PDA

View Full Version : Difficult Run, Less Than a Week away!!

S4zeus
Apr. 26, 2006, 11:13 PM
I have recieved my tentative times! I asked for an early dressage time because I was planning on going to the Gold Cup on saturday, well I bagged my Gold Cup plans but am stuck with an early dressage time. lol.

Dressage is Saturday: 8:03am

Cross Country is Sunday: 8:51am

Stadium is Sunday: 10:11am

Should be a quick day on Sunday. I am seriously worried about the Trakhner. I was unsuccessful in the last schooling I had. I am thinking I will give it one shot and call it a day if we don't get over it. I don't want to end my first training with me trying to beat him over a fence that I am not so hot about myself! lol.

What does everyone elses times look like?

Dr. Doolittle
Apr. 27, 2006, 12:30 AM
Hey S4Zeus...

I just got the e-mail from Steve as to times--yay! :D (He's always SO good about getting the times up early! :))

You will have two *early* days! :eek: At least it frees up the rest of the day for you...(I will have to set my VCR to record Rolex on Sunday...:sigh:)

I'm riding dressage at 3:51 Saturday, cross country at 1:42 Sunday, and stadium at 3:15...(IMO--as a "no-morning person"--those are GREAT times! :D)

Pied Piper rides on Saturday, and her latest time (I'm assuming it's stadium) is 6 something!

I can certainly understand your misgivings about the Trakehner, after having problems with it in schooling--it's definitely a "troublesome" fence for many! :(
OTOH, I was *extremely* impressed with both you and Zeus, who "kicked ass" over the rest of the Training course...he is an awesome horse, with tremendous scope--and you are clearly a natural rider; together, you are a lovely pair--and you should do well at Training this year.
(One of my students was eliminated at the AECs last year at the Trakehner--her mare *still* has problems with them! :( IOW, you are not alone, so if I were you I would consider it "a problem to be worked on", as opposed to something that will haunt you all year...luckily, not all Training Level courses have Trakehners on them--and those that do tend to have "less daunting" ones than Frying Pan's! ;)) In any case, good luck at DRHT--I hope to see you, but then again, you will probably be done and gone by the time I'm arriving to warm up! :p (Let me know if you need help with Zeus, though, since I'm so close by...)

oreo
Apr. 27, 2006, 12:49 AM
Other than the first year it was installed (when Buck Davidson got dumped there much to everyone's (except his) amusement), the Trakehner hasn't been a problem. It is almost 100% clean at each HT. Its kind of like the Novice Log Wagon that freaks the riders but the horses are OK as long as the rider kicks on. DRPC put some bigger 1/2 rounds in front of the Trakehner after the first year to be extra sure that horses couldn't prop and slide into it. Don't let it worry you - its all a head game and if you are cool about it, the horse will be too. Honestly there are almost no stops there unless the horse/rider combination doesn't trust each other. :yes: Also remember you can get a good head of speed and then balance the canter nicely to it thru the flat cow field, which probably most people don't do when schooling it. Its also late in the course and the horses are full of being "the man" or "the mare" at that point......and not thinking about stopping.

Paddy's Bank (the rolling bank in the back field) also freaked everyone out for a while, but also no stops. Again, it was a head game.....isn't it always?

Good luck!

oreo
Apr. 27, 2006, 01:21 AM
Just as an afterthought - I don't think horses have problems with Trakehners - I think RIDERS have problems with them and the horses pick up on the rider's fear and react accordingly. Course designers are trying to test a bunch of stuff (including steering, which most riders don't test when schooling, but that's another discussion) and the determination of the rider. If you don't react differently to a Trakehner than a regular bank or chevron or whatever, unless you have a VERY nervous horse, he/ she shouldn't either.

Those with VERY nervous horses should do either a lot of schooling or find the horse a new career IHMO. I have exactly one that I bought as a baby, isn't nervous around people but will I know freak at a XC course. He will make a perfect Hunter - breaks my heart.

PiedPiper
Apr. 27, 2006, 08:21 AM
Yep I think I am destined for late times this season! I have NEVER had times this late. Stadium after 6! Goodness, had to ask the hubby if it was still light out then. :winkgrin:

Since this will be the first time Matt is braided I think the later times is somewhat helpful. Maybe be trying to braid for awhile. :lol:

Dr.D- thanks for the offer to help! Gillian will be there to coach a few students but not sure how she feels about my late times. I will let you know. I am very impressed with the early date we got times. Very helpful.

Oreo- I know that they schooled the trakener from the cow field when they were schooling. I am pretty sure that I have seen refusals at the trakener in years past. Need to go back and check scores or I am sure Janet would know. Just thankful I am not there yet! I have a thing for ditches and most definitely trakeners.

s4zeus- We will need to set up a schooling at Wingreen with Gillian. I know that they have some ones to work on.

Good luck to everyone! I am so excited, this is our rec debut and move up to BN. Same goes to B Street Tango too!

Apr. 27, 2006, 10:54 AM
I will be there as well. It will be my horses 2nd training. As far as the trakehners go, I was worried about that as well since the only one we had ever schooled had a smaller ditch and the log wasnt as high so you could barely see the ditch. Then when we did Redland last weekend, I just made sure I looked above the rail and made sure I had a good pace and my horse never looked at. I do agree its more of a rider issue. S4: im sure you will be fine. im really looking forward to it especially since we had a very positive ride at Redland. I also love stabling "on show grounds" as opposed to going back & forth. My times are early Sat d: 8:45 sun, 9:05 & 10:25. Should be home by dinner time on Sunday.
It will be my first Adult Rider get together as well.
Good luck to everyone. Weather looks good (well up til fri anyway)

Catalina
Apr. 27, 2006, 11:11 AM
This will be mine and my horses second event ever (we are doing BN) and, after a fairly successful time at Redlands, I am really looking forward to DR. We have a loooong Saturday, though, with Dressage at 10:30 and Stadium at 4:10. My friend that I am trailering has a Dressage time of 8:30 am :eek:- very long day.

Janet
Apr. 27, 2006, 12:16 PM
It appears I will be jump judging on Saturday. DON'T stop to say hi!

Invested1
Apr. 27, 2006, 01:39 PM
I'm really happy with my times! :yes:
All Sunday---11:00, 12:50 and 2:11pm. Awesome!! :D

And I'm so looking forward to this event!!

S4zeus
Apr. 27, 2006, 04:13 PM
Dr. D, thanks for the kind words. I love Zeus. The more he does and the better he gets just makes me so happy as he was considered by more than one trainer to be "unbreakable". :lol:

I know that for us, the problem with the trakhner is me. I have jumped it cleanly once, but if I ride poorly to it then it gives him the opportunity to look and decide it doesn't look so good. I won't let it get to me, I will ride the rest of the course like I rode it in schooling, come to the Trakhner with good pace, do my damndest to keep my eyes up and my leg on. Like Gillian told me, ride the fence to get left. :yes: I am really good at slipping my reins for a reason! :winkgrin: lol. So forward is all I will be thinking to that fence. Look forward to seeing a bunch of COTH'ers. :D

FrittSkritt
Apr. 27, 2006, 05:14 PM
If anyone needs a stall for Sunday, let me know... I have to get one for my guy, but we're only competing on Sat, so it'll be empty on Sunday. :sigh: I wish I didn't have to pay for the whole weekend.

fergie
Apr. 28, 2006, 12:03 AM
Everything on that course rides great! I love that event. Everyone there is SO nice and helpful. I took both of my horses for the first time and had a blast! Everything was top notch. Steve does a great job!

B Street Tango
Apr. 28, 2006, 12:18 AM
Yup, we'll be there! The last week has been very sporadic with schooling/riding so I'm hoping we can kick it back in to gear and be just fine. Funny thing is, I'm mostly worried about Stadium! With my last horse, XC was the bugger. I know we can get around, just hoping it's clean...not too concerned about pretty at this point. :winkgrin:

oreo
Apr. 29, 2006, 01:02 AM
Dr. D, thanks for the kind words. I love Zeus. The more he does and the better he gets just makes me so happy as he was considered by more than one trainer to be "unbreakable". :lol:

I know that for us, the problem with the trakhner is me. I have jumped it cleanly once, but if I ride poorly to it then it gives him the opportunity to look and decide it doesn't look so good. I won't let it get to me, I will ride the rest of the course like I rode it in schooling, come to the Trakhner with good pace, do my damndest to keep my eyes up and my leg on. Like Gillian told me, ride the fence to get left. :yes: I am really good at slipping my reins for a reason! :winkgrin: lol. So forward is all I will be thinking to that fence. Look forward to seeing a bunch of COTH'ers. :D

Good luck and kick on - and don't forget to have a fun ride! I really do think that b/c its towards the end of the course and your horse can see the start and other horses, it will ride fine.

oreo
Apr. 29, 2006, 01:09 AM
[QUOTE=PiedPiper]

Oreo- I know that they schooled the trakener from the cow field when they were schooling. I am pretty sure that I have seen refusals at the trakener in years past. Need to go back and check scores or I am sure Janet would know. Just thankful I am not there yet! I have a thing for ditches and most definitely trakeners.
QUOTE]

There really haven't been many stops there - like my previous post, I think it is where it is on the course that helps......AEC had a trakener at Novice in 2004, and that did help to sort out the "men" from the "boys" or "girls". I assume its still there, but couldn't go last year.

But at the point of being boring, I do think the Trakenher will ride fine - just rest assured that the 1/2 round will stop any props and slides into the ditch.....and kick on and have fun :D

Invested1
Apr. 29, 2006, 11:00 AM
Funny thing is, I'm mostly worried about Stadium! :winkgrin:

Yup, me too!
Though in my last lesson, we were working on staying calm and collected to the fence---trying to jump more round rather than gunning at the fence, jumping it flat and catching it with back feet. :sigh:

One more jumping lesson Tuesday--we'll see what we can do.....

Janet
Apr. 29, 2006, 11:41 AM
That is, at least in part, because those of us whose horse WILL NOT JUMP THE FPP TRAKHENER (even though they jump every other Trakhener fine) simply DON'T enter DRPC.

That is the one and only reason I will be jump judging instead of competing.

There really haven't been many stops there - like my previous post, I think it is where it is on the course that helps......AEC had a trakener at Novice in 2004, and that did help to sort out the "men" from the "boys" or "girls". I assume its still there, but couldn't go last year.

But at the point of being boring, I do think the Trakenher will ride fine - just rest assured that the 1/2 round will stop any props and slides into the ditch.....and kick on and have fun :D

PiedPiper
Apr. 29, 2006, 07:22 PM
Thank you Janet, my point exactly. It is a damn hard jump and not very inviting.

oreo
Apr. 30, 2006, 11:47 PM
That is, at least in part, because those of us whose horse WILL NOT JUMP THE FPP TRAKHENER (even though they jump every other Trakhener fine) simply DON'T enter DRPC.

That is the one and only reason I will be jump judging instead of competing.

Do you think there is anything else they can do to help make it more rider friendly? DRPC is very "user friendly" and I know they've made many changes over the years based on rider feedback. Although I think they have been trying to make the course a bit more "challenging" over recent years, without trying to make it too difficult for their traditional horse/rider base.

Janet
May. 1, 2006, 11:00 AM
Do you think there is anything else they can do to help make it more rider friendly? DRPC is very "user friendly" and I know they've made many changes over the years based on rider feedback. Although I think they have been trying to make the course a bit more "challenging" over recent years, without trying to make it too difficult for their traditional horse/rider base.

There is nothing wrong with the fence per se. The problem is with my horse who has a strong "opinion".

What would make a difference to me would be to have an EVEN SMALLER version (Like BN height) to school over.

Dr. Doolittle
May. 1, 2006, 11:14 AM
It's too bad there aren't more opportunities to school (as Janet says) over a "smaller version" of the dreaded Trakehner...complete with revetted ditch filled with water. (Though maybe not *as* big a ditch as the one at FP!...same general idea, though.) They have "Trakehner-like" fences at both Gordonsdale and Surefire--the one at Gordonsdale has a "depression" under it, sort of ditch-like, but not re-vetted (or water-filled)--the one at Surefire has a box-type ditch under it, but it's shallow, and filled with mulch...They have a couple down at Wingreen; one that's between trees and has a big ditch/depression under it--and another out in their main cross country field that is revetted, has a "small side" and a "bigger side" to jump over, but then again, the ditch under it is not deep and water-filled. (I've taken my mare over all of the aforementioned, and she had "nary a peek"...However, I have NO idea what she'll think of Frying Pan's--I shall soon find out, however! :p)

You would think that they would build more small, easily doable Trakehners so as to prepare Novice horses for what they will encounter at Training Level. (They have smaller versions of most *other* questions and jumps at BN and N Level...) One of my students was eliminated at the Trakehner at the AECs las year--she was going Novice, and her mare hadn't seen one on course (she schooled the one at Wingreen last summer, but though the mare stuck--and WAAAY overjumped it--she *did* go...however, it wasn't as intimidating as the one at the AECs, OR Frying Pan's--in terms of how it looks...hard to find one that is, but that's also smaller and more inviting, so could be used as a "confidence-building schooling opp"...:()

S4zeus
May. 1, 2006, 04:35 PM
There is nothing wrong with the fence per se. The problem is with my horse who has a strong "opinion".

What would make a difference to me would be to have an EVEN SMALLER version (Like BN height) to school over.

Gillian told me when i schooled the Friday before last that the fence was poorly designed. I guess there is nothing wrong with the fence, but she said the way it is set in the ground and in the fence line and I am not sure what else.

S4zeus
May. 2, 2006, 03:25 PM
bumping up...less than a week! I will be hauling up Friday evening. Staying all day Saturday, was gonna go to Gold Cup but don't want added stress of trying to make it back to the Plains. See ya this weekend!!

InVA
May. 2, 2006, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE=oreo]Just as an afterthought - I don't think horses have problems with Trakehners - I think RIDERS have problems with them and the horses pick up on the rider's fear and react accordingly.

AMEN to that - just think of the trahkener as a simple vertical log jump Without a ditch under it. EASY!

S4zeus
May. 2, 2006, 03:39 PM
Easy yes, but not so easy when you are riding up to it. I am going to do my darndest on sunday to ride to it thinking a log. but I am still nervous about it.

Dr. Doolittle
May. 2, 2006, 06:16 PM
S4ZEUS--I think it *may* be less of an issue once you are out on course, getting a good, flowing gallop, and thinking "aim for home" after you jump into the cow field :D...He may be more apt to "just do it", if you continue to think forward, and ride him *all the way to the fence* (and beyond...;))

In any case--good luck! I'll be pulling for you and thinking good thoughts. :)

It's too bad we can't put together some sort of "COTHers get-together", since there will be a decent number of us there--of course our times are kind of all over the map, which makes it difficult...:p I'm going to attempt to sneak some beer in, in any case (not that Steve and Co. cares! :lol:) I'll have a stall in the Pony Barn, but will just be "parking" my horse there, not leaving her overnight...Anyone who wants to can come find me--my horse's name is "Hope Springs Eternal"; obviously I don't have my number yet, but will by Friday...(And will be out walking the course on Friday afternoon, with my 11 year old daughter in tow...)

BTW, apparently ALL the Novice dressage rides on Saturday will be in the indoor. :sigh: Though my darling "Princess Spook" has been in there *at least* 25 times, she will no doubt take exception to Lucy and the scribe sitting at a card table on a flatbed truck, along with everything else that she usually spooks at...:rolleyes: (Of course I'm planning to RIDE her as though they are NOT there! ;))

In any case, good luck to all!
(I gave Pied Piper a dressage lesson today on Mattie, and he looked fabulous...once he gets some experience under his belt, he will be an awesome event horse! :yes:)

Invested1
May. 3, 2006, 12:44 PM
Dr. D,
How'd you find out that the Saturday dressage tests are indoors? Do you happen to know about the Sunday tests? And is Lucy judging all Novice dressage?
Thanks!

AshKnoll
May. 3, 2006, 06:37 PM
I will be there in BNR sr, and so far I have ride times on Sat of 9:45ish, then 2:20 and 3:56pm. I am going to have fun trying to find a way to entertain my horse for 4 hours between dressage and xcountry.

Anyway, if anyone else will be around for that 6 hour block on Saturday I would love to meet up with some fellow bbers. My name is Carolyn, and my horse's name is Whittington's Cat and she is a dark bay with four white socks, and has a blaze with a big chunk missing out of the top of it.

Good luck to everyone.

Dr. Doolittle
May. 3, 2006, 06:47 PM
Carolyn,

Feel free to use my stall! I'm in the pony barn, and won't be there until around 2:30 or 3 on Saturday--please help yourself, and if you like, I can let Steve know we're stall sharing (I'm assuming that it would be okay, but I can check...;)) If you could pick it out, that's all you need to do...(I know how taxing those long waits can be...:rolleyes:)

Invested--I just e-mailed Steve and asked him. (I don't know about Sunday--it's crap shoot! And yes, it's usually Lucy judging in the indoor, though someone usually spells her in the afternoon...)

AshKnoll
May. 3, 2006, 09:36 PM
Dr. Doolittle I sent you a PM.

Miss C
May. 4, 2006, 01:00 AM
Well, my mare is now hopping lame -- I'm hoping just an abscess -- but we won't make it this weekend. I was looking forward to the Training course, but I guess we'll have to settle for schooling it later on.

Have fun, all!

piaffeprincess98
May. 4, 2006, 07:09 AM
I will be there Sunday working for GRC and maybe shooting video this time.

PiedPiper
May. 4, 2006, 08:30 AM
I will be there Sunday working for GRC and maybe shooting video this time.

Hey, who is the attractive young man working at Morven last weekend? He seem to have quite the interest in my friend last weekend! :D She was waiting forever to do stadium and they were chit chatting for quite awhile. :winkgrin:

He finally got called to do some work!

:D

Invested1
May. 4, 2006, 09:47 AM
Well, my mare is now hopping lame -- I'm hoping just an abscess -- but we won't make it this weekend. I was looking forward to the Training course, but I guess we'll have to settle for schooling it later on.

Have fun, all!

Oh no!! Hope she's all better soon!! :yes:

If it makes you feel better, I can commiserate a little. My boy has just been a little... weird the past couple days. I threw him on the lunge last night and it looks like his left stifle was a bit sticky when going to the left. So, I stretched his back legs out and rubbed some liniment on his stifles. He's getting today and tomorrow off, and I'll give him a really good long and low warmup on Saturday. Hopefully he'll be good to go for Sunday. Fingers crossed!!

I tell ya, that boy is just too smart for his own good. Last year, he was a pro at pulling shoes the week before a show, so far this year, he's tending to be a bit off (just enough to freak mom out to give him some down time) right before a show. :sigh: :rolleyes:

Catalina
May. 4, 2006, 10:51 AM
I will be there in BNR sr, and so far I have ride times on Sat of 9:45ish, then 2:20 and 3:56pm. I am going to have fun trying to find a way to entertain my horse for 4 hours between dressage and xcountry.

Anyway, if anyone else will be around for that 6 hour block on Saturday I would love to meet up with some fellow bbers. My name is Carolyn, and my horse's name is Whittington's Cat and she is a dark bay with four white socks, and has a blaze with a big chunk missing out of the top of it.

Good luck to everyone.We are in the same division :D. My times are 10:30, 2:34 and 4:10. My horse's name is Tyberious and he will be the big bay Tb with two white socks who is being a total idiot (this is his second event ever).

Invested1
May. 4, 2006, 10:58 AM
he will be the big bay Tb with two white socks who is being a total idiot

Heh, gonna be hard to tell your horse from mine! :lol: :lol: :lol:

FrittSkritt
May. 4, 2006, 11:11 AM
I'll be there around 8:30 AM Saturday morning, even though my dressage time isn't until 10:48... I might be sleeping in my car during the day! ;)

My guy is a smaller bay TB with a triangular star and will probably be looking around and acting like a moron.

I'm a little freaked because my trainer will NOT be there, and I do so much better if I have a ground person providing feedback on my dressage warmup! Even if it's just "pick up your hands, shorten your reins, DON'T LEAN FORWARD," it makes a huge difference. :sigh:

Catalina
May. 4, 2006, 02:39 PM
Even if it's just "pick up your hands, shorten your reins, DON'T LEAN FORWARD," it makes a huge difference. :sigh: triggerfoot will be nearby watching Ty and I go- I could ask her to give you some reminders as you go in the ring (you go right after me, correct?) :winkgrin:.

Janet
May. 4, 2006, 02:49 PM
I am jump judging Sat afternoon.

FrittSkritt
May. 4, 2006, 03:15 PM
Catalina/pic - yes, that would be great!

B Street Tango
May. 4, 2006, 04:05 PM
Jumper63, Catalina and Fritt, I would have been in your division, too. My scheduled dressage was at 10:42. Unfortunately, I scratched this morning. My boy got kicked pretty hard in the gaskin and although he is improving, I don't think he's going to be sound enough to go. But I'll be there routing some others on so I'll keep an eye for you and come say, "Hi."

Janet
May. 4, 2006, 04:06 PM
To show my age- "Bummer."

Jumper63, Catalina and Fritt, I would have been in your division, too. My scheduled dressage was at 10:42. Unfortunately, I scratched this morning. My boy got kicked pretty hard in the gaskin and although he is improving, I don't think he's going to be sound enough to go. But I'll be there routing some others on so I'll keep an eye for you and come say, "Hi."

B Street Tango
May. 4, 2006, 04:33 PM
hahaha, I know Janet...Big bummer. But he'll be okay to go another time and that's really all that matters. But I was looking forward to getting out there, he's been doing so well. We'll just have that much more time to get ready for Waredaca.

PiedPiper
May. 4, 2006, 04:39 PM
Hey I just got your message. I am so sorry to hear that! :( So looking forward to them being eventing buddies again.

I hope that he continues to improve and is all better by the weekend. Definitely smart to play it safe but definitely worth a pity party.

S4zeus
May. 4, 2006, 04:46 PM
Sorry B Street: I hope everything heals well and you have a wonderful run at Waredaca.

Is anyone else getting super nervous for this weekend? All of a sudden today at about noon I got the butterflies really bad. I shouldn't be all that worried, I had a super lesson yesterday at 3'3-3'6". I know my dressage test, I am going up tomorrow evening. Should be there around 8 ish. probably just too late to do any course walking. But honestly I am SO nervous right now. My stomach is doing back flips.

Dr. Doolittle
May. 4, 2006, 04:58 PM
Hey everyone--bummer indeed to those with "horse issues"! :( Dang...it's always *so* frustrating to have to scratch at the last minute, but it doesn't sound like any of the problems mentioned are serious in nature, so at least you won't have to deal with "long down times", and will be on to the next one! :) Was Steve able to fill your spot(s) from the wait list? Since he has an extensive WL, you may at least get most of your entry fee back. (I couldn't recover any of my entry fee at Redlands when I had to scratch; apparently there *wasn't* a WL in my division!...:sigh:)

Anyway, Invested--keep us posted! (Hope to see you and the boy there, fingers crossed! And may you get lucky and pull Lucy as your dressage judge! :D Me, too--since she apparently also likes MY horse!)

S4Zeus--keep the faith! Your boy is a *great* jumper (and with his size and scope he can "step" over everything out there...:winkgrin:) Try some deep breathing (it always helps me), and maybe a few cocktails (the night before, not the day of!! :eek:) to take your mind off of everything "nerve wracking" (also works for me...:lol:)...I'm sure you'lle have a blast--too bad I'll miss seeing any of your phases!

S4zeus
May. 4, 2006, 05:03 PM
Dr. D- I am trying to breathe. I went to the gym after work and that helped clear my mind and helped me relax. I also went tanning, while I was in the stand up bed I ran through my dressage test a few times and mentally ran through the xc course. I will need someone to get the cocktails for me. I am only 19. lol.

Who is judging the Training Tests?

PiedPiper
May. 4, 2006, 05:05 PM
Naw, I am in the neutral phase though it is dawning on me that I should probably look over the dressage test again. :winkgrin: Can't really remember it from two weeks ago.

Nope, had a great dressage lesson with Dr. D and a great jumping one with Gillian so we are as ready as we will ever be. Plus Matt just got poked and prodded and stretched by Dr. Dill so has tomorrow off and off we go!

I will start getting nervous the night before or the day of, then dread the whole ordeal, then complain to the hubby on why I do this, then have to quickly backtrack when he says "quit and save us some money!", and then FINALLY be THRILLED once it is is wrapping to a close. Of course then it will be a nonstop recap of the highs and lows and everythign inbetween, and how much I love the horse, hubby, the event, ME, etc until everyone gets tired of hearing me. :lol::D

So nervous? No. Neurotic and a little nutty? Absolutely. :yes: :cool:

Dr. Doolittle
May. 4, 2006, 05:08 PM
Oh, my! :lol::lol: (Ah, to be 19 again and "not yet legal"...:D)

It sounds like you are doing all the right things in preparation; this should help with your "confidence level". (And of course once you're on board the "big guy", you will probably be fine...:))

I don't know about the T Level dressage judge--if you ride inside, and early--it will probably be Lucy. (We will *all* find out tomorrow, in any case ;))

Dr. Doolittle
May. 4, 2006, 05:11 PM
Pied Piper...:lol: :lol: What our poor, long-suffering hubbies have to put up with! :winkgrin:

You will kick butt and have fun...that's funny about Dr. Dill; he went right ffrom doing The Princess (at 11:45) to doing Matt--I even talked to him about you, and told him to say hi (which I hope he remembered to do...:))

Invested1
May. 4, 2006, 05:15 PM
Well, I wasn't nervous until the past couple days with Tedi being weird. I'm doing some reading on stifle issues right now and he really fits the bill on some of the symptoms.
So, really, I'm just nervous that he won't all loosened up...... :sigh:

PiedPiper
May. 4, 2006, 05:17 PM
Not at first, and I was a little confused how he seemed to know some things that I didn't think I had told him or the office, but finally got it about midway through. :lol:

He was working on Matt for a good amount of time. Actually just did it in the driveway by his car. :lol:

So things are falling into place though my checkbook is taking quite a hit right now! Reassured the hubby that they are all essentials! But it is for his pride and joy so very little complaining. Just have to look at him and ask, "Do you really want Matt to go without/hurt/have less than his rival aka the grumpy one/want for anything/etc?"

Works like a charm. :yes: :cool:

Dr. D- are you walkign the course tomorrow? I am doing it with Gillian on Saturdya but was thinking to peruse it myself before hand. Want to meet up? I would be more than happy to walk Training with you anyway. Alway like walking the higher levels. Got used to those Int and Advances. Really puts what ever level I am in, in perspective. :winkgrin:

Dr. Doolittle
May. 4, 2006, 06:12 PM
Hey PP...

Yeah, how funny! :D (And he IS pricey--ouch!, but I would use no one else, and recommend him to everyone--many of my students use him, and are *very* happy! Plus he's just a great guy--funny, personable, has a fantastic memory--and is simply *wonderful* with all beasts...human AND equine! :p)

Too funny about your hubby--mine is pretty good that way, though I don't feel that he loves The Vo-ess QUITE as much as he loved Felix...when Felix died he was just overwhelmed with grief. :sigh: Anyway, "nothing is too good for The Princess" (or in your case, "The Prince"...:D)

Yes, I will be out there tomorrow afternoon (with Diana in tow, whining, no doubt, about how hot it is...she's a "rainy day lover", kooky kid...:p), and should be there between 3 and 4. I will probably just check out a few of the T fences--I'm pretty familiar with all of them...If I'm not going T with "the girl" by the summer I'll just have to pack it all in and give up...my body is falling apart, but the spirit is still willing--and she's *more* than ready! Luckily for you, you are young enough to have some time before you become "physically decrepid"...and your boy is still young too.

Invested--good luck with Tedi! I hope he loosens up in time to compete! (Maybe a Dr. Dill treatment would help him out, too...let me know if you would like his contact info...the man should *really* start giving me kickbacks for all the referrals! ;))

Whisper
May. 4, 2006, 08:29 PM
B Street and Miss C, I hope your horses heal up soon! Sorry you can't go this time. :(

Invested, I hope whatever it is turns out to be minor, and you are still able to go.

S4Zeus, Catalina, Frittskrit, PiedPiper, Dr. D, and 2869, good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures from the competition. :D

Dr. Doolittle
May. 5, 2006, 12:00 AM
Thanks, Whisper...here's hoping *everyone* has a good (and successful) weekend! :)

Catalina
May. 5, 2006, 09:52 AM
B Street: Sorry to hear about your guy :(. Hope he is all better soon. Are you doing BNR at Waredaca? I just got my acceptance post card a couple of days ago, maybe I will see you there.

Thanks Whisper and everyone else :). My goal is to improve on a 44.something in Dressage :eek: and to get through the water (and over everything else). This is Ty's second event ever, so it is still up in the air as to what will happen.

Good luck all, hope to see you around.

Fritt: I will relay the message to triggerfoot that she is your "coach" for the day :winkgrin:.

Janet
May. 5, 2006, 12:00 PM
It looks as if I will be on fence 12 on Saturday. Of course, that may change.

Dr. Doolittle
May. 5, 2006, 06:26 PM
I just walked the course with Pied Piper--I have to say, though it's *extremely* dry, Difficult Run PC has done a heck of a job preparing the footing--there are only a few bad places (hard and dry, with some ruts), mostly in the cow field--a tough job with the cows being in there all the time...

We could SO use some rain! :sigh:

In case you check this thread, Jumper63--all is well with the stall--I sent you an e-mail...:)

S4zeus
May. 6, 2006, 12:08 AM
My horse wsa nicely settled in at about 9 o'clock tonight. Hope to see some of you tomorrow. I ride early early at 8:03 then will be around for a couple hours with my mom. I will be back in the late afternoon to feed and make sure I am all set for Sunday.

Anyone want to walk the Training level course with me at some point tomorrow?

S4zeus
May. 6, 2006, 04:26 PM
I met my goal of getting a 50 or better in my first Training Level Dressage Test. I got a 44.5. I didn't balance coming out of the corner and I we ended up breaking into a canter during our trot lengthen. I had a couple tense moments but over all it wasn't a bad test. My canter work I was pleased with. Didn't see anyone. Going back soon to feed and possible trot around a bit. I hate that he doesn't get turnout. He loves turnout. If I don't ride I may longe a bit just so that he can stretch his legs.

Miss C
May. 6, 2006, 08:17 PM
S4Zeus --

Congratulations on making your goal for Dressage! And that happens to be the same score I got as well, and I find it absolutely respectable. :D

They couldn't fill the slot when I scratched so I brought my other horse (who hasn't been out since last fall) just to do the dressage and to get some mileage. She'll be starting out at Novice, but I figured the exposure couldn't hurt.

Good luck with the rest!

PiedPiper
May. 6, 2006, 11:16 PM
Well I did see Szeus finally at the end of the day though I saw her lovely boy stealing other's hay and wrecking havoc most of the day. :lol:

Things went decent for Matt and I today. It was our debut at rec and a move up to Beg Novice after two unrec.

Dressage was, unfortunately, in the indoor. Things started off okay until the judge ran the bell and then all hell started breaking loose! Started doing some 20 m cicle to get a nice entrance but that never really appeared so had to just go in and hope for the best.

Well the one thing we had in spades was . . . . go! Trot work was stiff and about as unrelaxed as it has been in the past year. Canter work well the positive we got both leads, the bad, it was like he was shot out of a cannon when I asked for the depart. A bit of a bolt at first, hubby thought we were going out of the ring at first :lol: but he settled down into it. Walks were jigged riddled adn free walk was adequate.

Finally, to add insult to injury towards the poor judge who had to not view this but find a way to critic it, was the halt and salute. Well I think it would be safe to say that there was no REAL halt. I attempted to reestablish it and the judge finallly said a curt thank you so I figured good place to give up and call it a day for that phase.

Asked hubby how it looked, cuz I knew it felt awful and he said "not bad". Others were a little more realistic in their comments. :lol: :eek: Not bad my butt. Hubby seems to have lost his eye in the couple year haitus between horses. Or, more realistic, the golden boy aka Matt, could never do bad. That would be sacreligious.

At this point I am happily oblivious to my placing and ready to move on to cross country. Did a final course walk with Gillian, who was quite energetic today :D and wasted time the true horseman's way, I bought more stuff at the tack trailer. :D :D

Warmed up for cross country and Matt felt great so we headed over to the cross country area and waited for our time to go. The first jump was carnage. There were so many refusals and eliminations! I knew it caused problems but goodness it was scary. So I was a touch apprehensive about riding that well and starting things off well. We left the start box at a trot and with only a look or two Golden Boy was up and over and the game was on! He let it be know early on that trotting was not an option and this boy wanted some speed! Was a little looky heading towards jump 2, noticed the jump judges before really looking at the jump but after that his radar was on and we were rolling!

Jump 4 was fine though was quite "large" and over done. I have a habit of having a running dialogue the whole time while jumping and made sure to note to him that it was a little large and didn't need to do that again. Apparently we took a farther spot than necc and he jumped over himself while hanging his knees which causes him to pop you out of the tack. No problem but somehthing we will be working on. Jump 5 was right after and a little looky since it was a portable brush jump and could have easy run outs. No problem over that adn the next couple.

We had a decent trek from 7 and 8 whihc was in the cow field. Unfortunately this is where we hit some trouble. I made the turn to the next jump incorrectly and he overshot the turn. He spooked at the plastic on a prelim jump, then the jump judge and we were wobblying all over our line. It was completely rider error and though he never refused the jump he never really saw it. I throw the towel in about two strides away when we were, somehow, parellel to the jump. Paused for a second, took a deep breath and mentally reassessed on my flub and figure out the fix. Turned him away, picked up the canter and circled around. No problem now that he actually SAW it and hopped right over.

No problems over 9 which I was a little worried about, just a solid max height and width. Matt is still pretty green to jumping and is just doing max Beg novice. Leg on and no problem. Canter through the water! This boy LOVES water, and headed towards home. 11, 12 (where Janet was judging and I thought about shouting a hello), 13 were all fine and headed towards 14 and home. Matt was up and over and we galloped through the finish line.

Quite thrilled with him and more sober with me but very pleased nevertheless. Gillian was surprised that he was hardly winded and actually didn't really even sweat.

*** My disclaimer to the pluses of one, having a TB, and two, having your horse live out 24/7. ****

He has really started maturing and was in the game and getting it! Just couldn't be happier with him.

We rested for a little while and then warmed up for stadium. Did a few jumps but he was going great and ready to go.

Stadium went but better than a Foxcroft two weeks ago. I did jump ahead a few times, bad me, but he was good. A little wiggly through the in and out but since it was expected he went over both with little problem. No problem with heights, widths, or wings ;) , adn we went double clear.:D

I rush back to start packing up to go home since hubby needed to be home for a soccer game and who was I to complain with all the help he is. I chitchat with Dr. D who tells me that I woudl have 5th if not for the refusal cross country. Figured I was out of any running anyway with my dressage test and the refusal that I am not worrying about scores. Well!! While I am packing up I find out through the annoucement on the loud speaker I got 8th place! I am shocked and quite pleased and head over for my nifty brown ribbon. :lol:

So all in all a pretty good day and he is definitely ready for more BN. All I can say now is "I am back"!! :D :D :cool: It has been a decent stretch but well worth it. I now have a horse that enjoys cross country, is a definite contender in dressage when he isn't a giraffe, and is really starting to get stadium. See a wonderfully competitive spring season and a good possibility of a move up this fall.

Of course I have learned he is going to need some dressage shows to learn that it isn't ALWAYS followed with jumping so the bronco routine needs to stop. :D

But happy day and good luck to everyone else who still competing. So glad to be back in rec and how well run these events are. Just a great time all around and couldn't have asked for nicer weather this weekend. Just great!

Long post but just beaming!

S4zeus
May. 6, 2006, 11:49 PM
Well I did see Szeus finally at the end of the day though I saw her lovely boy stealing other's hay and wrecking havoc most of the day. :lol:

He was a monster. I made sure I locked his top door tonight before I left. He made such a mess. He is not usually that nosey. I think he was bored. I felt bad at one point he had a plastic bag in his stall with my neighbors braiding kit in it. :no: I told them I would pay for or replace anything he ruined. What a nuisance. I am looking forward to a little bit cooler day tomorrow.

Dr. D- I had a great time talking with you today. Hope to see you again tomorrow.

FrittSkritt
May. 7, 2006, 12:34 AM
Well, hopefully y'all didn't see my horrendous x-c warmup and (partial) xc ride. In warmup, my horse started getting rude and started to pull his old "leap into the air like a deer" moves after a jump... it's quite frightening, because there's no way you can control him or turn him in a circle when you're literally in the air 75% of that time. Anywho, first jump XC was BIG! Got jumped out of the tack, stayed on, and he started pulling his "HAHA, I'm a deer!" leaping crap between the parking lot and the road. Someone told me to kick on when he does that, but in all honesty, the only thing I'm really thinking about at that point is staying on and getting all 4 legs within 1 foot of the ground. The rest of the course was OK, albeit overjumping but he stayed forward and (relatively) listening. He did give a good look to the prelim w/plastic fence in the cow field, but it wasn't so bad and we clocked on.

Thennnnn came the water. I knew this was going to be a problem, because the only water we have to school in at home is a stream, and he seems to be fine with those either because they're moving (?) or clearer, or who knows.... but I knew this, and (tried) to ride it forward and gave lots of leg. Anywho, we came to it with a nice forward canter, then he slammed on the brakes and snatched the bit, flung his head to the right and said "NO, SCREW YOU!" in horsey language. To the point of on our 3rd time, he spun around so badly that he body-checked the prelim jump that was right before the water and nearly fell over on himself. :mad:

:sigh: In some ways I'm glad that we did get the big E, because showjumping would have been just as bad, because he was just a complete jerk about the whole ordeal - which is too bad because our dressage was decent, our post-dressage work was fantastic, and he was well behaved otherwise! :no:

Dr. Doolittle
May. 7, 2006, 12:51 AM
These are all great reports--very descriptive and entertaining! :D (And don't these horses keep us humble!?...:p)

I am *way* too tired to give a report of my own day--jumping is tomorrow, so I'm sure I will log on again to find out how everyone did (especially S4Zeus--who may be a little worried--just about the Trakehner--but otherwise excited!); and also to tell the story of my own experince...Great job, PP! :)

AshKnoll
May. 7, 2006, 09:49 AM
Well I will give my story from yesterday, though I am sure I won't be able to write it as well as the previous posters.

First, my mare was the worst she has ever been in dressage (of course this was only her 3rd test ever). She can always be looky, but yesterday it just got the best of her, and I just tried to keep her as under control as possible. Plus not only was she not paying any sort of attention to me, but she was very strong, and at one point I didn't think she would come back down from the canter to the trot.

Overall, I think it could have been worse, of course, but needless to say my helpers did not want to speak to me after that test, I was just slightly upset. We ended up 11th out of 13 after dressage with a 44.64, yuck. Judge wrote attractive horse under collective comments, and then literally she wrote half-halt, half-halt, halt-halt, and then half-halt again. Guess she saw the pulling freight train that I felt.

Then onto cross country, I was worried about a few of them, especially the water, and then of course her looking at various things like the plastic on the other jumps by the mushroom jump. Well of course she weaved to the first jump, but then after that she was off. She was all about galloping around the course, though we did have an incident by fence 6 when she saw the jump judge, and started scooting sideways, but I managed to get her straight and she flew over that. Then we get to the cow field, again she bulges right, and is looking at the plastic, but I get her straightened out and she flies over that. She has no problem with fence 9, and then I prepare for the water.

By that time she was going at a good clip, so in my mind I am thinking she doesn't realize the water is there, and she is going to try and run out at the last moment. I put some leg on and keep her straight, and she completely surprises me by not slowing down or shying in the least, and instead leaps at least a 1/3 of the way into the water. After that I felt we were home free if I could keep her attention and keep her straight. I did notice we were going awfully quick so I trotted a few of the last ones, which was a good thing, because by the last jump I was only 8 strides or so behind the horse that went before me.

I ended up finishing 36 seconds under the optimum time, and to think when I schooled at FPP awhile back I was worried about being too slow, because she wanted to trot everywhere, now I am having the opposite problem. I found out just a little bit before my stadium round that I moved up to 5th after cross-country; I was absolutely shocked, but happy of course.

On to stadium, no big issues there just that she was very strong, and kept pulling on me so we are definitely going to need to work on that before Waredaca, but we had a double clear, and ended up 4th overall. I was absolutely stunned to move up from 11th after dressage to 4th overall, but hey I am not complaining. I really had no idea that by having double clears in x-country and stadium I could move up that much. Now if I could just work on that dressage, we would be a lot better off. In the end though, for our 2nd event ever, and our first recognized I was very pleased.

Well I hope everyone going today has a great time, and make sure to come back with your reports.

Oh, and I want to give a big thank you to Dr. Doolittle for letting me use her stall for a few hours. It was a great help, and it gave my horse a chance to chill out before cross country. So thanks again, and I am sorry we never met up, but I hope you a have a great event.

PiedPiper
May. 7, 2006, 10:40 AM
Hey Jumper!

I was in the stall next to your girl. Saw your lovely girl but didn't get to see you. Yes I had the lovely cribber and realitively large entourage hanging out around the stall. :eek: :D

Sounds like you had a good time as well, congrats!

What else are you doing? I am signing up for Seneca now as well as Rubicon and then Surefire when it opens up.

AshKnoll
May. 7, 2006, 12:24 PM
Hey Jumper!

I was in the stall next to your girl. Saw your lovely girl but didn't get to see you. Yes I had the lovely cribber and realitively large entourage hanging out around the stall. :eek: :D

Sounds like you had a good time as well, congrats!

What else are you doing? I am signing up for Seneca now as well as Rubicon and then Surefire when it opens up.

I will be at Seneca as well, but I won't be doing Rubicon, as that is Upperville weekend, and I am showing my gelding there on Saturday June 10th. I am going to be at Surefire as well, I just hope that it isn't a million degrees by then. We will defintely have to be sure to meet up at one of these future events.

S4zeus
May. 7, 2006, 04:24 PM
I am glad to say that my day is done. I have never been so exhausted. Zeus warmed up well. He was forward and fairly obedient. We go over to the start box and away we go.

The first fence was a little sticky we weren't in a groove. The 2nd fence was the farmer's market and that jumped well. Into the trees were fences 3 and 4. Both were fine. The Helinski or however you spell it was kinda iffy. I think we cross cantered it. We couldn't agree on which side to jump.

Our first runout of the day, the stupid Cedar Gap. It is a skinny arrowhead sort of jump. Zeus saw friends and home and without spurs my leg was meaningless. We had to circle and he said, "Oh you wanted me to jump that!".

Around to the stone wall and the first water all which went well. No issues with the different bank sizes like I had in schooling. The fact that the flags were there helped alot. Like standards they kept him from trying to move over. Up the bank and over the log. Around to a pretty simple log jump. And into some trees for the cabin which rode well.

Into the cowfield for a quick pass through before jumping out over the cow feeder. Then the next runout. I could've killed him right there. Every time I have schooled I have jumped the prelim bench, well I guess the training bench was "Scary". I think it was more the placement because he decided it would be better to go around it and scare the crap out of the jump judge. So a quick circle with me yelling at him with "no voice". (I lost my voice this weekend but thats another issue.) Over the bench and next was another question I was unable to school.

The Irish Bank! Well us lucky training level riders got hay bales in the ditch. It rode beautifully. No issues at all. Landed off the bank galloping for the huge table which we flew over. Here is where I took a deep breath. Halfway through. lol. Down the middle of the corn field and hay field over the Tiger Trap just fine.

I galloped down the road headed toward the 2nd water. Trying to make up for some time lost at the runouts. The big log before the water rode fine. Up to the log into the water. I was on his shoulders, I couldn't get myself up to set him up. So he said umm...NO. One whack behind the saddle turn around try again. We jumped into the water and trotted the close option. Into the cow field. Gallop to the portable and he takes it right in stride.

Time for the Trakhner. I had a good gallop going tried to keep my eyes up but no doubt about it I let them drop 1 stride out. He said no. I lost a stirrup, turned him around, let him no I wasn't pleased, called him a jerk used the bat twice behind the saddle and cantered up to it again. I said GGGEEEETTTT!! as loud as my hoarse voice would allow and we were over the trakhner with one fence and we were home. Sometime between the portable and the trakhner my brand new (thank you somerset saddlery) watch started beeping like mad. Over the sheep shed easily and home we were.

Overall I was 11th out of I don't like, like 17 I think. I moved up after dressage even with the stops, runouts, and time penalities. It was a successful first time for me. I learned alot and have some things on my list to get. A full cheek for steering ease, spurs for leg respect, and hind shoes with studs for traction control. I sent my electronic entry in via credit card for Rubicon. I am not sure if the spring/summer trial fills quickly or not. Hopefully we will get in.

I LOVED the stadium course. I was a little worried as I watched a couple jumps fall regularly but we had a double clear round.

I briefly saw FrittSkritt, and PiedPiper. I also talked to someone who mentioned she was a lurker on the boards but doesn't post often.

I am looking forward to Dr. D's post about how her ride went. Glad the day was successful for lots.

Invested1
May. 7, 2006, 08:22 PM
Hey guys! Man, what gorgeous weather we had today!! :yes:

Well, my day (as it sounds was the case with others) was a bit of a mixed bag. Our dressage was *awful*!!! And seriously, I'm not even remotely exaggerating! In fact, "awful" may be a bit too kind. I don't know if Tedi's feet were bothering him or his stifles (I hate to make excuses like that for him but he's really generally pretty agreeable) but something had crawled up his rear and made a nice home there.
Needless to say, we came in DEAD LAST (15th place!) with a whopping 48.5. YOWZA!! :eek: Awh well, at least there was no pressure going into xc! :lol:
XC was fantastic and Tedi was a star--didn't even peak at anything! We motored around that course and came in with a good 20 seconds to spare. It was GREAT fun!! And come to find out, we'd moved up into 8th place!
On to stadium. I was a little....apprehensive after our 5 rails down (!!) at Foxcroft but my own little cheering section of 6 or 7 of my friends helped me remember to just relax and have fun. And guess what? We had a phenomenal stadium round and Tedi didn't even touch a single rail! YAY! And I was very aware of trying to give him more of a release than I usually do, so I bet that helped too.
So I walk out of the stadium ring all smiles and was met at the gate by a member of the ground crew who apologized but told me I was being eliminated. Ummm, huh? Apparently, I need to re-read the rule book as I was eliminated for not having rein stops on. *sigh* (Funny too, I had 2 other riders who heard come up to me and say they didn't know that rule either.) Suppose it's a lesson learned (and the reins now have stops on them!!).
Ah well, I was really happy with 2 out of the 3 phases and overall had a really fun day.

Sorry I didn't get to meet anyone!!
Sarah, I saw you race across the xc finish line, and I did get to chat with Dr. D right before stadium.

Next time, right? Isn't next Saturday the COTH get together??

DustInTime04
May. 7, 2006, 08:32 PM
I also went to DRPC (novice)! but wow who would have thought riding just dressage one day would wipe you out? so saturday's test was good... Dusty was a gentleman. thooough he was disappointed having to go back home without doing cross country :\ anyways, the next day I came back out to jump, and he was quite excited to see the horses galloping past him while he was in warm-up. all in all, cross country was a blast, my best so far with him and it was basically our first outing of the year! he show-jumped great, within time which seemed to be getting people this weekend..? he was a lot more responsive too. just a really great weekend, totally worth it! :) we ended 2nd on our dressage score of 27.5.. today made me realize how glad it's spring and the events are back!

Zeus-- I'm glad you had an educational time. getting past that trakhaner must have felt awesome I'm sure.

hope all went well for everyone else!

PiedPiper
May. 7, 2006, 09:26 PM
Went to see some friends competing Dr. D. I will let her tell her story though!

Saw another friend who had a great xc but ended up eliminated when she skipped a jump in stadium. :eek: Just a weird fluke.

Great weather again though!

Oh yeah, and went and looked at my score a little closer today adn realized I was in LAST PLACE after dressage! Wowzer, that is a new one. lol

Whisper
May. 7, 2006, 10:07 PM
It sounds like Dressage was really tough, except for DustinTime. Congratulations on your 2nd place finish! S4Zeus, I'm glad you achieved your goal, anyway. :D

Invested and PiedPiper's friend, sorry about the eliminations! That must have been quite a disappointment.

FrittSkritt
May. 7, 2006, 10:43 PM
Invested - I was jump judging Novice fence #18 (Victory Garden) and yelled "Yay Blair!" as you passed - hope I didn't confuse you at all, seeing as we've never met in person!

I also did Training/Prelim #19, the Trahkener... only a couple of stops there, one of the scary ones was when the horse decided to stop halfway through his takeoff and slid onto his hindquarters, putting the rider in the ditch and then taking off across FPP, across West Ox Road, and back into FPP's main entrance... NOT something I'd ever want to deal with as a rider, that's for sure! :eek:

And now I'm off to bed... 7 hours in the sun really takes a toll on me! :sleepy:

steves
May. 7, 2006, 11:42 PM
results are posted

Dr. Doolittle
May. 8, 2006, 12:07 AM
MAN, these Difficult Run folks are efficient! :D

I've been doing various time-consuming things ever since I got home, so am now too tired to type up a report worthy of this thread (you all have set the bar high! ;))...I promise to give you my full story tomorrow--after a good night's rest and a large cup of coffee! :)

S4zeus
May. 8, 2006, 07:52 AM
I also did Training/Prelim #19, the Trahkener... only a couple of stops there, one of the scary ones was when the horse decided to stop halfway through his takeoff and slid onto his hindquarters, putting the rider in the ditch and then taking off across FPP, across West Ox Road, and back into FPP's main entrance... NOT something I'd ever want to deal with as a rider, that's for sure! :eek:

I guess that means you heard me call my horse a couple choice words. lol.

PiedPiper
May. 8, 2006, 08:11 AM
Fritts,

Think I saw you when I was talking to Steve yesterday afternoon. You were telling him you had just stripped your stalls.

Anyway, wasn't postive so I kept my mouth shut. I did see you had a jump judge tag on.

Sorry I was unfriendly, just wasn't sure and you looked pretty tired.

Sounds like you had a very busy weekend and good job with your boy!

Invested1
May. 8, 2006, 09:30 AM
Invested - I was jump judging Novice fence #18 (Victory Garden) and yelled "Yay Blair!" as you passed - hope I didn't confuse you at all, seeing as we've never met in person!

That was you?!?! Awesome!! I did hear it (and told Tedi--"that's for us!") but DustinTime was warming up for XC so I thought it was her! :lol:
Thanks for the cheering! Wish I'd gotten to meet you!!
(And I'm guessing you heard me saying "too fast! too fast! we'd better slow down!" :lol: I thought we were going to get speed faults but ended up ok.)

Invested1
May. 8, 2006, 09:30 AM
Oh yeah, and went and looked at my score a little closer today adn realized I was in LAST PLACE after dressage! Wowzer, that is a new one. lol

Heh, PP, we seem to have a lot of the same experiences! :winkgrin: :lol:

Everythingbutwings
May. 8, 2006, 09:36 AM
I got to watch KateDB and her marvelous Paddy go cross country. That horse makes evening look easy but I know the amount of work that Kate has put in. She earned a wonderful dressage score, had unfortunate rails in stadium and came through the x country clean with only a couple time faults.

It was a fabulous day, I got to see a bunch of friends and watch Kate bring home well deserved third in Prelim as well as second in older rider. :)

PiedPiper
May. 8, 2006, 10:07 AM
Invested- I dont know whether I should :lol: or :dead:

:winkgrin:

Steve- Not seeing where the scores are. Sorry!

Everythingbutwings
May. 8, 2006, 10:36 AM
http://drpc.ponyclub.org/resultsmay06.htm

PiedPiper
May. 8, 2006, 10:50 AM
Thanks Wings!

Invested1
May. 8, 2006, 10:58 AM
[QUOTE=PiedPiper]Invested- I dont know whether I should :lol: or :dead:

:winkgrin: [QUOTE]

So far, the experiences have been :dead:! Maybe one day we'll turn it around and have the same :lol: experience!! :winkgrin:

May. 8, 2006, 10:58 AM
I had a great time down there this weekend. The weather was fantastic!!
This was going to be my horses 2nd training level and I thought the Cross country course looked great. Lots of gallopy fences. We had an ok dressage test and ended up w/a 43, which was the bottom 3rd of my division. I didnt sleep too well sat night thinking about the cross country. the only 2 places I was slightly concerned about was the Irish bank and the 2nd water. My horse is very green about jumping elements and landing into water. So i wasnt sure how that was going to go. The course rode great, he jumped everything out of stride, he was really good w/the bank so I had a sigh of relief after that. So onto the 2nd water. The big log rode well and then as we came to the water his head came up and his eyes were quite big. he got to the edge, stopped and looked down snorting. Needless to say, i never got him down there. he almost went on the 3rd try but then he changed his mind. I really think he would have gone if i had one more opportunity. So we walked off at that moment. as i was leaving the water i saw the guy whose horse left him at the trakehner. he apologized to me and i didnt know what he was talking about. Apparently they were starting to hold horses on course and i guess that is why he apologized. Luckily he didnt seemed to be hurt at all. I was wishing later that i had been held at the water then maybe i could have gotten my guy thru! ( ha ha). we did stadium, had a couple of rails in the beginning cause he was still in Cross country mode, but once we settled he was good. They always have a challenging sj.
So maybe i will return in Aug and try again. all in all it was a great weekend!

May. 8, 2006, 11:02 AM
I did see a couple of things down there that i questioned. #1 i saw a trainer riding a horse in the dressage warm up and then the student rode the test a minute or so later. isnt that illegal? Her horse was eliminated in dressage for jumping out of the arena anyway.
#2. on sat i saw someone go cross country w/a full fly mask on. Im surprised that was allowed. Is there a rule about that? i would be worried that the horse might not be able to see everything.

Catalina
May. 8, 2006, 12:08 PM
Aside from suffering from some kind of lovely intestinal bug, I had a really good Saturday. We did BNR again and Ty was better in Dressage than at Redlands, but we still got a 42.11. "Something" is not quite right with his left hind which causes him to not be able to fully engage it, which shows up in our scores. My trainer's vet is coming Saturday to give him a look over and inject if necessary. You know it's bad when the judge's comments are "Work with trainer and vet to fix and strengthen hind end". My trainer had been trying to see if we could strengthen it through correct work, but it seems we need the big guns.
We were 9th going into cross country, which I was happy about. He had major issues with the first jump (what was it about that thing?), but we managed to crawl over it and then he was fine. He galloped over everything until we got to the shark tooth jump. His eyes were bugging out of his head as we passed by the preliminary bank and then the hay rack with the plastic flapping in the wind. I had to coerce him to even get close to our jump, no less jump the thing. We wound up taking a couple of steps back and got a refusal, 20 points :(. Then the water. I guess he didn't know it was there because of the funnel effect of the two coops. He cantered boldly through the coop chute and into the water and then he realized, OMG!!!!!, my feet are getting wet!!!!. He came to a walk and proceeded to tip toe through the water like it was molasses. He refused to go any faster. After we oozed our way out, it took a few steps to convince him the evil water was gone and he jumped the rest of the course clean.
Stadium was great with no issues (except I was riding like crap because I felt so lousy). So, with a 20 point X-country and a clear stadium, we moved up to 7th :).

I did get to briefly meet Fritt as we both warmed up for X-country and I 'think' I saw Janet wave somebody off course back into the warm-up shortly before I went (I was #97). Aside from that, I spent most of the time lying on the floor of my trailer trying not to lose my lunch, so I didn't get to do any socializing.

yellowbritches
May. 8, 2006, 12:10 PM
Several people went to the TD about the trainer on the horse, and they were spoken to about it.

The girl with the fly mask got elimnated on cross country...I'm not really sure why wearing a full fly mask seemed like a good idea...I wonder if she would have had a better day without it.

My weekend was terrific! Ralph let me really ride him in dressage, and other than a scream and bolt down the centerline in the beginning (he bolts because when I'm not in the dressage ring he gets a swat with my whip for that!), he was a perfect gentleman. The poor guy got a horrid attack of the sneezes and headshakes about 5 minutes before our test (he has horrible spring allergies), and I struggled to keep him steady, but I guess going in the indoor out of the wind and dust and pollen helped, because he only flipped his head a bit in the free walk. Sadly, our score didn't reflect my feelings of the test...I gotta 44 point something. We did note, however, that the whole division was lumped fairly closely with lots into the 40's (including some really, really nice and well ridden horses!).

Cross country was fantasic! I had a complete blast!!! I rode, for the most part, as planned (and made up for my dismal day on Friday at MCTA in the YEH class). He felt and rode like the Ralph I know and love and was forward and bold and ready to go. He trotted a bit in both waters, which the boss was a tiny bit worried about. But I feel confident that the trot in the first water is just because going around the brush fence for prelim suprised him and took his rythmn away a bit (I lacked the confidence in myself to just go ahead and jump it, which is what I thought of doing). And he just popped in over the log in the second water, and I think needed to trot because that water was pretty deep. But he saw the roll top out, and when he saw his spot, cantered the last two steps and popped out brilliantly! He felt awesome, and we actually made the time comfortably (considering I hate really galloping there). Our time was 5:30...does anyone remember what optimum was for training?

Stadium left a bit to be desired, despite the fact that I actually managed to ride halfway competently. We had 4 rails....we have some homework to do at home before we move back up to prelim at Rubicon in a few weeks. He needs a good gymnastic (or several), a different pair of open fronts (the boss thinks the ones I use are heavy and that Ralph might not like that), and maybe a couple of the frightening "long, loopy rein over big, huge stadium jumps" school at home:eek: . He's also going to go jump some rounds at Meadowbrook on the 20th.

I got to watch Zeus' showing jumping. He looks like fun! What a nice round!

Dr. Doolittle
May. 8, 2006, 12:36 PM
Well, it certainly was quite an experience for everyone--some good, some bad, some surprising, some frustrating--and my experience was no exception! :p (Congrats to everyone who completed, and DustinTime, Pied Piper, and Jumper63--congrats on pinning! :D Sympathies to those who had trouble, though it must be comforting to know that you weren't alone; it seems as though many competitors had issues along the way at this one--however, we all "survived to tell the tale", thank goodness! For many, it was the first outing of the season, the first "real HT", or the "first move up--so *completely* smooth sailing would have been too much to realistically hope for...;))

Okay, my story: First of all, I knew that dressage with "Princess Spook" was going to be a "challenge" in the indoor...(I even hauled her over to work her in the indoor last Wednesday, hoping to do some "last minute desensitization" before the actual competition...Of course she's been in that ring 20-25 times, but it doesn't seem to matter...:rolleyes:) Anyway, her main issue on Saturday was the other horses in the warmup ring (always a problem for her: if they come towards her or "cut her off"--which has happened at both hunter shows and Horse Trials--she has a conniption fit, and the old "Drama Queen theatrics" ensue...:sigh: I had to take her over to the bluestone area between the first and second jumps of cross country to finish warming her up--there was no one there, and they had a short break between divisions of CC...) Anyway, when we got in the ring, I took her around the outside (past Lucy and the scribe), and she stopped dead, eyes boggled. :lol: Lucy was kind enough to allow us walk back and forth past her "station" a couple of times--she said to go ahead because she had a bit of time to spare--and this helped a little. Anyway, needless to say, the test was a bit "tense", because every time we went down to the judge's end of the ring, up went the head, and she bulged away from the corner, spooking...and of course in Novice Test A, there are a *bunch* of transitions at that end. :rolleyes: Anyway, I got her through the test by force of will, mostly (the hubby said that I "practically carried her through the test on *my* back"--Phew!), and since Lucy likes my horse (God bless the woman! :D), I got an "unfairly generous" score of 33.5. Not bad, but my division was extremely competitive, apparently, because it was only good enough for 12th after dressage.

After wine and prescription pain killers (and great dances of joy over Michael Matz's Derby victory--he is my HERO, in every way! :D), I was able to hobble out of bed the next day--a beautiful one!--looking forward to the jumpng phases, where I am always very confident...The Princess has NEVER had a jumping penalty of any kind, since being eliminated at her first HT exactly a year ago (at BN, at Difficult Run); she was still not over her water issues, and we had schooled the BN water DRY (it's never filled except for HTs :()--when she came up to it on course, she said "something is WRONG here", and would NOT go. :sigh: Otherwise, she has never had a rail, a stop, or a run out--at any of more than 35+ shows of all kinds over 2+ years (not to mention numerous cross country schoolings) I only mention this because it reminds me of my wise father's advice: "Never be complacent"! :winkgrin:

So on to cross country, and I had a "cheering section" that included Pied Piper and BStreetTango (who was "horseless", but who had *another* horse with her--on the end of a leash--her huge Harlequin Great Dane :)) I wisely warmed up in the field that served as a parking lot (instead of the "zoo-like" cross country warmup area), and The Princess--happily by herself--remained calm and focused. (I just popped her over a few fences in the warmup area just before I went out on course.) Cross country rode great, and she was pretty much foot perfect through the whole thing, with just a few long spots and a sort of "yikes" add a stride to jump up over the barrels in the cow field. Otherwise, it was very smooth, and thugh I had planned to try to get as close to the optimum time as possible, I wound up being 23 seconds under. (the scores in my division were *very* tight, and I wanted to advantage myself in case of any tie-breakers--OTOH, Rubicon's speeds are greater, so it was good practice. ;))

Paks
May. 8, 2006, 12:36 PM
The girl with the fly mask got elimnated on cross country...I'm not really sure why wearing a full fly mask seemed like a good idea...I wonder if she would have had a better day without it.

Actually I saw that horse go past the schooling ring and it looked like it was one of those masks they use on horses with headshake syndrome which may be why he had it. Though it didn't seem to be working very well.

PiedPiper
May. 8, 2006, 12:50 PM
Dr. D-

DId you wait around for your ribbon? I see you ended up in 8th place!

Yeah for the yucky brown and white ribbon! :D:lol:

Invested1
May. 8, 2006, 12:50 PM
So on to cross country, and I had a "cheering section" that included Pied Piper and BStreetTango (who was "horseless", but who had *another* horse with her--on the end of a leash--her huge Harlequin Great Dane :))

BST, that was you with the great dane?? I saw you! And commented on what a cutie patootie dog you have!! :yes:

Dr. Doolittle
May. 8, 2006, 01:14 PM
On to the next phase--I didn't mean to do this in two parts, but the hourglass kept coming up as I was typing, and my though was: "better post what you've already written before it vanishes!" :eek:

Anyway, I only moved up to 9th after CC with my double clear, so I thought "I had better be clean on stadium, since it's my last chance to eke out a placing"...The course was wheeled tight and fast--lots of people were having time penalties! Keeping this in mind, my plan was to take the inside track (on the two turns where this was possible) with my smaller (but nifty and auto-lead changing) horse, and that way save some time without having to "barrel around"...We started out great, she was in front of my leg, had a good rythym, and was jumping well (she never touches a thing :p), and then we came around the corner to the bending line: oxer to the brick wall. According to "winesses" (PiedPiper, BSTREET, and one of my students), it looked as though my mare had fixed her eye (and attention) on the jump by the rail, to the outside. It's hard to see on the video, since Mr. Dr. D was standing on the hill above, which was to the side. Anyway, I had my right rein AND left leg on, and she was on the right lead after the oxer--she seemed to "not see the brick wall until the last moment"--even though my *own* eye was on it :p, and she threw her shoulder to the left at the last minute and dodged out! It was so quick and shocking that I coudn't even believe it :eek:!!, but I apparently reacted with quick reflexes (for an old lady--I had to watch it on tape to believe it), and though it seemed like it took forever, I actually took my bat out and whacked her within ONE SECOND of her runout, wheeled her around, re-presented, got her over, took the final (inside) turn, and finished the course with only *2* time penalties. I knew that since refusals are now only 4 penalties (a rule change that I have always disagreed with--though ironically it helped me out yesterday :p), I might still have an outside chance of pinning. After I came out of the ring I was still in shock at this "unprecedented occurence", and was having a "mini-meltdown"...luckily Pied Piper and BStreet were there to buck me up. :) (The hubby knew better than to come near me! :lol: :lol:)

(In retrospect I think that my horse may have just thought she was going to do "the diagonal line"--we do a lot of hunter shows--and was fixed on the fence that was against the rail as the logical "next fence to jump", instead of the jump in the middle...she is not in any way dishonest, and I work at home--during our jump schools--on bending lines, jumping off of circles, and coming off turns to a jump with only a couple of strides to adjust and see the fence. I get her in a well-balanced canter to the fences, and this has always been easy for her--she *never* stops or runs out--or even *thinks* about it!...:sigh: Anyway, though the stadium has always been our "gimme phase", Pied Piper wisely reminded me that "there *are* no gimme phases" :D A lesson for me: never take anything for granted, and in a similar situation in the future, ride your line *VERY* carefully! I thought I had--and on the video it appeared that I did--but a momentary brain fart on the part of my horse --she apparently lost her focus for a split second--caused the problem...and I didn't have time to correct it. :sigh:)

Anyway, despite all of this (and due to the fact that I wasted NO time on course ;)), I wound up with the poop brown ribbon...and I am always happy to get anything at a recognized HT--especially with a horse who is still in the process of "getting it all together" (and aren't most of them?!? :winkgrin:) I was 1.1 points ahead of the ninth place rider with my 6 stadium faults--so time did count! (I would have been 6th had I been clean.) So all in all, a good outing, I think, and next time I will pay *special* attention to the bending lines on course, even though they have never before been an issue. (And fortunately we will NOT have to do dressage indoors! :D)

My one student who competed--and had a lovely dressage test--got a 31, in spite of it being indoors (and was in 6th after dressage)--tragically had her *own* brain fart, and got the Big E on cross country for not going through the mandatory flags. :( Her fabulous little mare is a fantastic jumper, but is ditchy--so we've been working on that, and I gave her instructions on "mental rehearsal" the night before (the mare sailed right over the ditch without a peek yesterday), but I didn't walk the course with her; she had to work on Friday afternoon, so walked it by herself on Saturday. (She is pretty experienced, so doesn't need hand-holding--OTOH, maybe I should have walked it with her on this *particular* occasion! :() When her mom came running up before stadium, saying "You have an E next to your name on the scoreboard!", I turned to my student (knowling that she had been within the time, with no jumping faults), and said "did you go through the mantatory flags"? She said "What mandatory flags??" :Sigh: Ugh...Poor kid...I told her "I promise you that you will at least never do THAT again" :p, though I think that was small consolation...She jumped nicely around stadium (which she was allowed to do), and she would have TIED FOR THIRD in her division with a clean CC...:sigh:

Okay, sorry for being so long-winded...anyone else have a report for us?

Invested1
May. 8, 2006, 01:26 PM
"I promise you that you will at least never do THAT again" :p

Yah, I think we all learned lessons from each other. I think I mentioned earlier that I had more than one other competitor tell me they didn't know the rein stop rule but will be certain in the future to have them on.

So, I figure those of us who got the Big E were taking ones for the team. :winkgrin:

Janet
May. 8, 2006, 01:43 PM
Our time was 5:30...does anyone remember what optimum was for training? According to the results page, Opt time for Training was 5:43

Janet
May. 8, 2006, 02:00 PM
I saw Janet wave somebody off course back into the warm-up shortly before I went (I was #97). Yes, I had to send two people "off the course".

The first (and the one you probably saw) was someone who was eliminated at the water, but kept on going. They told us to stop her.

When I stopped her, she insisted it was a mistake, that she HADN'T been eliminated. I told her that all I knew was that they told me to stop her, and if she didn't leave the course at a walk, she could be fined. I told her she should go to the start and talk to the TD about it.

The second was a little kid, who was already up to about refusal number 8 (but no more than 2 at any fence) before she got to me. She then had 2 reusals at my fence. I told her she needed to get out of the way because another horse was coming through- I confirmed that she was over 5 refusals, and then I explained the rule to her.

Janet
May. 8, 2006, 02:05 PM
Apparently, I need to re-read the rule book as I was eliminated for not having rein stops on. *sigh* (Funny too, I had 2 other riders who heard come up to me and say they didn't know that rule either.) Suppose it's a lesson learned (and the reins now have stops on them!!).
You only need rein stops if you have a (running) martingale. I assume you know that, but someone else reading this might think that you meant that EVERYBODY has to have rein stops.

Invested1
May. 8, 2006, 02:06 PM
You only need rein stops if you have a (running) martingale. I assume you know that, but someone else reading this might think that you meant that EVERYBODY has to have rein stops.

Good catch!! :yes:

Dr. Doolittle
May. 8, 2006, 02:20 PM
You know, Invested, what I forgot to mentiion when we were "discussing the rein stops" after stadium (when I had mentioned that I had pointed this out to one of my students at the DRHT last August), was that this student was *not* eliminated for it at the time! I guess they didn't notice her "infraction", or perhaps this year they are cracking down...:sigh:

Anyway, it's just yet another reason to "read the rule book all the way through" every year...a pain, but then again you can catch these obscure rules and be aware of them. Las August, when jackets were waived for stadium, GeGi called a competitor over after her round, and "gently chastised her" for not having a belt on! Again, this is a rule that I have never seen enforced...At the Middleburg HTs last year, a competitor was "taken to task" by the SJ for having a red saddle pad, red (horse) boots, and a red helmet cover during stadium...she was very apologetic. :p This past Saturday, I saw riders jumping stadium in tee shirts, which I thought was only allowed if they had to then go *directly* to cross country--rarely the case at DRHT! :confused:

Anyway, some other thoughts--IMO everything was run very efficiently (as usual--thank you Steve S.--you work like a fiend to keep everything running smoothly! :)), and the volunteers were all helpful (the "younger ones" might have been a tad bit more efficient, but the job got done ;)), and it was especially nice to have people out there raking the ring and the takeoffs/landings between divisions in stadium...the footing everywhere was *so* dry that even with 1,000s of gallons of water applied to it, it started to get "crusty" by the afternoon. :sigh: (And DRPC did do a heck of a job preparing--and "repairing"--the cross country track; always a Herculean effort at FP!)

My one quibble was that we couldn't hear the announcers, especially cross country...what was up with that? Also, when they announced the placings, they didn't give the scores--which they usually do (no biggie, but it would have been nice to hear the announcer--*and* to have had the "official time" announced regularly, as well as updates as to whether the cross country was running on time...it wasn't on Sunday afternoon, so we had to cool our heels a bit. It would have also been nice to get updated stadium information; I wasn't sure whether or not they were going in numerical order, so wound up rushing around at the last minute and not having a chance to warm up...:sigh: Otherwise, they were *very* quick with the scoring--I don't think anyone does it better! ;))

Dr. Doolittle
May. 8, 2006, 02:22 PM
Yes, good point Janet about the martingale aspect (I would have thought that was "assumed", but clarification is *always* good! :D)

Paks
May. 8, 2006, 03:31 PM
This past Saturday, I saw riders jumping stadium in tee shirts, which I thought was only allowed if they had to then go *directly* to cross country--rarely the case at DRHT! :confused:

Gigi announced during the first course walk that you could do stadium in either your cross country gear or a jacket. She repeated it about 3 times. I guess figuring out who had to go directly from cross country and what directly ment was to big a hassle.

Janet
May. 8, 2006, 03:44 PM
Las August, when jackets were waived for stadium, GeGi called a competitor over after her round, and "gently chastised her" for not having a belt on! Again, this is a rule that I have never seen enforced...At the Middleburg HTs last year, a competitor was "taken to task" by the SJ for having a red saddle pad, red (horse) boots, and a red helmet cover during stadium...she was very apologetic. There is nothing in the rules about wearing a belt- but it is one of Gegi's "pet peeves".

The rules DO say that only black or dark blue helmet covers are permitted in Show Jumping.

Invested1
May. 8, 2006, 03:47 PM
And another rule found out---no black breeches in stadium!

May. 8, 2006, 03:57 PM
I too was surprised to see how casual some of the riders were for show jumping and not just the tshirts but the different colored helmet covers, etc.

DustInTime04
May. 8, 2006, 06:05 PM
lol Blair that was me yelling to you also! you had a fan club I guess... :)

DustInTime04
May. 8, 2006, 06:28 PM
...ha! black breeches. that would have been a bad one for me. I just thought that they would let you wear your cross country clothes to statium and didn't bring an extra pad or breetches! my dad luckily brought me a pair so I was safe. I could have found that one out the hard way though!

Invested1
May. 9, 2006, 10:05 AM
Seems like a lot of people eliminated for technicalities. But the person who had her trainer warm up her horse just got a talking to? Interesting.....

steves
May. 9, 2006, 10:36 AM
Let me respond on a few issues

1) The fly mask - the competitor called before the HT and read me the rule that indicated if the Ground Jury approves, you can wear one. She had a vet's certificate regarding "headshake" or whatever it is. I indicated it was not my call but that the POGJ would likley say it is ok at BN. The PoGJ did allow it but indicated that the rule was established for those horses that have sensitivity to flies

2) We had new announcers and will try to correct the issues you mentioned. We may need to go professional although this may add significantly to our costs. Our first approach will be to pass on your recommendations

3) we were well aware of the trainer riding the horse and the person would have been eliminated even if they had not jumped out of the ring. I was told that they were hunter/jumpers who had never evented and did not know the rules

4) Janet: Believe it or not that person did not have 8 stops but 10 total ... a new world record. Yes we tried to stop them but were unsuccessful. This is a person who did not know better. They then asked if they could jump Stadium and they were not even aware that they had been eliminated

5) Keep your suggestions coming. That is how we often decide on making changes.

6) The T trakhener was not a problem, nor was the Irish bank, despite all your concerns. The two big problems were the 2nd water jump and a big surprise to me (the park bench before the Irish bank)

May. 9, 2006, 11:08 AM
yup, the 2nd water got me but I will be sure to be back in August! i was glad it was at the end of the course cause everything else rode fantastic. I loved the irish bank. the first down really gave my horse a chance to figure out the question before hand and was great about the flagged down.
I really enjoyed the event and it was really well run!

Janet
May. 9, 2006, 11:14 AM
4) Janet: Believe it or not that person did not have 8 stops but 10 total ... a new world record. Yes we tried to stop them but were unsuccessful. This is a person who did not know better. They then asked if they could jump Stadium and they were not even aware that they had been eliminated.

Ha!

I can "wave off" a superbike going at race speed on the track at Daytona. Stopping a mere horse and rider is no problem.

I had heard 2 stops at 9, 2 stops at 10, and 1 stop at 11. (Then I heard a few more when they did the recap at the end of the division.) I hadn't heard a request to stop her, which is why I didn't try to stop her BEFORE she had 2 more at mine - just in case I had misheard.

Yes, she clearly didn't know any better. I did tell her "I am sorry, but after 5 refusals total on course you are eliminated", but I guess the "E word" didn't sink in.

B Street Tango
May. 9, 2006, 12:14 PM
BST, that was you with the great dane?? I saw you! And commented on what a cutie patootie dog you have!! :yes:

Yup, that was me with my spoiled boy, Ellington. Do you remember where we were when you commented to us? We generally attract a fair amount of attention. ;) You should have seen him when those little mini-goats on the leashes were standing behind us in the food line. He just stood there and stared at them. "They look kind of like dogs, but they sure don't smell like a dog..." :lol:

Congrats to everyone who competed. It was a lovely couple of days and sounds like a learning experience (to say the least) for everyone! My friend that got eliminated in Stadium, almost went into Dressage with bell boots on. I looked down and said, "Uh, would you like me take those off for you?"

blaster
May. 9, 2006, 01:12 PM
Let me respond on a few issues

5) Keep your suggestions coming. That is how we often decide on making changes.

Steve-What a fabulous show!! You are scorer extraordinare! However, since you asked for suggestions here's my one gripe (and it is a little one)..the the parking area.

When I came back from XC, despite the empty halter and the water wash buckets laid out, there were 2 SUVs squished next to my length of my trailer (presumably people visting the petting zoo). I couldn't tie to the other side as there were horses from that trailer. The SUVs were still there when I left and I could barely cut the turn.

I know you can't control everything, but maybe a sign in the parking area entrance that states "Do not park your SUV within 15 feet of a horse trailer" sign, or a DRPC traffic gaurd that tells these idiots horse trailer parking protocol as they enter the facility?

Invested1
May. 9, 2006, 01:38 PM
Yup, that was me with my spoiled boy, Ellington. Do you remember where we were when you commented to us? We generally attract a fair amount of attention. ;)

Yup! I had just finished xc. You were standing right outside of the xc warmup.

sm1
May. 9, 2006, 01:38 PM
I thought it was a great weekend. We had five horses go, and the courses rode great. The second water caught out one of ours (his first training run) but our other TR horse won the Jr division, and the horse one of my kids bought for $1 was third in his first Novice run in the ON2 division! My youngster was completely petrified of the indoor, so our first HT wasn't as successful as we might have hoped :p, but the rest of our crew had a great weekend. I didn't notice an announcer problem. As always, DRPC was running on time or ahead of schedule - we appreciate the dedication of the DRPC volunteers!

I did notice a few riders who didn't seem to know the rules: the Big E, no tank top on xc rule, and the passing rule (my kid was on course, walking her pony thru the BN water when the next competitor ran right into her in the water, rather than waiting until she was clear). The Dominion Valley PC has "helpful hints" posters at their secretary's stand - maybe the DRPC kids could do something similiarly educational?

Invested1
May. 9, 2006, 01:39 PM
Steve-What a fabulous show!! You are scorer extraordinare! However, since you asked for suggestions here's my one gripe (and it is a little one)..the the parking area.

When I came back from XC, despite the empty halter and the water wash buckets laid out, there were 2 SUVs squished next to my length of my trailer (presumably people visting the petting zoo). I couldn't tie to the other side as there were horses from that trailer. The SUVs were still there when I left and I could barely cut the turn.

I know you can't control everything, but maybe a sign in the parking area entrance that states "Do not park your SUV within 15 feet of a horse trailer" sign, or a DRPC traffic gaurd that tells these idiots horse trailer parking protocol as they enter the facility?

Same exact thing happened to me. Couldn't tie my horse on either side of the trailer!! :eek:

Invested1
May. 9, 2006, 01:40 PM
Steve,
Really, really great job overall! Even with my elimination, I had a great time! :lol:

I heard the Irish bank and the T trakhener will only be open periodically. Any updates on when those will be? One week in the spring, one in the summer, and one in the fall?

S4zeus
May. 9, 2006, 02:41 PM
6) The T trakhener was not a problem, nor was the Irish bank, despite all your concerns. The two big problems were the 2nd water jump and a big surprise to me (the park bench before the Irish bank)[/quote]

I was surprised about the park bench as well. I had a dumb runout and a friend of mine had two runouts there. Was there something in the trees the horses were seeing but the rider were not? My horse schooled the prelim park bench just fine two or three times, but the training level one got us on course. :confused:

Dr. Doolittle
May. 9, 2006, 04:43 PM
Hey S4Zeus...

Well, though you had a few bobbles...

"Touche'"!! for getting over the Trakehner! :D (I guess the "using your voice as a backup aid strategy" worked after all! ;)) Anyway, good job...and now that's behind you (literally! ;))

That is weird about the T bench--it seems really staightforward and jumpable--my previous horse never looked twice at it...(And as you say, your horse had jumped the bigger P bench with no problem a couple of weeks prior...:confused:...horses! Snort! :p Hard to figure 'em out sometimes! :rolleyes:)

(And add me to the list of those who would like to know *specifically* when the Irish Bank and Trakehner will be "open and schoolable"...:))

PiedPiper
May. 9, 2006, 04:47 PM
Steve,

What a great event and I was so happy about being back in rec events, things ran so smoothly. I was the one that "looked familiar" since I was bugging you about my stall. :winkgrin:

I think the problem with the annoucers was just the lack of speakers on the other side of the indoor. There was no problem by the outdoor ring or warm up, just in the back adn side.

I had a great time! :D

Invested1
May. 9, 2006, 04:52 PM
Yup, that was me with my spoiled boy, Ellington. Do you remember where we were when you commented to us?

Just to clarify---I didn't actually comment TO you, I commented ABOUT you. :lol:

Invested1
May. 9, 2006, 04:57 PM
lol Blair that was me yelling to you also! you had a fan club I guess... :)

Awh, thanks!! :D

canterlope
May. 9, 2006, 05:08 PM
Seems like a lot of people eliminated for technicalities. But the person who had her trainer warm up her horse just got a talking to? Interesting.....I'm not sure if I should be offended by this comment or not. You tell me.

As the Technical Delegate for the Event, I was called to the warm-up and informed of the situation in question shortly before the competitor was due to go into the dressage ring. Since the President of the Ground Jury (not the Technical Delegate) is ultimately responsible for the disqualification of a competitor in this situation, I had to bring her up to speed on what was going on before any action could be taken. Given that the competitor's ride time would have come and gone before I was able to confer with the PGJ, I had three choices available to me.

First, I could have not allowed the competitor to ride her test until after I spoke with the PGJ. However, if the PGJ determined that the competitor should be allowed to continue in the competition, the ride times in that dressage ring would have been disrupted and they were already tight to begin with. Second, I could have taken matters in my own hands and disqualified the competitor on the spot. However, if the PGJ later overturned my decision, again the timetable in that ring would have been disrupted. Or third, I could have spoken with the competitor and trainer, showed them the relevant rule in the rulebook, and then allowed the competitor to ride her test, but with the knowledge that she would most likely be disqualified by the PGJ once she was informed of the situation. The only "problem" this option created is that the dressage judge for that ring would judge a test that might not count in the final classification of the division. I picked what was behind door number three.

By the time I got back to the dressage ring after my discussion with the PGJ (who did determine that the competitor should be disqualified, BTW), the competitor had already been eliminated for jumping out of the ring during her test. Since the competitor was only riding one horse, at that point there was no difference between listing her as being eliminated or disqualified on the score board. However, the competitor and her trainer were called to the secretary's stand where I met with them again, went over the rule for a second time, informed them of the PGJ's decision, and let them know that the competitor would have been disqualified had she not already been eliminated for jumping out of the ring.

So yes, the rider "got a talking to," but a lot more went on behind the scenes then just that rider getting a talking to.

Janet
May. 9, 2006, 05:10 PM
Not worth being offended by.

FrittSkritt
May. 9, 2006, 05:17 PM
I think the moral of the story is, "Read the rulebook!"

[or ask Janet. ;)]

Seriously, I nearly fell over when I overhead a competitor asking if was okay to do dressage in a pelham... guess I'm just a huge rule nerd that way. :p

KateDB
May. 9, 2006, 05:26 PM
Canterlope, SteveS, Janet, Fritt...anyone else who volunteered or was involved in DRPC HT and congratulations on yet another wonderful weekend.
I LOVE that DR HT is efficient and well-run.
You know, since I've known FPP for many a year, I never cease to be amazed at the wonderful work that y'all do (and I can't give you enough +++s for the aerovator and the improvement in the footing over the years).. I can only imagine how stressful it must be to work within a public park, with all the red tape that must involve.
So, kudos to all and thank you SO very much.

Invested1
May. 9, 2006, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure if I should be offended by this comment or not. You tell me.

Absolutely no offense intended, as I was not directing that comment at anyone in particular! Was more thinking out loud that it sounded like some people were being eliminated for infractions but not others. I appreciate both your and Steve's updates on that particular situation.

And just to add, I'm certainly not advocating for more people to have been eliminated, I was just curious as to why some were and some weren't (though it was clarified that all rule breakers--myself included) were eliminated.

Onawhim
May. 9, 2006, 05:41 PM
I have a question about the second water -- I watched prelim go through but didn't get to watch any T riders. For those who had problems, would it have been possible to enter the water to the left of the T "log in", get feet wet, then come back out the same way and re-approach? It was a narrow opening, as I recall, and you'd have to be pretty darn obvious about it to avoid looking like you were approaching the actual jump in. I honestly didn't think about it when I was standing there and can't recall exactly how it was flagged. Just curious (especially if I do the HT there in the future and have a problem!).

Paks
May. 9, 2006, 06:23 PM
I think the moral of the story is, "Read the rulebook!"

[or ask Janet. ;)]

Seriously, I nearly fell over when I overhead a competitor asking if was okay to do dressage in a pelham... guess I'm just a huge rule nerd that way. :p

Gee I once had one tell me their jointed curb was a snaffle.

Dr. Doolittle
May. 9, 2006, 06:28 PM
Hmm, that's a good question. My mare (when she was just starting out) used to be "leery" of the water, and so I did a version of this at Rubicon last year--I went into the water complex through the Novice flags first, talking to the jump judge as I did it...I said: "I am entering at the Novice water before I enter (go through the flags) at the BN water--I am NOT presenting at the BN water--I *am* allowed to do this..." It was fine, it just slowed me down a bit, timewise. (Of course at BN, the time is pretty slow anyway...;))

I think it would just depend on whether the jump judge felt that by doing this, you "presented" to your water (in this case a log/drop in); if not, I believe it would just cost you time...

This is one of those techical questions that should probably be fielded by Janet...:D

Janet
May. 9, 2006, 06:32 PM
This is one of those techical questions that should probably be fielded by Janet...:D Since it is one of theose things that depends on INTERPRETATION of the rules-

Go and ask the TD (or Pres of GJ) BEFORE HAND.

That is what _I_ do if I plan to do something slightly "unconventional", that I believe is perfectly legal.

Dr. Doolittle
May. 9, 2006, 06:33 PM
Yes, good point...that way your A$$ is covered! :)

Onawhim
May. 9, 2006, 06:48 PM
I did this once at BN -- went into the water where it wasn't flagged and then in through the flags (of course, she traipsed right in so I probably didn't need to take the detour!). I did ask the TD beforehand, got assurance it was ok, and wasn't the only one who took advantage of the opportunity. It seems like it would have been ok at DRPC, but again, couldn't recall the flag location exactly and was just curious as to what folks who might've paid more attention thought about it.

PiedPiper
May. 9, 2006, 08:12 PM
Yes I agree that it seemed like there were a higher level of elim due to tech and lack of knowledge of the rules but, if you want to look at teh silver lining which I enjoy doing, it was a showing of people who are outside the sport showing interest and monetarily supporting the sport by competing!

So it seemed to keep Steve and Canterlope jumping, but it introduced those to our sport who will hopefully go back, read the rules, but most importantly want to keep trying out eventing.

It sounds like each situation was handled and solved in the most diplomatic way possible.

steves
May. 10, 2006, 08:48 AM
in response to several of your points/questions

- We close the Irish bank to preserve the footing for August. We leave it open after the August HT. It is possible we could arrange a schooling day and I will discuss with those who keep up our course

- The Trakhener was closed by FPP since they are nervous about having schooling in the same area as the cows. We are in discussions with them about this. I have proposed that : 1) eveyone that rides should sign a waiver and 2) there should be a schooling fee in order to show FPP how many people use the place and raise the importance of XC to their bottom line

- the XC people indicated that the bench seem to be very shiny with the sun hitting it and that may explain the problem. I think he said it was the sun reflecting off the hay (was their hay placed there?)

- We will try to address the parking issue but not sure what we can do about that. We will discuss with the Park. We will probably make a sign up along the lines you have suggested

- Given how little it seems many of our competitors sometimes know, The list someone suggested we write up on key rules might be a book

- I agree with the person who indicated that some of the serious infractions represent newcomers to the sport. That is one of the roles of DRHT. We ususally get a large number of first timers who do not know the rules. Now, if only I knew the rules. I must say that DC and Debbie (POGJ) earned their keep this weekend and did a great job sorting out numerous problems/issues.

May. 10, 2006, 10:48 AM
Being one of those that got eliminated at the 2nd water, i wish i had thought about another option when i walked the course. Looking back after my first refusal I wish that i had trotted around to the out, got his feet wet, then reapproached the way it was intended to ride. but in the moment it didnt enter my mind. but i think i will now always keep that thought in the back of my head. i had an instructor tell me to do that once at the NJ horse park HT. my horse at that time refused the water, so i ran in where it wasnt flagged, back out and represented and he jumped in fine. But I will also be sure to check w/the TD first to eliminate any issues.

luveventing
May. 10, 2006, 11:01 AM
I have to admit I have felt for a long time there should be some sort of schooling fee. the one day we went there were at LEAST 20 some horses and riders there. even if its smaller than the 30-40 bucks most places charge, it would still make some money. for all the work that you guys do for that place, I think it is about time to charge something. I wish you guys could come up to our state park in PA and do your magic. the course we have is pathetic and about 30" away for us- but we drive 2'30" to school at FPP. becuase it is unbeatable for taking all levels of horses and riders for a good day of schooling.

Dr. Doolittle
May. 10, 2006, 11:48 AM
Touche' to the proposed schooling fee!! (I've thought for *years* that this would be a great idea! :yes:!) Pied Piper and I were actually talking about this when we walked the course last Friday--how to "police" people? Another problem altogether... :rolleyes: But I think it's high time that the idea be *seriously* considered!

luveventing
May. 10, 2006, 12:10 PM
I am sure all the "regulars" would be happy to just fork out the money. I think anyone who truly appreciates the course would just pay and not need policing. but there would probably be many who just dont get it! you could always try the "honor" system and see what kind of honor everyone has. ???

Catalina
May. 10, 2006, 02:37 PM
I think a schooling fee is a great idea. I would be more than willing to pay $25-40 to school at FPP. The honor system works pretty well at other places like Gordonsdale.

PiedPiper
May. 10, 2006, 04:46 PM
Yep I agree, Difficult Run PC busts their butts trying to fix all the problems of people schooling on crappy footing and the money could be better well spent.

I would be more than happy to pay 25.00 for schooling. The hard part would be policing those that aren't doing this seriously, the h/j from the occassional show, etc but I think it could be done. Plus, with the proximity of FPP, think of the money that could be pulled in.

I have been talking with Chris Monsoon who works at FPP in the office, and will pass this on to him. I know they are really trying to ramp up more equstrian stuff at FPP and I am sure people begging to spend money will be well rec'd! :winkgrin:

AshKnoll
May. 10, 2006, 06:34 PM
Sorry to drift off topic a bit, but photos from the event are on grcphoto.com.

Looking through them, you defintely capture the full essence of the day, from the tense dressage test, to the unique moments on cross-country, and the ooopps jumps in stadium.

I think I am going to get these:

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L2A0016&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L2A0012&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L2A0003&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Maybe this dressage one, though you can still tell how tense she is.

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L2A0028&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

And here is photographic proof of our leap into the water:

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L2A0014&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Now I want to see everyone elses, how did they turn out?

Dr. Doolittle
May. 10, 2006, 06:47 PM
Wow, Jumper63--those are *lovely*! :D Your mare is really a "wow" jumper! :yes:
(The dressage pic shows off her nice movement--maybe a teeny bit "above the bit", but probably less tense than *my* mare was during dressage! :lol:)

Really--VERY nice! :)

(The one at the water jump was a hoot...:D)

They don't have the later numbers up yet, so I guess I'll check back to see mine. (Luckily I don't think they took any of the dressage in the indoor..:p)

S4zeus
May. 10, 2006, 11:35 PM
The dreaded Trakhner first attempt. lol. I let him do this. I glanced down at the last possible moment.
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L0I0026&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

I was mad this time. We jumped the middle. There was no thought of running out the second time. But he is definatly clearing it! lol
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L0I0028&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Showing me he can still just canter over 3'3".
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L0I0008&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

I think this one is just cute! Minus the slipping leg.
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L0I0003&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Holy Gripping With Knee!
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L0I0004&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1&d=0&pphoto=0EBK001L0I0003

I like this one too!
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L0I0009&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Judi
May. 11, 2006, 12:53 AM
The dreaded Trakhner first attempt. lol. I let him do this. I glanced down at the last possible moment.
[

I like this one too!
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L0I0009&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Oh I just LOVE your horse. He's going to be awesome his next time out. You sound like you had the same first time around Training as I did at Ram Tap. Good luck next time out.. you'll be awesome.

judi and rainier

FrittSkritt
May. 11, 2006, 02:08 PM
Dr. D - the later numbers (121-240) can be seen here: http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=0EBK001M

Jumper63, LOVE your mare!! What a jump!

This is the only photo I will post a link to, as the rest of them are horrendous and show how badly I was riding. :dead:

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L2I0001&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Overjump much? ;)

Invested1
May. 11, 2006, 02:10 PM
Fritt---I think that's cute! Did you intentionally pick a picture that hides your face? Maybe I should---what the heck is up with my expression?? :lol:
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001M1J0013&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

FrittSkritt
May. 11, 2006, 02:16 PM
Haha, thanks - no, the one other XC one that does has me laying on my horse's neck with my leg slipped back. :dead:

May. 11, 2006, 02:34 PM
How do you post the pics?

bornfreenowexpensive
May. 11, 2006, 02:53 PM
I am sure all the "regulars" would be happy to just fork out the money. I think anyone who truly appreciates the course would just pay and not need policing. but there would probably be many who just dont get it! you could always try the "honor" system and see what kind of honor everyone has. ???

Fair Hill has that. They have a box where you get a tag for your truck and drop money in. This applys to everyone--horses, mountain bikers, hikers etc.... I think it might not apply to in state users but since I'm PA I know it applies to me. The charge is by vehicle and while you get a tag...it is basically the honor system. For how many people school Frying Pan I would think charging a little is a great idea.

DustInTime04
May. 11, 2006, 09:37 PM
thought I'd post some of me and my Dusters :)

my *favorite*
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001M1Q0010&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001M1Q0008&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001M1Q0019&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1&d=0&pphoto=0EBK001M1Q0018

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001M1Q0012&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001M1Q0022&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Janet
May. 11, 2006, 10:36 PM
How do you post the pics? You need to be a premium member to directly post pictures. Or anyone (even if not "premium") can include a link to a web site.

yellowbritches
May. 12, 2006, 12:19 AM
I'm so pleased with my little horsey, I want to show off too!!!! :D
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L0X0013&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1&d=0&pphoto=0EBK001L0X0012 -I think this one is a very cool.

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L0X0018&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1&d=0&pphoto=0EBK001L0X0017 -The trakhner.

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L0X0019&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1&d=0&pphoto=0EBK001L0X0018 -Go Ralph, go...

I won't show any show jumping...less than glorious ;) .

lstevenson
May. 12, 2006, 12:49 AM
Yellowbritches-

Cool horse! How old is he?

yellowbritches
May. 12, 2006, 12:57 AM
hehe, thanks! He's 9. DRHT was his second event back after getting Lyme disease last summer...and he was brilliant! He has one very happy mommy right now who is chomping at the bit for Rubicon and prelim again!

lstevenson
May. 12, 2006, 01:00 AM
Are you the Amanda that I met yesterday at Red Hill Farm?

yellowbritches
May. 12, 2006, 01:07 AM
lol, yes! And the bay in the round pen eating his lunch is Ralph!

lstevenson
May. 12, 2006, 01:09 AM
Too funny! I guess I'll be seeing you soon!

Are you aiming at a one star this year?

PiedPiper
May. 12, 2006, 08:37 AM
Okay, want to do some bragging too! :D

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001M0K0008&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1
(Hmm, can we over jump it anymore?)

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001M0K0003&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1
(This horse cracks me up, he took a flying leap INTO the water)

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001M0K0033&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1
(Nothing special per say but just like the close up)

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001M0K0034&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1
(stadium jumping)

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001M0K0018&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1
(last one, again over jump. Notice a theme? )

Not too bad for his third time out ever. Definitely need to keep working on things but this horse is just so much fun! I think I always get off in a better mood than I got on, and I am usually smiling while on! :D

Invested1
May. 12, 2006, 09:38 AM
DustInTime, I *love* that last shot!! :yes:

And I do have a couple stadium of my boy that I like (just don't pay any attention to how far back my leg slipped!!):
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001M1J0008&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001M1J0006&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Invested1
May. 12, 2006, 09:38 AM
PP, you look like you were having a ball!! :D

Catalina
May. 12, 2006, 10:01 AM
Everybody looks so good :D.

I'll share too:

Our only halfway decent stadium picture (http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L2G0002&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1) I was feeling extremely week because of some kind of intestinal thingy, so I can blame some of my lousy riding on that, right? :winkgrin:

Cross country: Not too bad, but my toes :o (http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L2G0014&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1)

I love this one. (http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L2G0016&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1) Ty lept boldly into the water, then shot to the right and then proceeded to tiptoe when he realized that his feet were getting wet.

Dressage (http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK001L2G0038&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1)

PiedPiper
May. 12, 2006, 10:13 AM
Invested-

(shh, does he know that he doesn't need to put that much jump into that height? :eek: ) :lol::lol::lol:

Great pics!

PiedPiper
May. 12, 2006, 10:15 AM
Catalina-

You look great especially for being so sick! Wow! I am jealous you have dressage pics though I am sure mine would have been . . . . . interesting.

Invested- Yep, I LOVE competing!

Invested1
May. 12, 2006, 10:31 AM
Invested-

(shh, does he know that he doesn't need to put that much jump into that height? :eek: ) :lol::lol::lol:

Great pics!

Shoot, I was just happy we didn't touch any rails---especially after our mortifying stadium round at Foxcroft!! :eek: :lol:

PiedPiper
May. 12, 2006, 10:33 AM
Hey are there pics of that! I would love to see. If I remember my number from it, I will show you mine if you show me your's. :winkgrin::lol::lol:

Invested1
May. 12, 2006, 10:40 AM
Hey are there pics of that! I would love to see. If I remember my number from it, I will show you mine if you show me your's. :winkgrin::lol::lol:

heh, of course!
i just looked--this is the only one that shows a rail falling:
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK0010100010&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1&d=0&pphoto=0EBK0010100009

Catalina
May. 12, 2006, 10:42 AM
Thanks PP :D.

Please share your pics PP and Invested- you have us all curious now.

Invested1
May. 12, 2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks PP :D.

Please share your pics PP and Invested- you have us all curious now.

Catalina---just to fill you in as to what PP is referencing, at Foxcroft, my boy and I took 5 (!!!!!) rails down in stadium. UGH! Think PP didn't have her best round either. :lol:

PiedPiper
May. 12, 2006, 11:08 AM
Okay I will post some but they actually didn't get any of the really horrific ones. Will have to download off of camcorder for those!

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK00102J0025&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK00102J0036&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1
(this one doesnt show that the next couple strides he finds out that we STILL arent done and starts throwing a mild temper tantrum right before he brings down the rail on the last one)

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK00102J0033&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1
More typical of the green way he has been jumping. Ugh, could I jump any higher up his neck!)

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK00102J0015&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Finally, WAY too much effort needed over this thing!)

Okay there is our second HT ever so not too shabby just not the smoothest ride ever. Oh well, lots of fun!

Invested1
May. 12, 2006, 11:35 AM
PP, those aren't even bad!!! :no:

I do like this one: http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=0EBK0010100017&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1