PDA

View Full Version : "I can't sign in or post!" Do you use AOL? PLEASE READ!

Rayman421
Mar. 13, 2006, 04:06 PM
When you sign in the forum will say thanks for signing in, but it WILL NOT let you do anything - it really did NOT sign you in.

SO if you use AOL, whether dial up or DSL (I have DSL)

Sign on to your AOL but then minimize the screen and use INTERNET EXPLORER to access COTH instead and you will have no problems!! :)

MAD
Mar. 13, 2006, 04:33 PM
I did a bit of research this morning with AOL dialup and with DSL. As long as you check the "remember me" button when you login from the new forums when you login, you should have no problems. luvs2ride79 also posted about it here:

http://praha.planetsg.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=36216 (http://praha.planetsg.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=36216)

teal tea
Mar. 14, 2006, 01:37 AM
MAD, thank you so much for that tip. I don't have Internet Explorer at home, at least I don't think I do.

Seal Harbor
Mar. 14, 2006, 01:46 AM
MAD, thank you so much for that tip. I don't have Internet Explorer at home, at least I don't think I do.

If you have any version of Windows operating system (Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP) on your computer you have Internet Explorer. It comes with it. There is an e icon and it's blue. I don't know about Macs. They have to come with some kind of web browser or something. Try Opera or Firefox both available for free on the web. I like both of those since they have tabs at the top so instead of opening a bunch of windows for every where you want to be at the same time, there are tabs. althoug some site are written with IE in mind and don't support other browsers.

fuzzydise
Mar. 14, 2006, 10:30 AM
Stupid aol...finally got on with clicking the remember me button... will this always be the case?

Fairview Horse Center
Mar. 14, 2006, 01:15 PM
I am on AOL, and it remembers me all the time. It may have something to do with your security level on your computer?

Oakstable
May. 27, 2006, 04:08 PM
I have problems with AOL so I use Firefox and bookmark COTH. I can log in quickly on Firefox but when I log in on AOL, it says welcome, but I still am not logged in.

Go, Mozilla Firefox.

I also read my AOL mail on Firefox.

The only thing I have not mastered is getting all my bookmarks duplicated in Firefox. I think that's one of those things AOL set up to keep you using their services.