I have to send candy to your babies, don't I ?

:uhoh: Your memory is way too good. :no:

I am now hiding behind the couch scarfing down the candy corn. I like my holidays, one at a time, thank you, and I am waiting for the Halloween candy corn/candy pumpkin season to be over to address the upcoming Christmas Peep season.

So. No point in sending candy for my children. I can assure you it will never, ever reach them. :lol: :lol:

Reynard Ridge
Oct. 27, 2006, 08:04 PM
*sigh* Our freestyle was done to selections from Pat Boone's "In a Metal Mood." Why do Metallica when you can go right to the source? It also helps because if the judges are hurling in their little judges' boxes, they miss when you break gait or forget your test or stuff like that.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Pat BOONE??? Doing Metallica???? WWhhhaa?? You're kidding, right? Please tell me this isn't real??

Bogey2
Oct. 27, 2006, 08:27 PM
18hh GV/Friesian cross

you have an American Warmblood?:lol:

Equinetech
Oct. 27, 2006, 08:28 PM
Hi! I am new to dressage, I just bought a beautiful imported Freisan Arab TB cross (because I didn't want a pony sized horse) from Europe who has been trained to the Grand Prix level. We went to our first rated show and got all 8s and 9s in Training Level One, is that good? My trainer rode him in Grand Prix and he won the championship, so I guess that's okay. I was very worried because he was just trimmed by our Strasser guy and the footing wasn't very good.
Does Ted know he's no longer an only child? :lol:

Equinetech
Oct. 27, 2006, 08:35 PM
No no no, I disagree. It's got to be more edgy, with a violent undertone...I'd go for "Dude Looks Like A Lady" by Aerosmith. After all, didn't they write that song about Vince Neil (Motely Crue lead singer)

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 27, 2006, 08:52 PM
Pat Boone had some "friends" (yes, yes, with friends like this...) who suggested he do an album of metal favorites. In his own inimitable style. I am not joking. I have one of possibly only four copies sold (a lovely gift given to me by my lab for one birthday...and when I wanted to piss off my colleagues on my hall, we would get the CD going, crank it up, open the door, and let the, um, music waft out).

He does "Stairway to Heaven," "Smoke on the Water," "Love Hurts," and several others. Always cheers me up, because you have to think, "You know, you could be reduced to doing something like this CD...at least your work will stand the test of time, and won't necessarily make anyone hurl. And your work may help alleviate depression, while his may actually cause it."

So you see, a truly fine selection for anyone's freestyle, especially an 18hh GV/Thelwell pony cross. Or whatever it was I rode.

And RR - try the mellowcreme pumpkins. More to them than the candy corn. The candy corn is just for a quick emergency sugar hit, but it doesn't stay with you like mellowcreme pumpkins.

And yes, we are back to freebasing peeps. Now that they are plentiful, we did in a small box of the pumpkin heads last night. Two as a greeting coming in from the pasture, 8 while we were grooming and tacking up, and then two in pieces on top of the bran/alfalfa pellets/beet pulp mash with pancake syrup (great bottle, when empty it will be refilled with molasses).

What does this have to do with dressage, you might ask? Well, this was before/during/after a dressage lesson. And a good one, thanks to all that sugar.

YoungFilly
Oct. 27, 2006, 09:01 PM
Maybe its just me but I think David Haselhoff looks incrediably HOT in that video! Good Grief, he is one handsome guy! The video, was a little, um, weird.

I so wish I could write as hilariously as all you guys, every time I try, it just comes out sounding boring. Nothing I say is anywhere near as funny or whitty as some. :)

Speaking of David Haselhoff... How about this for freestyle music?

Equibrit
Oct. 27, 2006, 09:03 PM
I am not touching that with a barge pole!

MidlifeCrisis
Oct. 27, 2006, 09:14 PM
Dear Dressage Geek,

Does this new horse have Divine chestnuts or Darwinian chestnuts? I need to know what to look for when I go horse-shopping again.

Appassionato
Oct. 27, 2006, 09:35 PM
Yeehah! Slc needs more bullwritin!

If you are missing your hairbrush I think I know where it is.
YOWCH! That must hurt.:eek:

:eek: :lol:

I just choked on my red wine!

Appassionato
Oct. 27, 2006, 09:37 PM
Maybe its just me but I think David Haselhoff looks incrediably HOT in that video! Good Grief, he is one handsome guy! The video, was a little, um, weird.

I so wish I could write as hilariously as all you guys, every time I try, it just comes out sounding boring. Nothing I say is anywhere near as funny or whitty as some. :)

Read through this forum, or lately through this thread, for material. ;)

Kathy Johnson
Oct. 27, 2006, 10:55 PM
David Hasselhoff, Craig Stevens and I are all really big in Japan. I mean it, really big.

horselips
Oct. 27, 2006, 11:05 PM
You clearly find this thread interesting on some level, or you wouldn't have posted on it twice. Yes, I know that "interesting" <> "funny" - but I find it amusing that you bother reading and commenting on something that you publicly denounce. You know very well that not one of the posters on this thread cares one whit whether or not you find it funny, because we are all happily entertaining ourselves. Yet you feel compelled to announce your feelings on the subject.

Now, THAT I find interesting.

Just ignore her; she won't go away.

It's called: Famous, All-Impawtant Dressage Judge WannaBe syndrome. Also known as the "Hey-notice-me-my-opinion's-the-only-one-which-matters" disorder.

:p

She's had it for years. I'm pretty sure there's no cure.

;)

Appassionato
Oct. 27, 2006, 11:19 PM

Just ignore her; she won't go away.

It's called: Famous, All-Impawtant Dressage Judge WannaBe syndrome. Also known as the "Hey-notice-me-my-opinion's-the-only-one-which-matters" disorder.

:p

She's had it for years. I'm pretty sure there's no cure.

;)

That's a shame. Must be lonely at the top! <insert sappy violin music and wistful sighs>

Amado
Oct. 28, 2006, 01:55 AM
David Hasselhoff, Craig Stevens and I are all really big in Japan. I mean it, really big.

Ahhahahaha! :lol:

naters
Oct. 28, 2006, 03:24 AM
I am not touching that with a barge pole!

I am not touching it with a Stiffened Peters Pole either :)

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 28, 2006, 11:44 AM
Dear Dressage Geek,

Does this new horse have Divine chestnuts or Darwinian chestnuts? I need to know what to look for when I go horse-shopping again.

Neither. This horse has actually sprouted extra toes in place of chestnuts. Must be some sort of throwback.

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 28, 2006, 11:46 AM
I am not touching it with a Stiffened Peters Pole either :)

But can it be smote with the Kohlrhabi Stick of Vengeance?

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 28, 2006, 11:47 AM

Are you bigger than sushi? I thought it was cowboy stuff that was really hot there.

sm
Oct. 28, 2006, 11:57 AM
I gotta tell you Geek, practice all you want with your music. I'm going in with a Polka in the background with a Yanni track over it. That way I figure, the horse will always be doing something corrrectly in sync.

Hummm.. I don't know if I want to take your win with a three-legged one-eyed QH or a has-anybody-seen-my-butt WB.

Either way, I'm putting the "free" back into the freestyle.

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 28, 2006, 12:30 PM
sm - you may have me beat. Guess it will come down to who can give the higher payoff to the judge.

Equinetech
Oct. 28, 2006, 04:48 PM
sm - you may have me beat. Guess it will come down to who can give the higher payoff to the judge.
Which will *obviously* be ME, since I have STRAIGHT EGYPTIAN ARABIANS, which everyone knows are super diddley expensiveo and RARE thus I can sell their sperm and embryos for oodles of Euros.

sm
Oct. 28, 2006, 04:52 PM
Geek -- I don't know, you're the better rider, so it's possible the judge may actually be awarding points for the ride and not the Polka... errr, I mean my clearly superior sound track.

Meanwhile, while we are busy overwhelming the judge: can my TB have a play date with Ted? A game of halter tag? Or the game of let's trot around and find the carrots in the field?

Equinetech, your point is well taken. I guess that means I better put my hopes on my three-legged one-eyed QH .

Caroline Weber
Oct. 28, 2006, 05:49 PM

Was his nose to his chest the entire time? Because you know that the judges really love that - gets 10s every time.

Kathy Johnson
Oct. 28, 2006, 07:14 PM
Either way, I'm putting the "free" back into the freestyle.
Then it will clearly be up to me to put the style back in the freestyle.

Eventer13
Oct. 28, 2006, 08:03 PM
Was his nose to his chest the entire time? Because you know that the judges really love that - gets 10s every time.

Judges and women love horse's necks to be arched, you know.

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 28, 2006, 11:55 PM
Then it will clearly be up to me to put the style back in the freestyle.

Good that someone can do it...because it certainly is beyond my capabilities!

blueribbonbaby
Oct. 29, 2006, 01:44 AM
"Ahh, slc2, I've learned so quickly that I can always count on you....what you fail to see....laugh at ourselves....(yadda yadda yadda)"

ah, ok, thanks for the sermon.

But the point is...why the hell do you still read them??? and even more...decide to comment? Its fine you dont find it funny. You just want attention. People, me included should really stop giving you attention. Like i said before......You are sad.

amastrike
Oct. 29, 2006, 01:56 AM
I think this thread is hilarious :lol: .

horse_poor
Oct. 29, 2006, 09:30 AM
Meanwhile, while we are busy overwhelming the judge: can my TB have a play date with Ted? A game of halter tag? Or the game of let's trot around and find the carrots in the field?

I tink you may be on to something there....first, you could introduce Ted to the multitude of other horses that want to meet him over a fence, where they can play grab ass for about 8 hours straight. Then, in true Easter Egg hunt fashion, hide Peeps around the pasture and turn them all loose in it and see who finds the most. This will determine who is the biggest Peep Ho. And since they all played grab ass over the fence for 8 hours staright, they will no longer be interested with each other and only feel the need to find the Peeps.

This could actually become an Olympic event, no?

SillyHorse
Oct. 29, 2006, 09:53 AM
But the point is...why the hell do you still read them??? and even more...decide to comment? Its fine you dont find it funny. You just want attention. People, me included should really stop giving you attention. Like i said before......You are sad.
Welcome, blueribbonbaby! :lol: :yes: :lol: :yes:

Appassionato
Oct. 29, 2006, 10:11 AM

And if the bridge of the nose is almost parallel to the ground? ;)

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 29, 2006, 10:49 AM
I tink you may be on to something there....first, you could introduce Ted to the multitude of other horses that want to meet him over a fence, where they can play grab ass for about 8 hours straight. Then, in true Easter Egg hunt fashion, hide Peeps around the pasture and turn them all loose in it and see who finds the most. This will determine who is the biggest Peep Ho. And since they all played grab ass over the fence for 8 hours staright, they will no longer be interested with each other and only feel the need to find the Peeps.

This could actually become an Olympic event, no?

MAJOR problem with this scenario. While Ted is a major peep Ho, he is also a Big Weenie. He plays grab ass and face over the fence with any horse that will condescend to play with him. But when they're all together...Ted hides. Really. It could be pouring out, he will be the lone horse standing there, miserably, because he can't go into the shed with the other horses. So the horses must be let out in INDIVIDUAL turnouts for peep seeking, at the same time, so that Ted has an equal shot. We have to level the playing field for the weenies amongst us.

ThreeFigs
Oct. 29, 2006, 01:39 PM

Oh, no, Appaloosalady, you're wrong! Being proud of your Boozies and sitting on your Poozie works well for any equestrian discipline -- Dressage, Western, maybe even Saddle Seat and Driving!!

dizzywriter
Oct. 29, 2006, 01:41 PM
Neither. This horse has actually sprouted extra toes in place of chestnuts. Must be some sort of throwback.

Oh, no!!! Chestnuts are a sign from God. Yours must be a spawn of Satan.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. This could evolve into something evil.

ThreeFigs
Oct. 29, 2006, 01:47 PM

Especially if the horse has horns. Approach carefully with Holy Water and a Crucifix...

dizzywriter
Oct. 29, 2006, 02:01 PM
Especially if the horse has horns. Approach carefully with Holy Water and a Crucifix...

If it's just one horn, though, it's a unicorn. Approach carefully with intact virginity.

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 29, 2006, 02:27 PM
If it's just one horn, though, it's a unicorn. Approach carefully with intact virginity.

For one lead line costume class, Ted did go as a unicorn. I was the virgin. But no one believed me. Perhaps if I had removed his chestnuts first...?

dizzywriter
Oct. 29, 2006, 03:51 PM
Unicorns have no chestnuts as they were created immediately and intact by a poof of God's breath, which smells of frankincense and myrrh and cannot, by definition, include smelly things like chestnuts. Anything smelly (or smelling remotely of sulphur as Hugo Chavez recently pointed out) is of the devil.

Unicorn-Ted was living proof of creationism at it's best. No chestnuts, extra toes and an instant horn (attached with duct tape, I'm sure), ridden by a born-again virgin. Only Geek, YOU were the creator! Wow! It's the weekend, so you can take a well deserved, non-sectarian rest on either or, if you're really ecumenical, BOTH days!

This is known to the congnoscenti as the "Geek-Ted" cult. Peeps are the sacrament. Duct tape, the vestments. Weekends are holy days, when Geek and Ted share communion.

Traditional doctrine holds that rollkur is a mortal sin, though a heretic from Holland considers it righteous. But since the Holland Heretic is actually a big-time gold winning priestess, we lowly sinners are confused and avoid the real issues by watching Veronica Mars box sets, where all small mysteries are solved in one episode, big mysteries take a season -- and NO commercials!

Armageddon is the next stop on this choo choo. But it's a fun ride, as all rides to hell should be.

Pony Fixer
Oct. 29, 2006, 04:48 PM

OMG!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!

I remember the chestnut threads. So long ago, they had been repressed. I remember a certain someone (someone with, apparently, little sense of humor) telling me that I was WRONG WRONG WRONG, even when I quoted from noted anatomists writings on the subject.

But then again, we all know anatomists are by definition evolutionists, so there was my problem. If chestnuts come straight from the Almighty, then that would be where I went wrong....

And I resemble the remark about hauling with a smartcar. My battered and worn Geo Metro is just back from hauling my American Warmblood (1/4 Clyde, 3/4 TB) to a clinic with a BNT. But my trailer is all aluminum, so it's ok.

ThreeFigs
Oct. 29, 2006, 05:01 PM
Pony Fixer said:

And I resemble the remark about hauling with a smartcar. My battered and worn Geo Metro is just back from hauling my American Warmblood (1/4 Clyde, 3/4 TB) to a clinic with a BNT. But my trailer is all aluminum, so it's ok.

WOW! Do you have photos of that rig?

dizzywriter
Oct. 29, 2006, 05:29 PM
OMG!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!

But then again, we all know anatomists are by definition evolutionists, so there was my problem. If chestnuts come straight from the Almighty, then that would be where I went wrong....

Anatomists are agents of Satan. Chestnuts are the signs of the chosen. There aren't many, but I think it means heaven is full of horses, and I'm stuck here on earth with my lovely, imperfect Dobbin and enjoying myself much on the road to hell..

Your trailer is OK if at least some joints and/or cracks are held together with duct tape. I, personally, have been putting off doing this with my shower head. It sprouted a crack that I debate sealing with duct tape ( 10 cents for 1 1/2 inches) vs. buying a new shower head ($25 minimum). Dobbin, meanwhile, recently got a $1000 Wintec saddle.

Pony Fixer
Oct. 29, 2006, 05:55 PM
DW--

I vote duct tape. It comes in clear. I know this, because I fixed a leak and a small dry wall crack in the shower of our old house just before we sold it. Hopefully the new owner does not frequent this board.

I do not have duct tape on the trailer. But there is some on the Geo. And electrical tape on my bridle (or is that bridal?) and boots.

And do the horses in heaven have chestnuts?

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 30, 2006, 11:29 AM
DizzyWriter - how did you know that every Sunday I attend the Church of Ted? Actually, I practice every day. No communion wafers, but we do use mellowcreme pumpkins and marshmallow peeps as the transfer of corporeal spirit.

Mozart
Oct. 30, 2006, 11:49 AM
Well, I just feel the need to share that I tried to upload the David Hasselhoff videon on the weekend and my home computer up and died. I am not making this up. Into the shop it must go.

I had to wait until Monday to try and up load it again. Too scary for a Monday. :eek:

I saw an ad in a magazine for people who breed Gypsy Vanners and Chincoteague ponies. So theoretically, we could all get a horse just like DGRH's new baby :yes:

dizzywriter
Oct. 30, 2006, 11:59 AM
OMG!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!

I remember the chestnut threads. So long ago, they had been repressed.

Those threads shall henceforth be known as the Church of COTH's Great Chestnut Heresy, which divided the faithfull over the degree to which it violated the COTH doctrine of: Thou shalt not discuss OTs unless they are TBs. The Infallible Erin put an end to it with her omnipotent powers.

Pony Fixer
Oct. 30, 2006, 12:48 PM
Well, I have always been somewhat of a heretic. I mean, c'mon, I'm only 0.5% different from a chimp for cripes sake. Or is that for chestnuts sake?

I'll never forget again....those repressed memories are wide open now.

I just remember being new to the board and having that special someone who works in IT basically tell me, a veterinarian that also has an advanced degree in research of the evolution of the mammalian immune system, that (paraphrasing) HAH! LOL, you are a buffoon/complete idiot/totally without worth for thinking they are metacarpal pad remnants. I of course, opined this "theory" based on the teachings of my esteemed veterinary education. Which I'm pretty sure she doesn't have, if you don't count the Sally Struthers course.

Now as for clear duct tape on a shower head--I learned that from Bob Villa.

Equinetech
Oct. 30, 2006, 12:59 PM
DizzyWriter - how did you now that every Sunday I attend the Church of Ted? Actually, I practice every day. No communion wafers, but we do use mellowcreme pumpkins and marshmallow peeps as the transfer of corporeal spirit.

Church of Ted. Priceless! (Please don't tell Luka. He already thinks *very* highly of himself as the ultimate end-all-be-all Stallion Of The Year)

And as for your communion wafers Geek, you really should look into those Mrs Pastures cookies sandwiched around the melted Peeps or Jet Puff.

I can't hold back any longer-whenever I'm having a really bad day and my migraines are acting up and I've had a crappy day in class and Mr ET is sick...I just come over here and read some of these threads. Anything with RR, Geek, Ted, Peeps, etc.

ROTFLMAO.

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 30, 2006, 01:05 PM
When we go to the Mary Wanless clinic, I am bringing Mrs Pastures with jet puff creme as a surprise. This way I get to experiment in time for the holiday treat baskets. How to wrap...presentation is so important.

Risk-Averse Rider
Oct. 30, 2006, 02:06 PM
Neither. This horse has actually sprouted extra toes in place of chestnuts. Must be some sort of throwback.Could you put little finger cymbals on the extra toes and on his legs, so that he could accompany his freestyle music? The extra toes wouldn't have to be opposable, like thumbs - they could just hang there and flop like dewclaws - and the cymbals could CHING CHING CHA-CHING in time to his steps. That might just be the difference between leading the victory gallop and eating the victory gallop leader's dust.

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 30, 2006, 03:30 PM
Could you put little finger cymbals on the extra toes and on his legs, so that he could accompany his freestyle music? The extra toes wouldn't have to be opposable, like thumbs - they could just hang there and flop like dewclaws - and the cymbals could CHING CHING CHA-CHING in time to his steps. That might just be the difference between leading the victory gallop and eating the victory gallop leader's dust.

This is a BRILLIANT idea! Hopefully my GV/Thelwell cross will have a better senseof rhthym than myself...although anything that helps to drown out Pat Boone is a plus in itself.

dizzywriter
Oct. 30, 2006, 05:19 PM
This is a BRILLIANT idea! Hopefully my GV/Thelwell cross will have a better senseof rhthym than myself...although anything that helps to drown out Pat Boone is a plus in itself.

Need I say, Pat Boone is preaching to the choir.

Dazednconfused
Oct. 30, 2006, 05:28 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Pat BOONE??? Doing Metallica???? WWhhhaa?? You're kidding, right? Please tell me this isn't real??

Completely real! See Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Mood-More-Mr-Nice/dp/B000005KOE/sr=8-1/qid=1162243660/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-7026576-9031259?ie=UTF8&s=music

Enjoy :lol: :no: :o

fiona
Oct. 30, 2006, 05:52 PM
Don't be ridiculusa, that's Metallica doing Pat Boone.

lesyl
Oct. 30, 2006, 06:37 PM
[quote=fiona;1961558]Don't be ridiculusa, that's Metallica doing Pat Boone.[/quote:lol: :lol: . However, I had imagined Ted to be more of a Saturday Night Fever sort of horse.

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 30, 2006, 06:38 PM
Actually, Ted wanted to do a freestyle to "Beautiful" by the group Yellow. Or possibly "Beep Beep" by the Cadillacs. I outvoted him, as I appear to have more opposable fingers than he does, and I voted for Pat Boone "In a Metal Mood."

Appassionato
Oct. 30, 2006, 07:39 PM
Actually, Ted wanted to do a freestyle to "Beautiful" by the group Yellow. Or possibly "Beep Beep" by the Cadillacs. I outvoted him, as I appear to have more opposable fingers than he does, and I voted for Pat Boone "In a Metal Mood."

OMG, "Beep Beep"! THAT song is going to be stuck in my head now...

Melyni
Oct. 30, 2006, 07:48 PM
I have to commend you all on your speed of typing (if not any actual wit) the posts were going up on this thread faster than I could read them, the page numbers were going up faster and faster, it was like a bad dream!
Arrgh.
But then I go to the end!
Oh well I guess I need another glass of merlot.
Yours
MW

cinder88
Oct. 30, 2006, 08:00 PM
"""Maybe its just me but I think David Haselhoff looks incrediably HOT in that video!""""

Yup.

It's just you.

Cinder

PS....How does one go about becoming a charter member of the Ignore Slick club?

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 30, 2006, 08:03 PM
Speed or wit, either one works here!

YoungFilly
Oct. 30, 2006, 09:20 PM
I am sorry, after a day or two, I still loff it!!!
REALLY! The David Haselhoff video I mean. He is a gorgeous guy. Like I said about the video. Don't you think that guys that love us really get all giddy in their heads like that?

indyblue
Oct. 30, 2006, 10:45 PM
YoungFilly.Are you on drugs?If you aren't, you should be!!!!One of my latest magazines pictured David H drunk at an airport and hed wet his pants.Now thats attractive.....not.

YoungFilly
Oct. 30, 2006, 11:04 PM
Ok Debbie Downer, thanks for the info. :( this is a light hearted thread...

YoungFilly.Are you on drugs?If you aren't, you should be!!!!One of my latest magazines pictured David H drunk at an airport and hed wet his pants.Now thats attractive.....not.

Sparkle's Jewel
Oct. 30, 2006, 11:14 PM

I swear......If I had a billion dollars I would pay someone to do a musical freestyle to Megadeaths "Symphonie of Destruction" just to see the look on peoples faces!!

lesyl
Oct. 31, 2006, 12:22 AM
I swear......If I had a billion dollars I would pay someone to do a musical freestyle to Megadeaths "Symphonie of Destruction" just to see the look on peoples faces!!

Personally, I am thinking if I eveah take a fhorhay into dressage, I will use "I Feel Good" by James Brown.

nightsong
Oct. 31, 2006, 12:35 AM
When we go to the Mary Wanless clinic, I am bringing Mrs Pastures with jet puff creme as a surprise. This way I get to experiment in time for the holiday treat baskets. How to wrap...presentation is so important.

Wrap with the colored saran wrap.

Madam Cleo
Oct. 31, 2006, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Johnson

Madam Cleo, all knowing spiritualist to the cosmos, would like to point out that, even though it is politically incorrect to say so, it doesn't take much to be really big in a land of small people.

Madam Cleo is not referring to Japon, necessarily.

keana
Oct. 31, 2006, 02:35 AM
wow that David Haselhoff video is a trip, do you think that is what HELL looks like? Maybe Haslhoff is the Devil ? I'm praying I go to Heven and never find out!!!:eek:

fiona
Oct. 31, 2006, 03:39 AM
My latest freestyle uses the Kellis song "i hate you so much right now!"
The music was chosen by my horse although it was a close call ...i suggested "every day i love you less and less" by the Kaiser Chiefs.

I'm hoping the technical mark will compensate for the lack of harmony that and good tailoring.

Jude
Nov. 1, 2006, 01:35 AM
I wasn't too sure if I should post on here, because I thought it might be bragging, but I just took my super high quality eight stallions to a dressage show, and I have to say, we totally cleaned up. Here was our results:

Potty Head, 2004 Gypsy Snare Drum x Fresian x Tibetian TB stallion: 52.866% at TL1 and 45.223% at 1st 2

Mucho Ballz, 2005 Percheron x Shetland x Breeding Stock Paint stallion: 48.623% at 1st 1 and 33.992% at 1st 4

IMA Dumboy, 2005 Shetland cross stallion: 53.877% at 3rd 1 and 43.921% at 3rd 3

Hezgota Namenowon Cansay, 2006 Registered Grade stallion: 35.822% at 4th 1 and 38.792% at 4th 2

StiffiesRUS, 1979 Fresian x Percheron x Clydesdale x TB x Arab stallion: HIGH POINT CHAMPION!!!! 69.541% at TL 1!!! (excused for lameness at TL 2, but would have rocked the house if only that stupid judge had trusted me that the little hitch in his stride was nothing, and he ALWAYS goes down like that before a test! It's part of his warmup!!!)

Everyone else did really really well, but these were our high-point boys of the day! We're so proud!!!!!! We LOFF our boys and fondle their balls every day so they are the happiest stallions. We always make sure their sheaths are really really clean before every test, sometimes using spit polish, and I know that makes them happier. You can email me at theverybeststallions@trainthemwithmyluuuv.com (ihavetheverybeststallions@trainthemwithmyluuuuuuu v.com) for their stud fees, 'cause I don't want Erin mad at me for advertising but these are some HOT HOT boys!!!!

Anyway, the real reason I posted was to show off my brand new rig. I bet you didn't know that Smart cars came out with a TRUCK!!! Here's a picture: http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e185/MoonriseStables/Misc/TrailerRig.jpg We are going to paint the trailer to match, and put a big picture of balls on the side so everyone knows we have TOP QUALITY STUDS inside!!! Anyway, I hope you aren't too jealous, but if you want to breed to one of my TOP QUALITY boys, your mare can get to ride in my sweet rig!

Equa
Nov. 1, 2006, 02:24 AM
Hey Jude - you've blotty well Photoshopped that picture haven't you! There are six stinking (but very clean) big stallioons our front, chained to the smart car and driven by your good self up top of the gooseneck and weilding a giant carrot stick. Come on- confess!

fiona
Nov. 1, 2006, 03:30 AM
Can you tell me more about your training methods? i really want to learn to TRainwithmyluuuurve too, is it really difficult? by the way if my horse is lame i just whip him, is that so wrong?

indyblue
Nov. 1, 2006, 03:46 AM
Hey Jude do you export semen because Im really interested in Mucho Ballz if hes throwing colours 100%.Ive got a Dutch warmblood (well I think her great great grandmother was imported from holland) x Shetland.I think with Muchos extra Shetland blood I could produce an awesome coloured dressage horse because we all know Shetlands have the most fabulous extensions.My mare though, bolts, has sickle hocks ,a parrot mouth. sway back and really poor feet.I dont mind if Muchos a bolter and a parrot mouth gets the sympathy score in tests but the rest wont do (note I will blame the Stallion if the foal is anything less than perfect).Im going to pitch the foal to the international market as I think coloured warmbloods x Shetlands are the next big thing since Salinero.Get back to me ASAP as she is 32yrs and Ive kept her constantly in foal for the past 20yrs and shes just about to drop so dont want to miss the first foal heat.

horselips
Nov. 1, 2006, 06:37 AM
PS....How does one go about becoming a charter member of the Ignore Slick club?

Z, since I am the founding member (perhaps only member - very exclusive club, don'cha know?) you must go into the behind-the-scenes area, under the couch, and whack the ignore button.

So. Who wants to discuss the validity of my theory that "hoofies" (AKA chestnuts or toe-vestiges) actually improve the half-pass by creating a wind resistance that I call The Rudder Effect?

egontoast
Nov. 1, 2006, 08:13 AM
I would never put Herself on ignore. I don't have TV .

Why does this thread continue, however, after Herself has declared it UNFUNNY! There will soon be a list posted of What is Funny. So far we have:

What is Funny:
1. bullriding
2. see above
3. see above
4. see above
5. see above

What is unfunny:
1.Anything else
2. see above
3. see above
4. see above
5. see above

horselips
Nov. 1, 2006, 10:19 AM
Eggy, I do have tv. And Herself reminds me of NASCAR re-runs: Pointless and predictable. Don't watch that, either.
I can see the entertainment value for others, however.

Now then. About hoofies..

Jude
Nov. 1, 2006, 07:19 PM
Hey Jude - you've blotty well Photoshopped that picture haven't you! There are six stinking (but very clean) big stallioons our front, chained to the smart car and driven by your good self up top of the gooseneck and weilding a giant carrot stick. Come on- confess!Oh goodness no, I would NEVER chain my darling baby stallie-wallies to ANYthing! What if their sheaths got dirty???? What if the first one pooped, then the next in line would have to poop on top of it, and the next in line after that, and so on, and then I'd have to turn around and let the first one have a go again, and then my SmartTruck wouldn't fit over top of the poop pile!!

It is, of course, Photoshopped, though - I have to cut out the Gigantic Trophy Bowl That Would Make You All Jealous. It was filled with cheese. And I had to cut out the background so you wouldn't see that we were at a USDF CSI**** dressage show. That would make you jealous too, especially if you saw Mr. Biggest Name Trainer In All of Dressage Ever grooming for me. Plus, it would make you all want to breed to my stallions even more, and then Erin would get even madder at me. I tell her that it isn't MY fault I have the perfectest-werfectest stallie-studdikins ever, but she's tells me I have to go su...um, clean my boys.

fiona, I'm so glad you asked!!! Really, all you need is an abundance of luuuuuuuurve, and various vegetables. You have gotten close to our training methods, but like many newbies you know just enough to be dangerous. So I will enlighten you. Never, ever, ever, EVER discipline your horse - he will never trust you again and won't let you read his mind any more. However, you have to get him trained, so when he is lame, you must work him until he starts to stagger. Then, tie up the offending leg so it isn't being hurt while he is standing, because you might do damage to it if he stands on it. He will trust you, because he knows you luuuuuuv him.

indyblue, you absolutely HAVE to email me!!! You aren't allowed to PM me because *Someone* monitors the PMs, which is totally unfair, if you ask me. But it sounds like my Moochey-Woochey will be just perfect with your mare. I totally agree that colored Shetland crosses are the next hottest thing, and anyone who disagrees is, well I hate to say it, but just kinda dumb. His feet will be perfect for her foal. And my Moochey would never ever bolt, but I won't be offended that you said he might. You can see from his awesome dressage score at a CSI**** event that he is a great mover. My Moochey will make a perfect foal out of your old nag - wait, I meant to type MARE!!!, so you don't have to worry about that. Anky is going to be SOOO jealous, I bet she'll try to buy the foal before it's even born!

Rebe
Nov. 1, 2006, 07:59 PM
Actually, Ted wanted to do a freestyle to ..."Beep Beep" by the Cadillacs. "

But shouldn't Ted be doing his freestyle to "Peep Peep" instead? :lol:

YoungFilly
Nov. 1, 2006, 08:18 PM
I'm sorry, I still can't get it out of my head!!!!! "OOGA CHAKKA OOGA OOGA OOGA CHAKKA HOOGA HOOGA OOGA CHAKKA"

This STUPID song is still stuck in my head. Please someone, make it STOP!

Reynard Ridge
Nov. 1, 2006, 08:22 PM
I'm sorry, I still can't get it out of my head!!!!! "OOGA CHAKKA OOGA CHAKKA HOOGA HOOGA OOGA CHAKKA"

EARWORM!!! YF has an EARWORM!!!!!

(RR falls on the floor and just about splits in half laughing)

Sorry, YF, but I am a frequent victim of Earworm-itis - with the Eagle's "Life's Been Good To Me" topping the list, followed a close second by "If You're Happy and You Know it, Clap Your Hands"

(RR falls on the floor again, flailing around crying while small children look on mildly worried about the gene pool from which they sprung)

Dazednconfused
Nov. 1, 2006, 11:55 PM
It was filled with cheese. And I had to cut out the background so you wouldn't see that we were at a USDF CSI**** dressage show.

Murder and mayhem on the dressage circuit - maybe a new series??? :lol:

God, I love typos! :yes: :D

Alagirl
Nov. 2, 2006, 01:00 PM
I'm sorry, I still can't get it out of my head!!!!! "OOGA CHAKKA OOGA OOGA OOGA CHAKKA HOOGA HOOGA OOGA CHAKKA"

Watch *Charlie the Unicorn* that ought to take care of it!:lol:

Jude
Nov. 2, 2006, 02:21 PM
Murder and mayhem on the dressage circuit - maybe a new series??? :lol:

God, I love typos! :yes: :DWhat makes you think it was a typo?

:winkgrin:

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Nov. 2, 2006, 02:37 PM

I would do this for far less. Both Ted and I are cheap dates. Even better because we'd do a crappy freestyle, and a First level one at that.

We'd charge only, say, show fees plus the guarantee of a huge rosette with tassles. Any color.

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Nov. 2, 2006, 02:41 PM
Jude, I am very interested in learning more about sporthorse breeding. I understand David Hasselhoff is your head semen collector. I would love to learn from him. Can I be a (hardly) working student?

And Rebe, that was brilliant. Between Jude, Rebe, YF, and RR, I have salad spittle all over the keyboard. And I am wheezing from laughing.

Gnalli
Nov. 2, 2006, 02:45 PM
Anatomists are agents of Satan. Chestnuts are the signs of the chosen. There aren't many, but I think it means heaven is full of horses, and I'm stuck here on earth with my lovely, imperfect Dobbin and enjoying myself much on the road to hell..

Your trailer is OK if at least some joints and/or cracks are held together with duct tape. I, personally, have been putting off doing this with my shower head. It sprouted a crack that I debate sealing with duct tape ( 10 cents for 1 1/2 inches) vs. buying a new shower head ($25 minimum). Dobbin, meanwhile, recently got a $1000 Wintec saddle.

Oh, does this one count? http://family.webshots.com/photo/2659990310087069749azvjTS

It is held together with various coats of paint, duct tape, baling wire, bubble gum, and spit.

fiona
Nov. 2, 2006, 03:15 PM
hey dizzywriter i happen to have a spare shower head - how fortunate is that!
i'll trade for "various vegetables" but please none that look like the Hof.

La Gringa
Nov. 3, 2006, 06:11 PM
Jude, I am very interested in learning more about sporthorse breeding. I understand David Hasselhoff is your head semen collector. I would love to learn from him. Can I be a (hardly) working student?

And Rebe, that was brilliant. Between Jude, Rebe, YF, and RR, I have salad spittle all over the keyboard. And I am wheezing from laughing.

I now have spit all over my monitor. Thanks!

Equinetech
Nov. 6, 2006, 12:45 PM
Completely real! See Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Mood-More-Mr-Nice/dp/B000005KOE/sr=8-1/qid=1162243660/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-7026576-9031259?ie=UTF8&s=music

Enjoy :lol: :no: :o

no...just...no.

After listening to the bluegrass rendition of all the heavy metal classics, I say enough is enough...no more pat boone doing metallica.

Jude
Nov. 6, 2006, 02:04 PM
DGRH, David does oversee our semen collection system. Usually he just pops in to make sure everything is really clean down there. He also often cleans the mares for us, making sure they are ready for mating. He has a very good system of getting them primed that he does in a private stall, and no one is allowed to watch or else his secret technique will leak out. He has taught all of the 14 year old boys that work here how to do it just right. We are all grateful for his expertise.

I would love to have you as a working student, but you would have to leave Ted at home. I have heard he is a great big weenie, and we don't need weenies in my barn full of stallions. Peeps are not very manly, but you could bring some of those mallowcremes!

PS: Sorry about your keyboard! :lol: :lol: :lol:

fiona, big, fat, juicy carrots are the best training tool when working with stallions and broodmares. At least, that's what David tells me.

YoungFilly
Nov. 6, 2006, 09:54 PM
I love the David Hasselhoff video so much, it is now my freestyle!

Oh yes, I can picture Odette and I going through a 4th style doing "I........... ugh I...ah.. ugh, I! am hooked on a feeling!! dododoodo hooked on a feeling, your in love with me!!!!"

I have it all marked out, she will wear her princess Tierria, with her pink fluffy blanket, with white floffy lining, we are so set! This is it!

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Nov. 7, 2006, 04:13 PM
Maybe we should start a new thread, "Freestyle Classics You Have Envisioned?"