PDA

View Full Version : Well that bit me in the butt...

starhorse
Feb. 21, 2013, 09:15 PM
Confession time!
One time, I had too many glasses of wine with friends and made a fake OKCupid profile, with (clearly!) fake photo and fake name. I tried to make my profile as unappealing as possible, stating numerous times I was in love with a married man. I kind of wanted to see how low people would go.

Well, it turns out, really low. Nearly 150 messages later...

I get one from my brother.

Oh, and we're a 90% match.

Karma.

paulaedwina
Feb. 21, 2013, 09:19 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA!

Paula

starhorse
Feb. 21, 2013, 09:30 PM
Totally horrified. At least there are many months until Christmas.

tinydragon
Feb. 21, 2013, 09:33 PM
Hahahaha! That's fantastically bad.

I hope your brother finds his (real) dream girl one day?

danceronice
Feb. 21, 2013, 09:33 PM
Not enough therapy in the western world....

MMacallister
Feb. 21, 2013, 09:36 PM
LOL did you tell your brother?

MunchingonHay
Feb. 21, 2013, 09:41 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: This is awesome! what is your user name!!!??

starhorse
Feb. 21, 2013, 09:45 PM
I... I can't even bring myself to say... But, my user name was SO OBVIOUSLY FAKE. Like, think along the lines of "Ben Dover" or "Alotta Fagina." Not quite that bad, but... still very bad. I don't know what to do! He asked a randomly weird question in the message ("Who do you think would win in a fight, a million chickens or a t-rex?") so I am thinking about just texting him from my (real) phone, "A t-rex, for sure." and seeing what happens... I have got to say something before a potentially bad follow-up message, right?

Oh lord, if only that MTV show was catching this...

twotrudoc
Feb. 21, 2013, 09:46 PM
HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurierace
Feb. 21, 2013, 09:49 PM
Not much makes me literally LOL instead of simply writing the letters!

starhorse
Feb. 21, 2013, 10:07 PM
What should I do?!!

equinekingdom
Feb. 21, 2013, 10:09 PM
omgosh that's hilarious!!! totally think you should text him and tell him t-rex, see if he picks up on it. ;)

magicteetango
Feb. 21, 2013, 10:09 PM
The text do the text! Sorry but this is priceless!

SarahandSam
Feb. 21, 2013, 10:10 PM
I would definitely go with your text plan. Just enough to freak him out completely.

Totally hilarious all 'round.

Event4Life
Feb. 21, 2013, 10:12 PM
best OT day post in the history of OT day posts. bwahahahahaha. You must text!!

jess h
Feb. 21, 2013, 10:17 PM
Totally read this out loud to hubby (we met on Match) and we're howling. Thank you for the best LOL of the day! No advice, though I'm liking the text idea. Pretty please update!!

bits619
Feb. 21, 2013, 10:48 PM
Aaah love it that's so funny!! Well was he polite and upstanding? I hope so, imagine if he had been all mating dance-like! Ahhahahaa sorry sorry I would be mortified too :-D
Omg my brother would kill me! Ahhahahaa too funny!

Horse with No Name
Feb. 21, 2013, 10:54 PM
Oh gosh, LOling and woke the dog up :lol:

Text him, and quickly before OP day closes so you can give us an update.

SnicklefritzG
Feb. 21, 2013, 11:09 PM
I agree!!! Text him before OT closes. Otherwise you will get a zillion PM's asking what happened!!!

dani0303
Feb. 21, 2013, 11:47 PM
Hahahaha omg that is classic! I would let him know, just for pure entertainment value.

hoopoe
Feb. 21, 2013, 11:51 PM
Yes humiliation is always so much fun

you are sober now

and I am assuming you are adult enough to delete everything you can and shut it down

dont mention it to your brother

nhwr
Feb. 21, 2013, 11:52 PM
Bwhahhhahahahahahaha :lol:

Send him a text while you are with him, so you can take a picture of his face when he reads it.

jetsmom
Feb. 22, 2013, 04:08 AM
That's hilarious!
The only thing worse would have been if it was your dad that answered...

But I think you should text him 't-rex"

starhorse
Feb. 22, 2013, 06:59 AM
Update... I texted him, "A t-rex, definitely." and he responded with simply, "that's wrong."

Does he think the chickens would win, or does he think the situation is wrong? I am not convinced he has made the connection yet... Maybe he asks lots of people (like in our family) the question so he thought I heard about it that way?

Perhaps I will start asking him about some of the favorite books/movies he mentions on his page, and see how long it takes for it to click.

nasalberry
Feb. 22, 2013, 07:05 AM
:lol:

I think he made the connection.

starhorse
Feb. 22, 2013, 07:08 AM
You think?! I dunno... I expected a more animated response out of him if he realized what happened. But maybe he is stunned, and posting on his own BB of some sort :)

nasalberry
Feb. 22, 2013, 08:00 AM
You think?! I dunno... I expected a more animated response out of him if he realized what happened. But maybe he is stunned, and posting on his own BB of some sort :)
More like: Mortified. Embarrassed. Stricken.
:winkgrin:

islgrl
Feb. 22, 2013, 08:23 AM
This might be my favorite post ever.

Event4Life
Feb. 22, 2013, 08:25 AM
This is hilarious!! ahahahahahaha I'm still giggling.

Ainsley688
Feb. 22, 2013, 08:35 AM
That is the best! Hahahahahahaha, sounds like something fun to do after a few drinks, maybe better since I don't have a brother, lol. I can't wait until you see him in person! What the heck is he going to say!?

Louise
Feb. 22, 2013, 08:38 AM
Somebody probably told him (you did say you were with a bunch of drunken friends) and he was pulling your chain.

SillyHorse
Feb. 22, 2013, 08:50 AM
Somebody probably told him (you did say you were with a bunch of drunken friends) and he was pulling your chain.
It's really very funny, but I think Louise is right, he knew it was you.

Saidapal
Feb. 22, 2013, 09:21 AM
It's really very funny, but I think Louise is right, he knew it was you.

If that's the truth it's a case of who got who......inquiring minds want to know.

Jealoushe
Feb. 22, 2013, 09:22 AM
maybe he meant thats wrong...like that he was messaging you all along!

winfieldfarm
Feb. 22, 2013, 10:54 AM
I am blessed to be happily married and not in need of finding companionship at this point in my life because honestly, I would have no idea....

But seriously, the on line dating game is to me, like the public pool. You can dive in to what seems like an innocent crystal blue pool with the sun shining, lifeguards on duty and a cool deep end with diving boards. But in reality, you're sharing water with a bunch of strangers who at any moment are emptying their bladders and swimming away, only to leave you unawares swimming through their hot spot in the pool.

NO THANKS....

I say, f with your bro. But that's the sick psycho that I am. But be prepared for him to be royally peeved that you are making fun of his attempts at a love connection. Or perhaps a partner in a strange apocalyptic battle royale between chickens and t rexs.

GingerJumper
Feb. 22, 2013, 11:04 AM
Thank you, OP, for making my morning. That is FANTASTIC! In a weird sort of way. :lol:

HighFlyinBey++
Feb. 22, 2013, 12:41 PM
Back in high school, we did some silly computer thing that "matched" you with compatible classmates. I got matched with the cousin that I called my "twin brother." :lol:

KateKat
Feb. 22, 2013, 01:43 PM
HAH! Hilarious. Sounds like he might have found you out though...

starhorse
Feb. 22, 2013, 04:37 PM
No way! To address questions/concerns of the sitcom that is my life...

1) He DEFINITELY did not know it was me, because these friends have never met my brother. None of my family knew I had done it, nor had any of my other friends who would know my brother (work friends vs. hometown friends).

2) Since he responded "that's wrong," here's the rest of the text convo. To give you some insight, I'm 25, he's 28 and a lawyer (just so you can really picture the scenario!)

Me (out of the blue): A t-rex, definitely...
Him: That's wrong
Me: How could chickens beat a t-rex?
Him: A million?! I figure the T-rex stomps about 10,000 before they get organized.
Me: I don't know if chickens get organized...

At this point in the convo, my students arrive, and I can no longer look at my phone. I check at lunch and find:

Him: That's the real question, isn't it?
Him: I mean the knee jerk response is t-rex, but picture getting in a ring with an angry chicken. You would be a little scared.
Him: They can attack.

90 minutes after the "They can attack" text.

Him: Wait a minute. I know where you got that from! You catfished me!

And then he went on to say slightly offensive remarks about girls on OKCupid which I shall leave off of the bulletin boards...

I swear, this is 100% true and he 100% did not know it was me. I literally can't believe this happened.

starhorse
Feb. 22, 2013, 04:38 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention the very last text from him, after the not so polite remarks...

Him: So which one were you?

... I guess I shouldn't feel too special that I got the t-rex vs. chickens treatment, then!

shezabrazenmare
Feb. 22, 2013, 04:43 PM
Well, it's nice that you and your brother are compatible. Although maybe dating may be a little too compatible, LOL. Unless you live in Tiger Ridge. If you live in Tiger Ridge, it's perfectly OK to even marry your brother.:eek:

two sticks
Feb. 22, 2013, 04:45 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention the very last text from him, after the not so polite remarks...

Him: So which one were you?

... I guess I shouldn't feel too special that I got the t-rex vs. chickens treatment, then!

Bahahahahahahahaha that makes it even better. Don't tell him and he'll be suspicious of every girl he talks to on OKC!

Can you imagine getting the "Are you my sister?" response message if you messaged some guy... Lol.

mvp
Feb. 22, 2013, 05:02 PM
Don't tell him. Tool boy with the JD who takes 90 minutes to figure out it's you !should be allowed to twist in the wind a bit longer with other OKCupid women.... whom he dates.... but disses.... but dates.

Thanks for the entertainment

MunchingonHay
Feb. 22, 2013, 05:11 PM
now I want his username LOL :lol:

Miss J
Feb. 22, 2013, 06:11 PM
I do have to have to say best of the top ten threads evah!

Bahahahahhahaha!! Since I have a bro as well, I would torment him a little bit more, then fess up! That way you can still mess with him for years to come, and he won't be too emotionally scarred to online dating! Hehehehe....Good job, annoying little sister!!

KateMcCall
Feb. 22, 2013, 08:25 PM
Arrange a date and meet with him :) And make him buy you dinner! haha

ETA: oops, posted comment before reading all the comments

Fourbeats
Feb. 22, 2013, 08:58 PM
This is one of the best off topic threads ever! Thanks for the laugh.

Laurierace
Feb. 22, 2013, 09:03 PM
Why doesn't your brother recognize your phone number on the text? If you do meet for dinner make sure you have Pina Coladas!

Noctis
Feb. 22, 2013, 09:11 PM
That is BEYOND priceless! With a completely SERIOUS OKCupid profile my ex husband messaged me...and didn't recognize me...*facepalm*

PiaffePlease
Feb. 22, 2013, 11:31 PM
This is so funny! Best OT thread ever!

starhorse
Feb. 23, 2013, 09:24 AM
He did recognize my number on the text. He just hadn't put two and two together about where I heard the question from... I guess he had asked my dad that question a while ago, so he thought my dad had relayed it to me.

Regardless, I had to confess which person I was because I felt guilty. And I wanted to be SURE there would be no follow-up weird messages from my brother!

SnicklefritzG
Feb. 23, 2013, 11:06 AM
So how did he react??

talkofthetown
Feb. 23, 2013, 12:12 PM
This is just beyond awesome.

starhorse
Feb. 23, 2013, 02:44 PM
So how did he react??

See above responses... He basically thought it was funny that I catfished him (accidentally!) and then said something about girls on OKCupid being... "available," I guess? And then asked which one I was!

I did tell him, to which I haven't gotten an answer. Ruh roh!

jenm
Feb. 23, 2013, 03:28 PM
I tried to make my profile as unappealing as possible, stating numerous times I was in love with a married man. I kind of wanted to see how low people would go.

I really do think this is damn funny, but aren't you a little bit concerned about your brother's taste in women? :confused:;)

starhorse
Feb. 23, 2013, 03:37 PM
Hahaha this came as no surprise, frankly. My brother is one of those "I'm the prize!" kind of guys... especially now that he finished law school. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy, I'd say :)

ReSomething
Feb. 23, 2013, 03:43 PM
You shouldn't have toooooold him! Darn it.

starhorse
Feb. 23, 2013, 03:56 PM
As fun as it would have been to mess with him...

1) I would have felt bad.
2) If he said something raunchy, I would never, ever, EVER have recovered.