PDA

View Full Version : If you could have any luxury, what would it be?

pony4me
Feb. 24, 2013, 08:48 PM
For me, it would be clean, freshly-changed sheets on the bed every night.

shalomypony
Feb. 24, 2013, 08:49 PM
money....lots of money. Ok....a housekeeper that can take care of the critters as well,so I could go away once in awhile.

Event4Life
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:03 PM
A fridge that doesn't sound like its about to murder someone every cycle and a huge soaking tub.

I dont think I ask for much! :-D :-D. lol!

Oh, and a small house on Wrightsville Beach. kthanksbye.

Rubyfree
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:10 PM
A constantly full gas tank.

yellowbritches
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:11 PM
Someone to do my laundry, fold it, and put it away.

Someone to decide what I need from the grocery store, then go buy it, and put it away.

tinydragon
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:11 PM
A horse. :lol:

If that doesn't count, the full gas tank is a good idea!

Hulk
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:14 PM
The lady on the Brady Bunch, I think her name was Alice. Yeah I want one of her.

magicteetango
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:14 PM
Cleaning lady, deep soak whirlpool tub! Personal chef!

ako
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:16 PM
1. A nice horse. (Got that.)
2. A horse property with a couple more four-legged types.

superD
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:19 PM
Money and life long happiness with no worries

alterhorse
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:19 PM
A virus that infects people that come near me with ethics, sanity, and common sense.

Mara
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:21 PM
Laundry service - pick up, wash, dry, fold and hang, and return. It's only me & my husband but we're both pretty active (he's a tennis coach so goes through several clothing changes daily) and it is unreal how much laundry two people can generate.

Oh - and a Jaguar XKR. :D

ManyDogs
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:22 PM
A semi-retired couple who will clean the house, feed us, do the laundry, do handyman stuff around the property, and one or both would be a certified masseuse.
They could live in a cottage on the estate :-) and have a generous amount of time off.

Judysmom
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:23 PM
I was going to say live in Cabana Boy - who also cleans the house and rubs feet and backs- but then I realized that would be really annoying.

Ooh, wait! I know what I really want! I want a driveway. My life would be soooo much better with one of those. Very luxurious in my neighborhood.

Bluey
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:27 PM
Since the clean sheets every evening is already taken, someone to drive for me once a week.
This way I can go places other than the edge of town and not dread driving so much when I have to go somewhere, because I can't see too good.

HighFlyinBey++
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:29 PM
Soundproof walls and a skylight that opens in my apartment

nickers@dawn
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:31 PM
Can you buy silence? One hour of uninterrupted silence a day. Heaven!

CHT
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:31 PM
I feel greedy, but i would want waterfront living and a sail boat.

katarine
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:32 PM
Personal trainer that cooks ;)

danceronice
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:34 PM
1. A housekeeper to do laundry, floors, windows, etc.

2. A personal chef to prep everything for healthy, tasty meals so all I have to do is cook them.

3. A really nice bathtub and a hot-water heater that can handle it.

csaper58
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:37 PM
health insurance, and good health so I never need it!

laskiblue
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:41 PM
This is an easy one for me -- custom-made bras and shoes. :lol: I'm a difficult fit for both.

Megaladon
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:53 PM
Masseuse and chef.

suz
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:54 PM
a perfect size ten body which stayed healthy, toned and fit no matter what. forever.

pony grandma
Feb. 24, 2013, 09:59 PM
A retirement.... that's not going to happen.

A vacation. Travel. Take my kids somewhere, never got to do that.

I'm with you on the fresh sheets, nice sheets, nice bed .... a friend of mine wants a fresh bar of soap :lol:

A nice house, never had one of those. Something comfy, with a mud room and good storage.

Help.

cowboymom
Feb. 24, 2013, 10:08 PM
I would take very very good health insurance for me and my family too.

You don't know how nice that is until you lose it...

Highflyer
Feb. 24, 2013, 10:17 PM
Zero calorie ice cream.

oldernewbie
Feb. 24, 2013, 10:49 PM
3 months dressage coaching every winter in FL with my favorite coach. Condo on the beach. All expenses paid. Husband with me. Plane tickets for my sons and parents and sisters so they can come down when they want for a visit.

Renn/aissance
Feb. 24, 2013, 10:51 PM
My own personal library. Note to Disney: this is why Belle got the best deal of all your fairytale adaptations.

furlong47
Feb. 24, 2013, 11:46 PM
Does it have to be realistic? :lol: I would love the ability to teleport to any place on Earth whenever I want. (And back, of course.)

nhwr
Feb. 24, 2013, 11:49 PM
Christopher Plummer for a butler, Hugh Jackman would be my pool boy.

JoZ
Feb. 25, 2013, 01:04 AM
A stall cleaner who is capable with the horses, totally trustworthy and reliable, requires no direction or supervision, has his or her own tools, and is never at the barn when I'm there.

rustbreeches
Feb. 25, 2013, 01:09 AM
At this point, either a chef or a car service for my children

LexInVA
Feb. 25, 2013, 01:23 AM
A beanbag chair. Don't hate.

LordWentworth
Feb. 25, 2013, 01:33 AM
I would also want a personal trainer that cooks but he would need to be hot and single as well :D

Horsegal984
Feb. 25, 2013, 01:41 AM
To wake up every morning pain free and fall asleep the same.

But to have some fun, I'll take the chef, masseuse and stable help to manage my personal farmette with an abundance of assorted 4 legged creatures.

ChocoMare
Mar. 29, 2013, 06:04 PM
A hot tub with someone to do the cleaning, chemical adjusting, etc. :D

Superminion
Mar. 29, 2013, 06:06 PM
A nanny.

Lady Eboshi
Mar. 29, 2013, 06:16 PM
Full-time help, indoors and out. Think "Downton Abbey." :D

LovelyBay
Mar. 29, 2013, 06:21 PM
You mean besides two horses? ;-)

kookicat
Mar. 29, 2013, 06:23 PM
I have everything I want or need right now, but if I'm dreaming- a private helicopter. It would cut my commute down so much and I wouldn't have to deal with the idiots on the road.

I'd love a heated/indoor pool too.

Not for me but a cure for RA. My Mum has it and it makes me so sad to see her suffering.

nolly
Mar. 29, 2013, 06:26 PM
1. A vineyard in napa valley with a covered arena
2. A massage everyday from a professional masseuse

AffirmedHope
Mar. 29, 2013, 06:56 PM
I want an Audi! And a Grand Prix horse. Plus the ability to actually ride it well. A housekeeper would be nice too.

LauraKY
Mar. 29, 2013, 06:59 PM
Delivery. Of anything I want. I'm happy to pay for it, just tired of driving from the sticks to get whatever it is that I want.

Mtn trails
Mar. 29, 2013, 07:02 PM
A really nice, new, top of the line 2 horse gooseneck HT with LQ for me exclusively for showing
A really nice, new, top of the line 4 horse gooseneck HT with LQ for horse camping
Two really nice, new, top of the line Dodge 3500s to haul above-mentioned luxury items.

A covered arena
A new barn
A new house

A yardman would be nice. I have a ton of yard work to do and DH is not interested.

and a maid.

HalfArabian
Mar. 29, 2013, 08:17 PM
Enough money so that there would be; "no worries" EVAH!:D

TheBandit
Mar. 29, 2013, 08:29 PM
A gourmet mudroom.

Heated floors, dog shower, commercial washer and dryer, room for crates, barn boots, wet horse blankets, kids winter clothing....

Fred
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:46 PM
a villa in Tuscany.
or the Italian Riviera
with a live in cook, housekeeper.
and a pool.

ahhhhhh

horseymum
Mar. 29, 2013, 09:49 PM
OOOhhh.....this sounds like fun, a personal trainer, a housekeeper and everything that TheBandit said :)

kathy s.
Mar. 29, 2013, 10:08 PM
1.) Move to an area that is drought free
2.) Hay
3.) Pool
4.) Hay
5.) Job where I can use my degrees (and wear shorts to work :D)

wcporter
Mar. 29, 2013, 10:14 PM
1. To be debt-free...forever.

2. A housekeeper that comes while I'm at work to clean my house, and do my laundry, fold it, and put it away.

3. Have my horse in my backyard :)

Bells
Mar. 29, 2013, 11:32 PM
Time to do what I want to do.

msj
Mar. 30, 2013, 10:09 AM
Does having a climate-controlled dome over my farm count? If so, that's what I want the most. :)

Now, if it doesn't, it's no big deal as I can usually bundle up enough to deal with winter cold and AC takes care of summer heat and humidity when we get it in western NY. :sigh:

But I'd really love a housekeeper that can clean, cook, and do the gardening. I love flowers but hate the maintenance involved, like weeding, mulching, planting, dividing perenials etc.

War Admiral
Mar. 30, 2013, 11:35 AM

:lol: Not hating at all. I had one as a teenager and I do NOT mind telling you that was the most comfortable chair I ever sat in! I doubt if I could use one now - bad knees - but I have very fond memories of mine.

I'm (hopefully!) about to close on a mini-farm so I guess the obvious answer would be, enough money to do everything to it that I want to do to it, but if I could only pick one thing, then FENCING. (And I wish I could figure out where the fences need to *go*, but that's another story for another time! :lol:)

King's Ransom
Mar. 30, 2013, 11:40 AM
I'd trade everything to have King back here, at age 12 or so!

LauraKY
Mar. 30, 2013, 11:46 AM

Me too...for my Bluey.

msj
Mar. 30, 2013, 01:33 PM

I would too if I could have Chester, Bones, and even Chocolate back. :sadsmile:

kateh
Mar. 30, 2013, 02:18 PM
A washer and dryer in my apartment. Laundromats suck, I end up compiling a mountain before I can motivate myself to spend 3 hours trapped in a hot, vaguely smelly, boring building with the lady who smells like a litterbox.

paulaedwina
Mar. 30, 2013, 02:25 PM
A fully-functional Data :D. But in the real world -a Nissan Titan quad cab, black, running boards, skid plate, tow package, leather.

In all fairness my friends did get me one for my birthday a few years ago http://www.flickr.com/photos/52967336@N00/3238555479/in/photostream

Paula

Larksmom
Mar. 30, 2013, 02:41 PM
I am with you on the fresh sheets. I would like to have the energy I had 30 years ago. Energy and enthusiasm, long gone....:cry:

JohnDeere
Mar. 30, 2013, 02:49 PM
A heated & cooled barn & riding arena.

JustABay
Mar. 30, 2013, 02:55 PM
To live pain free and to wake up feeling refreshed and restored every morning

A new car

My dream job making great money

janedoe726
Mar. 30, 2013, 03:21 PM
After daily fresh sheets, I would want someone to wash and brush my hair and massage my scalp.

Hony
Mar. 30, 2013, 03:39 PM
If I could have anything at all it would be a mom.

Not just any mom though. I'd want to have my mom and I'd want her catre to me like she did when I was a kid.
Laudry done
Room clean
Bed made
Meals cooked
Food in fridge/cupboards at all time
Driving to and from everywhere
A cheerleader just for me

Think of all the extra time a mom creates. Mom's are the greatest!

hb
Mar. 30, 2013, 04:26 PM
The funds to have my life pretty much as it is right now, but without needing a job to support it. And my own covered/indoor arena.

up-at-5
Mar. 30, 2013, 04:48 PM
I'd like, as others have posted, to wake up refreshed, and pain free every morning.
I'd like an indoor arena, and a farm with thousands of acres of pasture and hay.

IdahoRider
Mar. 30, 2013, 05:13 PM
I would totally have a personal assistant. Someone to do all the things I don't want to do.
Sheilah

SendenHorse
Mar. 30, 2013, 06:40 PM
To wake up every morning pain free and fall asleep the same.

But to have some fun, I'll take the chef, masseuse and stable help to manage my personal farmette with an abundance of assorted 4 legged creatures.

Meeee to! I have severe fibromyalgia. I would love to be healthy.

Also agree on the personal chef!

Mukluk
Mar. 31, 2013, 12:01 AM
I would be happy with enough money so I didn't have to work. First thing I would do is buy a nice truck and a trailer. Then horse property. And I would take lots of vacations, preferably with my horse!

Acertainsmile
Mar. 31, 2013, 12:07 AM
I need a live in maid, no joke...

Fluffie
Mar. 31, 2013, 12:16 AM
Free symphony tickets

A set of four timpani

Oh, and a 100% soundproofed apartment (or a house).

pony baloney
Mar. 31, 2013, 12:18 AM
The pain-free and firm body I had 25 years ago, and the wisdom to appreciate it.

A lifetime supply of Walker's shortbread cookies.

Unlimited supply of money.

A brain that remembers what I thought of 3 seconds ago. Getting old sucks.

lesyl
Mar. 31, 2013, 01:23 AM
Sleep - at least 8 hours of uninteruppted sleep on clean linen sheets.

vxf111
Mar. 31, 2013, 02:12 AM
I would love to have a housekeeper come in weekly or a couple of times a month. That would be super lovely!

Luseride
Mar. 31, 2013, 07:37 AM
A housekeeper that cooks, cleans, shops, and fusses at me when I need it. She needs to make fried apple pies in the winter and blackberry pie in the summer.

wendy
Mar. 31, 2013, 07:44 AM
I want a gourmet mud-room too. Plus a private island to live on.

I want a full staff of servants- a butler, a driver, several maids, a cook, and a housekeeper.

apprider
Mar. 31, 2013, 09:37 AM
I'd want my dad back. He knew so much and I miss be able to ask him questions.

katyb
Mar. 31, 2013, 10:16 AM

Can I send you one? I would so love to give someone their luxury, and that one is EASY!

I need an aunt and uncle for the niece and nephew we are now raising. They have nobody to take them, and I need a break. REALLY need a break. My kids have always had friends that I could impose upon, so this tied down with no options thing is new and awful for us.

Jeito
Mar. 31, 2013, 10:22 AM
A massage therapist who works on me after the personal trainer makes me hurt.

BEARCAT
Mar. 31, 2013, 10:24 AM
A Lusitano

snbess
Mar. 31, 2013, 10:26 AM
A plowed driveway by the time I need to leave/arrive at the house in winter.

A weeded garden in summer.

PolymerChem
Mar. 31, 2013, 10:26 AM
Unrealistically... enough money that I didn't have to worry and could afford my own, small (1000-1200 sqft) house with a garage and a little garden and new things instead of old, "preowned" housewares and clothes.

Realistically... a hot water heater than could always supply hot water.

Well, okay, I live in an apartment so that's still not realistic either. How about a place where rent doesn't increase by $30-50/month every year without having to go back to a place where my neighbors got in fights in the hallway. Seriously, though, I'd love hot water that I could have and use whenever I wanted.

Louise
Mar. 31, 2013, 11:21 AM
Complete yard maintenance and a housekeeping service every two weeks.

mojo7777
Mar. 31, 2013, 12:49 PM
A housekeeper to take care of all the domestic stuff, leaving me time to attend to my dream farm.

sunridge1
Mar. 31, 2013, 12:51 PM
All that is needed to be off grid and self-sustaining.

luvmytbs
Mar. 31, 2013, 01:07 PM
Right now I would be happy for someone to come in and de-clutter and clean my house top to bottom just once. ;)

BLBGP
Mar. 31, 2013, 02:04 PM
Delivery. Of anything I want. I'm happy to pay for it, just tired of driving from the sticks to get whatever it is that I want.

That's called Amazon Prime. Totally worth it, and delivers almost anything in 2 days or less with no shipping charge.

minnie
Mar. 31, 2013, 03:48 PM
The one and only luxury I could wish for is to have my husband back. Anything else in this life would just be icing.

lovey1121
Mar. 31, 2013, 04:18 PM
Another horse. Working on it, but he'll have huge shoes to fill if/when I do.

pandorasboxx
Apr. 3, 2013, 12:40 AM
A custom designed Gulf Stream V with crew always on standby.

shezabrazenmare
Apr. 3, 2013, 07:18 AM
Assuming that I had my health and lots of money, after buying a farm, I'd buy a lot of expensive TB mares. For riding, not for breeding.

Rabbit351w
Apr. 3, 2013, 07:42 PM
Someone to wash my hair. Ooo that feels niiiiiiiiiice :)

microbovine
Apr. 3, 2013, 07:56 PM
A stablehand.

J-Lu
Apr. 3, 2013, 08:59 PM
An outdoor private hot tub with a view of the sky, preferably draining into an inground pool, and a deep-tissue masseuse who comes at least once daily. At least I'd be happy and loose when I confronted the rest of life's issues!!!

lovey1121
Apr. 3, 2013, 09:04 PM
A washing machine and dryer on my second floor. Or maybe no second floor.

lovey1121
Apr. 3, 2013, 09:05 PM
The one and only luxury I could wish for is to have my husband back. Anything else in this life would just be icing.

Aww, Minnie....hugs. I cannot even imagine that and would surely feel the same.

DancingArabian
Apr. 3, 2013, 09:19 PM
Just ONE?

A 200' x 200' indoor arena would be my number one.

A housekeeper who grocery shops, cleans and does laundry.
A personal chef
My own farm complete with indoor and outdoor riding arenas, trails, crops, an orchard, farm equipment and sexy farmhands.

Foxtrot's
Apr. 3, 2013, 09:27 PM
I don't need anyTHING - got most of what I need, although an upgrade or two would be nice.

What I really want I cannot have, so that sucks.

ReSomething
Apr. 3, 2013, 09:34 PM
I'm sorry Minnie. I'd like my mom to have her health back and be able to walk and play golf and visit again. But I don't think that will happen.

For something silly? A beefy, smart stablehand that can do the books too.

fordtraktor
Apr. 3, 2013, 10:29 PM
A huge, well-lit indoor with really nice footing.

Totally new top of the line fencing on the whole farm to my redesign of the pastures, including a perimeter fence with lovely auto gate that never breaks. In Heaven, all fences will self-weed-eat.

crosscreeksh
Apr. 3, 2013, 10:39 PM
A GREAT big, fat bank balance...and a horse farm in a warmer, sandy soil, area near nice "English", H/J/foxhunting horse activities!! Gotta take your best shot when you're wishing!!!

PalominoMorgan
Apr. 4, 2013, 11:20 AM
If it doesn't have to be plausible I would like to be able to have my mom back and have her live a long, healthy life.

If it has to be possible then I would take a massage therapist here every night as I am ready to go to bed for the night. Massage.... sleep. Heavenly.

RxCate
Apr. 4, 2013, 11:32 AM
I see a lot of people asking for personal chef's - Is it a cost factor that thwarts you from trying one out? What would make you want to hire one?

I only ask because in trying to find my husband a life-long job that he'd enjoy, (we're in our late twenties), this is one of the things that has been suggested. He is a whiz in the kitchen and is so meticulous in how he does things, that everything turns out wonderful. His scones have become hot commodities around our neighborhood!

We just never knew really how to get into the business and how much actual "business" there would be if we did.

ybiaw
Apr. 4, 2013, 11:37 AM
A housekeeper who also does laundry and cooks. And will walk the dog mid-day while I'm at work.

And free car washes whenever I want them, including interior detail and vacuuming.

But mostly someone to fold my laundry for me and to clean my bathrooms. And dust. And vacuum. And make me dinner.

Basically, I want my mommy.

ybiaw
Apr. 4, 2013, 11:40 AM
A washing machine and dryer on my second floor. Or maybe no second floor.

I had 2nd floor laundry in my house in Chicago - it's the BEST. THING. EVER.

SarahandSam
Apr. 4, 2013, 12:01 PM
An outdoor hot tub. All I've wanted for years. We almost bought a really super tiny house just because it had a fabulous backyard deck with a hot tub and koi pond and waterfall. If winter didn't last for 10 months of the year here (apparently) I still think it would have been worth it...

2DogsFarm
Apr. 4, 2013, 12:40 PM
I had 2nd floor laundry in my house in Chicago - it's the BEST. THING. EVER.

I see your 2nd floor laundry & raise you one basement-level laundry reached through the walk-in closet of the basement-level MBR.
Clothes went from hampers in the closet to laundry then right back to the closet.
No piles of folded clothes. EVER! :winkgrin:
Extra Bonus Points:
Closet could be accessed from MBR or MBA.
12X16 MBA - I truly miss having a bathroom that huge.

My vote for luxury would be a landscaper.
I don't mind puttering about in my gardens, but keeping up with the weeding/feeding/planting/replanting/endless maintenance I could easily give up to a pro.

Diamondindykin
Apr. 4, 2013, 01:12 PM
Retirement at 44!! :yes:

A professional massage and facial every week!

ezduzit
Apr. 4, 2013, 01:21 PM
Nothing stopping you from this luxury.

Mine would be more along the lines of indoor riding arena. $$$ is stopping me.

For me, it would be clean, freshly-changed sheets on the bed every night.

ezduzit
Apr. 4, 2013, 01:24 PM
The only part of that that we have is the sandy soil. And you are right...it is wonderful!! Puddles drain away within an hour and it's nice and soft, not wet and slippery.

A GREAT big, fat bank balance...and a horse farm in a warmer, sandy soil, area near nice "English", H/J/foxhunting horse activities!! Gotta take your best shot when you're wishing!!!

MandyVA
Apr. 4, 2013, 03:35 PM
I really want a chauffeur. I hate driving.

tazz001
Apr. 4, 2013, 04:24 PM
To be a teenager again with the knowledge I currently have. it would change my life!!

SimpsoMatt
Apr. 4, 2013, 04:30 PM
Beachfront house with a couple of magical horses that need no care

Jaideux
Apr. 4, 2013, 04:32 PM
A massage every day. And the option to do chiro instead every now and then :)

FineAlready
Apr. 4, 2013, 04:55 PM
Does it have to be realistic? :lol: I would love the ability to teleport to any place on Earth whenever I want. (And back, of course.)

You have no idea how long I have coveted a teleportation machine! This was especially true when I was boarding my horse more than an hour away from my house and work (which is itself an hour from my house...I called my home/barn/work situation the "triangle of death" at the time).

Failing that, and excluding the obvious luxury of owning multiple very nice horses without having to work to pay for them (that's my number one choice!), I think I would like someone to clean my house. I think I would feel much more relaxed if my house were cleaner, but it is very hard to find time to do it. Whenever I am home, I'm typically sleeping!

AbbieS
Apr. 4, 2013, 04:59 PM
On the (relatively) plausible side: an indestructible, non-gas needing custom Audi R8
Enough money to pay off my future college tuition, all my family's payments and to have a safety net after college to get myself established.

On the less plausible side: The power to stop time so I can get everything done that I don't enjoy and then have the entire day to do what I like to do

FourFaults
Apr. 4, 2013, 05:03 PM
Hmmm...on the for others side - health and pain free lives for all my friends and family and lots of money so I could spoil them.

For fun - someone to blow dry my hair and style it every morning! I'd also take a masseuse and a personal chef!

To the poster that asked why - b/c I can't cook! I can do the bare minimum stuff, but cooking in general evades me and stresses me out. My poor bf does end up doing the most of it and that's not fair so it would be so luxurious to come home and have dinner ready for us. Rather than us sit there and say "What do you want?" "I don't know, what do you want?" for about 2 hrs until either we eat after 8 or we have toast LOL!

FF

rmh_rider
Apr. 4, 2013, 05:07 PM
No grey hair.

Gee from reading this thread, heck I would LOVE to be any of your chef's. It comes natural to me.

Yeah I got stuff cookin right now. SOUP! vegge and broc soup. BOTH very healthy. I am really conscious of that.

Mumsie
Apr. 4, 2013, 05:30 PM
An unlimited bank balance with a debit card. I can take it from there. :)

For those wishing for stable help...no horse crazy teenage girls around you? For lessons or ride time maybe you can find a girl and teach her how to do the chores...? That's how I learned as a horse crazy pre teen back in the Stone Age. Found a stable that would give me ride time in exchange for stall cleaning. Worked my way up to grooming and exercising, learned how to ride, train, teach and manage a barn. Now preparing to offer quarantine for auction horses at my place with the help of a couple of young girls in the neighborhood. Have been teaching one of them to ride in exchange for stall cleaning...the cycle repeats. :)

hastyreply
Apr. 4, 2013, 05:39 PM
Chauffeur, house keeper would be really nice. I hate driving. A personal trainer would also be great. I live in the boonies not near gyms plus DH frowns upon running back and forth to town for frivolous things.

maigenesis
Apr. 4, 2013, 08:51 PM
I'd like for our house to be paid off... then I would be able to buy a horse and have a gardener with the money we don't have to pay every month.

Other than that...to buy the amazing triathlon bike that I am borrowing.

bits619
Apr. 4, 2013, 09:13 PM
Aaaahhhh all of these sound so lovely!

-The ability and freedom to go on more vacations (without worrying about how to pay for them, or losing my job because of # of days off!)

-Someone to come to my house and blow dry my hair straight once a month... or once a week.

-A cleaning crew seems WAY too obvious to even mention it but mygosh... please.

-On that note, a de-clutter-er/professional organizer person to come in and be like, "OK, Bits, reality check!"

-Someone to keep up with my car maintenance, and take it in for me when needed. Oh and also, someone to go out to my car each evening and clean out all the daily crap that accumulates without me even being aware. You'd think I'd be able to complete such a task for more than three days in a row... but it is impossible. Apparently.

ybiaw
Apr. 4, 2013, 09:27 PM
-Someone to come to my house and blow dry my hair straight once a month... or once a week.

OMG...my next door neighbors are hairdressers and every now and then I just go knock on their door, point to my head, and say "HELP." It's amazing.

RxCate
Apr. 4, 2013, 09:37 PM
Okay, anytime any of you get serious about wanting a personal chef.. drop me a line. Seriously.

As for my wants :

- A nice, 200 acre spread to build a great compound w/ horse farm for my and DH's family.

- As someone else said, a limitless debit card.

- A nice chunk of change to start a trust/college fund for my 2mos old son.

- My hospital bills to be paid off early from birthing said son (just a couple more months though and they'll be gone!)

- DH to get a job that he actually loves and allows him to be home with us more often

Guin
Apr. 4, 2013, 09:42 PM
I want a kitchen with two dishwashers. One for clean dishes; when they get dirty, they go right into the second dishwasher. NO unloading the single dishwasher and putting everything in cabinets when you have to take it right back out again!

Also, a garage connected directly to my house so I don't have to haul in groceries in the rain and snow, and a porch over my front door so my mail and packages don't get soaked when it rains.

Angela Freda
Apr. 4, 2013, 09:44 PM
Someone to wash and blow dry my hair every day.
This mop has serious issues, and is a whole lotta' work.

Candle
Apr. 4, 2013, 09:57 PM
I want the body I had when I was 15. Barring that, I'd love (in no particular order):
A breast reduction
A chef
A moist towel warmer like in a spa and someone to drape me in hot towels every morning
Someone to fold and hang my laundry exactly how I like it. I love washing and drying it, but not folding/hanging it. They would have to color-coordinate my closet and know my nice tank tops from my barn ones and separate accordingly

Candle
Apr. 4, 2013, 09:58 PM
I want the body I had when I was 15. Barring that, I'd love (in no particular order):
A breast reduction
A chef
A moist towel warmer like in a spa and someone to drape me in hot towels every morning
Someone to fold and hang my laundry exactly how I like it. I love washing and drying it, but not folding/hanging it. They would have to color-coordinate my closet and know my nice tank tops from my barn ones and separate accordingly

cowgirljenn
Apr. 4, 2013, 10:43 PM
Since the clean sheets every evening is already taken, someone to drive for me once a week.
This way I can go places other than the edge of town and not dread driving so much when I have to go somewhere, because I can't see too good.

I was going to say a house-cleaner, and then I saw your post. I want someone to drive me places, whenever I want to go and to stay as long as I want. (So that's NOT DH taking me shopping and being ready to leave 10 minutes after we get there!)