PDA

View Full Version : Suzy has been found. She is being held ransom by the diabolical sinister e

clanter
Jul. 11, 2006, 10:33 AM
Suzy has been found.

She is to be released Wednesday July 12, 2006....

tewhann
Jul. 11, 2006, 10:44 AM
Yes, there IS a way to help save Suzy! I've done it before and I'll do it again!

I'm betting on an evening return. Suzy always has been fond of the night....

SarMoniet
Jul. 11, 2006, 10:56 AM
Seriously, clanter -- We know you love to be the author of a bazillion threads on the UDBB. But here could you please just keep all of the info contained in your refugee thread? We don't need a bazillion UDBB threads on COTH. This was totally unnecessary. Everyone who cares about the state of the UDBB is following the other thread.

Stop doing Mark's dirty work and peddling for cash on other boards. That's just rude. And wrong. If he needs the cash so badly let him ask for it once he gets his own board back up and running (if that ever happens).

clanter
Jul. 11, 2006, 11:08 AM
I thought you would be glade to have us move on? If it is undesirable then please remove this thread. We will understand.

Rather than bury this into a thread that was all over the place it was thought by myself to be better to drop a note that was out in the open rather a deceptive under the cover request of assistance.

Oh and actually no there has not been a request for dollars to Suzy but there has been a lot of time spent on her recovery and the expense is there.

tewhann
Jul. 11, 2006, 11:08 AM
I didn't know that you were a moderator for this forum

mr_miamis_mom
Jul. 11, 2006, 11:15 AM
Why is clanter being blamed for this thread? Does this mean I can blame him for stuff too? And Tewhann, how diabolical that you shifted the blame for this thread to clanter!

IF the moderator wants to kill this thread so be it, but the other deteriorated into such an anti/pro RK and ODG argument I left it alone. Was kinda glad to see a clean slate.

SarMoniet
Jul. 11, 2006, 11:15 AM
One doesn't have to be a moderator to state how absolutely tacky it is to be begging for money for another (defunct) board while taking up temporary residence here. If money is needed it can be requested once you're all back home.

Let Mark ask for his own money. Oh wait. He can't come here. He's been banned.

Tiligsmom
Jul. 11, 2006, 11:16 AM
Sar, you make me laugh :)! You and I have both seen this cycle of "Suzy" being up and down and then the appeal for money and sympathy ...Ugh!

I'm thankful to have the COTH!

Good to see you posting here...I've missed you since you left TOB!

Karen

knz66
Jul. 11, 2006, 11:18 AM
Poor Clanter, he wasnt around for Suzy's past falls from grace. He missed the tounge lashing Mark gave to those who posted here about their UDBB addictions so he has no clue.

Basically Clanter, he hates it when he's down & out and people are whining about it yet puffs up his chest and states "he dont need no stinkin help" in the next post about how much the UDBB costs him in time and money.

Its kinda like getting a man to ask for directions.

cuatx
Jul. 11, 2006, 11:20 AM
SarMoniet, I am a "refugee". I am a relative newcomer to UDBB but still heard/read how people missed you. Since UDBB was down, I came over here. I immediately began exploring and have found this site to be informative and very helpful. I think there's snarkiness here but not any worse than what I've seen at UDBB. I generally just try to stay away from it all.

I too appreciate the welcome we have received. However I think there are more than a few converts as well as some admissions of dual users. Being nasty here was really not necessary. Mark is not asking for money. We are volunteering to donate. Clanter was merely letting us know that if we wanted to we could.

The other thread is becoming very difficult to manage and follow and has spun off on several different tangents. Some having nothing to do whatsoever with the UDBB. What was the harm, really, of one more abbreviated thread?

And Clanter is a really, really likeable, all around good guy. He doesn't try to run up posts purposely. He just has lots of interesting things to say. No need to bash him. You'd really enjoy his humor, help and odd bits of information!

Just bear with us for a little longer and most of us will be out your hair. Of course, some of us plan on coming back and participating on this board now. So your stuck with some of us! :)

partita
Jul. 11, 2006, 11:26 AM
Mean people suck.:(
We'll clear out of your board soon, and we'll be sure to take Clanter with us. You could just not read any threads that have to do with UDBB and avoid getting all :mad: you know. Sorry we were a bother to you.

cuatx
Jul. 11, 2006, 11:29 AM
SarMoniet, I am a "refugee". I am a relative newcomer to UDBB but still heard/read how people missed you. Since UDBB was down, I came over here. I immediately began exploring and have found this site to be informative and very helpful. I think there's snarkiness here but not any worse than what I've seen at UDBB. I generally just try to stay away from it all.

I too appreciate the welcome we have received. However I think there are more than a few converts as well as some admissions of dual users. Being nasty here was really not necessary. Mark is not asking for money. We are volunteering to donate. Clanter was merely letting us know that if we wanted to we could.

The other thread is becoming very difficult to manage and follow and has spun off on several different tangents. Some having nothing to do whatsoever with the UDBB. What was the harm, really, of one more abbreviated thread?

And Clanter is a really, really likeable, all around good guy. He doesn't try to run up posts purposely. He just has lots of interesting things to say. No need to bash him. You'd really enjoy his humor, help and odd bits of information!

Just bear with us for a little longer and most of us will be out your hair. Of course, some of us plan on coming back and participating on this board now. So you're stuck with some of us! :)

bjrudq
Jul. 11, 2006, 11:31 AM
gee, sar-if you don't like udbb or udbbers why do you even open these threads??

(btw, i miss ya too...you were a lot of fun!)

Horsedances
Jul. 11, 2006, 11:35 AM
Seriously, clanter -- We know you love to be the author of a bazillion threads on the UDBB. But here could you please just keep all of the info contained in your refugee thread? We don't need a bazillion UDBB threads on COTH. This was totally unnecessary. Everyone who cares about the state of the UDBB is following the other thread.

Stop doing Mark's dirty work and peddling for cash on other boards. That's just rude. And wrong. If he needs the cash so badly let him ask for it once he gets his own board back up and running (if that ever happens).

Very good post SarMoniet.

Mark can pay these costs very easily from the commission he recieves from Amazone :cool: :cool: ;) :yes: :confused:

mzpeepers
Jul. 11, 2006, 11:35 AM
Man! You guys....could you just make it a little clearer that some of you don't care about UDBB? Because I don't think you're being snarky and pretentious enough......these people might not get the full message and actually even do the unthinkable like...ohh...you know....log onto COTH once in a while? God forbid! :eek:

SarMoniet
Jul. 11, 2006, 11:40 AM
BJ -- I don't really have a problem with the UDBB or the refugees. I have a problem with the UDBB's owner. And the UDBB's owner sending clanter to do his dirty work. This is not the place to be asking for money. Quite frankly, I don't think he should EVER be asking for money. That is his business. Mark makes money off that server and all of his web dealings/advertising/etc. He's said it before.

I always *love* the "I don't need your money -- but if you REALLY want to send it, here's my PayPal address," line that he always gives after one of these messes. It's just a load of BS if you ask me.

But hey, it's your money. Send it if it makes you feel good. It won't save your ass down the line, though, know that much. You think I never contributed to that damn board? Guess again. Fat lot of good it did me. At least that was back in the days pre-advertising -- So hopefully my money at least went into the board and not to pad Mark's wallet.

clanter
Jul. 11, 2006, 11:46 AM
do you guys burn crosses too?

Could get one of those driftwood horse sculptures and burn it Mark’s front yard that sure would do a job on him

cuatx
Jul. 11, 2006, 11:53 AM

That one was beneath you!

This whole thing is beginning to remind me of West Side Story......"There's gonna be a rumble tonight!" :D

m&m
Jul. 11, 2006, 12:07 PM
COTH has very graciously hosted us refugees.

Most of the COTH'ers seem great and would encourage one to consider cruising two horse boards.

Clanter is funny and warm and intelligent and is enjoyed by many.

Many of the banned people at UDBB are missed.

If one doesn't like us UDBB'ers, one has a mouse which one can use to scroll past our threads.

Some of the banned UDBB people have made comments on "our" threads that might cause one to suspect that their banning may not have been one sided.

I doubt that Clanter is wimpy enough to be "sent" to do anyone's dirty work.

Is Mark perfect? No. Is Erin perfect? I don't know - I haven't been here long enough. Is she gracious and kind to let us park here? Yes. Is she looking forward to us going home? Probably, since we seem to inspire some snarkiness here.

May I suggest that if someone doesn't like us, they just walk away and start their own thread, We'll go home when home is ready, and many of us will continue to visit here if we don't get run off the road.

Horsedances
Jul. 11, 2006, 12:17 PM
I really mis GigiNutter, one of the few on UDBB who has an open mind, and always want to hear both sides of the story.

However today Gigi send me a picture.

www.horsedances.net/UDBBBossHoss.jpg (http://www.horsedances.net/UDBBBossHoss.jpg)

Please take in consideration that the interpretation of this picture
"Mark and his dedicated followers" can only be blamed on me !!

Theo

knz66
Jul. 11, 2006, 12:22 PM
That has to be one of the best pictures I have seen in a long time Theo! Thank you for making my day.

Its funny how the tide coming and going of new members erases things now isnt it? He's got a whole new set of followers drinking the kool-aide.

tewhann
Jul. 11, 2006, 12:24 PM
I am very grateful to Mark for picking up the BB after USDF shut down in Y2K.

I am also grateful to Erin and the others here for allowing us to come and play.

Most people are. There are always a few who apparently are frustrated in their own lives or are just nasty people who just can't keep their personal attacks to themselves.

Lets not let those ruin it for the rest of us.

afrikando
Jul. 11, 2006, 12:25 PM

ugh. your analogy is insulting. i'm as inconoclastic as the next guy but really...

Dressage_Rider
Jul. 11, 2006, 12:37 PM
BTW. There are plenty of websites that offer FREE forums and boards. The best one is www.proboards.com. Personally I think if you choose to host a board on your OWN server it's YOUR problem. Asking for money from your board members is just rude. If Mark doesn't know how to fix the server leave it up to professionals, which btw is what I do for living. Also if your server gets old or crashes it’s not your member’s problem. And if you want your forum to be stable than get some redundancy and work on problems without loosing your members. I bet there are going to be plenty of people that won’t come back because of not being able to log in. If you make money off of the forum than it’s only smart to get redundant hardware and find yourself knowledgeable person to fix your problems or you will spend useless time trying to fix something you know nothing or very little about. This is just my two cents.

sugar208
Jul. 11, 2006, 12:46 PM
Its funny how the tide coming and going of new members erases things now isnt it? He's got a whole new set of followers drinking the kool-aide.

Nope, more likely drinking Saddlebred Martinis or Margarita's.

tewhann
Jul. 11, 2006, 12:50 PM
Do you have any idea how big the UDBB is???

Do you think Mark runs it off his own server for the FUN of it? For the JOY of getting to maintain a huge server out of his OWN POCKET?????

Geesh. If you don't like it, don't go. But why the need to be so critical?????

clanter
Jul. 11, 2006, 12:52 PM
oh well

partita
Jul. 11, 2006, 12:57 PM
Well here's how I see it. After the UDBB is up and running again, some will go and some will stay. Me, I think I've doubled my post count here in the last week. No doubt it will trickle down again. I enjoy the lighthearted humor that goes back and forth between some posters. I try and ignore the negative posters and the nasties on both boards. I try to focus on the positive. I enjoy my horses and dressage way too much to be nasty.

After all is said and done, Clanter will still be the same happy, content, successful, postive, helpful, funny kind of guy that he is. Others will still have their noses out of joint for the same reasons they were out of joint before. Hopefully someday they too will become "happy people". Maybe that will be the next FEI rule. Happy riders on happy horses. ;)

Any bets that rooster kicks the board off the bank once he gets to the other side? Any rooster worth his feathers would send his flock on ahead of him wouldn't he? :lol:

sugar208
Jul. 11, 2006, 01:06 PM
I am having flashbacks of high school. Considering that was eons ago that is not easy to do. Kind of like walking into your hometown rivals' school. Some of the kids will happily wlcome you and show you around and others would rather just beat you down so you go back to your own side of the tracks.

That said, clanter, you must just be swimming in obscure news bits that you are just itching to share.

clanter
Jul. 11, 2006, 01:13 PM
I am having flashbacks of high school. Considering that was eons ago that is not easy to do. Kind of like walking into your hometown rivals' school. Some of the kids will happily wlcome you and show you around and others would rather just beat you down so you go back to your own side of the tracks.

That said, clanter, you must just be swimming in obscure news bits that you are just itching to share.

yes... a bunch

Dressage_Rider
Jul. 11, 2006, 01:15 PM

Do you think Mark runs it off his own server for the FUN of it? For the JOY of getting to maintain a huge server out of his OWN POCKET?????

If he doesn't like it and doesn't want to spend the money than WHY DOES HE DO IT? Makes no sense to me at all. My husband wanted me to host his servers and because I DO NOT LIKE IT I told him to host it with ISP but that's his BUSINESS not a Forum. Plus NO one that is not an ISP should be hosting their own servers unless they know what they are doing and they have a dedicated line.

sugar208
Jul. 11, 2006, 01:15 PM
Any bets that rooster kicks the board off the bank once he gets to the other side? Any rooster worth his feathers would send his flock on ahead of him wouldn't he? :lol:

Now that makes a funny visual.:lol:

bjrudq
Jul. 11, 2006, 01:41 PM
mark hasn't asked anyone for money, ever.

and clanter is no one's errrand boy.

tewhann
Jul. 11, 2006, 03:12 PM
BJ is right. Mark has NEVER, EVER asked for money.

Some of us with deep appreciation for what he does may want to offer it.

What's the problem with that????

Anyway, like I said, you don't like it, don't go. That's the beauty of CHOICES!!

Aimee Thanatogenus
Jul. 11, 2006, 03:31 PM
I think Clanter is joking.
His jokes are not that obscure.
No chickens here, Theo, we are just chillin' for a while.
Laughing a little, etc.

Funny, still hold all that resentment, there is just no point, I recall boasting about getting fake names to go back onto UDBB. God alone knows why. Move on. Who cares. Moderation is moderation. yawn. Some folks get toooooooo involved in a board. It's just a place to chat, learn, meet, laugh, share, etc.

Hope you've healed and finally are back on your big black draft cross.
It sucks getting bucked off. My tip: lean back and breath. Works in aaaaaalll aspects of life!

Thanks for the laugh Clanter. :lol: :lol:

Mike Matson
Jul. 11, 2006, 04:26 PM
Anybody notice Sar's web site shows UDBB on her favorite web sites list!?

SarMoniet
Jul. 11, 2006, 04:30 PM
Mike, that page is older than old. The AOL web software changed and I can't get it to work on my computer. Notice, too, that the show results are still from 2004? Yes, that's how long it's been since I've been able to do anything with that web page. And your point is? The page will exist until I delete my screen name.

So maybe I should change my link. Oh well. Sue me.

And when did I say that I hate the UDBB? I've said repeatedly that I enjoy many of the people who post there. I still consider many to be "friends." I just don't like the owner. Is that not allowed?

Karoline
Jul. 11, 2006, 04:44 PM
Funny Horsedance, I thought the caption on your photo said something like Auke, so of course I thought it was the brave and flashy Anky leading the way, with all the flock of eagerly hens eagerly lining up to follow up, on this "narrow" but all so rewarding path.

Clanter completely "got" the cross/horse sculpture bonfire thing. It certainly feel like UDB is that much hated by some.

And Sarmoniet, you are allowed to be as much of an hypocrite as you wish. Having read your posts about Mark at a time when you were "friends" I wonder what more you could say now that you dont like him anymore..my guess is not much more.

egontoast
Jul. 11, 2006, 05:32 PM
Wow, Karoline, do you ever listen to yourself? And to think that you believe some of us were banned for our bad dispositions while someone who spews as much nastiness as you do is welcome there.

To those who displayed some charm, welcome, and hope you visit often.

Thank you as well to our hands off non control freak moderators.

carolprudm
Jul. 11, 2006, 06:13 PM

Mee too Mee too
Did you hear.......?

merrygoround
Jul. 11, 2006, 06:24 PM
There is too much sand flying in here!!!!

Play nice or your guests will have to go home.

hototrot
Jul. 11, 2006, 06:45 PM

So true-- and when I read this all I could think of was the Pink Ladies from grease! I think we should start the Pink Ladies! :winkgrin: :winkgrin:

And it's rather a sad thing to mis-judge Clanter. He's really quite a chap!

sugar208
Jul. 11, 2006, 06:54 PM
So true-- and when I read this all I could think of was the Pink Ladies from grease! I think we should start the Pink Ladies! :winkgrin: :winkgrin:

And it's rather a sad thing to mis-judge Clanter. He's really quite a chap!

Dog gone you. Now I have that stupid "Beauty School Dropout" song in my head.:mad:

egontoast
Jul. 11, 2006, 07:19 PM
I have a question for the reasonable people, like clanter. Are you even the tiniest bit irritated by some of your compatriots or do you feel they are all stellar examples of the human race?

Beau_Cheval_Rouge
Jul. 11, 2006, 07:21 PM

Sar I've never really had a problem with you, but I think what you said was just down right rude. I'm sure you'd help Erin out anyway possible if COTH was in trouble... don't hold such a grudge.

bjrudq
Jul. 11, 2006, 07:22 PM
the exact same question could be posed to the cothers!

both boards have their "personalities," shall we say?

egontoast
Jul. 11, 2006, 07:27 PM
Ok, true, nez, but I have a better idea here about who is whom and whatr is what. Just curious, that's all.

Beau_Cheval_Rouge
Jul. 11, 2006, 07:32 PM

Some people just get off the on the misery/failure of others, tewhann. It takes too much energy to get upset over it, but damn I do love this ignore button Erin has provided!! :D

I do appreciate Erin letting us park here for a bit, however, the bitchiness of some of her members could be toned down. I guess the inner child in people rears its head more than one would expect...

Again, thank you Erin for your hospitality.

clanter
Jul. 11, 2006, 07:37 PM
I have a question for the reasonable people, like clanter. Are you even the tiniest bit irritated by some of your compatriots or do you feel they are all stellar examples of the human race?

there is not anything that I can say that would make you happy

zinnniaz
Jul. 11, 2006, 07:40 PM

I'm going to pretend I am one of the reasonable people. :D I am irritated by some of the posts on UDBB and on COTH. I am irritated by some of the people in my local horse community. I like being a part of these communities anyway. The good outweighs the bad.... Don't you find that true here as well?

bjrudq
Jul. 11, 2006, 07:48 PM

clanter
Jul. 11, 2006, 07:52 PM

I guess being a “Personalities” is an up grade from “Mascot “… I think

BarbB
Jul. 11, 2006, 08:00 PM

Actually he runs it because he didn't care for the way the (now defunct) USDF bb or the USCTA bb were run and did not get along with some (lots) of the regular posters on those boards. When USDF was down more than it was up and USCTA was making Jo pull her hair out.....COTH got started and Ultimate Dressage got started and people from the other two boards tended to settle on one or the other or both. (The majority of those of us who got banned from UDBB and didn't want to listen to the boogers 24 hours a day are here.)
Mark wanted to have a board that ran the way he thought it should, including screening membership....so he built one. Kudos to him, it's a nice board. But it was not an act of charity, people kept telling him to go get his own board if he wanted to run one....so he did. :winkgrin:

sugar208
Jul. 11, 2006, 08:03 PM
I guess being a “Personalities” is an up grade from “Mascot “… I think

You know you will always be OUR mascot. Remember, mascots are usually more loved and cared for then the personalities they represent.:D

BarbB
Jul. 11, 2006, 08:10 PM

Amen!

JZW
Jul. 11, 2006, 09:15 PM
This is so sad....

i am disgusted with computers and what they do to people. I thought it was with all of the other stuff out there, but I guess it is with riding too. No more for me.

Jmc
Jul. 11, 2006, 09:40 PM
This is so sad....

i am disgusted with computers and what they do to people. I thought it was with all of the other stuff out there, but I guess it is with riding too. No more for me.

Don't be sad...think of it like herd dynamics.

Throw a couple of established herds together and watch the mares position themselves and their herds! Add a couple happy go lucky geldings (one imported , one home bred morgan) and there ya go!

At the end of the day...they are just words.

Aylah
Jul. 12, 2006, 12:14 AM
Sarmoneit...please get over yourself! It is so evident that you have a problem with Mark. Most of us have been more than gracios about taking up your Coth band width. We thank you over and over. clanter is NOT trolling for Suzy:no: We have a community that we are familiar with...there is no place like home...why are you so bitter to all of us when your problem stems from something that most of us know nothing about??

Reminds me of dogs pissing on every fence post...is your bladder empy yet?

4_beatin_it
Jul. 12, 2006, 01:42 AM
Well.....I for one am simply glad that COTH has extended us UDBBers a friendly olive branch.

Thank you Erin! To show my support and appreciation, I purchased a Premium membership. Maybe a few others could do the same?

And I am willing to help randsom Suzy from her evil captors!

Sabine
Jul. 12, 2006, 01:58 AM
I'm going to pretend I am one of the reasonable people. :D I am irritated by some of the posts on UDBB and on COTH. I am irritated by some of the people in my local horse community. I like being a part of these communities anyway. The good outweighs the bad.... Don't you find that true here as well?

I think that's very true- there are some annoying creatures on both boards and as long as you haven't had a run-in with Mark- it must feel pretty similar- when you post- maybe COTH is more liberal and loose in some ways- which can be super fun but also go the other way - sometime- where uDBB seems more in the middle of the road- but still provides a good number of outstanding posters and usual annoying lot that preaches the same ^%#^%# over and over...:)

Trotsky
Jul. 12, 2006, 02:06 AM
uDBB seems more in the middle of the road- but still provides a good number of outstanding posters and usual annoying lot that preaches the same ^%#^%# over and over...:)

And thank the gods that the most annoying of recent arrivals don't seem to know about this place. With any luck they will have wandered elsewhere by the time Suze is back in town.

snowpony
Jul. 12, 2006, 02:22 AM

I agree, and post on both boards. I don't agree with everyone on either board, and I am often turned off by the nastiness on both boards as well (there have been some real doozies on BOTH recently). But there's also a lot of fun people both places - so I stay! By the way, just because someone posts on a BB doesn't mean they are a "follower" or a devotee of the board owner - it's not even required to know or like the owner. It's just a forum not a cult :)

Jmc
Jul. 12, 2006, 08:29 AM
Thank you Erin! To show my support and appreciation, I purchased a Premium membership. Maybe a few others could do the same?

Outstanding idea 4!

Aylah
Jul. 12, 2006, 09:03 AM
psst...clanter meet us at the morque

Coup De Des
Jul. 12, 2006, 09:29 AM
man i really miss suzy.

I'm so lonely.

Aylah
Jul. 12, 2006, 09:29 AM
can't open the pm

hototrot
Jul. 12, 2006, 01:57 PM
Dog gone you. Now I have that stupid "Beauty School Dropout" song in my head.:mad:
And I've been singing "Summer Lovin" all bloomin day!!
EXCEPT when I rode Moo.
When I rode Moo it was:

"Look At Me I'm Sandra Dee"... Poor the Moo, I really think we've got problems! :lol: :lol: :lol: Mind you her canter was fantastic today which is even more worrying!

So, when Suze who's off on a cruise is back-- do we start the Pink Ladeez???:yes: :yes:

Karoline
Jul. 12, 2006, 02:09 PM
Wow, Karoline, do you ever listen to yourself? And to think that you believe some of us were banned for our bad dispositions while someone who spews as much nastiness as you do is welcome there.

I am as capable as the next person of being a mean and nasty.

What I notice with you is that you see only what you want. In essence you are the mother who thinks her children are not bullies when they are decimating the playground. But notices the minest misbehavior in other people's children. Funny how so many of us are rude, insensitive, mean but when the shoe is on the other foot, you are all being honest, tongue in cheek, funny, etc...

Well, enjoy the sap, I am back to my UDB for a while.

aregard
Jul. 12, 2006, 03:03 PM
Sar,

One of the things I learned at the UDBB is: when I've posted something a little sharper than I intended, fess up. "I'm sorry, folks, didn't mean to offend. Guess I got up a little grumpy today." After a few tries, you'll find a kind apology covers a lot of tough situations.

Just a hint.

Mirabella
Jul. 12, 2006, 03:09 PM
Well, I will say it - I think some of the bannings from the UDBB were a good idea and certainly reinforced by some of the posters here.

BarbB
Jul. 12, 2006, 03:17 PM
Well, I will say it - I think some of the bannings from the UDBB were a good idea and certainly reinforced by some of the posters here.

pssst.....look around.....who's house are you in?

It is bad manners to insult people while you are visiting them.
:yes:

SarMoniet
Jul. 12, 2006, 03:18 PM
Aregard -- If I felt as though I had anything to apologize for, I most certainly would. I didn't say anything negative against any UDBB members or the board itself. I simply stated how very tacky I thought it was to come trolling for handouts on a board that is being gracious enough to host a VERY non-horse-related thread for this long. And I also found it hard to believe that the idea was entirely Clanter's, seeing how he's made it obvious that he has been in contact with "the mother ship" this entire time (posting updates, etc.).

If Mark wants handouts then I feel as though he should wait until his board gets back up and running and then ask for them himself. Even if Mark isn't asking for handouts, I still feel as though this is a topic that clearly should wait until you are back on that board. Not here.

Do the EZboard members come to COTH or UDBB asking for donations when their membership fees are due? No. They post it on their own boards and the members take care of it. Simple as that.

I can't believe how hoity-toity some of you people act about "your board." Seriously, you act like I'm dissin' yo' momma. Sheesh. Just because I think the owner is an ass isn't a reflection of my feelings on the rest of you. Why does anyone care if I don't like Mark? I doubt Mark cares.

5-brothers
Jul. 12, 2006, 03:32 PM
Holy Mozes,

Finally I found my Tobbers.

Is Suzy still in the emergency-room ?

sugar208
Jul. 12, 2006, 03:46 PM
Is Suzy still in the emergency-room ?

I think she has gone through surgery and is now in recovery trying to wake up from the anesthesia. Hope all was successful and she will be up for a chat shortly.:)

In the mean time we are hanging in the waiting room chatting with the others.

clanter
Jul. 12, 2006, 06:19 PM
and the vending machines don't work either

pvcjumper
Jul. 12, 2006, 06:26 PM
May i ask what all this is about. I dont follow the Dressage boards as frequently, so i am not really sure what this thread is about, obviously there have been previous ones... could someone fill me in please?

Thanks! :)

Nancy's mom
Jul. 12, 2006, 06:40 PM
and the vending machines don't work either

Drat...I am needing a cup of coffee...withdrawal symptoms...headache...caffene...please. ;)

BarbB
Jul. 12, 2006, 07:24 PM
May i ask what all this is about. I dont follow the Dressage boards as frequently, so i am not really sure what this thread is about, obviously there have been previous ones... could someone fill me in please?

Thanks! :)

UDBB (Ultimate Dressage Bulletin Board) is down. Some of the residents are here getting a horse bb fix so they don't die of withdrawal before their board gets back up and running again. Nothing much is really going on, Suzy is apparently the server although no one has actually said so. Many of these posters don't normally post on COTH, they will be gone in a day or two, this is just a temporary waiting area. There are two threads by the UDBB people.

Is that what you were asking???

Xhltsalute
Jul. 12, 2006, 07:33 PM
...Suzy is apparently the server although no one has actually said so. Many of these posters don't normally post on COTH,

Well, I actually do post on occassion and have for years. :D Just don't get into big debates over "stuff".;)

Yes, "suse" is the server for UDBB. :yes: She's relatively new and has never been AWOL for any length of time.:no:

BarbB
Jul. 12, 2006, 07:44 PM
don't get your feathers ruffled....I was trying to answer pvcjumper's question without getting more convoluted than the threads. :D

Utah
Jul. 12, 2006, 07:57 PM

Ditto this. No matter which of these boards I am reading, I sometimes have to stop for a while. "Put down the mouse and back away!" Otherwise either board has the potential to really blow my generally laid back, happy little self. Gotta leave the "toxic energy" where it lies. Same reason I gotta leave the lunch room at work sometimes...gotta get out before I say something that could make coming back to the lunchroom (or work in general!) uncomfortable.

jedders
Jul. 12, 2006, 08:10 PM
I'm trying to be supportive and show my appreciation for COTH's kindness in letting us congregate here...I just purchased a premium membership as well.

Thank you for this little corner of your board.

sac
:D

Pb
Jul. 12, 2006, 09:17 PM
I've been away and came back to near panic .... so glad to have found other refuges. I never realized how much I do read horsey BB's.

Hototrot ! When are you going to move stateside ? I heard a rumor ?

Then maybe you can help out with the Contemplative Dressage Society ...

Ima prayin that Suzy dear gets well .... really fast ....

-Karen

ciminok
Jul. 12, 2006, 09:28 PM
Even though I haven't posted, I wanted to say thank you to Erin and COTH for your hospitality (and tolerance of a horseless thread). It's a great board. Thanks.

Xhltsalute
Jul. 12, 2006, 09:29 PM
don't get your feathers ruffled....

Oh, my BarbB, my feathers are nowhere near ruffled. You didn't say anything that would cause that. :D :lol:

Dressage Art
Jul. 12, 2006, 09:41 PM

I don't know who you were on UDBB, I don't know the story of banned posters on UDBB, but from your posts I can see WHY you were banned - you are so fast to attack, to put people on the spot and to call names. When I joined COTH, I thought you were attacking me b/c I was new, but after being here for awhile, I can see that you attack just about anybody for the fun of it! It's you, Egontoast, who should listen to yourself sometimes, just in case you don't know, you sound really, really mean, bitter, and unwelcoming.

Karoline
Jul. 12, 2006, 09:47 PM
And this is why UDB is such a cool board, we defend each other, we love each other, heck, we have sandwiches together in 90 degree weather in beautiful vineyards...but I digress..Good to have you Back DA, and please forgive my abscence at PB.

Horsedances
Jul. 12, 2006, 09:54 PM
And this is why UDB is such a cool board, we defend each other, we love each other, heck, we have sandwiches together in 90 degree weather in beautiful vineyards...but I digress..Good to have you Back DA, and please forgive my abscence at PB.

It almost sounds like Goodnight Saigon (Billy Joel)

Karoline
Jul. 12, 2006, 10:09 PM
Would you sing it to us? Not familiar with it.

Horsedances
Jul. 12, 2006, 10:12 PM
We met as soul mates
On Parris Island
We left as inmates
From an asylum
And we were sharp
As sharp as knives
And we were so gung ho
To lay down our lives

We came in spastic
Like tameless horses
We left in plastic
As numbered corpses
And we learned fast
To travel light
Our arms were heavy
But our bellies were tight

We had no home front
We had no soft soap
They sent us Playboy
They gave us Bob Hope
We dug in deep
And shot on sight
And prayed to Jesus Christ
With all of our might

We had no cameras
To shoot the landscape
We passed the hash pipe
And played our Doors tapes
And it was dark
So dark at night
And we held on to each other
Like brother to brother
We promised our mothers we'd write
And we would all go down together
We said we'd all go down together
Yes we would all go down together

Remember Charlie
Remember Baker
They left their childhood
On every acre
And who was wrong?
And who was right?
It didn't matter in the thick of the fight

We held the day
In the palm
Of our hand
They ruled the night
And the night
Seemed to last as long as six weeks
On Parris Island

We held the coastline
They held the highlands
And they were sharp
As sharp as knives
They heard the hum of our motors
They counted the rotors
And waited for us to arrive
And we would all go down together
We said we'd all go down together
Yes we would all go down together

pvcjumper
Jul. 12, 2006, 10:12 PM
UDBB (Ultimate Dressage Bulletin Board) is down. Some of the residents are here getting a horse bb fix so they don't die of withdrawal before their board gets back up and running again. Nothing much is really going on, Suzy is apparently the server although no one has actually said so. Many of these posters don't normally post on COTH, they will be gone in a day or two, this is just a temporary waiting area. There are two threads by the UDBB people.

Is that what you were asking???

Exactly what i was asking...thanks!

Nancy's mom
Jul. 12, 2006, 10:21 PM
Here are the lyrics:

http://http://www.lyricsdomain.com/2/billy_joel/goodnight_saigon.html (http://www.lyricsdomain.com/2/billy_joel/goodnight_saigon.html)

Nancy's mom
Jul. 12, 2006, 10:26 PM
ah...see that horsedances beat me to it. ;)

clanter
Jul. 12, 2006, 10:46 PM
Aregard -- If I felt as though I had anything to apologize for, I most certainly would. I didn't say anything negative against any UDBB members or the board itself. I simply stated how very tacky I thought it was to come trolling for handouts on a board that is being gracious enough to host a VERY non-horse-related thread for this long. And I also found it hard to believe that the idea was entirely Clanter's, seeing how he's made it obvious that he has been in contact with "the mother ship" this entire time (posting updates, etc.).

If Mark wants handouts then I feel as though he should wait until his board gets back up and running and then ask for them himself. Even if Mark isn't asking for handouts, I still feel as though this is a topic that clearly should wait until you are back on that board. Not here.

Do the EZboard members come to COTH or UDBB asking for donations when their membership fees are due? No. They post it on their own boards and the members take care of it. Simple as that.

I can't believe how hoity-toity some of you people act about "your board." Seriously, you act like I'm dissin' yo' momma. Sheesh. Just because I think the owner is an ass isn't a reflection of my feelings on the rest of you. Why does anyone care if I don't like Mark? I doubt Mark cares.

Sar you need to take this up with Erin as I have repeatedly requested that this thread be removed,

It was solely my initiative to start this thread

Cecil Lanter

Horsedances
Jul. 12, 2006, 10:47 PM
www.horsedances.net/Saigon.mp3 (http://www.horsedances.net/Saigon.mp3)

jedders
Jul. 12, 2006, 10:55 PM
As a graduate of Parris Island, I find it wrong that that song makes NO MENTION of the sand fleas.

That is all.

sac

Utah
Jul. 12, 2006, 11:22 PM
Hmm, Billy Joel. I once listened to an interview with him where he talked about driving in his care with his daughter and her friends, she was soooo embarrassed...because he was singing! She asked him to stoooop Dad!
How funny....

CACUAT_X
Jul. 12, 2006, 11:25 PM
Suzy if you are reading this .....it's me Draftmom I love and miss you VERY much

Beau_Cheval_Rouge
Jul. 13, 2006, 01:10 AM
I'm with you Draftmom! I miss her too... damn lush :winkgrin: :lol:

Beau_Cheval_Rouge
Jul. 13, 2006, 01:31 AM
Any of you know of some great places for a romantic vacation? Either weekends or week long ideas?

Adele
Jul. 13, 2006, 03:19 AM
Sar.....

Who died & made you god?

From your attitude you are still the same person that dissed people over on UDBB, and frankly Im glad Mark gave you the boot.

hototrot
Jul. 13, 2006, 04:52 AM
I've been away and came back to near panic .... so glad to have found other refuges. I never realized how much I do read horsey BB's.

Hototrot ! When are you going to move stateside ? I heard a rumor ?

Then maybe you can help out with the Contemplative Dressage Society ...

Ima prayin that Suzy dear gets well .... really fast ....

-Karen

Hey honey!!! Great to see you!!!!!!!!!No, moving Stateside is just a growing fantasy of my family's co that they can live on moonpies and Koolaide. The snack food is just so much more, hmm, shall we just say, wonderful? It's rather like that scene in the Wizard of Oz where Dorothy opens the door of her newly-arrived-in-Munchinland-house to find the world has changed from black and white to technicolour. Thus is the diffrence between UK snackfood and US snackfood!:yes: :yes: But count me in as a member of the society!!!!!! And I'm doing my bit for you!!!!

Mike Matson
Jul. 13, 2006, 07:29 AM
A message from the UDBB Mother Ship:

"JULY 13:: Sometime today, I expect to have to have the server back on the rack and the website running again."

Prepare for boarding!!

clanter
Jul. 13, 2006, 08:26 AM
Any of you know of some great places for a romantic vacation? Either weekends or week long ideas?

Beau..look into either Vancouver Canada or Toronto... both are interesting...Quebec is another possibility

we still have afavorable exchange rate with Canada so your dollar will go a little longer,,, all three arer interesting....even Prince Edward Island if you want out of the city romping

carolprudm
Jul. 13, 2006, 08:45 AM
Albuquerque and/or Sante Fe
Tahoe
So Cal, I love the mission at San Juan Capistrano, San Diego, though you missed the fair, Catalina island

SarMoniet
Jul. 13, 2006, 10:02 AM
Oh, Adele, my dear -- I only dissed YOU because you talked like a fricking MORON when you first started posting there. I wasn't the only one who said as much. Frankly, you've come a long way in your writing style since then. So obviously what I said was for your own good.

Goodness some people do hold grudges for a very long time. (Yes, pot to kettle and all that nonsense since I obviously am still dissing Mark. That situation does go quite a bit further than calling someone's childish writing styles to the mat, though.)

tewhann
Jul. 13, 2006, 10:28 AM
Sar, your need to just be disruptive is just sad.

Just get off the tread since you have nothing but nastiness to spread.

tewhann
Jul. 13, 2006, 10:29 AM
DRAFTMOM!!!!! So glad to see you!!!!!!

BTW, for those saying we'll all be gone when Suzy's back up......not all of us.

I really appreciate Erin's hospitality and plan to stick around!

This IS a great board

DocHF
Jul. 13, 2006, 10:30 AM
Oh, Adele, my dear -- I only dissed YOU because you talked like a fricking MORON when you first started posting there. I wasn't the only one who said as much. Frankly, you've come a long way in your writing style since then. So obviously what I said was for your own good.

Goodness some people do hold grudges for a very long time. (Yes, pot to kettle and all that nonsense since I obviously am still dissing Mark. That situation does go quite a bit further than calling someone's childish writing styles to the mat, though.)

Sar. Rein in your tongue. No-one has to hold a grudge for very long when you call them a "moron" today. And you label THEM "childish?

Sabovee
Jul. 13, 2006, 10:30 AM
Sar, your need to just be disruptive is just sad.

Just get off the tread since you have nothing but nastiness to spread.

I second that! Seriously...
Get out of the bitter barn and go play in the hay!

Remember, Negative thoughts come home to roost.

(And several other cliches)

.... also... dissed?.... Dissed? ... Really?? Is it 1992?

SarMoniet
Jul. 13, 2006, 10:49 AM
Oh I give up. Why the hell did all of the over-sensitive mushy-mush people have to take over THIS board? Good GOD some of you are so touchy. You call this nasty? Grow a spine. My claws haven't come out once in this thread. And FWIW, I didn't call Adele a "moron" today. I said she talked like a moron when she first joined the UDBB (and frankly, were you there? because you could hardly disagree). And then I actually *complimented* her on her improved writing technique.

And Tewhann, have YOU now become Miss Moderator in your three days here? Telling ME to leave a thread? If I bother you so dearly, why don't you just leave?

Lord, the entire tone of this board has changed in the last week and it's not for the better. I'm sure you are looking forward to the love fest you will have upon your return home.

sbloom
Jul. 13, 2006, 11:13 AM
Patronising...? I thought you were okay most of the time on TOB but opinions change.

partita
Jul. 13, 2006, 12:38 PM
Din't now 1 had to piss a ridin' test B4 posting!

DocHF
Jul. 13, 2006, 12:57 PM
Oh I give up. Why the hell did all of the over-sensitive mushy-mush people have to take over THIS board? Good GOD some of you are so touchy. You call this nasty? Grow a spine. My claws haven't come out once in this thread. And FWIW, I didn't call Adele a "moron" today. I said she talked like a moron when she first joined the UDBB (and frankly, were you there? because you could hardly disagree). And then I actually *complimented* her on her improved writing technique.

Well, know your posters Sar. I haven't been on UDDB for ages and this is about as home to me as it gets. When you dredge it all up from the cesspool of yesteryear its pretty much the same thing as calling her a "moron" again. Kind of like if I was to say "Sar is an idiot but at least she can use spellcheck". Nice compliment? I don't think so. I have seen your work and you are capable of far better.

Then you continue the name calling of people who call your behavior into question. If you don't think your claws are out on that one, then its time you checked into the groomers for a trim. You're clacking on the hardwood.

tewhann
Jul. 13, 2006, 12:58 PM
You're right, Sar, when I see slamming of individuals rather than topics, I do become Miss Moderator.

I'm not going to leave as I happen to like it here. Fortunately, the good outweighs the bad.

What is wrong with you that you just can't leave this thread alone?

Go be nasty with other posters who like that. Where IS the rolling eyes icon??

CACUAT_X
Jul. 13, 2006, 01:19 PM
Well, know your posters Sar. I haven't been on UDDB for ages and this is about as home to me as it gets. When you dredge it all up from the cesspool of yesteryear its pretty much the same thing as calling her a "moron" again. Kind of like if I was to say "Sar is an idiot but at least she can use spellcheck". Nice compliment? I don't think so. I have seen your work and you are capable of far better.

Then you continue the name calling of people who call your behavior into question. If you don't think your claws are out on that one, then its time you checked into the groomers for a trim. You're clacking on the hardwood.
Loving this post

Thanks T!!! Nice to be missed :)

CAN WE ALL JINGLE FOR THE UDBB TO BE BACK UP TODAY!!!

JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLEJINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLEJINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLEJINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLEJINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLEJINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLEJINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLEJINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLEJINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLEJINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLEJINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLEJINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLEJINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLEJINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLEJINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLEJINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE

Hoping to see you all soon
Draftmom

tewhann
Jul. 13, 2006, 03:01 PM
JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE

clanter
Jul. 13, 2006, 03:32 PM
Sar.... I will be praying for you as it appears you have need of spiritual help to relieve yourself of some demons

SoEasy
Jul. 13, 2006, 04:37 PM
Ask how much I want to spend today moderating a fight that belongs on another BB altogether ... yah, not so much.

Enough.