PDA

View Full Version : Jodi Arias Trial

jetsmom
Feb. 22, 2013, 03:53 PM
Anyone else following this? What do you think?

Something eerie, is that in the picture of Travis, taken in the shower right before his murder (As in 2 min later he was dead), you can look at his right pupil and see his killer reflected in the pupil. I almost think it looks like fear/sadness on his face. I wonder if she had the gun pointed at him then.. He had told his friends that if something happened to him and he ended up dead, to look at Jodi.

EponaRoan
Feb. 22, 2013, 04:14 PM
It's local, so I've been sort of following it. Takes some rage to kill another person the way she killed him. Whether he was coming after her or not and she just happened to remember where his gun was even if she couldn't remember the rest of the details, welllll ....

JanM
Feb. 22, 2013, 04:28 PM
I think she's a total sociopath, and if she gets anything less than life without parole, then she'll do it again. If you're afraid of someone you don't murder them and dismember them.

CVPeg
Feb. 22, 2013, 07:06 PM
I've listened occasionally as it's on HLN on Sirius Radio so have listened while on the road. She is really a piece of work! Actually, yes, very intelligent, and at first the details were almost fascinating the specifics she could remember. Then her story just got tiring, like a soap opera, and now when she gets to the big day, she can't remember a thing?!?

The phone recordings, and her being so totally self-absorbed, and lying at the onset - she's a narcissistic killer.

Although I thought the prosecutor had his case handed to him on a platter, but yesterday his snotty attitude and constant repetitiveness got tiring as well. What a waste of time. If I was a juror - I'd be really annoyed about all the time this is taking.

Toadie's mom
Feb. 22, 2013, 08:49 PM
She's a manipulative sociopath (or is that redundant?) I didn't get to see any of her testimony on TV, but before that I thought her "mirroring" her attorney was really bizarre. She changed her facial appearance (hair, glasses, and her clothes) early on to match her attorney. Then she started acting like her. Gestures, expressions, etc. It was really weird.

EponaRoan
Feb. 22, 2013, 09:03 PM
Granted the guy sounded like a total douchebag/slimeball. But did that warrant killing him? Nope, just break it off. Otherwise there would be a lot of dead players out there.

They did a blurb on one of the local stations talking to some other women in her pod in jail who just LOVED her and didn't think she'd done it deliberately. So she is very convincing to a variety of people.

JanM
Feb. 22, 2013, 10:14 PM
Did anyone besides the defendant say the murder victim was like that? I think most of the bad things I've heard about him have been from the defendant, and not from other people.

Gestalt
Feb. 22, 2013, 10:57 PM
At first I was fascinated by the sheer craziness of them both, now I can't stand listening to it. And I never want to be a juror and have to hear that much information about someone's sex life. Blech

jetsmom
Feb. 23, 2013, 02:21 AM
Did anyone besides the defendant say the murder victim was like that? I think most of the bad things I've heard about him have been from the defendant, and not from other people.

No one has ever seen him abuse anyone. She never filed any reports or told parents, or even put anything in her journal indicating he was abusive. I personally think the kinky sex was consensual, and her stories are just to try to make him look bad. I hope she is convicted and gets the DP. She's a waste of oxygen.

JanM
Feb. 23, 2013, 12:34 PM
Thanks Jetsmom! And if you want to see someone turn purple with rage over this case, when HLN has a Nancy Grace special (I think they're usually on Saturday nights), and she talks about the case, and picks the testimony apart, then I almost like Nancy Grace (almost, not totally-she scares me).

moodymaretoo
Feb. 23, 2013, 04:05 PM
No one has ever seen him abuse anyone. She never filed any reports or told parents, or even put anything in her journal indicating he was abusive. I personally think the kinky sex was consensual, and her stories are just to try to make him look bad. I hope she is convicted and gets the DP. She's a waste of oxygen.

:yes:

not really following it but, heard that is throat was slashed, he was shot in the head, and he had at least 29 knife wounds and that she was claiming self defense.
You don't shoot someone, stab them 29 times and then slash their throat in self defense... that's just my little opinion... Interested in how the trial ends.

jetsmom
Feb. 23, 2013, 04:15 PM
:yes:

not really following it but, heard that is throat was slashed, he was shot in the head, and he had at least 29 knife wounds and that she was claiming self defense.
You don't shoot someone, stab them 29 times and then slash their throat in self defense... that's just my little opinion... Interested in how the trial ends.

Well they have time stamped photos of him up to the killing, then again starting 2 min afterwards with him being dragged to the shower, and her pant leg in the pic of him in the shower dead. He was stabbed first, then throat sliced alsmost to the spine, then shot in the head. They know the gunshot was last, because there was no bleeding in the brain, indicating that he was already dead when shot. Plus bullet casing was found on top of the blood pool.
They also know that she was dressed when she took the pics and he wasn't. He didn't own a gun. Her grandparent's home was "robbed" a week before the killing, and their gun, that just happened to be he same caliber as the murder weapon was the only thing stolen. She also drove 1000 miles from her home to Travis's house, and used 3 gas cans that she filled up, to avoid having receipts/records of her being in his area.

CVPeg
Feb. 23, 2013, 06:32 PM
I caught part of Mad Nancy Grace's coverage last night. (She is scary!) Heard the part about the stabbings happening first, then the gun shot last.

With the above, why do they need to go on so - particularly when her story isn't consistent insofar as shooting him first, and then "not remembering" the rest.

(Only saw the one photo of him in the tub in the media, looking pretty upset. Did they show lots of them on Court TV coverage?):(

I've been a huge fan of Law & Order, and watched some small number of trials, but have to say I really need to start to walk away. So depressing thinking there are that many people out there that are so disturbing, and come across so well in general.

TKR
Feb. 23, 2013, 08:46 PM
I just hope the entire jury "gets it" -- that this woman is totally self-absorbed - as in her head waaaaay up her own ass -- and when she answers questions and waits on the next, she is smug, smirking, looking like the cat that ate the canary. Her ONLY emotion is what pertains to her and being in trouble. I think she shows her tendencies as a temptress and sex addict and very narcissistic by all those posed photos of her and the way she sucked in someone like Travis who had obviously never met anyone like her before and totally succumbed to her wiles. She is obviously very jealous and her behavior regarding his interest - or other boyfriends' interest - in other women pretty bizarre. I would never drive an hour and a half to "confront" a woman I didn't know if a guy I was seeing was cheating on me. I'd just write them off. She also hacked into his email and bank account, slashed tires, etc. showing further bizarre and violent behavior. Nothing she said about the trip she made in a rental car with cans of gasoline made any sense. Then she says she remembers shooting him, but the "gun went off" and she wasn't sure he was hit or dead???? What about all that stabbing and dragging around beforehand? She stripped the bed and washed clothes! If she was threatened and didn't know if he was dead -- call 911!! The rest is all about her and how to avoid the consequences and going to his Memorial Service so she wouldn't look "suspect" -- but proclaiming she "loved" him? Oh, and little Miss Lolita went to Utah and bedded another guy right away -- she's the one promoting all that sexual stuff and dragging him down to her level. She deserves the death penalty. She is SUCH a liar and a sociopath. What she can't explain - she can remember? Come on! A load of BS, but I hope the prosecutor gets away from too much details and zeroes in on the murder.
PennyG