PDA

View Full Version : Need help with White Trash Dressage Class

Eleanor
Jun. 15, 2006, 01:20 PM
We are putting on our 3 rd Dressage and Jumping Schooling Show in Aug and I want to add a White Trash Dressage class. this is just a flat class that will be W/T/C. But I need some info on what to put in the prize list as what is required as white trash. I know duct tape is one thing that they must have.

Horse poor any and all help would be great. As I have never shown in a WTD class and have only put on one show(it was last weekend and went great). So I do want to make sure that the right info is in the prize list.

Thanks so much for the help.

shawneeAcres
Jun. 15, 2006, 01:23 PM
I would assume that the tack MUST be made of baling twine and duct tape. In addition a burlap sack saddle pad would be required. maybe one of those rusty old mule bits??

MeredithTX
Jun. 15, 2006, 01:44 PM
Tell everyone just to go through their tack rooms and pull out all the stuff they don't know why they bought or haven't used in years because it's held together with duct tape and baling twine. Slobber stains and mismatched colors encouraged.

AllWeatherGal
Jun. 15, 2006, 02:02 PM
AH HA!

I've been wondering what WTD means ;)

I think sunglasses for the rider are absolutely required as well as sequins and glitter on every possible surface, including hooves and boots, but I'm a WTD novice.

Puddin Pie
Jun. 15, 2006, 02:17 PM
Now will this be a WTD equitation WTC class or just WTC on the rail, reverse, WTC?

Need to make sure that Formal attire is not warn-the pants your horse dumped the hoof polish on should work fine. There should me a minimum amount of duct tape/baling twine required to enter the ring. There should be a gate steward of sorts to do the DT check. Excess lenght of whip due to baling twine wrist strap should NOT be penalized.

Eleanor
Jun. 15, 2006, 02:38 PM
Now will this be a WTD equitation WTC class or just WTC on the rail, reverse, WTC?

Need to make sure that Formal attire is not warn-the pants your horse dumped the hoof polish on should work fine. There should me a minimum amount of duct tape/baling twine required to enter the ring. There should be a gate steward of sorts to do the DT check. Excess lenght of whip due to baling twine wrist strap should NOT be penalized.

This is a just a WTC on rail. How can you judge the worst WTD horse and rider if you can't line them up and compare who has the most duct tape.

horse_poor
Jun. 15, 2006, 03:29 PM
Lovely, Eleanor, just lovely. Hopefully many will follow suit and there will finally be a class Rothina and I can excel in.

This a wonderful opportunity for people to use those animal print saddle pads and wraps they have been hiding in their closet. Also, those mismatched wraps they have been hanging on to but not sure why.

The "come as you are" attitude is what it is all about. No matching gloves, half chaps, etc. Stains on shirts and breeches.

There is a chapter in the book about putting on a WTD show but it is quite in depth. It speaks of using objects instead of letters (BBQ for B, manure pile for M, etc.) There is judging of the most creative use of an object as a mounting block, the best garanimal spotting, etc. For WTD freestyle and for those who do not know quite how to control their animal, bicyle hors are afixed to the crown of bridles to warn those around you that you are approaching. The same said horn is used to create freestyle music.

And of course, use of duct tape and baling twine.

And of course the class winner should win a WTD shirt/hat/mug. It is only fitting and right. And ribbons need to be made out of duct tape.

Equibrit
Jun. 15, 2006, 03:38 PM
Sad, truly sad. I guess the more things you include, the more people you stand to offend!

Babs
Jun. 15, 2006, 04:04 PM
Hmmm, if i were riding in it, would it be acceptable to be dressed in a mesh T-shirt over a bra? Can't decide between sweat pants or cut-offs, guess I would have to let the weather decide.

horse_poor
Jun. 15, 2006, 04:07 PM
Babs-you could do either or. However, it must be said that safety is still a concern even in WTD. Ya just don't have to look good being safe.:cool:

Equibrit-I see you brought your sunshine-y sense of humor to the party....

Babs
Jun. 15, 2006, 04:10 PM
Ya just don't have to look good being safe

I think you are saying - I should skip the bra

;-)

horse_poor
Jun. 15, 2006, 04:20 PM
I think you are saying - I should skip the bra

;-)

Well....not quite sure how to answer that! (for once, I am without speech.) :eek:

kkj
Jun. 15, 2006, 04:34 PM
I went as White Trash to a Halloween party once. I stapled pieces of plastic trash bags to my bra and cut fringe out of it for the bottom of the bra. Then I made a two tone mini skirt out of white and black trash bags. My stomach was exposed but I had like a little belt thing made out of soda can tabs and string around my waste. I made high heel shoes out of duct tape and tuna cans. I won $75 bucks for the best costume. Don't know if our how you can use any of this on a horse but it was both trashy and white trashy.

Have fun.

MuleLady
Jun. 15, 2006, 04:52 PM
OMG, KKJ, I might actually pay 75 bucks to see a picture of you in that costume.

I think there should be "Minimal" attire rules for WTD as in, well, MINIMAL. Tube tops should get extra points, especially if the wearer has big boobs AND tattoos.

There might also be points awarded for being able to complete an auxiliary activity while doing your test...such as consuming an entire Bud Light, painting all 10 nails, or doing your makeup.

Can people of color compete in WTD? Can there be a division called Trailer Trash Dressage?

Reynard Ridge
Jun. 15, 2006, 05:08 PM
I went as White Trash to a Halloween party once. etc ...

OMGiH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !

The mental image is priceless, although I bet we could get enough people on this thread to ante up another $75 to see photos of this costume.

Betcj
Jun. 15, 2006, 05:12 PM
:winkgrin: :winkgrin:
I'm from Tennessee, so I may have an unfair advantage in this class.
My attire would include flip flops and I would have my dressage whip stuck in my back pocket. It makes such a cute statement standing up over you head like that...................
:yes:

carovet
Jun. 15, 2006, 05:26 PM
flip flops, braided baling twine reins (attached to halter), muscle shirt with the armpits cut out allowing to see the bra or lack there of in opposite colors, thong waist underwear above the pink hot pants that stop at mid calf, MAKE UP, tail french braided into one big braid, manure stains, bright blue and white fleece breast collar (i actually had that :)

another options - short shorts under chaps.....

carovet

Gnalli
Jun. 15, 2006, 05:30 PM
AH HA!

I've been wondering what WTD means ;)

I think sunglasses for the rider are absolutely required as well as sequins and glitter on every possible surface, including hooves and boots, but I'm a WTD novice.

Could you get extra points for sprinkling sparkle glitter on the horses? You know, the trend in barrel horses for a while in the late 90's ( at least in West TN) was to stencil patterns with glitter on the rumps of horses that way the light would catch it at night....

MissBri
Jun. 15, 2006, 05:31 PM
Well....not quite sure how to answer that! (for once, I am without speech.) :eek:

And that my dears is a rare thing indeed! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big bows - yup big bows - on ponytails, manes, and the pony's tail.

Gnalli
Jun. 15, 2006, 05:34 PM
OMG, KKJ, I might actually pay 75 bucks to see a picture of you in that costume.

I think there should be "Minimal" attire rules for WTD as in, well, MINIMAL. Tube tops should get extra points, especially if the wearer has big boobs AND tattoos.

There might also be points awarded for being able to complete an auxiliary activity while doing your test...such as consuming an entire Bud Light, painting all 10 nails, or doing your makeup.

Can people of color compete in WTD? Can there be a division called Trailer Trash Dressage?

Of course, they can!!!:D :D WTD has nothing to do with color, its all about the attitude (and the duct tape of course.):cool:

MeredithTX
Jun. 15, 2006, 05:37 PM
I could win this class with one of the horses I'm schooling for his owners! They don't have an arena, they have very little tack, and it's 38521684354 degrees in Texas right now, so you should see our getup.

I ride him in a very old, very cheap Western saddle that's slightly too small for me, but it fits the horse quite well. The split reins are held together with a purple scrunchie, and I've fashioned a martingale out of his halter and a side rein attached to the girth. It was too hot to wear pants the other day, so I rode in capris with my half chaps on. The horse is very attached to his mini-donkey friend, so Dudley would have to come along, but I suppose I could pony him as long as the extremely frayed purple leadrope holds up.

PS - Do I get extra points for the throw rug that's doubling as my saddle pad?

horse_poor
Jun. 15, 2006, 05:53 PM
I am convinced that the market for glitter horse makeup/hoof polish is intended for WTD. As we say in WTD, BLING IT ON!

I am once again able to speak-quite frightening there for a moment when I was inded without speech, but WTD will do that to you.

The throw rug and impromptu martgingale is fabulous.

Shorts with half chaps is a very nice look as well.

Eleanor
Jun. 15, 2006, 05:57 PM
Ok this is want I have for the prize list. tell me what you think.

Class 9 White Trash Dressage.Class Open ..
Horses will be mounted and shown in both directions at a walk, trot, and canter .WTD = White Trash Dressage which can actually be translated into some languages as Worst Trained Dressage or Redneck Dressage. The worst dressed horse and rider for dressage. Duct tape, baling twine, slobber stains and mismatched colors encouraged. Please note as bad as you and your horse look you must still be safe. $15.00

EponaRoan
Jun. 15, 2006, 06:05 PM

Tube tops should be a requirement, not a bonus point getter. :cool:

horse_poor
Jun. 15, 2006, 06:07 PM
I love it Eleanor!

Trakehners2000
Jun. 15, 2006, 06:40 PM
:no:
Sad, truly sad. I guess the more things you include, the more people you stand to offend!

Equibrit,
I have to say I agree. I am trying to understand that this is all in jest...though ....am finding it hard to do so. I don't see how it is possible to publically dis a group of people in the name of a horse competition? I would not tolerate my foster children calling someone white trash, and am frankly quite shocked and sad to see it done in the dressage arena. :eek:
~Christina Hyke~

Sonesta
Jun. 15, 2006, 07:05 PM
Oh, for heaven's sake. "White trash" is a state of mind. It's not like a group of people with characteristics they cann't help having - like color or gender or ethnicity. I don't see any reason NOT to poke a little fun - and hell, most of those who have made the lifestyle choice to be IN that group would likely laugh the hardest.

Eleanor
Jun. 15, 2006, 07:49 PM

Equibrit,
I have to say I agree. I am trying to understand that this is all in jest...though ....am finding it hard to do so. I don't see how it is possible to publically dis a group of people in the name of a horse competition? I would not tolerate my foster children calling someone white trash, and am frankly quite shocked and sad to see it done in the dressage arena. :eek:
~Christina Hyke~

OK I have to ask what group of people are we publically dis-ing? I don't see any nationality in the words "white trash dressage". But if you can tell me what nationality I am offending then I will be the first to say I am sorry.

Trakehners2000
Jun. 15, 2006, 08:21 PM
I have been a Treatment Foster parent for nearly six years, and a mentor for nearly twenty. One of the cheif values I teach is respect for others. I fail to see the term "white trash" as anything other than disrespectful, and demeaning. The term 'white trash' is clearly an insult. I highly doubt you would feel complimented or all warm and fuzzy inside if someone called you 'white trash'.

Maybe, just maybe I am being oversensitive on the term, as I work with many trouble teens that are mainly white, and come from horrid, abusive backgrounds. Many folks at the dressage show will be sporting speciality clothing, that they are blessed to be able to own... Many times (not all) single items of clothing will cost them over $100 or $300.00---How then is it humorous to have a class that mocks people who cannot afford such things?

Would I see such a class at a show, I would never attend that show again.

I fail to see how the term is ment to be anything except an insult, a put down and a way to 'make fun of' a type of person.

I am blessed to own and compete beautiful horses, and would not be part of a show that had a class to mock people who could not afford proper tack or instruction.

I let my 16 year old foster son read part of your thread, he could not believe that you were acctually serious about having such a class. He has been with us for a year, and has learned much about horses, and has a true interest in dressage- imagine his impression of the lot of you- naming a class after a name that he has been most likely called...having been from a poor, single parent home. Most of his sibliings are in jail or have been. He has turned his life around....he is well on his way to being a successful man. Jim & I are so very proud of him. White foster care children are often not only treated like trash by society, they are often called 'white trash', and from my experience in working with them, that is often been so ingrained in them, it is nearly impossible to replace with a healthy self-esteem. Imagine this young man showing one of our horses next year at a show...and watching the parade of "white trash" dressage riders going by, and hearing the announcement of your class, "white trash" . Do you think it will make him feel good to see the women formally dressed in $900 Shad Bellies now sporting flip flops and old, stained shirts? I sense your class is supposed to have the feel of a costume class, though I would suggest a name change, or theme change or both.:sigh:

horse_poor
Jun. 15, 2006, 08:52 PM
The term White Trash has been around forever...originally it was thought of in a negative light, however more recently in movies, books, songs, cookbooks, and even food have based around it, it is brought about in a sense of humor. Many popular TV shows have been based on the "state of mind" of White Trash.

Again, it is a state of mind.

Trakehners2000, I admire you for your work and dedication. I was a youth counselor and came across many children who had a rough start at life. But many of them came from money and experienced the same, if not more, obstacles as their less privileged counterparts.

Concerning WTD, it is simply a state of mind, so to speak, for people who struggle in dressage and their horses who struggle the same. They suck at it sometimes, really. It is an IMAGINARY thing so that we can laugh at our shortcomings instead of beat our head against a wall as we continue to improve. I would much rather say "Ohhhhhhh look, Rothina is river dancing when she canters" and try again tomorrow rather than get pissed and upset and cry "I am NEVER going to get her to do this right."

And chances are, women formally dressed in $900 Shad Bellies will not be participating.

I think the class is a great idea-gives people a chance to participate and show off their horse's "real" dressage less than stellar skills. Oh, and show off a sense of humor.

Sonesta
Jun. 15, 2006, 08:56 PM
Sounds to me like it is YOU that has labeled this child as "white trash" not anyone else. It might well be YOU that has the problem, not the posters here.

"White trash" is no different than a label such as "dork" or "computer nerd" or "floozy." So, now if someone holds a "nerd" party, are they then "intentionally denigrating" an entire class of people?

The OP was not talking about holding a "poor people's dressage class." I think you just are way overreacting.

horse poor, we were posting at the same time and I think you said it best.

Equit8tor
Jun. 15, 2006, 09:13 PM
Good Lord...has everyone's sense of humour fallen out of their respective a$$eS?????????????? I'd LOVE to attend! And, am most certainly "qualified"!!!!!!!!!!

Trakehners2000
Jun. 15, 2006, 09:14 PM
Sonesta,
Do you really mean that you actually think I would label a child that I care for, take into my home and love as trash? I counsel these kids, I know what they have struggled with, do you? I am telling you that he was as shocked as I about the class title, he did take a look at the post.
HorsePoor, I agree, it is not the size of the family income that dictates the state of the child. I mentor two boys from a trailer park, and I can tell you that the use of white trash to demean is still there. The boys have told me that they get referred to as 'white trash' and 'trailer park trash'...

I am sorry for starting an argument, Equibrit is not the only one who took it wrong.

~~~Sonesta~~~
We have too much in common too fight. I am sorry I got off on the wrong foot with you~
Can we agree to disagree on this one? Maybe, I don't watch enough TV to be up on the latest humor...
Honestly, we do laugh a lot around here...I just happen to be strict about name calling. Sincerely, sorry I over reacted about the class title. Odviously the majority of folks think it is tongue in cheek humor... going to ride now~

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 15, 2006, 09:29 PM
I am very distressed by this entire thread. Yes, attire and appearance is important. But it's not everything. So much of WTD is about what you do or don't do in the ring!!! How many of us have been incorrectly attired in white breeches and black coat and boots, but outshine other competitors with a lovely tranter or sproing or leapfartbuck?

Really. You have forgotten what the heart and soul of WTD is all about.

Babs
Jun. 15, 2006, 10:26 PM
Hmm those of you all getting up in high dudgeon about White Trash well I for one with true WT cred am OK with it - yes, cousins live in a mobile home, yes, Aunt and Uncle serve fried Squirrel, domestic violence is a given - hey it doesn't bother me so why should it bother you?

And BTW for inspiration, watch an episode of My Name is Earl, and then maybe Jerry Springer.

Eleanor
Jun. 15, 2006, 11:48 PM
Well I guess I opened up a can of worms. There must be a few out there with a bowl of popcorn and a drink just waiting to see where this goes.

Now I must say the shows that I am putting on are not big shows and the highest dressage class is test 1 first level. These shows are for first time showers and for owners that what to get there young/baby horses out to a few small shows with out paying a arm and a leg. So if someone feels offended by this class then I don't want them at my show. Our last show started at 9:00am and we where done a 2:45pm. Now that was the dressage and the jumping classes. And not one of the riders complained about anything. Heck all but 4 had never shown before. So I guess you could say the whole show was a WTD show and not one person felt they didn't have a right to be there. And I know I would rather be called WTD then a DQ.

mzpeepers
Jun. 16, 2006, 12:26 AM
I am very distressed by this entire thread. Yes, attire and appearance is important. But it's not everything. So much of WTD is about what you do or don't do in the ring!!! How many of us have been incorrectly attired in white breeches and black coat and boots, but outshine other competitors with a lovely tranter or sproing or leapfartbuck?

Really. You have forgotten what the heart and soul of WTD is all about.

Truer words were never spoken!
I'd suggest the test should include at the very least a spook. Sheep or other farm animals causing the spook should earn extra points.

Reynard Ridge
Jun. 16, 2006, 07:02 AM
Well I guess I opened up a can of worms. There must be a few out there with a bowl of popcorn and a drink just waiting to see where this goes..

:lol: Good grief, I hope not. There's a ton of stuff out there that's worth getting your panties in a wad about - WTD does not fall into that category. The few, the proud, the mentally deranged, that's what we are! Proponents of humor in dressage, and every day life to help lighten the load and bring smiles to peoples faces.

But, I digress. I have a real and serious question about your prize list! How are you planning to judge the class?? I would suggest giving your competitiors a little more information? Like, 50% of class will be judged on attire, 50% like an equitation or suitability class? Clearly I have no idea how WTD should be judged, but might be nice to explain how class will be judged in prize list.

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 16, 2006, 08:19 AM
I am sincerely hoping you willcontact the AWTDA (or whatever they're calling themselves today) to register your GMO for Year End Awards.

horse_poor
Jun. 16, 2006, 08:56 AM
Geek, get with the program...it is the USWTDA, formerly known as AWTDA. And YE awards will be held at Chuck's World of Cheese.

Lemme do some thinking on how to judge the class properly. Will refer to my notes.

shawneeAcres
Jun. 16, 2006, 09:30 AM
Yeah boy, just let some holier than thou DQ's get ahold of a FUN thread like this and ruin it for everyone! Ya'll need to crawl back into your little "perfect world" and STAY THERE. I am white trash redneck from NC and durned proud of it thank you (I might add WITH my parents having come from east tennesee mountains it don't get any trashier than that, unless of course, you are from west virgnia, where the men are men and the women are too! :lol: )

But back to the topic at hand. I really feel that white trash dressage riders must have some reference to NASCAR, WWW or some other appropriate white trash sport or institution (and now that the Carolina hurricanes are trying their darndest to win the stanley cup, we will ACCEPT Redneck Hockey as an apporpriate white trash sport!) A six pack of beer, firearm (preferably the trusty redneck potato gun) and tatoo's should DEFINITELY get you brownie points.

Equibrit
Jun. 16, 2006, 11:19 AM
Just Kidding?
Reconciling Humor with Respect
by Sondra Thiederman, PhD

Laughter is a great antidote for workplace stress and tedium. Jokes, humor and teasing all create a light atmosphere in which teams are formed, friendships cemented, and energy and productivity increased. That is, if the jokes, humor and teasing are not at the expense of any one group of employees. Jokes, for example, that denigrate women, minorities or gay people can be hurtful, divisive and, in the worst cases, grounds for discrimination suits. Managers and employees face the challenge of encouraging respect for diversity without stifling the levity we all crave in our fast-paced lives.
Many employees have resisted changing the nature of their humor, because they never understood why particular jokes were a problem. After all, they reason, if no member of the targeted group is within earshot, no harm done. What they forget is you never know who can hear the joke from another room or will learn through the grapevine that the offending comment was made. Also, how do you know someone who is listening is in fact not a member of the group being joked about? It is impossible to know, for example, whether someone is gay or has an ethnic or racially mixed heritage.
But there is an even more important reason for avoiding potentially offensive humor. Let's assume that the people who hear the joke or comment are not of the group being joked about, no team member from the group will ever know the joke has been told and the people listening have no negative feelings about what has been said. Even under these unlikely circumstances, there is still a problem. Telling potentially offensive jokes and comments sends a message to all team members, regardless of gender, race or background, that your workplace is one in which it is acceptable to make fun of people and respect for individuals of all backgrounds is not truly valued. That is the single most important reason to make an effort to use humor that does not depend on denigrating particular groups.
Another element confusing the issue is that sometimes women and minorities tell jokes about themselves and even laugh when others tell them. The logic is clear and understandable: "If they can tell those jokes, why can't I?" It may surprise you to hear it is no more acceptable for a member of a group to tell a joke about the group than it is for a nonmember. No matter who is telling the joke, the behavior contributes to an atmosphere of disrespect and discomfort.
Also, the fact that a person laughs at an inappropriate joke does not necessarily mean he or she is comfortable. Think about it. Have you ever gone along with a comment or joke that upset you just because you did not want to appear judgmental or uptight? All people are prone to do this, especially when they feel left out or at a disadvantage. The last thing any person who feels like an outsider wants to do is separate himself further by not going along with the program. If you recall a time when you were the outsider, you will no doubt remember the same urge to blend in and ignore offensive comments or behavior.

horse_poor
Jun. 16, 2006, 11:48 AM
Soooooooooo I am guessing I should not send Equibrit a WTD beer stein? :confused:

horse_poor
Jun. 16, 2006, 12:22 PM
The powers that be who have yet to be named sat down last evening and came up with the following disclaimer:

White Trash Dressage is a state of mind. It does NOT discriminate against skin color (of the rider or horse), size (of the rider or horse), ethnicity (again, of the rider or horse), religion, geographical location, size of bank account, riding ability, or lack of, ability to choose a decent wine, sexual orientation (geldings welcome), fashion sense (or lack of), or ability to use duct tape (novice users welcome). It does, however, discriminate against those without a sense of humor.

Kyzteke
Jun. 16, 2006, 12:43 PM

Equibrit,
~Christina Hyke~

This is one reason the world is getting to be such a sad place. Everyone MUST be ever so PC and they have totally lost their sense of humor about everything.

Clue you guys: most White Trash don't realize they ARE WT, and so therefore are not offended. Ever heard of Jeff Foxworthy? The man has made a living out of "you might be a redneck" jokes and his fan base is mostly -- ahem -- REDNECKS!

So if they can laugh at themselves, you should be able to as well. And, since I live in one of the proud centers of White Trash America (that would be northern Idaho), I feel I can speak with some authority.

Or maybe we could just have a "Uptight Liberal Politically Correct " class. Horses must have a "Save the Whale" bumpersticker on one side of its butt and a "Free Tibet" sticker on the other. Riders must be tastefully dressed in all-natural fibers. Animals competing cannot have been raised on any grains harvested by oppressed farmworkers. Horse should not be forced in anyway to do anything they don't want to do, but instead should be allowed to express it's own individuality in a completely organic way. Extra points if the rider can sing "Kumbaya" while completing the test.

Babs
Jun. 16, 2006, 01:14 PM
Oooooops double post musta had too many longnecks

Babs
Jun. 16, 2006, 01:16 PM
Oh my God you have GOT to laugh at a 'sport' that has its athletes dressed in ... drum roll ... top hat and tails! It is hilarious. WTD is the necessary antidote for such fusty upper-crusty seriousness.

... sexual orientation (geldings welcome) ...
Oh but we are quite sure a mare in squealing squirty heat makes the best and most embarassing WTD mount. ;-)

CowgirlDressage
Jun. 16, 2006, 01:20 PM
So my very ancient Wintec schooling saddle of which both flaps have partially disintegrated & are duct taped, my Winglish bridle, the tie-dyed purplish, bleachy saddle pad, my Dumas w/ half chaps, stained/ripped/saggy breeches & paint spattered/holey t-shirt with a Disney themed batted helmet will suffice then?

:D :lol: :D :lol:

The saddle is currently in the throw away pile (hubby keeps not bringing home the dump truck, sigh! and we really need to haul away after the remodeling & spring cleaning), the Winglish bridle is fun for schooling, the saddle pad my middle daughter thought was so dirty she should add bleach to the load so hence the look of it, the Dumas & half chaps I do school in, the breeches are being taken apart by my youngest daughter for a 'pattern' to try to sew some for me as a project by her, the shirt is from all the remodeling and the helmet was cool w/ a retro Mickey Mouse riding a retro horse, but said youngest child & her friend left in on the rail & the horses nearly destroyed it, so it too sits waiting for removal.

So what say you, do I have a good WTD outfit to put together or what? :yes:

Babs
Jun. 16, 2006, 01:22 PM
Cowgirl

Do NOT throw that gear away. If you do not need it, there must be an aspiring young WTD rider somewhere who could use that get up for the championships.

CowgirlDressage
Jun. 16, 2006, 01:24 PM
So if they can laugh at themselves, you should be able to as well. And, since I live in one of the proud centers of White Trash America (that would be northern Idaho), I feel I can speak with some authority.

OMG, do you live near Couer d'Alene? I am so homesick, whah!!!! LOL! Born in Yakima, WA & grew up in Spokane. Sigh, I so miss all the driveup coffee huts and the scary backroads that lead to the scarier white supremecy compounds where they peer at you from beneath furrowed brows whilst holding the rifles cradled to their chests. (Not! Err, well yes, I do miss the coffee huts, just not the scary WS part, lol!)

CowgirlDressage
Jun. 16, 2006, 01:26 PM
Cowgirl

Do NOT throw that gear away. If you do not need it, there must be an aspiring young WTD rider somewhere who could use that get up for the championships.

I just asked both my riders (the middle & youngest daughters) if they'd pretty please use said gear if I put together a WTD show & they did this: :eek: :( :eek: Ha!

Betcj
Jun. 16, 2006, 01:30 PM
helmet was cool w/ a retro Mickey Mouse riding a retro horse, but said youngest child & her friend left in on the rail & the horses nearly destroyed it, so it too sits waiting for removal.

I commend you for wearing the helmet!! I have the same model, though it is in good shape. It was my son's when he was a sprout. He's 13 now and can't wear it any more, so I do......:winkgrin: :winkgrin:

MeredithTX
Jun. 16, 2006, 01:36 PM
It's not meant to make fun of other people - the intention is to poke fun at ourselves! I love and respect dressage, I get all fancied up and compete at both schooling and USDF shows, but I think WTD is a way to take some of the seriousness away! I work very hard at dressage, and it is fundamentally about striving for accuracy and perfection.

However, with all that being said, I (and most of us here) do not embody this seriousness and perfection during my average ride!!! How many times have I been schooling at home on a hot day, asked for a canter depart, and ended up with a perfect ten on my "tranter" instead? Well, I can get upset, or I can laugh about it and try again. How many times have I turned down the centerline (both at home and in shows!) only to lose all engagement and end up with my horse looking like a giraffe somewhere in the general region of X? Countless. And how can we not laugh at a sport which asks us to wear WHITE pants? Most of my clothes are already covered in slobber stains. And in a perfect DQ world, I would simply buy new tack when mine breaks or wears out, but instead, I MacGuyver it back together with what I have on hand (typically baling twine and duct tape).

At the end of the day, no matter if it's been a good ride or a bad ride, I'm still going to drink out of the hose, wipe my nose on my shirt (and possibly my horse's too), unsnap my breeches to let it all hang out, and hopefully crack open a beer. By that point, there's nothing classy, serious, or perfect about me, and most restaurants would turn me away at the door. It's funny because we're laughing at ourselves and the things we do in the lives we have chosen and worked for, not anybody else. Maybe turn the defense meter down a notch. :D

Babs
Jun. 16, 2006, 01:40 PM
And how can we not laugh at a sport which asks us to wear WHITE pants?

Possibly the funniest part of the Serious Upper Crusty Fusty Dressage (SUCFD) get-up. I am guessing they became tradition because middle aged women, which make up the majority of dressage riders look SOOOOOO gooood in white pants. Bwaahaahaha!

horse_poor
Jun. 16, 2006, 01:40 PM
Meredith-your post brought a tear to my eye. :sadsmile: I shall take my WTD ballcap off and tip it in your direction in honor of such a wonderful post.

Betcj
Jun. 16, 2006, 01:46 PM
Elastic white pants + 40 year old women's backside=cottage cheese!
(talking about myself here!!)

Kyzteke
Jun. 16, 2006, 02:27 PM
OMG, do you live near Couer d'Alene? I am so homesick, whah!!!! LOL! Born in Yakima, WA & grew up in Spokane. Sigh, I so miss all the driveup coffee huts and the scary backroads that lead to the scarier white supremecy compounds where they peer at you from beneath furrowed brows whilst holding the rifles cradled to their chests. (Not! Err, well yes, I do miss the coffee huts, just not the scary WS part, lol!)

Inbetween Sandpoint & Coeur D'Alene. You know you are white trash when you have 12 cars in your front yard, live in a mobile home, and the only thing that moves is the trailer!

Yeah, we still have the coffee huts, but most of the White Supremists were run out of town some years ago when a jury of his peers basically took Richard Butler to the cleaners. They were a pretty sad crowd anyway ...lots of hate & zero brains.

But we still have some pretty scary back roads, if that helps...

And people here can do things with duct tape and baling twine that should be winning Nobel Prizes....

shawneeAcres
Jun. 16, 2006, 03:15 PM
This is one reason the world is getting to be such a sad place. Everyone MUST be ever so PC and they have totally lost their sense of humor about everything.

Clue you guys: most White Trash don't realize they ARE WT, and so therefore are not offended. Ever heard of Jeff Foxworthy? The man has made a living out of "you might be a redneck" jokes and his fan base is mostly -- ahem -- REDNECKS!

Or maybe we could just have a "Uptight Liberal Politically Correct " class. Horses must have a "Save the Whale" bumpersticker on one side of its butt and a "Free Tibet" sticker on the other. Riders must be tastefully dressed in all-natural fibers. Animals competing cannot have been raised on any grains harvested by oppressed farmworkers. Horse should not be forced in anyway to do anything they don't want to do, but instead should be allowed to express it's own individuality in a completely organic way. Extra points if the rider can sing "Kumbaya" while completing the test.

You hit that nail on the head Kyzteke! Ahhh...teh politically correctness of it all, gives you a nice cold, chilling feeling inside, huh?!

SarMoniet
Jun. 16, 2006, 04:14 PM
I hope those of you mentioning half chaps aren't REALLY planning on wearing half chaps. Any self respecting WTD rider knows that the only way to ride is with polo wraps covering your lower legs. Bonus points if they don't match (black isn't allowed!) and if they haven't been washed since being on the horse's legs.

I was officially "trailer trash" for two years of my life. And yes, that's what I called myself. 'Though I admit, I wasn't quite as trashy as my neighbors....

Lancaster9
Jun. 16, 2006, 04:49 PM
Or maybe we could just have a "Uptight Liberal Politically Correct " class. Horses must have a "Save the Whale" bumpersticker on one side of its butt and a "Free Tibet" sticker on the other. Riders must be tastefully dressed in all-natural fibers. Animals competing cannot have been raised on any grains harvested by oppressed farmworkers.

I'm in!!! Woohoo, another class just MADE for me! (liberal and humble). BTW, for those of you who didn't see my confession in the off course thread, I'm also certifiably eligible for WTD. I hope that's not too much of a problem for you all to reconcile.

---just another WT Lefty

Reynard Ridge
Jun. 16, 2006, 04:53 PM
BTW, for those of you who didn't see my confession in the off course thread, I'm also certifiably eligible for WTD.

Girlfriend, your confession was too freaking funny for words. Might I suggest you cut and paste here for those who may have missed it?

Truly worth a repeat. :lol:

Lancaster9
Jun. 16, 2006, 05:09 PM
Girlfriend, your confession was too freaking funny for words. Might I suggest you cut and paste here for those who may have missed it?

I'm just praying to all the gods that no one on here will recognize me from this... I was actually relieved for once to have a thread die so soon after my post! Okay - deep breath - here goes, but just remember, I'm a different person today, okay?? I actually bought semicustom boots last year!!!

From previous thread::o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Dear fellow COTHers, please help. I am suffering from an affliction I didn't know existed: WTD. In fact, I'm not just one of those weekend hobbyists who occasionally enjoy a quaint escape into WTD, I actually have the WTDiness bred into me. Sigh... Here is my confession, please be gentle in your judgement. You see, I was the kid at the shows with the non-horsey, redneck-hippie parents (think clean jeans and an untorn sweatshirt as dress-up clothes), a fat buckskin pony that didn't have a left lead, horror of horrors, rubber dress boots because I couldn't afford leather during my first show season... you get the idea. Has anyone ever seen the Red Green show on PBS? Imagine Red Green go to a dressage show and you'll begin to see my predicament... I'm proud to say that I'm overcoming these humble roots and I can almost blend in with the best of the DQs now, provided that no one looks too closely. However, I'm scarred by one memory in particular. You see, my very supportive parents never had a lot of money to support my riding endeavors. Long story short, the trailer I ended up with was bought secondhand from a man who MADE it - from salvaged scrap metal. Now please understand it was completely safe and actually very well-built with a nice wood floor, rubber mats etc. At one time it even had a nice two-tone blue paint job, although the stick-on letters advertising his farm had half peeled off. Trouble was, he had never bothered to paint the INSIDE, so when I opened the back doors to lead out my dear fat pony, all the world could clearly see the red background and white script 'Frien...' on one side and "dly's' on the other! (I have no idea where he got hold of an old Friendly's sign, but there you have it). And wait, it does get worse... one particular day the usual truck we used to haul it broke down, so my dear dad came to the rescue. Did I mention he was a tow-truck operator? Yep, you guessed it, we arrived in the former-friendly's-sign trailer hitched to the bumper of a tow truck. What's an aspriring DQ to do? Thankfully we won a blue ribbon that day much to the horror of the curtain-bedecked and color-coded luxury monstrosity parked next to us. Sigh... This secret has been eating away at me for years. Thank you for listening.

Babs
Jun. 16, 2006, 05:17 PM
Heh! A WTD trailer could also be a pickup truck with plywood boards for sides, and a plywood ramp. For ponies, of course.

A passenger van works, too, with only a driver seat, of course. Kids and ponies can fight it out for space in the cargo section.

Oh, and for those who asked, Fried Squirrel tastes a lot like .. well, like chicken. What doesn't? Except the little legs are just so much flatter than chicken legs. :-(

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 16, 2006, 10:53 PM
You know, I am very distressed about YE. I was voting for Hooter's. And FYI Horse_Poor, it's TOFKATWTDA (The organization formally known as the White Trash dressage association).

Hopeful Hunter
Jun. 16, 2006, 11:08 PM

ROTFLMFAO...ooops...make that ROTFLM(completely acceptable regardless of its size, shape or color, gluteous maximus)O.

As a self-confessed Liberal Feminist, I find this class to be an outstanding idea! But, I think you forgot just a few qualifiers:

*All tack must be made of 90% recycled rubber, not to be from sneakers created using forced labor practices.
*While a test pattern will be provided, horses and riders are in now way encumbered to enact this pattern without personal input. Therefore, alternate directions and "interpretive riding" approaches are encouraged.
*Horses' natural output shall be recycled...manure must be added to the organic compost pile and all horses shall wear methane-collecting devices to aid the venue in its quest for alternative fuel sources.

And, I, too, humbly asked to be admitted to the hallowed (or maybe it's hollow) halls of WTD, despite my avowed leanings to being an aspiring hunter princess. I did offer my Flying Pigs saddle pad and matching bright blue midget spurs as proof of sincerity....

carp
Jun. 17, 2006, 12:24 AM
Heh! A WTD trailer could also be a pickup truck with plywood boards for sides, and a plywood ramp. For ponies, of course.

A passenger van works, too, with only a driver seat, of course. Kids and ponies can fight it out for space in the cargo section.

A used school bus will allow you to transport more kids and ponies. Horses can also be transported in a stake sided truck, although some people simply use a flatbed. Just tie the critter if you don't want it jumping off.

Jeepers
Jun. 17, 2006, 12:29 AM
Ooh, or a critter cage for the pony in a pickup bed...don't know the real name of those things...that's what we call them :p You know, normally people put sheep or calves in them...

It would be interesting to teach ponies to jump up into a truck bed :lol:

Eleanor
Jun. 17, 2006, 01:04 AM
Well this is one of the first threads of mine that has goone more then a page long.

Well this will the first show with a WTD class. (I am calling it "Redneck Dressage" just so that no one thinks I am putting down poor people.) If it goes over well as a fun flat class then maybe next year I will have the full dressage test for them to ride. We will have to see how this one goes and hope that everyone enjoys a make-fun-of-yourself class.

Horse poor, I am going to use your write up about WTD in the prize list I hope you don't mind.

Lancaster9
Jun. 17, 2006, 10:18 AM
As a self-confessed Liberal Feminist, I find this class to be an outstanding idea! But, I think you forgot just a few qualifiers:

*All tack must be made of 90% recycled rubber, not to be from sneakers created using forced labor practices.
*While a test pattern will be provided, horses and riders are in now way encumbered to enact this pattern without personal input. Therefore, alternate directions and "interpretive riding" approaches are encouraged.
*Horses' natural output shall be recycled...manure must be added to the organic compost pile and all horses shall wear methane-collecting devices to aid the venue in its quest for alternative fuel sources.

I love it! But we also need to add a rule to state that all horses must be paid a livable wage and musical kurs may only be ridden to "Where Have All the Flowers Gone", "Blowin in the Wind" or "We Shall Overcome"... Furthermore, there shall be no judges, and placings will be determined by group consensus with equal representation from all demographics. Additionally, conversations between horse and rider will not be covertly monitored, and therefore not penalized. Bonus points will be given to the horse/rider combination who most accurately imitates the Howard Dean scream at X. And above all, one must display the ability to laugh at oneself!! :lol: :lol:

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 17, 2006, 11:12 AM
Hopeful Hunter and Lancaster9, I hope I never have to compete against you guys, you're too good!

ThreeFigs
Jun. 17, 2006, 11:43 AM
AAAH! I love WTD! Wish we could get a class started here in Colorful Colorado! Actually, We do have a show manager who might be talked into adding such a class to her shows...

But Coloradoans, I fear, may lack the sense of humor to take WTD in the right spirit. Please, y'all, prove me wrong!

Now I'll describe my show truck & trailer, though I can't hope to compete with the homemade trailer and tow truck of Lancaster9. Back in the 1990's,I bought my trainer's rusty 1979 two-horse Imperial trailer. Rust cancer all over it. I pulled it with my mother's 1978 E-150 Ford Econoline van with fading airbrush painting on the sides of the Maroon Bells. The cargo portion of the van was lined with blue shag carpet. Original sound system (if you can call it that) was an 8-track tape deck and four speakers (Two broken ones). It used to have curtains in the windows, but over the years they got so tattered they were no longer much good for guaranteeing privacy. The driver's seat and passenger seat did not match. The van was developing rust cancer to match the trailer. My 800 pound Arab preferred riding backwards in the trailer, so I removed the center divider and let him ride with his head hanging out the back if he so chose. Boy, did we get startled looks on the highway! And admiring looks from 10-year-old boys who thought the van was AWESOME! (go figure)

That awful-looking van never failed to start up, was super reliable. But when I got a little extra cash, I bought a new (used, but less so) pickup truck and new trailer. I kinda miss the old outfit, though, it was SO UNIQUE among the fancy rigs the DQ's drive! There was no mistaking when Guy and I were at a show!

shawneeAcres
Jun. 17, 2006, 12:02 PM
Well, my white trash/Indian husband has chimed in that we have forgetten an EXTREMELY important qualification of this competition. The judges need to be attired in appropriate bib overalls and "Git er done" ball caps, the judges stand MUST be a m0bile home, prefereably '60's model with a front porch. Judges must be seated in a chevrolet truck bench seat, at LEAST two non-running home appliances adorning the porch and several assorted/sundry hounds dogs snoozing in apporpriate locations (corgis and JRT's will NOT be counted as hound dogs!!) In addition at least one vehicle MUST be up on blocks in the judges stand area.

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 17, 2006, 12:17 PM
Well, my white trash/Indian husband has chimed in that we have forgetten an EXTREMELY important qualification of this competition. The judges need to be attired in appropriate bib overalls and "Git er done" ball caps, the judges stand MUST be a m0bile home, prefereably '60's model with a front porch. Judges must be seated in a chevrolet truck bench seat, at LEAST two non-running home appliances adorning the porch and several assorted/sundry hounds dogs snoozing in apporpriate locations (corgis and JRT's will NOT be counted as hound dogs!!) In addition at least one vehicle MUST be up on blocks in the judges stand area.

Yes, this is absolutely the approved set up at regionals. However, for schooling shows and those shows where we are trying to elicit participation by DQs...well, you do what you can. Firecrackers are a plus, especially this time of year. There's nothing like the unseating of a DQ in white breeches to warm the cockles of a WTDer's heart. This is why the arenas are so heavily watered...and then they let the greased pig into the arena...how much fun is that?!

Kyzteke
Jun. 17, 2006, 01:44 PM

You guys are TOO funny! This thread just makes my day.

And here's an offer: if the judges will bring their own attire (above mentioned overalls and headgear), and they don't mind sitting in a FORD bench seat instead, you could have the regionals in my front yard, 'cause I think we're pretty much set in every other requirement.

You know, if this keeps up, dressage might actually be fun again some day...

horse_poor
Jun. 17, 2006, 06:54 PM
"Horse poor, I am going to use your write up about WTD in the prize list I hope you don't mind."

Heh, feel free!

And for those who are not in the know, WTD judges are selected in the following way....whomever sits on the lawnchair/overturned bucket with the piece of paper that says JUDGE on it taped to the bottom is in fact the judge.

I wore my WTD shirt to the barn today and the BO wants to add a WTD class to the next show. :p

I REALLY need to get this book done. :sigh:

MissFit
Jun. 17, 2006, 07:43 PM
Could one of the requirements for the class be that a friend borrowed your saddle pad without asking and you therefore had to show with a LION KING towel underneath your saddle (folded up so Simba was trying to bite your horse's a$$). Because, see, then I would already have qualified!

horse_poor
Jun. 17, 2006, 08:10 PM
Beach towels are fab WTD saddle pads.

I think Dressage Today needs to have a column for people to write in with their WTD questions.

And Eleanor-I really think changing the name to Redneck Dressage loses some of the charm, if there is such a thing as charm in WTD.

If you were not so far away, I would be thrilled to come judge it for you!

Reynard Ridge
Jun. 17, 2006, 08:33 PM
Could one of the requirements for the class be that a friend borrowed your saddle pad without asking and you therefore had to show with a LION KING towel underneath your saddle (folded up so Simba was trying to bite your horse's a$$). Because, see, then I would already have qualified!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love the True Confessions side of the WTD threads.

MissFit
Jun. 17, 2006, 08:40 PM
I made Reynard Ridge laugh! Luckily, I was on my WTD-Diva of a mare and she kept...moving (okay, bucking and bolting) enough that people really had to stare to figure out what was "on" the pad. :) :)

horse_poor
Jun. 17, 2006, 08:42 PM
Is it wrong that I am thrilled to be able to have some controversy to add to the book?

Reynard Ridge
Jun. 17, 2006, 10:04 PM
Is it wrong that I am thrilled to be able to have some controversy to add to the book?

Wrong. Very, very wrong. :no:

(Alas, there is no "snorting so hard you blow snot out of your nose" emoticon to go with the verbage, but please feel free to imagine).

horse_poor
Jun. 17, 2006, 10:23 PM
But, RR, isn't the fact that there is now controversy a good thing in the horse world????? :confused:

Babs
Jun. 18, 2006, 10:16 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reynard Ridge
Jun. 18, 2006, 11:13 AM
But, RR, isn't the fact that there is now controversy a good thing in the horse world????? :confused:

:mad: :mad: No! NO! NO! NO! NO!

You aren't listening to me Horse_poor! Controversy is not good!

Takes too dang long to do the bold and italic things, for one.

(And now we are officially infighting within the specialized world of WTD! That's part of my role, you know. To take things to the next level. :cool: )

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 18, 2006, 11:14 AM
WHY CAN'T DRESSAGE TODAY HAVE A "WTD CONFESSIONS" COLUMN???

In place of all the "How to Import Your $500,000,000,000 Warmblood and Add to the GNP of Whatever European Country Got You for a Sucker" pieces.

shawneeAcres
Jun. 18, 2006, 11:41 AM
:eek: well the trailer confession brought a tear to my eye...and brought back some long surpressed memories of my own. I too had a scarring memory of a trailer I used to use. THis trailer was owned by a friend and was not made of metal but of PLYWOOD! (yes fellow COTH'ers this IS a true story!).. Someone had taken some sort of a trailer frame (the kind with the itty itty wheels) and "Fashioned" a trailer, complete with ramp out of plywood, painting it the most LOVELY color of Turkey Turd Tan. There are two horrifying memories of said trailer. One being hauling to a show, probably 40 miles away and pulling up the long drivewa which had a raterh large speed bump. Upon crossing said speed bump I heard (and felt!) a "clunk" behind me. WTF I thought, was that??!! Out we jumped and HORRORS, the hitch had come CLEAN OFF THE BALL! (okay I never said the trailer was SAFE only somewhat useable, and being a 17 year old safety wasn't really tops in my mind, but the chase for the ever elusive blue ribbon was!). WEll it did require unloading the hroses, and picking up the tongue of the trailer to "resecure" it to the bumper, and yes we DID haul them back home in said trailer that afternoon! THe second memory was the demise of the trailer, sadly to say! My friend loaded her rather fractious young horse into the trailer one day, upon which he commenced to object, rather violently I might add. We stood and watched as LITERALLY the sides of the trailer heaved in and out like a giant bellows! At any minute we figured the top would blow and the horse would be ejected!!! Needless to say once the fireworks slowed down, the horse was unloaded, said trailer had lost it's road worthiness and we sadly let it go to it;s maker! Ahhhhh.... the unmitigated white trashiness of it all!

Jeepers
Jun. 18, 2006, 11:52 AM

In place of all the "How to Import Your $500,000,000,000 Warmblood and Add to the GNP of Whatever European Country Got You for a Sucker" pieces.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reynard Ridge
Jun. 18, 2006, 01:02 PM

(RR sighs the deep sigh of the long suffering). Geek. You know the grants you write? The ones you put your heartsblood into? And then send off all hopeful and optimistic? And hope and pray that you get funded because the future of the world will be better if only you can get funding?

Well, writers do something similar (although, frankly, only the really Truman Capote-like ones think the future of the world is at stake). It's called a Query Letter. And while they may take less time than a grant, they are a ripping pain in the butt to do and take forever.

h_p, just out of curiosity, are you planning to do any PR with this book? I (as you well know because I am like a broken record on this one) do think WTD would make a hilarious magazine article - and - maybe it would be popular enough to be a regular column. And you could certainly use the publicity to sell the book.

So, despite my sigh of the long suffering ;) , I do think the Geek has a great point. Although since I know how much work it is and am not doing it myself right now, I would offcially be in Pot Calling the Kettle Black Camp. :cool:

Reynard Ridge
Jun. 18, 2006, 01:03 PM
:eek: painting it the most LOVELY color of Turkey Turd Tan.

OMGiH, I am CRYING!

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 18, 2006, 01:08 PM
(RR sighs the deep sigh of the long suffering). Geek. You know the grants you write? The ones you put your heartsblood into? And then send off all hopeful and optimistic? And hope and pray that you get funded because the future of the world will be better if only you can get funding?

Well, writers do something similar (although, frankly, only the really Truman Capote-like ones think the future of the world is at stake). It's called a Query Letter. And while they may take less time than a grant, they are a ripping pain in the butt to do and take forever.

h_p, just out of curiosity, are you planning to do any PR with this book? I (as you well know because I am like a broken record on this one) do think WTD would make a hilarious magazine article - and - maybe it would be popular enough to be a regular column. And you could certainly use the publicity to sell the book.

So, despite my sigh of the long suffering ;) , I do think the Geek has a great point. Although since I know how much work it is and am not doing it myself right now, I would offcially be in Pot Calling the Kettle Black Camp. :cool:
I could proofread. Not for spelling or grammar or anything like that, but I could tell you why you will be turned down after reading only the first few sentences. Oh. Wait. I think Dressage Today has more money than the National Science Foundation.

Okay. I can read it for non clarity, how's that? And you can tell me whether you are aiming for non clarity or not, because with WTD, that's a serious issue.

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 18, 2006, 01:09 PM
I think it critical to note that this is the fastest moving thread on the Dressage Forum. And you can't entirely blame me, as I have not been posting much these past few days.

Hmmm...discuss amongst yourselves. The DQs may be too verklempt to do so.

Babs
Jun. 18, 2006, 01:14 PM
...verklempt...

Verwhat?

ThreeFigs
Jun. 18, 2006, 01:30 PM
Oh, thank you, THANK YOU, shawneeAcres for your tale of the plywood trailer! I think you win the title for the most WTD-worthy trailer! I was howling!

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 18, 2006, 01:43 PM
Verwhat?

From an old Mike Meyers skit on Saturday Night Live. Which I must have seen in utero, because I'm much to young to have seen it when it originally aired. Maybe I saw it in reruns..yeah, that's right...reruns...

horse_poor
Jun. 18, 2006, 04:50 PM
RR-No publicity planned. It is going to be a quiet, self published piece of literature (and I use that word very lightly). Not looking to be a best seller. As you know, WTDers are very quiet about their involvement int he sport.

Reynard Ridge
Jun. 18, 2006, 05:24 PM
RR-No publicity planned. It is going to be a quiet, self published piece of literature (and I use that word very lightly). Not looking to be a best seller. As you know, WTDers are very quiet about their involvement int he sport.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Can I at least write a PR piece for you and send it to all the GMOs in USDF and USEA?!? Email makes this easy! The Geek will help me! It will be great! (Note: Of course, this is a huge conflict of interest for me, but I am sure we can work out the timing).

horse_poor
Jun. 18, 2006, 05:31 PM
RR-WTD is something that is not taken seriously, not something a whole lot of people have interest in-the only reason I am compiling the book is because it is a great collection of laughs for myself and a few others.

And frankly, as I sit in front of all 100 pages of it and stare at it, I wonder why in the hell I am doing it. It really, at this point in time, is not long enough for a book, too long for a magazine article, too hard to break into pieces for a series in a magazine. So it will sit in my computer and slowly grow as I add to it until it is lengthy enough for a book. I do not think 100 pages a book makes. That will only make about a 50 page book. And it will maybe sell 10 copies.

Self publishing is a PITA. I fear a publisher would change it to something I do not want it to be.

It really has turned into a thorn in my side. I just want it done, but it is simply not ready. And if it is going to be done, it needs to be done right. There is more there, I just have not formed it as of yet. Driving home from the barn, I actually toyed with the idea of hitting the delete file button when I got home.

mbj
Jun. 18, 2006, 08:33 PM
100 pages is perfect if you get Bonnie Timmons to illustrate it!

Reynard Ridge
Jun. 18, 2006, 08:52 PM
:no: Oh, 'Olly, so sorry, I didn't mean to be such a PITA.

I am so pushy because I love the stuff you write and think it deserves a wider audience. And call me crazy (you won't be the first), but if you could sell a couple of thousand copies through some PR, viral marketing and some direct marketing, I would think it would generate some income to offset your time.

Anyway, I'll PT you later. Trying to get the wee ones to bed and then need to get hay in the hayloft before it rains tomorrow. :(

horse_poor
Jun. 18, 2006, 09:37 PM
RR-I have spent from my last post until now working on this damn thing. It is in an 11 point font and I am gearing it at a typical paperback, which is about 4.18" x 6.88" which translates as 174 pages in that format with spacing at 1.5. Then I get the joy of doing a front cover and spine.

If this ever happens, it is not for money-it is because it has evolved into whatever it is. And I loff to write.

Any illustrations in it are by my son-I have to get them scanned in. But COTHers have generously donated their WTD photo moments, so there are photos. :yes:

Eleanor
Jun. 18, 2006, 10:49 PM
Ok I have a WTD trailer story. My very first horse trailer that I paid money for was a one horse plywood trailer. Yes just one horse. It had no top and the first time I was able to get my Arab gelding in to it he turned around in it to get out. I have no idea how he did it as it was the size of a very small horse. then we tried to get him in it again, I got him in but I had to climb over the top to get out as it didn't have a door for people to get out. Well over I go then over comes my horse right behind me only...... he didn't make it all the way over he got hung up and then after about 5 mins (felt like forever) he launched himself over. Man after that I told my mom that he was never going in there again and I would just ride him to to pony club. So I sold the trailer on to some other WTD person. And I rode my horse 6 miles to lessons every Tuseday night. Then a year later we got a small two horse trailer. And that horse still wouldn't stay in the trailer unless I rode with him. So I use to ride in the back of the truck with the feed door open so I could talk to him and keep him quite.

Ya I have ton of WTD stories from when I had that horse man did he not like being a show horse.

When I had that trailering problem it was a week before a event. So I had called and changed horses. I had a old mare that was a pack horse she had a big trot but she was not the best for riding in small areas (like 20x40 dressage rings) So I took her to the event well after my dressage test the judge came up to me and told me that he was just happy that I stayed on. my test read 1 & 2's tell it came to rider where I got a 7. The bottom read "Thank you for not falling off". we where last after dressage and ended up 5th over all at the end of the x-country.

horse_poor
Jun. 19, 2006, 10:19 AM
Eleanor, if it brings you any comfort, my very straight edge dressage trainer is adding a WTD class to her next schooling show-she thinks it is a fab idea!

Eleanor
Jun. 19, 2006, 11:02 AM
Horse poor, that is great. I ordered horse neck ribbons in my barn colors with "Skorrybrook Farm Redneck Dressage" on them. Then I am going to do medallions with the placing on them for the riders. I was thinking it would be a great way just to have fun at the end of all the dressage and before the jumping. I know that for me the worst part is the dressage as I am trying to keep me and horse together and remember my tests. So I hope that it goes over good.
I would have stayed with WTD but I don't want anyone to take it the worry way, I just want to have fun with it. We will see how it goes with this show, if it goes over well then next year we will go back to calling it WTD.

By the way for the medallions I am going to use flated pop cans, would use beer cans but I don't drink beer. and the neck ribbons for the medallions is going to be bale twine. What do you think?

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 19, 2006, 11:10 AM
Eleanor - as a groundbreaker - we will need pictures. This is just the first step to us taking over the dressage world. Soon, Europeans will be banging on our doors to bring back some over priced shetland/QH/donkey/appaloosa/?? cross for WTD. And of course, the will never be able to compete with us.

Babs
Jun. 20, 2006, 04:25 PM
Horse Poor - sorry you are having your moments of doubt about WTD. Can I help inspire you? Let's see, when I was at Walmart yesterday, I saw tube tops on sale! Not just any kind of tube top but sequined ones. And better yet, brown faux fur ones! Yes, a little overpriced at $5 but I expect to pick one up at the remainder store in town in a week or two.

Which leads to an attire question - if my horse is bay, should I attempt to match her coloring with the brown faux fur TT? Or compliment it with the sequined model.

Gnalli
Jun. 20, 2006, 05:49 PM

Oh, and for those who asked, Fried Squirrel tastes a lot like .. well, like chicken. What doesn't? Except the little legs are just so much flatter than chicken legs. :-(

Hey!!I resemble those remarks!!

Exhibit A) My daddy had a 1976 one ton Chevrolet that he bought new, and ordered with the wooden panels that are removable. My ponies rode many a mile in that thing. They looked quite cute in it, 1 being a sorrel and the other a blood bay in a blue truck.

Exhibit B. and C. We have brought ponies home in the back of panel vans and Suburbans before, and currently, we are going back and forth as to which to do: turn the 91 cargo van into a camper or a mini hauler for the mini my husband wants. Of course, he has also threatened to turn my 2 horse bp into a double decker mini hauler, now that he has a welder. :eek:

As far as the squirrel, well, yeah, squirel dumplings are good. So is venison....fix it like stirfry...and rabbits definitely taste like very lean chicken....much to the dismay of my 10 yr old who believes she IS a rabbit.

Gnalli
Jun. 20, 2006, 05:53 PM
AAAH! I love WTD! Wish we could get a class started here in Colorful Colorado! Actually, We do have a show manager who might be talked into adding such a class to her shows...

But Coloradoans, I fear, may lack the sense of humor to take WTD in the right spirit. Please, y'all, prove me wrong!

Now I'll describe my show truck & trailer, though I can't hope to compete with the homemade trailer and tow truck of Lancaster9. Back in the 1990's,I bought my trainer's rusty 1979 two-horse Imperial trailer. Rust cancer all over it. I pulled it with my mother's 1978 E-150 Ford Econoline van with fading airbrush painting on the sides of the Maroon Bells. The cargo portion of the van was lined with blue shag carpet. Original sound system (if you can call it that) was an 8-track tape deck and four speakers (Two broken ones). It used to have curtains in the windows, but over the years they got so tattered they were no longer much good for guaranteeing privacy. The driver's seat and passenger seat did not match. The van was developing rust cancer to match the trailer. My 800 pound Arab preferred riding backwards in the trailer, so I removed the center divider and let him ride with his head hanging out the back if he so chose. Boy, did we get startled looks on the highway! And admiring looks from 10-year-old boys who thought the van was AWESOME! (go figure)

That awful-looking van never failed to start up, was super reliable. But when I got a little extra cash, I bought a new (used, but less so) pickup truck and new trailer. I kinda miss the old outfit, though, it was SO UNIQUE among the fancy rigs the DQ's drive! There was no mistaking when Guy and I were at a show!

:cool: :lol: Too funny. I said it before, and I will say it again, the best bit of revenge at those who look down on you is to pull up in a rig like that, unload a horse that does not fit their ideal and clean their clock in the arena. Love it love it love it.

horse_poor
Jun. 20, 2006, 10:19 PM
No more WTD doubts here :D Spent the day revising and formatting the little gem and am ready to order a printed copy to review before its release.

All of these WTD stories make my day!

Reynard Ridge
Jun. 20, 2006, 10:33 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Can't wait.

MagicRoseFarm
Jun. 20, 2006, 11:12 PM
first a question,,

since the butt ripped out of my favorite old men's plaid flannel pajamas.. and i dont sew.. what would the appropriate undergarment be? are thongs legal?

My mom took the back seat out of dad's cherry red 1965 mustang convertible to haul home our first pony AND had the back seat reinstalled BEFORE he got hoime from work that day...

next.,,at 23 years old I was married and had a $150 small step up 6' qh trailer.. It was also my feed and tack room. I kept the grain and hay in one side, and hauled my 16.2 hand Hanoverian cross that I bought, broke and trained in the other...
a head bumper prevented him from rubbing his scalp on the ceiling..
but his big hiney bent the back door.. he travelled to a hundred hunts( yes I helped clean kennels to foxhunt) and a dozen recognized combined training events this way( which he won literally every one at novice and training.. He never once said "sorry mom, don't think so"...

He lived in two strands of electric fence with a run in shed for a year, with a $20 auction companion. while I lived in a $600 trailer that we put on our own farmland, bought with money given to us in 10$ increments by our friends at our wedding reception with a heavy metal band and three kegs of beer for entertainment... the whole town came.. That was a quarter of a century ago, we have come a long way,,, thanks to ingenuity, duct tape, a hammer, a pair of channellocks, and sum cinderblocks.. and I would not trade my WTD heritage for anything !

Farrier's Daughter
Jun. 21, 2006, 08:22 AM
MagicRoseFarm,

What a great beginning! I almost feel disappointed that when I came to visit you this winter, your home, barn and fields looked so nice...not a single rusted trailer in sight..:lol: :lol:

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 21, 2006, 01:19 PM
The important thing is, can we either take over the Dressage Forum (so it becomes the White trash Dressage Forum) or get one of our own and have everyone except the DQs migrate over?

horse_poor
Jun. 21, 2006, 01:37 PM
Geek, you are asking the impossible. There is no way WTD can beat out the DQs :no:

However, the book will be small enough to stash in a pocket and pull out and read the WTD rules or WTD qualifications outloud to the DQ and watch her put her hands over her ears and scream and beg for mercy....

carolprudm
Jun. 21, 2006, 05:35 PM
Since I misplaced the dowel I use for a "carot stick" can I use my neon pink fly swatter or should I use a piece of PVC pipe?

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 21, 2006, 06:05 PM
Since I misplaced the dowel I use for a "carot stick" can I use my neon pink fly swatter or should I use a piece of PVC pipe?

depends. You could borrow a DQ's imported European dressage whip...or use a hanger from the dry cleaners that you have unbent and forced into the appropriate shape.

Reynard Ridge
Jun. 21, 2006, 07:10 PM
I am just distressed that I didn't get to get the photo I wanted included (I know, h_p, you could add it later, but it just wouldn't be the same :no: ).

I was planning a pas de deux photo. Me (in my white trash dressage one of a kind golf shirt), my Pony and one of my chickens.

Alas, the shirt would never have been white again, but it would have been worth it!!!!

horse_poor
Jun. 21, 2006, 07:55 PM
RR, take the picture!!!!! A spot in the WTD Hall of Fame has been reserved for you!

Eleanor
Jun. 21, 2006, 11:55 PM
Well if we get to add pictures, I have one from 2000. One of my mares foaled and my ex took a photos of me wearing, my Red house coat with a blue plaid mens shirt/coat over top and in my rubber boats. Yes that is one bad photo of me but a great one of the filly.

CrazyDog
Jun. 22, 2006, 04:15 AM

I love it! I really do...

CrazyDog
Jun. 22, 2006, 04:34 AM
A used school bus will allow you to transport more kids and ponies. Horses can also be transported in a stake sided truck, although some people simply use a flatbed. Just tie the critter if you don't want it jumping off.

As seen on the streets of Dubai, UAE.

My husband and I were driving to the barn...erm, riding centre, when we saw this. I was too surprised to feel terribly shocked, but not too surprised to whip out the camera we conveniently had in the glove box!

The truck was driving at about 80 km/hr on a crowded road in Dubai and the horse was enjoying the view.

Reynard Ridge
Jun. 22, 2006, 06:45 AM
Wow. :eek:

Hey, whatever works for you, I say.

horse_poor
Jun. 22, 2006, 09:21 AM
Oh my. Well, at least the horse got lots of fresh air.

RR, I NEED that picture. BTW, I just got my WTD hat, Bring Your Own Duct Tape, and My WTD Horse Can Outsquealbuckfart Your Prix St. George Horse shirts and they are fabulous!

Babs
Jun. 22, 2006, 09:47 AM
The important thing is, can we either take over the Dressage Forum (so it becomes the White trash Dressage Forum) ...

Ooh excellent thought. I am all for a takeover attempt. DQs will really appreciate it because a good laugh is so good for the ab muscles which are essential for getting that good half halt.

For example, a recent question in the the, ahem, 'real' Dressage Forum was "What to wear when the coat rule is waived?" We could respond with "A tube top is acceptable" - do you think the 'real' dressage forum ladies will aprreciate the humor?? ;-)

slc2
Jun. 22, 2006, 10:20 AM
i think the trash should include wearing a very ill fitting short shadbelly. i find that hysterical. make the tails about mid butt.

horse_poor
Jun. 22, 2006, 10:24 AM
Ooh excellent thought. I am all for a takeover attempt. DQs will really appreciate it because a good laugh is so good for the ab muscles which are essential for getting that good half halt.

For example, a recent question in the the, ahem, 'real' Dressage Forum was "What to wear when the coat rule is waived?" We could respond with "A tube top is acceptable" - do you think the 'real' dressage forum ladies will aprreciate the humor?? ;-)

I double dog dare you!:cool:

Jeepers
Jun. 22, 2006, 12:33 PM
i think the trash should include wearing a very ill fitting short shadbelly. i find that hysterical. make the tails about mid butt.

must have a beer belly sticking out the bottom!! or muffintops or whatever...

Reynard Ridge
Jun. 22, 2006, 01:27 PM
RR, I NEED that picture. BTW, !

OK. I'll talk to Mr. RR about it. Maybe he can come out tomorrow morning when I ride.

I was hoping to have my dad take it last weekend when he was down for father's day, but I ended up cooking dinner instead. :rolleyes: You know, you give them one day a year and they expect all kinds of STUFF from you.

carolprudm
Jun. 23, 2006, 11:33 AM
As seen on the streets of Dubai, UAE.

My husband and I were driving to the barn...erm, riding centre, when we saw this. I was too surprised to feel terribly shocked, but not too surprised to whip out the camera we conveniently had in the glove box!

The truck was driving at about 80 km/hr on a crowded road in Dubai and the horse was enjoying the view.
When I was going to school in KY horses were regularly transported that way....without the rails. Boggled my mind that horses would actually JUMP into the back of a pickup.

ThreeFigs
Jun. 23, 2006, 01:22 PM
When I was going to school in KY horses were regularly transported that way....without the rails. Boggled my mind that horses would actually JUMP into the back of a pickup.

Oh, yeah! On my cousin's ranch in the 1940's and 50's, ranch horses were regularly transported in the beds of pickups -- but with some kind of railing to keep them in there. Pickups back then had wooden floors, so not much different from our stock trailers. And with rubber liners in truckbeds nowadays, should be no problem, right?

Maybe I'll remove my campertop, put up stake sides, and teach Bea to jump into the back of the truck. I can reclaim the glory of my WTD days driving the rusty Maroon Bells van and trailer!! DQ's will tremble when they see Bea proudly observing the showgrounds from her lofty perch, bugs spattered on her blaze and stuck in her teeth! I can see it now...

ThreeFigs
Jun. 23, 2006, 01:24 PM
I double dog dare you!:cool:

Ooh, ooh! I'll do it!!!

Karla
Jun. 23, 2006, 02:57 PM
I think being braless is mandatory. Extra points for "wardrobe malfunction". Perhaps a blingy nipple ring?

Extra points for:
flip flops
talking on cell phone
drinking a beer, preferably a coors
ponying anouther horse with bailing twine around its neck

Karla

horse_poor
Jun. 23, 2006, 03:15 PM
Ooh, ooh! I'll do it!!!

OK! Yay!!!:D

edited to add: BRAVO!*clapping like the idiots on Family Feud and shouting Good Answer Good Answer!*

Drive NJ
Jun. 23, 2006, 03:36 PM
There are a LOT of trailer options out there. One of my former 4-H kids decided she had to have a horse her first year of college. Wanted to buy the horse (who needed to be over 16H and bay back when that brought a higher price), saddle, bridle, et.al. AND pay at least one month's board with her $1000. A few years later she decided to buy a trailer and found a vehicle in PA that was a converted van - yes for her over 16H horse. There was a driver and passenger seat and then the horse in the rest of the van with majorly raised roof No divider between.

But that doesn't come close to the ultimate in WT trailering from the mid 1970s in NEW JERSEY! Coming down a 4 lane divided highway at about 55 mph was a rusty old farm truck - the big dump truck type pulling a heavy equipment flatbed (low to ground). On the trailer was a bale of hay with a 10 yo kid sitting on it holding a lead line. On the end of the lead was - YUP his horse... all saddled and bridled and ready to go :eek: :eek: :eek:

For those of you familiar with the state, it was Route 22 near Whitehouse Station.

For WTDers, what a way to display what ya got on your way in to the show and SO useful for other jobs the rest of the week too.

horse_poor
Jun. 23, 2006, 03:52 PM
But that doesn't come close to the ultimate in WT trailering from the mid 1970s in NEW JERSEY! Coming down a 4 lane divided highway at about 55 mph was a rusty old farm truck - the big dump truck type pulling a heavy equipment flatbed (low to ground). On the trailer was a bale of hay with a 10 yo kid sitting on it holding a lead line. On the end of the lead was - YUP his horse... all saddled and bridled and ready to go :eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG-I am snorting I am laughing so hard at this visual! I am picturing a kid in overalls and a straw hat and a fat pony....

And I have to know-was the pony eatting the hay??

ThreeFigs
Jun. 24, 2006, 12:04 PM
Uh, I think my post regarding tube tops killed the "What to wear when coats are waived" thread. I feel guilty for killing an innocent little thread.

horse_poor
Jun. 24, 2006, 12:05 PM
Ah. but Beasmom, it was a triple dog dare...you HAD to do it....

Did you leave the DQs speechless? :eek:

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 24, 2006, 01:32 PM
Uh, I think my post regarding tube tops killed the "What to wear when coats are waived" thread. I feel guilty for killing an innocent little thread.

You should NEVER feel guilty over this!:D

ThreeFigs
Jun. 24, 2006, 08:36 PM

Wouldn't that be that "ganimedes" coat?? Dunno if my spelling is right, but it's that hideous short coat with a shadbelly type front. Man, you better NOT have a beer gut! Or a beer butt...

Edited to add, yes the DQ's are speechless on the "when coats are waived" thread. Startin' to wonder what other threads deserve killing...

Babs
Jun. 25, 2006, 08:55 AM
...Startin' to wonder what other threads deserve killing...

(whispering) ... rollkur - they are really way overheated on that subject ...

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 25, 2006, 08:58 AM

yep...nothing like derailing a train wreck to bring a smile to your face...

horse_poor
Jun. 25, 2006, 12:42 PM
So...tube tops are the answer to rollkur issues? Splendid!

ThreeFigs
Jun. 25, 2006, 01:32 PM

I'm on it! And what about the "bitless dressage" debate...though those people may be WTD prospects...it's an irritating thread, nonetheless.

horse_poor
Jun. 25, 2006, 06:56 PM
True story:

Our barn goes to a show this weekend. Coats are waived due to heat. Judge writes on one of the teen's tests "Annoyed by flopping body parts." Note to self-always wear a coar to hold in flopping body parts.

At the same show, friend scratched due to injury to her horse. Informed show management. While holding a horse for someone, she hears her name as next to go. She says, "WTF?" Goes to show office and discovers they scratched someone else with the same last name.

Such things never happen in WTD.. Flopping body parts are encouraged.

Farrier's Daughter
Jun. 25, 2006, 10:07 PM
Uh, would these be flopping body parts only while riding or body parts that flop when walking...or laughing...or even (shh!!) body parts that keep moving a second after the rest of you stops moving:lol:

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 25, 2006, 10:10 PM
No flopping body parts when you wrap your body in vet wrap. Or duct tape.

horse_poor
Jun. 25, 2006, 10:23 PM
Well, the judge was not detailed in her description of said body parts. One can only assume. (It should be mentioned this rider is not fat.)

Reynard Ridge
Jun. 27, 2006, 08:28 AM
True story: "Annoyed by flopping body parts."

Interesting, but understandable. I have body parts that flop - head, hands, legs. All of these things should not flop but do. (Shrug) Hey, someday I may learn to ride better. Or maybe not. Meanwhile, I flop, and slip and twist. All kinds of fun stuff probably better suited to the Disco Era than riding.

horse_poor
Jun. 27, 2006, 10:33 AM
Which is why one should always wear a coat-coats hold in all flopping body parts.

Reynard Ridge
Jun. 27, 2006, 02:55 PM
I am going to a show this afternoon - schooling type deal. I am riding two eventing tests. I am thinking of wearing half chaps and a tipperary helmet (assuming rummaging around in my tack truck I can locate an old one). It is freaking pouring here and I just can't bear the thought of exposing expensive helmet, wool jacket and leather boots to the elements.

If only I could use my cotton hackamore bridle and do the damn test bareback! Or. Maybe I could just stay home. :cool:

Anyway, if I go, I will be flopping. It's too wet for wool, no matter how you cut it. :D

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 27, 2006, 05:52 PM
RR - hope this is in time before you go - isn't duct tape waterproof?

Good luck. I am rooting for you to take Year End Awards in the Tuesday Series. And if not, I will buy you your own ribbon that will be FAR nicer than anything anyone else got. We can pour over the Hodge's website and decide.

Jeepers
Jun. 27, 2006, 07:48 PM
When wet, duct tape will probably still stick to it's self, but it falls off of almost everything else... I am experienced in these matters :p Not so good for patching up anything when it's raining. It'll still stick to metal though... so if you need to patch a hole in your ancient metal canoe to get groceries in this weather it just might work!

I think it has stopped raining here...yay!!!

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 27, 2006, 07:52 PM
That is why RR needs to get dressed in the car or tack room, and then go out in the rain. Sheesh. You are an amateur when it comes to duct tape, I tell ya!

Jeepers
Jun. 27, 2006, 07:55 PM
That is why RR needs to get dressed in the car or tack room, and then go out in the rain. Sheesh. You are an amateur when it comes to duct tape, I tell ya!

:lol: It'll still fall off after a little while in the rain, trust me :winkgrin:

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 27, 2006, 08:00 PM
Yes, but then she can score big points for WTD eventing.

Reynard Ridge
Jun. 27, 2006, 09:20 PM
The rain missed us! :cool: With 7pm ride times, I zoomed in, did my tests in record time (which for the record is actually not a good thing :no: ) and zoomed home just as the skies reopened. OMGiH, the rain is amazing. The Delaware river is looking vvveerrrryyyy scary right about now. Luckily, I live on a ridge. :cool:

Pony did about as expected. She scored in the mid-30s for both the Beginner Novice tests. Well, actually, I made an error in the first test, so technically, WE scored in the high-30s. But since the error was not the Pony's fault, I stand by the original statement that SHE scored in the mid-30s. :cool:

Thank you for all of your suggestions. I should have brought a chicken with me and duct taped it to the saddle. A few WTD points and I would have scored in the LOW-30s!

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 28, 2006, 01:40 PM
I really like the idea of duct taping the chicken to the saddle - front or back? Or both? How about a small one with nice plumage attatche dto the browband instead of a fly net?

I assume you are creaming the young children to beat them out for YE awards in the Tuesday series...right?

ThreeFigs
Jun. 28, 2006, 02:49 PM
Duct-taped a chicken to the saddle? What have I missed? Sounds like a very good way to motivate Bea to pick 'em up and put 'em down. Rapidly.

Next time you have to show in rainy weather, take a tip from Red Rocks Park concert-goers. The black plastic trash bag with a slit cut out for your face & hands would be appropriate. And black is so correct and formal...

And a smaller trash bag for the chicken.

horse_poor
Jun. 30, 2006, 11:25 AM
Beasmom-do you want to know something frightening? I suggested the trash bag look on the thread in Off Course, without ANY idea you made the same suggestion. OMG. WTD minds think alike. I even suggested one for the chicken.

ThreeFigs
Jun. 30, 2006, 12:01 PM
Beasmom-do you want to know something frightening? I suggested the trash bag look on the thread in Off Course, without ANY idea you made the same suggestion. OMG. WTD minds think alike. I even suggested one for the chicken.

Be afraid -- be very afraid! I had no idea we were sharing the same brain. Or the same suggestions on parallel threads!!

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Jun. 30, 2006, 12:19 PM
oooo-eeeeeeeeee-oooooooo