PDA

View Full Version : Holy Innapropriate Videos!

twotrudoc
Feb. 22, 2013, 10:02 PM
I have a staff member, he is my Super Special Snowflake. He has a lot (I mean seriously a lot!) of wonderful potential but he also has some huge gaping areas of opportunity. Like coming to work on time (a few minutes late has turned into 2 hours twice in a week), like arguing about everything, and also passing blame onto others. He even wrote a nasty email about me to my boss and to HR stating that I was creating a "hostile work environment" and that I was "bullying" him. Why? Well, he overcharged a students account and overdrew her checking account by about $400. When I reminded him to verify amounts, etc., he argued and argued and went on and on about how my perception is valid but not the truth, etc. I finally cut him off and said we would have a further discussion with the aid of HR. So he wrote his little nasty note :) Now, everyone knew what it was but still. A very, very Super Special Snowflake.

Anyhoo, around the same time, a female in another department accused him of sexual harassment.

We had a staff meeting last Friday, we alternate who leads the majority of the time between staff so everyone has a chance to do something fun and leadership oriented (My peer, my boss, and I go over housekeeping at the start for a few minutes). It was Super Special Snowflakes turn!

He did it on "Customer Service", had a 5 minute spiel and wanted to show a video. The video would not play so we agreed to watch it after he sent it to my boss (she is the Director). He did send it on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.

Please enjoy the 1.10 minutes of what my Super Special Snowflake considers to be a good team building and educational video for customer service in a professional environment.

*turn your speakers way down, not safe for work or little ears*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljKZp2QMyow

I apologized on his behalf and praised my boss on her exceptionally well written email response to him.

*sigh*

MMacallister
Feb. 22, 2013, 10:21 PM
Can we please read the email response :D It will only be for educational purposes for those who have to deal with special snowflakes, or will have to.

BLBGP
Feb. 22, 2013, 10:25 PM
Why hasn't he been separated from the company yet?!

paulaedwina
Feb. 22, 2013, 10:26 PM
The comments on that video were outstanding! Should I jump in and help the....person? Nah, I'll just video it :lol: Oh lord, I can't breathe!

Paula

Alagirl
Feb. 22, 2013, 10:30 PM
does that mean he wants you to kick is bee-hind? :lol::lol::lol:

Fourbeats
Feb. 22, 2013, 10:30 PM
I am totally speechless! Please tell us what your boss said, don't leave us hanging like this.

twotrudoc
Feb. 22, 2013, 10:34 PM
This is a Union job, while my department has a high success rate of separating bad employees, it takes a lot of time. And, when an employee messes up this dang much you have to pick and choose what you write up for or the Union accuses management of intentionally targeting or picking on them.

The email--->

Good Morning

Due to the violent nature of this video, as well as the profanity, it would be inappropriate for me to approve this video to be seen by our staff.

If you could find another video that makes the same communicatory point you wanted to achieve in a more succinct and less violent way, I would be more than happy to review it and then forward it on to staff.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Boss

So he writes back----->

Good morning Boss,

I agree. When I saw the video it showed me how things can suddenly escalate. I think, I hope everyone got the gist of emotional intelligence. Have wonderful day.
Respectfully,

Super Special Snowflake

Ummm yeah.

Alagirl
Feb. 22, 2013, 11:57 PM
emotional intelligence...
flying fruit bat... what in the name of dog is that? :lol:

rustbreeches
Feb. 23, 2013, 12:58 AM
Was he hitting her with a spatula? I thought my mom was the only person that used spatulas for corporal punishment.

I would hide all the spatulas in the office kitchen if I were you, the video might have been a warning

Alagirl
Feb. 23, 2013, 01:05 AM
Was he hitting her with a spatula? I thought my mom was the only person that used spatulas for corporal punishment.

I would hide all the spatulas in the office kitchen if I were you, the video might have been a warning

or a suggestion.... :winkgrin:

eponacowgirl
Feb. 23, 2013, 02:01 AM
Woah.

mvp
Feb. 23, 2013, 02:04 AM
No offense to boss, but "communicatory point"? Is communicatory a word, and a non-redundant one in its context?

Also, the modern word for firing is "separating from the company"? Just trying to keep up with the time.

Bells
Feb. 23, 2013, 06:41 PM
No offense to boss, but "communicatory point"? Is communicatory a word, and a non-redundant one in its context?

Also, the modern word for firing is "separating from the company"? Just trying to keep up with the time.

Check dictionary.com. You will find that she used communicatory point correctly.

2bayboys
Feb. 23, 2013, 06:55 PM

Yes, nobody is ever fired at my organization. They are either voluntarily or involuntarily separated. Of course some of those who are voluntarily separated might argue they chose to do so solely to avoid the involuntary variety. :D

Long Spot
Feb. 23, 2013, 07:04 PM
The comments on that video were outstanding! Should I jump in and help the....person? Nah, I'll just video it :lol: Oh lord, I can't breathe!

Paula

I think my favorite part is early when the camera gets a little shaky, and then you hear the video taker slurping away on their straw.

twotrudoc
Feb. 23, 2013, 07:32 PM
HAHAHAH!!!!!!! Mine too. I gotta tell you, I about pooped my pants when I saw that video for the first time and thought of the immediate union grievances from two other staff who are known to complain at the drop of a hat. Sheeesh!

I do not understand how this guy comes to the decisions he does. He talks a super big talk but it's all show no go!