PDA

View Full Version : Mommy! Give me your money or I'll sue!

Brookes
Feb. 23, 2013, 10:14 AM
So this genius thinks he can sue his parents to float him a loan to start a business. He is 32 years old! I think he needs to get off his lazy ass and apply for a business loan through the proper channels! He is actually suing his folks for the cash! Unreal! What a loser!

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/homeless-man-sues-parents-article-1.1269358

LexInVA
Feb. 23, 2013, 10:19 AM
That's ABM syndrome right there. I see it a lot living in the DC area.

GaitedGloryRider
Feb. 23, 2013, 10:19 AM
What a classy guy.

Renn/aissance
Feb. 23, 2013, 10:20 AM
How is he thinking this is going to go?

randomequine
Feb. 23, 2013, 10:22 AM
Lord help us.

You can't borrow your way out of poverty kiddo. You know all those 'rags to riches' success stories? Those people didn't force others to give them money.....they worked hard and earned what they deserved!

I fear for the future.

GaitedGloryRider
Feb. 23, 2013, 10:33 AM
How is he thinking this is going to go?

Probably thinks the lawyers and the judge and the general public will see what big mean poopy-pants his parents are. They'll see what a smart, resourceful and fantastic person he is. They'll see how his parents have persecuted him, held him back and forced him into a life of poverty by not supporting him, and how they've humiliated him by forcing him to have to sue them. Then they'll make his big mean poopy-pants parents pay big time! They'll give him barrels of money!

I'm guessing that's how he thinks it will go.

LauraKY
Feb. 23, 2013, 10:49 AM
What kind of lawyer takes a case like this? And why does our legal system allow it?

ETA: I take it back, I see he's representing himself. The man needs some mental health intervention.

JanM
Feb. 23, 2013, 10:57 AM
The kind of lawyer who takes a case like this is one who is getting money up front, and will get a huge payment of legal fees, and if the case is in Mr. Poopy Pants favor, then he or she will get most of it from fees.

And the attorney already has their name in every paper and on every news channel in the country, and possibly overseas. You can't buy publicity like that.

Hulk
Feb. 23, 2013, 10:57 AM
What kind of lawyer takes a case like this? And why does our legal system allow it?

This is what I am sick of. There should be a fine for bullcrap cases like this.

LauraKY
Feb. 23, 2013, 10:58 AM
This is what I am sick of. There should be a fine for bullcrap cases like this.

I should have read the article first. He's representing himself. Sounds like he needs a mental health intervention.

SherlocksPonies
Feb. 23, 2013, 10:59 AM
He should be ashamed of himself (as should the lawyer!). I am so tired of these middle aged babies. Criminy, I think about my grandparents, my parents, even myself...I have been out on my own since age 16 and I am now 60...NEVER would have even thought of something like this let alone sue for it.

Gads, someone needs to give this guy a REALITY check!

Hulk
Feb. 23, 2013, 11:07 AM
Well I wish someone would do mental intervention on these people.

Brookes
Feb. 23, 2013, 11:13 AM
I hope that the judge laughs his sorry butt out of the courtroom. If by some bizarre chance he wins; can you imagine the precedent this would set. Young adults all over the country suing their folks. I want my money now! Waah! I don't want to wait for Mommy and Daddy to die, gimme gimme!

I can just see some goofball judge deciding in his favor!

When you become 18 kid you are no longer your parent's financial problem. Maybe your parents will help you out, maybe not. Time to grow up and get a real job, not a make believe rapper wannabe. Good lord is this our future for the country? What a dipweed!!

Janet
Feb. 23, 2013, 11:22 AM
Maybe he has been listening to politicians.

Wasn't there a prominent politician who recently suggested that, on graduating from college, you should borrow money from your parents to start a business?

Mickey the Marcher
Feb. 23, 2013, 11:27 AM
Maybe he has been listening to politicians.

Wasn't there a prominent politician who recently suggested that, on graduating from college, you should borrow money from your parents to start a business?

Nice one!
:lol:

SherlocksPonies
Feb. 23, 2013, 11:31 AM
My parents would have laughed in my face if I had gone to them to beg for money to start a business! Besides, it NEVER would have occurred to me to consider them my "bank/loan company"!

Serious question...what has happened to the people with drive, determination, creativity, vision, goals and discipline to take care of themselves, a family, and make a way in life...ie, an ADULT? Is everyone stuck in the teenage mindset?

Wow. As mentioned here, even the politicians think you should go bum money from your parents...anyone EVER thought to ask the question where and how THEY (the parents being begged for money) got that money? Hmmm, likely scenario is THEY WORKED FOR IT.

LauraKY
Feb. 23, 2013, 11:36 AM
Read the article...it sure sounds like he's suffering from mental illness. The parent's don't HAVE the money, they would have to take out a mortgage on a home in order to give him the money. He's not entitled, he's crazy.

happymom
Feb. 23, 2013, 11:39 AM
Others sites have different slants. Yep, he has issues.

cranky
Feb. 23, 2013, 11:40 AM
I love the delusions of grandeur too, "Aspiring record mogul". Indeed. How about starting with a J-O-B?

fordtraktor
Feb. 23, 2013, 11:43 AM
I wouldn't take it too seriously -- probably rooted in mental illness/delusion. The legal system is not the way to deal with this kind of plaintiff, and most judges are kinder to pro se plaintiffs off their rocker than they are to incompetent attorneys -- but they still get shown the door. After which the plaintiff has about a 50/50 chance of filing a suit alleging the judge should be impeached for gross miscarriage of justice, being in the pockets of a vast Wall Street + alien conspiracy, etc.

Toadie's mom
Feb. 23, 2013, 12:46 PM
I love the delusions of grandeur too, "Aspiring record mogul". Indeed. How about starting with a J-O-B?

I didn't click on the article. Is he an aspiring record mogul for rap "artists" perhaps?:lol:

Toadie's mom
Feb. 23, 2013, 12:52 PM
woops dupe.

JanM
Feb. 23, 2013, 02:29 PM
There was a man on Hoarders (not sure which one, but I think the TLC version), who was in his 60's and thinks he'll be discovered as a rock star. He's sponging off of his 90+ year old mother, and hoarding her house full while waiting to be discovered. Apparently, the real spongers never grow up and get a clue.

LauraKY
Feb. 23, 2013, 03:34 PM
There was a man on Hoarders (not sure which one, but I think the TLC version), who was in his 60's and thinks he'll be discovered as a rock star. He's sponging off of his 90+ year old mother, and hoarding her house full while waiting to be discovered. Apparently, the real spongers never grow up and get a clue.

Because they're mentally ill. Sheesh.

ReSomething
Feb. 23, 2013, 03:38 PM
If I were his parent I'd give all my money to a pet rescue.

Miss J
Feb. 23, 2013, 05:26 PM
If only this dude put as much energy into his 'real life' as he did with this lawsuit, he has the potential to go somewhere. What.a.tool.

JanM
Feb. 23, 2013, 06:31 PM
Laura-I was actually referring to the fact he thinks he and the band (yes, still has a band) are seconds away from being discovered. The Rolling Stones can record and do well in their 60's, but I don't think the Hoarders guy is going to be famous except for endangering his mother. Of course, mommy should have put her foot down a long time ago, before she was in her 90's and surrounded by piles of stuff ready to fall on her.

I second the leave everything to charity idea. And I do understand that he's representing himself, but I bet there'll be some other paid help somewhere. I know he's troubled, but suing for money to start a business as a music mogul is just wild.

JSwan
Feb. 23, 2013, 06:47 PM
The problem with these types of suits is that the defendant still has to defend himself. Which usually means retaining counsel, or at least consulting counsel and obtaining some help on an hourly basis.

This is not a victimless problem. I don't care if the guy is mentally ill or not - it doesn't excuse what he and others like him do to their victims. It's not just a pecuniary loss - these people become objects of curiosity, derision, and ridicule quite often.