PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: SoCal. Child-Safe Pony/Hony Capable of Light Work. Some Maintenance OK.

hey101
Aug. 4, 2013, 10:04 AM
I am looking for a pony/hony to teach my kids the basics of horsemanship and riding. Age, color, height don't matter. My ONLY requirement is SAFE (within reasonable horsey parameters).

Pony should be capable of light work a few times a week. I don't mind some maintenance. Would prefer if the pony can hack out on trails, but if not, no problem.

I can offer a GREAT home on my own private 6 acre farm (North County San Diego) with ample turnout!!! A hard thing to come by in SoCal. :) I have many pictures of the facility and can provide excellent references. Pony would share a very large pasture with my 2 other horses, with its own private stall.

I am willing to discuss a "forever" home if the pony needs one more job before retiring, or if the pony is younger, and would be a good pony to move on to a new child when my kids are ready to graduate (say in 4-7 years from now), I would make sure that you, the previous owner, are OK with the next home.

We are settling on our new place the end of Aug, and I would be ready to take on a pony by mid-Sept. Please PM me

hey101
Oct. 17, 2013, 07:18 PM
Bumping this up in case anyone out there is looking for a good home or even a forever home for a reasonably safe hony/pony that my two kids can learn the basics on. Any age, breed, color, some maintenance ok. We've been in our new place for almost 7 weeks now and my two horses are in heaven. I can provide extensive pictures and excellent references.

flaxenfilly23
Oct. 17, 2013, 08:35 PM
What is your budget? Would you be interested in a younger horse that isn't quite finished but has a phenomenal temperament and personality?

hey101
Oct. 18, 2013, 09:54 AM
Thank you, but I'm looking for "dead broke" for my kids to learn on. Young green horse + young green kids is not a combo I'm willing to mess around with, especially when they are my kids! Good luck finding a good home for your baby.