PDA

View Full Version : Quidam!

mroades
Mar. 30, 2013, 11:12 PM
Just got home from seeing Quidam by Cirque du Soleil. Wow!!!! Has anyone else seen it or any other Cirque shows?

Indy
Mar. 31, 2013, 03:48 PM
I saw Ka in Vegas a few years ago. It was amazing. It's martial arts based, so different from a lot of the Cirque shows. The theater it's in was made for the show so it's almost a prop in itself (you get puffs of hot/cold air directly at your seat depending on the scene). The stage tilts and rotates almost entirely vertically too, so cool.

mroades
Mar. 31, 2013, 04:50 PM
I am just still reeling over the Cyr wheel guy, pun intended.

LetItBe
Mar. 31, 2013, 05:30 PM
Going to Quidam in May, glad to hear you likes it.

I've seen Love (Loved it but big Beatle fan:)), Kooza which was really good, Totem which was excellent and O which was a bit much to watch with jet lag:)

LetItBe

mroades
Mar. 31, 2013, 05:44 PM
saw O in Vegas, loved it, but I was well rested...lol

dudleyc
Mar. 31, 2013, 05:50 PM
I saw O in Vegas as well - really cool show!!!

FWIW I liked Blue Man Group almost as much

mroades
Mar. 31, 2013, 06:40 PM
I just missed Blue Man group here..will have to wait til they come back again

propspony
Mar. 31, 2013, 06:54 PM
No love for Mystère? *sniffle*

Quidam is great. LOVELOVELOVED Iris. So unfortunate that it closed. As the Vegas shows go (aside from Mystère) "O" is tops on my list. Zarkana is stunningly beautiful to look at, and Zumanity is just plain fun. :-)

If I remember right, one of the biggies had a freestyle that she rode to Quidam... can't remember who though. Anky maybe?

Wellspotted
Mar. 31, 2013, 07:01 PM
I have seen them on TV. Would LOVE to see them in real life.

So cool that you got to go to a live performance!

mroades
Mar. 31, 2013, 08:10 PM
I am so lucky to live in a city that hosts these amazing shows, I lived in Cleveland for a year and never even went to a concert or anything. Now I am in Charleston with a bit more time and a bit more $, I am going to see as much as I can. As far as Mystere goes, I would love to see it, but the WC will have to come back to Vegas!!!

propspony
Mar. 31, 2013, 08:14 PM
haha! Ok, I'll let you slide then. ;-p Having the world cup again would be awesome. Here's hoping. :-)