PDA

View Full Version : NYC this weekend - restaurant/pizze recommendations?

nevertoolate
Mar. 29, 2013, 07:59 PM
DH and I are heading up to NYC tomorrow to celebrate our anniversary (27 years!). We're staying in Times Square and going to see Wicked on Sunday. Didn't realize it was Easter when we made our reservations! Anyone have any restaurant recommendations in that area? Don't mind spending some money on it, but not looking to take out a second mortgage either. ;) Also looking for pizza recommendations. I grew up in the Bronx but haven't lived there in 40 years...and still maintain that Louie and Ernie's in the Bronx has the best pizza ever. DH wants to try someplace else....but we will still end our trip with a Louie and Ernies pizza! Thanks!

AliCat
Mar. 29, 2013, 08:03 PM
If you are in Times Square, you could do John's Pizza.

It is decent quality, no slices.

Tha Ridge lives in the city and is quite the foodie if you want to shoot her a PM.

867-5309
Mar. 30, 2013, 03:05 PM
Shalel lounge, drinks dinner really secluded and unique. You can walk right by it and miss it. Underground grotto romantic not outrageously expensive, and cool! upper west side...... Pastis, for brunch meatpacking district on Easter go early!

pony baloney
Mar. 30, 2013, 11:26 PM
I second John's Pizza. It's right across from Phantom on 44th St. Really tasty and cheesy but their knives are pathetic. And restroom stalls are microscopic.

MyGiantPony
Mar. 30, 2013, 11:41 PM
Well, it's not in that area, but an easy subway ride - Rocco's in Tribecca if you are hungry for fantastic Italian at a really reasonable price. I'm in love with that place - everything is made fresh in house, except the bread, which they get from a great bakery. Service is fantastic. Portions are generous and they know how to pour a drink.

ako
Mar. 30, 2013, 11:49 PM
You might notice cops out in force Sunday in Times Square. That's to prevent any gang trouble after the car show at the Javits Center. The police have had a good handle on it in recent years.

NeedsAdvil
Mar. 31, 2013, 12:10 AM
Go to Hell's Kitchen, it's within walking distance and has awesome food choices. You won't get ripped off for mediocre food like you will in Times Square.

LoriO
Mar. 31, 2013, 12:12 AM
If you are in Times Square, you've got to go to Carnegie Deli! The best corned beef there is!!!!