PDA

View Full Version : Debbie Atkinson condition

Pages : [1] 2

SR Rider
Sep. 3, 2006, 08:32 AM
does anyone have accurate update on the condition of Debbie Atkinson who had to be air lifted from an accident at the Kentucky Classic Saturday?

kookicat
Sep. 3, 2006, 09:04 AM
God, how awful! Jingles for her. :(

3dazey
Sep. 3, 2006, 09:11 AM
If anyone knows definitively if it was Debbie, and what her condition may be, please post. I am beside myself. :cry:

SR Rider
Sep. 3, 2006, 09:25 AM
Debbie was riding in the open intermediate division with Meancholy Blues when the horse caught his legs at the weldon wall...and somersaulted over the jump, Debbie fell from the horse...but the horse did not land on her according to the photographs taken from Palmer Photographers. Medics were there within seconds, ambulance and doctors followed; the UK helicopter took her to the hospital. She was surrounded by people who cared about her and were praying for her. Melancholy Blues appeared to be uninjured and stayed close by.

I finally got through to the hospital and was told by the nurse in ICU that her condition was serious but stable.

Sannois
Sep. 3, 2006, 09:40 AM
for her, that she will have a speedy recovery!!

CookiePony
Sep. 3, 2006, 09:52 AM
OOOOHH NOOOOOO!!

I saw Debbie's name as soon as I logged in this AM. She is an excellent horsewoman and lovely person. I am going to go get on the phone now and find out what I can...

CookiePony
Sep. 3, 2006, 09:56 AM
sorry double post

3dazey
Sep. 3, 2006, 10:02 AM
SR Rider, thank you for the additional information. Serious but stable is still frightening, but it does mean the doctors have the things they can control under control. This I can deal with.

Sending powerful jingles and love out to Debbie, she is a class act all the way. :sadsmile:

CookiePony
Sep. 3, 2006, 10:35 AM
OK, folks, we need LOTS of prayers and jingles. Debbie has a serious spinal cord injury. She is hanging in there.

Right now, her horses and her dog are being taken care of. As things develop, we will find out any way that COTHers can help and get that information out.

:(

flutie1
Sep. 3, 2006, 10:44 AM
Damn, bad things happen to good people. Debbie is a class act. Thoughts and prayers with her for a complete recovery.

doctormolley
Sep. 3, 2006, 10:45 AM
I just recently had the pleasure of meeting and taking a lesson from Debbie and she is a great teacher. I will keep her in my prayers.

McVillesMom
Sep. 3, 2006, 11:07 AM
I was jump judging yesterday when the accident happened (I was farther along in the course, so fortunately did not witness it) and was afraid things weren't good, based on some things I heard on the radio. My thoughts are with her and her friends and family.

subk
Sep. 3, 2006, 11:52 AM
Infomation is still a bit uncertain, but Debbie should be in surgery this morning, so now is a good time for prayers and jingles.

flypony74
Sep. 3, 2006, 11:56 AM
It was really, really hard for me to digest this news when a friend called this morning to tell me what happened. Debbie is an amazing rider (and instructor!), and I hate so much to hear that she has suffered such a serious injury. I'm sending my thoughts, prayers, and jingles to Lexington. Hang in there Debbie!!

If anyone hears of any way we can help, or any place to send cards, etc, please let us know. A bunch of us ride with her fairly regularly and want to support her any way we can through this.

SR Rider
Sep. 3, 2006, 12:24 PM
there is a link on the University of Kentucky Hospital website that you can email to patients and the emails are taken to them

www.ukhealthcare.uky.edu/patient/customerservice.htm

onthebit
Sep. 3, 2006, 01:47 PM
It is so different to hear of such a serious injury when it is someone you know personally. Debbie is a lovely person and my prayers are with her.

Thank you CookiePony for calling me and for the detailed update.

3dazey
Sep. 3, 2006, 08:42 PM
Many of Debbie's oldest and dearest friends are on their way to Lexington to be with her as I write. She needs all of our prayers.

If you have never met Debbie, I want you to know she is the best of horsewomen, a generous and caring friend, and a wonderful instructor and coach. Years ago, I was helping her at an event where she was competing two horses. I took "Prove It" up to the show jumping to wait for her...she would compete him after finishing up with a greenie. We were standing in the shade and had been hanging out for a while when Prove It lifted his head, his eye on something in the distance. And from that long way off he saw it was Debbie coming for him, and he went to the end of his reins and nickered for her.

Please keep up the fight, we're with you all the way Deb.

eventcoach
Sep. 3, 2006, 10:27 PM
Debbie Atkinson is in very critical condition at the U of K in Lexington and needs everyone's prayers.

Carol Ames
Sep. 3, 2006, 10:36 PM
OOf!:( It sounds as thogh the EM care was excellent, and timely! Please someone reassure her that her animals are ok and being acared for. though still unconscious she can hear, and, I imagine itwould be a comfort to her.;)

RNB
Sep. 4, 2006, 12:34 AM
Prayers from VA!! :(

SR Rider
Sep. 4, 2006, 07:42 AM
after the accident, while lying on the ground, the fence judges were assuring Debbie that her horse was okay and standing near her, the doctors were with her, her friends were nearby and god had her in his hands...everything was going to be okay....she is loved.

I might add I was really impressed with the cool, calm, efficiency of the medical staff and the horse show officials...the first medic on the scene reached her in less than one minute, he was not far away in a "golf cart"...what better place to be in a horse accident -- if ever one has to be in one -- than at the Kentucky Horse Park, I cannot imagine.

annikak
Sep. 4, 2006, 07:52 AM
sending all our positive thoughts to Debbie- she is a well thought of, wonderful horsewoman. Jingles to her- and I hope someone can update us with "real" information.
The rumor mill is grinding...and that will not help. Its one of the great things abt the COTH- I had a friend call me who was at the show and ask what had happened as she knew I would know the truth (or close) because of the COTH BB'ers.
Kudos to the HP for their well managed emergency program, and if anyone knows what anyone could do to help- please let us know.:cry:

Jeannette, formerly ponygyrl
Sep. 4, 2006, 08:15 AM
from that long way off he saw it was Debbie coming for him, and he went to the end of his reins and nickered for her.

Please keep up the fight, we're with you all the way Deb.

Thanks for that lovely image, 3dazey! Adding to the jingles, here.

VirginiaBred
Sep. 4, 2006, 08:33 AM
Jingles from Virginia. Definitely keep her in your prayers.

Threeday33
Sep. 4, 2006, 10:14 AM
I just got home from KY Classic. There was an announcement Saturday afternoon that Debbie had regained consciousness. On Sunday there was a notice posted by the scoreboards that said she had fractured vertibrae in her neck and was on a ventilator. Those are the only official reports I heard. I did also hear later on Sunday that she severed her spinal cord.

I didn't see the fall, but was there shortly after because I was out walking my course. I did see the horse walking back to the barn and she looked okay. They were giving Debbie IV fluids right there by the ditch and wall and I was wondering why she wasn't in the ambulance yet and why there were KY Horse Park police cars parked in random places in the XC field. When I heard the helicopter minutes later, I figured it out.

I don't know Debbie, but it sounds like she is a wonderful person. She is in my prayers.

pawsplus
Sep. 4, 2006, 12:27 PM
{{{{Jingles}}}} for Debbie. :-( This is so terrible. I took several lessons w/ Debbie before she moved from TN to KY and she is a great person. It's just awful. It seems as if there is no chance of good news here if her spinal cord was severed. Hoping anyway . . . . Hang in there, Debbie.

hitchinmygetalong
Sep. 4, 2006, 01:19 PM
Not an eventer, but heard of this accident at my barn. Many, many prayers and jingles for Debbie.

Sannois
Sep. 4, 2006, 01:21 PM
on how she is doing?? I did not know her, but from all accounts she is a wonderful person. It is things like that , that make you realize how incredibly precious life is. We all need to make the most of each and every day. Still praying for her! :( :cry:

CatchMeIfUCan
Sep. 4, 2006, 01:22 PM
I saw the helicopter land at KY Classic while walking my course. She sounds like such a great person, trainer, and rider. Jingling like crazy and keeping her in my thoughts!

austin
Sep. 4, 2006, 01:55 PM
anyone have an update as of Monday afternoon?

3dazey
Sep. 4, 2006, 02:12 PM
For those who love Debbie:

She did suffer a severed spinal cord. Two rods were inserted into her spine to stabilize her neck during surgery yesterday morning. She is not able to breathe independently. Only time will tell, but as of today she is given a 15% chance of being able to do so in the future.

Again, only time will tell, but the paralysis appears permanent and complete.

Her friends and family are at her side as she becomes aware of what has happened.

Please keep her in your hearts and say a prayer.

pawsplus
Sep. 4, 2006, 02:18 PM
Dammit. Dammit.

Thanks for the update. <:-(

clivers
Sep. 4, 2006, 03:08 PM
Oh no! I'm so sorry!!! That's heartbreaking!!!!
Jingling for Debbie and all her friends and family...

basil's mom
Sep. 4, 2006, 03:38 PM
I can't even begin to say how sorry I am. My prayers are w/ her and her family.

deltawave
Sep. 4, 2006, 03:51 PM
How awful, and probably every rider's worst nightmare. :no: Sincerely hoping for some better news down the line.

sidepasser
Sep. 4, 2006, 04:03 PM
What an unfortunate accident for someone so well thought of in the horse community. I'll keep Debbie in my prayers, she was a true horsewoman in every sense of the word.

DocNDabby
Sep. 4, 2006, 04:06 PM
Also not really an eventer but try to follow the sport... I had no idea until today this had happened to Debby. SO sad to hear what happened to her...that last report just breaks my heart for her and her family! Sending MANY, MANY loving prayers, thoughts and jingles to her and her family!!

IfWishesWereHorses
Sep. 4, 2006, 04:07 PM
Oh no, not another horrific accident. Im so sorry to hear about this tragedy. I had an almost identical thing happen to a friend of mine.

There are some tough times ahead for Debbie, she will need all her friends and support.

My best regards to all concerned.

eks
Sep. 4, 2006, 04:16 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts from FL

Reynard Ridge
Sep. 4, 2006, 04:51 PM
She and her family are in our prayers.

GallopGirl
Sep. 4, 2006, 04:56 PM
My the Lord grant Debbie and her family comfort in this trying time.

FoxChaser
Sep. 4, 2006, 05:06 PM
We spent the weekend at Classic and heard rumors of how Debbie was doing. Our hearts go out to her and her family... Jingling hard!!!

Robby Johnson
Sep. 4, 2006, 05:11 PM
This is positively awful news. I am very saddened to read this. My thoughts are with Debbie and her family as well.

tradewind
Sep. 4, 2006, 05:38 PM
May God Bless Her and Keep her and all of her family during these difficult times..How unbelievably sad..sigh....

sidepasser
Sep. 4, 2006, 05:41 PM
I don't know how else to put it, but does Debbie need anything in the way of help with her horses/dogs/farm? Is there anyone here that can answer if she will need assistance with bills? I hope this doesn't come across as crass or "hick" or something, but I got to thinking that even if she is covered by insurance, perhaps a few coins in the coffers might help with the day to day horse expenses/house expenses.

Lord, some puleeeze help me out here...I will contribute if I know where to do so..but even myself, with insurance to cover me, wouldn't cover my costs for horses in training, or horses that just plain need to eat. I figure others must be in the same situation.

So- someone who is closer to the situation, let us know: Can we contribute to a fund to assist in this time of need?

Let us know and I will send $$$ her way to help with her horses, feed, etc.

Thanks
Sidepasser

Olympic Engagement
Sep. 4, 2006, 06:01 PM
I never met her personally, but no good rider deserves to be hurt. Hopefully she will recover quickly..Is there any chance of paralyzation? (lets hope not!)

stfatpony
Sep. 4, 2006, 06:10 PM
I do not know Debbie, as I am a horse show person, but the same exact thing happened (fracture of the C2 vertebrae in the neck) to a friend of mine three weeks ago at a horse show. Her spinal cord was pinched, not severed, but there was nothing they could do. The doctors said if the cord is severed or if the cord can not be unpinched (as was the case with my friend, Bonnie) it is impossible to ever be anything but a quadraplegic and she would always live on a ventilator. Bonnie passed away 5 days after the accident. It has been a horrible experience for all of us, so I know how the friends and family of Debbie feel.

Debbie, her family and friends are in my prayers.

silver2
Sep. 4, 2006, 06:25 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts go out to her family.

Sidepasser, I think that is a very generous offer.

Rustlo
Sep. 4, 2006, 06:26 PM
Debbie is in good hands at UK with a top notch team taking care of her. We all wish her the best and our prayers go out to Debbie, her family and friends.

I would like to commend the EMS, Officials, Organizers, Volunteers and Staff of the Kentucky Classic on their handling of this tragic situation. The EMS response was rapid with the best care being given within seconds of the injury occurring. These guys are some of the best EMTs and Paramedics in the country and do their very best to take care of our eventing family and the other disciplines showing at the KHP.

We all hope the best for Debbie.

Rusty

jonquilTN
Sep. 4, 2006, 06:39 PM
I only know Debbie "in passing" but everything I know about her is top notch. She is a truly wonderful woman and I can only pray for her and her family in this very difficult time.

Thoughts and Prayers,
JTN

annikak
Sep. 4, 2006, 06:47 PM
damn it.
Jingles continue. Please someone let us know if there is anything that we can do. I know she has a lovely dog that my friend returned to her on Friday night.... If there is anything...please, point us in the right direction.

subk
Sep. 4, 2006, 06:51 PM
I don't know how else to put it, but does Debbie need anything in the way of help with her horses/dogs/farm? Is there anyone here that can answer if she will need assistance with bills?
The two horses Debbie was competing are staying in Lexington with a local trainer. Her other horses at her new farm in KY (she moved this spring from TN to KY) are being moved today back to Franklin, TN to a friend's farm. Lulu her dog will be living with a dear friend/student here in town. Debbie knows all of this and certainly must take comfort in the fact the one of the three people she would think "qualified" to care for her horses will be! (Debbie's stable management practices are eclipsed by no one!)

I had a good conversation today with Debbie's long time show groom and dear friend who spent all of Saturday with her. She confirmed to me that Debbie does have medical insurance. I would tend to doubt that finances are a problem, but if any needs like that arises someone will let you know. I have never met her family but understand they will be a great support to her. Her mother is said to be quite awesome.

Mostly what Debbie needs right now are prayers and positive thoughts. Even with the seemly bad news the doctors have made it clear that the practical effect of the injury can't begin to be known for several days, even a week--it takes that long for the spinal cord to recover from the immediate "shock." I think that pretty standard with spinal injuries.

Deb's tough and she's strong. I wouldn't count her out just yet. In fact her groom told me that Saturday morning she had to tell the first nurses that Debbie wasn't the 20 something year old "girl" they initially thought her to be! They were quiet surprised to discover her real age!

If anyone would like to send her some good wishes I'm sure cards would be appreciated. The address I was given is:

Trauma ICU Unit
UK Chandler Medical Center
University of Kentucky
800 Rose Street
Lexington, KY 40536

I don't believe flowers and gifts are accepted in ICU.

Sorry I have so little to share--I'm not sure there is really much info right now. I'm also not sure what her family wants shared about her current medical condition on a public forum. But please know that she is surrounded and supported by a large group of friends and family who love her!

3dazey
Sep. 4, 2006, 07:06 PM
SR Rider,

Thank you so much for your caring message. I want you to know how much I appreciated the initial information that you shared...it was not the news I would ever hope to learn, but it made me aware of what had happened and enabled me to network with common friends. After all, that's how we all get through these times; together.

The event community has a powerful bond and I have talked to and emailed with some truly lovely people today because of the COTH bulletin board, and that includes you.

With gratitude,

Dana

Mudroom
Sep. 4, 2006, 08:14 PM
Regardless of the future outcomes, one small, short-term thing we could all come together on would be a fence sponsorship at Team Challenge to celebrate Debbie's love of eventing.

If somebody who knew her well could tell us what type of jump she really liked we could name it "Debbie's Delight" or some such.

I know Team Challenge is looking for jump sponsors and they will use the name on the PA system all day as they announce cross-country.

What do you think?

-Morley

annikak
Sep. 4, 2006, 08:17 PM
thank you for the updates- we will jingle hard here in MI and prayers will continue. I am glad she has good support in such a hard time...that will help.

CookiePony
Sep. 4, 2006, 08:19 PM
I don't know how else to put it, but does Debbie need anything in the way of help with her horses/dogs/farm? Is there anyone here that can answer if she will need assistance with bills? I hope this doesn't come across as crass or "hick" or something, but I got to thinking that even if she is covered by insurance, perhaps a few coins in the coffers might help with the day to day horse expenses/house expenses.

Lord, some puleeeze help me out here...I will contribute if I know where to do so..but even myself, with insurance to cover me, wouldn't cover my costs for horses in training, or horses that just plain need to eat. I figure others must be in the same situation.

So- someone who is closer to the situation, let us know: Can we contribute to a fund to assist in this time of need?

Let us know and I will send $$$ her way to help with her horses, feed, etc.

Thanks
Sidepasser

No, not crass-- At this point, things are just getting sorted out. There might be a way to help. If/when that gets set up, I'll make sure it gets posted.

Mariequi
Sep. 4, 2006, 08:36 PM
Took care of the barn Saturday while everyone was at KHP. Was there yesterday, but heard nothing until today. So hard to fathom. Have to sent out the jingles and prayers no matter what the news. Geez. I've been out of it a while. Didn't realize Debbie had moved from TN to KY.

adamsmom
Sep. 4, 2006, 09:25 PM
My family's thoughts and prayers are with Debbie.
If there is anything we can do, please let us know.

I am in Lexington everyday, and have space for horses in Bardstown, if needed.
I also have family in Columbia, KY, which is where I think Debbie relocated. We would all be more than happy to help.

I am so devastated by this news. Jingles, prayers and positive thoughts to Debbie.

JAGold
Sep. 5, 2006, 12:57 AM
What a horrible nightmare for such a wonderful person. I wish her the best and am relieved to know that she is receiving such tremendous care and support not only from the medical professionals, but also from her friends and family.

Thanks to those who have provided updates. --Jess

Judi
Sep. 5, 2006, 01:06 AM
Please let us know what if anything we can do for her and her family.

jingling for miracles...

: (

FlightCheck
Sep. 5, 2006, 06:43 AM
Mudroom - I would be happy to contribute money towards a fence sponsorship, and, as the MidSouth announcer, will make sure that the fence's name is announced.

I also second Rustlo's compliments to the emts, jump judges, and staff at the Classic. Everyone was quick and efficient and caring.

lastchanced
Sep. 5, 2006, 06:57 AM
I did not know Debbie, but wanted to offer my condolences to her, her family, and those surrounding her during this time.

What are incredibly sad and trying accident, I wish her the best and she is in my thoughts...

Hollywood
Sep. 5, 2006, 08:41 AM
I do not know Debbie but I was competing at the show this weekend and heard the course had a hold and I then heard the helicopter and you just knew it couldn't be good. The information traveling through the barns was certainly traumatic. It really reminds you of the dangers of the sport. What a horible nightmare for any rider.

My thoughts and prayers are with Debbie and her family.

monstrpony
Sep. 5, 2006, 09:03 AM
OMG, how awful. Debbie was Monstr's original mother and she is genuinely a wonderful person and horsewoman. I'd lost touch with her over the years, but followed her eventing career whenever her name showed up in the Chron.

Why does bad stuff happen to such good people?

Monstr and I will be jingling like crazy!!

goobs
Sep. 5, 2006, 09:29 AM
What heartbreaking, terrible news. She will be in my thoughts and prayers. Sounds like she has a strong will so I am hopeful that it won't be as bad as the doctors think it will be. Fingers crossed. Go Debbie GO! So true, why do bad things always happen to such good people?

AmberWriter
Sep. 5, 2006, 10:22 AM
I am still in a state of disbelief that Debbie could be in such a serious accident. This is a tough sport that we're in. Debbie's a strong woman and if anyone can get through this she can - I am sure that everyone's thoughts and prayers will mean a lot.
Since she relies on her teaching and training business, I would think that fundraising efforts would also be helpful, and I would be glad to help in any way possible. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to set something up? As the Beatles put it, "I get by with a little help from my friends..." I am sure Debbie will need her friends now more than ever.

Irish Momma
Sep. 5, 2006, 10:55 AM
Holding her in my thoughts and jingling like hell!!

rbush
Sep. 5, 2006, 11:10 AM
I just can't believe any of this. I pray with all my heart that Debbie's own strength and our good thoughts and prayers keep her strong and motivated through what will be a most difficult time. <JINGLES>

BBowen
Sep. 5, 2006, 01:58 PM
I do not know Debbie either, but she is a part of the eventing community and it touches all of us that love this sport. Many prayers and jingles for her, her family and friends. I prayer the outcome is better than it looks now.

3dazey
Sep. 5, 2006, 03:58 PM
AmberWriter, a "Friends of Debbie" account has been discussed among those closest to her, and I believe Cookie Pony said she would post here when things were formalized so that we can all participate. :sadsmile:

PnkPanthr
Sep. 5, 2006, 06:51 PM
Prayers and jingles from Flora Lea in NJ:(

CookiePony
Sep. 5, 2006, 07:40 PM
If there is a way to help, as soon as I or another COTHer familiar with the situation hears about it we will post here on COTH. It might take a while to get something organized, and it is not at all clear what form it would take. It is important that whatever is organized either comes from or has the blessing of Debbie and her family. It is very generous to want to help-- please understand we just need to wait a while for more information on how best to do so.

Debbie is awake and it would be very nice for her to get cards and letters. subk posted the address above (and also the fact that flowers are not allowed in the ICU). So if you want to express your prayers and jingles directly, that's the best way. :)

AmberWriter
Sep. 5, 2006, 07:56 PM
If there is a way to help, as soon as I or another COTHer familiar with the situation hears about it we will post here on COTH. It might take a while to get something organized, and it is not at all clear what form it would take. It is important that whatever is organized either comes from or has the blessing of Debbie and her family. It is very generous to want to help-- please understand we just need to wait a while for more information on how best to do so.

Debbie is awake and it would be very nice for her to get cards and letters. subk posted the address above (and also the fact that flowers are not allowed in the ICU). So if you want to express your prayers and jingles directly, that's the best way. :)

Thanks CookiePony! I'd be happy to help in any way I can but you are absolutely right, I think it needs to originate with Debbie and her family or at least have their blessing, as you put it. Probably they just need some time right now to take in the situation. Sending a card is a good idea. Thanks too for keeping us posted.

Mariequi
Sep. 5, 2006, 10:06 PM
And everyone in this area is ready to help however whenever we can.

LockeMeadows
Sep. 5, 2006, 10:38 PM
I'm sure her family and closest friends have their plate's full right now, but please let us know how we can help when the time comes. There hasn't been a COTH Benefit Auction for a while...

RiverBendPol
Sep. 6, 2006, 07:28 AM
Has there been any change? I am so sad for Debbie and her family. Thinking of her constantly, hoping for a good update.......

shr
Sep. 6, 2006, 08:57 AM
I have been gettng some updates forwared to me, here is the latest....

Please get your cards out to Debbie Atkinson soon, she is to be transferred to Washington DC area, and we want her to know now that we are all thinking an praying for her. Will send you her new address as soon as I know it, but for now send cards to Ky address. Thanks, L.Patte

Thanks to the quick action of the paramedics on site &
a doctor who happened to be on the spot, a spectator,
possibly a competitor's father, Debbie has suffered
ZERO brain damage. She is awake, aware &
communicating. She was able to get a good night's
sleep Sunday night & woke in a positive & very
"Debbie" (a.k.a. feisty) frame of mind on Monday
morning. She is mouthing words around her breathing
tube, nodding & shaking her head (no matter how many
times the doctors tell her not to) & spelling out
words when someone calls out letters & she indicates
where to stop.

Deborah Lovett

ideayoda
Sep. 6, 2006, 09:16 AM
For those that said she has insurance, most plans have 1M cap, and that goes very very quickly in high care facilities. Contribute.

RiverBendPol
Sep. 6, 2006, 12:26 PM
That is a FABULOUS report! Thank you!! Just what I was looking for:sadsmile:
(where is the goose bumps icon?!)

In case you can't find it:
Trauma ICU Unit
UK Chandler Medical Center
University of Kentucky
800 Rose Street
Lexington, KY 40536

SR Rider
Sep. 6, 2006, 08:46 PM
go back to an earlier message of mine where you can link to a website at the hospital and get an email sent which volunteers will deliver to the patient's room

good luck Debbie, we are praying for you!

maxxtrot
Sep. 6, 2006, 10:25 PM
oh god, i have not been on and just heard the news, i am sooo sorry for debbie and her family. my prayers are with her and her family!

Mudroom
Sep. 6, 2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks to the quick action of the paramedics on site &
a doctor who happened to be on the spot, a spectator,
possibly a competitor's father, Debbie has suffered
ZERO brain damage.

I understand that the doctor who happened to be there was Mike Sekela who is a competitor. He is a physician in Lexington, I believe a cardiologist.

See-not all adult males at events are some kid's father! ;-)

mroades
Sep. 6, 2006, 10:41 PM
I met Debbie years ago in TN, and was impressed with her abilities as a horseman. I thought then, how rare.....I am jingling like mad here in SC

jsm
Sep. 6, 2006, 10:46 PM
I did not know Debbie but my heart goes out to her friends and family. If any one one this board knows her family personally (spelling); tell them to pm me if they want. I went through the same injury with my father 8 years ago.Perhaps I can give them some knowledge of what to expect. I live in Baltimore so if I can be of any use I am willing.Of course on the neurologic front lots of exciting things are also happening.

Sannois
Sep. 7, 2006, 07:04 AM
to hear this news!:( I was praying so hard she would nothave a spinal cord injury! Still praying for a miracle!

Debbie
Sep. 7, 2006, 09:14 AM
How tragic... jingles and healing wishes being sent to her.

NoGreatMischief
Sep. 7, 2006, 11:08 AM
Jingling like mad for Debbie!

Noctis
Sep. 7, 2006, 09:41 PM
HUGE jingles for debbie. I met her when she was still in TN, and she was SO awesome to me. ***JINGLE***

amandasnowy
Sep. 7, 2006, 09:48 PM
oh how awful, just read about this! Don't know her.. but BIG JINGLES.

AmberWriter
Sep. 7, 2006, 09:53 PM
The USEA is also accepting cards for Debbie. Go to www.useventing.com for more information.

go back to an earlier message of mine where you can link to a website at the hospital and get an email sent which volunteers will deliver to the patient's room

good luck Debbie, we are praying for you!

AppJumpr08
Sep. 7, 2006, 11:24 PM
jingle jingle jingle!!!

Mach Two
Sep. 8, 2006, 12:47 AM
I have known Deb for 15 years, have ridden with her, we have hauled together, set jumps, cleaned stalls, groomed horses, braided, wrapped legs, vet boxed, laughed and cried together. She is an incredibly resilent woman, strong in many ways, and a true horseman. She saw through the bluff of my good horse while I rode with her, and helped me get him through his first horse trials. She is one of two people I'd leave to wrap my horse's legs if I needed to do so, because she is the kind of person who pays attention to the details.

I have been out of eventing for several years now, (my own neck injury gave me enough pain and enough of a scare to sideline me) but have kept up with Deb, though I have missed her terribly since she left Tennessee.

I'll be at her side tomorrow, along with another friend and a student. It's hard to know what to pray for at a time like this...but I continue to pray.

I honestly think the eventing world contains some of the finest folks in the world. Deb is proof of that.

Keep up the good wishes and prayers
Juni Fisher

annikak
Sep. 8, 2006, 07:42 AM
Juni-
How wonderful of you to be with her and spend time with her. What I have gathered from reading about her is her stength, tenacity and that her horsemanship skills were beyond reproach. All these things bode her in good stead- and her friends and family will be what pull her thru all this Cr*p.
I noticed that you are new to the board- but I need to add that the jingles everyone is talking about (usually a curb chain, even a metaphorical one) are amazing and have worked very well for many. Debbie is being jingled for in a furious manner, and all good thoughts, prayers are directed towards her and her "team" to guide everyone in her care.
So- jingles continue!

Mudroom- that is wonderful information about Mike...thanks for letting us know.:yes:

buschkn
Sep. 8, 2006, 08:42 AM
"It's hard to know what to pray for at a time like this...but I continue to pray. "

Very much agreed, here. Jingling like crazy for some sort of miracle. I recently left the UK ER and Lexington a couple months ago, so I know she has received excellent care by diligent and hard-working people, from the EMS crew to the surgeons. I am sorry the news has not been better regarding the extent of her injuries. It is absolutely devastating to hear. My thoughts are with her and her family in this trying and sad time.

pawsplus
Sep. 8, 2006, 10:14 AM
I'm confused -- Is Debbie still at UK or is she in Wash? I want to send a card, but want it to go to the right place -- anyone know for sure?

Thanks.

shr
Sep. 8, 2006, 11:04 AM
Debbie is in Lexington now.

Someone will update when she has been moved.

CookiePony
Sep. 8, 2006, 05:41 PM
Debbie is in Lexington now.

Someone will update when she has been moved.

I found out today that she won't be moved for at least another week. Also, she is enjoying the cards and emails that she has received. So keep them coming!

onthebit
Sep. 8, 2006, 06:12 PM
Juni,

What a lovely post about Debbie. She was a rare trainer in my world as I actually thought she was very honest and trustworthy. My experience with her was brief as I only took a couple of lessons when I first waded into the eventing world this spring. I really liked her as a person.

BTW, this is Melissa, the person that has "your" schipperke! A lot has changed in my life since I last saw you.

I hope you are able to provide comfort to Debbie this weekend. I will be thinking about both of you.

Melissa/onthebit

SR Rider
Sep. 8, 2006, 08:17 PM
God, please embrace Debbie with your heavenly love. Comfort her; quiet her fears. Grant her peaceful sleeps. Give her superhuman strength to deal with this emotionally, physically, and spiritually. God, also tend to her mother and caregivers allowing them the strength to deal with this and please watch over their health as much is being expected of them right now. God, we don't know why such a horrible thing would happen to a good, special person, but we trust that you will stay beside her through this holding her close to your heart. Give to us the wisdom to speak and write the right words; and dont let us forget that weeks and months from now, we still need to be in Debbie's corner. All this we ask in Jesus name, amen.

Firefox
Sep. 8, 2006, 09:04 PM
thank you SR Rider, that was lovely!!!

Mach Two
Sep. 8, 2006, 09:48 PM
I saw Deb today, she was so excited to see me and beamed and "mouthed" how glad she was that I'd come . Her eyes are bright, she smiles, crackes jokes, mugs, and manages to communicate quite well. My feelings about her survival are much stronger, because I see the spirit and grit of the Deb I know. We delivered a bundle of cards and letters, which will be read as she has the time and energy to hear them. They had just sedated her when I arrived, and she fought the drowsiness long enough to ask some questions, make jokes, and laughed when I told her a story about my horse. There were some wonderful posters on her wall already, that students had made up for her, pictures of friends and horses. I told her "You know, you look remarkably good, considering" (and old joke) and she grinned and laughed.

Don't give up on Debbie Atkinson, she is a trooper and a survivor. She's never been a quitter in her whole life. Her life is changed, but her spirit may carry her to a new avenue, if she chooses to go that direction, and we can pray that her outcome will be better than expected.

She knows you all pray and "jingle" for her, and she knows how much she is loved.

Melissa, nice to hear from you. Hope "Baby Skippy" is well, too!
Juni

3dazey
Sep. 9, 2006, 06:06 AM
Mach Two, your message was so timely. I will be "out of the loop" for the next ten days, and what you've told us makes it a little easier to leave.

We have lots of friends in the DC area because of our life in the Army. We will definitely be getting up there to see Deb.

Hugs to all of you, prayers and love to Deb. She is beyond amazing.

Badger
Sep. 9, 2006, 10:01 AM
Mach Two, what a wondeful post. I don't know Deb, but can certainly tell from this thread that she is much loved and much admired.

onthebit
Sep. 9, 2006, 12:01 PM
Baby Skippy is probably the most loved dog on the planet! Spoiled and doted on and an experienced traveler.

I'm glad you had a nice visit with Debbie. I am amazed at how positive everyone says she has been so far. What a strong lady she is.

clivers
Sep. 9, 2006, 12:11 PM
Thank you for the update Mach two!

Hunter's Rest
Sep. 9, 2006, 03:55 PM
Mach Two-Juni
This is from Betsy Parker, Charlie's daughter (making Dana my step-monster, I guess....). Thank you thank you for the updates. That is wonderful news.
Please let us know when she is to come to DC and where exactly. I'm just an hour west and am happy to do whatever necessary to keep the information flowing.

eventcoach
Sep. 9, 2006, 05:54 PM
A message regarding the condition of Debbie Atkinson. Debbie has sustained a critical injury to her neck and spine. With all serious spinal cord injuries there is a crucial waiting period where healing occurs......So we wait. She under went surgery on Sunday to stabilize the broken bones in her neck and skull. She remains on a ventilator via trach tube and communicates by mouthing words. I was with Deb all day Sat. and Sun. I returned to the hospital on Wed. to see the vent had been replaced with a trach tube which allowed us to see her beautiful smile and allowed her to communicate with us and her family. She was touched by all of the messages and well wishing. She has been constantly reassured as to the whereabouts of her herd. Please know that we are taking care of all of her animals and they are all well including Feather, the horse involved in the accident. Deb's family is with her now and I encourage all of you to keep Debbie in your prayers as we are still waiting for her to breathe on her own. If you have a message or card for her send it to: UK CHANDLER MEDICAL CENTER 800 Rose St. Lexington KY 40536 att: Debbie Atkinson TICU. Or email Deb at www.ukhealthcare.uky.edu. She will get the message. Thank you for all of your love and concern on Deb's behalf.
Her devoted groom......Barbie Howell

Hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
and sings the tune without words
and never stops----- at all.
Emily Dickinson

showmom07
Sep. 11, 2006, 06:51 AM
Maybe we should be lighting candles for Debbie.
It seems to be working so far for Barbaro.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?l=eng

LaraNSpeedy
Sep. 11, 2006, 07:13 AM
This is so distressful! Anyone know an update? OK - the last few messages turned up after I posted. I am not sure still to be relieved at all (that she is alive and in good spirits). I guess we just wait and send prayers.

subk
Sep. 11, 2006, 01:38 PM
I've now heard from multiple people who have visited her in the last week that she will be headed to Atlanta for rehab. I believe Atlanta has one of the best facilities in the nation to deal with ventilator issues. Transfer is expected to be either later this week or next.

I'll try to get an update with a new address when the time comes.

cuagin2
Sep. 11, 2006, 11:30 PM
I spoke with Debbie's sister today, they had been reading the posts,emails, and cards. She said Debbie wanted to get a message to everyone, so here it is....

"Thank you for everybody's support. It makes me want to get better."

Mindy

JAGold
Sep. 11, 2006, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the update!! Debbie's message is both reassuring and heartbreaking...I hope she's able to return to as much of the life she loved as possible. --Jess

Mach Two
Sep. 11, 2006, 11:59 PM
I spoke with Debbie's sister today, they had been reading the posts,emails, and cards. She said Debbie wanted to get a message to everyone, so here it is....

"Thank you for everybody's support. It makes me want to get better."

Mindy
Thanks Mindy. Juni Fisher here. Please keep me posted, PM or email if you know anything I need to know.
Juni

Judi
Sep. 12, 2006, 01:46 AM
Still Jingling for many miracles for Deb out here on the West Coast.

judi

KateDB
Sep. 12, 2006, 08:09 AM
I'm in shock.
Debbie was one of my instructors many, many, many years ago, when she taught at Whitings Neck Equestrian Center in Martinsburg, WV - my favorite coach, by far.
We were able to catch up after all these years at a few events in the recent year or so. It was so wonderful to see her again on those occasions.
I always loved her teaching and her sparkling personality. She was positive and motivating and I know her wonderful qualities will help her through this time of struggle.
I'm sending my prayers and thoughts to her and to her family and local friends and I thank you all for the updates.

showmom07
Sep. 13, 2006, 07:52 AM
I don't know Debbie but I'm very concerned about her. There should be at least as much concern on this board about her as there has been about Barbaro or Lost in the Fog.

monstrpony
Sep. 13, 2006, 08:15 AM
Well, for what it's worth, I've started coming to this thread first thing every day, rather than the Barbaro one.

I believe there IS as much concern; what there isn't are the constant updates, which is as it should be as people's medical issues are private. We are lucky that the people around Barbaro chose to share with us, but we have to respect Debbie and her family's right to privacy at this difficult time.

So, we come here and express our best wishes, and we greatly appreciate the updates that we do get, but I suspect that much of the jingling and well-wishing is done in our hearts, rather than on the BB.

(and even with the little that I do know Debbie, I bet she'd get a chuckle out of the comparison ;)!)

Mach Two
Sep. 13, 2006, 01:02 PM
I think Deb would get a smile out of the Barbaro comparison. I am going to email her today, and mention that. Keep up the positive thoughts and prayers.
Strength in numbers!
I plan to keep focusing my positive energies towards Deb for as long as it takes.
What a remarkable horsewoman and teacher she is! If you have a story for her about how you met, or how your horse flourished under her tutelige, let her know.
Juni

Mariequi
Sep. 13, 2006, 11:32 PM
Yep, I sent an email, too, and offered to put up any visitors while she's here.

showmom07
Sep. 15, 2006, 08:05 AM
Still praying for Debbie.

onthebit
Sep. 15, 2006, 01:25 PM
Just a bump to let Debbie know I am still thinking about her.

Norgard
Sep. 15, 2006, 01:52 PM
I can't believe how much I have been thinking of her! I wish we could hear some good news! She is in my thoughts and I am sending her every positive vibe I can muster!!!!

eks
Sep. 15, 2006, 04:36 PM
I check here each day also to see if there is any updated news on Debbie's condition. I have never met Debbie, but she and her family are in my prayers!

Longspot
Sep. 15, 2006, 06:19 PM
We're thinking of you, Debbie.

La Gringa
Sep. 15, 2006, 06:28 PM
I came upon this thread late, but I was very sad to hear about Debbie's accident. I am glad though that she is up beat and doing as well as can be expected considering her injuries.

My prayers and best wishes to her and her family.

showmom07
Sep. 17, 2006, 07:13 AM
Jingles and prayers for Debbie

Lori T
Sep. 17, 2006, 08:02 AM
Sending lots of jingles from Florida. I have been following this post and am saddened by what has happened, knowing it can happen to anyone of us. Please keep the updates coming.

Debbie
Sep. 18, 2006, 10:06 AM
Still jingling for Debbie --- we Debbies have to stick together.

monstrpony
Sep. 18, 2006, 10:07 AM
I've been jingling a lot and checking back for an update. Just sending lots of best wishes and good thoughts!

Wendy123
Sep. 18, 2006, 10:12 AM
For those who love Debbie:

She did suffer a severed spinal cord. Two rods were inserted into her spine to stabilize her neck during surgery yesterday morning. She is not able to breathe independently. Only time will tell, but as of today she is given a 15% chance of being able to do so in the future.

Again, only time will tell, but the paralysis appears permanent and complete.

Her friends and family are at her side as she becomes aware of what has happened.

Please keep her in your hearts and say a prayer.

OMG! She is in my prayers!!!

eponacowgirl
Sep. 18, 2006, 10:04 PM
Bumping up with lots of prayers. I tell the story to everyone I know, and they're all thinking of her all the time.

quiet girl
Sep. 18, 2006, 10:59 PM
Is Debbie still in KY? Anyone know if she will still be going to Atlanta? Thanks.

annikak
Sep. 19, 2006, 06:59 AM
Thinking about Debbie and jingling like crazy!

subk
Sep. 19, 2006, 08:36 AM
Is Debbie still in KY? Anyone know if she will still be going to Atlanta? Thanks.
Last I heard (about Friday) it's a question of bed availbility at the Shepherd Center in Atlanta. I believe a decision whether to wait for a bed there or go somewhere else will probably be made this week if it hasn't been already.

3dazey
Sep. 19, 2006, 10:37 PM
A little bird who knows these things just told me that the Shepherd Center is a sure thing for Deb, and the move should be coming very soon! :yes:

AstonMartin
Sep. 20, 2006, 03:31 AM
I dont know her, but my thoughts and best wishes are with her at this hard time.

Prayers comming your way :):yes: :sadsmile:

hitchinmygetalong
Sep. 20, 2006, 06:11 AM
More jingles for Debbie from Lexington! There are many people in this area who are jingling hard for a miracle.

Mariequi
Sep. 20, 2006, 09:53 PM
Lots of people jingling for Debbie. Friends have talked about coming to stay to see her, so please let us know of any moves or changes. You go, Debbie.

Lord Helpus
Sep. 22, 2006, 07:46 AM
Jingles and prayers for Debbie

gillenwaterfarm
Sep. 22, 2006, 08:03 AM
Prayers will be lifted up for Debbie. She sounds like a wonderful person, and I hope I have the honor of meeting her someday.

monstrpony
Sep. 22, 2006, 09:33 AM
Jingles and good thoughts for Debbie, and warm, fuzzy schnuffles from Monstr.

Monstr was bred by Debbie. He was by a Percheron stallion and out of a very individualistic mare; Debbie was one of few people who could ride her well. She was difficult to breed, and had lost twins the year before, so she was turned out with the stallion in hopes that he would successfully pasture breed her. He hit on the first try (which is why Monstr's birthday is in the unlikely month of October). Monstr was orphaned when he was about a day old. The mare apparently hemorrhaged and was having some siezures as she died, and I remember Debbie telling me that she had to go into the stall, pick up the foal in her arms, and carry him out of harm's way. Monstr is now 17.2 and weighs around 1650 lbs, so it's difficult to imagine him being that small. But I always remember Debbie telling me that story, and it speaks volumes about the kind of horsewoman she is.

And so, she named him "Wish Me Luck". And with a story like that behind it, there was no way I could change his name. In some ways, it seems the luck has abandoned him over the years, but perhaps he was just saving it, knowing somehow that Debbie would need some of it back one day. I hope it serves her well.

shr
Sep. 22, 2006, 09:48 AM
Debbie has been approved to receive donation to help with medical expenses through the AHTF:

American Horse Trial Foundation, Inc
221 Gove Cove Rd
Centerville, Maryland 21617-2686

For informtion call 443 262-9555
fax 443 262-9666
email:ahtf@att.net
web: www.ahtf3day.org

Debbie is still at UK in Lexington. I don't know when she will be transferred, but she will be headed to the following address for rehab: (check out their website-it seems like an amazing place!)

CONTACT US
Mailing address:

Shepherd Center
2020 Peachtree Road, NW
Atlanta, GA 30309-1465
http://www.shepherd.org/

SR Rider
Sep. 22, 2006, 11:58 PM
Debbie, I am thinking of you making your trip to Atlanta. I am sure that after your stay at UK you are at once anxious, concerned, and determined at what awaits you in Atlanta. Undoubtedly, there you will receive conctinued excellent care and treatment and have new friends to encourage you and support you. God Bless you and keep you focused and calm. God give you peaceful sleeps and beautiful dreams and another day of sunshine, hope, and love. Your friend, the fence judge

Cody
Sep. 23, 2006, 07:01 AM
Debbie,
Just want to pass it along to you and everyone that the "Debbie" ribbons that Patte Clement & her church group made are appearing here at the AEC's. I know the USEA tent has them. Debbie, you are in everyone's thoughts here and we're "jingling" like crazy for you.

Nancy

petit fromage
Sep. 24, 2006, 10:55 AM
Although I never had the opportunity to meet her, I would love to write her a letter...do you think it would be OK to do so?

CookiePony
Sep. 24, 2006, 12:06 PM
Although I never had the opportunity to meet her, I would love to write her a letter...do you think it would be OK to do so?

Yes-- I have heard from reliable sources that cards and letters are helping keep her morale up, so write away! :cool:

AmberWriter
Sep. 25, 2006, 11:13 AM
There was indeed quite a showing of support for Debbie at the AEC - a lot of people were wearing ribbons with her XC colors, including Jo Whitehouse (USEA Exec. Director) and Kyra King Stuart (USEA President) when they presented awards. Also a beautiful poster with a photo donated by Ted Tchir was set up in the USEA tent announcing that the AHTF will accept funds for Debbie. Announcements were made over the PA system regularly encouraging people to help support her medical bills. But the main thing is that a whole lot of people were talking about Debbie and what a wonderful part of the horse community she is, and a lot of people are thinking about her and hoping for the best.

AmberWriter
Sep. 25, 2006, 11:13 AM
There was indeed quite a showing of support for Debbie at the AEC - a lot of people were wearing ribbons with her XC colors, including Jo Whitehouse (USEA Exec. Director) and Kyra King Stuart (USEA President) when they presented awards. Also a beautiful poster with a photo donated by Ted Tchir was set up in the USEA tent announcing that the AHTF will accept funds for Debbie. Announcements were made over the PA system regularly encouraging people to help support her medical bills. But the main thing is that a whole lot of people were talking about Debbie and what a wonderful part of the horse community she is, and a lot of people are thinking about her and hoping for the best.

BogyNme
Sep. 25, 2006, 11:57 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows what level spinal cord injury Debbie had. (i.e...which vertebrae did she break?)

My prayers are with her!!!

subk
Sep. 25, 2006, 06:02 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows what level spinal cord injury Debbie had. (i.e...which vertebrae did she break?)
As I understand it, she broke C-1, C-2, C-3 as well as fractured her skull--that's the "bone injury." Her spinal cord injury is believed to be very similar to Chris Reeve's--significant but NOT severed.

I heard from someone who visited her this weekend that she seemed very pragmatic about everything and was very anxious to get the whole rehab thing started. Which sounds EXACTLY like her. I can hear her at my disastrous River Glen warm-up last year telling me to stop getting in a wad about his bad behavior and just get on with it--"and if you're not going to ride him *forward* to that warm-up fence then you may as well not bother." Which was exactly the kick in the pants I needed!

3dazey
Sep. 25, 2006, 07:50 PM
subk, River Glen must be Debbie's "kick in the pants" event of choice! A couple years ago I was making a pretty weenie go at Intermediate. She came out with me to xc warm up and told me to "stop treating him (the horse) like such a mama's boy!" A great kick in the pants that stayed with me. I still laugh when I think about it. Only Debbie could say it like that, so deadpan and matter-of-fact, yet hit the nail on the head AND made me laugh even while I was kicking on around.

Love you, Deb. :lol:

showmom07
Sep. 28, 2006, 06:54 AM

I'm so glad someone is doing this. What were Debbie's XC colors?

The passed out those little bracelets to honor young hunter/jumper trainer Thomas Fahey and his young student Paige Winters (killed in Lexington plane crash) at the Kentucky National Show.

monstrpony
Sep. 28, 2006, 08:58 AM
Still thinking of you, Deb!

Any update on the "travel plans"? Has Debbie moved to Atlanta yet?

I saw a copy of the poster that was up at the AEC (?)--does anyone know who was responsible for it? I assume it was the AHTF? I'm going to try to get my equestrian club to do a fundraiser to make a contribution to the AHTF, and it would be nice to have a copy of that poster, or something similar.

KateDB
Sep. 28, 2006, 05:40 PM
showmom, I believe they are green...they always used to be and they are in this photo, too!
http://www.useventing.com/start.php?id=553

If anyone sees Debbie, please remind me to her. Tell her I was out at Whitings Neck and few weeks ago and thought of her and Neptune!

AmberWriter
Sep. 28, 2006, 08:17 PM
I'm so glad someone is doing this. What were Debbie's XC colors?.

Her colors are blue and green

subk
Sep. 28, 2006, 09:39 PM
I saw a copy of the poster that was up at the AEC (?)--does anyone know who was responsible for it? I assume it was the AHTF?
I'm not sure, but I think it's Patti Clement. If not she will know who it is. She's on the Board of Governors--the USEA should have contact info. I think the AHTF just serves as a not for profit vehicle for the fund raising.

Carol Ames
Sep. 28, 2006, 11:40 PM
I'm very late ingtting back here:sadsmile: ,a are there anyupdates? Any idea whatrehab facility she may go to?

showmom07
Oct. 1, 2006, 08:51 AM
I'm very late ingtting back here:sadsmile: ,a are there anyupdates? Any idea whatrehab facility she may go to?

See post # 142.

HunterJumperGin
Oct. 2, 2006, 05:51 PM
I've been keeping tabs on this thread for a while now. The Shepherd's center here in Atlanta is a WONDERFUL place for people with such injuries. A woman from our church was in a car accident on Christmas Day, and spent months there. She is paralyzed from the neck down, but has made significant progress thanks to the people from the center.

Keeping Debbie in my prayers!

MandyVA
Oct. 4, 2006, 01:49 PM
I don't know Debbie but I check this thread almost every day and think about her a lot. I have quite the mental imprint of her from all the warm descriptions from people who know her! Sending well-wishes from Virginia her way.

BBowen
Oct. 4, 2006, 02:42 PM
I do check often to hear of updates on Debbie. Continued prayers for her!!!

Sannois
Oct. 4, 2006, 05:20 PM
I don't know Debbie but I check this thread almost every day and think about her a lot. I have quite the mental imprint of her from all the warm descriptions from people who know her! Sending well-wishes from Virginia her way.
Praying for her all the way, shes sounds like such a great person!
:yes:

sbock
Oct. 6, 2006, 01:56 AM
Stay strong Debbie. We are all with you!

moonstrider
Oct. 6, 2006, 03:52 AM
Jingles for Debbie from New Jersey! Stay strong, and know that so many people are sending positive thoughts your way.

onthebit
Oct. 6, 2006, 08:35 AM
Debbie, I am still thinking about you every day.

Irish Momma
Oct. 6, 2006, 08:18 PM
Thinking of you often and I have a group of friends sending prayers and positive vibes to you.

eks
Oct. 7, 2006, 11:15 PM
Still checking in on the site each day to see about how you are doing. Wanted to let you know I'm still praying for you and thinking about you and your family.

showmom07
Oct. 10, 2006, 07:38 PM
Continuing thoughts and prayers for Debbie.

annikak
Oct. 10, 2006, 07:58 PM
Here, too, checking in to see how Debbie is doing- even those that don't post are checking to see how Deb is doing. Hoping for a great update soon!
Jingles to Debbie and everyone involved in her care....

eponacowgirl
Oct. 10, 2006, 09:47 PM
I was just going to post about those green ribbons- they were everywhere. It was good to see them all!

pawsplus
Oct. 10, 2006, 11:58 PM
Greetings to Debbie! I thought of you a lot at the MTPC horse trials -- everyone was wearing green ribbons and your spirit was there for sure! Hang in there and stay strong. :)

Elizabeth

AmberWriter
Oct. 12, 2006, 11:21 PM
Debbie wishes to have one of her successful horses, Pantera, continue to compete with rider Cathy Wieschhoff of Lexington, Kentucky. Sponsored by Nutrena and the Ocotillo Group, Cathy is an accomplished rider who has represented the US at the Burghley CCI**** in England and is a longtime local favorite at the Rolex Kentucky three-day event. She is also a longtime friend of Debbie’s, who had started training with her after moving to Kentucky earlier this year.
Pantera, a nine-year-old Dutch warmblood gelding, was sent to Cathy’s Carriage Station Farm in Lexington following the accident and Cathy has been riding him since then.
A syndicate is being formed to purchase Pantera to provide Debbie with funds for medical expenses and to help support Pantera’s expenses. If you are interested in supporting this venture, you can call Cathy Wieschhoff directly at 859-396-4470.

Donations are tax deductable and must be made to the American Horse Trials Foundation with a note attached, “Pantera Fund”.

Donations may be mailed to:

Cathy Wieschhoff
4470 Old Frankfort Pike
Lexington, Kentucky 40510
859-396-4470

OR

American Horse Trials Foundation
221 Grove Cove Road
Centreville, Maryland 21617

FlyingChanges
Oct. 12, 2006, 11:56 PM
Jingles for Debbie and a speedy recovery! I fractured L3-L5 in an Int event about 5 years ago. I had a rod put in, but I was one of the lucky ones. I have been in this situation, and I know what she's going through. I hope that her family is doing good. I love eventers, they are great people and like another family. She is lucky to have such a great support system.

cuagin2
Oct. 14, 2006, 12:07 AM
Hi everyone, Debbie sends her thanks to everyone who has sent her cards, emails, gifts, and well wishes. She is still at the UK Med Center in Lexington, but the big news is she will be moving to Shepherd Spinal Center on Oct. 18th. YEA!!!!!! She has been taken outside on sunny days, which she loves! She thrives on hearing about everyone's horses and her horses too. Cathy Wieschoff is riding Debbie's Pantera...and Cathy has been terrific in keeping Debbie up to date on his training. Pantera is at Radnor this weekend competing in the Horse Trial, and everyone can cheer him on at the Hagyard CCI*. I was in Lexington two weeks ago, Debbie is an incredibly positive person. She is truly thankful to everyone. She wanted me to be sure and tell everyone, thank you!

Debbie's sister and mother are with her. They also wish to thank everyone for the emails and well wishes.

Debbie has suffered fractures at C1,C2,and C3. This injury has left her ventilator dependent, quadriplegic.

You can email Debbie via the University of Ky Medical Center Website...access patient and visitors..scroll down to send egreeting...you will need to enter her first and last name...and her town...Columbia, KY

Thanks to everyone for all the jingles, my apologies for not posting more often.

Mindy

flypony74
Oct. 14, 2006, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the update, Mindy! I've got Debbie in my thoughts and prayers daily, and had just picked up another card for her yesterday to put in the mail (guess I'll be sending this one to Shepherd...yeah!). Even though she is not out there riding and teaching, her presence is still very much out there through the riders she has taught. I know I am not the only one who will be cantering down to a fence thinking, "now Debbie said to...."

Kick on, Debbie! :) And good luck to Pantera!

Noctis
Oct. 14, 2006, 09:22 PM
I was thinking about debbie today and just wanted to add more jingles and hugs for her! We all love you Debbie :D

canyonoak
Oct. 14, 2006, 09:24 PM
well, ive been lighting candles for Debbie--

sending good thoughts and heartfelt hopes for her.

4Martini
Oct. 15, 2006, 08:25 AM
I've been keeping up with this and Jingling a lot. I don't know Debbie, but she sounds like a wonderful person!

As she recovers she should consider doing some "virtual coaching" it's quite big for runners and bikers where I live. She could be on line to help with questions- the ones we all have that take up way too much of our trainer's time, but we still have! I'm thinking of doing my first event and I'm afraid I will drive my trainer insane between now and spring... This is especially good for conditioning programs leading up to events.

showmom07
Oct. 15, 2006, 09:02 AM
well, ive been lighting candles for Debbie--

sending good thoughts and heartfelt hopes for her.

Under what name are you lighting candles so we can be a Group and combine our good wishes and hopes for Debbie.

pcwertb
Oct. 16, 2006, 01:53 PM
I have a book I would like to send her. It is written by a former Shepherd patient who was injured in Alabama and did his rehab there. He still has partial paralysis but is now running for county commissioner! He also used to sit on the board for Shepherd House. Anyone have an address to send this to her, or should I just send it to Shepherd, to her attn?

canyonoak
Oct. 16, 2006, 11:19 PM
<<Under what name are you lighting candles so we can be a Group and combine our good wishes and hopes for Debbie.>>

Well, you can pick a name for a Group--I wasn't sure if there was already a group effort going, so have just been lighting candles whenever I remember.

jingles jingles jingles--and now candles-- for Debbie Atkinson!

showmom07
Oct. 18, 2006, 07:01 AM
Just lit a candle under the name of DebA. Maybe we can get a group together.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng

AstonMartin
Oct. 18, 2006, 07:48 AM
Lit one under DebA also!

My prayers remain with this wonderful horsewoman

Monstrpony - your story was such a nice tribute!

3dazey
Oct. 18, 2006, 08:25 AM
Debbie is scheduled to travel to Atlanta today, arriving around noon. Please light a candle for her, say a prayer for her trip, or just think of her. She's onto the next stage of this journey.

We love you, Deb. Stay strong!

monstrpony
Oct. 18, 2006, 09:46 AM
Thinking of you, Debbie--

pawsplus
Oct. 18, 2006, 04:15 PM
Good luck on your trip, Debbie! Virtual nickers to you from Peregrine!

Elizabeth

eks
Oct. 18, 2006, 04:20 PM
Thinking of you Debbie...

showmom07
Oct. 19, 2006, 07:47 AM
Lighting more candles. Here is the url for the group:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=deba

gillenwaterfarm
Oct. 19, 2006, 07:58 AM
Continued prayers for Debbie as she travels to Atlanta. May your trip be smooth and fast.

Catalina
Oct. 19, 2006, 08:16 AM
I am late to this thread and I don't know Debbie, but I hope for the best for her; she sounds like a wonderful person. I fractured c5 and c6 in a fall from a horse and I was lucky that there was no spinal cord involvement, but it so easily could have been worse. I feel for Debbie and I am lighting candles for her and hoping for her recovery.

SR Rider
Oct. 20, 2006, 08:06 AM
Debbie, I hope you are settled in Atlanta. I am sure the trip was tiring; I hope you got to see some of the beautiful fall scenery. Have you noticed there have been over 28,000 visits to your site! Wow, can you feel the love and concern? Good luck at Shepherd; I am sure your positive attitude will inspire others there. God bless you and your family.

pawsplus
Oct. 20, 2006, 11:56 AM
Have you noticed there have been over 28,000 visits to your site!
What site? I didn't know she had one. ???

showmom07
Oct. 21, 2006, 07:00 AM
50 candles lit. Lots of jingles for Debbie
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...?l=eng&gi=deba

Sannois
Oct. 21, 2006, 06:30 PM
50 candles lit. Lots of jingles for Debbie
For debbie! And Praying for her recovery! The candles are such a nice idea!

:yes:

cuagin2
Oct. 22, 2006, 11:09 PM
Debbie made the trip to Shepherd Spinal Center in Atlanta, Ga. Wed. Oct. 18th. The fog delayed her flight, but she eventually arrived in a warm but muggy Atlanta. She was welcomed by the Shepherd staff, admitted into ICU and had a long day of meeting all the doctors,nurses, and therapists that are overseeing her rehab. The next day she was moved to her room and told she could have anything on the menu she wanted to eat. She has been fitted for a wheel chair and is spending time each day sitting up.

She is really proud of Pantera and Cathy in a fabulous finish at the Team Challenge CCI*.

She would like to thank everyone for their continued prayers, wishes, and generosity.

A carepage has been set up so everyone can read updates on Debbie's condition and you can post messages to her. To access the care page:
www.carepages.com/shepherd

Debbie's carepage name is DebbieAtkinsonatShepherd.

Sannois
Oct. 23, 2006, 07:22 AM
Glad she is settled into a great place!
Hey Folks go light more candles, they are going out!!!

pawsplus
Oct. 23, 2006, 11:21 AM
That Carepages site is great! I got signed up and left a message. :) Thanks for the info!

cuagin2
Oct. 23, 2006, 10:54 PM
This is from Mindy.... You can email Debbie by accessing The Shepherd Center Website...click on "About Shepherd". How to contact a patient...then scroll down to send email.

I saw Debbie today. Her days are long. She is still getting use to a new regimine. But like all things it takes some time to get use to. Email her, she loves email. Her new address is:

Debbie Atkinson
Shepherd Center
2020 Peachtree Road, NW
Atlanta, Ga. 30309

pawsplus
Oct. 24, 2006, 11:17 AM
Mindy -- Thanks for posting that. I sent an e-mail. :)

Do you know what would be good to send her? I.e., a care package? I don't know what she could use, what would cheer her up. . . Would they let her have horse bedsheets? Can she have chocolate? Any ideas??? I'd love to send her a package, but just want it to be stuff she'd enjoy and could use.

Thanks . . .

Gunnar
Oct. 24, 2006, 05:09 PM
I lit a some candles for Debbie. Debbie you are in my thoughts and I really hope you are doing OK!:sadsmile:

eponacowgirl
Oct. 26, 2006, 12:54 AM
Gettin' a little low down here... a bump with more jingles!

Mudroom2
Oct. 26, 2006, 10:40 AM
Mindy --
Do you know what would be good to send her? I.e., a care package? I don't know what she could use, what would cheer her up. . .

Mindy: Please do let us know. Would it help her days if we helped her collect a library of DVD's?

pawsplus
Oct. 26, 2006, 01:59 PM
I just sent her a bunch of stuff, so no one duplicate me!

Lost (season 1)
Pride and Prejudice (BBC)
Flambards

also a few books on CD: Under Orders (Dick Francis) and All Creatures Great and Small

Angela Freda
Oct. 26, 2006, 03:03 PM
Great Idea Paws
Does anyone know if a nice pair of horsey jammies/sweats would be useful?
Or give us other ideas of what to send!

LessIsMore17
Oct. 26, 2006, 04:00 PM
Mindy!!!

I just want to say that you are an unbelievable friend as I know you dropped everything to be by her side when her accident happened.:sadsmile: Not everyone would have had the loyalty and courage to be with her as you were. That shows so much strength in your character as a person and I feel lucky to have a friend like you.

Carol Ames
Oct. 26, 2006, 05:37 PM
If any of you have event videos of yourselves /others , and she has access to a VCR, playing them for her, and visiting her to talk about them;there would help everyone involved. Has she been able to her animals and , put her hands on them?

sidepasser
Oct. 26, 2006, 08:09 PM
y'all the candle dept. is getting low, so bumpity bump!

Angela Freda
Oct. 26, 2006, 10:55 PM
Would she want videos of people riding, and all that?

Someone on TOB mentioned geting her a subscription to netflix or something like that... if we all chipped in we could do that and she could pick out things she wants to see, or likes and get them as regularly as she needs?

pawsplus
Oct. 27, 2006, 10:29 AM
Has she been able to her animals and , put her hands on them?
She can't feel, Carol. Nothing below the neck . . . :-( I doubt she's been able to see them at all, since she's been in hospitals, is on a ventilator, etc. She'd probably love to see videos of her students doing well, though!

showmom07
Oct. 27, 2006, 10:54 AM
I remember reading in Julie Crone's autobiography that when she was hospitalized after she broke her back, that she had her friends bring in the brushes used on her horses so that she could smell their aroma because she missed it so much.

Might be an idea.

showmom07
Oct. 29, 2006, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=showmom07;1943971]50 candles lit. Lots of jingles for Debbie
QUOTE]

Candles are getting low. Relighting some

sidepasser
Oct. 29, 2006, 01:43 PM
Maybe a video of her animals as well as her students? I bet she probably misses them terribly. I miss my horses if I am away more than a couple of days..and here she is away for such a long time from her "animal family".

SR Rider
Nov. 1, 2006, 08:06 PM
I went on youtube.com and entered horses and jumping as subject searches and was entertained by that one evening...might be something someone can do for her if she has access to a computer in her room.

Debbie, I hope you know that you are thought of often; prayed for daily.

Here's a halloween story for you Debbie....I had one trick or treater last night (a client's daughter) and my little dog bit her (didn't break any skin just scared the little goblin) guess I won't have any trick or treaters next year. might have to find a new client too ha ha

mbj
Nov. 2, 2006, 03:36 AM
Jingling for you, Debbie, and holding you in the Light.

showmom07
Nov. 2, 2006, 06:50 AM
Candles were down to 7. Now up to 16. Still very low.

Thoughts and prayers for Debbie's rehab.

eks
Nov. 2, 2006, 07:50 AM
just lit a candle...Debbie, we are thinking of you

shea'smom
Nov. 2, 2006, 08:05 AM
Well, I can't figure out the candle thing, so will have to stick with Jingles!

Flower's Girl
Nov. 2, 2006, 12:54 PM
Well, I can't figure out the candle thing, so will have to stick with Jingles!

you click on a candle that is not lit, then follow the directions... put DebA as the group to associate with.

onthebit
Nov. 2, 2006, 01:02 PM
I just lit a candle under deba.

We are all still thinking about you.

shea'smom
Nov. 2, 2006, 08:51 PM
Got it!
Thanks.

sidepasser
Nov. 5, 2006, 06:59 PM
Anyone got any news about Debbie? bumping up so as to here how she is doing now that she has been moved to hot lanta's Shepherd Center.

Thanks

SR Rider
Nov. 5, 2006, 07:27 PM
I had a very dear friend who battled cancer and these are things she appreciated when sick:

time spent with friends and loved ones
people treating her like they always treated her
the taste of good food
anything that smelled good
anything that made her feel feminine
humor
movies
good books (books on tape)
colors (hospitals aren't known for having lots of color)
her mail
surprises on her doorstep
encouragement
prayers

the holidays are approaching with particularly challenging moments for Debbie, friends, and family
God bless them

cuagin2
Nov. 7, 2006, 12:05 AM
:) Hi all, Debbie is doing great!! She is really working hard. Her therapy involves her moving around the Shepherd Center in her wheelchair. Working with speech therapist's. occupational therapist's and physical therapist's. She still relies on the ventilator. This past weekend she had several visitors from Nashville, Atlanta, and Augusta. She is reading her emails, so keep them coming. You can email her through the Shepherd Spinal Center Website.

Many people are asking what Debbie would like. Well, I was with her this evening and we were reading this board. She immediately said, send funds to help Pantera. There is a fund set up through the American Horse Trials Foundation for Pantera. This will help Cathy Wieschoff continue competing him. So there you have it, if you'd like to do something for Debbie, help keep her horse competing.

She thanks everyone for the jingles, candles, and well wishes.

Mindy

annikak
Nov. 7, 2006, 07:54 AM
Hi Debbie!

Thanks, Mindy, for the updates! :)

Debbie, you are very much in our thoughts, jingling for you as you enter the next phase of your recovery. Give everyone hell, and keep at it!

Jingles from MI!

sidepasser
Nov. 8, 2006, 04:16 PM
Debbie,

Great to hear that therapy is on going and you are reading the board and keeping up with the brags, silliness, whines, and vents that are posted for your reading entertainment. Us horse folks are good for a laugh now and then and we are rooting for you and wishing you well!

take care,
Sidepasser

3dazey
Nov. 8, 2006, 06:05 PM
I was one of the lucky and happy visitors with Debbie this past weekend. What struck me the most is that she is still Deb, completely, absolutely, she's Deb. She has been through hell and back and is enduring things I can't even guess at or imagine, but all she wants is to talk about her friends and horses and all the things she has always loved. She even could smile at our terrible jokes.

Please, if you are at an event where Cathy is competing Pantera, could you take some pictures and send them on? Debbie would be over the moon, and a video would be beyond awesome. She has some beautiful pictures of Cathy competing him at Radnor and some xc schooling shots, but I know more would be so welcome. Also, Pantera will be in Ocala with Cathy over the winter, so if any of you see him there, give him a kiss and a cookie (with permission, of course!) and tell him his mom loves him and is following his career very closely.

I am in awe of our friend, but we always knew she was something so special.

showmom07
Nov. 11, 2006, 02:07 PM
So great to hear Debbie is doing as well as, no, better than, can be expected. More prayers sent her way.

eventer15
Nov. 11, 2006, 02:15 PM
It is great that she is doing well, she is still in our prayers

Carol Ames
Nov. 11, 2006, 11:12 PM
Ok, I've been round,and round this thread,:eek: and still wonder wht her condition is currently, anyone know?:confused:

showmom07
Nov. 14, 2006, 09:46 AM
Ok, I've been round,and round this thread,:eek: and still wonder wht her condition is currently, anyone know?:confused:

Posts #224 and #226 are the most recent updates.

Just lit more candles.

onthebit
Nov. 14, 2006, 04:47 PM
I just lit another candle for Debbie. We are still thinking about you!

monstrpony
Nov. 15, 2006, 09:39 AM
Can I safely assume that the American Horse Trials Foundation is still taking contributions that can be earmarked for Debbie? My equestrian club is doing a bake sale today and tomorrow which will count as a service project if the proceeds go toward a recognized donation. Last year, we did animal relief for Katrina, this year I suggested helping Debbie and/or Pantera.

CookiePony
Nov. 15, 2006, 09:56 AM
Can I safely assume that the American Horse Trials Foundation is still taking contributions that can be earmarked for Debbie? My equestrian club is doing a bake sale today and tomorrow which will count as a service project if the proceeds go toward a recognized donation. Last year, we did animal relief for Katrina, this year I suggested helping Debbie and/or Pantera.

Great idea, monstrpony!

Here is the info on helping Cathy with Pantera, through the AHTF:
http://www.useventing.com/start.php?id=553

Debbie, we're still thinking about you a lot here in Nashville! Banks and I are going to the SRPC schooling combined test this coming weekend.

nc_eventer
Nov. 16, 2006, 01:06 PM
Hi Debbie!
Keep up the good work! So many people are praying for you and wishing you well. I hope you can feel it!
Lisa

mtnmomma
Nov. 19, 2006, 07:52 PM
I met Pantera at the Team Challenge event at the Ky,HP He was awesome. Had the look of the eagles and accepted the attention of his admirers in a very regal manner. So lets help Debbie by supporting Pantera in his career. The American Horse Trial Foundation is accepting donations. Please do not specify on the check what it is for. Just enclose a note saying it is for Pantera. If everyone who has posted so far gave 50.00 there would be over 12,000 to help Pantera out. Just think what this would mean to Debbie!

showmom07
Nov. 20, 2006, 07:14 AM
Remember, the candles only last for 48 hours, just lit a few.
Keeping Debbie in our thoughts and prayers.

FoxChaser
Nov. 21, 2006, 10:50 AM
Someone may have already posted this link, but if not you all should really read "Cathy's Corner" at Cathy Weischhoff's website: http://www.cwevent.com/ to read about her ride on Pantera at MSEDA Team Challenge CCI*. Go Pantera!!! :D

showmom07
Nov. 25, 2006, 10:09 AM
Continuing prayers and encouragement for Debbie.

DocNDabby
Nov. 25, 2006, 11:52 AM
I'm stilllllll jingling for Debbie. Would love to know how she's doing?

3dazey
Nov. 27, 2006, 12:40 PM
The little bird that occasionally peeps in my ear told me Debbie has had a couple of minor "tweaks" lately (I hesitate to say setbacks, because that upsets people and makes them think bad thoughts!) that have slowed her progress.

Prior to this, she was very mobile in her chair outfitted with the tube that allows her to move about using various breathing methods. You can imagine the temporary loss of this new freedom would cause some frustration, but she should get back up to speed soon.

Keep the cards & emails coming! They are a lifeline to her world and she enjoys hearing about everyone; the people, the horses & the dogs!

showmom07
Nov. 29, 2006, 06:52 AM
Lighting more candles for Debbie's recovery

J. Turner
Nov. 29, 2006, 07:32 AM
I saw Deb today, she was so excited to see me and beamed and "mouthed" how glad she was that I'd come . Her eyes are bright, she smiles, crackes jokes, mugs, and manages to communicate quite well. My feelings about her survival are much stronger, because I see the spirit and grit of the Deb I know. We delivered a bundle of cards and letters, which will be read as she has the time and energy to hear them. They had just sedated her when I arrived, and she fought the drowsiness long enough to ask some questions, make jokes, and laughed when I told her a story about my horse. There were some wonderful posters on her wall already, that students had made up for her, pictures of friends and horses. I told her "You know, you look remarkably good, considering" (and old joke) and she grinned and laughed.

Don't give up on Debbie Atkinson, she is a trooper and a survivor. She's never been a quitter in her whole life. Her life is changed, but her spirit may carry her to a new avenue, if she chooses to go that direction, and we can pray that her outcome will be better than expected.

She knows you all pray and "jingle" for her, and she knows how much she is loved.

Melissa, nice to hear from you. Hope "Baby Skippy" is well, too!
Juni

If she's going to be ventilated long term, are they going to trach her? The bonus of this is that she can be fitted with a Passy Muir valve which will allow her to talk. There is also long term tissue damage from extended intubation. I hope that they will be able to get her off the vent soon (I haven't read all the posts yet). That will be big. Is she breathing over the vent?

It would be great if she had an iPod with video so she could listen to music, they have books "on tape", and obviously video. There are all sorts of speaker adapters so you don't have to use headphones and make even plug into tv for video but I'm not sure. This might be a great gift for the Xmas holidays.

My thoughts, jingles, and prayers are with Debbie.

showmom07
Dec. 2, 2006, 07:58 AM

Irish Momma
Dec. 7, 2006, 06:51 AM
Thinking of Debbie- any updates?

sidepasser
Dec. 9, 2006, 09:04 AM
Any updates? Was wondering how Debbie is doing?
thanks

CookiePony
Dec. 10, 2006, 11:21 PM
I think that Debbie's condition hasn't changed much but I heard last night that she's doing as well as can be expected at Shepherd.

Please don't forget her this holiday season if you are sending out cards. :)

The address (is posted above but I'll repost it here for convenience):

Debbie Atkinson
Shepherd Center
2020 Peachtree Road, NW
Atlanta, Ga. 30309

fivecats
Dec. 13, 2006, 03:47 PM
A website has been posted for updates from Debbie and has information on ways to help Debbie. Please take a look
http://www.usea3.org/Debbie-Atkinson/index.html (http://www.usea3.org/Debbie-Atkinson/index.html) . Your input/comments regarding the website can be sent to mail@usea3.org.

SR Rider
Dec. 18, 2006, 09:34 PM
I THOUGHT OF DEBBIE TODAY; I HAD TO GIVE UP RIDING THIS YEAR AFTER AN ACCIDENT. I WAS DRIVING DOWN A ROAD AND SAW TWO HORSES AT THE FENCELINE. I STOPPED THE CAR AND WHEN I WAS MET WITH FRIENDLY NICKERS I BURIED MY NOSE IN THE HORSES NECK AND TOOK A WELCOMED WHIFF OF HORSEY SMELL...THEN I TOOK ANOTHER ONE FOR DEBBIE.

showmom07
Dec. 31, 2006, 09:25 AM
Here's wishing Debbie a wonderful New Year in which she makes much progress on her rehab.

BarbB
Dec. 31, 2006, 09:01 PM
You don't know us but we are thinking of you.

Happy New Year
from Barb and Scotty