PDA

View Full Version : 1st world problem with Coth BB

Chall
Mar. 30, 2013, 08:03 AM
That Safeguard ad with the squiggly worm grosses me out so I have to enlarge my screen so I can't see it.
There, I said it. It's a problem:D

GotGait
Mar. 30, 2013, 08:31 AM
OMG yes! I sat and stared at that ugly little thing last night thinking WTF? But he's pretty funny in a Digger the toe fungus monster kind of way.

Blue Yonder
Mar. 30, 2013, 10:39 AM
I was reading recently and my 3yo DS hopped into my lap for a few hugs. He's all boy, and not worried about much, but when he saw that nasty wormy dude, said (with all seriousness), "MOM! That's a MEAN MONSTER! Turn the page!"

It seems like it's looking at you from the screen. Ick! :eek:

MistyBlue
Mar. 30, 2013, 10:47 AM
It squigs me out when I open a thread with the word "pool" in it and the ads change to "swim at home" pool ads. Used to just be on whatever you googled last, now it's any word you read.

Makes me kinda curious what ads will pop up if I open a canoeing thread. :eek: :cool:

alterhorse
Mar. 30, 2013, 10:54 AM
I didn't think it was a pleasant ad either...
Here it is on their website:
http://www.getrotationright.com/UsualSuspects/ad3.jpg

Mtn trails
Mar. 30, 2013, 11:01 AM
I thought the green guy was hilarious. I admit I chuckled aloud when I saw it. But I guess it would get to me if it looked like it was watching me on the screen. For some reason, I have the SmarkPak ad and some other stuff advertised on the banner.

alterhorse
Mar. 30, 2013, 11:04 AM
It squigs me out when I open a thread with the word "pool" in it and the ads change to "swim at home" pool ads. Used to just be on whatever you googled last, now it's any word you read.

Makes me kinda curious what ads will pop up if I open a canoeing thread. :eek: :cool:

I noticed that too, so I reset my browser to erase all of the (presumed) tracking devices.

I think who ever is responsible, is pushing the limits of privacy boundaries, if they are indeed passing google search information onto third party websites.

Sannois
Mar. 30, 2013, 03:13 PM
That Safeguard ad with the squiggly worm grosses me out so I have to enlarge my screen so I can't see it.
There, I said it. It's a problem:D
That's so funny I saw that the other night and it gave me the skeebes!
GACK!!!:disgust:

GoForAGallop
Mar. 30, 2013, 03:20 PM
I think who ever is responsible, is pushing the limits of privacy boundaries, if they are indeed passing google search information onto third party websites.

That's Google passing info onto Google, dear. ;)

kookicat
Mar. 30, 2013, 04:24 PM
Ad Block. :yes:

Simkie
Mar. 30, 2013, 04:36 PM
Ad Block. :yes:

Exactly!!