PDA

View Full Version : The Queen Bee At Work

twotrudoc
Mar. 29, 2013, 05:24 PM
The Queen Bee, the female who is such an a$$ that when she gets promoted she spends all her time tearing down, back biting, and undermining anything else with a vagina she thinks may be a threat.

I have a wanna be one at work. I work for the Finance Dept, my boss is the Director, but I work at the Military sites for the college. The Military sites have a female assistant director who is just a d!ck (please excuse the language). She sucks at her job, she doesn't support or advocate for her people, she is always out of the office, she places blame, she tries to steal good ideas, she is just a d!ck.

I am sure you all can guess what a tizzy I throw her in to :)

She gossips about me to staff, who promptly tell me and my boss, she tries to undermine anything I say, she blames me for any issue she may have. Loser.

I really don't care, my boss (also female but competent and a good person to report to) is onto her, as are HR, and the union (she has received more union grievances than anyone else combined at work). The cool thing is, her staff tend to come to me for help, and since I am a "district supervisor" I help wherever possible, stepping on toes be darned. I honestly like her people, and they really like having a sup who will stick up for them or direct them to where they need to go if they have an issue.

I am really trying to take the high road, and so far so good. But, in all honesty, I would really like to take a pellet gun and bust a cap in her butt. Put a little spring in her step :yes:

sublimequine
Mar. 29, 2013, 05:41 PM
Been there, done that. Only the queen bee was my boss. I was at that job a grand total of one month before I ran screaming from the place.

ChocoMare
Mar. 29, 2013, 05:41 PM
Every company has at least one. As always, you are only responsible for your behavior. You stand firm in your integrity and let her do herself in... cuz, trust me (I'm an H.R. Manager), she will --- in due time ;)

twotrudoc
Mar. 29, 2013, 05:42 PM
Will do, will do :)

JanM
Mar. 29, 2013, 08:05 PM
It's almost worse when the wacky boss, has a BFF who is one of the staff, and that person gets away with doing nothing. Of course, the BFF is in that position because the boss is friendless except for the BFF, so she basically has to buy friendship.

MMacallister
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:15 PM
Thanks for reminding me why I work in a mostly male profession :D No advise, just sympathy.

BrookdaleBay
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:38 PM
I have one of those at work, only she isn't in a position above me. As far as I know, she doesn't say sh!t about me behind my back, but she's very good at making condescending remarks, undermining the things I say or do, and trying to act like my boss.

twotrudoc
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:39 PM
Jan, thankfully Bee doesn't have any friends. And you wonder why!

In all honesty, I tried. I tried to treat her with kindness and respect but she really just uses anything to gossip and undermine. I know she is very lonely but..at the rate she is going it's gonna be a long hard trip.

danceronice
Mar. 29, 2013, 10:01 PM
Thanks for reminding me why I work in a mostly male profession :D No advise, just sympathy.

Was going to say, one reason I prefer to work with men...have also not had good experiences with female supervisors in general (except at the zoo--we weren't all crazy, but it helped! Zoo people are different...) But is also avoids the weird socializing with intimacy levels I do not really understand but which groups of female coworkers seem to expect.

DancingArabian
Mar. 29, 2013, 11:23 PM
My workplace Queen Bee is my boss. She gossips and trash talks about people all day, comes in late, micromanages, interrupts people when they're on the phone, steps on toes, etc. She even wrote up my coworker because they got into an argument and she didn't want to be accused of harassmen. Sad thing is, she's the highest person at the branch so all of the other brass thinks she's just so awesome because they're never there to know any better.

JanM
Mar. 30, 2013, 11:25 AM
Two-the boss didn't have a friend except one employee, and when that person left she hired someone who's major qualification was that she was a major suck up. She's gone so far as to let the woman off work to go clothes shopping for the boss. Not kidding either. I'm so glad I left there.

ReSomething
Mar. 30, 2013, 11:43 AM
I have one of those at work, only she isn't in a position above me. As far as I know, she doesn't say sh!t about me behind my back, but she's very good at making condescending remarks, undermining the things I say or do, and trying to act like my boss.

By undermining do you mean working hard up to a point but making it clear she's only helping you out with yourduties? I have one of those. A master at the blank look and diversion when questioned about some critical task that we are as a group responsible for up to what they call cut off time. I've stood there when my boss has asked her a question, she's turned to me and asked for the reply and then repeated what I said, in front of the boss, back to the boss.

Plus she makes more by virtue of her job classification as FT and her DH has a good job so her conversations revolve around money, money, money - what she bought, what she spent, where she bought it . . . more power to her but I am watching every penny, it's hard to listen to.