PDA

View Full Version : I'm starving!

alabama
Mar. 31, 2013, 05:20 PM
What's for dinner??? :D

Alagirl
Mar. 31, 2013, 05:21 PM
LOL

I made turnip green soup yesterday, still got some leftovers.

MunchingonHay
Mar. 31, 2013, 05:27 PM
I made delicious cream of vegetable soup the other week and I am still thinking about it.

3 cloves of whole garlic
3 stalks of celery
1 onion
pinch or so of salt.

sweat and saute till translucent

then add
a crap-ton of broccoli (I am talking the whole head and some stalk here)
carrots, about 3 cups
one russett potato
all cut up in chucks

3 cups of stock whatever you like chicken, veg, I like to use better than bouillon

boil

drop to a simmer for 30 mins or until potato is done

then blend (in batches) the soup in a blender or use one of those stick blenders

the roux
3T of butter
3T of AP flour
2 cups of milk

stir till thick, salt and pepper to taste and add it to the vegetable mixture.

Your spoon will stand up this soup is so thick!

LOVE IT!

If you have ever been to the A.O.C in NYC's West Village and have had their cream of vegetable soup, this is just like that.

I finally cracked the code suckers!!!

http://www.aocnyc.com/

Bacardi1
Mar. 31, 2013, 05:42 PM
Well, today being Easter & all, I'm just about to start throwing together my "Broccoli Blue Cheese Casserole", which will be a side to a whole smoked turkey that will be popped into the oven afterwards along with a couple of whole sweet potatoes (to be served split & buttered). Hubby's favorite "Pillsbury Crescent Rolls" go in right after the turkey & patooties come out. With any luck, dessert will be "Brown Sugar Banana Parfaits with Maple-Glazed Pecans".

MunchingonHay
Mar. 31, 2013, 05:50 PM
where do you live Bacardi...I am coming right over.

Indy
Mar. 31, 2013, 05:54 PM
Baked panko and parmesan crusted haddock, homemade herb bread, and steamed asparagus.

LauraKY
Mar. 31, 2013, 05:59 PM
Chicken Baked Ziti, Broccoli, Garlic Clove Bread and Carrot Cake

Bacardi1
Mar. 31, 2013, 06:07 PM
where do you live Bacardi...I am coming right over.

And we'd have more than enough for you too - lol!!! Since it's just hubby & I, holiday feasts have us "enjoying" the bounty for quite awhile afterwards. Leftover creativity is the name of the game around here.

supershorty628
Mar. 31, 2013, 06:13 PM
Leftover stir fry (spinach, bok choy, celery, scallops, calamari, baby corn, mushrooms, water chestnuts, and some other stuff with soy sauce) and some deviled eggs!

Blue Yonder
Mar. 31, 2013, 06:24 PM
Mmmmm....

Grilled marinated asparagus, grilled chicken, quinoa, salad, strawberries. Eating a light early dinner for Easter this year.

stolen virtue
Mar. 31, 2013, 06:30 PM
Grilled salmon with hollandaise, bacon, smoked gouda mashed potatoes, asparagus, tomato salad and apple crisp. My son chose the menu, his sister approved it.

I wanted roast chicken but they said no.

Calvincrowe
Mar. 31, 2013, 06:38 PM
Baked ham (home raised..by a 4H friend)
Au Gratin Potatoes
Roasted Asparagus with garlic balsamic vinaigrette
Fresh baked rolls (golly the house smells good!)
Strawberries
Deviled Eggs
Ice Cream Cake for dessert (thanks to my SIL)

Dinner's at 5:30 if anyone can make it ;)

stolen virtue
Mar. 31, 2013, 06:41 PM
Baked ham (home raised..by a 4H friend)
Au Gratin Potatoes
Roasted Asparagus with garlic balsamic vinaigrette
Fresh baked rolls (golly the house smells good!)
Strawberries
Deviled Eggs
Ice Cream Cake for dessert (thanks to my SIL)

Dinner's at 5:30 if anyone can make it ;)

That sounds so good, and although I am in California I do know where Washougal is....

Wellspotted
Mar. 31, 2013, 06:42 PM
Salmon on rice (my variation of kedgeree), cauliflower which I cooked this afternoon, maybe a bit more of my Easter bunny (I started on his ears on Good Friday; I am just about down to the top of his head today).

Kitteh supper is going to be either salmon not on rice, or else the kitty Treatballs I cooked when I was cooking the cauliflower this afternoon.

Come on over!

You too, stolen virtue--and bring your smoked gouda mashed potatoes recipe please!

alabama
Mar. 31, 2013, 06:43 PM
Ok, you people are making me jealous. I'm looking at a frozen Totinos pizza. Very sad.

Bacardi1
Mar. 31, 2013, 06:43 PM
. . . . and some deviled eggs!

Arggghhh!!! Thanks for reminding me!! I specifically set some fresh eggs aside for a week so I could boil them & easily peel them for Deviled Eggs!! Forgot all about them. Oh well, I'll enjoy them just as much if I make them tomorrow (hubby isn't a Deviled Egg fan, so won't care).

CHSatwork
Mar. 31, 2013, 07:24 PM
chicken in garlic/butter sauce over linguini

dani0303
Mar. 31, 2013, 07:27 PM
I made some homemade burgers on kaiser rolls with baked potato wedges and a greek salad. Simple but tasty!! :D

superD
Mar. 31, 2013, 07:31 PM
Everything sounds sooo good!!

Just some Chinese takeout for me.......

HorseShine
Mar. 31, 2013, 07:43 PM
Chicken sammich with mayo and minced green onions & basil; hash browns and pumpkin pie. ... oh all right - whipped cream on the pie.

cowboymom
Mar. 31, 2013, 07:45 PM
4H pork roast baked slowly in soy sauce and garlic
broccoli salad (brocc, bacon, cheese, celery, mayo, soy, garlic, ect)
fruit salad
ancho chile sweet potatoes
homemade PB and Chocolate ice cream from our milk cow milk
bread pudding (reference above)

CarolinaGirl
Mar. 31, 2013, 07:51 PM
Cheddar Baked Chicken: http://bakebakebake.livejournal.com/3147963.html Found it on Pinterest awhile ago and hubby loved it, so we're having that tonight. Probably with green beans on the side.

hiddenlake
Mar. 31, 2013, 07:57 PM
We just returned from four days of complete gluttony in Napa Valley, so it's light eating this weekend. Last night was broiled mahi mahi with spicy mango salsa, and roasted asparagus with fresh thyme. Tonight is spicy garlic chicken with lemon glaze, and a side of home made creamed spinach casserole (124 calories per serving even with the cheese :D). My dessert of choice will be skinny cow fudge pops!

ManyDogs
Mar. 31, 2013, 08:04 PM
Just finished chicken Parmesan, salad, and generic Bailey's on ice. Now the flourless cake recipe is calling to me.

Mar. 31, 2013, 08:04 PM
LOL

I made turnip green soup yesterday, still got some leftovers.

Do you have a recipe for beet greens, swiss chard, kale, - I think the Bok Choi has bolted beyond redemption. (untameable outlaw vegetable!)

I'm having lemon garlic chicken breasts simmered in olive oil with a white wine & cream sauce, baby potatoes and spinach,

mroades
Mar. 31, 2013, 08:12 PM
Healthy Choice Chicken Margherita

Bacardi1
Mar. 31, 2013, 08:13 PM
Do you have a recipe for beet greens, swiss chard, kale, . . . .

Altogether or individually? I have a few interesting independent recipes for swiss chard & kale that we regularly enjoy.

horseymum
Mar. 31, 2013, 08:13 PM
Leg of Lamb, Ham, roast potatoes, boiled potatoes and pan fried leeks, roasted parsnip, caramelised onions, carrots and onions in mustard and brown sugar, peas, mint sauce and red currant jelly! Oooh, also cheese stuffed zuchinni baked in the oven

Vanilla cupcakes, and cheesecake and fruit salad for dessert!!! It was all super yummy and I am stuffed!

Bacardi1
Apr. 1, 2013, 01:39 PM
Just a followup for those who like smoked turkey - the Butterball Smoked Turkey was FABULOUS!! Who woulda thought? Mild smoke flavor, not salty at all (thank God!), juicy, & very turkey flavorful. One hour on a rack in a foil-covered roasting pan at 350 degrees just to heat it through.

I'll be completely deconstructing the leftover bird today, & am already envisioning several meals from what's left - a nice Split-Pea soup with the carcass & little bits of meat tossed in; my Czech parents "Fleetchkee" (spelled phonetically), which is basically mac & cheese subbing wide egg noodles for the mac & adding in bits of leftover ham, for which I'll use smoked turkey; an entree performance of yesterday's meal; endless possibilities.

But really just wanted to let you guys know that a Butterball Smoked Turkey is definitely a good easy-to-prepare delicious buy. This was my first time enjoying one, & it won't be my last! :)

paulaedwina
Apr. 1, 2013, 01:41 PM
Cod and Southwest Vegetables (black beans, corn, red pepper, sweet potato, and onion) simmered in a Korma sauce. Over rice -boring rice since I didn't have any coconut milk to make a coconut rice. Missing some kind of green leafy, but I am being too lazy to get in the car just to go get some veg.

Paula

suz
Apr. 1, 2013, 03:32 PM
late to the party as usual!
yesterday we dined at dear step dd's and her so. they roasted a venison which was wonderful, steamed brussels, garlic mashed potatoes and a midnight cake with whipped cream for dessert. it was delicious!

tazz001
Apr. 1, 2013, 03:35 PM
Fridge clean out tonight:

leftover beef tenderloin and whatever else is in there that is edible. I am sure there is fuzzy stuff in the back...ewwwww.