PDA

View Full Version : Tack shops in Spain?

Nickelodian
Mar. 29, 2013, 05:56 PM
I am going to Spain at the beginning of May, last time I was in Europe I visited some lovely tackshops in Munich and Paris, and was hoping to find something similar in Spain.

Specifically I'd love to buy a pair of tall boots (Parlantis???) when I'm there. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'll be in Madrid and Barcelona as my two biggest cities.

Any suggestions??

golde lily
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:17 PM
Do not even waste your time looking. I went to Spain several years ago and searched all over even Barcelona for a cool tack shop to no avail. They do not carry goods geared towards hunters or jumpers. Now--if you wanted to outfit an Andalusian for a parade you might have better luck.

Danier
Mar. 29, 2013, 10:43 PM
http://www.elcaballo.com/
When I was in Spain on a riding vaca our guide took us here
It has some tack, good variety of boots tall and short and chaps, and a lot of really nice other leather goods; bags, purses, accessories, and jewelry
I don't remember exactly where it is, I was staying on Seville.
I'm sure you will be able to find something near you, and its definitely worth looking, they do jump over there too, and it is fun to see all the fancy baroque tack.

TarheelJD
Mar. 29, 2013, 11:29 PM
I went to this one in Madrid.

Equus Riding Shop, C/ Hilarion Eslava 32

It was alright, I bought a few small gift items. But with the weak US Dollar to the Euro there are really no bargains to be found.

Here is another one in Madrdid, but I did not visit it, so I don't know if it is any good:

Principal Ecuestre, C/ Ribera del A Loira 46

I did not have any luck finding a tack store in Barcelona.

Have a great trip, Spain is fabulous!

hunterrider23
Mar. 30, 2013, 02:08 AM
Fyi, the Euro's in pretty deep right now, so it's probably not that great of an exchange rate. I know it's currently god awful in Cypress, and if their banking system collapses, then the Euro is definitely on its way out. Germany can't bail everyone out forever.

Snowdenfarm
Mar. 30, 2013, 09:06 AM
I second El Caballo in Madrid. I got a gorgeous pair of polo!! boots there that I use on trails. Like the others, I found nothing in Barcelona.