PDA

View Full Version : I Am So Fed Up!

kathy s.
Mar. 29, 2013, 08:02 PM
I am so done with the current administration and 99% of Congress! First, the sky is falling if the 'sequester' happens and as some have posted here, they are losing their jobs yet the Obama kids have gone on 3 vacays so far this year, Biden's travel costs are sky high, Kerry hands $250 million to Egypt, and we don't see Congress giving up anything. Very telling when an email surfaces with instructions to make sure ordinary people are hurt by the sequester-
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/5/email-tells-feds-make-sequester-painful-promised/?page=all
McCain and clan witness a women scaling the border fence yet argues for amnesty for low skilled illegals. Joe Wilson gets slammed for called out Obama ("You lie!") when he states illegals will not be eligible for Obamacare and lo and behold, guess what? He LIED!
Middle class taxpayers are crumbling under the burden of being forced to support all this. And the most frustrating thing is MSM makes sure the stories are quickly buried-
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/report-obama-daughters-skiing-sun-valley-idaho_712194.html

Sick of it! Anyone else? And keep the name calling off this thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and the usual suspects that resort to childish crap instead of intelligent debate can just ignore this thread.

minnie
Mar. 29, 2013, 08:05 PM
Dr. Ben Carson!

Sannois
Mar. 29, 2013, 08:09 PM
I am so done with the current administration and 99% of Congress! First, the sky is falling if the 'sequester' happens and as some have posted here, they are loosing their jobs yet the Obama kids have gone on 3 vacays so far this year, Biden's travel costs are sky high, Kerry hands $250 million to Egypt, and we don't see Congress giving up anything. Very telling when an email surfaces with instructions to make sure ordinary people are hurt by the sequester-
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/5/email-tells-feds-make-sequester-painful-promised/?page=all
McCain and clan witness a women scaling the border fence yet argues for amnesty for low skilled illegals. Joe Wilson gets slammed for called out Obama ("You lie!") when he states illegals will not be eligible for Obamacare and lo and behold, guess what? He LIED!
Middle class taxpayers are crumbling under the burden of being forced to support all this. And the most frustrating thing is MSM makes sure the stories are quickly buried-
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/report-obama-daughters-skiing-sun-valley-idaho_712194.html

Sick of it! Anyone else? And keep the name calling off this thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and the usual suspects that resort to childish crap instead of intelligent debate can just ignore this thread.
I agree totally, but I swore to myself I would not get in a political debate, The weather is great and I feel good, Trying to keep it light this weekend,
If you want to chat you can message me. I am staying with light this weekend! :)

minnie
Mar. 29, 2013, 08:23 PM
Just a couple of my ideas. ALL appropriations must be voted on individually, no earmarks tacked onto must pass bills. All laws should be written in simple English instead of legalese. Simple enough for a high school student to read and comprehend. Have any of you tried to read this crap? I consider myself reasonably intelligent and after a few pages I have a colossal headache. Obamacare is a colossal failure before it's enacted. It was passed by secret deals in the dark of night by one segment of the government under false premises. It is already causimg more harm than good. It was passed as "not a tax" or it wouldn't have passed to begin with and yet held up because it IS a tax. It's already more than 2 1/2 times more expensive than anticipated and will go higher.

The national debt is a HUGE problem! And will be more than devastating when interest rates go up another couple points.

Our imdividual freedoms are being eroded daily. We're told what we can eat, what lightbulbs we can use, no salt, new business and epa regulations daily that are bankrupting businesses and keeping new businesses from starting, the tax system is a joke. I could fill pages....

A pox on both their houses!!!! We need new blood.

Sorry about the typos. It's a cell phone and I have fat artheitic fingers.

AffirmedHope
Mar. 29, 2013, 08:42 PM
They can only do this crap so much before there is a full on revolt. When you try to silence and stomp down the majority of your citizens, it just makes them louder.

Windsor1
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:02 PM
Joe Wilson gets slammed for called out Obama ("You lie!") when he states illegals will not be eligible for Obamacare and lo and behold, guess what? He LIED!

If that's the case, perhaps you can post here the language from the Affordable Care Act that allows for the health care coverage of those here illegally.

Didn't think so.

stolen virtue
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:09 PM
I am so sick of the GOP. Really, 2013 and we have a state (ND) passing the most extreme anti-abortion bill. Full rights at conception......wow, never would have thought.

Yes, I am fed up as well. Langauge to allow non-citizens health care coverage in the Affordable Care Act does not exist. They always received care from the emergency care centers. Read Much ?

kathy s.
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:20 PM
If that's the case, perhaps you can post here the language from the Affordable Care Act that allows for the health care coverage of those here illegally.

Didn't think so.

There is nothing in the language of the bill preventing coverage for illegals;

http://media.sfexaminer.com/documents/noncitizens.pdf

kathy s.
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:22 PM
I am so sick of the GOP. Really, 2013 and we have a state (ND) passing the most extreme anti-abortion bill. Full rights at conception......wow, never would have thought.

Yes, I am fed up as well. Langauge to allow non-citizens health care coverage in the Affordable Care Act does not exist. They always received care from the emergency care centers. Read Much ?

Yes, I read 5 to 6 newspapers a day- from the ultra- lib NYT to the ultra-conservative Washington Times, then I figure out whats really happening. You?

Trakehner
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:23 PM
If either of the parties want to give amnesty to illegal aliens...lets see them put in where they can't vote for 20 years. I'd bet all of a sudden the Dems won't be so quick to want them coming here if they won't swell their voter rolls.

kathy s.
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:24 PM
If either of the parties want to give amnesty to illegal aliens...lets see them put in where they can't vote for 20 years. I'd bet all of a sudden the Dems won't be so quick to want them coming here if they won't swell their voter rolls.

Lol, great point!

MMacallister
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:26 PM
I am sick of the government spending more than it makes....Period. Not the GOP, or the Dems, or the Tea Party. All of them. I don't mind having some programs to help people that need help, but I think they need to be limited, I don't mind funding some research projects, but I think they need to be limited etc etc.

Windsor1
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:27 PM
There is nothing in the language of the bill preventing coverage for illegals;

http://media.sfexaminer.com/documents/noncitizens.pdf

Really? This sure sounds like it prevents coverage for illegals:

(3) ACCESS LIMITED TO LAWFUL RESIDENTS.—If an individual is not, or is not reasonably expected to be for the entire period for which enrollment is sought, a citizen or national of the United States or an alien lawfully present in the United
States, the individual shall not be treated as a qualified individual and may not be covered under a qualified health plan in the individual market that is offered through an Exchange.

MMacallister
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:37 PM

(3) ACCESS LIMITED TO LAWFUL RESIDENTS.—If an individual is not, or is not reasonably expected to be for the entire period for which enrollment is sought, a citizen or national of the United States or an alien lawfully present in the United
States, the individual shall not be treated as a qualified individual and may not be covered under a qualified health plan in the individual market that is offered through an Exchange.

What is wrong with that? I agree that someone should take a look at the immigration laws and make them make sense, and cost less for people to apply for citizenship, but if they are here illegally why should they be covered?

kathy s.
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:38 PM

Won't amnesty make this null and void?

stolen virtue
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:40 PM
Thanks Windsor I, yes seems some people have not spent many hours in years past in the ER where non-citizens were being treated for things like ear infections, sinus infections and other illnesses that were typically treated at the office of the GP doctor.

I voted democrat and for national healthcare reform, so why does the GOP keep thinking that they will abolish the Affordable Care Act ? Why is it my vote does not register with the crazy party AKA the GOP ? They lost the election and propose a federal budget based on going back in time.....delusional much ?

Windsor1
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:42 PM
What is wrong with that? I agree that someone should take a look at the immigration laws and make them make sense, and cost less for people to apply for citizenship, but if they are here illegally why should they be covered?

I never stated that they should be covered and I'm not really interested in having that discussion. I was simply refuting the BS assertion that Obama lied about the Affordable Care Act not covering people here illegally. He most certainly did NOT lie. It would be nice if people got their facts straight.

Windsor1
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:43 PM

I don't know. What I do know is that the president did NOT lie when he said the Affordable Care Act, as it was written and passed, did NOT cover illegal aliens. Joe Wilson was the liar, not the president.

stolen virtue
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:43 PM

My understanding is that one would need to prove residency and then apply for citizenship. That would make them legal citizens. "null and void " what does that mean ?

Beentheredonethat
Mar. 29, 2013, 10:57 PM
Well, I heard on NPR some info. that ought to make it not so much of an issue. Mexico already has national health care and their economy is improving, so illegals are not so willing to come over here and do hard labor for $5 an hour. They can stay in Mexico and do so AND get health care, and all the people here complaining about immigrants taking all of the jobs can flock to the fields to fill the jobs that they will be leaving.

Bristol Bay
Mar. 29, 2013, 11:46 PM

For all your amnesty questions, please turn to the expert, President Ronald Reagan. :winkgrin:

kathy s.
Mar. 30, 2013, 12:18 AM
For all your amnesty questions, please turn to the expert, President Ronald Reagan. :winkgrin:

True. The 1986 Amnesty was touted as the one and only amnesty agreement. What it did was encourage more illegals to cross our borders in the hope of benefiting from food stamps and other benefits. What a crock...

mvp
Mar. 30, 2013, 12:56 AM
Didn't read the whole thread but my rant isn't about the topics so much as the Very Expensive Form Of Government That Amounts To Serial Crises.

So tired of the drama du jour when, hey, the truth of the matter is that we have been running out of wealth since the end of the Cold War. Let's put that at 1989, the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Call it the Fiscal Cliff (now we don't talk about that any more) or Sequestration (a term that makes so little sense) or the games of chicken played by both parties....I'm so done with it. I can only assume that the reason this goes on is that members of Congress are personally wealth and well-insulated from the effects of their piss-poor governance. Their mistakes make no material difference to them, so this is just a gentleman's game of chess.

kathy s.
Mar. 30, 2013, 10:27 AM
Didn't read the whole thread but my rant isn't about the topics so much as the Very Expensive Form Of Government That Amounts To Serial Crises.

So tired of the drama du jour when, hey, the truth of the matter is that we have been running out of wealth since the end of the Cold War. Let's put that at 1989, the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Call it the Fiscal Cliff (now we don't talk about that any more) or Sequestration (a term that makes so little sense) or the games of chicken played by both parties....I'm so done with it. I can only assume that the reason this goes on is that members of Congress are personally wealth and well-insulated from the effects of their piss-poor governance. Their mistakes make no material difference to them, so this is just a gentleman's game of chess.

I agree. I am sick to death of the shenanigans politicians are pulling all the time. One thing after another with little regard for the impact their decisions have on the rest of us. And then when elections get close they flip flop on issues and often get re-elected by 'low information' voters.

mvp
Mar. 30, 2013, 12:01 PM
I agree. I am sick to death of the shenanigans politicians are pulling all the time. One thing after another with little regard for the impact their decisions have on the rest of us. And then when elections get close they flip flop on issues and often get re-elected by 'low information' voters.

I wonder if this is a Downfall of Civilization thing. We now do splashy, crisis-driven politics. If it doesn't look like an episode of Bad Girls Club, it won't be newsy enough? It's a stylistic choice, issues aside.

Being old and well-educated, I attribute this to the anti-intellectualism of the last 30 years, and maybe the TV-ification of information. No sustained argument, no value for people who are careful and contemplative in their politics, nothing communicated that can't fit into a sound bite (and therefore, no effective politics that are based on reason, but the quicker gut-reaction ideas you can fit into 15 seconds).

AffirmedHope
Mar. 30, 2013, 12:23 PM
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/03/44144-countdown-to-bankruptcy-25-most-insane-stories-on-wasteful-spending

Just some of the important things our government is funding.

jetsmom
Mar. 30, 2013, 03:21 PM
I am so done with the current administration and 99% of Congress! First, the sky is falling if the 'sequester' happens and as some have posted here, they are losing their jobs yet the Obama kids have gone on 3 vacays so far this year, Biden's travel costs are sky high, Kerry hands $250 million to Egypt, and we don't see Congress giving up anything. Very telling when an email surfaces with instructions to make sure ordinary people are hurt by the sequester-

I also agree.

BasqueMom
Mar. 30, 2013, 03:46 PM
Kathy s,

Another agree!

LauraKY
Mar. 30, 2013, 03:50 PM
Dr. Ben Carson!

The same Dr. Ben Carson who was supposed to give the commencement to Johns Hopkins Medical School, but the student body has asked him not to after comparing gay marriage to bestiality? That one?

ezduzit
Mar. 30, 2013, 04:03 PM
Why would you have never thought this? I think it's perfectly fine to have someplace, one sanctuary state, where we can have our way on the life of an unborn child. There's always the other 49 states for people who don't like this law.

There are some of us who believe that a child is a child from the moment of conception and that abortion is murder. Legally, women have the right to kill their unborn child in all states. North Dakota's law says not after a heart beat is heard. Why is that not enough?

ezduzit
Mar. 30, 2013, 04:09 PM
This is probably the best immigration reform that we could have. Mexico needs to take back its country, make it safe for their citizens and make it a place where Mexicans can improve their own lives.

Well, I heard on NPR some info. that ought to make it not so much of an issue. Mexico already has national health care and their economy is improving, so illegals are not so willing to come over here and do hard labor for $5 an hour. They can stay in Mexico and do so AND get health care, and all the people here complaining about immigrants taking all of the jobs can flock to the fields to fill the jobs that they will be leaving.

IdahoRider
Mar. 30, 2013, 04:11 PM
Being old and well-educated, I attribute this to the anti-intellectualism of the last 30 years, and maybe the TV-ification of information. No sustained argument, no value for people who are careful and contemplative in their politics, nothing communicated that can't fit into a sound bite (and therefore, no effective politics that are based on reason, but the quicker gut-reaction ideas you can fit into 15 seconds).

I agree. I have been calling it the Public Policy By Bumpersticker Syndrome. If it doesn't look good on a bumpersticker it isn't worth the effort.
Sheilah