PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to talk hockey?

propspony
Mar. 31, 2013, 07:44 PM
Ok, so still reeling over the Iginla being a Penguin, and then jumping in to play the Islanders the same day he got to Pittsburgh, and then Crosby taking a puck to the face 50 seconds in and not even getting to play with him, and... and...

Flames fans, you are some of the classiest people I've ever seen. I salute you!

http://video.flames.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=231646

https://twitter.com/NHLFlames/status/317299178013347840

SarahandSam
Mar. 31, 2013, 10:06 PM
I'm a Sabres fan. Right now I just want the season over and done with. Ugh.

TEV94
Mar. 31, 2013, 10:08 PM
Wings fan over here:) Had a rough day today... April is going to be tough!

Polydor
Mar. 31, 2013, 10:17 PM
Ok, so still reeling over the Iginla being a Penguin, and then jumping in to play the Islanders the same day he got to Pittsburgh, and then Crosby taking a puck to the face 50 seconds in and not even getting to play with him, and... and...

Flames fans, you are some of the classiest people I've ever seen. I salute you!

http://video.flames.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=231646

https://twitter.com/NHLFlames/status/317299178013347840

Me too! I couldn't believe it when I heard that he was traded! Any idea why he was traded? Always thought he would finish he's career with the Flames.

Don't really know the guys he got traded for but I imagine the Penguins got the better deal and have quite the super star team now.

Just wish I could watch more games over here in Oz...

P.

Ps. Go Tigers go in the WHL league!!

giddybiddy
Mar. 31, 2013, 11:36 PM
It's not NHL, but my little "commuter school" (as ESPN likes to keep calling it) just made it to the Frozen Four! It's the first time the team has ever gotten this far, and they've won both the regional championship and the Hockey East championship...it's really exciting!!

propspony
Apr. 1, 2013, 12:02 AM
It's not NHL, but my little "commuter school" (as ESPN likes to keep calling it) just made it to the Frozen Four! It's the first time the team has ever gotten this far, and they've won both the regional championship and the Hockey East championship...it's really exciting!!

Go Lowell! ;-)

Polydor, I think it was a shock even though everyone seemed to know it was coming. The Flames needed to get his salary (along with a few others) off of their roster so that they could rebuild... but everyone loved him, so they kept putting it off. Once the Pens showed interest, and he realized there was really no chance of the Flames going to the finals, he decided to give winning the Stanley Cup a shot. (We'll leave out the whole Boston debacle...) To say it's been emotional on BOTH sides would be putting it mildly.

Sarahandsam... oooof... at this point, I openly admit to watching Sabres games solely for Gerbe, and to see if Miller will do anything "exciting." LOL! Have you seen this yet? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I40HfH1UiXo Cracks me up. :-D

Tev94 I understand. Since moving to the desert, I've become a Coyotes fan. *sigh* just *sigh*...

Baby horse is a Coyotes fan too. Needless to say she's learning humility at a young age:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100137677500218&l=bd8cfe60db

KateMcCall
Apr. 1, 2013, 12:24 AM
Crosby is so whiny I think everyone who isn't a penguins fan hates him lol

Also a Wings fan here, but unfortunately haven't been able to watch the last few games.

propspony
Apr. 1, 2013, 02:23 AM
Hey SamandSarah! I think this is my favorite moment from the game tonight. LOL!

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/nathan-gerbe-of-the-buffalo-sabres-and-zdeno-chara-boston-news-photo/165129060

me <---- Ignoring the "Crosby is a whiner" comment. LALALALALAAAA I can't hear you! ;-p

Polydor
Apr. 1, 2013, 04:51 AM
Thanks Propspony. Hate not getting any hockey news down here :( Really really miss my hockey night in canada.

Who else salary wise is on the chopping block?

Been trying to search NHL and Flames sites for news and getting some but ya.

P.

SFrost
Apr. 1, 2013, 06:01 AM
Love hockey. Overall I've just been disappointed this season. I am a sabers fan and a caps fan. The caps have done well but overall it is the fans that annoy me. The go and treat it like some important people social event. Fair weather fans. Where I come from (Buffalo) we don't like.people like that. Heck, sometimes we even throw things at them and beat them up. :-P We take our hockey very seriously in Buffalo.

Now for Crosby. Oh how I hate him with a passion. He's a punk. I get most annoyed by the fact he is actually a great player but he ruins it with being a whining sissy. Bad hits happen, pucks to the face happen, injuries are part of the game. He needs to grow up, put on his big boy pants and play without whining. Ugh. He makes my blood boil. We'd tear him a new one in buffalo too. :-P

SarahandSam
Apr. 1, 2013, 08:17 AM
Propspony, love the fire sale video! Gerbe's my absolute fave player, though Otter is up there now too--I already have a Gerbe jersey but need to get an Ott one now. I remember Gerbe trying to fight Chara in his first season and it was adorable. He's such an angry little spider monkey and I love him for it.

LadyNeon01
Apr. 1, 2013, 09:46 AM
propspony, I'm right there with you. I thought that after the Pens traded for Morrow and Murray, they were done trading. I was SHOCKED on Wednesday morning when they got Iginla. And now Crosby out with a broken jaw, and Martin (who's been so solid this year on D) out for a broken hand...ugh. I heard that Letang may be back this week so that's some good news. Just hoping they can keep it together for a Cup run.

northerhunter
Apr. 1, 2013, 10:49 AM
Born and grew up in Montreal, which obviously means I'm a Canadians fan! Loving the team this season.... especially compared to last year.

Jealoushe
Apr. 1, 2013, 10:54 AM
I feel so bad for Sid, as much as I dislike him, he just can't catch a break!

tle
Apr. 1, 2013, 11:24 AM
Another Wings fan checking in... although I'll admit I haven't been following this season like I usually do. Was too annoyed at the whole missing first half. Just now getting back to where I feel I can watch/follow without being bitter.

What does everyone think of the new league divisions for next year? It will be weird to not have Det and Col in the same division... but excited that Toronto will be in Detroit's division!

LadyNeon01
Apr. 1, 2013, 11:36 AM
What does everyone think of the new league divisions for next year? It will be weird to not have Det and Col in the same division... but excited that Toronto will be in Detroit's division!

I'm not sure what to make of them. Logically they make sense (for travel reasons with the exception of Tampa Bay and Florida in with the old Northeast division). My only issue is that the conferences don't have an equal number of teams. So theoretically, it should be easier to make the playoffs in the new Western Conference. But we'll have to see how this all shakes out. I'm excited about Washington being in with the Pens. More opportunities to beat up on Ovechkin. :D

propspony
Apr. 1, 2013, 01:22 PM
I'm excited about Washington being in with the Pens. More opportunities to beat up on Ovechkin. :D

LOL! Like this? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp1DMQ-x33k It's an oldie, but still funny.

Sarahandsam I know!! I love him too! Scrappy little s*** isn't he? If I ever get a Sabres jersey it'll be number 42. What can I say, I dig ponies with attitude. ;-)

Polydor, Bouwmeester is the other biggie that talk says is (most likely) moving. Rumours say Kiprusoff as well, except that he has stated flat out that if they trade him, he won't report to the new team so... who knows? Some drama there that is practically Habs-worthy. ;-)

Notherhunter enjoy your season, you guys DESERVE it.

Love the new alignment. I think when you look at the teams that are in the west themselves, it'll end up being pretty fair. And I FREAKING LOVE that every team plays every team twice per season. I may actually be able to GET tickets to a Pens game or two (or THREE!!) this next year. (Coyotes/Ducks/Kings) AND I'll even maybe get to see the Sabres play too. Oh happy day!!

Now as long as the Coyotes stay in Phoenix... *crossing fingers*

drawstraws
Apr. 1, 2013, 01:28 PM
Lifelong Blackhawks fan here. Loved the first part of the season with their record points streak but they seem to have come back down to earth now, especially with Sharp and Hossa out for the last little while. Can't believe the season is almost over already and the playoffs are just around the corner.

And I agree with most of the others on Crosby - a great player who I lack respect for because of the whining.

chancellor2
Apr. 1, 2013, 01:31 PM
What? No Bruins fans here? I think the team is looking good (although not in the very recent past).

LadyNeon01
Apr. 1, 2013, 03:15 PM
LOL! Like this? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp1DMQ-x33k It's an oldie, but still funny.

Classic commercial, and still funny to this day. :lol:

At least you're close to an NHL team. Since Atlanta moved, the closest one is now Dallas (9+ hours away). Philly is close to my parents (about 1.5 hours, closer for my sister), but I refuse to see the Pens there (I fear for my safety). The lockout messed up my plans to see them in Pittsburgh (as well as visiting extended family) so I have to wait till next season now.

propspony
Apr. 1, 2013, 04:12 PM
Classic commercial, and still funny to this day. :lol:

At least you're close to an NHL team. Since Atlanta moved, the closest one is now Dallas (9+ hours away). .

"OVECHKIN!!!" LOLOL! Love it!

You know... I was totally whining about the 4 1/2 hours to Anaheim/LA or 5 to Phoenix. I guess I never thought about places with 9+ hours. ooof... (and.. uh.. yeah... I don't think I'd have the courage to go to Philly as a Pens fan without very LARGE and angry looking backup with me)

Luckily, we DO have an ECHL team here in Vegas that keeps me sane. Just bought my Mini-season plan on Friday! They even made it to the Kelly Cup playoffs this year!! Go Wranglers!!! :-D

ET's Home
Apr. 1, 2013, 07:02 PM
Sabres fan here, also very disappointed (but laughed my a## at the fire sale video - wonder if I could buy me a goalie....) Liked this ad also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZTRiz4r-1A

Sorry Propspony, another Crosby hater. But now I have to watch and root for the Pens as Murray played for my alma mater, Cornell. This is one tough Swede!

propspony
Apr. 1, 2013, 08:03 PM
[QUOTE But now I have to watch and root for the Pens as Murray played for my alma mater, Cornell. This is one tough Swede![/QUOTE]

It's all good, (shhh... don't let this get out) but... Crosby isn't actually my favorite Penguin. Glad he's on our team and all, can't deny his talent, or his accomplishments, and I'll gloat just as much as the next fan when he gets some insane shot in, but I'm probably never gonna be sporting a Crosby jersey. In any case I have to save up to buy the baby horse her own Shane Doan jersey. ;-p

I think Murray is pretty interesting. Apparently, he's like skating into a brick wall. LOL! AND he's already gotten an assist. Just really glad he's not going to be beating up on the 'yotes quite so often now. (any idea about the whole "Beer Tap" and "Crankshaft" stuff? Do you have some inside scoop there ET?) LOL!

Love the Miller commercial. His comments after his whole "Kaleta is a crybaby" gaff a few weeks ago cracked me up. Basically he said: "At this point I think everyone in Buffalo knows I'm prone to say stupid stuff at times." Heh. Miller...

LadyNeon01
Apr. 2, 2013, 11:05 AM
Excited I get to see the Pens on TV tonight (and tomorrow and Friday!) after not seeing them in a week. I'm hoping that Malkin steps up now that Sid is out. He seems to play better when Sid's not in the lineup (weird but I'll take it). Not sure I like putting Kennedy up on the first line with Kunitz and Dupuis, but we'll see how it goes. And knowing Bylsma, he'll mix up the lines at some point during tonight's game.

propspony
Apr. 2, 2013, 11:34 AM
Excited I get to see the Pens on TV tonight (and tomorrow and Friday!) after not seeing them in a week. I'm hoping that Malkin steps up now that Sid is out. He seems to play better when Sid's not in the lineup (weird but I'll take it). Not sure I like putting Kennedy up on the first line with Kunitz and Dupuis, but we'll see how it goes. And knowing Bylsma, he'll mix up the lines at some point during tonight's game.

Totally! Me too, AND Miller's getting the start against Vokoun tonight. I think I'm going to go to a Sabres bar to watch it, just to make thing more... um... exciting. (this is only because I *know* where the Sabres bar is, and there are no Pens bars here that I know of)

I *SO* want TK to step up and just be in beast mode tonight. For as much as the fans hate him for being meh, there has to be something there... I mean Bylsma seems to really like him. I want a whole game of: "OMG look at Kennedy GO!" lol! ;-p Well, if not there's always Cooke to move things along...

Since I keep finding hilarious Pens clips... here's one of my faves. TK and Letang doing the weather. Love how TK points out James Bay, and Letang forgets how to speak French: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5SUwr31ur8

and for contrast, Mikkel Boedker doing the Phoenix weather last week, or rather *attempting* to, while Phoenix plays "hide and seek" with him: http://video.coyotes.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=579&id=229773&lang=en

Mako
Apr. 2, 2013, 01:37 PM
Go Devils!!

justkidding
Apr. 2, 2013, 01:41 PM
L.G.B! Let's Go BLUES!

Fingers crossed we'll make playoffs.

SarahandSam
Apr. 2, 2013, 10:00 PM
Propspony, how's that Sabres bar working out for ya tonight? ;)

ET's Home
Apr. 2, 2013, 10:02 PM
Way to go sabres! Great job stopping the pens at 15 straight!!

LadyNeon01
Apr. 2, 2013, 10:17 PM
Horrible game by the Pens. Sloppy and undisciplined. Fleury played well in relief of Vokoun, which was the only highlight of the game. Oh, and Iginla's first goal as a Penguin. I have to give credit to the Sabres for coming out ready to play and getting the Pens off their game.

propspony
Apr. 2, 2013, 10:27 PM
Propspony, how's that Sabres bar working out for ya tonight? ;)

One of our boarders works at a sports bar down the road, so I went there instead. Thank Goodness. OOOOF. But Iggy got his first goal as a Penguin. *sniff* Yay.

Now I'm cheering on the Coyotes!!! GOOOOO SHANE DOAN!

Gotta love the shortened season. It's been Pens/'Yotes double headers all season.

propspony
Apr. 2, 2013, 11:05 PM
Heh. Since starting this thread, all of my banner ads have suddenly become ads for Canucks jerseys. LOL!

SarahandSam
Apr. 3, 2013, 08:58 AM
My banner ads all became Disney-related after I posted about a Disney vacation last OT day!

propspony
Apr. 3, 2013, 09:48 AM
Sarahandsam Was there celebrating in the streets? ;-p

I mean... you know, until Ray Shero gets Darcy to trade him Ryan Miller today for a bag of cheetos and a 4th round draft pick. :-)

and the best part of this post:

YAYAYAY COYOTES!!!!!

ParadoxFarm
Apr. 3, 2013, 09:52 AM
I hate that in the new divisions my Preds will not be in the same division as my "old" team, the Wings. Those are Nashville biggest games! Sigh. We will be stuck with all the long commute west coast teams.

SarahandSam
Apr. 3, 2013, 01:22 PM
Hey now, we want two fourth round draft picks and a bag of pucks for Miller!

I am really curious to see what trades happen for the Sabres--I really think it's going to be Pominville or possibly Miller. Hoping not Vanek. I just hate that we're at the point where we have to be even considering moves like that in order to get prospects and draft picks. Ugh. But Miller isn't any use if he's blocking a million shots because we have no defense, and Pominville and Vanek aren't any use if their only chances to get a goal are on random breakaways because all the rest of our offense is too busy skating around behind our own net trying to recover the damn puck...

propspony
Apr. 3, 2013, 01:43 PM
I think that with Vanek on IR he can't be traded. So you're safe with that one. ;-) I'm beginning to think that Nobody's going to get traded. Darn boring trade day. LOL!

LadyNeon01
Apr. 3, 2013, 02:24 PM
Wow, Ray Shero is still adding players. Pens got Jussi Jokinen from Carolina for a conditional draft pick (6th or 7th round depending on what happens). Carolina is still on the hook for part of his salary.

Still seems like a boring trade deadline day.

SarahandSam
Apr. 3, 2013, 10:56 PM
I'll miss Pominville, but we got a good deal for him, it seems... though with acquiring a new goalie, it'll be interesting to see what that does for our trades this summer and next season with Miller only having a year left on his contract. With him and a couple of our gazillion top round picks, we could get just about anyone... or train someone up to sell him off mid-season next year...

Agree totally that it was a pretty boring day.

propspony
Apr. 4, 2013, 12:02 AM
I agree, not much exciting. The Coyotes traded one of my favorite players back to New Jersey though. Had his big 1000 game ceremony yesterday and traded today. :-( I think everyone saw it coming, and it didn't make much sense to keep him, but darn it, I liked watching him play.

Oh well...

I think Pominville will be great on the Wild. Seems like he'd really fit in with that team. Well, let's see what happens with the Sabres. It'll be interesting I'm sure. ;-)

867-5309
Apr. 4, 2013, 06:21 AM
What? No Bruins fans here? I think the team is looking good (although not in the very recent past).

Jagr is a Bruin!! !!!

LadyNeon01
Apr. 4, 2013, 08:13 AM
Jagr is a Bruin!! !!!

Jagr used to be one of my favorite players back when he was with the Pens. But toward the end of his time there, he started getting an attitude and I think it turned off many Pens fans (including me). I was actually rather relieved that he signed with Philly when he came back to the NHL. Not sure if his time in Europe helped his attitude or not, but I'd rather not have that possibility in the locker room.

OTOH, he's still a good player. Age has caught up to him though.

867-5309
Apr. 4, 2013, 04:34 PM
looking forward to seeing him skate w/the Bruins tonight. I think he's got the most points on his new team for this season :-)

rmh_rider
Apr. 4, 2013, 04:34 PM
OP asked: Anyone want to talk hockey?

Umm, no.

LadyNeon01
Apr. 4, 2013, 05:02 PM
I didn't even want to say anything about the Pens game last night. It was that bad. They looked flat and undisciplined. I'm hoping that they get their act together for Friday night against the Rangers (again). Bylsma was mixing up the lines during the game just trying to find something that worked. If they have anything to build on from last night, its that they didn't give up a PP goal during the last penalty in the 3rd period. And I think I like Sutter centering the first line a bit more than TK, only because its more of a presence in front of the net and better on faceoffs. I do have to keep in mind that the law of averages has to catch up to the Pens after winning 15 straight.

propspony
Apr. 4, 2013, 06:29 PM
OP asked: Anyone want to talk hockey?

Umm, no.

Then why post on here?

propspony
Apr. 4, 2013, 06:33 PM
I'm thinking there's going to be a bit of an adjustment period. It'll come together...

Coyotes are still down 3 on injured reserve, Torres/Lombardi/Sullivan gone, and playing with two AHL call-ups against the red wings tonight. It'll be... interesting... Come on 'Yotes...

LadyNeon01
Apr. 16, 2013, 10:36 AM
Playoffs are almost here! Going to be interesting who makes it and who doesn't. Philly is out of it for all intents and purposes (yay!), and Jersey isn't looking good either. I'm hoping Winnipeg can manage to make it in, mainly for match up reasons (if the Caps win the SE) against the Pens since they can't drop any lower than 2nd.

propspony
May. 25, 2013, 10:06 AM
Alright. Last night was game five of the Pens/Sens series... and I had tickets to the Las Vegas 51s baseball game. (It was free jersey giveaway night!!!)

So I compromised:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100169442068768&l=f210598838

HAHA! All night I had people coming up, asking the score and then high-fiving me. I was mobbed by little children squealing: "Penguins, I LOVE THE PENGUINS" and doing small children happy-dances. There was an elderly man in a wheelchair from Calgary who stopped me and said the happiest moment of his year so far was when he found out Iggy was going to Pittsburgh and not Boston.

And just in case anyone cares... final score: Pittsburgh 6 - Ottawa 2

Bring on the BRUINS! (I'm just gonna assume here, unless Torts pulls out some magic or sells his soul...)

Completely insane owner and hate-mongering factions of the fan base aside, I have to say just how much admiration I have for Paul MacLean and the Senators. I hope Maclean gets the Jack Adams, there isn't a coach in the NHL that deserves it more this year, and I can't wait to see what they do next year! Go #peskySens! :-)

Polydor
May. 25, 2013, 07:40 PM
I'm in heaven! Woke up on my weekend off to have ice hockey being shown on tv! WOOT! And no commercials at that! And even better not on FOX! Perfect way to wake up on a almost rainy day.

Boston 2 vs NYR 1 in the 3rd

Saw Penguins vs Senators last night too.

Still sad that all canadian teams are out, correct?

P.

ps.propspony - How's your filly doing? Love all your pics of her and hearing about her!

Bacardi1
May. 25, 2013, 07:42 PM
My husband would love to talk hockey, but unfortunately at the moment he's glued to the tube watching the Rangers. Even I wouldn't disturb him now. ;)

Has been a hockey fan since dinosaurs roamed the earth. Even worked selling popcorn at the Long Island Arena to watch the infamous "Long Island Ducks" at the equally infamous arena. Then moved on to playing in adult leagues.

Is actually how we got together. His day job back then was as an auto mechanic (we're talking over 30 years ago), & when he'd done some gratis work on my car, I gifted him with 2 tickets to a hockey game. No strings attached, but he invited me to go with him & the rest is over 30 years of history.

So I guess you can say that hockey brought us together - lol!! :)

propspony
May. 25, 2013, 08:02 PM
Bacardi1 that's awesome!!

Polydor, come visit over on www.facebook.com/propspony TONS of pics and videos of her.

She's PERFECT! Everything I ever could have wished for in this baby. I can't remember if I posted this pic on this thread, but here she is showing her coyotes love a few months ago. (Before they were eliminated...)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100139928154888&l=bea7f98946

Foxtrot's
May. 25, 2013, 09:27 PM
Fair weather Canuck fan here - packed up my toys and left the sandbox very early on in the playoffs! Pffff. Pout.

SarahandSam
May. 25, 2013, 09:58 PM
I'm glad Chicago's hanging in so far tonight... still rooting for them and Pat Kane, our South Buffalo cabbie-punching local boy...

propspony
May. 25, 2013, 11:42 PM
Hey SarahandSam! A friend of mine picked me up a few presents at Fan Appreciation night, and sent me THIS as a surprise. ;-) I laughed SOOO hard when I opened the box.

So... while some Sabres are currently practicing their golf swings, Ryan Miller has taken up... POLO! LOL!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100162515948768&l=c000a1614b

drawstraws
May. 25, 2013, 11:50 PM
My Blackhawks came through tonight! SO glad, because I'm currently laid up with a broken leg so watching hockey every night has been passing the time and I wasn't ready for the Hawks to be out of it already.

SarahandSam
May. 26, 2013, 08:31 AM
Propspony, that's hilarious!

I've got a Gerbe from the same line of dolls; I think I'm going to have to do some creative staging with him...

chism
May. 26, 2013, 10:13 AM

PRESENT! Looking exceptionally good, I'd say! BRING IT Sidney! ;)

On the commercial note...Has anyone seen the new NHL one with Nick (forget his last name...something Swedish, starts with S maybe? I KNOW it..just oldtimers is keeping it from me) walking in to the medical staff office saying "I think I have a splinter", and then he comes through the door and he's impaled through the right arm with a stick. Then he says something along the lines of "Hurry up, I have to get back on the ice!". Then they show him walking back out to the ice, shaking it off. THAT's the spirit of hockey and why I love it so much.

propspony
May. 26, 2013, 11:16 AM
Haha! That's Nick Backstrom. He cracks me up. One of my co-workers used to work with the Caps when she lived in DC and said he was one of the nicest guys she'd ever worked with.

The commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jv02l3Jxgo (Bolt cutters???)

All I have to say about last night is YEAH BLACKHAWKS!

SarahandSam I've already decided that I'm going to buy tix and drive down to see Coyotes/Sabres this year. (since with realignment every team is playing every team home and away) You are MORE than welcome to join me. Just be forewarned there may be some squealing of the *isn't that little shetland pony cuuute* type when Gerbe hits the ice. ;-)

I mean a Vegas/Phoenix trip during a Buffalo winter... I'm just sayin'...

propspony
May. 26, 2013, 11:19 AM
PRESENT! Looking exceptionally good, I'd say! BRING IT Sidney! ;)

How much fun is this series going to be!! Some good old time hockey coming right up! :-D

Murray vs Chara? This is gonna be awesome!!

SarahandSam
May. 26, 2013, 01:08 PM
Props, I may totally take you up on that--and I also squeal at Gerbe's adorableness, while egging him on to fight. Nothing is more adorable than Gerbe trying to fight someone Chara-sized. He's like a spider monkey.

I do like that Backstrom commercial too. I mostly just like any time hockey players try to act. That Sabres Green Team commercial with Ryan Miller trying out his acting chops is hilarious. He's so wooden, and the crazy eyes...

propspony
May. 26, 2013, 02:56 PM
He's so wooden, and the crazy eyes...

My dogs are SO afraid of the crazy eyes. The doll fell off of the horse while I was at work, when I got home the corgis were backed into the corner looking at it like: "Please tell us that isn't our new chew toy because we're afraid..."

Have you seen the meme with Chara and Gerbe "NHL celebrates first annual take your kid to work day" Good times!

Seriously though, c'mon over! Trips to Phoenix are always a good time. I've been known to get lost in Kingman, Wickenburg and Surprise all in the same trip! ;-)

(Besides, can you imagine if Mike Smith walks and the "yotes sign Ryan Miller??? How awesome would that be? LOL!)

SarahandSam
May. 26, 2013, 04:47 PM
Are the Miller doll's eyes half a centimeter apart, with one very slightly higher than the other?

I didn't see that meme, but I need to look it up! That locker room picture with Scott and Gerbe would be a good one for that. (:

I do love Phoenix... especially when the alternative is Buffalo in winter!

ETA: http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2013/04/10/unequivocal-proof-that-zdeno-chara-is-taller-than-nathan-gerbe/ :lol:

TickleFight
May. 26, 2013, 04:48 PM
GO WINGS!!!

chism
May. 26, 2013, 06:56 PM
Haha! That's Nick Backstrom. He cracks me up. One of my co-workers used to work with the Caps when she lived in DC and said he was one of the nicest guys she'd ever worked with.

The commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jv02l3Jxgo (Bolt cutters???)

Duh - Thanks...I kept coming up with Stenstrom...and I'm like.. "No, that's not it" .

Bogey2
May. 26, 2013, 07:00 PM
Go Bruins!

propspony
May. 27, 2013, 08:28 PM
So... Blackhawks/Wings on now. What do you guys think? Is it ending tonight? Is it going to 7? Will the Wings do it or are the Hawks gonna come back and win the series? :-)

ET's Home
May. 27, 2013, 09:09 PM
Hawks are gonna come back, love the way the Wings have played but won't be enough.

If (and I mean IF) Ryan Miller were to be traded I would prefer the Islanders. The Islanders really gave the Pens a run for their money, better than the Bruins. A top goalie would be the edge that the young Islanders need. The Sens could really use Ryan, but it would kill me if he went there. Only thing worse would be the Devils...

SarahandSam
May. 27, 2013, 09:22 PM
Miller's going to be gone... his house is for sale and the way they were talking to him after the last game this season, I definitely think they're going to trade him while he's still worth something. I'd hate him to go to the Sens too...

SarahandSam
May. 27, 2013, 10:49 PM
Also: HAWKS!!!!!!!

LadyNeon01
May. 28, 2013, 09:31 AM
I was on vacation last week and missed the Pens offensive explosion in Games 4 and 5 against the Sens. My dad was watching the games and giving me updates via text. Which reminds me, I need to find some replays.

Onto the conference finals, a Rangers fan friend texted me the other night after Boston eliminated the Rangers. He said that Chara is like having a tree standing permanently between you and the net. :lol: If the Pens defense actually shows up, then it'll be a good series. That's the only concern I have right now. That may change once they start playing though.

drawstraws
May. 28, 2013, 01:38 PM
OMG, the screaming at the TV my dad and I were doing at the TV last night during the Hawks game - it was ridiculous!

On another note, is there anyone here who actually likes Pierre McGuire? About 20 times a game I'm yelling at the TV to "Shut up, Pierre!". Good lord I hate him. And I'm starting to despise Doc Emerick announcing too - Game 7 I'm going to start making a list of the different verbs he uses to describe what's going on that are ridiculous. "He knifes it into the zone". He sashays over the blue line". Those were moralistic penalties." Can't I just have Pat Foley back, please????

propspony
May. 28, 2013, 01:55 PM
He said that Chara is like having a tree standing permanently between you and the net. :lol:

We HAVE to get some shots of Chara and Murray standing together with "normal" sized players around them. It'd be great. LOL!

Drawstraws I think pretty much EVERYONE agrees with you about Pierre McGuire. In fact here's one of many threads dedicated to it:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=727559

I love this as well. LOL.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0fyb76MKk1qjjex1o1_400.gif

Or for the Bruins fans:
http://tinypic.com/r/im788k/5

Poor Pierre. ;-p

LadyNeon01
May. 29, 2013, 02:13 PM
Schedule's out for the Eastern Conference. Game 1 of Pens-Bruins is Saturday night. Western Conference gets sorted out tonight, and it should be a good game. I wonder what'll happen if Detroit blows a 3-1 series lead...

chancellor2
May. 29, 2013, 02:48 PM
Go Bruins.....I'd love to see a Red Wings/Bruins Stanley Cup but I am not sure the Bruins can defeat the Penguins!

nlk
May. 29, 2013, 03:17 PM
Fingers crossed for he Wings! From Detroit area and hockey is pretty serious around here lol

rivenoak
May. 29, 2013, 04:16 PM
I'm going to the ranch tonight so that I do not have to listen to DH screaming at the Wings.

If I hear "QUINCY," "FRANZEN," or "KRONWALL" in an exasperated coach's voice one.more.time I am going to throttle someone. I just don't know which someone it's going to be.

ReveilleandRinsie
May. 29, 2013, 04:32 PM
ACK -- Come on, Wings! They are seriously giving me heartburn. If we can get Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Brunner really producing and get guys like Abdelkader skating like they can, we can pull it out.

I don't think I'm going to be able to watch the game tonight, just check the score afterward.

Also? Kronwall. *swoon* :winkgrin:

chism
May. 29, 2013, 07:04 PM
Go Bruins.....I'd love to see a Red Wings/Bruins Stanley Cup but I am not sure the Bruins can defeat the Penguins!

Oh ye of little faith! BELIEVE!!!!

Of course..Saturday is the one night in months I choose to go out and catch up with old friends! :( I already told them I have to duck out early to be home for the game...I think they think I'm odd. ;)

nlk
May. 30, 2013, 12:28 AM
Well the Wings are out :( but I have to say that after having so many "rookies" and injuries etc they made it farther than anyone really thought.