PDA

View Full Version : Roll call for Rubicon

PiedPiper
Jun. 5, 2006, 01:59 PM
Hey!

Who is signed up and competing!?! I will be there on Sunday for Beginner Novice. Very excited since I have actually never ridden there. Have been signed up for three horse trials (this being the fourth) that where either cancelled due to too much rain or horse injury. So knocking on wood :D I will be there!

Also sidenote if any interest, Gillian Clissold is willing to do a course walk Saturday evening if there is any interest. PT if you are. :D

texang73
Jun. 5, 2006, 02:47 PM
Won't be riding as the current horse is semi-retired... but will be there taking pictures! :cool:

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 5, 2006, 03:45 PM
I'll be there! :D The Princess's last Novice (probably), and one of my students' last Novice (probably), and one of my other students (who usually does Novice) is dropping down to BN since she hasn't had a chance to prepare as thoroughly as usual this spring. (I'm hoping she's up to it; she just lost a horse to colic about a week ago :sigh: She posted about it on this board...I'm sure she *sincerely* appreciated all of the sympathy and kindness shown by the other BBers on the Eventing board...)

Anyway, Rubicon is *always* great; I'm really looking forward to it! :) Supposedly they have some new jumps and a new track, which should be interesting! I believe S4Zeus is going Training there.)

B Street Tango
Jun. 5, 2006, 05:58 PM
I'll be there...although I won't be riding like I had originally planned. After struggling at Waredaca, I decided my saint of a horse needed/deserved a professional ride. I've already contacted Rubicon and switched him to OBN, they were very accomadating. But I'll definitely be there Sunday cheering my boy on!

PiedPiper
Jun. 5, 2006, 06:06 PM
Tango-

Hey! What happened!?! I will give you a call but I am so sorry to hear that things didn't go well at Waredaca. :( Who are you having ride him?

Well, at the very least, I will see you there and I haven't seen you in forever! :D (well a couple weeks at least.) :winkgrin:

Hey, I have a question on the Off Course, now oops, but did your truck come with the gooseneck hitch or did you have it put in? Trying to get pricing for a trailer I am looking at. Seriously considering a three horse! :)

B Street Tango
Jun. 5, 2006, 06:21 PM
Came with, I just had to replace the drop-in ball-thingie. :D

I'll talk to you later and fill you in on all the gorry details...and maybe share the carnage if the pics turn out. ;) LOL

JustJump250
Jun. 5, 2006, 07:38 PM
I'll be there in the ON. Hopefully TJ goes like she did yesterday at Waredaca, we'll be set! Looking forward to seeing the new fences this year too.

cjmicro
Jun. 5, 2006, 08:18 PM
Hi all,

I was planning to be at Rubicon, and began to get into panic (I-haven't-schooled-much-and-I'm-sure-my-horse-has-forgotten-how-to-jump) mode, so I went schooling today. After just a few teeny warmup jumps (not very good ones either), trip, ouch ouch... lame horse. He torqued a shoe and then stepped on a clip and a nail. LOVELY.

I'm still planning to come either way, but it might not be to ride. Farrier comes tomorrow to put shoe back on, so wish me luck!

Cheryl & Opus, the lame one.
I'll be in a green truck and ugly brown tagalong, or not <g>

NorthStar95
Jun. 5, 2006, 10:17 PM
I will be there with my 5 year old doing the Novice thing. I've heard great things about the horse trial - it will be my first time there.

yellowbritches
Jun. 5, 2006, 10:30 PM
Ralphy boy- the supreme nap master general- and I are making our move back up to prelim on Saturday, I'm coaching one of our client's through his first horse trial (BN) and Sheryl has told me I can have any no shows on Sunday for BN, since the horses are literally right next door.

The course looks lovely! Some fun new things for all levels. We were visiting this morning and will be flagging and setting up stadium throughout the week.

I am a mix of total excitement...last year before Ralph got sick I was getting to the point were prelim, although still terrifying, was also starting to be a heck of a lot of fun...and complete and under terror, mostly for dressage and show jumping (the halt-reinback is the bane of my existence!). My mom is coming, her first time seeing us go prelim, and I keep getting these moments of panic where I want to call her and say never mind! argh :eek:

Good luck to everyone! To those who are partaking of the wonder that is Rubicon for the first time, enjoy! Great courses, great people!!

oreo
Jun. 5, 2006, 11:10 PM
I'm going to start a new thread on this but Rubicon needs volunteers. This is a great HT so if you can help please let Eric know: eric_williams@agilent.com

I hope this doesn't get deleted b/c i posted his e-mail adress.

S4zeus
Jun. 6, 2006, 12:12 AM
I will be going Training. My third go at Training. I most definatly won't be thinking about time faults. After a clean go at Elysian Hills, a xc with no jump faults is my goal. It would also be nice if I could repeat my dressage score from Elysian Hills. Anyways. Yes, Dr. D was correct. I will be going training.

bambam
Jun. 6, 2006, 10:51 AM
Soundness gods permitting, I will be there for training too :)
Cannot wait- I love Rubicon.

Invested1
Jun. 6, 2006, 10:55 AM
I'll be there Saturday doing NR! Yay! :D

Invested1
Jun. 6, 2006, 02:37 PM
Hey Sarah,
I shot you a PT....

EvntRydr
Jun. 6, 2006, 06:50 PM
As Dr. Doolittle pointed out Wishes and I are signed up for Rubicon. I bumped down to BN (when I had hoped to finish this season at Training) because of several surgeries over the last month. I am feeling better but it has kept me from legging Wish up and really preparing. So... better to go easy then to go bust.

I am looking forward to getting out and riding Wish at our first HT of the year. Usually we have done a few by now but with my illness, etc I haven't shown him since last Nov. when I hurt my back.

I believe it was RAyers who said my mare who I just lost would be galloping along with me on the XC. I plan to remember her in our performance.

I look forward to seeing everyone there. I will be volunteering on Sat also.

yellowbritches
Jun. 7, 2006, 08:05 AM
I scratched yesterday. Ralph's an ass. We have major decisions to make in regards to what I'm going to do with him.:mad:

Hopefully, I'll get a BN slot for one of the babies, so I can at least have some fun with them. :sadsmile:

cjmicro
Jun. 7, 2006, 08:15 AM
Sorry to hear you had to scratch, yellow britches. I did get my horse's shoe back on, not sure if he's sound, but he should be. I'll test him out today.

With that out of the way I can get back to just panicking about how we have forgotten how to jump nicely... and that I haven't had a dressage lesson in EONS (but luckily my horse is decent at it in spite of me).

So... off to test him today with some flat work, then jump tomorrow to HOPEFULLY remember how...

See you all there, the weather is looking GREAT!! Times are supposed to be posted today, so we should see who is in each other's divisions. I don't think I will recognize you by the names posted here!

Cheryl & Opus, look for the short chubby chick with short brown hair on a fabulously handsome chestnut gentleman.

PiedPiper
Jun. 7, 2006, 12:15 PM
Times are out!

I am going Sunday

Dressage: 06/11/2006 01:27 pm
Cross Country: 06/11/2006 03:47 pm
Stadium: 06/11/2006 03:12 pm

KateDB
Jun. 7, 2006, 12:35 PM
Anyone know whether these times will be posted anywhere (I did get my email, though), but I need to get the ride times for others!

bambam
Jun. 7, 2006, 01:24 PM
Kate DB- they usually post them on the website as well but just a little later.
Got my time and have nice and reasonable 9:48 dressage time- I usually get the crack of dawn times where not even the coffee places are open yet when I leave- getting up early is one thing- getting up early without the benefit of good coffee is a whole nother ballgame :)

S4zeus
Jun. 7, 2006, 02:49 PM
Thank god I don't have an 8 am dressage time like at DRPC. Im looking forward to this weekend!

Dressage: 06/11/2006 10:52 am
Cross Country: 06/11/2006 01:14 pm
Stadium: 06/11/2006 12:44 pm

Invested1
Jun. 7, 2006, 04:04 PM
I have great times on Saturday!
D: 12:36
S: 3:38
XC: 4:08

woohoo! :D

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 7, 2006, 04:12 PM
Mine are *late*! Dressage 2:37. stadium 5:08, cross country 5:38.
(I can finally justify bringing a few beers along for a little "Happy Hour" afterward: at least the sun will be over the proverbial yard arm! :D Don't worry--Mr. Dr. D will be driving the rig...:p)

Am I to assume that those of us who have stadium right before CC will be allowed to just wear our cross country garb for both phases?? (As has been the trend at other HTs recently...)

Anyway, look forward to seeing everyone there. :)

asterix
Jun. 7, 2006, 04:31 PM
I'll be there on Sunday grooming for bambam -- I know a lot of other folks will be in Training, too. I had forgotten about the too-early-for-coffee possibility -- not sure I could stand up to the pressure of grooming for an uncaffeinated rider:eek:

Invested1
Jun. 7, 2006, 04:38 PM
Mine are *late*! Dressage 2:37. stadium 5:08, cross country 5:38.
(I can finally justify bringing a few beers along for a little "Happy Hour" afterward: at least the sun will be over the proverbial yard arm! :D Don't worry--Mr. Dr. D will be driving the rig...:p)

Am I to assume that those of us who have stadium right before CC will be allowed to just wear our cross country garb for both phases?? (As has been the trend at other HTs recently...)

Anyway, look forward to seeing everyone there. :)

Dr. D, you riding Saturday?

Elghund2
Jun. 7, 2006, 04:50 PM
Kate. CactusLil usually posts them on the Wednesday night before the event. So I expect that if Cheryl sent them to her, they will be up tonight

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 7, 2006, 04:58 PM
Invested--yes, The Princess's final (probably) Novice--I would probably have entered her Training (since she's schooled the entire Rubicon T course), but David O'C sets the times SO fast! :( Not good to "run her off her feet" for her first bump up--she may like it a little too much, and not want to "throttle back!" :lol: :D

EvntRydr
Jun. 7, 2006, 05:19 PM
Hey Dr. D. I am thinking I may have a PRE RIDE happy hour to ease the aches and pains, help me get a little loosey goosey and try to ride quietly and have some fun in Dressage! What do you think of THAT approach? :D

I have decent ride times, in the hottest part of the day of course (10-4) but at least I don't have to be up at 0'dark 30! We go Sunday OBN at:

Dressage: 11:17 am
Cross Country: 02:15 pm
Stadium: 01:40 pm

:confused: I'm with Dr. D' do we just wear XC gear since ride times are with in 35 minutes of each other in each jumping phase.

Invested1
Jun. 7, 2006, 05:23 PM
Hey, I want to be part of this before-and-after riding Happy Hour!! :lol:

Dr. D, where are you planning on moving up? I'm undecided. I'm thinking either Difficult Run or Elysian Hills....

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 7, 2006, 05:36 PM
Hi guys!

EvntRydr--since you are such a "lightweight", I think a sip or two of a wine cooler would be *plenty* for you! :D :lol: (You DO want to stay on--just maybe have a little bit more of a "relaxed" dressage test...I wish dressage was last in the order, that way I could drink *after* I jump but *before* I ride dressage! :p)

Yes, your times are nicely spaced out, with a few more minutes between jumping phases than I have. (When I walk the course on Friday I'll ask about the "stadium apparel"...I would e-mail them, but I'm sure they have anough on their plates at the moment!)

Invested... if you're willing/able to hang around awhile after your X-country, find me (after I'm done at 5:45 or so), and I'll give you a Corona! ;)

As for moving up, I'm thinking Surefire, but I have an (unreturned :sigh:) e-mail in to the secretary asking what the deadline would be for changing divisions (I entered ON.) I'm thinking it's the closing date, but since she won't get back to me I don't know for sure whether it's even possible. (It may depend on the number of T entries...) Another consideration is that I have a 13 year old student who will be going to Surefire as her first recognized HT at BN, and she *really* wants/needs me to coach her--this would be easier for me to do if I weren't riding the same day (Saturday, which is T/BN), so I have to factor that in...If not Surefire, definitely DRHT in August...though I haven't schooled over the Trakehner yet (I *just* schooled one of my students over it a couple of weeks ago)--and it's wired off AGAIN--along with the rest of the cow field! :mad:

InVA
Jun. 7, 2006, 05:50 PM
I'll be volunteering saturday and taking my prelim horse training on sunday. its our first event in a year and a half - been focusing on work instead of competing..phht!

Anyway we showjump schooled last week and he remembers how! too bad I'm a moron eh? We've been around the prelim course twice and it rides great for all who are doing the prelim. Our xc school is going to start when we come out of the start box.. I have a feeling though I'll be saying 'whoa" a lot!
I just want to stay on!

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 7, 2006, 05:55 PM
At least the weather should cooperate--and we're supposed to get some rain over the next couple days...enough to soften the ground a bit, but not enough to make the footing slick. (which is great for those of us with barefoot horses who can't use studs! :D)

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 7, 2006, 06:00 PM
InVA, I'm sure you'lle stay on and be fine--at least you're on a horse who knows his job--a definite advantage! :yes: (You'lle probably just have to concentrate on keeping him on "the Training track" as opposed to "the Prelim track", since Prelim may be what he prefers! :D)

AshKnoll
Jun. 7, 2006, 06:37 PM
Hi guys!

EvntRydr--since you are such a "lightweight", I think a sip or two of a wine cooler would be *plenty* for you! :D :lol: (You DO want to stay on--just maybe have a little bit more of a "relaxed" dressage test...I wish dressage was last in the order, that way I could drink *after* I jump but *before* I ride dressage! :p)

Yes, your times are nicely spaced out, with a few more minutes between jumping phases than I have. (When I walk the course on Friday I'll ask about the "stadium apparel"...I would e-mail them, but I'm sure they have anough on their plates at the moment!)

Invested... if you're willing/able to hang around awhile after your X-country, find me (after I'm done at 5:45 or so), and I'll give you a Corona! ;)

As for moving up, I'm thinking Surefire, but I have an (unreturned :sigh:) e-mail in to the secretary asking what the deadline would be for changing divisions (I entered ON.) I'm thinking it's the closing date, but since she won't get back to me I don't know for sure whether it's even possible. (It may depend on the number of T entries...) Another consideration is that I have a 13 year old student who will be going to Surefire as her first recognized HT at BN, and she *really* wants/needs me to coach her--this would be easier for me to do if I weren't riding the same day (Saturday, which is T/BN), so I have to factor that in...If not Surefire, definitely DRHT in August...though I haven't schooled over the Trakehner yet (I *just* schooled one of my students over it a couple of weeks ago)--and it's wired off AGAIN--along with the rest of the cow field! :mad:
Off topic here, but Dr. Doolittle, would you happen to know if BN will for sure be run on Saturday at Surefire? In the Omnibus it says BN, N, and P will run on Sunday but some divisions might switch days. I emailed the secretary to find out, and like you haven't heard anything. Also, do they send out a notice of whether your entry got in or if you are on the waitlist? Thanks

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 7, 2006, 10:14 PM
Sheesh, sorry Jumper63 (*my* bad for not reading the Omnibus more closely! :rolleyes:)

I think Surefire has "left the option open" to switch the days the divisions are scheduled--based on the entries they get--and no, they don't usually send out cards. If you entered on (or within a day or two of) the opening date, you can be pretty sure you're in...unless you hear something to the contrary. :) (In which case it will be "you are on the wait list"...)

Catalina
Jun. 7, 2006, 11:21 PM
I'll be there...although I won't be riding like I had originally planned. After struggling at Waredaca, I decided my saint of a horse needed/deserved a professional ride. I've already contacted Rubicon and switched him to OBN, they were very accomadating. But I'll definitely be there Sunday cheering my boy on!

Tango's wonderful beastie will be ridden by my trainer :D. Hopefully my guy will be sound (he got squished between the fence and my dumb a$$ ISH and has a huge knot on his shoulder) and I will be there on Sunday doing BN.

Tango: We should figure out somewhere (if possible) to meet and park our trailers to make it easier on K.W. :yes: :)

EvntRydr
Jun. 8, 2006, 01:32 AM
Hi guys!

I know I'm a totally cheap drunk... lol. The neck of a Corona could result in an overly relaxed test (to include sliding out of the saddle mid transition) :eek: !

Invested... are you riding Sat or Sun? If so look me up Sun... otherwise you'll have to hit the 'open bar' at Dr. D's trailer! :winkgrin:

I wonder if I will even know anyone out there, I have no idea who people are on their horses based on their COTH names!!!

PiedPiper
Jun. 8, 2006, 08:52 AM
Well I am going to volunteer with a friend on Saturday so will see some of you there!

Ugh, and my truck tried to die on me going over the mountain to school at Gordonsdale yesterday so running it to a shop to see what can be done.

Definitely need a new muffler! :eek: :winkgrin:

Have I said how much I hate this truck. :dead: :sigh: On the bright side to an extremely bad day yesterday, Matt schooled things well though my head wasn't in the game like it should have been so lots of working on me.

Dr. D- How is your back doing? Been meaning to touchbase with you forever but somethings have come up. Hope things are going well.

Invested1
Jun. 8, 2006, 09:43 AM
Invested... are you riding Sat or Sun? If so look me up Sun... otherwise you'll have to hit the 'open bar' at Dr. D's trailer! :winkgrin:

I wonder if I will even know anyone out there, I have no idea who people are on their horses based on their COTH names!!!

Hey! I'll be riding on Saturday--will you be out there at all?

And my BB name is actually based on my horse---his show name is Invested Interest. :D

B Street Tango
Jun. 8, 2006, 10:36 AM
Tango's wonderful beastie will be ridden by my trainer :D. Hopefully my guy will be sound (he got squished between the fence and my dumb a$$ ISH and has a huge knot on his shoulder) and I will be there on Sunday doing BN.

Tango: We should figure out somewhere (if possible) to meet and park our trailers to make it easier on K.W. :yes: :)

I'm PMing you now. ;)

InVA
Jun. 8, 2006, 11:41 AM
Dr. Doolittle - Thanks for the vote of confidence! I have been telling myself. white on black! white on BLACK not green ...BLACK!! haha!

EvntRydr
Jun. 8, 2006, 12:15 PM
Hey! I'll be riding on Saturday--will you be out there at all?

And my BB name is actually based on my horse---his show name is Invested Interest. :D

I will be out all day volunteering. I have no idea what I'll be wearing but it will likely be some form of burgundy. I'm 6' with long dark hair (will have a baseball cap on and it will be braided - the hair not the cap :lol: ). I will keep an eye out for your and Invested!

Dr. D' I second the question on your back and how you are feeling in general? :winkgrin:

Invested1
Jun. 8, 2006, 12:55 PM
I will be out all day volunteering. I have no idea what I'll be wearing but it will likely be some form of burgundy. I'm 6' with long dark hair (will have a baseball cap on and it will be braided - the hair not the cap :lol: ). I will keep an eye out for your and Invested!

I'll keep my eyes peeled too! I know Dr. D so if she knows where you're volunteering, I'll swing over and say hi!

If not, I'll be in burgundy and hunter green, and Tedi is a 17h bay with 2 hind socks and a cute star. :D (oh, actually, there are pix in my webshots!)

Invested1
Jun. 8, 2006, 01:43 PM
InVA and PiedPiper---the above also goes for you since you'll both be at Rubicon volunteering on Saturday. Track me down! Would love to meetcha! :yes:

(I tow a brenderup--very dirty at the moment---with a greenish/grey explorer with UVa plates.)

EvntRydr
Jun. 8, 2006, 03:03 PM
I'll keep my eyes peeled too! I know Dr. D so if she knows where you're volunteering, I'll swing over and say hi!

If not, I'll be in burgundy and hunter green, and Tedi is a 17h bay with 2 hind socks and a cute star. :D (oh, actually, there are pix in my webshots!)

Invested I think we may have met before, but everyone looks so different all ragged out from riding vs. their normal day to day appearance.

I love your colors, mine are Burgundy/Black and I have a 17hh OTTB bay gelding (no white) too!:yes:

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 8, 2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks (everyone) for asking--actually, in response to all the "back" questions, I'm on my way to the chiro for a "tune up" in a few minutes! :D All in all it's been better (Obviously, since I'm back to riding, showing, teaching, and generally running myself ragged--as per usual...:p)

Will post more upon my return--maybe we should set up some sort of a "rendezvous point" on Saturday...(It's too bad they don't have a "booze and food tent" like they do at Surefire! :winkgrin:)

Invested1
Jun. 8, 2006, 04:10 PM
Invested I think we may have met before, but everyone looks so different all ragged out from riding vs. their normal day to day appearance.

I love your colors, mine are Burgundy/Black and I have a 17hh OTTB bay gelding (no white) too!:yes:

Really? Do you remember where? That'd be cool! :D

Ah, see, that's why we get along---great taste!! :lol:

Invested1
Jun. 8, 2006, 04:11 PM
Dr. D,
Glad to hear you're feeling better!!!

EvntRydr
Jun. 8, 2006, 05:11 PM
Really? Do you remember where? That'd be cool! :D

Ah, see, that's why we get along---great taste!! :lol:

Dr. D' would know better then I. She is the one who always introduces me to people (SUCH A SOCIAL BUTTERFLY THAT ONE!).:lol:

As to big bay boys... you can't HELP but love them! :yes:

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 8, 2006, 07:28 PM
Yes, and you two are also *both* tall brunettes! :D

I hear that EvntRydr will be a cross country jump judge--she can cheer for us as we clear her fence!

I went to the store this afternoon (after the chiro worked his magic on my aging stressed-out back), and picked up some beer, wine, Cracker Barrel Vermont Cheddar cheese and crackers...everyone is welcome to come by my rig any time after 5:45 or so (which is when I'll be getting off the cross country course), though maybe closer to 6 will be better...(Or you can come by earlier if you're done with your rides--I won't be "partaking" until *after* I finish the jumping phases! :p) This invite includes you, InVa, and anyone else on the board who will be there on Saturday. (Describing yourself or selves beforehand might help me identify you!)

My rig consists of a two-tone burgundy Suburban with gray/silver sides, and horsy bumper stickers (and window decals) all over it, much to Mr. Dr. D's dismay! :p (Including the one that says "my horse is more pampered than my husband"...alas, all too true! :lol:) The license plates say "LEEWAY". The trailer is an aged Shoop, re-painted silver to match the sides of the Burby. Mr. Dr. D is also hard to miss; an Italian looking fellow, 6'4", 260+ lbs., with a mustache and graying hair. He will have a video camera attached to him at all times, and may also be wearing a surly (and possibly "put upon") expression, though underneath the imposing apperance, he is really very sweet (and funny.) Unless we're at a hunter show: the bane of his existence! :winkgrin: I am a short(ish) blonde middle-aged woman who will be on a bright chestnut mare ("The Princess"), who has a huge diamond-shaped star and two diagonal whites. (You may hear me laughing--or cursing--from a distance...I do *both* very audibly! :D)

Please stop by if you're around--if you're volunteering, I won't even charge you for drinks! :lol: (Just kidding, of course...:p)

EvntRydr
Jun. 8, 2006, 07:57 PM
:winkgrin:
Yes, and you two are also *both* tall brunettes! :D

I hear that EvntRydr will be a cross country jump judge--she can cheer for us as we clear her fence!

(You may hear me laughing--or cursing--from a distance...I do *both* very audibly! :D)

Please stop by if you're around--if you're volunteering, I won't even charge you for drinks! :lol: (Just kidding, of course...:p)

Oh we are going to have fun aren't we?
And uh Dr. D'.... you're not loud, the rest of us just have REALLY good hearing ROFLMAO!:lol:
I shall be cheering you on loudly! :winkgrin:
You can count me in for a Corona! :eek:

DustInTime04
Jun. 8, 2006, 10:10 PM
hey guys! i also will be competing (training JR divison). i'm SOO excited, it'll be my first training other than a combined test i did. and it looks like the weather is supposed to be great for both days! :o)

good luck to everyone going as well!

B Street Tango
Jun. 9, 2006, 10:32 AM
I'll be helping out with Stadium on Saturday, possible timing. I'll be sure to stop by the Dr D compound before heading out. Although, I can't stay long, I have 2 horses to get ready for Sunday!

Good luck everyone. Sure looks like the weather is going to cooperate again! **knocks wood!**

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 9, 2006, 11:48 AM
It will be good to see you, B Street! :D

(B Street Tango is the world's most patient, pleasant, and efficient stadium/dressage steward--at least she has been at every competition that I've ridden in! :yes: They are definitely polishing her halo in "volunteer heaven"...:))

Good luck to your boy on Sunday! So glad to hear that he's back up to speed--and competing!

Invested1
Jun. 9, 2006, 12:57 PM
Awh, I'm as excited to meet everyone as I am about the competition!!!
I feel like I'll be walking the course asking everyone, "Are you on COTH?" :lol:

EvntRydr
Jun. 9, 2006, 02:10 PM
Awh, I'm as excited to meet everyone as I am about the competition!!!
I feel like I'll be walking the course asking everyone, "Are you on COTH?" :lol:

We need some sort of badge or unifying color so we can tell who to approach ... otherwise some of us might seem really WEIRD. LOL okay so I already SEEM weird, I don't need any help in that respect.

:eek:

texang73
Jun. 9, 2006, 06:38 PM
OK, now I'm feeling all left out, and sorta sorry for myself... 'cus I haven't met any of y'all yet! :( (Except for Piper, who probably doesn't remember... after Lad's first win at Fairfax races at Emily's trailer... I was taking the pics...).

I will certainly make an effort to say hello and introduce myself on Saturday. I am 5'8" brunette who will be toting around a large camera instead of riding. Good luck everyone!! :)

PiedPiper
Jun. 9, 2006, 07:55 PM
Oh tex! I do remember you! Great! It was lovely meeting you then. Boy what a long way THAT boy has come! :D

I like the color idea, I will be there in the morning till around noon then will be back at 5 for a coursewalk so definitely will swing by and see Dr. D and everyone.

Dr. D- I WILL return your thing to you! I didn't forget and have it sitting by the door to return. So sorry I have been so remiss in that and a big big thank you for it. :D

Who is planning on doing the schooling day? I am planning but truck will be in and out of the shop being fixed. :sigh: Just a head's up Gillian will be there at 10 to school it too if anyone is interested.

See everyone tomorrow!

S4zeus
Jun. 9, 2006, 09:05 PM
I will be coming to volunteer tomorrow, but short of calling as I am sure they are super busy right now, what time should I get there? I was thinking by 8. Is that too early? not early enough? just right? Let me know!!!

EvntRydr
Jun. 9, 2006, 09:32 PM
-----Original Message-----
Subject: Rubicon Volunteers - Saturday 6/10

Thanks for volunteering @ Rubicon this coming Saturday! Without generous people volunteering their time it would not be possible to make horse trials run!
You are the Cross Country jump judges for Saturday. There will be a briefing at the Volunteer Tent in front of the house starting at 8:35am Saturday morning. This is when you will receive your specific fence assignment and for those of you who are new to Cross Country we will teach you everything you need to know to do a great job and have a fun day. To the experts who have done this before, this will be a good refresher and will discuss other important topics specific to Rubicon. It is VERY important that everyone attend this briefing and is on time so we can get to the course on time. We will have coffee and breakfast available for you in the tent. Please bring with you anythingspecial you will need throughout the day. This includes a comfortable chair, any clothes you may need for the weather (although the forecast is for 70 degrees and sunny!), etc.. We will provide lunch, sodas, water, and most anything else you need. I look forward to seeing everyone Saturday morning!
I hope that helps everyone....?:D

PiedPiper
Jun. 11, 2006, 09:40 AM
Good luck to all of us competing today!! :lol: :lol:

Be safe and have fun!

Congrats to Dr. D for winning her division! She and her mare kick . . .well you know. :winkgrin: :D

Onawhim
Jun. 11, 2006, 08:37 PM
Can someone please remind me who the photographer was?

EvntRydr
Jun. 11, 2006, 09:33 PM
GRC...
;)

S4zeus
Jun. 11, 2006, 10:44 PM
Checking in-

My dressage was HORRIBLE. I mean horrible. I haven't had a worse test EVER! Zeus was so stiff and not listening or paying attention at all. We were in the lower grass ring, so every two minutes while we were warming up a horse would come galloping up on the other side of the tree line. It was kind of wigging Zeus out. Anyways, with that out of the way we were able to have fun. We had a blast xcountry. We did have time faults, but not as many as I thought we would have. We came in 11 seconds off optimum. But with the speed set at 470 mpm, I was very pleased. The jumps all rode great. Not even a pick at anything. Stadium rode well. I had a hard rub after the liverpool jump, but all the rails stayed up. We moved up from last after dressage to 9th. Without the time faults I might have been 7th I think. It was just not our day to be dressage riders. I know we can do a better test, but I keep telling myself I won't dwell on it.

Congrats again to Dr. D. She was so excited yesterday. She and her mare deserved the win! Plus not only did they win, but they were 7.5 points ahead of 2nd.

Congrats to Invested also! I wish I had moved up that much after my dressage score. I am so sick of getting 9th when they only give ribbons to 8th. Seems to be my trend.

EvntRydr
Jun. 12, 2006, 12:10 AM
Well Dr. D' rocked the ON world, winning it smashingly on her super mare. ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY DR. D (as I always say).... no wait it's "all kneel at the alter of Dr. D'" ... yah that's it! WAY TO GO. :winkgrin:

Good work Invested! S4Zeus... I saw bits and pieces of your dressage and thought he looked a bit distracted (I was warming up for the other grass ring). Thought perhaps there was something going on. Nice work on the XC and stadium!! :D

Wish and I had a wonderful day. The track in the grass ring was pretty worn by our ride time. He slipped on his first turn and once my gigantic 17hh baby slips all heck breaks loose.

I thought he put in a pretty decent dressage test. Having been out of riding since November (pretty much) and with 2 surgeries under my belt in the last 45 days... I was ecstatic I stayed on at all. :eek: Wishes hasn't been really worked to get ready for the show (he was in excellent condition however) but thats when it's nice to own a 'made' horse. :D

We were 17 points out of first after dressage placing us 24th out of 33 (yes there were THIRTY THREE riders in my division!!!). I should note here, that my platoon at Paris Island was hardly more bodies then that!!! :lol:

After going double clear in both Stadium & XC Wishes and I moved up to 13th. I was tickled to just be out on such a glorious day. It was wonderful to be back in the irons, riding, jumping, LIVING again. I was very happy with our performance (having our best ditch/water jumps yet) just showing up and competing... that was an accomplishment with so much time off.

THANK YOU to everyone who volunteered!!! :)

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 12, 2006, 12:12 AM
I spent *half an hour* writing a really long (descriptive) post...and then AOL "spontaneously" dumped me off...MID-WORD!!! :mad: :mad:

:sigh: Anyway, I will try again tomorrow, when I'm not so tired!

Weatherwise, it was a *beautiful* weekend--no complaints there--or otherwise! :) (Except for !@#$&*$! electronc glitches! :rolleyes:)

GotSpots
Jun. 12, 2006, 09:22 AM
As always, Eric and Sheryl (and all their volunteers) run a gorgeous event. I hope everyone got a chance to walk around and look at the jumps: many of them were practically works of art! The Prelim corner was lovely, as was the new gate up top, the beautiful stone walls at all levels, several new Training jumps including a fun grill that rode like a skinny and a stunning blonde colored table with dark cutouts (quasi-chevrons?) before the water. Novice and BN jumps were also carefully thought through and inviting, and all of the courses were decorated, groomed, and thoughtful. Manicured footing, quick and efficient work by the stadium and cross-country teams meant we were done early, and weather that had to be the result of a deal made by Daniel Webster.

Congratulations - to one of the nicest events in Area II. Rubicon has been a favorite of mine since it started, but it really is one of the hands down most friendly and inviting events out there. They really take the effort to make courses different and interesting, and it's such a pleasure to show there.

Invested1
Jun. 12, 2006, 11:02 AM
Hey all! Man what a great weekend we had for riding!! I had such a fun time at Rubicon and got to see a couple COTHers---EvntRydr, Dr. D, and S4Zeus---always good to see you guys, and I even got to meet another COTHer--FrittSkitt! So good to meet you!! And it looked like you were doing a great job running stadium! :yes:

Our day was interesting. I thought our dressage test went well, and my friend who comes to just about every one of my shows said she thought it was the best test she'd seen us do. Apparently the judge disagreed and absolutely killed us with 42.5! :eek: What got me the most though was that her comments were really broad and she didn't have one nice thing to say. For example, we *nailed* one of our canter departs (I've watched it time and time again on the video and it looks awesome!) but the comment I got was "short in neck. 6." Ok, fine, but it'd be nice if I could get even an inkling of something positive such as "concise depart but short in neck. 6." It's just unfortunate that her comments were so general that I don't think I can actually take away from anything she said and work on it. Oh well, what are you going to do? :sigh:
Anyway, with our horrendous dressage score, we were tied for 14th (out of 16).
Thankfully, although my boy and I apparently completely suck at dressage, at least we can jump. :lol: We went clean stadium and clean xc and actually moved up to finish in 5th place!! :eek:
Overall, I had a great time and thought my boy was wonderful. :D

Congrats to everyone!! Especially Dr. D and DustInTime---you kick butt!!

KateDB
Jun. 12, 2006, 11:13 AM
Sort of Ditto for us...
We had a very consistent test, accurate and correct and scored one of our worst results: 41 putting us tied for 17th!
One rail in stadium and a clear XC with time faults ended a great day for us as far as I'm concerned. The Prelim course was fabulous and P answered the questions with great enthusiasm and verve!
Thanks to all the super volunteers, since we couldn't compete without you and also to Eric and Sheryl for a lovely, lovely event.
I was thrilled to be there, to have a good day and to confirm our progress.

InVA
Jun. 12, 2006, 11:36 AM
Mine decided to have an abcess on Saturday so we had to scratch. Poor baby. This morning after I soaked his foot I turned my back on him for a second and he walked off to the paddock nearly sound. I'm sure he'll be perfectly sound by tomorrow... sigh!

That's always the way isn't it?! ;-)

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 12, 2006, 12:55 PM
Yes, I agree with everyone as to the "fabulosity" of the event--Rubicon never fails to impress--in every catagory! :) (And the weather!!!..."deal made by Daniel Webster" indeed! :lol: :lol: Good one GotSpots! :D Maybe we can all sell our souls for good weather at Surefire, instead of the "furnace/steam room" weather we had to endure last year...:sigh:)

I think I benefited from "one of those magical days when everything just seems to go right". (And they are *so* rare that I will treasure this one--it may be a looong time before I get another! :winkgrin:) Anyway, I think it helped that we passed three hay trucks on the way, and I told Mr. Dr. D that there's a superstition; when you pass a hay truck, you're supposed to make a wish: he and I both (silently) wished that I would win, and didn't know that this had been the *other's* wish until after the event. I said: "remember those hay trucks?" He said "Yeah, I wished on each of them that you would win." :lol: So that explains it...:) Everything had gone like clockwork at the barn, and so we got to Rubicon with pleny of time to spare, and it seemed like whenever I looked for a piece of equipment that I needed, it was right at hand. (THis NEVER happens!! :lol:) My horse started warmup reasonably well, but I felt like she wasn't soft in her jaw--something that often happens at shows but not at home. I had been thinking on this before, but thought Hmmm...what is the difference between shows and home? Same bit, same saddle, same rider, etc....but my show bridle has a flash, which I never ride with at home. I adjust it fairly loosely, but perhaps it's just the "presence" of the flash that perturbs "Her Majesty"?? I had the hubby remove it and put it in his pocket (leaving an unattractive loop at the front of the cavesson, but what the hey!), and voila--a softer jaw! :) Duh, sometimes the simple and obvious thing is the easiest "fix"...:p

Anyway, my dressage judge (DeDe Beirbrauer) clearly liked my horse (and spoke to me before the test, when The Princess was "all too characteristically" spooking at the judge's stand, and then AFTER my halt/salute, she said "you should be *really* pleased with that--it was quite nice!" :eek:!! (That's when one is tempted to whip one's head around and look behind one--but since I was the only one in the ring at the time, her comments *must* have been directed at me! :lol:)
I thought it was a nice enough test, and the Vo-ess was pretty submissive for a change, but she could have been more forward. (Of course I first need the submission before I can *ask* for the forward--that way I don't just get "quick and tense"--so we are at least on the right track! :)) We wound up with a 31, which put us in a tie for second. My one student who was also competing on Saturday was in the NR division--since it ran well before mine, I wasn't able to warm her up, but I at least had had a chance to walk the cross country course with her on Friday night (in the pouring rain--which *did* finally stop, but then my daughter jumped our dog over the Prelim ditch, and felll INTO it, bruising her knee so badly that she couldn't put any weight on the leg--I had to half drag/half carry her the last half mile or so--anyone seeing us would have thought I was helping a drunken bum stagger around the course...and it did *nothing* good for my still healing back, of course...:p In spite of that, Saturday wound up being a good day, obviously.)

In any case, my student was 5th after dressage (in her Division) with a 37, and since her mare is pretty much a jumping machine (though with some residual ditch issues), I felt pretty confident that she would move up into the top 3. Her goal is to qualify for the AECs, and I thought "this is her chance!" :yes: She was doing her stadium while I was warming up for dressage, so I didn't get a chance to walk the course with her OR watch her go), and she :sigh: had a (VERY uncharacteristic) rail at Fence 7, the vertical after the oxer, with either 5 or 6 strides between. I would have advised her to half-halt and add up to do the 6 (she has a small horse, and many of the people who were doing it in 5 were having the vertical down because their horses got flat.) However, apparently her mare went for the long spot, and down the rail went. :( She was clean and fast on X-country, though, and her mare never even peeked at the ditch (last fall, she stopped suddenly and dropped a shoulder at the "then Novice ditch-ish thing", and my student fell off--apparently S4Zeus was RIGHT behind her on course at the time! :eek:) So this was definite progress, though she dropped to 7th in a tightly scored division. Had she not had the rail, she would have moved up to SECOND, and thereby would have qualified...:sigh: Poor kid! (She was the one who *would* have been third in her Division at DRHT, but was eliminated for missing the mandatiory flags on cross country...I'm afraid to tell her about what her final placing would have been--she didn't want to know at the time!)
In any case, she and her mom checked the scoreboard when she went to pick up her ribbon, and they knew my dressage score before I did--and whispered it into Mr. Dr. D's ear. (I didn't want to know--but I knew it had to be pretty good from their "not very poker" faces...:p)

Stadium was challenging, and The Red Rocket was definitely "on the muscle", (there was so much "Ho-Ho-Ho-ing" during my round that people must have thought Santa was in the ring...), but she cleared everything easily, and then it was on to cross country. That went great (although after Fence 3, my mare saw that long, downhill galloping stretch and thought it was time to "practice her Prelim speed"; :D More "HO-ing" and a "Quit it!!" could probably be heard by many of the attending crowd. :D) We rolled right along and wound up 7 seconds under the time (I tried to finish as close to the Optimal as possible, in case of tie-breakers), and after chatting with EvntRyder (who was sitting in a pickup truck, doing the finish, along with another of my students--one who wasn't riding), I dismounted, loosened my girth, and asked Mr. Dr. D (approaching, with camera still on) "What was my dresage score?" When he told me I was in second, I cried and kissed my wonderful horse...(I knew at that point that I could be no *worse* than second, and qualifying for the AEC's had been *my* goal this year too, along with moving her up to Training. :D)

Anyway, afterward it was Miller (actually "Corona!) time, and I got to see S4Zeus (great job O/F on Sunday! The dressage WILL come!! :yes:)--who is, unfortunately--too young to drink :p, and Invested (another super job in the jumping phases, and a great move up in the placings, Invested--I saw your stadium round, and MAN that boy can jump! :)), Pied Piper and B Street Tango (who was stadium steward and who was able to give everyone the inside scoop on what fences were coming down with regularity), and of course EvntRydr--along with my other student--who was volunteering--and they all (except Invested) stopped by for a little "Happy Hour" at my trailer.
(I then walked the BN course--beer in hand--with EvntRydr and my student...thank goodness for the "on course Porta Potties"! :winkgrin:)

(On Sunday I went to Upperville to watch Katie Monahan Prudent win the Grand Prix--I was thrilled--it was her first Upperville GP win!! And she's OLD, like I am!! GO OLD LADIES!!! :D) All in all, a great weekend, and congrats to all who finished and placed--and a big thank you to ALL the volunteers!!

SO, Pied Piper--we are waiting for your report?? And B Street--how did your boy do??

Bummer InVA! :( At least he's okay...when is your next HT? (Better follow Invested's advice and "don't mention it within his earshot" ;))

Who is going to the schooling day(s)?

Catalina
Jun. 12, 2006, 01:08 PM
Congrats Dr D!!!!

We also had our best dressage test ever and got a 41.1. It seems like the judge (DB) thought we were not going forward enough, although everyone who watched said Ty looked great. Oh well. Stadium was no problem and we made it into the water on cross country this time before Ty developed concrete hooves :D (the concrete footsies appeared before the water at Waredaca and we got the big E), so we were almost clean except for 1.2 time penalities thanks to those concrete feet. We managed to finish in 5th (out of 22 people) :D :D.

I am going to try and make it out tomorrow if at all possible.

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 12, 2006, 01:17 PM
Congrats Catalina!
If you describe your horse, I'll keep an eye out for you tomorrow--I'll be on a chestnut with a huge star (and white boots), and will be with a young lady on a steel gray Connemara cross with black points...pretty hard to miss us! :)

Invested1
Jun. 12, 2006, 01:50 PM
Invested (another super job in the jumping phases, and a great move up in the placings, Invested--I saw your stadium round, and MAN that boy can jump! :)),

Ah thanks! We had a great time in the jumping phases--and get this--WE did 6 strides in the line after the oxer! :eek: I was trying to work on getting to the base instead of taking off long (a big fault of mine!) so as I rode, I kept saying, "add, add, add" :lol:
He really is such a good pony that he listens so well. :D

And another big congrats to you and the Princess---what a way to head into Training level!! :yes:

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 12, 2006, 02:15 PM
Thanks, Invested! (And you see?? Riding that line *correctly* ensured that you went clean--and placed--I just wish I could turn back time for Erin, my student.:sigh: I can't believe you fit SIX in there with Teddy! :eek: Heckuva job!)

And thanks to everyone else for their congrats...EvntRydr, you--as always--are *too* kind..."I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!" :p

Catalina
Jun. 12, 2006, 02:22 PM
Congrats Catalina!
If you describe your horse, I'll keep an eye out for you tomorrow--I'll be on a chestnut with a huge star (and white boots), and will be with a young lady on a steel gray Connemara cross with black points...pretty hard to miss us! :)

My guy is a big bay with a distinctive blaze/snip thing :Us at Waredaca (http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=308E00OJ3W0001&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1&d=0&pphoto=308E00OJ3W0000) I will keep an eye out for you :).

Invested1
Jun. 12, 2006, 02:48 PM
I can't believe you fit SIX in there with Teddy! :eek:

I KNOW!! :eek: :lol:

EvntRydr
Jun. 12, 2006, 03:02 PM
EvntRydr, you--as always--are *too* kind..."I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!" :p

BAH hardly too kind, just honest and very much in awe of your skill!

You do get a minor ding for not commenting on the Fatboy and I mucking around and managing an 11 place move up in our HUGE division. :eek: LOL!

I'll forgive you though :winkgrin: I luff you too much not to! :yes:

FrittSkritt
Jun. 12, 2006, 03:13 PM
Wow, what a beautiful place and a great event! I'm definitely making it my goal to compete there sooner or later. ;)

Saturday I was stadium in-gate (sort of steward, sort of "umm, where's rider ##?", and "rider ## now on course" person) and somehow I ended up doing dressage bit-check on Sunday. (Not sure how that happened, I planned to spend Sunday relaxing! :lol:) I met Invested, DustInTime, and PiedPiper, who all looked great! I looked around for Dr. D's truck/trailer but didn't see it.

Pretty nice weather, although I could have done without the wind on Sunday! :p

Invested1
Jun. 12, 2006, 03:25 PM
Pied Piper and B Street Tango (who was stadium steward and who was able to give everyone the inside scoop on what fences were coming down with regularity),

So how did I miss meeting you two?!?!?

areaIIeventer
Jun. 12, 2006, 03:34 PM
I was at Rubicon as well!

This was our second time being there, and despite the unusually late results posting on Sunday, it still tops out as my all time favorite event in Area 2. The volunteers are soooo friendly. Everytime I walked across the road to dressage/parking/stadium/whatever, the man who was aprking trailers asked how my ride went and if I was having fun. He was very nice!!!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know who the judge was in ring 3? (the grass ring by the bird houses)

She gave us an *unusually* low score to top our TR divison and the lowest of the weekend, but she wrote down hardly any comments. Dont know whether that is a good thing (aka - few mistakes) or a bad thing (aka - was she really watching our test? Lol ;) )

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 12, 2006, 05:09 PM
AreaIIEventer--I believe that was Betty Thorpe--EvntRydr had the same experience with the "lack of comments" on her test, under the same judge. By dressage judging rules, I'm under the impression that they are required to make a comment whenever they give a score *under* 6 (or it might be 7--I will have to double-check with my DQ friend who is presently in the process of getting her L Judge's card--she's a *great* source of info! :winkgrin:)

I've had varying experiences riding under Betty--in the past, her comments were tactful and encouraging--the last time I rode a test under her (last year), I found her tougher...and the no comments thing is a bit frustrating!
(One would like to know WHY they gave one a particular score--and what can be improved upon :p)
DeDe Beirbrauer had a strange score to give my student on her last halt, especially considering that: A) it was apparently very good, and B) according to the comments, DeDe agreed! She wrote: straight, square, and immobile. And gave it a 6! :eek: According to my DQ friend (and we discussed this at length, since she's been going through all this training for the past 6 months), a halt is scored BASED primarily on on those 3 "qualities"--if those criteria are met, it merits at *least* an 8: beyond that, it becomes the judge's prerogative as to whether they feel it deserves a 9, or whether they find something relatively minor to criticize (BTV, on the forehand, sllghtly fussy with head, etc.), in which case they can give it a 7. So what gives?? Who knows, but apparently in the new judging program (where they are turning out L graduates and certifying r and R graduates--as well as encouraging established judges to attend seminars), they are at least *attempting* to "standardize" the judging--as much as that's possible when there are still subjective human being doing it! :lol: (Everyone has preferences, obviously...:p)

So, Invested, you were actually parked not far away from my rig--we pointed at your trailer and said "there's Invested's trailer--the Brenderup!" And Tedi's butt (as well as another horses) was in there. ;) Next time we'll find you and "round you up" for cocktail hour! You too, FrittSkitt--we'll have to find a better way to communicate, since there is always a sea of trailers in a field at Horse Trials (sort of the "finding the needle in the haystack problem"--at least until it clears out! I think mine was the *last, lone* trailer there on Saturday, since I re-walked the course with EvntRydr! :p) BTW, my apologies for not giving credit to EvntRydr's good stadium round, and Herculean efforts O/F cross country--I get so used to her getting her horse around clean--almost without exception--that I sometimes take it for granted that it will happen, and fail acknowledge that sometimes it's a bit difficult! ;) Apparently the Big Guy was somewhat (shall we say) "sticky", and she had to "use the bat" quite a bit (and behind her leg--while maintaining the steering--kudos! :D), and encourage him with all of the "available aids"...we've ALL had that happen, and though Wishes is experienced, he is "rusty", since he hasn't been to an HT in awhile--so it sounds like there was a little testing going on..."Mom, are you serious? Really??" ;) Anyway, great job of hanging in there, really *riding* him, and getting around double clear. :D (And this Saturday--when you are at the schooling day--we can REALLY work on getting him "in front of your leg" over some bigger stuff...come prepared with all your "weapons", and make sure your leg muscles are up to snuff!)

Catalina, when will you be there tomorrow? I'll be there from around 11:00- to 1:00-1:30...I'll be on the lookout (though it'll probably be easier for you to spot a chestnut and a grey than it will be for me to find a "particular" bay! :lol: I'll look for the blaze...)

S4zeus
Jun. 12, 2006, 05:36 PM
I will be begging for a ride to the Saturday volunteer schooling day. Will anybody be there? I am not sure what I will be schooling because the training course rode so well, and I don't have any immediate desire to go prelim. But I really would like to go. My mom jump judged for me all day so I would have this opportunity.

B Street Tango
Jun. 12, 2006, 05:52 PM
So how did I miss meeting you two?!?!?

I don't know, but I saw your Stadium round! I was one of the timers. You had a LOVELY go! So smooth and rythmic.

FrittSkritt, I was on the other side of the ring from you the WHOLE day and never even got to meet you...what a bummer!

Bit congrats to all who competed, especially Dr D who was just beaming on Saturday evening.

My boy had a fairly good go. Dressage wasn't as pretty as he's capable of but he was there for a confidence building in jumping so it didn't really matter. Catalina's (who also had a nice Stadium round!) trainer rode him for me. He didn't exactly clock around stadium...steering in between the jumps was an issue but he's so honest he took them all without too much encouragement and left all the rails in their cups. XC was mostly successful, he had an ADD moment at number 10 and I think it just took him by suprise. He came back around and jumped it no problem, went in the water after a step sideways and a little encouragement from the whip and finished with just a couple of time penalties. Overall, I was pleased, I think he had a good experience, was calm and happy the whole day and hopefully, we'll be able to put it together next weekend at Seneca.

S4zeus
Jun. 12, 2006, 08:37 PM
Does anyone know what the times are for schooling? I need to know before i ask for a ride. Thanks!

Sarah

DustInTime04
Jun. 12, 2006, 10:09 PM
i also had a great time at rubicon! it was my first training (training jr division).. so i was expecting to learn a lot on such a great course. dressage went pretty well, i wasn't riding as well as i should but we were in 8th with a 31.5. statium was also pretty good, except for an unfortunante rail on my part at #2. i think i was just a bit nervous, but it was alright, especially after seeing more than half of my divison pull rails. cross country though, was a BLAST. i have never had so much fun and we have never been in sync like that before! i was a bit worried about some fences (appearance wise) like jump #2 and the grill jump after the bank.. those were some crazy looking fences! but that course was beautiful. oh, and not to mention, a few strides away from the big brush, while i was adjusting, i dropped my crop! that was a bit scary... but it all ended great! anyways, since speed was 470mpm, i didn't really care about time..but we were just 6 seconds over! so overall, i finished my first training in the 30s (total of 37.9) and came home with a 6th place out of 21 (plus a awesome experience). on the way back from cross country, like 5 people told me how much fun i looked like i was having... :o) ohhh, did i! all in all, an awesome day!

zeus and invested-- great job! you all looked awesome!

thanks to volunteers too!

yellowbritches
Jun. 12, 2006, 10:12 PM
I had a blast all weekend! Eric made up for me having to scratch Ralph by letting me wizz around all day on Saturday in a golf cart...ok, actually, I started begging him for a golf cart job on Wednesday when I was there helping out and saw the pile of them by the barn!:winkgrin: That was great fun, and I got to see alot of cross country. I also enjoyed my time scribing on Sunday morning...my first time.

And I had the BEST time riding our little 4 yr. old around on Sunday afternoon. Though she certainly felt like a 4 yr old- on an acid trip- in dressage, she certainly didn't jump like one. Double clears stadium and cross country. I AM THRILLED WITH HER!!!! She'll go play tomorrow over the show jumping course in the evening...then it is dressage, dressage, dressage the rest of the week until Seneca!

I also managed to successfully coach our one client through his first horse trial. I missed his dressage test due to the drama that unfolded in the barn with little mare before I got on, so I didn't see what went wrong in dressage (he got the funniest comment from the judge! And the judge also appreciated his very nice horse, who we ALL really appreciate!). The had stadium with one rail...it wasn't the prettiest round ever, but they survived, and then they jumped clear around cross country. Zekey-boy was just kind enough to let his dad get away with some minor mistakes, and they both came back grinning! Yay!!!

Fun, fun, fun! Glad everyone else had a good time, too!!

Catalina
Jun. 13, 2006, 09:53 AM
Catalina, when will you be there tomorrow? I'll be there from around 11:00- to 1:00-1:30...I'll be on the lookout (though it'll probably be easier for you to spot a chestnut and a grey than it will be for me to find a "particular" bay! :lol: I'll look for the blaze...)
My friend (who has a solid black APHA tank) and I are hoping to get there around 1:15-1:30, so we might just catch each other :).

Invested1
Jun. 13, 2006, 09:59 AM
I don't know, but I saw your Stadium round! I was one of the timers. You had a LOVELY go! So smooth and rythmic.

Ah thanks! We definitely enjoy the jumping phases! :lol:

Wish I gotten a chance to say hi! Next time.....

And sounds like you had a lovely day too!! :D

PiedPiper
Jun. 13, 2006, 03:38 PM
Hey,

Sorry things have been a little busy so no time to type but things went fairly well. It was his first HT without having schooled it and things went well. Dressage ended up in a much worse score than expected but it was on the grass and was almost none existent by the time my last division went through. I tried to put studs in beforehand but of course found a rock in one hole! Ugh!

Stadium went double clear but not particularly pretty. He started off like a rocket but not sure where he thinks he was running to. He was a little surprised by each stadium jump but did smooth out near the end though I did lose a stirrup after 8. But overall not bad and know that stadium will be a work in progress.

Cross country went well. As we were walking around the start box awaiting our time countdown, Matt kept trying to go into the start box! lol. He started off great and actually really strong. Had a bobble at the drop down the bank and then a refusal at 10. I knew it would cause issues and tried to set things up better than I actually did I guess. It was an honest mistake and he was truly taken aback. Stopped in front, waiting a second then regrouped, circled and went over fine. With his whip issues I am very reluctant to go to it since I am not sure what kind of idiot I would have afterwards. Plus, it was definitely a green moment and not a jerk one.

Went on and completed well so was quite happy with us. We just schooled Rubicon this morning and he did well. No problems anywhere and realized my need to work on jumps going down a hill, needing to be able to kill the engine and then start it back up so he is accelerating properly to the jump. My timing is off some and allowing him to be too much on the forehand or too killed by the time we hit the jump. But overall pretty happy with him.

Must put a plug in on the great job that ytr45 did! :D She did her first BN jumps and really stepped up to the plate! She has a really really amazing boy! Definitely has an eventer there!

Also twoblackcats did a great job. Her boy is hmm, strong doesn't quite describe, mucho strong!! :winkgrin: He is a jumping machine but would rather pull her to the Prelim jumps than doing those dinky BN ones. What makes this amazing is two fold, one being he has never jumped that high before, and two b/c he is 23 years old! :eek: :lol: He is truly a unique horse and is really art in motion. He just wishes she would stop slowing him down and allow the full gallop to all those fun cross country jumps! She is an amazing rider to finesse the rides out of him she does and for putting up with his sensitive nature. :D

Really pleased to be riding next two such amazing riders. :D

And can't forget Gillian and her balls to the wall, riding. :D She is so much fun to watch those some times leaves me chuckling. Quite the riot. :)

cjmicro
Jun. 14, 2006, 03:32 PM
Fritt,

I am not sure if you were my stadium steward, (I rode around 3:45 Sat) but if you were, thanks! You were calling riders by name, and I think that really makes it nice, you don't feel so "out of it".

I thought at the time how nice it was to hear my name called (first name only of course, who the heck could pronounce my last name).

I always know it's me when the announcers say, "on course now is Cheryl M... M.... Mi....., well Cheryl & Opus" LOL

Cheryl

cjmicro
Jun. 14, 2006, 03:42 PM
I was there Sat, riding borrowed Alex (my friend's semi-retired prelim horse). It was too exciting. I waffled between doing xc or jumping at all, all day long. I'm sure my friends wanted to kill me. But I had never ridden the horse or even seen him until Friday! Rode him a half hour and thought, ok I can give it a try.

Dressage I felt inept, but he's a fancy horse and scored fine with no help from me <g>. Then on to stadium. In warmup I got a huge grin on my face, he obviously knows what he's doing! Had one bad fence (and it was REALLY bad and quite ugly, but Alex saved the day and left the rails up!!) - clean sj.

XC, I still wanted out... but they wouldn't let me. Convinced me to just try first fence, which I did, then the 2nd, and he could have cared less, then the third, then I said, shoot, on we go! He is not fit, so I just let him cruise about his own pace, and we got around in fine style, but with lots of time penalties.

I was thrilled to do all three phases on a new horse, much less actually not look like a total baboon :-) It was a tough course and in retrospect, he was the perfect horse to do it on. Great confidence builder.

Got to see Dr. Doolittle (who I met once before at DRPC) and then DustinTime, at least I think that was who I met, right (the dusty horse that used to be Boo's?--remember I came and introduced myself when I recognized Dusty!)

I was happy to finally have made it to an event there, what an awesome place, and great event.

Sorry I didn't get to meet more of you... Congrats to you Lee on your win!! Awesome job.

Cheryl & Alex (borrowed red horse :-)

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 14, 2006, 04:38 PM
Great job cjmcro! (I know when you stopped me to say hello during my dressage warmup, you seemed a little nervous about the prospect of piloting an unfamiliar horse--but it sounds like you pulled it off with aplomb! :D)

Yeah, Rubicon is the *best* venue--no complaints (except I wish they would hand out packets the night before...:sigh:) Are you planning to go in the fall?
(There must be a God--they have two events per year there! :D)

I find it hard to believe that the peerless Brian O'Connor (who should be cloned, IMO..can you tell I have a little crush? ;)) would get your name wrong--though he is human, after all (and your name IS *difficult!* :eek:)

(And thanks for the congrats; it was an ideal way to close out Novice for the girl...:)

DustInTime04
Jun. 14, 2006, 04:43 PM
Got to see Dr. Doolittle (who I met once before at DRPC) and then DustinTime, at least I think that was who I met, right (the dusty horse that used to be Boo's?--remember I came and introduced myself when I recognized Dusty!)

hey cheryl! it was great meeting you, i still think it is so cool you knew dusty when boo had him! :) glad to hear your ride was so good!

PiedPiper
Jun. 14, 2006, 04:44 PM
Dr. D-

He pronounced my last name incorrectly but not as badly as the person announcing stadium; she slaughtered it. :winkgrin:

Had a great time volunteering on Sat and got to sit with two friends and jump judge Prelim 16 and 17. Very educational and lots of fun!

We are planning on doing Surefire as well! :D

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 14, 2006, 04:51 PM
Pied Piper--is the ch pronounced "ICH", or "ICK?" I don't know this myself, so shame on me! :p (I'm crushed to hear the B O'C screwed it up--but I can't imagine how it could be screwed up *that badly*--as a result, I'm curious-- how did the stadium judge (mis) pronounce it??)

Re: Surefire...Yay! Okay, would this be considered too soon to start a Surefire thread?? Yeah, probably, since Seneca Valley hasn't even run yet! :p

Your boy is getting a lot of good experience this year, which I'm sure is giving him lots of confidence...:yes:

KateDB
Jun. 14, 2006, 05:06 PM
Hey PP, you were at 16/17? Then sitting with my friend KS. I had an overly zealous ride over 16, pulled up squiggled around (correctly) and trotted 17!

PiedPiper
Jun. 14, 2006, 05:10 PM
Yep I remember you! Actually you did a much more tactful approach than a few others that went through. :eek:

Did you ever find your boy's shoe?

Hope to see KS again soon. Just meet her a few weeks ago since I am the one who organized a clinic she did. She is a blast and definitely hope to see a lot more of her and her girl. :D Trying to talk her into doing the half star this fall.

PiedPiper
Jun. 14, 2006, 05:15 PM
Dr. D- it is pronounced "ick" which is one of the reasons I hypen and usually just go by my maiden. Plus, you know, when I become this big time upper level rider and my name is every where I don't want to run into the problem others have and when divorcing have to do that slow switch over. Just keeping things simple for the masses, see? :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep pretty happy with the boy. Will be at Seneca on Saturday and then Surefire one of the days riding, one volunteering. Not sure what I am doing after that, really need to get a job to make some money to spend on all of this stuff, funds are running low. :( :cool: Maybe I should start a fund. Anyone willing to donate to the " Keeping PP in the lifestyle to which she has become accustom" fund? :winkgrin:

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 14, 2006, 05:23 PM
PP--you are too funny!! :lol: :lol:

Too true, this whole "married then maiden-married then just maiden name" stuff has become quite the rage among well-known female eventers. :p

(Um...is there something that Mr. PP should know about???? :uhoh:)

PiedPiper
Jun. 14, 2006, 06:48 PM
No no, just a "just in case" kind of thing. :winkgrin: No, seriously, I am proud of being a Thompson and didn't want to get rid of it just because I tied the knot. Plus I was already far enough down the alphabet without going all the way to the end, god darn it! Always drove me nuts as a kid, nothing good was left to those at the end! :mad: :lol: But any future kids (read that FUTURE i.e. not being discussed AT ALL!!) would have his dreaded W. Bawhahaha. :cool:

Looking back I swear all I dated were boys with end of the alphabet last names and all I wanted was to be at the beginning. Now there is a life dream that will go unfullfilled. :cry: :winkgrin: Maybe my next life; though I think I may deserve to come back as a lessor desirable creature. :lol:

I think I am icon happy today! Woohoo! :lol: :lol: :lol: :cool: :eek: :cool:

Twoblackcats
Jun. 14, 2006, 07:08 PM
PP -
Awww shucks....thanks for the vote of confidence. I renewed my USEA membership...so look out this fall - big K will be barrelling through Novice! (unless of course you want to switch horses!)

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 14, 2006, 08:51 PM
PP--this has gotten WAAAY off topic! :lol:

I actually changed to my married name (Mr. Dr. D's), and went from the end of the alphabet (W), to almost the beginning (D)...:)

And I went from a German name to an Italian name--I don't know which is the lesser of the evils! :p (It's always easier to hyphenate two Anglo-Saxon type names; the Brits have been doing it for years! :winkgrin:)

PiedPiper
Jun. 14, 2006, 10:23 PM
See I am doing Anglo-Germanic so it is a little awkward but you are right, WAY off track. :D

TBC- No problem, but you know your boy is amazing! Just remember to release all that power! :eek: :lol:

TBC- we are on for Surefire? Excellent!

Dr.D- I talked to B Street and we are course walking Friday evening. When are you? Maybe meet up? I did something to my left heel so walking is a little painful but luckily I am fine riding. So will be there but may be a little gimpy. But I think you know all about that! :winkgrin: Yes you can see Matt's almost roached mane. My "mistake" so I can't braid. Bad bad me. :cool:

Invested1
Jun. 14, 2006, 10:32 PM
Onto the next important question----when do we get to see pictures?!?!?! :lol:

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 15, 2006, 12:48 AM
Pix, yes indeed! I've been checking GRC's website, but nothing so far (and lately they usually e-mail you anyway when the pix are up...)

Pied Piper--are we talking Surefire in terms of course walk? If so, yes, I will be walking it on Friday afternoon, complete with the "daughter and dog combo"--this time she will NOT jump him over any ditches! :lol:

PiedPiper
Jun. 15, 2006, 08:09 AM
Are you not doing Seneca? Oh, any of your students?

No that is what I was referring to, sorry for the confusion.

Onawhim
Jun. 15, 2006, 08:31 AM
I talked to Gary at GRC yesterday -- he's so nice! He said that they are working through the photos and hope to have everything posted by Friday.

Catalina
Jun. 15, 2006, 09:54 AM
GRC is up to #201.

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 15, 2006, 10:41 AM
PP--no students to coach, but one of my student's *horses" will be doing her first Training at Seneca, under another rider--(Joy's horse, Maggie--last year she had asked me whether I wanted to "take Mags T Level first", before Joy tried it with her--but I have enough on my plate as it is! :eek: An experienced (younger! :p) eventer friend of hers is taking her instead...she did one Novice with her so far this year--at Fair Hill--and placed 8th...Joy is hoping to do one T level herself with the mare before the end of the year.)

Anyway, good luck! And have a great time :)

DustInTime04
Jun. 15, 2006, 10:49 PM
man i can't wait for those pics to come up... i've just been hitting refresh on my computer all day :)

PiedPiper
Jun. 15, 2006, 10:59 PM
Well it is up to 300 now! So 31 one more and then I can see mine.

The suspense is killing me. :winkgrin:

S4zeus
Jun. 16, 2006, 12:42 AM
Wow, my pictures won't ever be up. It amazes me how the numbers were spread out. You can tell my scanning the pictures that there are some prelim riders, some training riders, and some novice. I didn't look enough to see if there were any BN pictures. I was number 395. People that rode later in the day than me have pictures posted already. Its kinda weird. I too am getting anxious, I want to see pictures. But I have a feeling that he hardly jumped any of the jumps, nothing really made him work.

PiedPiper
Jun. 16, 2006, 07:35 AM
All the numbers are up I think! :D

We have a few "interesting" ones. He really is in this lofting thing right now, just dangling over those stadium jumps. Ugh, very ugly! This had better be a stage he is going there! :eek:

JustJump250
Jun. 16, 2006, 08:02 AM
How are you guys seeing the pics? I keep refreshing to GRC's site and they don't have Rubicon posted yet! Ahh the suspense...

Invested1
Jun. 16, 2006, 08:52 AM
How are you guys seeing the pics? I keep refreshing to GRC's site and they don't have Rubicon posted yet! Ahh the suspense...

Ditto---I'm not seeing them either. :no:

Onawhim
Jun. 16, 2006, 08:57 AM
I found them by clicking on "services" then "equestrian and event photography" (or the photo of the horse/rider), then "2006 horse shows and events."

I'm assuming the link will be on the main page eventually.

Invested1
Jun. 16, 2006, 09:24 AM
Found them--thanks!
Kind of wish I hadn't looked though! :eek: :lol:

PiedPiper
Jun. 16, 2006, 01:47 PM
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=0EBK001W

S4zeus
Jun. 16, 2006, 02:48 PM
I got some good ones. I got really left over one in stadium. My good boy pulled me over it though. lol.

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001WA90006&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001WA90035&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001WA90031&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1&d=0&nphoto=0EBK001WA90032 wow, I am ducking like mad.

These are from the jumper show at Foxcroft
http://websitesupport.biz/horseshows/blueridge6-3-06b/pages/DSC_2146.htm can you tell there was a tight roll back after this?

Catalina
Jun. 16, 2006, 02:52 PM
S4zues: Your boy is adorable :D. What is his breeding?

S4zeus
Jun. 16, 2006, 03:13 PM
S4zues: Your boy is adorable :D. What is his breeding?

He is a Shire x Tennessee Walker. And yes, he was an intentional breeding. No accidents. lol. His full brother is owned by a hunter trainer here in VA.

Miss Maddie
Jun. 16, 2006, 03:52 PM
Pied Piper, was that you #331? You guys look awesome! He is such a GREAT looking horse! And you look like you're having so much fun. So glad things are going so well for you both. Congrats!

S4zeus
Jun. 17, 2006, 06:04 PM
Schooled at Rubicon today. Had a blast. We jumped some training stuff to get us rolling then jumped most of the prelim combinations. We did the prelim coffin and the prelim bank. We played in the water for a while and got confident jumping down the prelim drop into the water. Didn't do a whole lot, but had fun. Saw Dr. D. and EvntRyder hope you had a good schooling today too! There were lots of dogs running around. We had one that followed us all around the course and back to our trailer.

PiedPiper
Jun. 17, 2006, 08:49 PM
Aw, thanks Miss Maddie. I am a little :eek: about the hanging legs!

But did Seneca today things started off awful but seemed to end okay. Of course there is the ongoing truck saga so of course there was something new with it. :no: Anyway, dressage was horrendous with it being right next to cross country. He would not/could not concentrate and every time another horse went by, his head flew up and he was a giraffe again. So warm up was fun and when we went to our ring he seemed to think we were going out to jump! There were no correct canters and he was stiff the whole time, especially when we were facing the cross country. The judge had "seems a bit distracted" for our final comments. :eek: :D

I was quite frustrated with myself and feeling like I should have been able to finesse a better ride out of him but Gillian seem to think otherwise and stop beating myself up. (okay I am so tired/brain dead that I could not remember how you spell "beating" just completely blanked!)

Anyway long story short, stadium was much better than at Rubicon, much more on and NOT jumping over himself. He then finally got to do cross country and I think we are going to quickly need assistance in the startbox. He is quite excited about it. Ran great, and went clear. :D

I didnt wait around for the final score so not sure what time/speed faults I may have had but suppose to hear from some people who did stick around. So started off dismal but actually ended pretty nice. Actually definite talks about moving up to Novice since he was trying to slam through some of the small ones, just no respect. A little scary idea with our dressage the way it is but oh well. When he is on, he can win it, but when he is off, god damn it is ugly! :eek:

:D

Invested1
Jun. 19, 2006, 09:39 AM
Actually definite talks about moving up to Novice since he was trying to slam through some of the small ones, just no respect. A little scary idea with our dressage the way it is but oh well. When he is on, he can win it, but when he is off, god damn it is ugly! :eek: :D

hehe, we're in the same boat but it's not going to stop us from moving up to Training! :winkgrin:

PiedPiper
Jun. 19, 2006, 11:16 AM
Lol Invested! But I don't think your dressage is that bad! You guys have had some good scores!

Good luck on the move up, when are you doing it?

Invested1
Jun. 19, 2006, 12:48 PM
Lol Invested! But I don't think your dressage is that bad! You guys have had some good scores!

Good luck on the move up, when are you doing it?

And some really bad ones too! :lol:

Not positive when we're moving up. Looking like Difficult Run in August!! :eek: :D
And you?

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 19, 2006, 01:03 PM
You guys are too hard on yourselves...:D

(I have seen some *really* bad dressage tests over the years, as has everyone--and I'm afraid that you all *just don't qualify*! ;)

Anyway, PP, that's great that Matt got around the jumping phases so well at Seneca! I have a friend who did BN there with her greenbean, and she had the *exact* same problems in dressage--the proximity of the X-country course was just TOO distracting! :p) And the heat--yeesh! Quite a difference from Rubicon's weather...I guess summer is "officially here", :rolleyes:
(In any case, it sounds like he's starting to really enjoy attacking the jumping courses--you just need a nice *quiet* place to do your dressage test!)

I saw Zeus at Rubicon on Saturday (I was with two students who had volunteered and were "cashing in" their schooling coupons; I had gone myself with the Princess on Tuesday, and hopped over all the Training stuff, which was no big deal for her...hopefully Surefire's T course won't have any "big houses" :eek: on it! :p) Zeus apparently has that "good event horse brain", since his mom said he was processing slightly more difficult questions with no apparent anxiety: "Hmmm...this is a *little* more complicated...Okay, whatever--I can do this!" :winkgrin:

My Rubicon pix turned out pretty well (I was #155), so I may go ahead and buy the disk. (Better than DRHT's--I only got one page of proofs there!)

Anyway, I hope to see you all at Surefire--who's going?

(Let's all start crossing fingers now for "less oppressive weather!")

S4zeus
Jun. 19, 2006, 06:23 PM
hehe, we're in the same boat but it's not going to stop us from moving up to Training! :winkgrin:

My dressage didn't stop me from moving up. We have glipses of great dressage but can't put it together at a recognized HT. I had a great test at Elysian, but that won't qualify me for AEC's. I am not really trying to qualify but it would be cool.

Dr. D-Are you gonna do any more hunter shows? Zeus showed me how versatile he still is by going to Carter Oak this weekend and ending up champion in the workings. :winkgrin: We actually won our hack as well!

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 19, 2006, 08:17 PM
Zeus--Woo Hoo, and good for you! :D (It's nice to have a "versatile horse"...:)

(Though we do like to try to keep this stuff "on the QT" when it comes to the eventing board...;) :lol:)

I think the only hunter shows I'll probably do this year are the Warrenton shows--they are just *so* nicely run...The next one is the weekend after Surefire (and I'm planning to go), but the one after that coincides with DRHT, unfortunately. I like to do them periodically just to remind the Princess that she doesn't *have* to barrel around courses like a house afire; however, she seems to know the difference between stadium courses and hunter courses, and is "totally relaxed and in her hunter rythm" when she know it's a hunter course--she even gets pissy in the corners with her lead changes! :lol: On stadium courses at HTs, she's like a different horse: on the muscle, ears pricked the whole time, auto-changing, trying to run through the aids (though she *does* come back to me, thank goodness!), and tending to overjump everything she normally would "flow over" at a hunter show. (Of course the jumps *are* quite different...:p) So I don't know whether it actually does HER any good, since she's clearly "wise to it" :winkgrin: She already has enough hunter championships at this point, so I now just do them ocassionally mostly for my *own* benefit...it helps me tune my eye.

Invested1
Jun. 20, 2006, 09:19 PM
but that won't qualify me for AEC's. I am not really trying to qualify but it would be cool.

Ditto. Though I'm thinking I may go down and watch regardless.
I think I'm only planning on doing one more recognized Novice--Waredaca in August, then I'll move up to Training at Difficult Run.
Any idea when the Irish bank and trakhener will be open for schooling?!?

S4zeus
Jun. 20, 2006, 11:21 PM
Ditto. Though I'm thinking I may go down and watch regardless.
I think I'm only planning on doing one more recognized Novice--Waredaca in August, then I'll move up to Training at Difficult Run.
Any idea when the Irish bank and trakhener will be open for schooling?!?

If you go down and watch, if you don't already have plans, we could split gas costs and go down and cheer together.

I am not sure when/if the Irish Bank and Trakhener will open. I never got to school the Irish bank, but that rode fine. I will be doing Training again at DRPC and my goal is to get around clean this time. That Trakhener won't get us again.

Dr. Doolittle
Jun. 21, 2006, 12:35 AM
If you guys go down (to the AECs), maybe you could help cheer me on! :)
(It's a good time even if you're not competing--in fact, when I went down to coach Joy last year, I was actually relieved that I was "helping", and not riding...it's a lot less pressure, and you can actually enjoy the experience! :winkgrin:)

As for the Irish bank at FP, it *does* look formidable, but from all that I hear, it rides pretty well--even for those who haven't schooled it. (Which will be most of us, since I doubt they'lle open it up before the Horse Trials...:sigh:)

Invested1
Jun. 22, 2006, 09:24 AM
Woohoo, got to school Rubicon! We did the training jumps and actually a couple of the prelim ones!! :eek: Tedi was perfect!! :D
He wiggled a little at the Training....Stone Wall, I think it was called? But with a little encouragement, he sailed right over.
Have I ever mentioned I loff my pony?! :lol: