PDA

View Full Version : Possible car shopping help

PhoenixFarm
Feb. 23, 2013, 01:25 PM
So in the next year we might be looking at replacing our. 2005 Prius with 100,000 miles on it. We love this car passionately, but as we've started to think about it, it's a bit small for those occasions when our family of 2 adults, 3yo human child with giant car seat and 80lb family dog wish to go somewhere. But we're addicted to the 43 mpg. Any thoughts--must have a hatch back?

ReSomething
Feb. 23, 2013, 01:51 PM
I spent a month driving my mom's Prius - the model with that funny window in the hatch. I thought it was plenty roomy and the visiblity was excellent. I toted DD and her two teen friends plus junk to the beach and the movies and bought groceries, went clothes shopping etc. At home I have a '97 Camry and I'd say the Prius was pretty close in interior space.
Supposedly there are Prius A and C body styles that are even larger if you buy new.

My coworker bought a hybrid Camry the other day, I test drove a 2007 Camry while mine was in the shop and didn't care for it, liked mom's Prius much more, the coworker was shopping for the Prius but had employee incentives that made the Camry a better deal.

JanM
Feb. 23, 2013, 02:04 PM
Prius V-more cargo space, same mileage, and most important of all, cute colors. The current models all come with backup cameras too.