PDA

View Full Version : Where to find steel buckets?

red mares
Jul. 28, 2012, 03:55 PM
Looking for a 5 gal steel water bucket in HR/Richmond, VA area? Anyone have any clues? BO has tried 3 places local to him with no luck. I'm checking the internet for him. Any suggestions anyone? So far I've seen a page that says the local TSC SHOULD have them, but apparently not so much.

TIA.

ETA - he has the standard rubber/plastic buckets. Putting copper pennies a a rubber bucket doesn't work the same way a putting them in a metal one.

yaya
Jul. 28, 2012, 04:02 PM
You mean like this?

http://www.enasco.com/product/C29842HV

Why do you put copper pennies in?

Ghazzu
Jul. 28, 2012, 04:56 PM
You mean like this?

http://www.enasco.com/product/C29842HV

Why do you put copper pennies in?

Especially since "copper" pennies are mainly zinc.
(97.5% zinc/2.5% copper)

Tom King
Jul. 28, 2012, 05:05 PM
If Pleasant's Hardware on Broad Street doesn't have them, I wouldn't know where else to look in Richmond.

Alagirl
Jul. 28, 2012, 05:07 PM
Especially since "copper" pennies are mainly zinc.
(97.5% zinc/2.5% copper)

well the outside is...

ReSomething
Jul. 28, 2012, 06:07 PM
You can get galvanized buckets at Lowe's, with lids or without. They work great for carrying ashes from the fireplace, but if you really mean steel I haven't a clue.

JackieBlue
Jul. 28, 2012, 06:24 PM
well the outside is...

AFAIK, they are an alloy through and through. Not copper plated zinc.

I use copper pipe fittings when trying to tasty up the water. But I've found that a scoop or 2 of lemon-lime Gatorade works much better!:yes:

Alagirl
Jul. 28, 2012, 06:31 PM
AFAIK, they are an alloy through and through. Not copper plated zinc.

I use copper pipe fittings when trying to tasty up the water. But I've found that a scoop or 2 of lemon-lime Gatorade works much better!:yes:

I have actually seen the makeup of a penny....a goldsmith friend stuck one in a flame for giggles...it virtually exploded because the core is something other than the outside. :yes:

vicarious
Jul. 29, 2012, 02:12 PM
A veterinary supply house.You may have to mail order.

cutter99
Jul. 29, 2012, 03:15 PM
Any place that sells supplies for dairy farms.