PDA

View Full Version : Can I hide eggs tonight (hard boiled real eggs)?

4Martini
Mar. 31, 2013, 12:16 AM
I'm getting very mixed messages on if I should hide them tonight or get up super early and do it. Will they go bad out all night?

Calvincrowe
Mar. 31, 2013, 12:19 AM
What is the temperature overnight? If it is below 40 degrees, then I'd not be too concerned--the fridge holds them between 34 and 40 degrees. We always simply hid plastic ones, or chocolate to avoid that...well, and it rains so much here, that eggs in 50 degree wetness just seemed icky!

rivenoak
Mar. 31, 2013, 08:50 AM
I set my alarm so I could hide eggs. In the dark, in a xeriscaped yard.

Luckily the temps aren't too high yet. And, I don't hide anything with chocolate.

dotneko
Mar. 31, 2013, 09:34 AM
Because you are worried about spoilage? In the old days, we used to leave colored eggs on the table for days and eat them. The Greeks put them in their Easter bread and it sits out also.

Acertainsmile
Mar. 31, 2013, 09:59 AM
I get up extra early and sneak downstairs to hide them. Plastic eggs go out at night and I pray my dogs don't find them!

tryintogethere
Mar. 31, 2013, 11:02 AM
I hide mine in the morning, and even then I have to wait until it is light out, otherwise the raccoons eat them and all that is left is colored shell lol.

rustbreeches
Mar. 31, 2013, 11:16 AM
Last year I got the bright idea to do it at like midnight, then just sleep. The coons got everything that was on the ground. This year DH took pity on my enormous self and went out at 5:45 to do it. Unfortunately, it rained late yesterday afternoon and froze last night. Egg hunting was treacherous this morning