PDA

View Full Version : uggggggghhhhhh the neighbor.

Tiffany01
Feb. 22, 2013, 04:21 PM
to whomever lives in an apt. then ya know where im coming from :D.

This neighbor's son is always coming in and kocking and talking loudly that I can hear him though my apt walls even with the tv on.

Pookah
Feb. 22, 2013, 08:37 PM
Ugh, I do. Except for that I get both sides - I live on the 2nd floor, below a girl who is insanely annoying - seems to be incapable of closing a door without slamming it, uses the metal fire escape all the time, stomps around in heels, etc. Meanwhile, the people below me are possibly the quietest people on earth, and because of opposite work schedules at least one of them is sleeping for 12 hours a day. And they have insanely unreasonable standards for what sort of noise bothers them, and complain about my dog on a weekly basis. Said dog is a Great Dane, so yes, she is big, but I think half of the problem is that they see a big dog and in their heads think she must be noisy. The thing is, she is a 5 year old Dane. If you've ever met one, you'll know that she sleeps for approximately 23 hours a day. So if you occasionally hear her walking from the couch to her bed, I just don't think it's that unreasonable. (I realize it sounds like I am just completely unaware of how loud it is downstairs, but I've lived here 6 1/2 years and these are the first neighbors that have been a problem, so I'm pretty sure it's not me).

Really though, I love living in an apartment and having neighbors close by. Most of the time :-).

ddashaq
Feb. 22, 2013, 09:28 PM
I was never bothered by noisy apartment neighbors or crying babies which I think comes from growing up in an extremely loud family with brothers who are 12 and 16 years younger than I am. If I wanted to sleep in on the weekends, I had to sleep through all kinds of ruckus. The good news is that I can sleep through fierce thunderstorms and the like. The bad is that I also sleep through the sad excuse for tornado sirens in this state!

furlong47
Feb. 22, 2013, 09:32 PM
Well, the ladies across the hall play the TV so loud that I can tell exactly what they are watching when I am standing there unlocking my door :lol: and our kitchen/bathroom walls are shared so sometimes I hear it inside too. I think they are hard of hearing though, and they don't watch it at night. You need to move into apartments with a bunch of retired people. Everyone else here goes to bed at about 8:30 PM.