PDA

View Full Version : My fence is going in!!

tle
Jul. 24, 2012, 09:24 AM
I'll post pictures as we go, but the contractor is finally out today to start working on my fencing! SQUEE!! Just had to share. I don't know exactly how many days it will take... never asked. Met with him again last week and reviewed the plans and put down the deposit and after talking to him, I definitely feel I made the right choice in companies. He's going to...

... replace the 7 strand wire fence around my 2.5 acre pasture and put in field mesh with support posts every 50' (the rest will be on the existing t-posts) and move the east fence line out about 9'. Included in this is a 16' gate (with the hope that I can purchase or at least end up using the 1.68 acre lot to the west of me).

.... install a 1/3 acre-ish paddock in front of (north) the main pasture and behind (east) the garage. Field mesh on mostly wood posts. Includes two 5' walkthru gates, a 14' gate on the pasture side and a 16' gate along the road.

.... install a 30'x190' paddock on the west side of the house and barn. Field mesh on wood posts with a 6' walkthru gate, a 12' gate to the main pasture and a 20' opening (double gated) to the driveway (I often use that space for turnaround and still want to be able to access it as needed).

Plus we've actually gotten a bit of rain so when the fence is finally in, the cows might actually be able to be turned out!!

Only grumble is that the township's right of way off the road may actually put me 20' from the road instead of the 10' I had wanted. Will NOT be happy if that happens.

ReSomething
Jul. 24, 2012, 09:26 AM
Jealous.

trubandloki
Jul. 24, 2012, 09:30 AM
Looking forward to the photos.

suz
Jul. 24, 2012, 10:27 AM
excellent news--well done!
pics please?

TrotTrotPumpkn
Jul. 24, 2012, 12:25 PM