PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. FOAL RAFFLE!!

Leg-Up
Aug. 25, 2013, 11:20 AM
2013's Foal Raffle is ON! This year's foal is Elixir d'Avalon (Escudo II x Morticia/Mannhattan) - a registered and branded premium foal. A portion of the proceeds this year will go to those equines and equestrians that were devastated by the tornadoes in Oklahoma and those that were impacted by the flooding in Calgary, Canada.

For the cost of a $5.00 ticket you not only stand a chance to win this gorgeous colt, but you are also helping out your fellow equestrians! A win/win situation!

For more information on the foal raffle, where to purchase tickets, more information about Elixir, please visit the Leg-Up wepage - http://www.leg-up.org/foal-raffle.html

Good luck Everyone!

Louise
Aug. 25, 2013, 06:46 PM
Nice!

Fred
Aug. 26, 2013, 03:36 PM
Wonderful!

Alagirl
Aug. 26, 2013, 04:07 PM
he would look good on my couch...

OneonOne
Sep. 1, 2013, 11:51 PM
I don't come around COTH much anymore, but I can't be the only one who thinks raffling off a live animal is a little oogy, right?

luvmytbs
Sep. 2, 2013, 09:15 AM
Really people?

So every hick who has 5 bucks laying around may walk away with a living breathing animal they have no clue what to do with or how to take care of?

wonderhorseguy
Sep. 2, 2013, 10:18 AM
Really people?

So every hick who has 5 bucks laying around may walk away with a living breathing animal they have no clue what to do with or how to take care of?Horses are being given away. You do not need five bucks to get a "living breathing animal they have no clue what to do with or how to take care of".

luvmytbs
Sep. 2, 2013, 10:27 AM
Horses are being given away. You do not need five bucks to get a "living breathing animal they have no clue what to do with or how to take care of".

But it's so much more fun to participate in a raffle. Kind of like gambling. :sigh:

Fairfax
Sep. 2, 2013, 10:32 AM
Maybe if the proceeds went to HSUS and their affiliates, lvmytb's would approve.

We all know how imprtant they were during Katrina..scoop the cash..photo op tee shirts

A draw such as this is not going to be of any interest to a non horse person.

Laurierace
Sep. 2, 2013, 10:35 AM
In the event you would like to support the cause, but don't wish to own the foal, you will have the option of donating the foal back to the Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. and an online auction will be held with the proceeds from that auction going back to L.E.A.P.

wonderhorseguy
Sep. 2, 2013, 10:45 AM
But it's so much more fun to participate in a raffle. Kind of like gambling. :sigh:At least the money goes to a good cause, win or lose.

Toadie's mom
Sep. 2, 2013, 11:06 AM
Jeez, there's 1, or 5 in every crowd huh? This excellent cause has been going on for several years. Those of you who are opposed don't have to participate (as usual). I'm sure you're disappointed that you've just found out about it. Missed out on all those previous opportunities to express your disgust.

Alagirl
Sep. 2, 2013, 11:09 AM
In the event you would like to support the cause, but don't wish to own the foal, you will have the option of donating the foal back to the Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. and an online auction will be held with the proceeds from that auction going back to L.E.A.P.

Shocking, they have a contingency plan....

Sonesta
Sep. 2, 2013, 11:33 AM
There is also fine print that would allow the organization to fully check out the winner and its facilities. And more fine print that permits the organization "the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time and in its sole discretion."

No way they will allow a foal to go to a bad place.

luvmytbs
Sep. 2, 2013, 12:12 PM
So you think people wouldn't participate in a raffle if the item to be raffled off would be something other than an animal, yet horse related?

luvmytbs
Sep. 2, 2013, 12:17 PM
Maybe if the proceeds went to HSUS and their affiliates, lvmytb's would approve.

We all know how imprtant they were during Katrina..scoop the cash..photo op tee shirts

A draw such as this is not going to be of any interest to a non horse person.

I have never donated to HSUS, not even one penny.
And I discourage others from doing so all the time.

But, if you actually paid attention to what people post, you would have figured that out a long time ago.

luvmytbs
Sep. 2, 2013, 12:19 PM
There is also fine print that would allow the organization to fully check out the winner and its facilities. And more fine print that permits the organization "the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time and in its sole discretion."

No way they will allow a foal to go to a bad place.

I'm glad to know that.

danceronice
Sep. 2, 2013, 12:21 PM
So you think people wouldn't participate in a raffle if the item to be raffled off would be something other than an animal, yet horse related?

...Not in the same numbers, no.

Sonesta
Sep. 2, 2013, 12:50 PM

Gee, I dunno, luvmytbs. Why don't you donate something to be raffled, like say, a new horse trailer, and let's find out.

I think it is wonderful that Kathy and Jos donate one of their foals every year to raise funds for a good cause.

luvmytbs
Sep. 2, 2013, 01:21 PM
Gee, I dunno, luvmytbs. Why don't you donate something to be raffled, like say, a new horse trailer, and let's find out.

Gee, why don't you check with big local dealerships if they'd like to donate a trailer or a truck for a raffle?
It's not that uncommon, really.

Sorry if I am ruffling feathers here, but IMO I think raffling off an animal is not the only way to be successful at a raffle.

Laurierace
Sep. 2, 2013, 01:38 PM
Of course donating a foal is not the only way to be successful at a raffle but that is what they have to donate. If they were cattle ranchers maybe they could raffle off a cow.

Sonesta
Sep. 2, 2013, 02:19 PM
Gee, why don't you check with big local dealerships if they'd like to donate a trailer or a truck for a raffle?
It's not that uncommon, really.

Sorry if I am ruffling feathers here, but IMO I think raffling off an animal is not the only way to be successful at a raffle.

How about YOU go call the dealerships and arrange this?

RubyTuesday
Sep. 2, 2013, 04:16 PM
Really people?

So every hick who has 5 bucks laying around may walk away with a living breathing animal they have no clue what to do with or how to take care of?

I'm a member of a group that stopped doing this and stopped having a donated foal be auctioned off for this very reason...you have NO control over who wins and guaranteed at least one idiot who should never own even a houseplant WILL enter.

RubyTuesday
Sep. 2, 2013, 04:20 PM
I'm glad to know that.

I'd be real curious to see how they would enforce it if it did happen. I am not denying that the donor is very generous, just see a big possibility for a disaster for a very nice animal here.

rttigrl
Sep. 2, 2013, 05:40 PM
Does anyone know the whereabouts of past foals awarded? Anyone on CoTH one of the winners? Do most winners keep the foal or donate back?

Leg-Up
Sep. 2, 2013, 07:33 PM
For those of you that are concerned, rest assured, we monitor each and every foal that has been won. Periodic updates are requested and have always been complied with quite happily.

Additionally, as part of the rules of purchasing raffle tickets, you agree to: "Winning entrant agrees to provide periodically updates and photos of the foal as well as occasional onsite checks, if deemed necessary. Winning entrant also agrees that they are fully able and capable of caring for and raising a foal, including but not limited to adequate feeding, housing and training of said foal. If at any time, it is deemed that winning entrant is unable to properly care for said foal, winning entrant agrees to return the foal to Sponsor and any and all fees paid for purchasing raffle tickets shall be refunded."

There are a few photos on our Facebook page of the last two raffle foals, for those that are interested. I think everyone would agree they have landed in very good homes.

Good luck to those who chose to purchase tickets!

Sonesta
Sep. 2, 2013, 07:41 PM
There are TONS of photos and updates of last year's foal on the winner's facebook page. I get updates all the time.

GreyDes
Sep. 2, 2013, 07:54 PM
I think an Escudo II foal is an awesome prize, and bought two tickets to support this great cause!